You now remember The Sims 1

>you now remember The Sims 1

Attached: The Sims 1.png (800x600, 553K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552000299188.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=YNizVO8WBYw
youtu.be/xD_vx-eMtGY?t=6720
youtube.com/watch?v=CnKUyE2peDw
youtube.com/watch?v=rDiXxyb5jUQ
youtu.be/1I_wWdposQc
youtu.be/xD_vx-eMtGY?t=4500
youtube.com/watch?v=399YneFTwh0
youtube.com/watch?v=F2MFv2xe8yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mke9z4qfTFU
youtube.com/watch?v=0lW94F4jSk4
freeso.org/
youtube.com/user/noojim/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=G4mshu6BUio
youtube.com/watch?v=N98bNoUD0qk&list=PLB16E242310CAAE17&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM
youtube.com/watch?v=TKFUIlfQ0Js&index=23&list=RDU86t4CdKnsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never played any of the Sims because the games were gay and boring.

Where did the TIME go?

Attached: 1547829582021-3.jpg (363x364, 45K)

>the fucking soundtrack
why does it make me feel this way

Attached: 1543543472056.jpg (475x417, 31K)

>tfw 7 deadly sims skin database is still up, but no longer useable
we had a good run you and I, and I will miss that headless horseman skin. Soldier on brave website, you may be dead but you are not forgotten

Attached: 1523155259342.webm (700x392, 829K)

>think about getting back into it
>most of the content hosting sites are gone

Anyone who has forgotten The Sims 1 existed has early onset dementia. There's almost daily sims 4 threads here.

*dam damdam dam dam bingeling bing bing ba*

Anyone who knows what song I'm thinking of from the game will get a real life animu gf.

I was literally reminded of it on /vr/ a half hour ago.

Attached: 1.png (554x341, 299K)

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552000299188.webm
Rate my household.

Attached: hood.png (800x600, 510K)

>you now remember that sad AS FUCK story in youtube comment of a random ost of the game

Attached: FORTINITE.png (772x426, 183K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YNizVO8WBYw

>sountrack

d-delet

SOUL

Based

Attached: 1517705894940.jpg (768x432, 49K)

You know remember The Sims 4

Attached: 1551630004368.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

Sims 1 soundtrack just makes me really sad. I love Sims 2's soundtrack though and I think it really sums up the height of the Sims and everything it was

youtu.be/xD_vx-eMtGY?t=6720

youtube.com/watch?v=CnKUyE2peDw

Attached: 1550623105725.png (1280x888, 1.37M)

>Build music
The feels are so bad now. Where does the time go?

what's wrong with her hand?

The Sims 3 music is pretty great too.
youtube.com/watch?v=rDiXxyb5jUQ

is there any way to play this game in widescreen? i downloaded it some time ago but couldn't deal with 25% of the screen being black to each side

it's one of the better soundtracks ever made, not many like it that also draw upon a specifically nostalgic period and style of music

>couldn't deal with 25% of the screen being black to each side

Attached: 9d8.jpg (232x288, 68K)

You now remember the tragic clown which came to your house to "cheer up" your sims.

youtu.be/1I_wWdposQc

Attached: Tragic_Clawn.png (616x637, 160K)

Steam release with mod support fucking when?

Wasn't the Sims 3 music mostly bought from freesounds.org or some shit? I've heard songs from that game in TV shows and shit before.

I personally can't like the Sims 3's music, maybe it's too positive but it makes me think I'm playing the Elf game or some shit. Perhaps I'm a doomer

youtu.be/xD_vx-eMtGY?t=4500

Attached: Missing a QTE.gif (400x256, 1.45M)

The Sims 2 was better. I made so many stories... Whole paragraphs of backgrounds. All lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

who /bob/ here?

God, the soundtrack is an absolute masterpiece, it had no right being this good. A mix of '50s Americana and solemn contemplation of bygone days.

youtube.com/watch?v=399YneFTwh0

youtube.com/watch?v=F2MFv2xe8yQ

Attached: Bob_Newbie_(The_Sims).jpg (95x264, 4K)

Why does this soundtrack make you so fucking sad?

I guess it makes me think of when I was a little doe eyed kid with only optimism.

Sims 1 will always have the biggest place in my heart for the sadness. But yeah Sims 2 perfected the entire concept.

