The remake of the original Utawarerumono is coming west in early 2020

The remake of the original Utawarerumono is coming west in early 2020.

gematsu.com/2019/03/utawarerumono-prelude-to-the-fallen-coming-west-in-early-2020

Anyone hyped? I know some people doubted it would happen because of low sales, but apparently it's still happening.

Attached: uta_full_ps4_esrb_white.png (1920x1242, 2.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Utawarerumono-Chiriyukumonoheno-Komoriuta-Premium-PlayStation-4/dp/B0776YQRTB/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3KRHAQMFBXN0B&keywords=utawarerumono&qid=1552355037&s=gateway&sprefix=utawa,aps,238&sr=8-9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>vita
the absolute madmen

Yeah, kinda bummed out it's digital only but that's still pretty good considering they stopped producing cartridges.

The reason the JP version had low sales is because the ps4/vita was the 4th time it was released over there.
I'm more sad that it's NISA doing it, but maybe they'll do okay here?

>VITA
WHATNIGGAIJUSTIMPORTEDTHISFUCK
YES
YEEEES

WE GETTIN AN ENGLISH PATCH BOYS

I was more thinking that the mask games sold poorly in the west, hence the remake wouldn't come over, but alas they must've done well enough since it's still coming.

I plan on getting it. Here's hoping 2-2 gets localized soon.

I remember reading/hearing somewhere that 2/3 sold better than Atlus expected.
I just don't think they had high expectations to begin with.
Also, the people who pushed and worked on the localization for 2/3 aren't at atlus anymore.

I wonder if that means that there's a realistic chance for zan to come over aswell.

Zan's not worth localizing, you're not missing anything at all by playing it in Japanese

All Nisa has to do is copy and paste the fan translation minus the hentai scenes.... Nisa should have no problems here... they can't possibly fuck this up.... right guys?

NISA has passed the mantle to bioware, but maybe they feel like their top spot as number one console brickers is in danger so they gonna do some extra work on this one.

I'm not sure sony these days would let 2-2 pass.

The fan translation actually sucks though, even if NISA messes it up it'll still be better

>The fan translation actually sucks though

I thought it was fine. Compare that to the initial Ys viii translation from Nisa.... it really makes fan translations look godly.

I wonder if the translation is going to be consistent with the sequel translations. It would suck if they suddenly changed how names are spelled between games. Oh and please dear god I hope they can contain their autism to completely rename characters like they did with esty erhard in atelier rorona.

Attached: 1536469898160.png (1040x932, 599K)

The problem with the names is that they are based on a nearly extinct oral language so only experts on Ainu history and language can even hope to get them right.

They're gonna use Hakuowlo, which is the official romanization so it'll probably be fine

Well i already played original long time ago but since i have both mask games i may as well get this
>NISA
or maybe not

Yeah, but most of the old cast showed up in 2 and 3, so they already have "localized names". I don't care if they are spelled wrong, I would just like it if they are at least consistent. I remember in the fantranslation it was spelled Aruruw for example, while the official one has her as Aruruu.

The translators who translated 2 and 3 are freelancers so it's possible that NISA might grab them for this.

uggg... i don't like that, i'm used to Hakuoro. Which pretty much every other translation uses including the official anime and 2/3.

Attached: 1530098123589.jpg (1920x1080, 540K)

It's how aquaplus writes it though

Attached: boi.png (677x635, 664K)

But, Hakuoro rolls so much easier off the tounge. Like, it sounds like a proper name. Hakuowlo sounds like a bad furry alternate name for him

Aren't owlos like some sort of feudal lords? I thought he's hakuowlo because he's basically the leader of tuskur.

Ok. Be honest here. I watched the Original Utawarerumono anime, and ended up playing the original game on pc.

Is it worth investing in a vita or whatever to play the sequals? I just never got around to doing so, and want to know if its worth it with this comming out`?

Nah, not Owlo. Its Ouro, I think. And he was named after Tuskurs son and not of his status.

Do you actually want to play the sequels?

This is the remake of the first one, if you already played it I doubt you'll get much from this release. The sequels are very good, the second game has a slow start that some people really dislike, but the third game is one of the wildest rides I've ever witnessed.

