Let's start with an easy one

Let's start with an easy one

Attached: Jhin Solve.jpg (1000x1024, 385K)

50%

25%

75%

0.63*0.63*0.63*1.00 = about a 25% chance, yes?

I don't know shit about probability or even high school level math, but wouldn't it be (63/100)^3, and then one that automatically crits? So a 25% chance to get 3 in a row, plus the one you know you'll get?

this is correct

We've mastered 4th grade math

0% because Jhin only ever crits on his 4th shot

I only have a 2nd grade education. you expect me to solve this shit? WELL GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

Wouldn't it just be 0.63 to the power of 3?

50% it either happens or it doesent

50% It will happen or not.

>OP says lets START with an easy one
>Posts one simplistic math problem and then disappears forever.

Correct

fuck off faggot.

You're not fooling anyone Kurisu

>thread is 10 minutes old

Your target has 5391 health. Your autoattack does 10 damage + 5% of the target's current health.
How many autoattacks will it take to kill the target given you having a 23% crit chance

I don't want to do this one because I'm a moron. Post one for a moron like me.

Do you mean on average? Because your criteria is non deterministic

If my anime wife isn't asking me the question I'm not obliged to answer

That depends on the crit damage multiplier.

Pretty sure league is always 2x. The question is whether the % health passive stacks with the crit.

FOUR!!

the real meltdown happens when you don't specify which shot is the guaranteed crit :)

10.38%
.47^3 (*1)

I thought Jhin or whatever his name was couldn’t crit at all, and crit chance increases his crit damage on his 4th shot.

Still 25% chance regardless of where the freebie is

Attached: D50ED5E8-C139-4E7B-8B37-61809DAB8A5B.jpg (600x600, 38K)

the 4th shot is specified to crit which is the last shot are you retarded

90 lbs so yea

League's crit system follows the gambler's fallacy though.

that belonged to ME! I"M THE SKELETON

I got the 4th shot and I started having 5 digit decimals so I stopped

You sure about that, skelly?

league's crit chance is rigged, the devs mentioned this themselves

Formulas please

Does the 63% crit chance include the fact that the 4th shot is guaranteed to crit? Or do only shots 1-3 have a 63% crit chance?

that's not how jhin works, your other shots can crit but your last one is a guaranteed crit

joke's on all of you the person obviously has an ability that gives 100% crit chance after 3 non-crits

0% because I'm immune to crit

Now THIS. IS. ART..

It's really fucking simple you spaghetti dropping losers. 63 out of 4 hits is like, 15.75%. This means we have a 15.75% chance to even be able to crit every single hit BUT WAIT FAGTARD, just like your A.D.D. we gotta add in the 100% chance to crit on the 4th hit os we got a 115.75% chance to crit which makes since since we know for a fact we'll get at least one. Then we need to consider our miss chance per shot which is 37% per shot. 115.75 - (37*3) = 4.5% chance. We have only a 4.5% chance to get 4 crits in a row. Wow, so fucking hard.

Fucking duh

Just follow the rules. OP asks for the "Odds" which can be expressed mathematically.

The 4th shot will always be a crit, therefore it equals 100%(1.0) and doesn't need to be counted. Only 3 shots out of the 4 have a variable outcomes of 0.67. Multiply those 3 shots against themselves (0.67 * 0.67 * 0.67) to get your result of 25% odds of getting 4 crits.

My IQ rose 1%*1000 reading this.

8.62%
The chance getting the next crit is 63% of 63%, then the third would be 63% of that.
Enumeration combinatorics

If it's Xcom and I'm the one doing the shots, 0%.

Attached: 757 copy.jpg (1022x547, 57K)

Stop lying and get back into the stack.

Attached: skeleton-heroes-of-might-and-magic.png (600x604, 8K)

0.63^3

This.

assuming crit damage is 2x and includes the % based damage.

clickety clack I aint goin back

Explain why I'm wrong.

Because it's not the correct answer

62 if I didn't fuck up

Attached: file.png (1214x241, 32K)

Didn't factor in crit you brainlet

>-12.3
retard

You should be able to solve this unless you're a brainlet mathlet piece of genetic dog shit.

Attached: problem.png (521x193, 42K)

Attached: file.png (937x960, 657K)

Attached: sweat.jpg (200x200, 8K)

25%, assuming that 63% to crit also factors in miss chance or shields or the houses not being blue.

B because 25 is listed twice and 25 is what it would be if all answers were different.

none of them are correct

Attached: b.png (800x450, 146K)

This is a trick question. You're supposed to pick an answer at random. The answer you pick will always be right.

i tried

Attached: 847357834.jpg (500x327, 19K)

Attached: file.png (1000x1024, 941K)

when the answer is 50% that makes it 1 in 4, so picking it at random would be a 25% chance, but there are two 25% answers, which gives you 50% again
it's like a "this sentence is false" paradox

>63%
>63%
>63%
>100%
so 289% chance.

fuck it's multiplication it's 60

15? is once glass of beer half of two glasses or a new symbol completely?