I miss playing it with naruto mods

That track in particular is slower, lower, etc. Try listening to some of the neighborhood tracks, they're more spritely

youtube.com/watch?v=Mke9z4qfTFU

Attached: 144946887178.jpg (306x306, 13K)

Reminder you can still play Sims 1 and 2 on Windows 10.

Attached: 1551717316618.jpg (2160x3840, 2.8M)

I know, but it's a good kind of sad. It's a reflective sadness, looking back, recollecting events of your life.

TS3>TS2>TS1>TS4

Jesus Christ, dat Melissa story.
Wasn't expecting to feel this much

> "It's ok, overunder5, I'm happy here, you have to let me go. You have to uninstall. The real me died a long time ago. As long as you remember me, I'll will always live within you. Not a phantom limb, or a phantom anything. As part of your heart. I will always be your Melissa. So I know exactly how to finish: Dag Dag!"

youtube.com/watch?v=0lW94F4jSk4
someone made a 3d conversion of the sims 1 and it's free and also has multiplayer

freeso.org/

Attached: 1552128063830.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

But I can't be young and happy again.

Whoever designed that graphic did it to a T.

This here is the real problem.

Nostalgia. Better times. When joy was easy for you to come by. Now that joy doesn't come as easily and when it does, it fades quickly because you can't lose yourself in what was - you have responsibilities now, you think differently, you have come to put away childish things when you need to be an adult.

Those days are gone user. Keep those feelings and memories in your heart, user. But don't dwell on the past because there is still a road ahead of you. And just because that sun has set, doesn't mean a new one won't rise.

Attached: 1544357763370.png (438x432, 61K)

this is the boomer nostalgia thread, go back to /vg/

Attached: 26742811-Old-woman-with-pistol-on-a-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg (999x1300, 173K)

The memories. My gateway computer struggled to run this at 15 FPS. I didn't think anything of it for months until my friend came over to play and said "Why is it so choppy?"

WELL I GUESS THIS IS GROWING UP
i want to go back

Thanks bro. I know one shouldn't dwell to long on the past, just be happy it happened.

youtube.com/user/noojim/videos

>She'll never make another teen-drama machinima again
>You'll never get attached to a generic sim character and watch her grow up in a fucking video series made in the Sims 2
>The golden age of Machinima came and went long ago

My heart aches.

fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Attached: 1312947009188.jpg (886x503, 55K)

consolefags report in

Attached: Sims2ps2boxart.jpg (529x750, 200K)

I do remember the sims 1, and it will always have a place in my heart as one of my favorite games of my childhood, having said that playing it now i've been spoiled by all the quality of life changes they've made in the latter games. The needs decay way too quickly in the sims 1 to be able to enjoy any of the expansion packs imo, hell even going on vacations were tedious at times just cause your sims needs dropped too fast. I tried looking for that one modded object that instantly boosts your needs but for the life of me i can't find it anymore.

Also did anyone play the sims 3 like an open world rpg more than a life simulator? I loved playing as a single homeless character, blowing up cars with c4 (I think it was in the ambitions ep) and making my fortune traveling to the different countries collecting treasures that i'd showcase in my mansion that i'd eventually get from getting passive income from all the properties i'd own in the city

You can't be young again but you can be happy.

Attached: boomer.jpg (1277x725, 390K)

>Its been almost 3 years. Where's part 6????!!!
>SparklezStarz1997 - 6 years ago

Attached: 1449983189478.jpg (342x311, 17K)

Does the website work? It didn’t for me a week ago

When you objectively look at the shit show of the modern world, are you really capable of calling it purely nostalgia?

Attached: hit.png (720x715, 472K)

whoa, i've never seen the 3d conversion before, i'll have to check that out

The pastebin? Yes, it works. It never stopped working.

Psp version. Don’t forget the Urbz

Attached: 83F6802B-8468-4C4F-ABD8-27119B600F83.jpg (314x445, 41K)

Why are you guys getting mopey and sad over the past? Be happy you have these memories to reflect on. Greentext about fun times you had in the game, times that annoyed the shit out of you, and times you said "fuck it" and cheated to get the extra money.

You aren't sad and unhappy, you're just older and smarter and can't take pleasure in simple things. You need to find to go out and find new things that catch your attention - get out of your nostalgia cave and throw caution to the wind. You CAN find something new to take your interest.

