Ps Vita Emulation

How does PS1 and PSP emulation compare to the actual thing?

Attached: IMG_0411.jpg (749x362, 57K)

Vita emulator when?

> How does PS1 and PSP emulation

way better than the ps classic that they are selling for 50 bucks. It's flawless on the vita.

flawless but the vita is expensive as fuck rn. You're better off buying an actual PSP, it also does PS1 flawlessly.

I'm looking to play a few vita games also so yeah.

I believe it's using some of the hardware natively to play PSP games, so it's like psudo emulation.

Either way, it's flawless.

The vita has the PSP hardware built in, so its not emulation, it perfectly plays all PSP games. The PS1 emulator is as close to perfect as its ever going to get since its Sony's in house emulator. If you hack the thing and get Adrenaline to boot into the PSP mode, you can use some other homebrew I forgot the name of to switch which version of the built in emulator is used if you encounter any errors with some games on certain versions.
Its basically flawless, but I have no idea how expensive Vitas are these days.

Vita TV is the best console.

I wish I picked one up when they were cheaper.
They're more expensive than a Vita nowadays.

>its Sony's in house emulator

I still don't know how they managed to emulate the ps1 perfectly on the psp/vita but fucking had to use a fan emulator for ps1 classic.

That's crazy. I bought one for $35 at Bestbuy. They were just begging people to buy these things with huge sales for the longest time.

I never actually thought about that, what the fuck? I can't even begin to fathom why they would ever do this, unless there's some technical reason it wouldn't run on that thing.

cheaper to use cheap chink arm boards than to start manufacturing PSP chips again (they're similar to PS1's afaik, so that might be why it worked so good)

>already went up in price

fuck, I wanted to grab one for cheap and then they announce production has ceased and everything goes up in price.

FUCK

They were discontinued long before the vita was.

They've been sitting at 300 dollars for a while.

What about your local pawn shops?

literally every single vita game worth playing has been ported elsewhere

They moved their HQ to California. Where they hire dumb sjw who don't know how to code. So they take the shortcut in hopes that nobody finds out.

except Soul Sacrifice Delta. If there was ever a game that needs porting so badly, it's this game. Just so others can experience how good the story of the game is.

i refuse to buy a ps4 and most of the good vita games never came to pc

I've been too lazy to check them out. But I have seen very few online in the local area, so I don't think I'll be lucky.

$300 maybe brand new in the box, but used ones on ebay can be found often for $100 fully hacked and shit.

Persona 4 Golden

Are Vitas Region locked?

getaloadoftheseweebs.jpeg

nope. Tho you must have the physical cartridge to play other regional games.

No.

I mean there's a perfectly emulated PSP inside of the vita, so everything the PSP did, the vita does with 100% accuracy. So that includes perfect ps1 emulation.

>p4g
>freedom wars
>ssdelta
those three alone make the probably $100 or $150 price tag for a vita well worth it, as you'll get that many hours out of it with just those.

which?

Muramasa is fun. I don't know that it exists on any other system.

No region lock but Japan has X and O switched matching the Nintendo layout.

It was originally a Wii game.

The store, yes, but not the system.

That's because PS1 games aren't actually emulated on PSP. The hardware is similar enough that PS1 games run natively. PS1 packages for PSP are basically the ISO(s) with a launcher script.

With henkaku, you can invert the System menu buttons without modifying them for every single game.