Is this the best Devil May Cry yet?

Is this the best Devil May Cry yet?

Attached: dmc5.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JBA7Jtsl-58&t=64s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Working-with-People-with-Down-Syndrome-Things-You-Should-Know.jpg (1100x723, 292K)

Overall I would say yes.
There are some things previous games do better but 5 has the strongest core gameplay and most polish. It could unquestionably be the best if they release high-quality expansions. I really hope any new characters they add get their own missions rather than being retreads of the base game.

youtube.com/watch?v=JBA7Jtsl-58&t=64s

Not yet. One day though, when Kamiya remakes this bad boy right here.

Attached: 220px-DMC1FrontCover.jpg (220x313, 24K)

Remake DMC2 Too but even better

that game needs a revision

The best in gameplay, story-wise the 3 is better, 4 is right in the middle, 1 is nostalgic as it gets, and we dont talk about 2

do you actually find this shit funny? seriously how old are you?

this

Yes. The other games are held back by their shitty level design that always have boring backtracking, awkward "puzzles" that aren't actually puzzle but just exist to slow the game down, or some other retarded shit that makes me dread replaying them.

Sure. But its too good that we want more. We need more outfits, more characters, more story. I hope mods solve at least the first one

Goteem

Attached: 1552098407442.gif (230x199, 128K)

Their level design was not shitty whatsoever you motherfucking knuckledrgging drooler, that was one of their best aspects even. DMC1 especially, a game made to be started and finished within a sitting. It's thanks to cuhrayzeefags like you only giving a shit purely about muh combofaggotry mechanics we have levels that just lead you wherever with endless corridors into arenas. DMC5 could be the void and you faggots would probably still be happy. There is no real sense of place in 5 whatsoever. Pacing is shit too thanks to multiple character swapping and the game feeling the need to jump between multiple gaps in time.

>we have levels that just lead you wherever with endless corridors into arenas
Thats good though

>He doesn't understand how cool it is to jump through story parts.
I would've given DMC1 props if it's level design was actually interesting other than get this item and then slot it in the next room. It's really boring and it feels like the game is yanking your chain. DMC5's level design could've improved upon it. Too bad it decided hallways was better.

This, but ONLY because i need to see my wife in full HD.

Attached: 356bd149613e9a82923aff364a855e07.jpg (640x858, 60K)

They're going to fuck her up. Capcom are lazy or incompetent with making character models.

Anyone else find DMC5 Lady attractive? A lot of people shit on her looks but I think she looks fine.

I just really like the idea of exploring a broad structure. DMC1 had the spooky mansion, DMC3 had the tower. I don't like when it feels like a bunch of unfocused wandering bullshit in streets or whatever. That plant tower is fucking bland as it gets, jesus christ. It all just blended together.

Attached: 108341.p.jpg (549x402, 72K)

is as good as DMC3SE with style switcher mode

She looks fine. Her jaw just looks abit too square from the front so it triggers shitposting.

if you like masculine women yes,a good manjaw is sexy.

Personally, I'm the opposite. I just like to slash my way through enemies without thinking too much.

I'm too attached to the RE roots.

Attached: 1471928650019.jpg (900x650, 183K)

Good point. I feel like the tree could've been one. Just say the tree only opens after you get key items from defeating bosses with Quilphoth roots. Then make the tree a cohisive area. It was eating the city so you could've used different areas to slap them together. Definitely have room for improvement.

Even though I'm not a fan of the broad structures, the design is fucking great. Mallet Island and the Tower were gorgeous (in their own way). Fortuna was pretty cool too.

>Sun is out
>Nightfall by end of the game
Fucking love this shit

Attached: 1547305661330.png (299x319, 191K)

They should make her sexy cuz shes not white

3 is still GOAT

IDORT here. Should I buy this on PC or console?

It's not bad or terrible. It's pretty damn good.

correct

3>4>5>1>2

It's mind boggling. Not only to people watch this shit they also make it.

>4 over 5
Can you explain? Not trying to be rude im just curious.

My guy

I love it when you're in the tree at the beginning of the game and that violin piece starts playing. It gives you a sense that shit is really dire.

Fucking fantastic game.

Needs mod support to really achieve peak greatness but it's definitely the most fun I've had.

It's the little things about it that I like the most. Like how style-switching is now a zero-frame-delay action so you can bind style switch and style action to a simultaneous keypress and just have 4 "style buttons" for Dante (and no Dark Slayer style to fuck it up at the end).

Or how DSD finally gives him a fucking updated moveset that he desperately needed, but they leave the other swords there for the classic moveset.

Or how Tomboy and Gerbera's cannons can actually be aimed with mouse on PC. Actually, just generally the mouse support for this game is way better than I expected it to be, which is super refreshing for an action game.

It still 100% needs a fan-made mod that takes a broken devil breaker and adds it to the back of Nero's magazine, so you can "cycle" them endlessly. I'd also like to be able to slow-walk with Tomboy's gun active, it's irritating that movement keys also aim it.

pc for turbo mod and fast loads

4 doesn't even have good story or level design. Fortuna was squandered. It has better combat balance though.

How's it like playing it on keyboard and mouse?

Deluxe worth getting or nah?

post a screenshot of binds for dante?
since my controller broke, i've started trying to get the hang of kb+m, but style switching has been an issue for me.

I don't actually, using Steam Controller (hence the special Style Input bindings for Dante). Which is another fun plus for it, it supports simultaneous mouse and keyboard input, which is even RARER and is extremely nice when navigating levels.

I just want my TPS-mode Nero, it's super jarring to pull out the Tomboy cannon and suddenly be foot-planted.

