Time to finish the fight, one more time

Time to finish the fight, one more time.

Attached: Halo.png (1032x969, 922K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/0xUID/status/1103776864752074752
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/the-win8-dnsapi-dll-ms-domains-hosts-file-thing.57804/
store.steampowered.com/app/847370/Sunset_Overdrive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

..one mo

Attached: 9ze1450305221.png (1954x882, 3.82M)

I don't care how badly 343i fucks up infinite, i'm just glad this shitty fucking paint ball chief design is going out the window

...one...

Attached: h5.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

gross

time

this

does this collection have halo 1&2 remastered?

Attached: 1463009558835.gif (400x400, 819K)

yes

Everything from 1 to 4 except Reach.
Which is frankly baffling because they should've included Reach instead of 4.

it's called the "Master Chief Collection" retard, although he's in reach, you don't actually play as him.

And yet it includes ODST, a game that doesn't have Chief whatsoever, kill yourself shill.

thats upsetting, especially since Reach's armor was peak of the HALO series Halo 4 was an abomination

Was Reach any good? I played it, but not to the degree of 1-3 and I dont even remember it to be honest .

um actually the In Amber Clad appears in the background of the first cutscene, which Chief was on at the time it happens.

Checkmate.

Not as good as 3 and ODST but it was the last true Halo game and way in the same spirit as ODST.
Think of it as ODST 2.

>And yet it includes ODST
they didn't include odst at launch you retard, it was just an addon for free.

Hello 343 shill, kill yourself, your games are shit.

halo3 babies>>reachfags(halo first timers)>>fans

>Microsoft store
No thanks.

Attached: file.png (1101x347, 392K)

where's the options to turn off clamber, ads, the terrible armor and plott that 343 added to the game?

The best option

whatever Bungie shill, you're seething

They're in that menu too.

>343 faggots think anyone is shilling for nu bungie
The level of mental gymnastics they have to pull to rationalise most people hating 343 "halo"

*ahem*
FUCK QUAKEFAGS AND FUCK 343IGGERS

Attached: chief.png (211x573, 112K)

Have sex

what?

How many times do I gotta tell you, Goldstein? I'm not installing Winblows 10 to play a handful of old games

>microsoft store

yeah nah, I'll pass. Even though Halo 1 to 3 were some of my favourite games ever, anything that needs the ms store is an insta no from me, besides, wasn't the mcc a pos of shit?

faggot

it was on xbox when it launched, works fine now but if you pass you pass.

Chief physically appear in Reach checkmate Bonapartists.

yes you will

See

the dude was literally replying to it

MS store is unironically the best PC games platform other than steam. Better than ubisoft, epic games, or origin

see
:^)

See

I don't own an xbox or a spyware station, sorry.
I'm sure your game is good though! Just held back by its platforms

>spyware
>turning things off is hard
Lol

Yes, and?

how it feels when dealing with 343

Attached: DB2E87CE-C006-46F8-9B24-945E8CF7EBA2.jpg (813x622, 158K)

It's pretty much standalone, while it covers to Reach the story doesn't revolve around anything significant happening besides being there to see the glassing and the cameos from Halsey and Keyes.

I will enjoy it.

Halo 3 on PC, and replaying 2, which I haven't played in 15 years. But I have to ask, even if Halo 5 is bad, why is Forge on PC, but not the actual game?

And please also port Reach.

Attached: 1501445918235.jpg (600x564, 37K)

I can taste it bros
I swear if they don't announce it tomorrow and it's reach or something.

Attached: smile.jpg (500x393, 44K)

It's probably W10 only, in which case, no thanks.

Attached: 1409540147236.png (1062x706, 345K)

so he clearly already saw it you redundant dummy

You mean the best OS to game on for non-autists?

A lot of Spartans that went through the same program as he went through some harrowing shit, user. They're not all chatterboxes like the later iterations or ODSTs. John 117 in particular went through extra shit because of Dr. Halsey. He's very one-dimensional because his whole thought process is literally "Acquire mission, secure objective" in as efficient and expedient as humanly possible. He only talks when he needs to and has very little in the way of emotional evocation. It's only after he spends a considerable time with Cortana that he opens up some. Until then, he literally sees himself as a tool to be used for the USMC.

All they need to do is make good design for battling aliens and whatever
That's it
No power ups, or RPG bullshit or gripping dialogue or etc
Just good maps
Dangerous enemies
Vehicles
It was good enough for the first 3 games
It's literally all that Halo needs

halo needs a decent, simple and straightforward story with depth but never in the players face

I am excite

Yea Forums since microsoft announced that their exclusives would come to pc:
>OH NONONONONONO MICROSOFT IS PUTTING THEIR EXCLUSIVES ON THE PC HAHAHAHAHA THEY ARE DONE
How is this bad?
Since when anons started to defend games to be exclusive?I remember Yea Forums used to be against exclusivity.

Yeah but the collection would have been better for it none the less.

