Is this trash or a masterpiece?

I just finished DMC5 dont feel like going through hollow knight rn and im playing nioh and feeling meh, ive heard very mixed things about this game

Attached: 220px-God_Hand_(2006_Playstation_2)_video_game_cover_art.jpg (220x311, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t8-ZQV6KqPI
youtube.com/watch?v=vMu47X9e-VM
youtube.com/watch?v=HR7YzoZ2YeI
youtube.com/watch?v=SG3i28oZauE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's definitely worth a playthru,

I absolutely recommend it. I played it for the first time last year and I had so much fun it was like I was playing vidya as a kid again.
I will admit however that it can be quite frustrating at times, not because of the odd controls, which serve the game quite well, but because it can be pretty difficult at times, especially when fighting groups.
The main gripe people seem to have is the lack of the ability to toggle which enemy you're targeting but otherwise it's solid.

Attached: skull.gif (53x58, 24K)

Godhand is too good for modern Yea Forums.

Its a trash of a masterpiece

>It's definitely worth a playthru,
aite imma dl now and check this shit out

>Its a trash of a masterpiece
idk what this means but i somehow feel i do know what it means

OP

I LOVE IT

AWESOME

It's learning curve is more like a wall, but once you climb it, the game is fun

Attached: 1254698630256.jpg (656x334, 99K)

youtube.com/watch?v=t8-ZQV6KqPI

Attached: 1549774742619.gif (420x534, 2.82M)

Neither, its a memorable 7/10. Some hipdters just got as hold of it.

it's great, the combo and dodge system is still one of the best for brawlers

>Is this trash or a masterpiece?
What are you, bipolar?

it plays like nothing you’ve played before. don’t expect to fall in love with it immediately (though you might), but if you keep at it it’s a great fucking game

This game is a true test for your love for videogames

If you are unable to see past the shitty graphics and silly story... Well, its your lost.

Once you invest the time a git gud, you really start to appreciate and overrate it. Slow burn man

about to start playing now thanks anons

im stuck on elvis at the graveyard. im trash i know, but ill beat this shit one day

Attached: gene1.png (571x857, 344K)

DMC5 is infinitely better than this trash.

It's one of my favorite games, but it has a lot of things new players could complain about. The game is mad ugly on the surface, but the animation and snappiness of the combat more than makes up for the shitty textures.

Have fun, OP.

DRAGON KICK YOUR ASS INTO THE MILKY WAY

Attached: gene.png (478x358, 316K)

What the hell?!

False flag elsewhere, please.

You're better off forming your own opinion of it, but I HIGHLY recommend you try it out.

(the milky wayyy~)

The game is very unique. It's something you have to get used to because the controls and camera are fairly unconventional. It's also hard as fuck. It's a very good game though.

You're not Alexander!

They're incredibly different games.
I would love a God Hand successor that had the polish of DMC5 though. I doubt Capcom/etc would ever go for it.

>post yfw gene is a dlc character for dmc5

Its both, believe it or not

>Third character on the poster
>Long-tailed jacket with no sleeves
>It isn't Gene
I still like V, though. If Gene got added as DLC, I dunno if it'd work, but I'd give it a try anyway.

Attached: 1487969022220.jpg (882x994, 95K)

its called Balrog

it's a trashterpiece.

>Implying the story is something negative
Maybe you meant voice acting?

Got it for my birthday a few years back, played it and had a lot of fun, and my friends and I still yell God Hand quotes at each other.

The voice acting fucking MAKES it though.

Attached: 1550593163176.png (617x508, 393K)

CARD GONE WILD: JOKER!

REMEMBER TO GET YOUR PETS NEUTERED AND SPADE

okay im playing now these controls are weird but i see how im supposed to do it i just died on the first fight but im digging it

Attached: 03161cb3dae84eaad953498a2cb9ffe3.png (548x336, 393K)

>its called Balrog
except better

Attached: 1543845999341.gif (360x360, 2.58M)

If someone asked me to describe what "videogamey" means, i would point them directly to God Hand

HAHAHAHAHAHA
THIS LITTLE HUEVON IS THE GOD HAND, OH THAT'S RICH

YOU CAN FIND ME AT THE: CLUB!

