Halo masterchief collection leaked

halo masterchief collection leaked

techradar.com/news/halo-the-master-chief-collection-on-pc-might-have-just-been-leaked-by-microsoft

i never played an halo how are singleplayer and multiplayer?

Attached: 8fa.png (664x793, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xT0Pte5nXAU
youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8
youtube.com/watch?v=rmOzAE-CbLY
account.xbox.com/en-us/clubs/profile?clubid=3379873800288581
youtube.com/watch?v=fU45j_OzSn4
halopedia.org/Halo_Chess
youtu.be/0YK3SqnSemo
youtu.be/hnrW3ROsdt4
youtube.com/watch?v=Jl3kOPLK9yI
youtube.com/watch?v=lLGhPGUDzqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fun as shit

the best game you will ever play

Attached: 1435081393020.png (800x750, 403K)

It's ridiculously fun to watch an enemies shields expand and explode as you light them up. Gameplay is something that I wish more shooters would adopt. Campaign has some great dialogue and kino moments too. If you decide to get MCC, start off with halo 3's campaign.

>Microsoft seemingly spoiling its own surprise by listing the collection of remastered Halo games on the official Microsoft Store as a Surface Hub title.
>Microsoft Store

Attached: 1547352812970.jpg (500x557, 42K)

based

I'm the one retard that never cared much for Halo's MP. Singleplayer is fun and well-crafted. The mainline games are great and do everything that they set out to do just right.
Halo's out-of-game lore and other media are also really great, mostly.

Both are very hit and miss but the hits vastly outweigh the misses.

I hope this means full H5 as well.

>mostly
You're right about that. I'm still fucking mad someone decided to kill off the Rookie in a shit way in their stupid book. Lore like this I retcon.

literally baby's first fps

Why would anyone want that garbage?

why do you want the most hated game?

nigga i recognize that image and filename from dewrito threads, you ain't fooling me

wasn't there a halo collection released by 343 or whoever that was utterly broken and got a bit of backlash?

How soon do you think it'll be released though?

I ignore most of the stuff starting from Halo 4. To me it's just fanfic, but sometimes it's a good fanfic. The Bungie era stuff are all fucking great.

The single player in the games hold up extremely well with a lot of replay value and challenge. This is to be expected because this is when games were still expected to be held up by their single player content. Each of the main halo games developed its own multiplayer scene, they are slower paced arena shooters. Not nearly as demanding as Quake or Unreal, but movement, aim and reaction times are important mechanical skills. Being a arena shooter map control is vital, controlling weapon and upgrade spawn is how you win games. On large levels you can play with vehicles and they add a level of dynamism you don't really see that much today. There is a large variety of vehicles all balanced in unique ways, fast and fragile warthogs to slow and powerful tanks, to flying through the air in a banshee and ramming people on the ground.

Its amazing how halo somehow became the flag bearer for these weird old designs trends.

Single player is of varying quality. The games popularized regenerating shields/health and much tighter weapon limits at the time, but they still somewhat retained some Arena FPS-esque elements for multiplayer before CoD4 stole Halo's thunder and went in with loadouts and gear treadmills.

G L O W I N G shill

*ahem*
Fuck quakefags and fuck 343iggers

Attached: chief.png (211x573, 112K)

Look at this obvious bot shit:

All lower caps to appear "relateable" (aka retarded)
Calling it fun or best without saying WHAT's fun or best, because advertisers aren't allowed to make any claims about the product that could potentially be false.
One-word "based" reply, despite nobody hating niggers, jannies or anime.

Could be a shadow drop. Although now it would be more of a "shadow" drop. The sooner the better though, with infinite on its way.

laff no the game isnt even all that interesting worth one play through max

Is this Windows 10 exclusive?

>Is this Windows 10 exclusive?
I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything else.

yup.
I just hope it isn't april update exclusive because my LTSC install won't work

Bah. Fuckers finally got me.

Attached: Ser Onion.gif (500x500, 988K)

>three-four-thriggers

Attached: bebby.png (358x297, 235K)

BASED CAPTAIN KING

based

Halo CE was boring and unappealing if you played fps before

Halo is almost 20 years old now famalam

What's the fastest way to rank up/gain CR in Reach?