I can honestly say, I dont know anything of them. Which is why I am asking if they are worth checking out.

3 > 1 > 2
3 has some really fantastic parts that you shouldn't miss. The games are kinda cheap now so I'd say go for it.

Well, I will get this one just for the merch and I want to the series.

Mind just telling me if the sequels are like very much attached to the story of the first or if its like only in the same world?

Since you already played the first one you probably know that yuzuha had a daughter. She's basically the main heroine of the sequels. They are very much tied together and continue the story.

They're very well done, so if you liked the first one, I imagine you'd enjoy the other two as well.

That info alone, just because Yuzuha is best girl. . I will 100% get those. Thanks a lot!

>Is it worth investing in a vita or whatever to play the sequals?

It's also out on ps4. Just get it there. And yes it's worth it, it's a really good story.

Attached: 2017-06-01-042323.jpg (960x544, 100K)

Just need to get myself a ps4 first then. Theyre not too expensive enemies anymore so that wont be too difficult I guess.

I will absolutely be getting those in the near future then.

Attached: Utawarerumono_ Mask of Truth_20190312015042.jpg (1920x2160, 1.19M)

>vita
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
IT'S PERFECT FOR THE SWITCH!!!!!!!!!
ON THE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

>NISA

Aight, no worries. I was going off how they spelled it in the fantranslation of Utawarerumono. Almost sure it was written Ouro there, but I might be remembering wrong.

I'm happy about it even with >NISA.
I just wanted to own the entire trilogy physically in English.

>NISA
yikes

>nisa instead of atlus
Does this mean the translation might be inconsistent with 2/3

>PlayStation only

Attached: Shaq; i sleep.jpg (600x537, 38K)

Will there be sex scenes?

nope, not on playstation. It's gonna be the all ages version where all the hentai is cut. I won't be surprised of lots of scenes are also censored compared to the JP version.

Attached: 2017-06-08-072713.jpg (960x544, 113K)

Attached: ouro.png (640x480, 632K)

are you a functioning, well adjusted member on society?

No. Uta didn't need sex scenes anyways, but it came out at a time where they needed the sex to sell like Fate/Stay Night

>console vn
>sex scenes

>no Switch
Ugh fuck them. Fine I won’t buy it. They must hate money!!

Tho honestly, I won't have mind sex scenes... the drawings are very very nice and hot...

Attached: 2017-06-04-101632.jpg (960x544, 93K)

>F/SN
>needed to
>when mana transfer is part of lore instead of just being romantic
lmao

I was watching the TV series (26 episodes I think) because it was supposedly an adaptation of the first game so then I could play Mask of Deception and Truth.
Should I stop watching it and wait for this to be released?

>Not Zan
Lost my boner, the first Utaware is shit.

It honestly depends on how fast you want to go through it. Early 2020 means that it's at least 9 months away.

it uses artstyle.

I am pretty sure most of the story is included in the TV series, but there will be small things in the game you wont get in the anime as always.

Plus, the game is pretty fun.

Go ahead and finish the anime. It's a pretty faithful adaptation. The only point you might be confused on is Kuon's biological mother

zan is even worse.

Zan is based on Mask of Deception, which is better than the first game.

I can wait, I have a huge backlog, and I rather play the original story instead of an adaptation.
Also, I was doubting if the anime and the "first game" and this new announcement were the same thing plot-wise.

Cheers vros.

Not the person you replied to.

I get the scene with the making of Kuon is not included in the anime. But there isnt any mention of it either? Been a while since I watched it

>nisa instead of atlus
>Does this mean the translation might be inconsistent with 2/3
It means itll be inconsistent with the English language

>the game with little fighting due to being all build up
>a pure action game spin off of that game's plot
Seeing mask of deception condensed from 40 hours to 7 is a sight to see.

The baby is outright removed from the ending of the anime when oboro is supposed to be holding it. It replaces the baby with oboro getting hakuoro's fan which worked really well at the time but then introduces a huge plot hole for season 2.

I'm pretty sure it's not even implied in the anime.

