Untitled

Wh...?
Why?

Awakening, Fates and SoV had good covers

Attached: 1552116282-box-us-fire-emblem-switch.jpg (570x915, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1gzWCVcY0rA
youtube.com/watch?v=7h3JjZ4qy88
nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-three-houses-switch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imagine being pathetic enough to bitch about a boxart. Imagine being a EOP.

why is yellow man upside down

youtu.be/1gzWCVcY0rA

I cannot fucking get over how fucked the symmetry is for the mid point shine with the bow

This song is fire. The ost is looking lit. Weird to look forward to the musical score in a FE game for once

Ya know, it could be one of those design choices for the bow to be at an angle where you can see the arch.

Fates and Echos both had great OSTs though too

Still very poor design choice visually speaking

The colors are vomit inducing.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

I really dislike the art and battle animations to the point that I have no interest in it whatsoever.

He's Australian.

Why do the MU look like manlets?

>echoes
>great ost
You want real music not repetitive garbage in your game.

Why couldn't yellow nigga just be holding the sword the other way and be upright?

Fucking dropped.

I REALLY hope the red girl can carry my babies.

why the fuck is that nigga upside down

Attached: pai.png (495x510, 216K)

Why not have yellow dude on bottom, and then place the school/castle on the top upside down? Do you really need to highlight the player character who will be customized anyway?

List the bad tracks then

Can someone explain this series to me
(I have never played any)

I hope el amarillo can walk on ceilings in game

There is nothing to explain, its a husk of its former self.

youtube.com/watch?v=7h3JjZ4qy88

XCom for weebs

Weeb chess

Salty coins and bag of sands.

Japanese are small

Garbage for tumblr and incels.

Attached: 3C83DE4A-2491-4BFB-BA5A-48904E6088CB.png (960x610, 493K)

Already did, its called the ost

It's a "tactical" game with very heavy RPG elements, and by RPG I mean shit like leveling up, getting skills that randomly trigger in fights, micromanaging inventories, etc. and the more recent games have a huge focus on pairing up your soldiers so they can build relationships and have children who will inherit their stats and skills so they become super units. Also permadeath and anime as fuck cutscenes/stories.

Attached: 1544701581369.png (588x720, 304K)

because hidari is god tier

Attached: 3C94C9F8-E9BC-4CBE-88E9-0C707DB81ADE.png (741x1200, 1.61M)

A very shitty set of trpgs

Ah yes, much better

Found this edit posted on Serenes.

Attached: tumblr_po4b8qAmOa1rzdrddo1_1280.png (1280x1009, 2.13M)

Attached: FE.jpg (425x1280, 149K)

This should have been canceled and restarted from scratch along with Metroid Prime.

Attached: 1550097681359.webm (1280x720, 908K)

>Before Awakening everyone says FE is an amazing franchise
>After Awakening people insist it's always been shit

FE is my favourite musou game

No one did and if they did they shouldn't be running their mouths. Then again you remember that FEfags actually think games like Holy War and PoR is good so there's no saving them.

>before Awakening FE was a dying franchise
>after Awakening FE is a staple Nintendo franchise
Contrarians gonna be contrarians.

>looks like shit
Still a retarded design choice even then

FEW looks better than this.

Attached: 1550100486500.png (1880x1038, 2.51M)

Thanks

>Those rough 3D graphics
>That character design despite having an enormous pool of great character designers working on FEH

Three houses better have Conquest-tier gameplay in order to make it worthwhile because shit so far looks rough as fuck

Attached: ConcernedTerrorist.jpg (705x696, 27K)

>even the cover looks like shit
Man, even SD had a better cover.

jesus fucking christ how easy that would've been

I just finished Radiant Dawn...
so, how cheated did you guys felt with the story on the 3ds games? I mean im at a loss for words for the dive the direction took from there.

Attached: 07.jpg (616x448, 84K)

>retard doesn't know how perspective and curved bows work
sasuga Serenes

Only the retarded give a shit about the plot in a FE game

>>Before Awakening everyone says FE is an amazing franchise
No one said this. That's why the series has always sold like shite.

Just because there’s a reason for it looking terrible doesn’t make it not look terrible

I don't know what you're implying
RD story is absolute dogshit.

This. The correct way to play any given FE game is to skip every bit of dialogue and just google who has to recruit who.

compared to fates is shakespeare. The villains felt out of the 60's batman show

I have no idea why they thought this was okay to show off in a trailer.
It better not be final product

FE isn't a risk anymore, they know people will eat up whatever they put out.

