Can we have a comfy greentext story thread about Toys R Us (or other nostalgic vidya-related things)?

Can we have a comfy greentext story thread about Toys R Us (or other nostalgic vidya-related things)?

Attached: toys-r-us.jpg (618x410, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_47BQTM6MeA
cnbc.com/2018/11/02/geoffreys-toy-box-is-coming-to-kroger-this-holiday-season.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Walk into Media Play
>New anime and videogames weekly
>Check out Shonen Jump and various manga
>Play all of the newest PS2 games on display

>Walk into Toys R' Us
>A new game costs $79.99
>Turn around and walk out

Attached: Media Play.jpg (1113x833, 480K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_47BQTM6MeA

How do you guys feel seeing Early Zoomers taking over and posting childhood nostalgia for the late 00s-early 10s? It feels kinda surreal, because that stuff used to widely be considered the "Downfall into shit era".

Attached: 1530111828325.png (434x327, 32K)

Weekends for me were just a endless cycle of buying pizza then going to blockbuster and renting 64 games (Mostly Tooie).

I'm convinced that Sega's death irreversibly sent videogames on a dark path with the PS2 just being a delayed reaction.

Attached: ba1.jpg (497x732, 141K)

>walk into media play
>smash face on the doors because they are chained shut
fug

Attached: pokeflareonboosterx3.jpg (1800x1140, 355K)

I remember going to rhino videogames before it begame gamestop
I remember going to funcoland. before it became gamestop
I remember babbages before it became...
I remember electronics boutique before....
I remember suncoast...
I remember zany brainy....
I remember FAO Schwarz

Jesus fuck is that the Toys R Us at Van Nuys?

Attached: o.jpg (1000x750, 87K)

Do you guys ever think about the un-opened media out there in the world? There certainly have to be unopened Pokemon Booster Packs, maybe even containing Charizard, or Yu-Gi-Oh! ones, or MTG ones, or still-sealed, brand new old video games...

Somewhere out there...

Attached: 1535252218747.jpg (951x960, 90K)

I remember my local toys r us didn't have any windows either.

>Birthday
>Dad tells me "Son, you are getting a 100$ shopping spree at Toys R Us"
>Holy fuck WHAT are you serious
>It's amazing, total freedom
>Finish up
>Cash out
>Walk past games
>See Link on cover of box, alongside Mario and Pikachu
>Realize I've made a horrible mistake
>Dad says fuck it and buys the game, we just return two of the toys and he adds 25 more for the hell of it.
>Get home
>SUPER... SMAAAAASH.... BROTHERS!!!!
The only thing I still have from that birthday all those years ago.

Otherwise, getting promo cards with my gf for PokeTCG.

kill yourself you worthless consumerist whore

Honestly stores are better off without the windows so long as there properly lighted inside. I used to work retail checkout next to huge window wall and good lord the sun at the wrong time of day was god awful.

>FAO Schwarz
rich kid detected

I remember my older half brother convincing my mom to buy us Smash Bros for N64 when it was brand new because we could play it together. If only she knew how many fights we would have over that game.

>You will never go on a Nickelodeon sponsored "Toy Run" at Toys R' Us.
It hurts.

>Take ticket for Pokémon Red up to the cashier (black)
>Checking out takes forever because he keeps flirting with my mom
>Finally leave, so excited to play Pokémon
>Parents got divorced about a month later
>Grandma bought me Pokémon Blue since I had no friends

My local Toys R Us was a 45 minute drive away and had no windows.
It's a Dollar Tree now.

If you look closely, the pavement has the exact same stains just in front of the pylons by the right door.

>had SMB Deluxe as a kid
>lost it
>a year or two later (still as a kid) go to Toys R Us with family for whatever reason
>see it
>intense nostalgia
>mom buys it for me
>get home
>immediately shut myself up in the closet and play it for who knows how long
At the time my closet was big enough to hold me laying down, it had a light and was comfy as fuck.

Did your Toys R Us become Toy/Halloween City?

Attached: 51LRfXJJUBL.jpg (534x401, 56K)

>I live off of tree bark and found rat carcasses

Fuck Toys R Us
Circuit City was better

>A computer made from scraps of shit in the junkyard and powered by live rats on wheels, tapping into the local coffee shop's wifi

I miss CompUSA...

The Babies R Us next to it became a "Spirit" store in the Fall, nothing since.