I don't care. Halo 3 was shite and I can play project cartographer at any moment.

it's seething sonyfags, all other plataforms are getting good games and they're stuck with movies that can be finished in less than 1 day

I want them to add reach but only if they bring back the ranking system from Reach. A lot of fags like to say H3 had the best ranking system, but Reach was far better and more rewarding.

>for free

Is it? I want my $5 back 343.

but I don't wanna install Windows 10

Attached: 1539823787837.png (686x689, 85K)

make it free

windows 10 is fast and intuitive, stop hearing what other people say and download it already

it was free for people who bought mcc during the first 2 months at launch, his info is really outdated

All the people that made halo great in the first place, don't even work at bungie anymore, 343 doesn't understand what made halo good.

4 and 5 turned the series from a fun, fast paced shooter that encouraged rapid movement and close combat to a shitty COD clone where you are locked into animations for most of gameplay.

I have W10 on my work laptop, it's shit and I hate it.
You'll never make me download it

Attached: 1537550097799.jpg (720x833, 27K)

Yep. If Infinite was just like the open sequences from Halo 1 expanded to a large map with lots of vehicles and large AI battles, everyone would love it.

>shitty tablet OS microsoft basically forced on everyone

It's free for a reason.

Is this going to be 100gbs or more like Gears of war 4 was?

i can't wait bros

Attached: 1539553644842.png (694x556, 488K)

>Yfw Halo Infinite is a shitty open world collectathon,l with crafting and schematic downloads to unveil sections of the map, all with the power ranger aesthetic and bullet sponge enemies.

w10 is complete garbage that uploads everything you do to the botnet and BREAKS WITH EVERY FUCKING UPDATE.

on the xbox you can pick and choose which games you want to download, so probably not.

80gb initially, but then you can delete 4 to bring it down to like 55gb

yes you will

Attached: 1552336810006.jpg (403x677, 141K)

you knew which one I would get rid of instantly. You know me so well.

Attached: 1400280022699.png (575x386, 246K)

Why the fuck do I have to read all this shit to understand 4?

Attached: Halo_Novels.png (670x419, 599K)

no but apparently you do for 5.
shit either way

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 for this huh

when you start halo 4 there is an hologram on the ship that tells you everything that happened on halo:ce,2 and 3 in a resume.

Why did Engineers only appear in one game?

Attached: H3ODST-VergilHuragok.png (720x1080, 536K)

they're in reach and wars too

I think they're a neat concept. But a helpless gas bag isn't really something you can fight so they don't spend the resources on putting them in the game.

>no dedicated servers
>no mods
>windows store
hahahahahaha just more regression i fucking love this industry

it has dedicated servers and forge, also windows store makes sure it has no cheaters

>windows store makes sure it has no cheaters
????

It has dedicated servers, and a custom server browser coming """"""""soon"""""""". Also, all there is Forge and a ton of custom game types.

is it a persistent dedicated server you can host yourself like halo custom edition or is it microsoft only allowed session based servers

>Windows Store
Hard pass. Nice try though.

>imagine still wanting to play on PC when its 4k 60fps on the X
>imagine actually wanting to use M/KB for halo
>imagine having to play with jimmy and bob all the time because the player pool is so small
>imagine wanting to play with aimbotting faggots every other game
>imagine being able to see through walls

simply yikes without a doubt.

Attached: 9763E55E-A6CB-4691-95DF-7DC8A4C76C03.jpg (225x224, 8K)

>too poor to afford another drive to dual boot with
lmaoo

I remember at my daycare we'd get 8 people on this map with 2 of those giant sand crawler things and use them like pirate ships. One team on each sand crawler, and the only weapons are the Brute grenade launcher. Great times.

Attached: 2dwasdy.jpg (1536x1152, 152K)

Have you got a source for that? Honestly I only ever see complaints about Windows 10 in Halo threads. One of my mates is a bit of a conspiracy theorist and refused the update too.

Going onto Google, Facebook or Youtube is about as bad as having Windows 10 if you are really paranoid about personal information harvesting.

Tell everyone here what though, regardless of your OS I want to point you a google: “someonewhocares hosts”

On most computers there will be a ‘hosts’ file that converts domains (websites) into IP addresses (1.2.3.4). Usually this information comes from a Domain Name Server (DNS), I’m not sure on the specifics but I think your ISP tends to determine which server that is for you. Basically, the DNS is a massive online address book for IP-addresses-to-domains. Your ‘hosts’ file is basically a local custom copy of the same thing. Your computer will prioritize looking in the hosts file before going to a DNS; so if you fill your hosts file with all the bad shit in the internet like advertisement and bot servers and redirect that stuff to 0.0.0.0 it basically works as an ad-blocker.

So basically you can turn off ads and spyware nonsense if you keep the file up to date; using your own operating system instead of third party software that slows your shit down. In fact this speeds your shit UP because it checks locally instead of on a DNS for every ad banner.

