The Supernatural video game

What does Yea Forums think of a supernatural video game?
>co-op
>open world
>custom vehicle
>monster and demon fighting
>ghost hunting
>we get to use the colt
>a shit ton of other weapons like the first blade
>investigation mode to hunt for clues
>create a hunter for online mode
>produced by Warner bros who has a pretty decent game development team
>side missions as Cass and flashback missions as young Bobby Rufus
I tried to start this thread on Yea Forums but i got yelled at

Attached: angels-supernatural_00358068.jpg (1280x1024, 1001K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supernatural.fandom.com/wiki/Exorcism#Appearances
youtu.be/3su6hUqf6CE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural:_Bloodlines
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No Wincest no buy.

>Wincesters

>9/10's of the enemies are human NPC's labled Lycan, Vampire, Angel Demon, God, Demigod, etc.

Yeah, no fucking thanks.

Attached: 1552260882206.gif (269x151, 1.35M)

No dedicated "SAMMY!" button, no buy

If they set it during the British MOL invasion I think that would be kino since it would add in another hunter faction.

Does the game also start off really good but turn to shit about 15% of the way through all the way to the end?

Everything to the end of the Lucifer/Apocalypse stuff was awesome but after that it really went downhill with an occasional good episode.

Hahaha... Yea.
Have you seen the anime? The monsters are actually monsters. I was thinking more along the lines of that. Although half transformed monsters could be like mini bosses.

i've thought about this a lot. but i think it'd be better to not play as the boys -- you could just be a couple/few hunters going on missions (or just fly solo, which should be nasty-hard). monsters could be based on "real" lore, so you could look up weaknesses and such on the actual internet and decide what to believe and try to use, and what to discard. i think it's got a fuckton of potential, it would just be difficult to make as many locations as the game would need in order to be a proper Supernatural experience.

bonus points for voice recognition letting you make demons wince by saying "Christo"

shit, that was a joke but i just realized how fucking amazing it would be to have to speak exorcism recitations properly

Attached: 0pIVZ.gif (500x246, 788K)

man I'd kill for it, you just travel arround USA, looking for clues, hunting stuff, meet some stuff from the series it would be fucking awesome

I think it's shit.

Give me a Hellblazer video game.

Attached: hellblazer.jpg (1024x768, 34K)

Like coop Alan Wake?

>not playing as various monsters trying to hunt down the Winchesters/hunters
>leveling up to play as Death/Darkness for a while and just eating guys

Hellblazer supernatural crossover. They literally do the same stuff.
Monster mode would be fucking awesome. Didn't even think about that.
Around like season six or five i was like wait a minute, this looks fun as fuck.
>getting tattoos as passive perks to hide you from various monsters

I've just seen like six seasons but it's got exactly the right kind of ridiculous campy feel to work as a vidya

I fucking hate that his show covered the term WINCEST. Now i can't find old wincest story images anymore.

>I've just seen like six seasons
Good.
Now don't exceed that.

I'm at 6E12 actually just checked. I hear it gets all sorts of awful later.

YMMV. i still love the show, but it's definitely not as good as it was, early on. it should have ended with Season 5. it was perfect. but i think it's still good, at least most of the time, and there has been some great stuff.

but yeah, vidya. it would be absolutely boss. especially just as regular hunters fighting non-apocalypse-tier monsters, and highlighting how difficult and dangerous that is.

Prep and investigation should be refined as much as it can. Hunts should get easier depending on how much you investigated.

i could also see some hunts where 90% of the challenge (and 99% of the travel time) is just trying to figure out how the fuck to get whatever you need to kill the monster you're after. this thing would need to be sprawling.

>trying to figure out how the fuck to get whatever you need to kill the monster you're after
and wood chippers are off the table

Basically FFXV with 2 less backstreet boys and more guns.

>just C4 the rock where your dragon sword's stuck in
Dean, creative problem solver

kek

Actually nevermind FFXV already has a shitload of gun. Maybe just add 50 more hunts.

Don't forget the human dragon and the fucking human phoenix.

Attached: IHt-AV.gif (320x181, 1.61M)

I hear this

Meh you forgot crafting huehue. Weird that shitshow never had any games. Still watch it because fuck it.
Make it mission based, not open world. Choose a case and deal with it. Optionally have different routes for replay value. But can't think of any interesting gameplay. Either shoot or stab things great.

shoot
stab
behead
a poisoning mechanic would have a few uses
inject vamps with dead man's blood
use spells after gathering ingredients, though this is more "fulfilling objectives" and less "gameplay," it's not like magic would be an option whenever you want
dissipate ghosts with iron until you can find what you need to burn
wood chipper

>that area of the map where you just spam werewolves into wood chippers

>Men of Letters base as a save point and HQ
>having inventory selection in the trunk of the car
>hunter creation mode and online factions of different monsters.
>acquire demon werewolf vampire or angel perk.

