Tfw they might not fuck it up

>tfw they might not fuck it up

Attached: wowclassicrelease-1ok.jpg (700x394, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17592150/r
m.soundcloud.com/miscalt/sets/the-barrens-chat-ballad-collection
youtube.com/watch?v=aL81Ywzc-nU
wowhead.com/news=287727/new-multithread-optimizations-coming-in-patch-8-1-tides-of-vengeance
youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You are fucking delusional if you think nuBlizzard won't fuck this up.

It's quite telling that there is even a chance of them fucking it up. Reminder: this is not a new game

If they pull it off perfectly i still think most people will be disappointed. It's not going to bring back the good old days.

What's it like being a hunter in classic?

strawpoll.me/17592150/r

I'm more and more cautiously optimistic
they've at least signaled that they're listening to community feedback and suggestions

Beast Mastery is the only viable spec and its boring as fuck. Also a few pets are horribly broken and better regardless.

Why not just work on current Wow and try to bring back older gameplay philosophies? Slow things down, encourage communication etc. Is it just too late?
I mean the demand for classic should show them what people want

>they've at least signaled that they're listening to community feedback and suggestions

The current community didn't play vanilla WoW. Almost no one did. Most people started during Wrath. Vanilla only had about 1.2 million people before TBC launched.

You mean I can't minmax the entire game like my corporate boss asked me to, grinding materials and quests and raids as if they are an end-point instead of an adventure???

There is no "demand for classic." It's a small echo chamber of half a million vocal users here and there screeching incessantly.

>played a survival hunter throughout 'nilla
>top raiding guild on server, top alliance guild as well
>class lead
>was well known in 2 for being 2nd to get full T2 on server
>as a survival hunter
Enjoy pissing literaly everyone off.

they're listening to the private server and classic community, the retail players don't give a fuck about classic obviously

m.soundcloud.com/miscalt/sets/the-barrens-chat-ballad-collection

Uh...horde bros?

.5-1million extra subs a month is a huge boon for pretty minimal work, a skeleton crew updating the old code basically

>It's not going to bring back the good old days.
That's okay, it's still a fun experience in its own right. Even vanilla private servers are fun despite the numerous issues they have.

>500k is a small number
its more than that anyway, though not by a ton

I haven't played in almost a decade but I'd be somewhat interested in giving it a shot. I got a little burnt out of GW2/BDO despite having a decent time just fucking around in either.

Thats not much of an improvement overall. On the other hand its still a better release schedule than it was.

Nah, they will, just wait and see.

It's looking really good after yesterday's announcement.
Only the schedule seems a little bit suspicious, considering they already had a lot of work to do since the half-broken beta, and now they are adding more.

they will fuck it up by getting rid of dishonorable kills, just you wait and see

#nochanges

Attached: areyoufuckingkiddingme.png (275x266, 87K)

>small
>500k
>when retail has LESS than 500k subs
Oh no... the cope...

the schedule is literally "we haven't made anything yet, so let's say we're doing a 'release schedule'"

You guys do realize they are adding sharding to classic right?

What's it like being a warrior in classic?

leveling is great if you have a pet healer
otherwise it's a painful slog.
you'll be tanking/DPSing in dungeons and raids, and pretty gud for the pvp.

Vanilla aka babbies first mmo is literally what made Nu-blizz

Attached: BNh0REkCEAAqbJd.jpg (600x450, 38K)

As opposed to hunter now which is like 2 buttons

They have slowed it down. GCD change.

guaranteed utility spots in raids, clothies and tanks both like you in their group.

wtf is sharding

Suffering until 60. Then more suffering.

yeah in starting zones, and only maybe. stop QQing in every thread

It’s when you go to fart but some poop comes out

wtf is classic

OH NO NO NO this will kill the game and retail as well
OH NO NO NO!!!

>tfw Yea Forums is poised to give blizzard a shit ton of money once classic drops and singlehandedly saves the company

Friendly reminder that minmax super autists will prevent you from being able to enjoy classic.

avoid minmax retards
avoid streamers
have a nice summer anons

Attached: 293672728.png (216x220, 83K)

Wrong.
>me BTFOing a minmaxer

Attached: virginroguevschadpaladin.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

>avoid minmax retards
Good luck with that

Attached: tfw your favorite video game franchise is not on your prefered gaming system.gif (245x263, 2.75M)

GUYS THEY LISTENED!