Why would you ever want to play this on PC? PC has literally hundreds of FPS that are better than Halo

yeah but I want to play halo

on 360 if you never went online you would get a fuck ton of CR just from firefight, but as soon as you go online you get jack shit and need to farm mp for credits.

/thread

Does campaign have cross play?

why can't I enjoy halo and other shit?

Attached: 1459293707747.png (550x528, 22K)

Desu there aren't other PC sci-fi multiplayer games with vehicular combat and customizability ala Halo.

There's only 2 good levels in the campaign, the kamino rip off planet and the elite homeworld, not worth it, stick with the mp only.

>windows store

Attached: received_1811073668949946.jpg (940x1024, 40K)

I never got around to 3, 4, Reach, etc. When this hits, what's the one that will have the highest playercount?

Attached: me.jpg (580x580, 60K)

Challenges.

The only way this is good is if it has both halo 5 and halo reach. Otherwise they're just shoveling their spaghetti coded mess onto PC to get some more money. Halo 4's multiplayer was so shit it died in 2 weeks, it CAN'T be the newest halo game on there

why do they keep releasing things on their store. I have not bought a single thing on it ever.

Because a company as large as Microsoft being subordinate to Epic or Steam just doesn't look good at all. Besides, people WILL buy this.

The same reason EA does it, because there's people alive right now who never knew the world where steam was it

>windows 10

for normal multiplayer, definitely 3
for custom lobbies I'd guess it's a toss up between reach and 3.

>custom lobbies
Definitely 3, they removed half the game modes until 5, and by 5 most of the custom game community was dead

Both garbage

Who the fuck gives a shit about the second trilogy

I care about MCC because I haven't played Halo 3 in 11 years and want to Finish the Fight™ again

Was there actually anything in 3 that couldn't be done in reach? I thought people were just interested in playing different mini games so we didn't always get h3 games ported to reach and 4.

Wait didn't they already make a collection a few years back?

it's coming to PC

I'm just thinking of the value factor. I'd pay $100 for H3A on PC. (if bullet magnetism was removed)
Like I said, half the custom games options were removed in halo reach, and then they removed even more in halo 4.

Oh. I thought it was already on pc whoops

Is Halo back?
youtu.be/xT0Pte5nXAU

Attached: 1547518812666.jpg (1920x1920, 458K)

yeah, i'm thinking it's back.

>i never played an halo how are singleplayer and multiplayer?

The Halo community is pretty damn fractured and everybody has their own opinions, but I'll give you my attempt at an unbiased take on each game's single player

>CE/Halo 1
Campaign is solid, but shows it's age. The story is pretty minimalistic, but sort of works in the context of it being you stranded on an alien world. Has a pretty strong sense of atmosphere as a result of that, the eeriness of forerunner ruins, and the sound's tendancy to switch from more orchestral tracks to synth for those spaces. There's not a ton of enemy or weapon variety, and the envoirments can get pretty samey due to asset re-use, with interior spaces all feeling like sterile, e,pty copy pasted rooms and hallways (though it can enhance the atmosphere), and outdoor spaces feeling sort of barren, but it's still fun and Halo having some of the best AI in the genre on higher difficulties helps, as does how unique each weapon feels

MP is arguably the best in the series for competitive play: Each weapon being as unique as it is means that each has a role, the magnum has a very high skill ceiling (but is a bit overcentralizing with how good it can be, an issue the series will continue to struggle with where the primary precision weapon is just so versatile and useful, but it's less a problem here due to the aforementioned uniqueness of each weapon. Map design is nice and vertical, and you can manipulate the spawn system with map control to force plauyers to spawn in certain places.

I'll defend H5's MP but the campaign is really not worth bothering with outside of like 1-2 missions, so I don't much see the point when the MP and forge is already on PC

3, without question. It's the most popular and beloved game in the series. I persobnally think it's a bit overrated, but it does just ooze the charm and tone of what makes Halo Halo.

One of the worst FPS series ever made, to be quite honest with you all. They we the beginning of the Dark Ages, at the beginning of the Console Wars, when the Rebel PCs were defeated by the Microsoft Corporate Empire.

>I can't believe Halo's dead
>...Were it so easy.

Attached: MGS2.jpg (325x231, 11K)

Because nobody played those game modes. People just play Infection in custom games.

