Look at this dude

look at this dude

Attached: sweeney.png (553x493, 243K)

I refuse to believe anybody that defends the Epic Games Store isn't doing it ironically

What "features" do you need from a store front? Do you actually enjoy achievements and sanctioned forums?

you don't?

Attached: 1552304603933.png (250x250, 130K)

>warn that Microsoft is going to try to push a monopoly over game software
>partner with Tencent to create Epic Games store and try to push their monopoly over game software
This is a guy who has 10/10 chinese prostitutes giving him happy endings for the small price of selling western game industry out to China. Based.

He can stay delusional and i will keep shopping from GOG.

anyone would've sold a country for a pussy

I can't even get anime girl backgrounds or emotes from Epic's store.

Attached: 1551960696368.png (720x720, 435K)

no
No
NO
NO NO NO NO
NONONONONONONONO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NONONONONO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Do you actually enjoy achievements
I bought a Switch for BOTW but wouldn't consider buying anything available anywhere else on it because no cheevos
>Zoomer!
One of the best parts of the PS2 was collecting the little save icons on the memory card, many of which displayed your progress

I need it to not be chinese

Cheap games, fast downloads and no DRM
That's literally all that matters

>What "features" do you need from a store front?
These are a few nice ones
>Cloud saves
>High level controller support
>Game-specific forums which are genuinely useful for troubleshooting issues
>Workshop for braindead easy modding
>Valve future-proofing PC vidya with Proton on the off-chance that Windows eventually shits the bed

>non mandatory DRM
>no exclusivity deals
>mandatory public review system

>one angry cringer
yikes formerly jannypilled sempai

Attached: 1550007517588.gif (607x609, 514K)

>From a store front
Accessibility.
But Epic Games Store isn't just a store front. It's a games platform. A place to PLAY your games.
If it were just a store front, the requirements are thus:
>Ability to buy shit
>Ability to pay for shit in reasonable manners, such as credit cards, gift cards, paypal, whatever
>Ability to find what you want to buy (Epic Store doesn't need this yet because it has so few products, but it'll need it in the long run)
>The ability to use what you purchase outside of the store
This last point is what separates a Store, like GMG, GOG, and Humble (Galaxy is a separate thing) from platforms like Steam, Origin, Epic, and UPlay.
A platform is a place where you go to access your products, which you either purchased from their in-built store or imported from a store, such as Humble keys through Steam's key system or even just their "add a non-steam game" library option.
A game Platform needs substantially more features.
>Ability to play games
>To interact with other people
>Access to online services where applicable
>Games sorting
These are the general minimums in addition to the Store requirements.
Now I'm going to tell you the one, singular honest complaint about Epic Store that is true and is a fact.
>Buying exclusivity of product sale for your platform
This is the one bad thing about Epic Store as a platform. If it were just a Store and thus sold a standalone I could take to my Steam platform or equivalent, it'd be fine. But it's a platform that locks other developer's titles to their system. This is extremely anti-consumer as it limits their choices. It's 100% fine for Epic to make Fortnite an Epic Store exclusive cause they made it. But it's not fine at all for them to make Satisfactory, Metro, etc. exclusives.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't fucking matter cause in a few years, people will just accept it as a fact, just like Console exclusives.

Consolefags don't have the option to pirate, it's much more easy for PC players to balk when they see shit they don't like

This

>people will just accept it as a fact, just like Console exclusives.

Even the consolefags got pissed about the Xbone Tomb Raider timed exclusivity, which makes people defending Epic's garbage look even worse

Why do people in the game industry that are 30+ years old dress like they are 13?

More like Tim Weenee

They are actually Chinese defense drones and marketers

>oneangryincel
Lolno

Hence the uncanny valley look. Real faces barely translates well into a cg form, something always looks off, mostly because even though they model the face real time they still sculpt it. Might as just built the faces in CG then have the expressions mo-capped.

Don't confuse shitposting with paid shilling. They are similar in appearance but the motives are vastly different.

Huh. Guess I missed it.
On the flipside of the horribleness that is Epic Store and other money-grubbing shit, I really like the fact that some developers opt for doing consumer-friendly stuff. A recent example is Darkwood, whose developers put a torrent up themselves.

Attached: 1552337511381.jpg (1071x630, 193K)

>Oneangryincel

>lightweight
lol.

>convenient to use
According to who? Lol.
And the latter park does not matter at--fucking-all to a normal consumer.

>Tencent
Lmao, fuck off Epic.

>When Valve fanboys said Apex would trounce Fortnite and save Steam

Oh no no no no

Attached: apex fortnite.jpg (1229x546, 238K)

>why should I use your store
>because I get more money lol
interdasting

I love his absolute refusal to ever try to improve the ebin store.

>when zoomers post twitch viewers as an indication of anything

oh, no.

But retarded steam fags did exactly that in the first place

But I never said that. Both games are shit on shit platforms.
Also,
>Twitch numbers are indicative of game health

>oneangrygamer
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT

Attached: 111111.png (792x691, 299K)

Forums are a must for me. I dont want to make a dedicated account at 10000 different places to discuss games.

i got a friend request and I can't even look at their info to see who they are, even after accepting them. great platform bro

>But I never said that.

Valve drones did though

Attached: cringe valve fans.png (1608x1029, 148K)

That's why I use /vg/

This chink hoe can't stop dripping cum from his boi pussy over a few headliners on twitter.