Attached: CAPITATIPAC.png (275x296, 167K)

0 because you have to hit them.

one burger equals 5
one mug equals 2
one bottle equals 10
order of operations, the mug and bottle multiply before adding the burger

>that fucking condescending “you should be able to solve this” thrown in there when the question is designed to be as ambiguous as possible.

Attached: 8bc0b8d6d9086493f62087e95837dc44_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>25
>one mug equals 2
based retard

Attached: file.png (1000x1024, 925K)

You know what's really funny? I saw the 4 mugs versus 1 mug thing, but my brain actually failed to do the basic arithmetic afterwards. Please bully me, I deserve it.

Attached: image (1).png (150x148, 4K)

fuck me I can't even save an image right

Attached: 158.png (447x378, 11K)

x + x + x =30
3x=10
x=10

x + y + y =20
10 +2y = 20
2y = 10
y=5

y + z + z = 9
5 + 2z = 9
2z = 4
z = 2

y + z + x = ?
5 + 2 + 10 = 17

damit typo
3x=30
x=10

no, the final ratio of boys:girls will be 1:1

Attached: file.png (252x48, 3K)

yikes

you're not just dumb to need to write out equations for simple shit like that, but also blind

There's multiplication in the last line

Retarded too
x + x + x = 30
3x = 10
what the fuck?

Attached: 1439447477461.jpg (1100x3300, 235K)

53 is the expected number of hits. Here's the script:

def damage(health, crit):
counter = 0
while health > 0:
health -= (0.05 * health * crit)
health -= (10 * crit)
counter += 1
return counter

print (damage(5391, 1.23))

Here's an easy one for you Yea Forums

Attached: 1545651506882.jpg (995x1016, 192K)

I am following the rules. I am just asking for clarifications. brainlet.

>le 2d meme xD

>1 beer bottle = 10
>1 burger = 5
>2 beer mugs = 2
>5 + 1 x 10
>50

>he needs to write a simulation to solve a math problem

Attached: 1542357503232.png (403x448, 53K)

Is the sex of a child is determined to be 50%, then the boy:girl ratio will remain at 50% because the king isn't changing the results of the dice roll (by killing the sons) he's just preventing more dice rolls from being thrown.

Realistically speaking, a family might kill their offspring if the child ended up being male because they wanted a bigger family than they already had.

>simulation
It's a fucking calculation. I didn't simulate jack because I assumed expected value (1.23 instead of using a random function call). I just didn't want to write it out.

STOP
WASTING
GOOD
CHARACTERS
ON
LEAGUE

FUCK RIOT

>adding before multiplying

do you have to fill 4 boxes or is filling less than 4 allowed

also is 4 enough that you would consider a diagonal across the > to make it into a not >?

Attached: 80.png (995x1016, 597K)

>uses a while loop and a counter
>I-ITS NOT A SIMULATION
you need to go back to school bucko

people can have another child after having a girl

gg ez

Attached: ez.png (841x853, 747K)

Here's an easy one for you:

How many times will you have to actually solve math problems in your everyday life after leaving school?

The answer may surprise you. It's zero.

Attached: 1531610947642.jpg (500x427, 23K)

imagine for a seoncd, just fucking imagine you were locked in one of Jigsaw's rooms and you woke up and the TV came on and you heard those dreaded words "i want to play a game" and he made you solve math problems but with a twist to try and throw you off and if you didn't solve them he'd have a very thin glowing rod inserted into your pee hole.

>go to the grocery store
>cant count
based

100% chance because I'm not a lucklet

What the fuck are you counting at the grocery store? Just get the food you are going to cook with and leave.

ez
make the 30 into a 9.8

how does this contradict anything I said

But he didn’t, retard

you must be really Irish

Holy shit you're right. He skipped the adding completely and went straight to 5x10.

Attached: 1364283864659.png (429x295, 222K)

His other attacks can crit you autist, they just do less damage since he gets damage from crit chance.

how the fuck

>Class HelloWorld
>String []args
>Global vars
>Global counter
>total isnt used
>Java
>Awful theme

For fuck sake. Get out of CS101 before you post this shit. Use python, R, Matlab, C, or hell even javascript for this kinda shit. Java is extremely heavy.