>never had xbox so never touched a single one
do they hold up? I like single player fps

Attached: 1526061643883.gif (300x276, 190K)

Will reach and odst just die on the 360?

odst is part of MCC as $5 DLC

cont:

>Halo 2
My personal favorite campaign in the series. Unquestionably has the best written story in the series: it started the trend of having more cinematic cutscenes with actual cinematography and direction, and has an actual full fleshed out narrative with a cast of characters, some of which actually undero chararcter development, and multiple intersecting plot threads. The actual; dialog writing here too is fantastic. There's more weapon and enemy variety, which helps things feeling fresh combined with the levels being a lot more visually and geometrically varied, with indivual rooms in the same buildings now being distinct and more variation in the density and layouts of outdoor spaces, which offsets it being more linear and a higher emphasis on setpieces. Soundtrack is more of a mix of piano and somber tracks and wild electric guitars, and while Halo in general has fantastic music, this is one of the best OST's in the franchise.

In terms of core gameplay and the multiplayer, the game is a bit faster and tighter. Aiming and movement feels more responsive. There's a higher emphasis on close quarter MP maps, but there's still a high amount of verticality and still plenty of large scale ones too. The introduction of duel wielding sort of fucks with weapon balance, with much of the sandbox being nerfed so the mechanic can work, which, combined with the BR's sheer versatility and the amount of exploits it has, leads to the BR just being the best gun in the game no questions asked, to the point where there's not much use in picking anything else other then power weapons. The game in general is also a bit jank and buggy due to it's rushed development, but leads to fun stuff like breaking out of bounds in maps. There's now more modular options for making your own rulsets in MP as well.

Fuck off with this meme. Quake, Doom, UT had titles come out not just after Halo but Halo 2 as well. CoD4 is what ruined FPS's

CoD4 was way better than Halo

And REACH ? where's the whole gang

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about because there used to be a hundred different ways you could customize even infection game modes. But all of that was removed in Halo Reach and Halo 4

>CoD4 was way better than Halo
pic related

no word of reach so far, but some people are saying they might announce something about it during tomorrow's announcement or maybe E3.

Attached: 1522113885428.gif (639x720, 439K)

If it means getting Halo 3 on PC then I dont see a problem

Oh course a cartoon little girl would prefer the cartoon baby halo game. Pic related indeed.

I don't recall. Never played Halo 4.

Your so dumb haha

Yeah and it is good in co op too also the flood is great when you encounter them

yeah microsoft store is shite but first party microsoft games run like a fucking dream. I can get solid 100+fps on ultra with a 1080 and an i5 5600 in both gears of war 4 and forza horizon 4.

The first thing you will notice about Halo when first playing is how fucking smooth it is. From pistol flipping to turning to jumping (okay jumpings a bit floaty) to aiming to reloading, it's the perfect fucking balance between over-animated Rockstar Garbage and pure-gameplay Atari junk.

halo campaigns are fun to coop. 3 and 4 allow up to four players, so good times running around as spartans fuckin' shit up.

could be the nostalgia talking, I started playing the first halo when I was 12 and loved it.

CoD4 is a much easier game to play than any Halo game, even the Halo games that play like CoD

>types long essays
>responds to everyone in the thread
Is it autism?

>gears of war
>forza

Attached: 1545687764.gif (320x205, 2.38M)

Attached: 1550792880549.gif (265x257, 1.78M)

>3/6
Sweet Jesus

forza is currently the best general racing game on the market. and gears of war is fun, not amazing, but fun, gears 4 is on gamepass so might as well.

I'd be buying it for the campaigns, I'm not going to recapture the original experience I had with the online at this point

cont:

>Halo 3
Probably the most "consistent" Halo game, and the one that I think most encapsulates what people love about Halo. In contrast to CE and especially 2, the tone of the game feels like it's more focusing on the arcadey, fun elements, rather then their more atmospheric or somber/gritty parts. The story, while still more complex then CE's, sort of is more of a generic action movie plot compared to 2's more fleshed out and complex narrative. The missions likewise feel sort of an in between of CE and 2's: They are less linear and dense then 2's are, but they still don't feel as huge and empty as a lot of CE's outdoor spaces do, which strikes a nice balance I think for a lot of fans. There's obviously more guns and enemies, but a lot of the weapon sandbox feels samey, with many being clones of each other just for different factions; and Brutes as the main enemy type rather then elites is sort of a downgrade. CE and 2 both had their fair share of tedoious, frustrating missions, but 3 rarely dips below a "alright", but it's also got less highs then 2 does, at least IMO Music is more purely orchestral.