You kind of have to get used to it. Think of them as faster tank controls. If you're having trouble early on then divide and conquer is the name of the game. Start feeling out the max range for the taunt or throwing objects at groups of enemies in the distance. You'll get a better feel for the combat when fighting one on one. Also don't overuse the backflip. It's got it's uses but generally ducking and weaving should be your go to as it dodges most of the stuff in the game.

BOOORING

KICKIN' YOUR ASS

Keep posting op, i want to see how you react to all the dumb shit.
Remember, the games difficulty adjusts to how well you are playing.

You can wax on wax off all you like, i will be STILL kicking your ass.

Every game Yea Forums praises always turns out to be absolute trash; God Hand was no exception.

TIME TO SHUFFLE UP AND DEAL!

t. Not Alexander

t. casual filtered by the gay dudes

Here~ I~ Co~ome~!

>posting bait to bump the thread

Chaotic Good

Women! Women! Women!

SENSEI!
ONEGAISHIMASU!

Im still blown out by how great Devil May Sly sounds

Still the best action game ever. Don't get me wrong I love DMC and Bayo and such, but God Hand left me with an itch nothing but God Hand can scratch.

Attached: godhand.png (800x450, 881K)

>can still hear WHIP IT GOOD in my nightmares

KICKIN' YOUR ASS

It hasn't aged particularly well thanks to tank controls. The controls are a bit like RE4. But it's still a fucking god tier game.

God Hand is far better than any DMC game.

I WANT A FUCKING SEQUEL
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Game is full of themes you forget are fantastic until you listen to them again.

youtube.com/watch?v=vMu47X9e-VM

Attached: 1542879390431.jpg (240x280, 40K)

God Hand 2 needs to happen, I would kill with a poison chihuahua for it.

>Keep posting op, i want to see how you react to all the dumb shit.
>Remember, the games difficulty adjusts to how well you are playing.

okay so i just got done the first level i think im in the shop rn once i learned i could pick up weapons i just smashed a nigga head in with a hammer then fought demons.

this shit plays really smoothly once you learn how to combo but i also beat a lot of the enemies by spamming triangle

really enjoying it so far tho

Bro this shit was so fucking funny. He just cames out of fucking nowhere, the stage was a damn cave too

God Hand wouldn't work without the tank controls.

The camera is weird as fuck because the dodge button is the stick. (its impossible to put the dodge anywhere else because there are 3 different types of dodge and you need to have some great speed). Get used to the tank controls
You can soft lock on by activating your roulette wheel and canceling
You deal extra damage by hitting an enemy while he is mid-attack animation
Similar to DMC, you have attacks that depend on if you are holding the stick foward or backwards.
youtube.com/watch?v=HR7YzoZ2YeI

>You deal extra damage by hitting an enemy while he is mid-attack animation
This is a big deal, OP. It's like the Crush Counters from SFV but in a good game.

This is one of my favorite games. I think this is probably my favorite combo system, changing your punches and your kicks actually has a big effect on playstyle. It is also a game that really rewards you for getting good. You can only beat it by being good at the game and by the end you feel like a boss less because your dude is upgraded and more because you've gotten good. Also really fun to play caffeinated.

This is one of those games I end up doing another playthrough of every time I see it brought up on Yea Forums.

Unironically the greatest video game ever made

It's great but holy shit the learning curve is steep.
youtube.com/watch?v=SG3i28oZauE

This

>The camera is weird as fuck because the dodge button is the stick.
yeah im having trouble with the camera more than anything else dodging is pretty hard but after seeing how i could setup combos and moves made me interested in seeing what combos i can unlock later on

im loving the game so far guys but what the actual fucking shit is this fucking voice acting its so bad that i actually love how terrible it is

Why have there been no more attempts to revitalize the beat-em-up genre since God Hand?

Be honest, Yea Forums, if you didn't have that thing, he would've won, right?

Attached: 149gi81.png (200x326, 86K)

Gene! You have to go look into this for me. It could have ties to the God Hand, you know.
*sigh*
OLIVIAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 6267217176.png (767x571, 990K)

You're not Alexander.

>revitalize the beat-em-up genre since God Hand?
i thought viewtiful joe was pretty decent

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 are both older than God Hand.

that came before

Extremely based

Attached: 1455244927927.gif (560x485, 27K)

Unironically the best game ever made.

Too much manual input demand, just sell lootboxes instead.

