Why did shítendo abandon their only non-shit IP?

Why did shítendo abandon their only non-shit IP?

Attached: IMG_5824.jpg (678x452, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFRAF5EROhg&feature=youtu.be&t=8
youtube.com/watch?v=2O0HsmmibbQ
metroid-database.com/old_site/manga/?vid=26&cid=114#manga_top
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why are westerners so obsessed with metroid don't they have enough guns to obsesses over in real life

More like they aren't as shit publishers as other companies and they saw their product was turning out to be shit, so they started all over again so the game was good.

>Americans can't get enough Dakka
A-are we Orks?

because Nintendo themselves ruined it

Attached: fuck you sakamoto.jpg (640x898, 83K)

Here's your IP bro

Attached: metroidprimefederationforce.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

>any other IP gets a spinoff
>totally fine
>Metroid gets a spinoff
>everyone loses their mind

But most people liked Metroid Prime Pinball. At most, people were indifferent to it.

>Metroid Prime
>non-shit

>Samus, supposedly an agile bounty hunter, moves like a senior citizen who just got released from the hip replacement ward. She is slower than a generic FPS protagonist. This is especially egregious since the game has a ton of backtracking
>can't even strafe freely, can't even look up and down while moving, What is up with these weird limitations?
>you don't even have to aim because of lock-on (thus completely negating the advantage of going with a first-person perspective, so why did they even choose it?)
>bosses are boring HP sponges that barely even move and are basically stationary and boil down to 'scan for weak spot and wait for boss to open their sphincter to reveal their weak spot'
>they prioritized graphics over gameplay, so the exploration is constantly broken up with corridors that are disguised loading screens, which also makes the level design feel very artificial
>instead of building to a proper climax, last stretch of game is literally one giant fetch quest
>instead of letting you explore and examine things yourself (which the first-person perspective is ideally suited for), you have a scanner that spoonfeeds you everything you need
>third-person transitions like the morph ball transformation are too long and interrupt the flow of gameplay
>does a bad job of immersing the players with constantimmersion-breaking third person cutscenes of Samus riding an elevator or doing some other pointless shit (again, why even use first-person then?)

Metroid Prime is a prime example (no pun intended) of how NOT to translate a 2d game into 3d.

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

But Metroid Prime pinball and hunters were fucking awesome.

Because we expect Hunter quality Spinoffs. That's not even counting Prime itself

I think it was more the fact that people wanted a new metroid game since Other M and we got that instead.

Frogposting is a prime example to know when someone is shitposting

They didn't

can I get a tl;dr you fucken NERD

Stay seething Sakamoto.

I agree, Metroid is a shit series. When are we getting a new DK game?

Where did this meme that Hunters was good come from?

Metroid Prime was almost perfect you seething autist

It's commercial
youtube.com/watch?v=dFRAF5EROhg&feature=youtu.be&t=8

>meme that Hunters was good come from?
Fucking zoomer bitch.

They hated him because he told the truth.

Man Metroidfags sure are an annoying bunch...

Wrong timing. Ignoring the fact that it looked like shit from day 1, they shouldn't have raised hopes with the title Metroid Prime for the 1 second before Federation Force appeared on the title when the last Prime game came out in 2007.

There's a proper time for spinoffs.
When a series looks to be strruggling to recover from what's unarguably the worst game in the series, You DO NOT make a spinoff after years of fans being worried of the state of their franchise

>...
Fresh off the boat from Reddit, huh?

Why the fuck is this fanbase so loud when the games sell like shit?

hi reddicuck

>Reddit
You are the one obsessed by this site alright. My post had literally nothing to do with this site but hey whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

>metroidfags calling anyone reddit

Metroid is the most reddit vidya series next to Dark Souls and Zelda.

That's the kind of retort you fags use huh?

>the one time we get canon giantess Samus in the series
>she’s in her fucking Morph Ball form the entire fight
I’d have bought two copies if it meant a giant ZSS fight.

Attached: 39FB1401-5A32-47C0-B76C-52318EEB562D.png (238x260, 42K)

>Metroid is the most reddit vidya series

Attached: 1544760406273.jpg (346x235, 9K)

I lived to see the most based frogposter ever

>metroid prime needs to be a 3rd person cinematic movie game
Kys

Please stop replying to your baitpost

Pic unrelated.

>>metroid prime needs to be a 3rd person cinematic movie game
It practically already is one, with the slow ass movement speed, constant pointless and tedious transitions to 3rd person and automated lock-on aiming because the developers think that Metroid players are apparently to stupid to move and shoot at the same time.