Not him and I like RD, but literally everything compared to Fates is Shakespeare

It's a cover. You put it in the drawer once you open the game. Shut up already

I dig it. Even if the artstyle change is a downgrade, the tunes are still good.

>hey guys lets do the clash already come on i gotta meeting to attend
>yellow: everyone will recognize im the full house
>red: lol what am i doing OO look at that boy over there bet hes packin a full house
>blue: wonder what theyre sayin about me...(lol look at that soiboi i bet he watches full house)

Attached: Fire EmE eriF ThreethT vs melbmblem sesuoH ee Houses.jpg (5060x4096, 3.86M)

>Play Awakening
>"Wow this is mediocre"
>Longtime fans tell me to play the old games
>Play the old games
>"Wow this is mediocre"
And I'm sure many others will tell the same story.

>Think about trying to get into Fire Emblem now and then
>Fans just tell me what an awful series it is

Sometimes I wonder why this series has fans.

>Left has Two Dimitrys and a dude with two bows ready to fuck shit up as well as two presumebly broken Avatar units
>Right has an two unarmed girls, a pair of conjoined twins and an armless nigger

Left stomps right and wipes its ass with its remains

Attached: ChadLancercock.png (179x237, 2K)

how the fuck did that bow get past...everyone

at least this cover confirms no multiple versions

Imagine being excited for the shittiest entry in the series.
Like literally, this is so fucking shit lmao
"You are the senpai" lfuckingmao

>the shittiest entry in the series.
it literally can't be worse than Revelations

FEfags like the idea of Fire Emblem but hate every single game in the series

What does box art and being an EOP have to do with each other?

>crying this much about the box cover of all things
You go ahead and waste you life with that nonsense, I'll enjoy the best FE hunk ever made.

Attached: 1550246337503.png (667x490, 368K)

I wish they kept Hidari as the artist

Attached: 3418778.png (1606x2338, 2.22M)

Strategy RPG where you have limited resources, grinding and perma death

Except that now your weapons no longer get destroyed if you use them too much
And that you can grind all you want
Also, if any of your allies die, they can just respawn after you clear the chapter

It's a generic JRPG

Every Fire Emblem thread is infested with smashfags as well as GBA "fans" that only played Eliwood's game.

That's like playing Final Fantasy and skipping all the dialogue.

>your weapons no longer get destroyed if you use them too much
Three Houses is bringing back weapon durability

infinite grinding and Phoenix Mode will still probably exist

Weapon durability is back again

I'll admit, I was introduced to Fire Emblem through either Smash or the advertisement in TTYD. But I downloaded Shadow Dragon to give it a try.

The allies coming back thing is an option you can choose at the start of the game, not mandatory like weapons not breaking, but Three Houses has weapon durability again.

I doubt it will have infinite grinding. It will probably be like Persona, you have X amount of days in between chapters to train your units weapon proficiency and do supports, then on set dates an event will occur that forces you to do a map.

Phoenix mode is a given but this is honestly a stupid thing to be mad about.

I fucking hate it too, meanwhile the collector's edition has an amazing cover.

Would literally be fine if the bottom 2/3 was the dragon loli on her throne instead of the dumbass MUs in front of the school. The 3 lords could have their colors be a bit more subdued I guess. It's honestly fine except for the retarded MUs throwing it off.

and Claude's bow
and just Claude in general

This is the worst cover for anything I've seen in my entire life.

It looks fine other than Claudio's shitty bow you guys are literally just searching for reasons to be angry.

Assuming IS continues to be completely lazy, you'll probably have to look at this every time in Switch menu too

I'vs seen worse. At least it isn't just a stupid looking pile of all the main characters.

Attached: DNTdB-LXcAAstRN.png (750x686, 919K)

if they continue being super lazy, it'll just be white text on a black background

A hundred times better, the people who work at this are fucking incompetent.

>limited resources
What a meme. Resource management has never played a meaningful role in any FE game. A minor nuisance at best.

distributing experience properly is a pretty big part of almost every FE game

He can't, there are none. Gaiden had a 10/10 OST, and Echoes built upon it.

Lunatic fates conquest end game is pretty fucking difficult if you don't save the overpowered staffs for it.

>Black AND Australian
Who in their right mind would join the Ra losers instead of being a Chazzchad or a Slifer Slacker?