You will never lose those memories and those feelings, you will always have them. Just don't stay transfixed in the past - reminisce, but keep walking or it will only feel worse.

PS2 Urbz is garbage.

>tfw you can never go back to being a kid and playing The Sims and being happy
youtube.com/watch?v=G4mshu6BUio

Attached: 1536721738412.jpg (988x783, 134K)

I... I never noticed that The Sims 1 wasn't 3D.

Attached: ohmy.jpg (234x215, 5K)

Huh. I might’ve screwed it up when I typed it in

Pic related and Castaway DS were pure kino.

Attached: king.png (321x362, 313K)

Its a Zero, not an O

It's so buried into my head that sometimes completely unrelated songs remind me of it.

WRONG PIC FUCK

Attached: kino.jpg (220x220, 17K)

That would do it. Thanks!

Can you objectively look back at how the world was back then, and say it was any better? Or does it only SEEM better because "the world" held no meaning to a young mind in those days? You had the sims, what else did you need?

Attached: 1552149529056.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

My neighborhood wasn't full of people wearing garbage bags with towels on their heads with several shorter things wearing garbage bags following it with everyone else pretending that's normal in the west, so yes I can say it was better.

hell yeah dude, that was the shit

>have the CD-box set of The Sims complete collection
>try to install it on my mom's shitty laptop that still runs W7
>it can't install
>my computer has W10 and it probably won't run on it
Feels bad man.

Attached: 1536013425219.jpg (385x385, 24K)

Fucking.
Read.
The.
Fucking.
Thread.

>heard that there was an urbz 2 in the works
>gets canceled
>turns into Sims 2 for ps2
While I’m happy it lived as another game, I’m still pissed there was no actual real sequel.

I'm sorry, I'm retarded.

Friendly reminder that The Sims was one of the first games EA went maximum jew on with the expansions and stuff packs.
If only we knew how bad it could get.

I want to go back where you can just play video games without all these SJWs politics left right bullshits

Attached: 10256014.gif (296x296, 163K)

Iffen they aren't bothering you or throwing bags on you, doesn't mean much innit? If they're under your skin it's because your puttin them there. And if it's such a problem, find a better place to move or wait for them to go.

Sadly I think we’re just going to stray farther into that pit instead of making great games with a variety of gameplay

Do you know how Deus Ex is that one game which everyone reinstalls when you mention it.
The Sims 1 has that effect on me, which is why I don't even bother uninstalling it.

My question is, why are they even catering to extremist who don't even play video games?

Attached: 45435435453.jpg (468x459, 93K)

There's a free version of The Sims that you can play on Windows 10, plus it's fully online, so you build your home, visit other people, and hang out in real-time it also has a 3D version if you've got a good setup

freeso.org

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 1.12M)

If only you all knew how bad it has gotten
Pic related is a mod for Sims 4

Attached: 1552351502749.png (500x281, 187K)

>plus it's fully online
not a plus

They had to take their writing degrees somewhere so they jammed it into the gaming journalism. Instead of just video games being awesome it’s now “video games are *insert trendy phobic word here*”

>get the itch to play the sims
>each one has pros and cons
>accidentally wiped my HDD that had Sims 4 installed
>the HDD that had Sims 3 installed to it got fucked, so I had to put 7 on another Partition, and now even though I still have the Sims 3 folder with all the shit, the game won't let me play, giving me this error
>already redownloading 4, will probably end up redownloading the rest after
If anyone knows if I can salvage my Sims 3 that I currently have I would appreciate it, but it seems like I'll have to redownload it again at this rate.
>they STILL haven't brought back direct control
Every time I am reminded I get angry. Anyways, the console Sims were actually pretty fucking good. I still remember putting hundreds of hours into Bustin' Out, Urbz (for Xbox and DS and I think GBA as well), and Sims 1 and 2 and having a blast. 2 is still my favorite for the direct control addition, but goddamn they were all pretty good. The odd thing is I don't remember how I got into the series. For some reason I bought Sims 1 for the GC and enjoyed the shit out of it, but I don't know what convinced me to buy it in the first place.

Attached: aodngag.jpg (290x149, 7K)

You don't have to interact with other people, make your neetshack up in the mountains away from the most populated areas of the map if you want

I want.......... to go....... back...................................