It's quite obvious the developers were deeply uncomfortable with making a first-person game. It would probably have been a better game had it been 3rd person yes.

Attached: 1552346069272.png (403x448, 53K)

they tried a 3rd person cinematic movie game for Metroid

and we ended up with Other M, the worst Metroid

Two wrongs don't make a right. Metroid Other M being complete shit doesn't suddenly make Metroid Prime good, nor does it prove a third-person Metroid game couldn't possibly be good.

Wojackposting is a prime example to know when someone is shitposting

>shit doesn't suddenly make Metroid Prime good

Metroid Prime was already good, even before Other M shat all over the entire series

>Metroid gets a spinoff
>released directly after what is generally agreed to be the worst game in the series
>after years and years of radio silence about the series

fixed that for you, retard

it actually was a pretty fun game

>no dialogue
>no cinematic scenes aside from camera pans
>entirely 1st person except morphball mazes
>"literally a 3rd person movie game!"
Nice self portrait you drooling retard

reality

>no game for half a decade
>Last game was Other M
>Make spinoff team fps for a handheld with no 2nd anolog stick
Why wouldn't we be mad?

Attached: 1532285043217.gif (354x304, 107K)

Because you got AM2R at the same time, and the very next year you got Samus Returns.

A fangame and a remake hardly make up for no mainline game for half a decade

because video games are a business and most people have shit taste and wont buy metroid games

Good thing Prime 4 is being developed

There's a Metroid 5 coming

>publicly scrap a bad game and admit they're starting over so it isn't shit
>abandoned

What?

I think he means pre-prime 4 and SR.

>see you in 2020
I just hope it's good so Metroid doesn't die. Im surprised fed force didnt already kill it because we had no idea Samus returns, or MP4 were a thing.
Source?

Oh, that wasn't abandonment. That was making a shit game, then releasing an unwanted game at the very worst time possible, then taking a break while they figure out what the fuck to do next.

There isn't a source, just hints here and there within interviews that Metroid 5 is probably going to be the game Sakamoto does next. There's been no official confirmation that development has started.

>released a remake to Metroid 2
>working on Metroid Prime 4
>working on Metroid 5
>abandoned
What’s with Yea Forums always shitposting Metroid and Halo threads?

But you don't get it, they wanted a new game now!!!! Entitled gamer culture at its worst

why are metroidfags such entitled brats who don't know the meaning of an abandoned series?
i've been waiting for mega man legends 3 for 19 years, klonoa 3 for 18 years, and viewtiful joe 3 for 15 years. metroidfags just got a new game in 2017 and have another new one coming up in the future and you're still crying.

Wonder if its somehow connected to Dread.

Remember that?

>Legendsfag thinks he has the right to call anyone else entitled

I hope its Dread, I really want the gameplay of Super with the Atmosphere of Fusion.

They're some of the easiest targets on Yea Forums.

Reminder that falseflaggers are a thing.

Attached: 1d4chan.org.png (213x132, 2K)

crapcom dangled legends 3 in front of our faces after what had already been a decade of waiting, canceled it for no reason and then blamed the fans.
let me know when something like that happens to metroid, and no, prime 4 isn't it. neither is federation force.

Megaman still has a fuckton of other games though. MM11 just released.

you know full well that mm11 is no substitute for legends 3. it's not even the same type of game. imagine if nintendo had straight-up cancelled prime 4 instead of delaying it, and people told you to go play other m or federation force instead.

I'm sure thats how 2D fans felt between Zero Mission and Samus Returns and both of those are remakes. Its been 17 years since Fusion released.

>samus returns came out only a couple years ago
>confirmedly a new 2d metroid is coming at some point
>metroid prime 4 is being worked on
>nintendo gives enough of a shit to restart development because they thought the game wasn't good enough

Because starting a thread with a shitpost is the only way to get a thread going on Yea Forums anymore.

>The only non shit Nintendo IP
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Attached: Olimar.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Don’t let the Pretendos try to meme you into thinking it was because of the lack of new releases.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions got just as much shit despite FE doing extremely well. Fates even came out that same year!

That's just because FE's fanbase is one of Nintendo's worst, not really a surprise.

What's nintendo's best? F-Zero?

>Still giving a shit about this mangled corpse of a series being run through an IV bag just barely

Hollow Knight already dethroned it as king of metroidvanias. Get with the times you grandpa boomers.