>be 8
>local Food Lion gets Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition out of the fucking blue ???
>spend hours and hours for like 2 years playing street fighter 2 every day, mostly vs loud black dudes
>SF2 comes out on SNES
>brother takes me to toys r us to play it
>i stay on the controller for like 45 minutes becuase nobody can beat me
>keep beating people who work at the store, several of them get visibly mad that a small child is beating them
>there are a bunch of black guys gathered around and every time i'm beating someone they're like "OHHHHHH HE WOOPIN YO ASS"

Good times. To this day, I'll never understand why my Food Lion got a fucking street fighter machine, but it clearly made a profit.

Oh, PS: It didn't have the insert on the machine that shows you the special moves. So I learned to dragon punch by doing random things until it worked. You know why kids today can't dragon punch? Because they are trying to press forward, down, forward instead of doing forward, eigthth circle down, down/forward

Spirit is Halloween City, same thing

>Sunday morning
>Walk into store when it opens
>Completely empty
>Music from the game demo stations is blasting
>Get to play while my mom is grocery shopping next door

No its because today's kids don't play fighting games. Smash isn't a fighter.

>be the lead toy distributor in America
>go bankrupt
>end up having to play second fiddle to a supermarket chain
embarrassing
cnbc.com/2018/11/02/geoffreys-toy-box-is-coming-to-kroger-this-holiday-season.html

>go to toys r us to look for some snes games
>every game is $80
>leave

wtf is kroger?

Oh you've done it now. Nostalgia tanks at full blast. Jeez user...
I remember the first time I walked into a CompUSA. It was 1998 or 9. I was just a 6-7 year old kid. It was like entering technology heaven. My dad bought us a $1000 PC (norm at the time). I remember hooking it up and setting it up myself. I remember logging on to Pokemon.com via BlueLight (KMart's free internet service, remember that?) every day before going to school. Magical era.

Attached: nick cage hair flow.gif (300x180, 999K)

Here's a personal one for me:
>4th of July 1997
>turning 10 one month from then
>family is all together having a great time eating barbeque and drinking beer just enjoying the beautiful weather at our house
>uncle comes in drunk and goes "Anony! I'm gonna get you an early birthday present! What do you want?"
>"No way! Seriously? Could I get... an N64?"
>"Sure anony where do we get that let's go"
>drives me to toys r fucking us
>pick out the N64 with one game, Turok Dinosaur Hunter
>shit is stupid fucking expensive for 1997, like $250 for the console and $75 for the game
>so fucking excited and thanking him profusely
>get home and so excited to hook it up
>turns out the system doesn't come with an RF adapter, only composite
>can't hook it up to my TV in my bedroom, need to use the fuck huge TV in my dad's entertainment system
>never hooked anything up to it before let alone with RCA cables
>finally figure out the input selection and flick it on
>that fucking legal page shows up, this is it ITS HAPPENING
>dad walks in, also drunk
>"user WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? I WANTED TO SHOW YOUR GRANDPA THIS UFO DOCUMENTARY! TURN IT OFF!"
>hold back crying and disconnect it, go up to my room and sit there staring at the best console to ever exist, unable to use it
Looking back I was such a fucking greedy brat to ask my uncle to drop that kind of money on me. He definitely wouldn't have done it if he wasn't buzzed up from drinking with my dad. Oh well 22 years ago whatchu gonna do. Thanks uncle John you made my summer that year.

Nigga your house only had one tv? I'm poor af and every room had a tv in it.

To be fair kids these days try DP motions on the shitty dpads controllers have now or analog sticks. Neither are anything close to an arcade stick, SNES controller or Sega Saturn controller.

>In vidya section of Toys R Us
>Playing pic related at the nintendo kiosk
>lady comes up from behind and suddenly puts her arm around me
>asks me what I'm playing
>"uhhhh Mario Baseball?"
>realizes I'm not her son

Attached: mariobaseball.jpg (190x266, 23K)

>take a slip of paper to the register and pay
>have to go to a mysterious counter
>give the slip to an employee
>they disappear into the cave and comes back with your game in pristine condition

Attached: 1527009134300.jpg (500x375, 197K)

Hah. Great story. Did he drive you drunk?
That reminds me of when I first met my uncle. Came from his home country and was kinda of well-off. Offered me to buy a PS2 (when it was brand new at the time) but I persisted on wanting a PS1 with the built-in monitor because it looekd cool.