Now buy Windows 10 goyims.

can't wait to pirate it

>4k
Lol

More important in the novels.

>That one Engineer and his Grunt friend that accidentally'd the entire ship

post ur mapfu

Attached: lock.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Attached: Halo_Combat_Evolved-Timberland.jpg (1200x900, 530K)

what was that one map in halo 2 with the buildings and the bridge in the middle?

I want a Halo battle-royale where whatever fuck-off big map has some of these spawned around. I want to have a team or four and drive this towards the centre of the map having pirate battles - boarding enemy ones; jumping from cliffs down ontop of them. Collecting Warthogs in the back to deploy.

>playing chicken with these babies in team battle with your homies getting ready to board the other teams

Attached: 1552341949174.png (467x458, 431K)

If I bought it for the Xbone will I have it on PC too? The games are crossbuy right? I wanna fucking play it and sold my xbox ages ago.

>Halo Infinite won't just be Planetside with a Halo skin
Feels bad

ZIMBUBWE

Attached: 433E2F9A-C360-44A5-904E-94A8D870245D.jpg (640x480, 28K)

>tfw get to play Halo 3 on PC

Attached: 8f9.gif (613x626, 277K)

I've read Fall of Reach, Flood, First Contact, Ghost of Onyx, Contact Harvest, Cole Protocol, Glassands, Thursday War, and Mortal Dictata. Could understand the plot of 343 games after that.

Attached: maxresdefault(24).jpg (1280x720, 189K)

If you have digital, it will probably be free on pc

Is Halo 3's forge upgraded at all in MCC, or is it the same as the original?

Some of these maps only work when the players are slow-moving; slow-turning; and inaccurate.

A bunch of PC players with BRs would make this the worst feeling shit to whoever gets the low-ground.

matchmaking uses microsoft servers, but if you want to do custom matches then yes, it uses you as the host

When playing eldewito, the BR felt so off, probbalt due to no aim assist but man I was sniping people like crazy

>Was Reach any good?
Reach was both good and bad.
Pros:
>improved hit detection
>a slightly more varied lot of useful weapons
>the best campaign easter eggs
>some of the campaign peaks
>"improved" Theater mode, let you backtrack properly(?)
>improved Forge mechanics
Cons:
>Reticle Bloom
>new melee system
>Armor Abilities
>Loadouts
>artstyle change
>the worst selection of maps known to man, so bad that Matchmaking ended up being nothing but old maps remade in Forge World
>Forge mode lost any soul it had, as every single item used for building was grey and dull, removed tons of small aesthetic items
>removal of ranks for a new arena mode that barely anyone gave a shit about
>the lows of the campaign
>theater mode removed the ability to watch with friends
>removal of Elites outside of Invasion mode
>backstab animation would play even if you only tapped the melee button from time to time

Reach wasn't necessarily a bad game, but the shit they added fucked the series for good, and armor abilities and loadouts were a huge turn-off for pre-Reach fags. It also killed one of my favorite gametypes (Grifball), thanks to new physics/gravity hammer change and the melee change, which still triggers me. I played every Halo prior to Reach from launch to launch, Reach is the only one that I dropped after about a year. I became a PCfag and never looked back, as did literally every Halo player I was friends with. I still have some good memories with it (Reach Beta, NASCAR, Racing being an actual thing), but the game just felt dull as fuck and really had the CoD vibe that was never relevant in the previous games.
I hope to God you're right.

Screencap this when you are all, ONCE AGAIN, SHIT ON BY MICROSOFT!

WE AINT GETTING SHIT!

HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GONNA FALL FOR THEIR LIES?

You are correct, this shit happened in ED a lot. Hell, part of the reason I stopped playing ED was because the dumb as redditors would constantly play shitty maps like Vahalla with fucking AR starts, so whoever won the first fight just won the match. However, there's an easy fix for High Ground: AR starts and then removing all long distance weapons from the defending side, or only leave 1 or 2. This way, even if the attacking team has height disadvantage, they'll have numbers advantage.
I'm not falling for shit. If it get's announced, it get's announced. If not, who gives a shit.

Headlong?

Knowing 343, they will probably announce a gimped version for pc. Like 1 game mode from Halo 2 and it will be a Games Pass exclusive

I swear to god if they remove matchmaking and just make it a server browser I'm going to kill myself.

Halo 2 was my favorite game off all time before they removed the online features, and I refuse to buy an xbone. This is my only hope. Please don't fuck this up M$.

Guardian. Home.

Attached: H3_MP_Guardian_Env4.jpg (1000x563, 84K)

What are the odds of this coming to platforms other than the Windows Store?

THQ apparently played some role in getting Microsoft to put more games on platforms like Steam, but they haven't made all of them available on different platforms.