Attached: 12756_Hollow_Knight_Silksong_B_11369c04c416875caa347a8851a625e9.jpg (950x633, 64K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2O0HsmmibbQ

Some of these things I can understand and agree with, but you have to realize if the graphics weren’t as good as they are even back when the game was made it would’ve been considered completely shit.

>Hollow Knight
>Dethroning Super
lel

F-Zero, Pikmin, and Kid Icarus come to mind as close contenders.
They're all starving for games but they're not exactly screaming about it.

It stars a woman that isn't a Loli and has themes of individualism. Tough for Japs to relate.

Hey, I like Hollow Knight, but what you're saying is that because it exists I'm not allowed to like Metroid or any other Metroid-like anymore?
That's pretty fucking dumb, user.

That’s why I’m happy Nintendo is finally making Metroid 5.

God I hope so too.

>people get excited for a new game
>that means the fanbase is reddit
I guess that means every single video game fanbase ever is reddit. You like a video game? You're reddit. Better shut down Yea Forums, because the whole fucking board is reddit.

Attached: did you even think before making this thread.png (463x159, 5K)

>indie shit

Attached: drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler-1-480x320.jpg (480x320, 28K)

>Better shut down Yea Forums, because the whole fucking board is reddit.
Yes?

why haven't all frog posters unironically killed themselves yet

>decent game that gets overhyped as fuck because "LMAO GIT GUD XDXDXD" memes and the devs pandering to that crowd
fuck off

And that means you're reddit too.

Probably Kirby. I've never seen anyone shit on Kirby the way they shit on everything else. Mario fans are chill too, but Paper Mario fans are the WORST. (See: Arlo)

The future is now boomer

Attached: Hollow Slug.png (1920x1080, 455K)

The real reddit was the video games we played along the way.

I've seen plenty of people shit on Kirby.
And Kirby threads on Yea Forums right now? Absolutely disgusting.

I miss the days when Kirbyfriends and Metroidfriends were shitposting as one in those Smash Roster-days

Attached: (Redacted) The Federation.png (950x800, 1.58M)

Honestly Paper Mario fags are slowly starting to turn on M&L because it's still pretty alright for the most part, it's pretty sad to see such a cool fanbase degrade over the years, but what are you gonna do?

>simply delay the game
>"they abandoned it"

fucking sigh

It's so strange how Paper Mario fans will bitch about wanting turn based battles, but then get upset when people point out that M&L is exactly what they say they want.

your soulless indieshit ripoffs will never measure up to the classics, and you're just gonna have to cope with that.

not popular in the east and japan surprisingly only care about the east, they will never care about amerifat.

>boomer seething over the golden age of Metroidvanias
absolutely depressing. I hope you find enjoyment in the future, boomer.

Attached: 1547523209044.png (542x518, 274K)

Holy shit what happened to her gun

>every indie dev in the world is shitting out identical generic metroidvanias with "le epic dark souls combat" - literally quantity over quality
>somehow this is a "golden age"
yikes, i almost pity indie shills that actually get hyped for any old trash they see on steam's front page.

Because none of you fucks even purchased it. And no, I don't mean the Japanese who don't really care for Metroid. I mean the Western audience that always talks about the series and how much they enjoy it and how it needs more games and all this shit. The Western audience barely purchases Metroid games.

I guarantee you that there are a large number of people in these Metroid threads, who champion the games and talk about how they're amazing, who have never fucking purchased a single one.

So much for these Western fans...

basically got fucked fighting her own clone
metroid-database.com/old_site/manga/?vid=26&cid=114#manga_top

Don't you have a Mega Man thread to be shitposting in?

>for any old trash they see
>old trash
true pottery

Attached: 1535869711968.jpg (640x360, 98K)

Well if ya wanna look at it in a vacuum like that sure

Paper Mario fans and Mario & Luigi fans are the same people. Stop behaving like everybody is only allowed to play one series of games. You sound like a lunatic.

They certainly aren't anymore, but if you're talking about the gap between Other M and Samus Returns, it's because Japs have totalitarian control over their properties, and the writer and director of Other M got really butthurt from the fan reaction and kinda just avoided it for several years. As far as we can tell that's it.

Sweet, thanks for posting a frog, I almost had to actually consider your retard opinion for a second there.

Attached: 1477102864968.png (266x289, 36K)

Attached: nowneitherofuswillbevirgins.jpg (600x591, 39K)