Attached: etd.png (500x207, 168K)

I remember my introduction fairly well. I was at a GameStop right before they took down the ps2 rack. I grabbed the last few sims games not knowing what they were. Sims 2 Pets, Sims 1, and the urbz. (I wouldn’t buy Bustin Out until last year) Looking back now, I can for sure say that my all time favorite sims game will forever be the urbz just because of its city atmosphere and the attitude the sims had in each district making them seem so distinct

>TFW you have the complete collection and it plays perfectly on your PC
>TFW you have a No-CD crack so you can play it whenever
>TFW you just built your third gay billionaire bathhouse in the same neighborhood

Attached: relatable_0~2.jpg (139x148, 9K)

Attached: 1535168593547.webm (1280x960, 2.98M)

>TS1
Best TS ever.

Attached: 1538665547203.jpg (591x725, 244K)

does it also have all the DLC or just the base game?

>10 years old
>playing the sims 1
>make a sim with my own name and give myself a wife called "Crystal" because I thought it was a beautiful name

Attached: 1525857249979.jpg (270x187, 7K)

Chris?

/ss/

>15 yrs
>make a sim with my own name
>bang every female (all ages) in the game
Every time.

What in the goddamn...

Attached: 1450652879898.png (512x512, 409K)

>Friend in elementary school made my family in the Sims
>Not his family, my family: mom, dad, me, and my two younger sisters
>Later he wound up gay
What went wrong?

Attached: 1492036433136.png (253x199, 6K)

>never played
>the games were gay and boring

hot take

Attached: Sims2EP9 2019-03-09 22-59-43-22.jpg (1360x768, 133K)

He clearly loved you and you didn't correspond back.

Is there even a feature upgrade between Sims 2, 3, and 4? Or is it just content and graphics?

I miss makin' magic.
youtube.com/watch?v=N98bNoUD0qk&list=PLB16E242310CAAE17&index=6

Attached: gvc9clplz4rx.png (594x908, 91K)

From 2 to 3 they added some stuff, like mermaids, horses and some other shit.
They took it all away in 4 and still haven't added any of it back. They just made 4 run on microwaves and look a bit better than 3.

It has elements from each DLCs - like pets from Unleashed and items from Vacation, the main appeal is that it's a big interconnected neighbourhood, like the Sims 3 world but online

I remember getting tired of it after an in-game week and buying fireworks inside and deleting the doors

SHOULD i stay with sims 2 full dlc or go for sims 3 full dlc

IS sims 3 actually a straight UP. Upgradd

4 looks quite a lot better than 3, and the performance is nice. What they SHOULD have done is remastered 3 in that style and not running like total anus AIDS. But that wouldn't make them as many trillions of dirty housewife dollars.

based

Attached: sims waifu.jpg (712x719, 39K)

I still remember being too initially retarded to figure out how to rotate chairs.

You wont be able to run Sims 3 with all the expansions.

There are different features, though 3 is the best example in this case since it adds Open World which is huge and fun as fuck - this means your sim can go out of his home and literally walk all over the entire fucking map or visit other houses and buildings without a loading screen, or just zoom on the other side of the fucking map and see what's going on there on real time
It also has the most content.
Unfortunately the open world was implemented badly so it can be suttery and laggy on many configs without ssd, and since 4 had a shift in audience to teenage girls with low end laptops they dropped it and went for worse than TS2 worlds

Sims 3 is the best sims in pretty much every regard.

>cuck every male sim in the game
absolute based

Attached: Cat_is_A-OK-0.jpg (398x428, 25K)

You can try to run Sims 3 with all DLC, but some of them destroy the game entirely, making it stutter regardless of your pc, adding to save bloat and a bunch of other performance problems.
Mainly the Island dlc and Pets tho, those are the worst offenders.

So Sims 4 is still worse than TS2?

You can mitigate a lot of the stuttering by using a frame limiter on the game. It seems TS3 doesn't have any frame limiting on it by default, so your GPU is drawing thousands of useless frames all the time. I guess forcing vsync in your GPU settings for it might work too. Bandicam or rivatuner work well.

>mod game so there's a go around having kids until a male gets born
>raise that male and switch to it
>repeat the cycle
I just wish the random clothes didn't make most of the females look dumb as fuck.

>never had sex with another dude
>thinks it's gay

Hot take

I remember making a room in Sims 1, filling it with cheapest and biggest rugs, inviting a party, placing a single fireworks inside, removing doors and waiting until somebody lights the fireworks. Then you had about 10 gravestones to sell and turn profit.