What a weird decision that was by me. I got the PS1 with 1 game, Spyro 3, and never played it. Dunno why I didn't just go for the PS2. I eventually got one, but yeah, what was my dumb kid self thinking?! (you gotta admit the PsOne with the screen was sick tho)

Attached: avgnwat.jpg (477x331, 35K)

This was the coolest shit. I know the boomers (actual ones) of today talk about 8 tracks and shit, but it's so weird that I can tell the kids of today about a time where you needed to take a slip for the game you wanted and take it to a counter to a person so they can get it for you.

>Friday afternoon
>Take slip for Pokemon Blue and bring it to the game section
>Buy the game and play at friend's house all night on his Super GB

Yeah he did drive me drunk. That never dawned on me until years later. The 90s were a different time. That and my uncle is a fucking maniac who also took me for rides on his Hayabusa. Probably says a lot about his decision making skills.

Yeah dude you blew it on that PS1. What a mistake lol oh well you're still here man can still make things right and have fun. My cousin just had her first kid so it's time for me to pay it forward, I owe him as much. It's a debate now if I want to introduce him to new gaming or old gaming try to teach the kid good taste.

No but the Halloween City in my area replaced the closed down Blockbuster. The Toys R Us in my local area is closed down but its still there and no one is buying the place to turn it into another store.

I remember going to GameStop before it became a nail salon

>You'll never convince your mom to take you to Toys R Us to get Mew traded to your copy of Emerald again

It turned into a fucking Big Lots not even a month after they shut their doors.

Attached: file.png (1000x666, 1023K)

I should go to my local gamestop to see what accessories didn't sell and if to see if they are throwing away kiosks again.

remember taking a peek when they opened the door and seeing that godly amount of games and accessories in the room

woo lads

Attached: 1551390204040.jpg (550x842, 102K)

Hot and /ss/-pilled!

This reminds me of the time when my parents bought me Pokemon Sapphire and inside was a $15 off coupon for the e-Reader (yeah, remember that crap?). I was playing it outside with a friend. His dad comes out and tells him that they are going to go to Toys R Us later in the day. I go home and ask my parents if I could have money to buy the "awesome" eReader because I have a $15 coupon for it. They say no (we were poor). I start crying (lmao, was such a dumbass), then they give in. I go to Toys R Us with my friend and buy the stupid eReader that I never used, and I remember I bought a booster pack of Pokemon Cards and pulled a Holo Wailord which I still own.

Attached: 1497302773971.jpg (361x631, 64K)

i will always remember.

Well, Yea Forums?

Attached: n64_colors.jpg (1223x1050, 278K)

Mine was leveled and is now a gated assisted living neighborhood.

79.99 for phantasy star 2...thats fuckin like 130 bucks today

The Toys R Us game section had a huge, stacked displayed of these and I remember walking by it and thinking how cool it was. But to be honest with you, even though I never owned an N64, I was a default color boy. There's just something about it that triggers my nostalgia perfectly.

Attached: 300px-Nintendo-64-wController-L.jpg (299x137, 10K)

My local Toys R Us is still a Toys R Us.
Went there a couple months ago to get a promo card for Pokemon's Forbidden Light thing, I think it was a Fennekin.

Attached: UltraNecrozmaBattle.jpg (2456x1735, 723K)

>watermelon, grape, and jungle
what did they mean by this

Jungle.

>nigga
Stfu nigger, your parents obviously stole tv’s

OP here. This is what I wanted to see before bed. Thanks for the stories. Actually surprised the thread took off. Night!~

Attached: sleeping plumber.jpg (192x146, 11K)

Nice one, dad.

>parents took me to toys r us once as a kid
>birthday, got to pick like 70$ worth of toys
>got this tranformer thing that shot missiles and had a bunch of smaller robot dudes hidden in its body

Cant find it now, but overall good time was had. Thanks for listening
I used to love looking at the ad

He was a good father. I miss him.

It's like, you feel grateful, but there's also the rest.

These units actually have slightly sharper image quality than the standard model. Also smoke because I'm boring.

RPGs were usually worth it.

This, cept pizza. Fug i loved me sime blockbuster growing up.

>tfw parents rented a ps1 once, but were too. Cheap to spring for the memory card

I would each the platform in ff7 like 6x and would either die to Reno's pyramid cuz stupid kid, or brother would kick me off the tv and turn off the ps1 erasing hours of progress

I'm not black I use nigga alot also I assumed you were black

>the only time i ever went into a toys r us is when one of my friends had a birthday coming up and my mom said i could get him a 15$ thing
>she basically just grabbed the first thing she saw and made me leave, i didnt even get to look around for more than 30 seconds
we werent even that poor, what the fuck

OFFICIAL GAME BOY COLOR COLORS AND STYLES POWER RANKINGS

1. Lime Green/Kiwi
2. Dandelion
3. Teal
4. Gold One

-POWER GAP!-

5. Berry
6. Special Pikachu Yellow one with Jigglypuff and Togepi
7. Grape

900000000000001. Atomic Purple
90000000000000001. Tommy Hilfiger

Attached: wut.jpg (611x493, 46K)

Dude that’s incredible.