>that came before
yeah sorry im retarded i thought they were after what the shit was god hand actually the last decent beat em up game to come out? i wanted to revisit this genre after playing DMC5 im sad

Attached: 9a26515590fbd55514cd141b23b31a6a.jpg (236x419, 16K)

Idk, do you really want another God Hand?
For you to respond this you have to determine how much you are willing to sacrifice.

Would you want a new God Hand without Mikami on the helm? I wouldn't unless they get someone who really understands the formula

Would you like a new God Hand with a more modernized control scheme? I wouldn't because i don't know if it would still be God Hand without the same controls.

Would you want a new God Hand without Clover? Maybe

Would you like a new God Hand if they had to tone down some of its juvenile humour? Maybe, i wouldn't mind if they took stuff like ass slapping or WHIP IT WHIP IT GOOD away if they kept the rest fun still, but i know some people would definitely hate it.

If anything, i would prefer an HD port over a remake or sequel. They can excuse whatever dumb shit that the game does as a product of its time and just let it go untouched, in its flawed glory.

>scott pilgram
>castlecrashers
>bayonetta
>devil may cry 4
>ninja gaiden 2
>streets of rage 4
>dragon's crown
>mad world
>yakuza
you aren't looking hard enough.

You mean the high kick loop?

>voice acting its so bad that i actually love how terrible it is

A trash of a masterpiece

I'd take a PC port of god hand in all honesty so people could mod shit in

This guy is right.
The game is full of flaws. But the combat system is so unique and so polished it deserves to be called a masterpiece.

>*blocks your path* the character

every time

I didnt know how much i wanted this video until i watched it

>A trash of a masterpiece
i have to take a break to do my midterm but i just saw the scene where you meet the villians and holy hell im surprised this game isnt more popular because of how bad the V.A is

thanks for these recs ill looks into these when i finish god hand

anyone else got good beat em up recs?

>Shitting on the guy who did the dub for motherfucking dark schneider in bastard!!

Kill yourself

It's like Metal Gear.

You play it for the experience, not because it's an amazing game from a mechanical, pacing, story, or whatever level. You play it because it's unique and just not awful enough to distract too much from the unique charm.

If it didn't have its sense of style and atmosphere and general... feel, it'd be utter garbage. As it is, there's something about it that's really enjoyable. But it is janky as fuck, and not remotely the same kind of game as DMC.

Yeah because everyone played it and replayed it for the lolz

i didn't call it bad

Play godhand again on hard? Only thing that fills the godhand void is more godhand

Urban Reign.

God Hand is mechanically solid

Stupid

>multiplies himself

Attached: Sensei.png (768x670, 516K)

God Hand is a unique title where Mikami literally made it just how he wanted with no regard for sales or if people will actually like it, what you're playing is like 100% of his vision with no meddling.

>"I've released a lot of titles before and I feel that, perhaps specifically with regard to God Hand I was given too much freedom to make that game just as I liked," explains the Platinum Games boss. "It didn't sell too well."

>Not loving every second that spotswood in team America was talking

Daran Norris is the greatest va

Alright lads, favorite roulette move?

MAD!!
MIDGET!!
FIVE!!

"......Douchebags!"

Kung fu samba

The Warriors
Double Dragon Neon

It's arguably Mikami's best game and that's fucking saying something.

Attached: 1537687173008.jpg (1000x784, 236K)

*WHISTLE*

I LOVE IT!

It's the sort of game where I'm glad I beat it but I don't want to replay. Beat it once in other words.

Play the Yakuza games.

God Hand has the Killer7 problem where there's nothing else truly like it to scratch that itch so you just gotta replay it over and over.

The 100 Palm something something
or
the Daisy Cutter, just for that absurd spin and the fireworks

Extremely sad.

it has to be the ball buster

Ball Buster, great for getting an easy stun and it not working on female enemies and Silver is pure genius.

Literally no one did that.

>The Capcom staff thought about including Gene as a playable character in their fighting game Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, but was replaced by Amaterasu from Ōkami.
kamiyaaaaaa

okay midterm done time to smoke and get back to god hand

Attached: 1533509699020.jpg (396x385, 43K)

Based, Amaterasu is a more interesting character than Gene anyway

Beat this fucker recently without using the god hand or the roulette. Normal punches with triple kicks, sweeps, feint-guard breakers and countering him with smashing fist (one inch punch)

Attached: file.png (679x382, 319K)

ammy is cringe, imagine gene's combos

I don't know about this one, the deflection mechanic seems weird as fuck and having no basic dodge or guard kind of killed the game for me

First level is terrible for teaching new players the intricacies of the game.
Sure it start slow and introduces you to the enemies types you'll see later, but that alleyway is too fucking brutal, like holy fuck.
>You mashed your way past the first few enemies? Cool, now fight them all at the same time in a cramped corridor.
Made me drop the game my first 3 times I started it.