Sure could be interesting but in the end you'd be just driving around collecting whatever is in the minimap

Supernatural went to shit after season 5.

It starts getting good at around season 11. And personally I find season 7 kino.

Is 7 the one with Dick and laviathans?

>Show is on season 14
>14 years
Jesus christ

Attached: 95a.gif (400x226, 1.64M)

Yes

I stopped watching after they turned the Darkness, the antithesis of god, into an edgy Victoria secret model that seduces Dean with .5 seconds
Did the show get better or worse after that?

I like that line of thinking, or even using it as something you unlock mid-game, with the car being the base at first. I think a mission select system similar to old X-Com or even Invisible Inc would fit well with it, as you discover peculiar stories in the news and online and choose which leads you want to follow, based on what you know and have available.

Yup. Kino. All those cock jokes. The death of bobby. More dick jokes.
>demon dean and soulless sam as side bosses

it's kinda gone up and down. but the whole Darkness thing makes some sense: we already had God in human form, not a super big deal, there, and Amara's connection with Dean was supernatural in itself, and existed because of the Mark and because Dean freed her

right now we have a nephilim on the show. shit just got real interesting with him, too.

>the death of Bobby
the WHAT

Attached: 1468772543058.jpg (1680x1050, 233K)

Would Sam and Dean give up on saving people halfway through and just start murdering every possessed human with magic knives because it's easier, or would it be like that from the start?

Attached: 1551323139150.jpg (520x544, 67K)

Don't worry, they go to heaven and get his soul back.

>Ah, one more thing, sorry almost forgot...

Attached: columbo-looking-ass-nigga.jpg (530x400, 24K)

>when you beat Lucifer for the 5th time

Attached: 717.png (569x629, 656K)

depends on the situation. demons are pretty fucking dangerous and sometimes you're just gonna be throwing your life away if you try for an exorcism.

heh, that's joked about, too

>we get to use the colt
Unless you forced the player to use it against certain enemies, it'd just be like potions in RPGs where you save them for an emergency, but no emergency is ever good enough so you end up finishing the game without ever using any.

Also, it's not remotely the same, but if you're into occult settings and aren't physically disgusted by MMO combat, there's The Secret World. It's F2P these days, unless they shut it down. It's good if you don't treat it like a singleplayer game instead of an MMO. It's got mysteries to solve, too.

Attached: ea_tsw_1.jpg (1280x720, 827K)

>sometimes you're just gonna be throwing your life away if you try for an exorcism.
>sometimes
When was the last time they actually exorcised someone?

>Dean dies multiple times in one level

>death doesn't ever end in a game over
>it just gives the other character a "muh brother" buff and sends them on a side mission to resurrect the him
>gets harder and more outlandish each time

Attached: g2_139.gif (200x200, 4K)

Wait, what? Huh? You know no one dies in this show. The boys got into hell guns blazing to pull bobby out of there. Bobby comes back with demon powers. But you ever noticed the executive producers name is robert singer.

Also all characters must be voiced by original actors.
Also, supernatural is produced by Warner bros who produced DC films (right?) Could the boys survive in the DC universe? Theyre pretty much Zatana and Constantine

>Constantine
Fuck, that show was so good. Why couldn't it get 14 seasons too? It was even produced by the same network.

Attached: WF6sCkU.jpg (2048x1362, 568K)

He's died a couple of times now

Right now we have alternate apocalypse-dimension Bobby

Bro, literally just a few words. Sam was really good at it by season three or four right?
>Sometimes i think theyre serial killers with collective delusions brough on by watching their dad burn theyre mom to death.

It went the same path Game of Thrones did in that important characters stopped dying. This is why I enjoy Jojo and Japanese media, they’re less forgiving in that regard. I’m being 100% unironic, this post isn’t bait.

I lost at muh brother buff but the other part is legit. Single player missions would be hard as fuck.
>tfw theres no one to cut off the enemies head at the last second

Kek

I agree, but I can forgive it in a setting where people can literally go to hell and pull someone out of it.

>now we're friends with Lucifer's son

It got shoved into Legends of Tomorrow and Constantine is constantly whining over a dude he fucked for a while and got killed by demons. I don't care about the gay shit but the fact that Constantine is only shitting around about this is horribly OC. He doesn't even bitch about his daughter this much.