That's not a Valve drone. That's a shitposter who plays both sides.

fucking based

Attached: 1552353978149.jpg (1200x1205, 150K)

But Valve drones say there isn't two sides and no Epic Store users exist

Attached: valve fanboy.jpg (1526x472, 160K)

Do people seriously read oneangryincel? It's literally just a blog of some /pol/tards opinions. It isn't news in any way, shape, or form.

I created an epic account to play pirated Satisfactory, and then I have accidentally purchased Operencia.

Attached: 1552355039336.jpg (728x1000, 183K)

Operencia looks based - good taste

>Steam forums got flooded by Epicfags because they all needed technical help
I wish Epicfags could be banned from Steam so they wouldn't have to mooch off Steam forums.

>Microsoft wants to monopolise games
>Tim: We can't let that happen we have to fight
>Epic is monopolising games
>Tim: This is nearly perfect for consumers
Here's a lesson for you: Never believe the words of a hypocrite; they don't know what they want.

Attached: 1533088730570.jpg (960x960, 145K)

People will either use Steam, or use Steam and EGS.
Too many people have too many games on Steam to ever abandon the platform entierly, and EGS isn't going to win people over just using Fortnite, a few indie games, and timed exclusives.

But EGS offers too little to be the only platform people use. It would be no different than someone refusing to use Steam because they already use Origin. It's not going to happen outside of maybe a very small handful of autists.

The person running the forum has the option so that only people who bought the game on Steam (or used a Steam CD-key) are allowed to post.

I see literally every console user on there. Mostly switch users.

MOMMY I WANT MILKIES

Attached: 1530231920353.png (1080x1080, 606K)

> I wish Epicfags could be banned from Steam
I wish valve did the same to drmless gog shills. They are all over steam forums, and so annoying.
> people have too many games on Steam to ever abandon the platform entierly
Thats obvious, sunk cost something something. On other hand people already started to collect free games from epic store and establishing libraries there.

No steam no buy!

I'd say this is obvious. But it seems kinda lost on the valve drones here, who seem to think the only way to use EGS, is to delete your steam account and never use it again.

This. We need to get rid of steam forums. I'd much rather use a neutral ground like Gamefaqs, or even r*ddit. Then something that publishers/devs can so easily censor and control.

>Devs get better deals
>Consumers still have to pay the same amount of money

Attached: 1511464542211.jpg (851x821, 178K)

>Epic Games, a DRM platform
Yea Forums: FUCK YOU JEW STOP EXPLOITING US GAMERS YOU SICK EVIL BASTARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Valve, a DRM platform
Yea Forums: There is nothing wrong here. It is a utopia. Gaben is based.

Attached: 1362844820794.png (445x465, 213K)

Gaben is god your right FUCK EPIC STEAM FOR LIFE!

Hey guys we only take 12 to 15% of the profits and the poor developers get all the rest!

Well actually their pulishers do. It'll go straight up to the ceos at the top actually.

And we only got the costs this low because when consumers use certain payment methods the prices they pay may be inflated as much as 12% to handle processing fees we nor the publishers want to pay.

Yeah. Wait until you see what we can do with content you create from games on our platform, and, if we get in trouble for it, our user agreement says you the consumer have to pay the legal fees we incur from whatever complications came from using your content.

Yay.

No users reviews or ratings, publishers can shut them off if they don't like them.

Their no questions asked return policy results in a refund request form 20 questions long and asks for obscure information most users don't know like their IP address.

They can collect your information and they can sell, and no matter what Todd says there's EVERY reason to believe they are letting tencent have it and sell it.

I believe with all my heart that no one would give a fuck about Epic Games Store if they didn't give away Subnautica. Now that they are giving away games that were out a year ago on Xbox Gold, no one is going to care anymore.

I mean he's right. Its definitely not ready for customers but consumers don't give a fuck about the long term of allowing console war cancer to spread.

>Now that they are giving away games that were out a year ago on Xbox Gold, no one is going to care anymore.

Games you got two years ago with PS+.

>nearly perfect

Attached: 1549439812042.png (3074x1751, 244K)

Charging for a download is inherently anti consumer. Fuck Steam and fuck Epic Games Store. Valve used even worse methods when they were pushing Steam, why does Valve get a pass?

Valve gave digital distribution a monopoly on PC. I warned people and tried to get people to boycott Valve into bankruptcy after they launched Steam and released HL2 but no one listened. Steam was the consolization of PC.
And you can stay brainwashed and I'll keep pirating GOG installers because fuck paying for a download.

>why does Valve get a pass?

BASED

LORD

GABEN

Yeah? The denuvo free .exe from DMC that everyone is using was brought to public knowledge by a steam user and shared on the steam forums and guides section.

Yes. Steam guides and forums have pretty much replaced gamefaqs for me.

Also I don't need cheevos but I prefer them.

>lightweight
i dunno i never used it
>convenient to use
more so than steam? doubt it
>gives devs a better deal
im a consumer not a developer, i dont give a shit, that also translates to give more effort to devs and not consumers so thats a con not a fucking pro you retard

i mean you've seen how many shills there are for shitty games, they're a chinese backed company there's no fucking question that they have paid ones everywhere.

Honestly there are a lot of people this world would be better off without. Delete china and the world would be 20 times better

A games list I can actually filter, sort and display as a list instead of these fucking huge thumbnails. Imagine having hundreds of games on epic games with the library view like it is now.