Attached: 1552322664710.png (990x2416, 1.48M)

what I don't get is that wow is super easy if you minmax everything, if you're that autistic why not save it for a game that requires it?

Enjoy being kicked from raids constantly because you aren't part of the meta or minmaxing ;)

Because current wow players want to log on for 2 hours a night because they have too busy lives working part time at a grocery store.

LFG and LFR killed the game, if you are in a dungeon and you wipe once people will rage quit because the dungeon is taking too long.

What's the most fun class in classic?

unironically rogue, and I don't even play rogue

its when theres too many people in one spot so they mix you in with different servers. In your typical MMO, you will always be on X server but with sharding, you can be on any server and it changes depending on your in game location. Basically there is no such thing as a community as you practically never meet anyone from your server. Back in TBC, if I were getting camped by a high level rouge when leveling, i could switch to my main and know that the rouge will still be there and thus i would be able to kill him. With sharding, you never know what type of server you are going to be on so you will never intact revenge on that rouge

its not for fucking just starting zones your brain dead mongoloid

only in starting zones and only for 1-2 weeks

druid

Unholy DK

Attached: shadow gf.jpg (800x600, 56K)

hunter
roll on all
wear all

This.
They are starting from a very high starting point though, so if they fuck it up only a medium amount then it'll still be good.
The question is HOW MUCH they'll fuck it up.
I've got $50 riding on "They be cheap fucks with the server infrastructure and keep the pop cap so low you can't find an UBRS group, let alone a BWL team"

that's all they've suggested so far, you want it to be server-wide so you can cry about it for some reason but there is zero indication of that yet

>stay hydrated
Everytime, thanks shadow-spawn from beyond the stars gf

Attached: 1437413499154.jpg (487x460, 83K)

I'm tempted to roll paladin just to try out reckoning in pvp

>Almost no one did.

Except for the 7 million people that were subbed in 2006.

I'd normally agree with you senpai, but the new update really makes it seem like they might actually pull it off.

Attached: 1350597550725.gif (247x319, 2.14M)

I feel like the dishonorable system could've been something great had they taken the time to flesh it the fuck out.

>entire 3rd faction of voluntary outlaws that are exiled from their faction due to being dishonorable

nah they'll fuck it up and include half the shit that drove people off in the first place

frost > UH

WoW had like 8m subs by the time TBC came out.

hopes are high as fuck right now but there is one thing i think we all need to adress

FUCK GNOMES, AND FUCK MINMAXING

It's kinda fun. It's not as slow as people claim, but it is annoying getting ganked often if you're playing solo.
Feels like an epic. Getting new items and doing quests feels pretty good.

Attached: imcia.jpg (356x264, 16K)

see me on my gnome warrior

>steps over you and takes a big shit on your head

nothin personel kid

We're finally coming back home boyos.

Attached: Vbojj3s.jpg (1600x900, 126K)

gnome warrior is ok because gnome warrior is not minmaxing

anyone not liking classic and the hype on it
get the fuck back to retail
not subed ? cope harder

Attached: 1467686561056.gif (777x777, 95K)

it is for pvp because you can't cliq fast enough

>want to play mage
>but also want to play priest
>but also want to play warlock
why are clothies so based? FUCK WARRIORS AND FUCK ROGUES

I really hope they delay launch for a few months. I won’t be able to play it at launch otherwise.

Attached: 1E7EF8A5-23D8-4CF5-A305-CCAD97AD28A0.jpg (460x405, 21K)

why can't I fucking decide between mage and warrior

REMINDER

Attached: chad immersion.png (2518x1024, 273K)

Toss a coin faggot, choose one as the alt.

lock team stand by

Attached: 1462414633890.jpg (640x592, 62K)

Alright Yea Forums, Blizzard will release WoW Classic and all, but for some reason Cthulu has frozen the development of Classic, and says "In order for the dev. Of Classic to continue, (you), user, must name 3 features from Live to implement in Classic forever. It can be any feature, but they must be 3 that is not in Classic."
What would you name?