Scoob and the gang DLC

Attached: 59566f5c-baf4-4dfa-a7e0-64c99a0f1920.gif (540x250, 845K)

Velma wanting to bang Sam at the end got a kek out of me.

Hahahaha. Fuck yes. That was a great episode. Imagine doing multiple renditions of scooby doo episodes just with a touch of supernatural.

>When was the last time they actually exorcised someone?
well, they've tried a few times relatively recently, at least: supernatural.fandom.com/wiki/Exorcism#Appearances

Crowley is still dead, my man.

>Could the boys survive in the DC universe?
sure! especially since Lucifer from the DC universe already has a television incarnation and he's a great fucking guy who doesn't wanna burn up the world even a little

also, uh, video games

Attached: lucifer.jpg (940x529, 60K)

So, basically, the Witcher but with cars, booze and guns?

Supernatural is garbage, but I sure do love it.

Only for the first 4/14ths of the game

Yea man. I dunno know why i still watch it. But i love it. Like the episode that broke the 4th wall and made them play themselves as the actors. Brilliant.

>What, you're Polish, now?

One of my favorite parts is the scene with the suicial teddy bear.
youtu.be/3su6hUqf6CE

Gays should be hanged

Pretty much, but it would need more actual detective work instead of magical witcher senses

Unless you use a spell. How would you obtain shit like griffin feathers and holy man blood?

>and Japanese media, they’re less forgiving in that regard
no kidding

Attached: 563456.jpg (2160x1920, 487K)

Literally my face if they made this game

Attached: IMG_5061.gif (300x151, 836K)

but uhhhh lesbians are fine since I can masturbate watching them. You're disgusting human being that should be hanged first.

Attached: 1497127463830.jpg (400x400, 38K)

I include them too

The game needs to keep the same vibe of the first seasons, where even a single demon could be dangerous as fuck.

A cute girl I like told me I look like this guy. Is that good or no?

amen.

women tend to find that character very attractive

She thinks you're attractive

But also wants to see you fuck other men

I'm straight and I still watch this show

me too. my dad and i have gotten together and watched every episode, usually a day or two after air, since season 2. i love it.

while i'm blogging and all
he sadly lost interest in Arrow. i still love that one, too. so glad they've dialed back from the fucking magic and shit, though.
that said, the Elseworlds Arrow/Flash/Supergirl crossover was fucking excellent.

>vampire gets the drop on you
>turns you instead of killing you
>now you take minor damage in sunlight and have other hunters randomly appear to try and kill you
>unless you manage to find some extremely rare components for the cure before you feed -- which is difficult because the game can take control of your character and force you to do so, if you're not careful
>but hey, at least you can see in the dark

Attached: gordon.jpg (299x169, 4K)

>tfw just binged and caught up to this show basically on a whim (on season 13)
>suddenly Yea Forums thread

Nani

There's an anime..?

Supernatural was only good in the first three seasons

Not for a while since they got their hands on the demon knife and can kill demons permanently instead

>my dad and i were into season 3 of game of thrones before he died
>I havent watched any since.

there is indeed. i haven't seen it, either.
>Netflix
>unavailable
>Prime
>unavailable
god dammit

cool! thanks for stopping by!

not true. check the second reply to the post you replied to. (and they've had the knife for a LONG time. thanks, Ruby, you incredibly hot slut)

>i'm something called.. a Jared Padalecki?

>There's an anime..?
And it's actually pretty good. Even has the show's actors voicing themselves.

i'm so sorry, user

That character is considered physically attractive, so yes, that is good

They are still just as strong, it's just that Sam and Dean have dealt with so many higher tier enemies that having them job to basic demons all the time would dampen the power fantasy that the show is made of.

I would kill for a supernatural game or a game that is similar. Some games come close but it's not the same.

Also they're literally the only american hunters with demon killing tools (afaik), except for Asa Fox, who had an angel blade, but he's already dead the same episode they introduce him

Attached: sam_laugh.jpg (480x270, 22K)

>Fights pagan gods, angels, demons, mythological creatures, deals with several apocalypses and alternate worlds.

There already is a Supernatural video game, its called SMT.

>start out as a newbie hunter
>couple of close calls hunting low level vamps
>git gud at taking monsters out over the years
>cross paths with the Winchesters
>become a red shirt and die in 0.5 seconds

Sauce?

hearty kek

my dad's really getting up there. i think about it constantly. try to make every second count, you know? we're gonna meet up in a bit for some VR zombie-killing, in fact. i really wish this universe weren't so fucking heartless, though.

>meet Winchesters
>your options are:
>run
>game over

On thing i like about this show is family values. As cheesy as it sounds. The fact that youll go to hell and back for you brother time and time again. I have two brothers and all i think about is how much of this would i do for them.