Attached: sadcowboykitten.jpg (900x900, 50K)

>Prefering match making over a server browser
????
Literally why would you want less options? If you want match making, just open a server browser and click one at random

/g/ here

>Have you got a source for that?
take a look here twitter.com/0xUID/status/1103776864752074752
Microsoft open sourced their windows 10 calculator program, and it sends back whatever you type in it. I don't think it's an unrealistic assumption to make that they send back everything you type if even their goddamn calculator has a keylogger built in.

>Going onto Google, Facebook or Youtube is about as bad as having Windows 10
Not at all. Google gets only the information you give it. Same with facebook and youtube (you can use umatrix/ubo to block their scripts on other sites). Windows 10 gets everything you do whether or not you choose to share it with microsoft.

>hosts file
It's been proven that if you try and block microsoft telemetry IPs in your hosts file, windows 10 (and 8) will actually ignore those entries and contact the IPs anyway
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/the-win8-dnsapi-dll-ms-domains-hosts-file-thing.57804/

Why the fuck don't they expand Forge into a proper mod tool? Just let us import custom meshes and textures, and expose the basic scripting functionality used for weapons to let us make those.

>What are the odds of this coming to platforms other than the Windows Store?
00%

or at least it was till i camped the grav lift

I wonder if controller only lobbies would be a good idea

OH NONONONONO

Attached: 4325324621245252.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

>plug controller in
>use mouse an keyboard anyway

Attached: 1516875597137.gif (500x650, 840K)

>All those qt asian women
Nice

Win7 is fucked next year m8 good luck

>women
user I...

Attached: 1502684247447.png (500x624, 242K)

Sad but true, Halo Online was a cruel lesson in why Halo's multiplayer becomes horribly lopsided when everyone can aim

At least the campaigns will be fun

Install Windows 10, then activate it by purchasing a Windows 10 Home or Pro license on the Microsoft Store.

Attached: 23251000.jpg (997x2048, 439K)

>using my XIM on my PC
it'll be fucking hilarious. Also
>using steam controller gyro aiming with controller
hype

Is cortana a sub or dom?

Attached: Thepit_1.jpg (1536x1152, 272K)

based

Purchase the Master Chief Collection on the Microsoft Store, click the install button, and then wait for the installation to finish.

You may now play the Master Chief Collection.

Attached: 23251001.jpg (997x2048, 396K)

Killer Instinct is on Steam & is still crossplay with Microsoft store & xbox version. Dont know if the Steam version requires windows 10 though

>Windows 10
Pic related, me dodging this shit

Attached: Ricardo.gif (320x240, 393K)

she's a switch

Attached: tenor.gif (494x278, 891K)

>tfw 24/7 blood gulch

Attached: 1552044715850.gif (410x268, 1.62M)

If I were to put an honest number on it, 20%. I think Microsoft knows that there isn't loads of money to be made selling an almost 5 year old collection of games on its special snowflake storefront, but then again, I think the Sunset Overdrive port was Windows store exclusive so there's already a precedent.

based

my dick

>I think the Sunset Overdrive port was Windows store exclusive so there's already a precedent.

store.steampowered.com/app/847370/Sunset_Overdrive/

she really has no right being this hot

Why didn't you fuckers just play with /hog/?

Attached: tankwars.jpg (3803x3240, 935K)

FINISH THE FIGHT

START A NEW FIGHT

Oh shit. Yeah disregard that, then. It might just happen.

God i wanna slap those hard light butt cheeks

Sunset Overdrive is on Steam. I dont know if it was on launch. That along with KI might at least mean it'll come to Steam at a later date

that fov looks fucking retarded lmao

Attached: d5wj932-247975bf-0c23-430d-90e6-f8f55b6e1711.png (745x864, 792K)

I don't want to give my hopes up, but games like Sunset were brought to Steam and even took advantage of its features.

But then they didn't bother bringing other games to Steam.

You guys are delusional and only setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Halo might not be as popular as it used to be, but it is still Microsoft's golden goose. If they really want to push adoption of windows store, there is literally not a better way they could do it than to make MCC exclusive.

The hype is stupidly out of control for a series that only had two games on PC and the last one released over ten years ago. People are starving for more and most of them will install whatever client you tell them to for this game.

oh no, women, far less women than men I'm so scared.......

Not seeing the trannies like with Bungie.
>non-binary
What the fuck?

That sure worked well for Halo 2, which was Microsoft's bait-and-switch to get PC users to embrace GFWL

Not even Halo is enough for PC gamers to tolerate Microsoft's shitty storefronts

it was enough for gamers to use GFWL, which just so happened to be shit.
I think it'll be enough for gamers to try the Microsoft Store, and hopefully it isn't shit this time.

Halo 2 Vista's failure had nothing to do with the fact that it used GFWL, it was on fucking Windows Vista and didn't work with XP, and I don't think works on 7-- of fucking course it failed. It would be as if they released MCC on *WINDOWS 8*, which nobody in their right fucking mind wanted to use

>botnet
Niggers like you who spread this meme (and more importantly, continuing to misuse that word) need to be banned from owning a PC.

so it's not a persistent dedicated server then
fucking regressive garbage
why they always gotta castrate em like this

I like how you can read the words "it might just happen" and instantly construe that to mean "CONFIRMED 4 STEEM FUCK XBONERS FUCK WINDOWS STORE".