>Be 13
>Playing Sims 2
>Read erotica with a chick called Baker in it that I found particularly hot
>Make a character modeled after my crush at the time which came out surprisingly accurate

Attached: 1522206733975.png (1150x900, 529K)

nice

is it actually the sims 1 + multiplayer or just the cut down sims online?

>not posting the based song

youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM

Attached: 1367441758509.jpg (600x609, 18K)

>he deliberately goes into a thread about a game he doesn't like and despite never playing it, thinks his opinion means anything.

lmao

God, TS4 just doesn't capture the magic I want.
But I can't go back to TS3 any more. The frustrating stuttering and freezing and bugs, even with NRAAS mods and the like, and the ugly as fuck graphics and sims... Just can't do it.

Attached: 03-09-19_10-29-38 PM.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

>tfw pirating the sims 4 right now with all the expansion packs

If you actually pay for the Sims 4 and it's expansions you're retarded.

Attached: ahfuckwhatthefuckidroppedit.gif (359x200, 3.85M)

It's a more advanced the sims online

sometimes I would click buildmode just to get the song going then go to buy mode

Why were the console games so great?

THUGGA

8/8

Can you just play with friends? I don't wanna play it with randoms and my friend loves the sims 1

you can just set it to friends only you anti social retard

You can get them on games4theworld

so it doesn't have like a full feature list like the sims 1 with all the expansions?

>even with NRAAS mods and the like

Nraas mods don't reduce the load in Sims 3, they increase it.

Who are you people that are still whining about performance problems for Sims 3 anyway? My computer from 2013 was running it with all but two DLC fine. No major performance issues. No stuttering. Most of the performance issues with the game don't come from the game itself, they come from poorly made worlds with constant routing failures. Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso are the worst offenders. Isla Paradiso is so bad it's basically unusable. But if you are running Sunset Valley or Twinbrook or something with all the DLC you really shouldn't be having any performance problems on a modern PC. You should even be able to dump a bunch of performance intensive nraas mods in there and still not have performance issues. All that leaves is the load times which are solved with an SSD.

how to get cassandra gf

>boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Attached: cameron-poe.jpg (1172x818, 456K)

:(

youtube.com/watch?v=TKFUIlfQ0Js&index=23&list=RDU86t4CdKnsE

Is there any possible way to run The Sims 3 and all expansions without it being a slow loading mess?

Attached: 1550754813310.jpg (251x251, 19K)

Yes. It's called an SSD.

Even on good worlds, even on a good computer, it still likes to fucking stutter. Its not an FPS lag, or a performance issue. Shit just straight up freezes, clock freezes, shit gets wonky as fuck. And it doesn't take long for a save to just die because it can't handle the stress of its own file size, even with cache deletion and the like.

And even beyond that, going back to no multitasking, having to watch dogs spend 4 hours walking backwards around the house so they can interact with their owner, weird animations and potato faces, ugly as fuck outdoor lighting, etc, cannot do it my man.

If you work for NASA, sure.

No. That's why they ditched the large open areas for TS4.

>Even on good worlds, even on a good computer, it still likes to fucking stutter
On my mediocre PC it doesn't stutter at all. I don't know what to say.
>Shit just straight up freezes, clock freezes, shit gets wonky as fuck.
This is CPU bound shit. Are you multitasking the game with netflix and a browser and then wandering why you are having performance issues or something?
>And it doesn't take long for a save to just die because it can't handle the stress of its own file size, even with cache deletion and the like.
I don't know what your definition of "doesn't take long is" but generally speaking you should be getting several dozen generations, hundreds of hours on a save, before you start having issues.

I'm not going to say Sims 3 is flawless but modern hardware can handle it easily. The issue today is not performance, it's all the bugs in the game. It is strange to me that people really go after Sims 3 and make out as if none of this was an issue for Sims 2. Sims 2 absolutely had major performance and corruption issues. In fact, I'd say Sims 2 is a lot more prone to save corruption than Sims 3 is. They did a pretty good job of making Sims 3 fault tolerant. When one thing goes wrong somewhere in Sims 3 it generally doesn't nuke your entire neighborhood but that was often what happened in Sims 2.

rosebud

I love this game.

Attached: 53486_front.jpg (640x640, 82K)

'member Chewbacca?