>tfw because I wasn't a back flipping coward I discovered the triangle sweep sooner

Attached: 1467311291270.gif (455x335, 163K)

The game keeps outdoing itself in casual filters
>that alley
>the gay dudes
>your first demon + normal enemy crowd
>elvis
>azel
>demon elvis

wish I could play it for the first time again, what a fucking rush.

Damn right, Imagine complaining about the camera when dodging demon fire balls

Attached: file.png (400x225, 159K)

Attached: f89ff19916fae4ef3b21e9659ab03c72.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Shit, Image wasn't a png

Attached: spatial awareness.gif (400x225, 1.99M)

If it's so bad that you love it, then that means its actually good, right?

>If it's so bad that you love it, then that means its actually good, right?
yes if you are considering playing this you should im glad i made this thread

>there was never a spiritual successor

REEEEEEEE

I can't get over him making RE4 and then God Hand. Guy was on fire.

just got killed by these fags for the first time i hate my life

Attached: VcGzvqM.jpg (310x350, 18K)

my hard playthrough is blocked by them

i was so close this 2nd time why the fuck is this the first boss in this game

Because they are the easiest

I honestly find azel to be easier than gold and silver.

are you fucking kidding me? these twin gay niggers are the easiest in this game? im going to have a stroke

Attached: Dgo8kLRUwAEHLok.jpg (500x532, 23K)

please keep posting

I FINALLY GOT ONE DOWN AND THE FUCKING YELLOW ONE KILLED ME

Attached: Dgq2VGBVQAEXq4E.jpg (261x195, 16K)

>expertly and painstakingly dispatch a room full of enemies, barely dodging their attacks while stringing together your offense
>tfw you K.O. the last dude and Gene nonchalantly goes into his cockyboy shuffle

I like this game.

WHIP IT! WHIP IT!

i started stomping the white one when was low health on the ground yellow nigga came over and one shot me

THEN THEY STARTED TOUCHING DICKS AS I DIED

this game is so much fun

im really enjoying myself so far even though its hard

Attached: CdnSSFvWEAAOoqB.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Try to line up a nice Roulette Move on the two of them. Being Cheesy in your first run is okay.

stomping isnt worth doing if its not a 1v1, and even then it's not that useful.

>Try to line up a nice Roulette Move on the two of them. Being Cheesy in your first run is okay.
>stomping isnt worth doing if its not a 1v1, and even then it's not that useful.

I HAD THEM I HAD THEM I HAD THEM I HAD THEM BUT THEY GRABBED ME AND DID THE TAG TEAM MOVE

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

This. Try going for an axe-kick OTG (Forward + Triangle). That opens up a free combo juggle unless they get butthurt.

I've already played it, its one of my favourite games. Glad you're enjoying it.

nah, i don't think they're the easiest.

>if you don't like a specific 3d console action game you don't like vidya
Okay retard

I DID IT FUCK THAT FIRST BOSS

Attached: 3.0.png (112x112, 38K)

Good Job. Time to sneak into best boss' crib.

He also was director and producer of both the Aladdin and Goof Troop games. Also, original RE 1-3 & Outbreak, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Devil May Cry, Phoenix Wright, and Killer 7. He no longer works for Capcom btw.

Anything with a soundtrack by Masafumi Takada is worth playing.

>Once you invest the time a git gud, you really start to appreciate and overrate it.
This game does a great job at making you feel awesome when you're doing well.

You'll see what's good soon cabron

Literally god tier music

>but it has a lot of things new players could complain about.
Other than graphics, what have other games improved upon? I'm unfamiliar with new games in the "brawler with tank controls" genre.

>This game does a great job at making you feel awesome when you're doing well.
yeah i can say that after 2 hours of gameplay after this last hour ive felt myself getting better and my level has been at 2 for a while so i feel like my comboing is improving and im getting better with the camera

Learn how to duck and weave (up on the right analog stick) enemy combos. Makes you feel like a pro and levels you up quick.