Buenos dias Cortana

>*HOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNKKKKK*

Attached: 71e.jpg (640x480, 48K)

there is literally a 0% chance it's coming to steam, and to say anything else is to lie.

midship

plz tell me this means I'll get a revival of the glory days of xbl halo 2 and to a lesser extent glory days halo 3.

I wan't to relive those years

I did until /hg/ ruined our general and Bonnie killed our game.

There are more PC Halo games on Steam than Windows store. Even with two of those three steam games being $3 cash grab tier games and if you do count Halo 5's forge mode as a game, I'd wager that the series has more sales on steam just by virtue of the service being more popular.
Even with that said, it's obviously more likely to be a windows store exclusive, but it's not impossible.

>People care about a game that's been broken since release

Sad

>Strafe acceleration
>Clamber speed
>these aren't maxed out to begin with
343 knows what the game needs to be enjoyable and just won't do it.

Attached: 1550030447066.png (692x765, 365K)

Clamber just shouldn't be there to begin with.

Where is this from? I know it's Halo 5 but did 343 do this?

Nice. Now clamber and ADS toggles also, and a better art-style, and maybe I'll give Infinite a try

It's just a custom game option.

It would be instantly LESS shit if it was instant.

And they knew this, to even add it as an option, and still did nothing.

Does this mean the multiplayer will be on PC too?

yes bro, everything

Oh

a lot of the pc maps were underrated

Neat.

I only eve rplayed Halo 1 and 2 on PC. Never played anything else. I'd love to give halo 1-3 and ODST a try on PC.

dumb frog poster

3 is best if you have buddies to co-op
Fuck, if anything, what made Halo so great was splitscreen. Shame the PC releases omit that.

why did they give her cute feets she is robot

Hey I was a bit late reading this but thanks for responding. You are right, I remember hearing about some explicit Microsoft domains that skip the hosts file. Luckily it’s just telemetry but I get it - by agreeing to their operating system you are at their mercy and there could be any number of spy-like services going on beyond what we know.

I personally go on the Windows 10 copies my friends and family have; set their hosts up and lock down their Cortana services; profiling; telemetry and all that nonsense.

I remember when 10 first launched there was an option to share your network passwords with “nearby contacts” in a vague and scary sense. Like if you were “contacts” with your neighbor in theory they’d get a free pass to your wi-fi.

if you must run windows 10, then try to find a build of LTSC. It's windows 10 with no microsoft apps, no cortana, no automatic updates, and a lower telemetry level than any other version.
It doesn't get feature updates but only security, which means you won't have any buggy updates ruining shit for you.
Only problem with that version is that in April there is an update to windows 10 that somehow allows PCs to run xbox one games, and if the MCC port relies on that I won't be able to play the game on this version since I won't get the update.

i'd fuck the qt asians with the sweater puppies desu

Put if on Steam for fucks sake
The amount of money they would not make keeping it on the windows store is obscene

he burned my patch

>Take me home!

Attached: 87DD8D6A-19CD-407B-BA54-7DAC701FBC3C.png (640x360, 268K)

Most people disagree with me, but i know i am right.

Attached: 1549756659360.jpg (1280x1024, 439K)

MCC is probably one of the few things that people would actually use w10 store for. And if they can get people ON to the store, they c an sell them other shit. That's the whole point. You need one big blockbuster, when people are in, they'll say "well it's already installed, this is exclusive too, might as well check it out".

While minecraft was supposed to be the big one, java has basically remained more relevant because muh mods. So this would absolutely be the big boy in terms of dragging in a bunch of millenials to the w10 store to play it and shill it for them.

Finally, a reason to install Windows 10

From my experience a trial of Minecraft and Candy Crush Saga are essentially the new Minesweeper and Solitaire of pre-installed Windows games lately.

I bet it's fucking nothing. I'll eat my shoe on stream if this actually happens (it won't).

I feel like one of the eight people in the world that loved Snowbound.

Attached: Sb_landscape2.jpg (1600x900, 288K)

theres alot of cute girls here

Since when did Atriox identify as a woman?

VETO VETO VETO ! FUCK FUCK FUCK

HATE snowbound.

STUPID FUCKING SNOWBOUND

halo 3 was one of the last times in my life I was genuinely happy. I can't wait to load up halo 3 multiplayer again and binge all night. People talk about their WoW addiction, but Halo 3 is genuinely home for me.

Tfw it will die on PC instantly because its a console shooter and not a shooter made for PC

Most probably because its a w10 exclusive, in the microsoft store and with no dedicated servers.

If you are like me you’ll remember being an absolute god of Halo 3; assult-rifle-melee comboing entire teams while you sail above their plebian aim-assist heads using the Boxer or Bumper Jumper setups.