>3 bottles = 30
1 bottle is 10.
>1 bottle + 2 burgers = 20
1 burger = 5
>1 burger + 4 beers = 9
1 beer = 1

5 + 1 x 10 = 15

All four shots crit because I don't fuck around

Beer = 10
Burg = 5
Pint = 1

So 15

>NA
>Critting all 4 shots

I might have believed you if you said you were corean

>Work in data science
>Constantly doing Fourier transforms or adapting calc principals to my job
But I also worked in as a waiter and I found the logic gained from math was invaluable

>corean
>American

Problem solving is invaluable, I agree. But I rarely ever find myself having to do dumb equations like most of the ones posted in this thread. Fred will never have 3 apples and take 1 apple while being half the age of his sister and then ask you how old his sister will be in 5 years.

>how to reveal you are underaged: the post
anyone who works a real job uses math all the time

You were sayin'?

Attached: snip.jpg (940x811, 93K)

It's "Koriian" stupidfag

i thought it was "gook"

Imagine being so unbelievably retarded that you think logic is only applicable to math. Every day I'm reminded that I'm posting on a board filled with people who haven't graduated high school.

i thought it was kung pao chicken

not enough information given.
does this carry on past the kings life?
what is the average life span of the 2 adults creating children, and what ages do they start at?
is this limited ONLY to the current generation?
all 3 of these generate different answers.

>gun is level
>bullet shoots upward
???

Let x be a bottle.
Let y be a burger.
Let z be a mug of beer.
3x = 30
x = 10
x + 2y = 20
2y = 5
y = 5
y + 2z + 2z = 9
4z = 4
z = 1
y + z * x
= 5 + 1 * 10
= 5 + 10
= 15

You really can't answer this question, because it would be a unilateral assumption that one mug is half of the two mugs symbol when it could be any other number.

20 > .80

>it could be any other number
We know that 2 mugs = 2, how the fuck could 1 mug equal anything but 1?

>looking to argue about math on a board made for the discussion of a hobby for children
>surprised people are retarded children
>and you're one of them

Attached: 1660d3f6dd9039279222cea0f3f37bbd.jpg (1024x747, 75K)

>the virgin Australian
>the Chadnadian

can you explain why this doesn't hold

I have one for you OP.
>Your chance to crit is 50%
You're playing an RPG, and I have blindfolded you.
You're character dual wields, and attacks with both weapons on your turn.

You ask me "What happened?"

I respond with "One of your two attacks just so happened to crit by chance!"

You ask "Which one?"

Refusing to answer "I won't tell you. I also won't tell you if the other attack crit or not!"

>What is the chance both of your attacks happen to crit in this situation?

It's 25%

I didnt say it cant hold.
We could assume the king finds out about pregnancies, and if suddenly the wife is no longer pregnant, and has no child, that she had a male child, killed it, so she could keep haing kids.
To which the King would ban her anyways.

But questions I asked changed outcomes.
The only way to answer accurately, is to write out the max number of possible outcomes, which we dont know, since not enough information was given.
If this continues indefinitely, then by probability, all human life ends, since we need 2.5 people born per family, on average, to continue as a species. there would be roughly 1.5~ children per family with this method. (I say 1.5~ because the numbers after the decimal are based on life spans)

But what if the children didnt have to follow this rule as the next generation?
then it evens out again.

>Autism the post

Im going to write out every possible outcome:
crit/hit
hit/crit
crit/crit

since we know at least one was a normal crit, there is no situation where you had hit/hit w/o a crit.
3 possible outcomes, and only 1 is a crit/crit.

upset i clarified the original paradox, so it cant be interpreted differently?

it's 50% retard

you're thinking of the Boy and Girl paradox.
In this version, there's only 3 possible outcomes, so the answer can only every be X/3.

Human life ending doesn't affect the boy:girl ratio. It's just 0:0 (equal) at that point, no?

yeah you're right

33%.

correct, thats what i mean, a 0:0 means the king failed.
but the king could succeed given x number of attempts, based on probability (and could still fail)

so a 1.5 out of 3.
gotcha.

Attached: 7f12ee06c45a2088559d4ffb4dcfb89e8972501e.jpg (495x750, 46K)

I'm really dumb then. I don't understand why there isn't enough information in the question to assert that probabilistically the king should fail.

Gold and light blue

Interesting, however the wording on the last sentence is incredibly vague. The fact that you used the word "both" led me to believe that you're doing some gotcha shit and asking what is the chance of *both* attacks being crits.

There is no Australian flag on that picture you dumb fucking Canuck

lets say you're given an infinite number of tries to flip a coin, IF you land on tails.
If you land on heads, you lose, and you can never try again.

Every time you lands on tails, you have another 50% chance for the game to end, cutting your chances of continuing in half.
You'd cut it in half indefinitely.

Chances are, you wont get very far.

You have a 50% chance the game ends on turn 1, and 50% chance the game continues on turn1.
if it continues, even just once, you succeed in having more turns than 1.