I really like the main leitmotif

I've really liked these vocals, even since the first trailer. I hope the wubwub isn't too jarring when it plays in game.

>Resource management has never played a meaningful role in any FE game
Holy fuck FE threads are fucking garbage now. I can't believe I just read this.

Attached: 1437615334265.png (144x204, 5K)

Is that really the official cover? i only see the placeholder version on amazon

Blood contract.

nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-three-houses-switch

You must be pretty new to the world.

Attached: 22079_front.jpg (640x898, 153K)

It really isn't, you get enough special weapons to get you to end game pretty comfortably in every FE game. Conquest staffs and gold are pretty much the only time I ever noticed resource limitations in an FE game.

That cover itself is fine. It’s the new art you don’t like, which is understandable.

Three houses has bad art AND a literally retarded cover.

Experience is a limited resource, retard

Nigger fucking FE5 is the only time you have ever needed to manage resources. Resource management has never been more than a placeholder to prevent what Fates did of stupidly overpowered infinite Legendary weapons. In FE7 and 8 all you ever needed was javelins for your cavs and a conventional lance in case of 1-range fights..

man the art for three houses is so fucking bad

you would think they hire someone who knows how to draw more than just pretty boys

Im looking forward to see how shit the dragon designs are in this game

Not really. Killer weapons, brave weapons and -killers have always been pretty valuable.

This is trash but it's absurd enough I can appreciate it.

In the vast majority of FE it is a slight inconvenience at best; Most games give you ample money to buy weapons to fill up your surplus. Very few games ever put you at risk of running out of shit since resource management is so lax.

Fates had the right idea getting rid of weapon usage because all it really did was cause you busywork when you had get to a shop in order to replace or repair broken weapons.

Not saying Fates implementation was perfect but it certainly made a lot more sense to me to treat weapons as situational tools since thats how you'd use Killing Edges and the like when they had limited uses anyway - Removing durability and replacing it with a risk-reward stat change just makes less busywork with the inventory since you never have to replace shit.

Obv. warp rods and some other items are the exception to the rule here, but most FE games end up not seeing a lot of use for those anyway since I either never using them by the end of the game or end up spending one on a crutch since I fucked a units placement or something.

Attached: Whacky.png (291x317, 19K)

Because the cover artist really wanted to use the trinity but ran out of room for the MCs, which is an unforgivable marketing sin apparently.

It's not even out yet

People seem to be bunching all the various resources together. EXP is valuable, unique weapons are valuable, unique staves are valuable.

Generic weapons and basic healing staves on the other hand only serve as a minor nuisance.

Why not have red on the left, blue on the right, and yellow upright with the same design?

The whole point is that the weapons meet where the sun is, the edit ruins that.

No it just made people forge up all their iron weapons because debuffs get you fucking killled in Conquest.

Three Houses does seem to be taking a more interesting route with generic-weapons-as-a-resource, since it looks like you spend durability to activate skills

Yeah, it didn't work with Echoes HP usage because of how easy it is to heal with Gaiden mechanics, 2 healers means infinite healing.

you'll shit brix when you see it

Attached: 1552302781563.jpg (1000x1619, 502K)

the point is too dumb to warrant an upside person on the cover

Attached: fire-emblem-three-houses-cover.png (300x486, 352K)

I used plenty of debuff weapons in conquest. Not silver weapons because those are shit but stuff like Brave weapons are still useful if you need to player phase a group down fast.

Why not just move him to the bottom and put the MCs at the top? was the guy who designed this fucking retarded?

And yet it still manages to look better.

I haven't seen that phrase in so long I forgot about it.

Yes you can. Echoes has a dogshit ost

What do you guys think is the worst plot point in Fates? For me it was the "who is the traitor?" thing, there's one character in the whole fucking game with zero supports, he can't even support with Corrin, how did they think no one would realize who it was?

You have to be bating. You are freely allowed to use those weapons without care

The Jap special edition box art

Wow? FF doesn't have close to shitty stories like FE

No it's not. There's a reason you beat all games at 0% growths. There's a reason pre-promotes are god tier 80% of the time

>latino dude literally upside down

All you need is a rescue staff. That's the closest FE gets to resource management

Ah, thought that was the Japanese special edition box art as well. Though bad box art or no, I still buy games locally anyway if they can be played in Japanese because fuck Japan's game prices.