Then you’ll hop into this and get headshot over and over from mouse-and-keyboard players taking advantage of the slow movement speeds and forgiving hitboxes that are now unrestrained by thumbsticks. The THRUM of battle-rifle rounds striking your head as you walk around corners on The Pit will persist long after you shut the game down. Haunting you.

Seriously though three guys firing their battle rifles at you at the same time kills you; so it plays like absolute shit when that’s all everyone actually uses.

The monkey paw tightens.

>no response

d-dose that mean I don't get to relive the short period of happiness in my life?
Is the mustard community fail to deliver on that perfect mix of competitive play, autism, and underage rage where everyone used their mic that made the online of halo 2 & 3 so great

Attached: bowser-ganon_disgust-confusion.png (583x256, 72K)

Halo children

For all of you PCbros that have never played a Halo game, I'd recommend reading some of the books before jumping into Master Chief Collection. You don't have to read all of them as there's like over 20+ books, but I'd recommend at least reading The Fall of Reach.

If you REALLY liked Fall of Reach, I'd recommend First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx after that.

Basically it goes:
The Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx

However The Flood is completely optional as it is literally Halo: Combat Evolved but in book form.

Attached: 220px-Halo_-_The_Fall_of_Reach.jpg (220x362, 29K)

I love Snowbound too user.

reminder that people only picked avalanche because it was easy to spawn camp

>2000 +19
>reading books
>ever

That's a big Oof for me

Attached: 1674537890.jpg (632x470, 63K)

I just realized how retarded of a placement those storage racks were on the front of that whatever you call it.

Matchmaking allows you to create a party and be able to stay together game by game, all while earning ranks and getting better. A server browser would be fine for custom games, but I want to actually play halo multiplayer the way it was designed for the first time on PC.

Don't give up hope yet user. I think most people are excited for the very reason that they think it'll kind of replicate that.

It's pretty much required once you get into Halo 4 and 5 though. Unless you want to be one of those retards that hate Halo 4 and 5 because they don't understand whats happening and who all these new people are, even though they were all explained in the books.

you can do that with any server as long as it has enough open slots for your party.

user please. Stop. Just...please.

Attached: anonno.png (284x215, 63K)

Exactly. It's conditional. Halo 2 invented the idea of the "virtual couch" and that has never been implemented on a PC halo game. That's why I want it to be retained in MCC.

>Don't worry guys you just need to read 10 books to understand the plot of 2 shit games
>>He thinks this is acceptable story telling.

The books have always been side canon and were only canon if they didn't contradict anything in the games and hey spoiler alert Halo 1 already contradicts Fall of Reach

Is this a legitmate concern?

I'm not sure I care anyways to be honest the story co-op alone will be awesome to re experience with my brother after we played so much as kids.

I've read quite a few vidya related almost all scifi/fantasy novels and Ghosts of Onyx was one of the few that I'd say really stood up as a good book on its own if you're ignoring books that had vidya based off them like witcher and metro

fall of reach was also great but I don't know if its because I only read it twice in my life: once when I was a 11 year old raging halo fan and once again 6 or 7 years later as a teen digesting his disappointment Halo Reach even more unfortunate that now I have to call that the last vidya release in the halo saga
anyways halo book recommending user has pretty good taste I give him one kirby thumb up

Attached: kirbythumbsup.jpg (630x630, 20K)

I played through the entire Halo series for the first time on Xbone thanks to that collection. It's pretty good but holy shit they dropped the ball hard with Halo 4, and Halo 5 should just not exist.

This applies to every Halo game when you play it against people who can aim. You can get teamshot to death in every halo game in under a second. Go watch Snipedown 4SK people consistently even with a controller and Halo 3's shoddy netcode and BR spread.

Halo is a team game and your ability to aim is an order of magnitude less important than your map knowledge and team coordination. Thats what stops you from being chain killed by decent teams, not styling on people with no fucking thumbs.

I actually bought The Fall of Reach YEARS ago but never actually read it because I was a kid and the book was far too advanced for me
It's long lost by now since I've moved like 4 times since then
I have problems reading anyways but I'd love to give it another shot if I come across another copy at some point

I want to play this so bad but I am NOT installing that Windows 10 garbage really tho fuck paying $100 for an OS just to pay more $$$ for more games

Attached: 1508190672207.jpg (208x208, 14K)

good thing I got it FOR FREE

on your best buy prebuild, congrats grandma : )

Attached: 0215454.jpg (670x440, 293K)

You can easily get it and activate for free

reminder it's going to be Win10/Microsoft Store exclusive

Attached: 1549561426027.jpg (768x652, 78K)

Pretty sure there's more than a few Y chromosomes in that pic

um no, on my windows 8 key... I wouldn't have upgraded if I had 7, but 8 was enough of a steaming pile of shit that I didn't mind abandoning ship

I gave my opinion on it in depth here >Bloom
This was never a bad thing, people freaking out over it was always stupid: Bloom was an IMPROVEMENT over 3's random spread since at least in reach the level of spread was displayed on your reticule, and you could avoid it via shot placemeht, wheras 3's spread was always as bad as it was regardless of fire speed.