The MP is a bit slower and floatier then 2, and guns are often less accurate, which can be frustrating. The maps have a less emphasis on verticality, which is a shame, and feel more sretched out. On the other hand, is just Halo in it's purest form. There's something you just can't put your finger on that makes 3 feel special and fun even if on paper it;s more flawed then some of the other game. There's even more game modes and options, and there's a (*admittedly very clunky and limited) map editor, as well as a freecam theater mode.

3/6

Yeah fuck me for actually putting effort into answering OP's questions and contributing to the thread amirite

Attached: 1539639463410.png (694x1234, 1.76M)

Will it had Reach?
always wanted to play that one

Attached: 1552265968541m.jpg (684x1024, 88K)

>gears of war
>forza
>bad

Attached: 1506272261150.jpg (1600x1177, 135K)

If you need windows 10 what's the point? I am not getting that trash just to play gaylo

you can play 1 and 2 on pc
they were pretty good

Gears of war is so shit I recognized it was shit in the first 5 minutes of playing it. That's pretty rare

>SLOW ASS HITSCAN CONSOLE SHOOTER, OPEN BIG MAPS, MOUSE AND KEYBOARD
utter gay vomit
This will suck cock

SP Legendary or busy, baybee.

Attached: 1552256606150.jpg (394x421, 22K)

I got an Xbox for the first time when red dead 2 came out. Played this collection with a friend last month and had a really good time. 2 is the best one, but none of them are bad.

it's cool if you don't like gears, but the game is fun to play and looks really good.

>CoD4 was way better than Halo

Attached: 1510689460426m.jpg (1024x500, 31K)

I mean it has the best MP since 1. Story was fine, I'm going to assume you're one of those people who get mad about shotguns.

It's /hg/ bestest Anonymous, truly a real human bean

Find a challenge that's doable solo in campaign of firefight. Something like get 100 kills in campaign. At 99 kills, kill the last enemy, making the challenge complete, then pause and unplug Ethernet. Wait a few seconds. Reconnect and you're got the credits, you're somewhere close to the challenge almost being completed again, and you can rinse and repeat.

nah probably just a contrarian who sees it and goes
>muh brown, muh cover shooter
and ignores it completely.

no fucking shit its going to be Windows Store only.

Did you seriously expect it to be on steam?

Gears of war as "cool" when you're 15 and they're playing mad world in the trailer. They never lived up to that

youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8

Attached: bir-d013700r.jpg (1050x698, 149K)

except when they played the instrumental when dom died and you shed manly tears unless you're an emotionless fag. anyway this isn't a gears thread. the best halo campaign is halo 2 OP

Halo reach removed options and completely broke infection.

What did he mean by this?

Attached: MCConPC.jpg (1444x974, 180K)

It's one of the best vydia series ever made.

Attached: ODST rain.gif (624x351, 969K)

Cont:

>ODST
Sort of a glorified, stand-alone expansion pack to Halo 3 built on the same engine, but ODST is a very different game. You play as an ODST, basically a futuristic spec ops parachuter that comes down in metal drop pods rather then in parachutes; so you are a normal human rather then a augmented supersoldier. You are weaker, slower, and in general more vulnerable then in past games, and health packs/non regen health comes back from CE. The campaign is nonlinear, with an overworld in an abandoned half destroyed city at night time, needing to expolre around and avoid covenant patrols, and finding clues of what happened brings you into flashbacks for other memebers of your squad who you lost contact with which act as the linear missions.

Said missions are all pretty solid, i'd say above average, but none are truly fantastic or excellent, and there's a spark of fun that's sort of lacking relative to 3 or 2, but the somberness of the game's tone makes up for it. The story is pretty good. There's a higher emphasis on a particular cast of characters, who get to interact, and there's abigger emphasis on trying to do things with creative framing and direction. The writing isn't as great as 2, but it's a big step up from 3. The game is INCREDIBLY atmospheric, with heavy noire elements and sprinklings of cyberpunk. Playing ODST at night, or of a rainy, dreary day alone is an expierence. Has easily the best soundtrack in the series, if not gaming as a whole, with jazzy and noire influences.

