What happened to COD?

What happened to COD?

Attached: FA0BCD8C-0421-4977-9206-319739FF621D.jpg (768x768, 141K)

cawwadoody was never good

Black ops 4 is unironcally the best COD in years

It made a game that a lot of people liked and then became a victim of its own success

miss the days when they made games for men and not soiboys

New generation of players. The mature games for mature gamers such as myself 13 year olds are going into college now. Crazy wacky costumes and dances are the new in-thing. Every game has to have them now.

CoD devs are literally boomers who try to appease zoomers.

lol

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x768, 181K)

When it was good people on the internet said it was bad and that every game was the same boring contemporary settings with russian bad guys, so they made it different. Now that it's different there's backlash.

Fortnite is popular with its cartoony frivol tone, attracting wall-eyed mendicants like that developers want to siphon money out of

Nah, it just doesnt have jetpacks. Its got terrible net code tho

More money

You're wrong. Call of Duty 1 and 2 were objectively great.

>victim
Look at me with my millions of dollars. Please help, I'm a victim

Are people really nostalgic for brown and gray shooters of 2009?

Overfishing :^)

Treyarch CODs always have terrible netcode

Its got micro-transactions now, and what can you buy in-game without it being pay-to-win guns or audience-dividing maps? Naturally cosmetic items will appear, and unfortunately for operator fags like me, most items are colorful trash

>What happened to COD?
You - You happened, user, and your whole pathetic generation.

I mean, it depends.
For what it is, it's ok. It's not meant to be a serious game, it's just meant to be a dumb FPS you play with your friends. It's kinda like Mario Kart in that respect.

Same thing Battlefield V tried to do, but they didn't use a women in their advertisement so they got away with it.

Attached: Battlefield-5-PC-Review-Female-Soldiers.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

>every game has to have wacky so silly costumes and emotes because corporate wants the Fortnite audience

fuck this gay earth

They kept making them after Modern Warfare. If they stopped while the horse wasn't beaten to death the series would probably be held in high regards today.

I haven't played since MW2, and a friend told me I wouldn't recognize it now. Geez, he's right, what happened to it?

Based ESL-kun

How the fuck do you think we felt when every FPS became an auto-regen cover shooter with jelly screen and 2 weapons? Welcome to our world faggot, enjoy your fucking stay.

cop skin firebreak is undisputably the best skin of any vidya in years

Attached: c9hrhvm6fkh21.jpg (3024x4032, 2.28M)

Here’s my only gripes
>some heroes are too OP, some are borderline useless
>nades should never be on cooldown
>maps are boring and needlessly big
>maps have no real flow
>guns are heavily favored towards smg
>battle pass has a shitty unlock system

I blame TF2 for their hat bullshit that I believe started the whole paying for skins nonsense

>PS4 shitter
>takes pic with phone

it's called Google dipshit

>maps are needlessly big

Do you even play black ops 4?

You and I both know there are some areas on the maps where nobody ever goes. Why are they even there?

>Implying the series was never associated with edgy toddlers.

there's like four areas per map. what are you even talking about.

>One quietly introduces women - end result is barely anyone cares
>Other one loudly, and blatantly advertises with "YASSSSS QUEEN LOOK AT ALL THE WOMEN IN OUR GAME! OH YOU INCEL NECKBEARD MISOGYNIST GAMER BOYS DON'T LIKE IT? TOO FUCKING BAD, JUST DON'T BUY IT LOL!" - end result is slightly more people care
Gee Bill, I just don't understand how things could've gone so weirdly wrong for BFV.

no one likes to be just a grunt anymore, gotta sell them cosmetics

Attached: 1549605397471.jpg (648x484, 50K)

Horse armor in Oblivion. First cosmetic DLC 2006.

TF2 added loot boxes(and hats) in 2011.

Attached: 6935673568.jpg (218x231, 8K)

What maps? Black ops 4 barely has any big maps

stinky bandwagon nigger go home and die

Attached: 24553.jpg (205x192, 18K)

>tally marks
>skulls
>no pain, no gain
>alpha male

pretty gay

Horse armor wasn't well received though

Yep.

Attached: WWII.png (2760x618, 869K)

The entire red area should be cut out. It makes the maps needlessly big and makes it so there are some weird spawn situations.

Attached: 5EF6B13B-E013-4B4F-AA9F-46A206754FF8.png (1000x562, 1.36M)

>muh skin muh skin MUHHHUHUHUH SKIN
I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU GODDAMN FAGGOTS TALKING ABOUT SKINS. BUYING SKINS LIKE ITS A NORMAL THING. AS IF THAT MAKES UP FOR THE UNINSPIRED BULLSHIT THAT PASS FOR GAMES RIGHT NOW. FUCK OFF.

Well they started including bitches in the story and multiplayer.

It's been steadily downhill since then.

The industry took note of all the brown and bloom memes

CoD 1 and 2 had fun single player campaigns. That's what made the series famous.

Compared to CS, Day of Defeat, Battlefield, Red Orchestra...etc. CoD multiplayer was never good. But it was dumbed down just enough to appeal to console players.

>BUYING SKINS LIKE ITS A NORMAL THING.
That skin can't even be bought, it has to be unlocked.

You honestly don’t know map design

THAT’S GREAT. BUT SKINS ARE BARELY CONTENT AND EVERYBODY WHO IS OBSESSED WITH THEM AND BRINGS THEM UP ALL THE DAMN TIME SHOULD GO PLAY WITH DOLLS.

>giving a shit about being called an incel

Character customization is fun.

Attached: 1547258930950.gif (480x364, 886K)

If anything that’s the best map in the game

That's the only "big" map in the game and most of that red area is OoB anyway.

Tell me what’s the benefit of having those extra areas? Here’s why I think they should be cut out. There are multiple situations where the team is pushing from the west side, but we only get to about where the submarine is have eliminated most enemies we see. The game thinks this is far enough into the map because it’s alredy over the halfway point and starts spamming the enemies behind us. This is despite the fact that there are still a large amount of enemies in front of us. Suddenly we are surrounded and quickly gunned down due to a large lap and the spawning mechanics. This happens many times.

>complaining about content in a game made for fourteen years olds to point and shoot at each other
wew lad

I’m not saying cut the map in half, just trimming a few spots here and there that are unneeded.

You touched it last

APPLYING A SKIN IS BARELY CUSTOMIZATION. LOOK AT HOW GREAT THE CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS FOR GAMES 10 YEARS AGO WERE. NOW PEOPLE JUST BUY PRESET TRASH. MAKES ME SICK.

Considering how great the customization was in Advanced Warfare.

Gears of war 3 had micros in 2011 some of which were on disc. 2011 was the year of micros.

Devolved from Trend Setter to trend follower.

Everyone wanted to be CoD. Now CoD wants that fortnite money. Live services allows you to cut so many costs and Jam to those microtransactions

I see what you're getting at. Mix-and-match customization like Advanced Warfare and The Division and stuff is a lot better than full-on skins.

Live service is not bad Jim sterling jr if anything cod could benefit from not releasing every year

>Lootboxes, battlepass, AND zombies microtransactions ANND season pass on a $60 game

How the fuck do consumers let it come to this?

Attached: Done.jpg (436x536, 51K)

>MW4 will be based for two weeks until zoomers get their faggy cosmetics
WWII was enjoyable until they started adding gay ass suits of armors for skins

That ain’t gameplay son

these digits