I got that game for Christmas. I remember heading home after my family Christmas get-together, and felt astonished playing in the quiet darkness while snow fell softly outside. I’d go back in a moment, without even thinking twice.

Another one for y’all, be it trite perhaps

Attached: A0FC84D6-F297-41BC-A48F-CBBD465CE79A.jpg (203x331, 24K)

holy shit it's actually 160 bucks today

we've experienced 100% inflation since 1989? what the fuck

>be me
>walk into toys R us
>look at the games
>see bunch of good stuff
>don't get anything
>walk out
>Canadian
>this was yesterday
HERE TO STAY, HERE TO PLAY

Ours is closed, but untouched. Kind of neat/sad.

Right? Parents in the 90s hated that fucking store

>10 years old
>DS just came out
>Really wanted it, but too expensive for me to buy, parents know I want one
>One day, parents take me to toys r us so I can pick out a game
>I pick one, my mom takes me out to the car while my dad pays
>He comes out, walks to the car, puts a bag in the back, then hands me SM64DS instead of the one I picked
>I’m confused, he knows I don’t have a DS to play it, I ask what’s going on
>Dad tells me to check the bag in the back of the car
>It’s a DS

I’ll never forget that, that’s probably my favorite and most nostalgic gaming moment

Mine is still open because I'm a leaf.
It's the same one where I got Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker a few years ago, they still had a boxed copy despite it being months since the it came out.

I love stories likes this. It's so cool wondering what parents where thinking when they did stuff like this.

>never get to go to toys r us cuz it's on other side of the city
>finally go
>wtf it's all the same stuff as walmart
>walk 1 more isle over
>holy shit duke nukem action figures
>oh fuck turok action figures
my mom noticed how excited i was, walked out with a turok, a battle lord, AND an octobrain

got a fond story like this so i'll share

>it's november 2011
>really grey rainy day
>mom picks me up from school to go to gamestop to pick up the new game in my favorite series
>start driving home
>on side of the street see someone biking in the pretty heavy rain
>realize it's a kid from school i'm sorta friendly with but think is cool and wanna b tighter w/
>roll down window, 'dude whatter u doin'
>'biking back home from gamestop, i got the new zelda'
>show him my skyward sword collector's box
>mom says get in the car we'll take you home
>talk abt the series for a lil in the car
>drop him off and go home to play cool new game in the cozy rain

the kid switched schools but we still run into each other every now and then and we're cool

>12 years old
>collect nintendo magazines every month
>get demo footage of new gamecube console and the games coming out on it
>one of them is kameo another is a pirate adventure game (these were never released)
>notice star fox adventures and think it looks fucking amazing
>it's my birthday and mom takes me to toys'r'us pick up the gamecube bundle for smash bros, pikmin and starfox adventures
>one of the happiest day of my life and will always remember it
starfox adventure was probably my favourite gamecube game and to this day i still don't know why people shit on it so much

Fuck I love this

Based Uncle Howard bought me the ice blue one.
Later bought me the silver gamecube.
I had it good.

>sees the R'us part of the sign while my parents are driving me around a foriegn town.
>gets retardly excited
>its a BabysR'us

did you put half a bike in your moms trunk

One thing I really miss is how getting a single new game back then literally made my week. For example, I remember getting megaman battle network 3 and it was exciting as fuck.

>you will never be as comfy as a piece of paper sandwiched between 2 pieces of paper

FUCK

Attached: 1271470698640.png (194x160, 6K)

>TRU is moving to another town
>go to their clearance sale at least two times
>buy a bunch of Nintendo strategy guides for $5 each
>last day there are 100+ copies of RE Umbrella Chronicles for $1
>only get one

I really should have picked up five or so copies for that cheap, think they were going for $20 at the time.

I'LL GIVE YOU 10,000 DOLLARS FOR THAT DRINK HAT

When 7th gen was coming I was able to pick up an official Nintendo 1,000 block memory card for the GC for $5. I should have got an extra one since they cost a lot and third party cards were prone to fail.

I will always remember that my mother bought me Wario Land II, Donkey Kong GB, Wario Land 1 and Pokemon Gold in that order...........