ODST has no traditional multiplayer, and instead a horde mode called firefight. Pretty fun, but tough

4/6

>tfw Master Chief Collection is already free on Xbox Game Pass which I already have
>tfw can just download the game and start playing for free when it releases tomorrow, no need to pay 60 bucks to play it

God I can't fucking wait. Microsoft's game pass is seriously the best thing they've ever done

Attached: 1b9.jpg (640x539, 44K)

Hopefully never so we don't have spics and stupid reach children choosing the worst maps and modes. Already struggles with halo 4 being chosen a lot.

I'd like to know what those options were. All I remember is the addition of classes and armor abilities which was a good thing.

and speaking of your image, the best instrumental soundtrack in any video games series (up to reach, 4 and 5 kinda were meh)

>mfw you just realized Tencent, the left arm of the Communist Chinese Party made you cry those tears
>gears of war 3

Attached: 15876654356.gif (280x199, 220K)

Normally how it went when gears was popular "I tried it and it was bad" aka they tried to Lancer someone and got memed on by Cole train whoooing and wall bouncing at em lol

>4/6
No more

3, even TMCC in the Xbone all that people play there is 3.

Does this mean it's on the Switch? Also what's happening with that, is Microsoft going to make a GPU Dock for the Switch or someshit?

gamepass is literally the only reason 95% of people ever played crackdown 3

You couldn't edit the speed, hp, or weapons of every single person in the game among many many other things.

They teased us with Halo wars on steam. I fucking wish. I would buy MCC twice if they at least made it a timed exclusive

Some pretty low quality bait my dude you gotta go with halo 4 adding loadouts and kill streaks and say that's a positive. There's enough spics who actually believe what you said.

It's happening

Attached: 1552348165141.png (1101x347, 392K)

Microsoft isn’t bowing down to some 3rd party market. They would rather just spend the money making their marketplace better.
Expect the Windows store to be largely improved as early as October

unfortunately i think there's no way it releases tomorrow. probably june at the earliest.

Game modes with zombies with one life wouldn't end when the zombie died on launch. So rip predator, ice cream man, fat kid etc

I remember setting those options, so I don't know what you're talking about.

classes and abilities are fun additions for custom games.

Can’t wait to dab on all these spartan-iggers in this thread on mcc again.

Attached: 4DD0A5A5-7F64-4092-8822-24BA97AF7D60.jpg (640x985, 96K)

Just like Crackdown 1 with the HaaH 3 beta.
Crackdown 2 with 4 players was bretty fun

I hope this game has crossplay, I wouldn't want to buy it a 2nd time to play it with friends, unless it's selling cheap.

Attached: Mfw 11.jpg (291x294, 35K)

Oh my mistake I meant CoD4 IS better than Halo.

but shotgun beats sword

Definitly, ODST has the best music and campaign In my opinion.

kek pop

I must've played shortly after because those weren't broken.

Here's the first thing I found when I googled it.

>In their current state, custom game settings are severely lacking. This has been a trend since Halo 3, where each new Halo game would have less and less settings.

>Reach removed a lot of scoring settings from Halo 3 such as score for elimination and alpha zombie settings.

>Halo 4 removed the option to give zombies weapons all together and the ability to end the round if the alpha zombie is killed with only one life.

>Halo 5 seems to have more options cut than ever before. No ability to edit player's access to vehicles or set indestructible vehicles. Little to no scoring options past Kills and Suicides. Literally no infection. No option to set no secondary weapon, or have a random weapon as either primary or secondary. No option to set number of player lives per round other than "1" or "Unlimited".

>Sure, 343 can and likely will add more options in the future. But the removal of the aforementioned custom games settings is such a huge oversight and honestly a slap in the face to the custom games community that I am worried about the future of customs in Halo 5. Forge will be a big help, but will major settings really be added? Some gametypes like Monster Trucks are impossible without indestructible vehicles. Husky Raid impossible without random weapons. Drive or Die impossible without Infection!

>Please, 343, focus on what will really drive the longevity of this game: Custom Games.

I mean they were. Next you're going to tell me that the game had loads of maps on launch and not terrible forge world recreations that weren't scale and everyone was excited when 343 came in and fixed them.