Experience is free and plenty in all games. Nice try

I've never understood the hatred for blood pacts. Yes they're stupid but how are they functionally any different from the bad guys holding hostages?

it's still limited in most games

>FE5
>resource management
Not like capture exists or anything

You say this now but they put out three games on the GBA that all looked damn near identical to anyone who hasn't played them. So much so that nearly every sprite that wasn't a unique character from FE6 was reused in FE7, and the only one that was removed from FE8 was the Nomad and Nomad Trooper.

Maybe if you don't care about rank.

No it's not. Arenas exists in all games but two, and so do reinforcements in every single one. Then the stupid shit of BEXP needed to be thought up in Tellius. Hell shit like FE7 HHM/PoR manic enemy spam exists where they barely cut exp gain. Only Awakening and Fates stop exp gain abuse with enemies and bosses by removing the exp gain counter after attacking mutiple times.

Attached: 1552350625670.png (348x278, 106K)

Rank is easy as fuck to achieve though. Did you know the Gaiden chapters in FE7 Hector don't count those anything? So they can be freely used as back ups to mutiple ranks? Besides Ranking promotes badplay and the opposite of efficiency especially when you have to use shit units.

I honestly didn't mind the plot in Fates, the concept of an East-vs-West lended itself to a cool backdrop, the gameplay was tight and I enjoyed the character supports a lot.

But the one thing that legit pissed me off?

Why the fuck does the game barely touch upon Anankos? You just run into him at the very last mission, he's some kind of raging retard and you kill him. No motivation or explanation, thats it. Isis somehow had the gall to put all context for his actions behind a separete piece of paid DLC. Fucking awful, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thats not even getting into how nothing in Valla makes any sense. Why are there floating islands? How are there floating islands? Why are enemies invisible? How the fuck can there be a curse to talk about it outside of it? Was there a society here? Are all the subjects dead? The game just handwaves all this critical shit despite the third path being ostensibly about Valla.

Attached: theFuckIsThisShit.png (429x410, 11K)

>Why are there floating islands? How are there floating islands? Why are enemies invisible? How the fuck can there be a curse to talk about it outside of it? Was there a society here? Are all the subjects dead?
Gotta buy the DLC, goyim. It also explains why Severa, Owain, and Inigo are in this game for fuck knows why.

Probably because it's true, and now mad that your shit series got exposed

Valla in general is just retarded
>so there's this secret world inside of an abyss
>you can only enter it once every thirty years for a few days so our characters of a convenient time limit force the plot along
>also if you've been there before you die if you talk about it outside of it so our characters have a convenient reason to continue this needless conflict
>also the bad guy who made this curse also has a good guy version
>he sent people from another world to help out
>but he also decided to take them to Valla first so they can't tell anyone either

I never bothered buying it since I was so pissed off at Revalations ending, I just remember skimming the Wiki to find out.

Did it ever explain why Valla has crazy geography and seems to exist in a pocket dimension, or are we just meant to accept thats how shit rolls there? Or was it all just "Anankos did it lol"?

>"Anankos did it lol"?
That's basically the gist of it, Valla used to be part of the surface until he went crazy and forced it into a pocket dimension

What a dick

The plot of pretty much every FE game can be summed up as "Dragons are dicks."

>Anankos goes through all this shit we've listed
>He doesn't just kill himself despite knowing he is going insane and will royally fuck everything up
>Rather he sets up some random mooks from Awakeningverse to help kill him with conventional weaponry several years later

I take it all back, Isis were genius to put the motivations behind a second paywall. I wouldn't be shocked if someone saw the original script for Revalations with all this in it and just went "fuck it, we're cutting all this dumb shit and stuffing it into another DLC pack, maybe that way less people will realize how stupid this all is"

Attached: ShitHasBeenLost.jpg (640x480, 48K)

You know what has good covers? Cipher.

Attached: b packs.jpg (2100x1791, 1.78M)

I don't think it's that weird, not many people have the ability to just outright kill themselves on the spot and we don't even know if a dragon would be able to do that.

>card game gets all the good art
It's not fair bros

Attached: 1522435441139.jpg (309x431, 88K)

They are keeping Hidari for FE4 remake

>Fates is split into two colors
>but nearly every other game has to share a color with another game
I'll never not be angry at this stupidity, even though it makes sense for PoR/RD, FE4/5 and FE6/7. They're probably going to do it again with each of the Three Houses getting its own color.

Maybe they asked him and he said no.

So, those are the remaining Smash DLC characters

It's completely fair! If you play Fire Emblem, you should play Cipher!