All I remember is one scene in MoD where Oboro mentions that Kuon's mother was sickly and passed away shortly after Kuon was born, which I think is the first clue if you haven't played the first.

Thats... extremely dumb. That was most likely one of the most important things happening before the end....

Well. as said... it would make sense if there were no sequels planned.

Now it just makes it way more confusing.

Is there no perfect localization company?

ATLUS translations leave much to be desired. They force dubbed some games (now they force sub some games, but that's OK for me), edit CGs

NISA translations are memetastic of machine-tire. Censors anything too sexy.

XSEED does force dubs and their translations are also OKish.

AKSYS translations are horrendous.

And let's not talk about Gaijin Works.

SEGA has been good / OKish with Yakuzas, Valkyries and Shining.

BAMCO as well with Tales, except for some censoring / editing (and forced dub on GEaters on PS4)

No one expected a sequel 10 years later desu

Let's be honest, the adaption might be flawed but at least it's nowhere near the level of mask of deceptions bastardization.

Attached: 1550783077854.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

>anime original betrayal
literally what the fuck was the director thinking

>SEGA has been good / OKish with Yakuzas, Valkyries and Shining.

They used to NEVER LOCALIZE SHINING games. Only until recently. Like they did the ps2 ones but then completely skipped out on PS3 Shining games, a entire fucking generation worth of Shining games. Also no localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3. Wtf... how the fuck do you skip a entire game and think it's ok to suddenly localize 4. Fuck you Sega.

I dont know of it yet, I am still waiting to play all of them on ps4. It will be a fun time it seems like

I was talking more about this current gen.
Fuck, if I included all of their past history I wouldn't have even mentioned NISA, fuck them.

>and forced dub on GEaters on PS4

you can select jp audio with subtitles. So whatever...

WHAT

Not in GE 1 and 2 for PS4 / Vita.

>Not in GE 1 and 2 for PS4 / Vita.

I could have sworn I played those in JP audio.

>Also no localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3. Wtf... how the fuck do you skip a entire game and think it's ok to suddenly localize 4.
2 sold bad and the PSP was dead by then.

>NISA
don't

Goddamn I forgot about that scene. What a fucking trainwreck.

I wonder how they''ll handleor won't Nekone's guilt-ridden breakdown and Vurai's return in MoT if that ever gets an anime.

Attached: 1537243828503.jpg (620x750, 64K)

Zan is not supposed to replace MoD, just experience the most exciting parts with better gameplay.

Sega's gonna be the perfect one. Judgement's localization is having subs for the Japanese dialogue, and subs for the actual localized dub.

I highly doubt it will ever get an anime. They'd almost have to remake the second season to even have a chance at making the third one. Shit like haku waking up alone instead of being woken up by kuon or the way how kuon left them are completely butchered.

I got through like 80% of the original novel when this news came out, I have the worst fucking timing with this shit

It's fucking Leaf/Aquaplus. They are known to do erotica eons before FSN faggot

So what are the actual differences between the remake and original? Is it just graphical?

what did she mean by this?

Damn, i bought the premium edition, because i thought "if it will be translated, it will probably just the normal edition" but this has even more in it than the premium edition.

what was the premium edition

When I reached MoTs ending I thought it was a trainwreck with the whole woshis shit, but once haku came back as a god it was one of the best moments I've ever witnessed in a story. I wish there was more like that.

Attached: 1522991464876.jpg (1920x1080, 420K)

amazon.com/Utawarerumono-Chiriyukumonoheno-Komoriuta-Premium-PlayStation-4/dp/B0776YQRTB/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3KRHAQMFBXN0B&keywords=utawarerumono&qid=1552355037&s=gateway&sprefix=utawa,aps,238&sr=8-9

this

Attached: 51ZAQinYy4L.jpg (500x292, 45K)

How can you fuck up adapting MoD? It's just world building and comfy scenes at the inn. It's any shitty director's dream to adapt.