Not really. Get it if you want extra music and shit but the other stuff isnt worth it. The devil breakers it gives you don't matter because the game gives you tons of them.

I don't use KB+M, but I can tell you what I WOULD use for KB+M if I were into that sort of thing.

LMB = Attack
RMB = Special Attack (Sword style + Style action)
Mouse 5 = Gun
Mouse 4 = Gun Special (Gunslinger style + Style action)
Shift = Lock-On
E = Trick (Trickster style + Style action)
Q = Guard (Royalguard Style + Style action)
1 = cycle guns
2 = cycle melee
3 = devil trigger
t = taunt
WASD/Space = come the fuck on you know this

But that's just for Dante. Nero would be different, and V I don't even know because I'm a scrub with him.

Gerbera GP01 is the better version of Gerbera if you're looking for fun. Otherwise not really, unless you want blonde Nico.

Attached: Nero rocking out.webm (540x304, 2.93M)

the combat in 5 is tighter, more precise, less rewarding to spamming and button mashing. and the environments are more varied and interesting.

although 4 obviously suffers from being a retread through the second half

>unless you want blonde Nico
speaking of that, I have the deluxe edition but I don't know how you change to the alt costumes. how do you do that?

Attached: 1518586349839.png (576x699, 194K)

whoops, i meant to say, the combat in 4 is all of those things.

Anyone's found out a cheap way to deal with those spinning fucks?

I'd say Standard is good enough by itself, I got the physical Deluxe edition but none of the extras come preinstalled by default, I have no internet at home so I can't download them. People say the live action scenes are pretty fun, but I suppose you could just watch them online.

Beat the game, then settings and game options. Maybe you don't need to beat the game though.

I've beaten the game and I'm in the game options and I don't see anything about costumes. Just camera speed, lock-on, etc.

Is mega buster not fun? It looks fun.

try gallery in main menu and cutscene replay, there was the option there

There should be a cutscene setting

3 with Style Switcher mod is still better by miles. The fact that they can't surpass a fucking ps2 game is all around sad

You don’t need to beat the game. It’s somwhere in the Main Menu.

>3 with Style Switcher mod
So five

imo, Royal Guard is way too strong and easy to use. Overall, I like 5 just as much as 3, very fucking fun and they actually made Nero interesting to play.

Attached: 1522546427611.png (655x642, 405K)

if they make Vergil playable for free then yes

Except 5 has worse weapons and watered down abilities from 3. It's a step above 4 but that isn't say much

I disagree, and I think the only way a person could agree with that statement was that they’re mad Nevan didn’t make the cut.

Which is actually a shame, but still.

The best weapons from 3 are all in 5

>try this
>see something like dev cutscene in setting
>on mission 5 with V in that hole running away from that giant boss that Nero fights
>see this

Attached: dev.webm (900x506, 581K)

Isn’t he kind of already?

Honestly you know we’re gonna get a DMC5SE next year. It’d be way too lucrative not to.

>Balrog is a Shitty beowulf
>no nevan
>no weapon like adni + rudra
>cerberus tries taking nevan abilities but made them worse
>cerberus actually loses the unique abilities it had from 3
>LSD fucks up sword master play style
>get shit like dual kalina anns instead of unique demon guns like pandoras box or artemis
It's fucking trash

Attached: DMC3 style change mod.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

gitgud

>Is this the best Devil May Cry yet?

Almost but, No. It would be if it stuck to a single character, with 3 characters the gameplay is spread out to much.

V shouldn't have been playable to begin with. His boring easy mode missions do nothing but break up the flow when playing as Nero and Dante.

Nero and Dante are great and they play similarly enough on a base level that going from one to the other isn't nearly as jarring as playing as V, and they also have enough of their own moves, weapons and playstyle quirks that each feels unique.

I will say snarky smack talking Nero felt odd to me and makes him feel like he's just a watered down Dante. I remember him being a bit more of a serious character in 4 but its been awhile so maybe he was snarky and talked a bunch of trash, and I just forgot it. I liked the serious anime character Nero was in 4 more than Diet Dante in 5.

Dante was great. My only complaint his is squinty eyes and him not wearing as crazy and ornate a trench coat as he did in previous games.

I ended up liking Nico waaay more than I expected. If they got rid of the overbite hillbilly accent and toned down her tattoos a bit and she'd be a pretty great character.

I'm not sure. I've checked every option and menu and it's nowhere to be found. Starting to think I've been gypped buying this deluxe edition

You probably need to beat the game

>LSD fucks up Swordmaster
LSD is just “Dante’s moveset reimagined with Nero/Vergil’s control scheme, and Swordmaster is now Darkslayer/Vergil shit”

You can literally re-equip Rebellion or DSS if you don’t like it.

>You can literally re-equip Rebellion or DSS if you don’t like it.
Except I miss out on the drive skill so I fucking have to use it if I want Dante's full moveset from 3. It's fucking garbage

Just checked. Go to the main menu, go to options, customize cutscenes, and there you can chance costumes and cutscenes.

no

The good news is, with DSD you lose Prop/Shredder so there’s no one sword that has the full Rebellion moveset. Now you can use the one you actually like and not feel that you’re missing out.

You still have prop shredder its just a YY (pause) YY combo with DSD.

OK, I think I realized what it is. The costumes aren't from the deluxe edition itself, it's a pre-order bonus. I had the code in an e-mail from Amazon.

Attached: da84d980-4476-11e9-9c50-02b32b0c7f7e.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

>mouse support

hell yes it is

Attached: weww.webm (852x480, 2.12M)