You can roll on every item, you can win most 1v1 duels, you can aggro all the enemies in parts where the party is trying to skip. Also good for bypassing pvp tags if youre on a pve server

pick warlock
it's literally the chad mage

selfie stick, graphics update, draeni

this guy knows whats up, gonna dab on those fools with my human mage, fuck gnomes, and fuck minmaxing

I've never played WoW, but I want to get into it once Classic launches. I have some questions though.
Is movement with WASD or point and click like RS?
Will it be subscription based?
Is WoW really like that South Park episode?

>human warlock male
>not having long black hair with olive skin and a goatee

>Is movement with WASD or point and click like RS?
WASD
>Will it be subscription based?
$15/month
>Is WoW really like that South Park episode?
somewhat

Thank you, friend.

I also recommend this video if you want to learn more
youtube.com/watch?v=aL81Ywzc-nU

the clip wasn't from reckoning btw, seal of command + hand of justice proc + bonus damage from stun + good crit RNG

Go back to /pol/, anti-semitic incel shitpissweenie

I'll check it out. Thank you.

dual spec, transmog, arenas

have sex

ok now what

finish what azshara was suppose to be and its dungeon/raid, finish the dungeon that felwood was suppose to have, finish the blasted lands, allow paladin spells to work on undead players like it did in the beta. It makes no sense lorewise why they dont, paladins are the least offensive class in game and undead racials are incredibly strong so giving them a counter is good.

kys

Attached: ec3.jpg (680x731, 105K)

I M A G I N E
M
A
G
I
N
E

TBC races, hand of reckoning, no dismounting in water

What's it like playing a paladin in Classic? I have a boner for the light that cannot be quenched by a priest.

Eh, the same feel won't be there, but I still really enjoyed P99 and FFXI private servers. Anyone going in for "that same feel" won't get it. The community is going to be way different. All the content is going to get steamrolled, just by virtue that the average modern 5 man mythic boss has more intense mechanics than almost any raid encounter in vanilla before AQ or Naxx (and even then, only a few exceptions).

That said, there'll still be a ton of fun to be had for people who're jonesing for a simpler, less themeparky (which pains me to say since WoW began the themepark design era WITH vanilla), more open ended era.

you lvld as survival too?

Arcane mage, or shadow priest purely for PvE

Does the current wow client have multi-core cpu support?

based madseasonshow poster

Attached: 1451882173413.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

I can't imagine it would matter much for classic, even back in vanilla days it could run on the average computer.
Even my current low-mid tier rig is literally fifty times better than anything in 2004.

Unless you're aiming for 3000 fps or something.

wowhead.com/news=287727/new-multithread-optimizations-coming-in-patch-8-1-tides-of-vengeance

tfw actually excited for a blizzard game again

Classic is a Legion reskin. Set your benchmarks for Legion senpai.

Attached: 1530452396770.gif (500x356, 420K)

didn't that shit got scrapped?
and they'll try again some time in the future

Personal loot or some way of making it so more than a few people out of a 40 man raid actually get shit (whether by increased volume or what), no soul shards, debuff limit changed in some way.

The latter issue is hard to manage since raising or removing it would lower raid difficulty, but it's still horse shit that a lot of talents and specs are fucked because of it.

They're waaaaay too late. Everyone who would have played this 7 years ago has moved on. They have kids, families, wives. It's over.

>Beast Mastery is the only viable spec
the very first thing you said is complete horseshit. bm hunters weren't good in raids at all

cope

Attached: 1465873401359.jpg (476x395, 27K)

I can't wait for people to realize the utter retardation that is the vanilla Hunter single target rotation.

Still vanilla graphics which are waaaaay lower poly than modern.
The client isn't going to chug because of an inaccessible lfr menu.

I could quest and fuck around in the world on max settings without issue but I'd get 10 fps in a raid. And there was a persistent issue with a significant microstutter every so often. I'm hoping multicore support will alleviate those issues.