>gameplay would be heavily co-op based

>gameplay would be heavily co-op based
good stuff.

Yea Forums - Television & Feels

Attached: small heart.jpg (850x754, 15K)

It didn't have Jensen Ackles until the last episode

I'd rather have a video game of that one spinoff episode from season 9, with the monster mafia in Chicago.

Attached: MV5BMjA4NDg1Mzc3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc0Mjk2MTE@._V1_.jpg (800x533, 400K)

That was quite possibly the worst episode in the entire 301 episode series.

So would the monsters actually look like monsters, or would it be more faithful to the show and have them just be people with contacts and makeup?

Attached: 1543003304342.png (639x480, 351K)

I always thought Telltale would make a really great series of Supernatural games. Episodic, solve mysteries, doesn't need to be grounded anywhere in the story. Episodes about John or the Boys, Castile heaven focused episodes. The potential is high.

>The potential is high.
not anymore, unless sam and dean can bring telltale back from the dead

>not anymore, unless sam and dean can bring telltale back from the dead
oh, snap.

but i agree, user, total missed opportunity.

I disagree. Potential for a spin-off.

A spin-off that'd die after the pilot an be a huge waste of money for the studio.

Here's your spin-off bro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural:_Bloodlines

Mini series?

>having them job to basic demons all the time would dampen the power fantasy that the show is made of
monster killing adventure made the show, power creep made it boring.

>secret trickster levels

Attached: trickster moustache.gif (400x226, 920K)

H-hey guys, what do you thing of a game that has [long list of features]?

Y'all fall for this shit every time.

He was better before they retconned him being Loki and made some faggy edgelord Loki instead.

Pretty sure the Originals already took the idea user.

What the fuck did Daphne do?

Attached: D9BBF556-3463-4A19-B80A-C20AF15F7B76.gif (500x281, 291K)

Warner bros games
Combining mad max open world driving with batman stealth monster fighting combo system.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural:_Bloodlines
not that user, but holy shit. so that's exactly what that episode was. like a stealth pre-pilot.

she's a bad girl, user

Yeah just like the one that focused on that female cop I can't remember the name of and her orphans, that was also supposed to be a pilot for basically Supernatural: Girl power edition.

ah, Jody. heh, that's pretty good. i do like her.

Ummm.. How far have you gotten into the show? Have you seen it? If so, are you implying it wouldn't be a fun game?

Why do they keep gender swapping mythological creatures? Male Siren, male Arachne, male Gorgon.

i dunno, they're kinda low-key "gender equality" so that's probably all it is

Random no name Demon pops up and Dean knows.

Hey, what's up Dean. Remember when you fucked us over for the "x" time. We kidnapped your boy Sammy, yet again. You have 36 hours to kill 1000 humans to get us some souls in hell, if you don't comply, Sammy dies. Don't believe us? Shows a live video of him that goes out in 4 seconds, Sam and Dean talks to each other for 3 seconds tops to show proof of life.

Oh, Dean, remember that pie you smashed in the diner yesterday? We added a little something extra to it, so we know where you are at, it will leave your body in 48 hours naturally, so don't worry, harm you in any way. Someone will be watching. Oh, don't think you will get any help from your angel dog this time, the location is Angel protected.

Before Dean freaks out and kills him and says Sammy a few time, well, get to the killing, time's a wasting?

Bam, a quest. No other leads, besides what was given current season 14 setting.

>what would Dean do Yea Forums

Who's hyped for Crowley coming back in the finale?

forgot pic

Attached: 5x11.jpg (530x600, 51K)

Try herpexia!

Attached: herpexia.jpg (500x281, 39K)

>calls Cass/Crowley/Lucifer

Learn to live with genital Herpes.

I think a co-op game like the hunt/deep rock galatic would be cool with randomly generated monsters.

bald manlet a best Rowena is also top tier milf

>Before Dean freaks out and kills him and says Sammy a few time
my fucking sides

but okay, i'll tell you exactly what he would do. and, please keep in mind, i love the show, i love the writers, but i'm being realistic
>Dean starts to build a bomb
>lots of emotional second-guessing with a friend like Cass or, now, Jack
>bomb is done
>moment has come
>deus ex machina
>all is well

Castiel was meant to be Constantine but they couldn't get the rights.
Now Crowleys actor is playing a character on Doom patrol who is also a Constantine stand-in

top kek
o
p

k
e
k

Hellblazer wouldn't make a good video game. He spends more time reciting random babylonian spells and pulling magic artifacts out of his ass that magically solve his problems rather than combat.