>sadly i dont have pokemon gold in box, but i got pokemon silver now.

I never had a local one but the one I went to as a kid is still a Toys r Us but it's closed.

did you fuck?
or at least motorboat?

Early Zoomer here. While I certainly remember a lot of these things, I wouldn't really say I feel "nostalgic" for them. Kids like this are just being overdramatic faggots. I'd much rather have grown up in the late 90s-early 00s if I had the choice.

Attached: 1548855007471.png (562x818, 857K)

Why don't consoles and handhelds come in cool colors like these anymore? Nowadays it's either black, white, grey, or some dull metallic color.

Harley Davidson actually.
Helps my local Toys R Us blew up 13 years ago

Attached: maxresdefault (22).jpg (1280x720, 228K)

bikes fit in cars

It must be one massive Dollar Tree if it occupies the same building.

Attached: 02 Hiro.gif (600x338, 2.59M)

No, they don't?...wtf are you talking about..bikes do not fit in cars...and no mom is ever going to let a kid put his dirty bike tires inside the fucking car lol...have you ridden a bike

Anyone else remember those Pokemon tournaments Toys R Us had in the 90s?

Attached: 049d10013e24bba1347d682415b731ca.jpg (1023x842, 241K)

>Go to Toys 'R' Us
>Buy Landstalker: The Treasure of King Nole
>Play it a lot

I guess I was lucky my local Toys R Us looked the way it did. Too bad it was in an incredibly shitty area. Last thing I bought from it was my Wii on black Friday 2006. But in typical Toys R Us fashion, you couldn't buy it without getting 3 games alongside it. Twilight Princess, Trauma Team, and Call of Duty 3.

Attached: toysrushr113006a_cmyka.jpg (512x351, 56K)

They do, you just have to wait for special editions. Although I wish consoles/handles were still made in clear colors like

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

My local Circuit City became a giant state run liquor store. Shit is awesome. Pretty good, albeit overpriced, bistro inside it too.

>you played COD on Wii
Greentext experience

Attached: 1551893033585.jpg (283x248, 15K)

do you live in one of those third world countries that literally only have compacts

does your mom have such bad credit and you're so young that she drove a dodge magnum

>10 years old
>DS just came out
>its been 18 years since the ds release

Attached: 1551223679641.jpg (211x399, 30K)

>bikes do not fit in cars
....whoa...its....almost..as if....theyre not...poor....

It was fucking awful user. I can't even look back on it with any real memory. I only recall:
>smoke effect looked like cardboard
>there was a rowing section
>aiming was a pain in the ass because of drift
>gun struggle parts that were impossible
>made my retarded cousin play and watched the game that way.
Needless to say I traded it in for Elebits. :3

>Christmas 98
>Go out to living room
>2 huge boxes and a few little ones
>N64, OOT, Mario 64 and a 18" tube TV for my room

I just about shit myself

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

poor got nothing to do with it bikes don't fit inside the passenger compartment of cars

>be me
>be poor
>dad has only enough money to buy a pre-owned game at gamestop
>does this every 2 weeks because I got good grades
>only had PS2 but it was good ofc
>this was 12 years ago
the good ol days...

>Those 3 games
>That exact experience
Hello me

My very own clone!

RPG prices are serious business, a lot of ones in Japan were 8900+ yen

It became a golf store

I miss these christmas feelings. People can argue all they want but these festivities are not the fucking same as they use to be. My 10 year old nephew lives with me and it's almost like he has no spirit for the holiday. He just knows he's getting gifts and that's the end of it. Where the fuck is the sense of wonder and surprise?

Fuck it makes me sad. I hope you cherish that memory forever user. I had a similar experience with the N64 during christmas and it was one of the best feelings in the world.

now that i think of it, you're right, there are no (0) models of car that can fit a bicycle inside of them

I used to work at a Toys R Us and you are wrong as fuck. Putting bikes in cars was a regular part of my day. I did it at least five times every shift.

That’s because you’ve spent too much time falling for Yea Forums memes.

It's now a UFC Gym.

Attached: Capture.png (1029x595, 950K)

you really need to leave the house sometime user. when your parents croak you're going to starve to death

I remember my Blockbuster had a copy of NFL Quarterback Club 98 sitting in their For Sale section starting in 2001 and it stayed there for over a decade. Year after year I went into that store and it was still there. Then when it was closing in 2012 I finally bought it for 0.99.

And it didn't work.