>new melee system
You mean shield burst? This isn't an objectively bad change either, it meant that if you rushed in and melee'd prematuraly you'd get punished for it. It rewarded patience.

>Armor Abilities
>Loadouts
I agree armor abilities are bad, but it makes zero sense to list these as two distinct points since outside of specific modes like invasion, loadouts were litterally just armor abiloity selection

>artstyle change
Subjective, plenty of people love Reach's visual design

>Forge mode lost any soul it had...
This is a load of bullshit, because it was no different in Halo 3: The only maps youi could effectively forge on were Sandbox and Foundry, and both were limited in theme as well. You may have lost a few aeshetical items, but you gained so many more functional ones.

>the lows of the campaign
I honestly don't think Reach has that many campaign lows? 3, ODST, and Reach all are pretty coinsistent in terms of mission quality relative to CE and 2. In fact, i'd say Reach and ODST are more consistent then 3, since while 3 has a few really fantastic missions, a bunch of alright ones, and 1 bad one, Reach and ODST both have a full set of alright to great missions, with no fantastic ones but no bad ones.

5's so called """"""""""ADS""""""""" preforms exactly as zoom always has, it's just made to look like ADS. and there's nothing wrong with clamber as it's implemented in 5 either since crouch jumps and grenade jumps are still a thing, and the game in general has more skilljumps then any other halo game thanks to thrust, hover, etc.

>Windows Store
No thanks

Attached: 1536731964390.jpg (531x531, 20K)

>this image is probably from Halo 3 or CoD4

Press x you retards

Why are you so autistic?

>3
>2
>1
>...
>(B)

You don't, 4 litterally explains all the shit it has in it more then CE, 2, or 3 does.

The problem with 4's plot isn't that it's reliant on the books, it isn't, it's that 343 fucking sucks at writing.

See above, you don't need to read the books to understand 4, because 4's writing sucks either way. At most it will help you not misunderstood 1 specific cutscene and have a little extra context for the new covenant faction, and the didact/librarian, but those things are already addressed in game with as much or more explkanation then past halo games gave for their shit.

>he books have always been side canon and were only canon if they didn't contradict anything in the games and hey spoiler alert Halo 1 already contradicts Fall of Reach
I don't know why people keep repeating this bullshit myth. "Game canon overides book canon" doesn't fucking mean that litterally everything in game as it exists exactrly oiverrides the books, it means that specific plot and event differences has the games override the novels.

The books are still canonical for stuff like giving the specific inteepration of the game's events assuming there are no major contradicts, so The Flood's more detailed version of the events of CE are canon in the places where there are no large contradictions

Fall of Reach is solid but there's plenty of better Halo novels. Ghosts of Onyx, Evolutions, Contact Harvest, the Forerunner triology, Last Light, Broken circle, etc. In general for as shit as 343 is at writing in 4 and 5, most of their books are really solid as indiuval products (not so much in terms of the overall state of the universe)

>giving posts that are more then 2 sentence shitposts is "autism" now

Is this guy the ACfag of Halo threads?

Who here going to use a controller over m&kb?

I know I will. Don't care if I spend half the match dead.

>Windows Store

Attached: 1342747096718.png (413x455, 369K)

>Forerunner triology
that's cause they got Bear, who's a proper scifi author, to write them

Your opinion is shit and you're a fucking faggot for blatantly ignoring or removing parts of what I said in order to make your points.

Attached: 1547333818240.png (1176x562, 563K)

Is this why they killed el dewrito

user, I think you are just being pesmissiting: Anything I didn't reply to, I excluded not in order to make you look stupid or wrong, but because I agreed with it and therefore had nothing to criticize: I didn't mention or reply anything about the MP maps, reank removal, theater, elites, etc because I agreed with your points there

or if you mean how I only put 1 or 2 words per greentext line, because I needed to cut space to get under the character limit.

that image is so 2007 it physically hurts to look at

Why not just play it on Xbox then?

>or if you mean how I only put 1 or 2 words per greentext line, because I needed to cut space to get under the character limit.
"Reticle" is important because that's what people complained about, Bloom was not the thing people hated, Reticle Bloom was. For people that were good at the game, it was an annoyance because it cluttered the screen when trying to go for headshots. All it did was help shitters who held the trigger down or went for body shots. Also the whole forge part you didn't read what I wrote and even confirmed what I listed as a con was true. Go reread them, then reread your post, and realize you just said the same thing I was talking about: Forge was mechanically better, but lost "soul", color, whatever you want to call it in exchange. Every fucking map is grey. Grey, grey, grey. It was an eyesore, and the lack of misc. objects to place did not help the cause.