The question isnt asking what are the chances the next child is male or female, but if this method WILL get more females.
(It also suggests other players)
If you have a room of 1,000 players, how many of those people will hit tails, and get a 2nd turn? 50%~ of them.
So the number of games played SHOULD be higher than 50%~. (but 50%~ should lose on turn 1)

the original paradox was far more vague.
Im sure a less vague version could be created, but thats the best I could do, to get the original intent of the creator in that question.
If you used coins instead, and asked whats the chances both flips were tails, and you know one of them happen to land on tails, it might seem less vague, somewhat.
The original question doesnt actually want u to answer what the percentage chance is, but to figure out the trick, which is hidden in its vague question. Once u know the trick, u know the answer.

>Australia doesn't even apply
>this somehow disproving my point

I guess a better way to put it, the kings plan is a 50% chance to work, and 50% chance to fail.
You cant say it WILL work, or it WONT work, because we cant know.
but other factors can limit the numbers, such as reaching 0:0 ratio, which means theres a higher leaning chance it fails (but possible it doesnt)

But, as im typing this, i ran into another issue not mentioned, which i need to calculate, which is that 1 male is all u need, to continue a family, and a family line might be considered the combination, or just the male. Id imagine the question intended the male being "the family line" but what if the male takes up the womans family name? What if he can remarry? etc

Yeah, I guess the question is whether or not the wording is meant to be deceptive or not. If not, you can just say: "What is the chance of the second attack critting?"

the second attack implies the 1st attack crit, which is more deceptive.

guaranteed replies for misleading probability questions

also, the children are considered part of the family, so are the children prevented from having kids as well, if the parents have a male child?

>I guess a better way to put it, the kings plan is a 50% chance to work, and 50% chance to fail.
I don't know how you arrived here.

As for the coins experiment, in the end you will have a 1:1 ratio of heads to tails - in other words, a 1:1 ratio of boys to girls which fails under the kings law.

I apologize, you're typing paragraphs and my low IQ brain just doesn't understand anything. Good luck.

Looks fine to me, what's your objection?

What do you mean? We already know that attack 1 crits, the only question now is the probabability of the 2nd attack being a crit, which means that asking the percentage of both attacks critting is, by definition, more misleading, even if you add the "in this situation" at the end.

>we already know that attack 1 crits
Except we literally do not know which attack crits in both this scenario and in the original image.

you said the very thing i meant.
>in the end you will have a 1:1 ratio of heads to tails - in other words, a 1:1 ratio of boys to girls
You cant guarantee if 50-50 will happen, what if its 51-49? Its a probability.
There could be a near impossible chance that causes all heads for every single person in the room.

The questions not asking what are the chances, or how many boys/girls there will be.
it only asks, will the kings plan work?
its asking for an absolute answer.
Its like saying "Im going to flip this coin twice, and it WILL land on heads once, and tails once, and no other combination, right?"

you're correct, but the phrasing "2nd attack" implies an "attack order", even though it doesnt have to mean that, in this case, you simply mean "The other attack, which we havent established yet".
Thats all I was meaning by its confusing.
(Its the same problem with the original paradox, the question did something just like that, making an implication that mostly comes off one way, but meant something else)

You're right, my mistake. Still the difference between asking "% of both attacks criting" and "% of the other attack criting" is crucial.

I should mention the "in this situation" was just making sure they reflect back on me saying
>"One of your two attacks just so happened to crit by chance!"
Just so happened
by chance

so they knew it wasnt a "forced" crit, which is what most people got from pic related.

Attached: 1551838795076.png (390x345, 11K)

how are you grouping?
>as presented: bottle 10, * mug 2 plus burger 5 =25
>grouping mug and burger times bottle (5+2)*10= 70

In some cases there will be multiple girls but in NO cases will there be multiple boys. Hence, it must work, eventually.

But the event already happened so if you know that one of your attacks was a crit the only thing that matters is the one they are not telling you, so it should be 50% that the unknown attack was a crit

0% - They all miss.

Here's a more interesting question:

If I told you the answer A was correct, do you know if D is incorrect?

1/3
crit/crit
hit/crit
crit/hit

the question you're trying to answer in that picture is a trick question.

The goal is to determine how its possible for the part that says
>"At least one is a crit"

Once you figure out how to do that, you can solve the equation.
Problem is, more than 1 way works in this example. (Real world situations can only be done one way, but video games can be done differently.)

The original "Boy and Girl Paradox" relied on real world limitations, this question does not.
50% is one of the 2 normal answers.

Already said that in reply to the original post where i rephrased it as; (technically in the next post.)

>Hence, it must work, eventually.
This is faulty logic.