Hmm, I doubt it, it would be three colors taking up 50 cards then. They'd have to dedicate every set afterwards to expanding on at least one of them at a time.

I do expect some sort of unique border for each house, at least.

Attached: MCs.jpg (1848x1724, 1.99M)

>ignoring the chocolate warrior's amazing cleavage

Did cipher made a card of NES Marth(pantless)?

Attached: yaranaika.png (465x465, 480K)

>Why the fuck does the game barely touch upon Anankos?
DLC and Rev goyim, pay up.

>so, how cheated did you guys felt with the story on the 3ds games?
Awakening is choppy and poorly paced, references the past games way too hard.
Echoes tones down Alm way too much but otherwise it's alright though bland.
Fates is just this side of being arrested for war crimes in my book. Jesus christ what were they thinking.
>dive in direction
RD was literally the king of shit plots/writing until Fates came about. It's basically Conquest 0.5

Yes!

Attached: P13-005PR_artwork.png (380x518, 462K)

No, even the original card game didn't go that far.

Attached: 1551921621634.jpg (721x1045, 276K)

Everything about this game looks so trash, and I defend Awakening and Fates.

FE7's story was pretty retarded. It'd be a close contest between it and RD, at least before Conquest.

>But I downloaded Shadow Dragon to give it a try.
SD is a bit of a middling remake of the first FE game. Worth it if you want to see where Marth came from, but ultimately New Mystery (his second game) is better overall.

Not at all, it seems to have good gameplay a series first

We've barely seen the maps yet.

Am I the only one that sort of likes the military school setting?

Attached: commandant.jpg (500x375, 23K)

Nah, looks comfy

>series that is 100% art sells on good art
Who would have thought. Why are Cipherfags so retarded?

All one of them?

As long as they don't go full VC 2 "students taking tank shells to the face and getting runned by one but still being fine"

ive played all three gba games, so I think i can consider myself a "fan" of them
i wish FE would go back to sprites for everything, 3d just feels soulless. I managed with PoR for the nost part, but I tried to give awakening a fair try and ugh I cant do it

Attached: Screenshot_20190303-223206.jpg (1440x1364, 522K)

Marth got an absolute fuckton of love lately. Look at this shit.

Don't be rude!

Attached: Marth.jpg (1848x1724, 1.96M)

For what it's worth Echoes has some decent 3D animations, but you can't beat the style of sprites.

PoR has even worse animation than Awakening

It was a phenomenal remake within a vacuum. In the context of other Fire Emblem games existing it's just "okay". I wouldn't call any of the games bad unless you weigh the story heavily against them.

the army building and character development actually looks really good

all that's left to see is the map design to make the final call

I think because of the simplicity of the sprites, when they had to do something to stand out, it was a lot more memorable. Like Final Boss dragons or endgame spells and regalia.

They could have easily put yellow man at the bottom, and just have to 2 self inserts at the top with the school building in the back.

I find it much more tolerable in PoR because they arent trying to shove as complicated 3d models into such a small screenspace of pixels

Attached: SmartSelect_20190311-164649_Instagram.jpg (719x690, 119K)

>people seriously think this is good

Attached: 1503529745452.png (632x1052, 941K)

RD's plot was fine. literally nothing wrong with it aside from the old serenes meme of "DAE think blood pacts are dumb".

Now that's shit taste. Go back to garbage like Echoes

I never even mentioned Echoes, fuck off Barneyfag

Doesn't matter, if you have shit taste you are automatically associated with shit. That's the FEfag standard

Attached: 1551758827960.png (1413x958, 72K)

Compelling argument. The desperation begins.

did they reveal who the artist is yet?

Says the obvious attention whore

Attached: 1537818997003.gif (480x238, 1.2M)

Of course no shit, it's easy as fuck to get retards to reply. Look at yourself for a example

Blood Pacts are some incredibly retarded shit user, you can't say it isn't in good faith.

Like an user already said, it's just an elaborate way of taking hostages. It's no more bullshit than the teleport staves only the senate has access to, or the evil dragon cults that exist in half of the FE games.

I was looking all over the boxart and didn't even realize the highlighted part. Male MC's face makes him look retarded in this shot.

>it's just an elaborate way of taking hostages
I already get what it's going for, but it's an incredibly contrived and forced way of doing it. Basing a huge part of the plot on it doesn't do it any real favors either.

It's a magic curse, in most literature they tend to be somewhat contrived.

Kek