Attached: trollface.gif (519x450, 875K)

not him but the first time ive heard of kroger was in a youtube video about some dying buisiness or something a month or two ago. just looked it up and the closest one to me is like 200 miles away
not everyone lives in your state

it's the biggest grocery store chain in the US

That’s the best one. So many childhood memories there. :(

and? if he doesnt have any in his state how would he magically know what it is? do you know what the largest grocery store chain is in mexico?

I can understand it ultimately, though it's weird for me for people to do the nostalgia for ~2012~ middle school kind of thing. What's amusing for me has been seeing the minecraft generation getting mad and hostile to the fortnite generation.

Depresses me how prevalent dollar trees are. I mean they serve a purpose but it feels like a very post-recession poor economic condition kind of store. The prevalence of amazon is leading to that situation of so many brick and mortar stores falling/disappearing and being replaced by even more depressing temporary stores. I did see both the closest and second closest outlet mall/shopping area getting renovated veneers so they don't look so depressingly archaic 1980s architecture now, and there's always going to be a booming business for food shops and services.

Actually to be honest I'm wrong as there's still a lot of good foot-traffic locations.

Not across the board, rather certain goods have skyrocketed in price and others have plummeted. In general electronics/technology stuff has plummeted in costs. I remember looking it up and some really good top of the line TV was 10,000 dollars or more in the 90s, and a really good top of the line TV now is maybe 4,000 at the most.

Attached: Uano5bl (1).png (590x777, 183K)

>go to toys r us
>they have a display cabinet with an orca chasing Sonic
The crispness of it blew my fucking mind.

>Bluelight

That’s going back

19 here, the gap I feel is sort of weird really. I have memories of both early 2000's sixth gen gaming with the gba and ps2 as I do with the seventh gen. Spme of my best memories are going to Toys R Us to pick out a gba game from behind the glass or being at bBockbuster deciding on what game to rent. The transition from sixth to seventh gen was just a weird time in general for gaming, I think most people my age are able to recall it and at least a bit of the time before it during the sixth gen.

Attached: dims.jpg (425x299, 43K)

that was a promo for the dreamcast wasn't it.

I remember I was 12 and went to a Pokemon event, think it was for a legendary

>do you know what the largest grocery store chain is in mexico?
Taco Bell

bro I went to this Toys R Us all the time, I think it's where I got Pokemon Blue for the game boy, cali niggas

Last toys r us memory I have is standing in line getting a greninja amiibo.

It makes me feel bad that they don't know any better.

Attached: 1456655877499.png (400x240, 197K)

You’re welcome Anthony.

>saw a boarded up Toys R Us today
>thought about sneaking inside and taking pictures
>bunch of random cars are parked in front for some reason

fuck that would've been so cool

Actual good story time.

>11 or 12 years old or so
>birthday time
>friend has Sega CD, so naturally I want one because huge Sega fantard back then, even if I have to be a generation behind. Still have Nintendo stuff but prefered Sega. (dads friend owned a videostore formerly until the N64/PS1 generation so got games/consoles on like 80% discount, not truly spoiled until that day)
>Dad and I go to toys r us, they literally dont have it, probably because of Nintendo bullying
>disappointed
>went to funcoland
>They carried sega CD stuff
>But someone literally just walked out the door with every sega CD game they had
>for FUCKIN $50
>completely heartbroken
>Dad being awesome guy he is says fuck it, "do you want a playstation instead"
>Mind explodes because thats the newest hottest shit, dad's literally selling his wallet for the first time
>go back to Toys r Us
>buy PS1 BRAND FUCKING NEW
>2 controllers and a buncha games.
>happiest birthday I ever had in my life
>mfw remembering this and how I almost sold myself short on a Sega CD when I could have actually asked for a playstation

I honestly could be considered spoiled, but half the reason I wanted a Sega CD was because it was reasonable to ask for. it was kinda aging and had already failed as a platform at that point so it was cheap.

Attached: almost me.png (432x624, 210K)

Damn, consider yourself lucky that some other dumbass got the sega cd.

I was lucky, it's because of that fucker that I got the best JRPG platform of all time aside the SNES and GBA.

I went to this Toys R Us before it closed, it kinda sucked though. Burbank one was superior.

Man, I remember coming here for either the first or second batch of nintendo switches when they first came out. Now I hardly use the damn thing outside of Travis Strike Again and Puyo Puyo Tetris while keeping it offline and on low firmware while I debate on jailbreaking it.

My brother one a Nintendo 64 from one.
We already had a 64 so he sold the console but kept the purple atomic controller