>scoring
Who gives a fuck about their score at the end of infection?

It wasn't just scoring you DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

Why is there a kid/Mexican unironically shilling reach customs. Literally everyone was disappointed with the removal of options.
Yeah ignore alpha zombie settings spic. Let's not even talk about launch zombies Playlist being terrible remake maps with zombies with full shields.

Yes. This very game.

They fucked a lot of things up but the only thing that mattered was they fucked Alpha zombies up so that they couldn't be different than regular zombies (meaning they killed fat kid, the most popular halo 3 custom game)

cont:

>Reach
Reach isn't in MCC, but in case it gets added, I'll go over it Reach has a gritter, more grounded tone and aeshetic compared to the other halo games (though not as somber as ODST) since the fact that Reach falls to a Covenant invasion (this is a prequel) was already established. Story wise it continues the trends ODST had, with an emphasis on a squad of characters and how they interact, an increased focus on interesting cinematraphy and direction in cutscenes, as well. The missions have tons of really large, open levels and less linearity, though ironically your objective is usuallky more explictly "go to X place". Like ODST, I think most missions are consistently above average, but with lower highs; and likewise is missing something that makes it less exciting then it should be on paper, but it';s still good. There's more enemy and weapon variety then ever, and it has the best enemy AI in the series. Soundtrack sadly, the weakest of the bungie games.

For MP, Reach introduces something called armor abilities, which are an evolution of 3's equipment (something I forgot to go over, but basically pickups with utility functioins, like radar jammers, a shield regen field, etc), but unlike equipment, are selectable when you spawn, breaking Halo's tradition of having even starts. The maps are also the worst in the series. On the flip side, the weapon sandbox, despite being huge, avoids feeling samey, with even "clone" guns between factions feeling relatively unique and almost all are effective due to no duel wielding, vs in 2 and 3 many being bad. The game also has a fucking metric shitloads of content in general: Forge is massively improved, firefight from ODST comes back (though less tense and more arcadey in nature), the amount of custom game settings and modular options is through the roof, etc. Arguably one of the most densely packed content loaded console FPS suiites ever released.

5/6

Attached: 1352641780255.png (500x405, 344K)

Then what was it? Because there are plenty of alpha zombie gametypes.

t. insecure Mexican

It's over boys, it's done.
It's confirmed.

Attached: halo.png (1041x488, 55K)

Everyone knows about Halo 5 Forge you retard. Have your (You)

I have like a key site copy of Win 10. Will I even be able to get this? It's like not letting me sign up for XBL lel.

So just to ruin this for everyone, the digital edition includes an episode of Halo nightfall, which works on surface. Surface isn't listed on the regular edition.

Attached: 1551653583406.jpg (702x525, 43K)

will he buy dat pizza?

>unironically playing zombie matchmaking

Yikes!

I have pirated windows (KMSpico) and I played gears 4(it was boring) and sea of thieves with friends on also pirated windows on the free trial for game pass so probably

nice

Attached: larry_david.jpg (480x480, 37K)

>responding to the obvious baiter
Stop responding to him, you dumb nigs.

the madman

Halo 5 is fucking ass

Cont

>Halo 4
First Halo game by 343i rather then bungie. Continues where Halo 3 left off. It's sort of a spirtual successor to CE, in that like it you crash land on an alien world, have to explore, there's a strong sense of atmosphere (actually the second best in the series after ODST, IMO), synth vs orchestral tracks for ruins vs outdoors, etc. Unforantely, a lot of it's story choices undermine what could have been a really solid setup, with annoying, obnoxious human characters. There's an attempt to try to humanize master cheif and flesh out his relationship with his AI cortana and tell an emotional story, but to a lot of people it comes off as cringy. Your mileage may vary. Mission design feels like a more modern CE, with many of it's strengths and also flaws (but not as flawed as in CE), which in theory could make it a better campaign then CE, but the story and the worse enemy AI in the series unfdermine that, and the new enemyt faction, while having some neat ideas, isn't executed that greatly.

MP is, quite frankly, an attempt to emulate Call of Duty. There's now a full loadout system, with selectable weapons, grenades, and perks on spawn, with less of am emphasis on map control and pickups. There's also a peduso killstreak system. If it were a specifcifc mode this would be fine, but it's instead the default, which is a bad thing. On the bright side, map design is pretty solid, though stretched out to accomdate sprint being a permamant addition. Weapon sandbox is decent: it's big like Reach, and most of the guns function and preform well, but they feel samey again like in Halo 3. Forge is a step down from Reach as well.