They've been fucking it up since Wrath

Enhancement shaman. Get to dual wield or use a two handed, can heal and do awesome elemental damage and cast all sorts of cool fucking abilities. Ghost wolf form. Windfury crits. It's honestly just a fun fucking spec and class.

literally the only thing stopping me from rolling my favorite class

>tfw /tar Lupos for days

I can't think of a single dps that will be fun to play in raids. Guess I'm healing

>no ninja looting
>removing exploitable bugs
>click to report
DOA

Go dwarf, go prot holy, get hand of edward the odd and full t1. You are now able to easily take on 5/7classes one on one. You will lose to priests/locks do to not being able to burst them down.

There will be MORE ninja looting with loot trading friend

cant dual wield in vanilla, cant even two hand without talent point investment, same for parry

last digit is evens = Classic is a massive fuck up and BFA flops harder while FFXIV Shadowbringers is the most praised MMOs by critics and players of 2019
last digit is odds = Classic is a huge success, BFA makes a massive comeback in the next major patch, FFXIV Shadowbringers is a bigger flop than current BFA

Let's say they don't fuck stuff up. Does the community know what its getting into? Being a fire mage? Engineering and pvp? Having to worry about their own reputation?

I already wrote essays on this but classic wow was a bunch of bushy-tailed players coming from EQ or PLAYED prior blizz games. Today's crowd has rarely played other vidya nor has the mindset to play pre-wow mmos, which classic shared alot with. Not to mention the apethetic players who would love to do nothing but shit on people's parades, pvp or not.

>Classic is a huge success

Should've stopped here, you cursed it with the rest

>release the content in the same cadence as vanilla minus mara
genius

Attached: thecagehd0773 - Copy.jpg (1440x1080, 154K)

How utterly non-viable are Ele Shamans?

Not the best but definitely useful

If you create a harem of void elf cum sluts that you keep trapped in a pit in between breeding sessions, what is the point? Classic will be dead after a few months.

Attached: 4A377A64-C0A2-4E23-BDA5-D4997112ED63.jpg (1080x1080, 67K)

human female mage
or
gnome female mage

for leveling?
highest dps, but you'll drink all the time
maybe if you level with a mage bro it might be worth it

WE'RE

GOING

HOME LADS.

Attached: 1552234884604.jpg (1863x1685, 1.16M)

I cant think of any game that will better fit the phrase: "you dont want what you think you want".

Itll be dead in a few months

Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria
But the level cap remains at 60.

>you dont want what you think you want

Attached: parrot.jpg (220x221, 19K)

This seems like a really inefficient way to farm (you)s you guys only get like 1-2 replies a post.

I have never played a single game for longer than "a few months" in my life. If I can play 1 thing for months on end and have a good time with it, it is something I want

I agree with you.

sure thats true for most games. Butalot of people who play wow did so for alot longer than a few months

Summer can't come soon enough lads

Attached: mulgore1.jpg (856x535, 249K)

please explain how what i said was bait or blatantly incorrect

>this shit game will have at least one more expansion for its retail version, continuing this cycle of pure and utter bullshit
>Classicfags will fuel this cycle with their never ending nostalgia
I sincerely hope Classic is gonna be a disaster.
It will probably not be one tho, since nostalgia fags will throw their money at Actishizz regardless of the outcome.

Attached: feelsbadman.jpg (466x411, 29K)

>Today's crowd has rarely played other vidya nor has the mindset to play pre-wow mmos
they're not the target audience
they can play retail

I play classic wow right now and it's ten times more fun than retail.

mulgore is the comfiest starting zone

you're simply speaking out of your ass
youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ

NO YOU JUST SAY THAT BUT YOU DON'T ACTUALLY THINK THAT

it just means that people will only remember the good bits of wow. From a time when they were alot younger and had time and energy for a game like wow. Plus there wont be any mystery or things to explore, since all the content is already well fledhed out and optimum strategys found.

You may not like the blackpill on this but itll be true for most people.

I've legit had more positive interactions than negative playing on private servers.

>calling your opinion a blackpill
Fucking cringe

retard

Dishonorable Kills were genuinely bad, and discouraged WPvP.

>Hurr, let's make it so raiding a town or god forbid, a city, will likely lead to a net negative in your PvP ranking

god i remember that feel