I think the director said he didn't play the game.

that ova was nice but it was definitely not worth paying for

Attached: [anon] Utawarerumono - Tusukuru-koujo no Karei Naru Hibi [FE8A70CB].mkv_snapshot_11.06_[2018.06.06_0 (1920x1080, 124K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAA THEY ARE SO FUCKING CUTE I HOPE I GET A SUDDEN BOUT OF AMNESIA SO I CAN ENJOY THIS WHOLE SERIES AGAIN

Attached: 00240.jpg (1352x762, 192K)

Attached: 1550452163338.jpg (1526x853, 150K)

Fuck anju for pulling that cheap shit in the end with calling you uncle. Fucking little shit, I was already down, I don't need her to kick me in the balls.

>kuon will never make a heir with haku

>browse thread in anticipation
>get spoilers
Leaving.

But she will
The question is if she will share with the rest of the girls. Her moms do, so maybe she'll cave in.

>remake of a 2002 game

UNDERWATER

I wish PC got actual physical releases, I would start buying games again.

i hope munechika gets a turn

I live in europe but there is no limited edition in the europe store, how do i buy it? Do i have to wait until someone puts this on ebay or what?

The H scenes in uta were pretty good and not forced for the most part. Hakuoro being the ruler and fucking all the girls around him, even against his will, is how it should be.

You realize none of this is going to make it the the state with Nu-Snoy right? They'll being wearing ghost sheets or some bullshit or they'll take it out altogether.

Better be released uncensored.

Are you retarded? That's from Uta 2. The game is already released in the west with those scenes intact.

the ova sucked

none of those are from Uta1

Your cock sucks.

Doesn't matter. That was then. Now there's a new SJW at the helm.

But will Atlus needlessly censor this one?

>it's already released
>"IT DOESN'T MATTER, SONY IS GOING TO CENSOR THIS ALREADY RELEASED GAME"

Never reply to me again.

Attached: 1536914681669.png (168x194, 69K)

its nisa, so uncesored but instead something else will be fucked

Alright. Don't say I didn't warn you.

>its nisa, so uncesored

Attached: 1454749536949.jpg (200x303, 16K)

NISA has been censoring unneeded shit even before sony went retarded, there's no hope

Cool. .

Attached: Underwater+ray+romano+_f9fa3d79ccdcb0a4f0b7cca0a67f3ec9.jpg (480x360, 55K)

You should stop watching it and play the original game instead because the TV series is a garbage adaptation.

Nah it’s an okay adaptation until the very end.

There is never going to be any nudity in a Japanese console game. PC is another story.

Isn't this the one with a bunch of sex scenes?

>>"IT DOESN'T MATTER, SONY IS GOING TO CENSOR THIS ALREADY RELEASED GAME"
It happened with DMC5.

That's, like, that worst game gameplay-wise in the series.
I have a feeling they were doing this purely for the exposure.

Man, them dropping the PC support for the series really sucks. I played the original version on PC as I was going through a massive VN/jap rpg playing phase back then. I really liked the game too. But I am not going to buy a console for that series alone. Being console exclusive or going multiplat is fine, but starting out on one platform and then abandoning is just the worst betrayal.

Attached: Uta bath.jpg (1920x1080, 401K)

Nobody betrayed you. You most likely didn't even pay for the PC version.

if you can speak Japanese, you can at least emulate MoD, but sadly not he other parts, well maybe someday there will be a Vita or even Ps4 emulator.

>nudity
Nudity in Japanese console games is never what NISA has had a history of censoring to begin with.

I get that the anime was just an ad for MoT, but couldn't they find a guy who actually gives a shit about the series? There are so many scenes from MoT I wanted to see animated, but I guess it's never happening.

Who knows, I think the director was actually a pretty decent one, he just didn't know what the fuck to do with this one.

This wasn't a fluke. He announced that he purposely avoids the source material for all of his adaptations. Remember that he was behind school days and the ending that made it infamous.

>school days
Why does this guy still get work in the industry?

FUCKING FINALLY
>NISA
god fucking damnit. i just hope its the same quality as ATLUS's translation

You get a "good" translation 6 months after release. But at least a PC version might happen thanks to NISA.

The current eroge market is bad enough that we have makers closing shop one after another. Minori and Sprite being two recent ones.

Besides, the series is more like a continuation after the PS ports worked. It might have stayed dead otherwise.