6/6

IMO
2 > ODST > 3 = Reach > CE > 4.
5 obviously isn't in MCC

Reach and 5 did remove a few specific options for customs, but both added way more then it removed.

>Oddball wasn't in the game at release, killing the oddball fanbase
>Assault had no customizable options
>I'm pretty sure kind of the hill was missing most of its features
>Territories were gone
>Juggernaut was gone
>VIP was gone
>And infection was a shell of its former self
There, you happy?

name one that feels anything like halo.

hell halo is the only reason other than a 4k blu ray player that keeps me hanging onto any xbox instead of just playing on my 1600$ pc.\

yea there are lots of great fps games but none are like halo so none will ever fill that niche for me

Sorry someone posted this in another thread, I thought 343 updated Halo 5 to have no sprint.

>oddball fanbase
That existed?

FUCK YOU

honestly fuck the modern halo fanbase period.

HURR SLAYER ONLY OBJECTIVE MAKE BRAIN HURT

seriously fuck me i get sad everytime because i have to search for a year and a half in mcc to get objective and then half the time people dont play the objective anyways

It's had that since release. But no one turns it off when setting up a game.

Damn

Hell yeah dude, I wasn't one of them but people went bananas for that shit.

I just remembered. Bungie removed a lot of the game modes and then drip fed them into social playlists WAAAAY after release and would say shit like "Giving back to the community, Grifball"

Attached: 158968767857.gif (435x250, 1.8M)

So nothings changed then? People have been playing capture the slayer since Halo PC and Halo 2 on xbox live.

I hate everything that isn't CTF, Assault, or Infection(custom games only).

youtube.com/watch?v=rmOzAE-CbLY

And bungie killed it

back in halo 2 if you were at bare minumum level 25 people would actually play the objective and have mics. things changed for the worst when they implemented xbox party chat

For as much shit as 4 rightfully gets, how it handled it's score system was a fantastic idea and really encouraged people to play the objective

basically, rather then the scoreboard only showing points players scoered that directly conributed to winning the game, like kills in slayer or bomb detonations, it also factored in points from stuff like medals into what was displayed by each player, so rather then "score' it was "points"

It didn';t actually change who won, you could get a fuck ton of medals and be at the top of the scoreboard and still lose if you didn't hit 50 kills first in slayer or whatever, but it meant that players were rewarded on the scoreboard for playing the objective, defending the flag, etc since those actions gave you points

Grifball is for brainlets.

i honestly hated that, but i do feel like if on the score popup if it had a section for assists/kills/objective that would help

Whether you liked it or not, bungie never forsaw the community backlash they received after removing it.

Why does it have such a good fucking aesthetic? No game should have the right to have such a good art direction.

Attached: 1516423586111.jpg (1600x2500, 2.5M)

What is the Halo General Xbox Club so I know where to join for when customs get posted?

here

account.xbox.com/en-us/clubs/profile?clubid=3379873800288581

They were the best fps games in their day. Quake had already finished, and UT’s swansong was 04.

i always get shit for this but odst is one of my favorite halo games period for its campaign and atmosphere. i also feel like it was well worth the 60$ i paid at launch

>Be me
>Play Lone Wolf
>Rank 49
> Won 2 games in a row
>Third match turns up
>Intense.
>WIN
> No 50 rank
>The FUCK
>Go for the fourth game
>BR Guardian
>Gets vetoed
>Who the fuck are these retards???
>Oddball on Epitaph
God, I fucking HATE people who enjoy Oddball.

thanks

ffa oddball is the shit tho.

so many fucking ball kills so little time

Reminder that Halo Reach had a chess gametype

youtube.com/watch?v=fU45j_OzSn4
halopedia.org/Halo_Chess

Attached: sasdsda.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

I'd have to agree, sure it feels like a reskin because I can still charge into battle like a spartan despite being an ODST, but god damn everything about that game tickles me in the right way.

Sorry I meant grifball, but oddball was also removed

How did they do this anyways? This was way before mythic slayer was a thing. Was it an official bungie made game mode?

>modded gametypes count

it was actually a community mod that bungie ended up allowing probably because it was cool as fuck

Wow imagine if we had modding ability in MCC PC instead of it being a piece of shit on Windows store.

are you implying windows store titles cant be modded?

because they can, its just harder and most modders are worthless pieces of shit

community multiplayer mods supported by the developer aren't your average run of the mill skyrim mod

>EMPing your own teammates on Bloodline

Attached: 20190307_213840.jpg (640x480, 67K)

It's not modded, it was officially released by bungie

It wasn't a mod, Bungie litterally showed the mode off in an april fools vid before the game launched, before deciding to release it officially post-launch

It would be better if it was a community mod because it was broken as fuck with 0 support after release. Hell the game was dead by 2011 anyway.

Attached: 15765854746.gif (500x362, 382K)

youtu.be/0YK3SqnSemo

youtu.be/hnrW3ROsdt4

what the fuck

I can't believe it took these faggots this long to put it on PC

>Halo Reach has flyable seraphs, pelicans and longswords but didn't use them
youtube.com/watch?v=Jl3kOPLK9yI

You could fly a Pelican via an easter egg.

>easter egg
You think they did that just for an easter egg?

It's bungie, there are a lot of good easter eggs.
Taking the code for banshees, adjusting acceleration and speed variables and then applying them to the animations that they already developed for them sounds doable.

>there are a lot of good easter eggs.
Not on the scale of two flyable vehicles that people had been asking for for years

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=lLGhPGUDzqc

>windows 10 exclusive
I don’t give a fuck about a PC release in that case. I want them to put fucking Reach in the goddamn game.

It would be quite the middle finger to their player base when most people that'd buy the game would have been on windows 98/00/XP

We better have a constant Yea Forums server.
I miss you /hog/

Attached: Sangpepe.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

I have win 10 so I don't care if I have to use windows game store at all. It will be worth it, just to play halo with MKB again. I hope MCC is like $20-$30 because if they try to jew us with an years-old release that was broken at launch and for many months or even years was total shit they can get fucked with a cactus

I’m not using that piece of shit store. If they want to release it on Steam, fine, but the Windows 10 store is a fucking abomination

I used it for crackdown 3 and didn't have any problems with it. What's wrong with it other than it's not steam?

>first release on PC in 12 years
>not going to be full price
Keep in mind Halo Infinite is supposed to have mobile and computer interconnectivity as a way for people to always be plugged in and I'm betting that's what they're really going to be announcing.

Microsoft, EA, and Tencent are leagues worse than Valve?

>server
MCC doesn't work that way

What games are included in the collection?

We will just use /hg/ since now it's MCC unlike Halo Online which was a seperate thing. I'm already in their club and it seems fine. I just want people to play Classic Halo with. It doesn't matter what platform they're on if they're all from Yea Forums.

MCC has the following
>Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
The CEA campaign ported from Xbox 369 and optimized to run in 60fps
All 13 original xbox maps plus 6 PC exclusive maps from the gearbox port
>Halo 2 Anniversary
The infamous Halo 2 Vista given an anniversary graphics and soundtrack overlay, although you can still play with original visuals/sound if you want.
All 23 Halo 2 Multiplayer maps plus 2 formerly exclusive to Windows Vista
New cutscenes made by Blur studios
7 maps made with a modified halo 4 engine to create Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer
Halo 2 Anniversary Forge
>Halo 3
The full campaign and all 23 multiplayer maps, all modified to run at 60 fps
Halo 3 Forge
>Halo 3: ODST
The full ODST campaign updated to run at 60fps (does NOT include firefight)
>Halo 4
The full Halo 4 campaign and all 27 multiplayer maps updated to run at 60fps
Halo 4 Forge

Halo CEA, 2, and 4 also have new terminal lore videos.

>rumored to be coming up
1. Windows 10 Release
2. Custom Game Browser
3. Halo Reach Support
4. ODST Firefight support
5. Halo: Custom Edition map and modding support

>Halo CEA, 2, and 4 also have new terminal lore videos.

Attached: 1541632560212.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

looking forward to playing with you PCbros

Looking forward to decimating you with no mercy with my mouse, even in custom games.
Me too buddy

>server

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA /hog/ is never coming back

Based and gruntpilled

Why don't more people realize this is what the announcement is about?