I now sleep and hope to wake up to some good news tomorrow. Later faggots.

Attached: 1551423118912.jpg (1000x747, 46K)

>Fresh stories doing the rounds today are using the Master Chief Collection’s Windows Store listing as evidence that the game is finally coming to PC. Under the supported platforms section, the Surface Hub is listed alongside the Xbox One. Unfortunately, this is not new, this has been an error on the Windows Store listing for quite some time. It is also worth noting that the Surface Hub is Microsoft’s Windows 10-powered all-in-one PC aimed at businesses and collaborative teams. We don’t know why this error has been left there for so long, but I doubt it is intended to be a sneaky tease for PC support.

The other piece of evidence doing the rounds today is an old piece of box art that mistakenly listed The Master Chief Collection for both Xbox One and Windows 10. This art popped up back in 2017 and quickly spurred another round of ‘Halo on PC’ rumours that did not come to fruition. 343 Industries confirmed at the time that this was an error.

retards

Attached: 1543312541733.png (1440x2560, 746K)

Windows 10 was a free update for a long time to anyone on win7 or 8 when it released

Fuck me veto
fucking hell jim
why do we even invite you fuck
fucking veto guys
im really sorry
stupid fucking snowbound fuck
but fr tho i miss those days and would happily play at snowbound for the lels

It was leaked by a jornalist that has leaked other microsoft related stuff
Retard

Brainlet here, if it goes to PC, will there be MP and where would the vast majority of players play MP on?

Attached: 1490804260011.jpg (456x628, 606K)

What if it's Microsoft xCloud or some lame-o shit like that

what a complete faggot

Yea Forums WILL BE PLAYING
HALO 2 BABYYYYYYYY

this guy stole all my tinfoil and wont give it back

If they bring back Reach I might just get it.

Attached: fpbp halo.png (1893x189, 116K)

I literally don't even know how to access the microsoft store.

nah
halo 3 baby

nah
Halo Reach for life

Based, underrated post

Sadly Halo 3, probably.

faggot

no
nah
ha
HALO CE
BABY

>4's opening
>"What did I miss?"
>"Not much."
4 might've had problems but that was a good ass joke.

They put just the 5 forge mode on because small install, free, quick dirty port job, and served as incentive to check out the microcock store and get something from there at least once. I faintly remember it being unoptimized though. What I really wanted on there though was Rare Replay, it's like the only Xbone exclusive I want that isn't on pc.

Halo 5's core gameplay and multiplayer is actually pretty great, as long as the mere idea of the whole thruster/hover movement stuff doesn't turn you off of it, which it does for a lot of people even though there's no reason those don't work with halo's core gameplay

The reason forge (and custom games, so technically combined with the server broiwser you have the whole MP suite aside from warzone) got a PC port is because Halo 5's forge mode is basically as big, if not bigger a jump from reach/h2a's forge as reach's forge was from 3, and is damn near an actual dev tool by now, and they wanted people to be able to design maps using it with thew freedoim M+KB offers

Attached: Halo 5 forge duck hunt.webm (720x404, 1.04M)

>which it does for a lot of people even though there's no reason those don't work with halo's core gameplay
There are multiple reasons every thread.

its the only fps i will play for the rest of my life if its true

HOW MANY HOURS UNTIL THE INSIDE XBOX THING STARTS?

Attached: 53425342235.jpg (600x488, 171K)

And I haven't found a single one of them convincing, and every single time i've pointed out why people's arguements are flawed, people dpon't have a counterarguement and just shitpost in reply.

If you are up to have an actual back and forth discussion about it, cool, then let's have one.

If every argument you've heard on the topic is wrong, you need to rethink who the shitposter here is.

are you rushing all the way round?

I agree with everything you say aside from the artstyle change being a negative. Reach is the only halo game where the armour looks weighty and like metal.

Also armour abilities could've been perfect if they were single use like the bubble shields/flares etc of h3

Attached: fullbody.png (320x704, 211K)

This, if Halo 2 didn't require windows Vista when it came out it would still be played today without requiring Project Cartographer

So when can we expect this to be confirmed or denied?

I remember reading in a halo thread that each had a good soundtrack with a lot of throwbacks, was that really the case?
I never played anything beyond 3.

2pm Pacific time.

>introduce a cordened off, hyper picky and hardcore market to your shooter franchise by giving them entries in your series with gameplay styles you've abandoned

If this gets confirmed and H5 isn't bundled i'm gonna go ahead and say this is confirmation that Halo Infinite is going to be classic style.

There is NO WAY they'd be that stupid otherwise, right?

Attached: IMG_0869.jpg (1080x1080, 104K)

about 12

do you know who jonas salk was?
he was the jewish scientist that cured polio. he created the march of dimes to raise millions to fund his research.
polio was a crippling and deadly disease putting children all over the world into a wheelchair or an early grave. the vaccine for polio was one of the greatest medical achievements of the last century. its a globally essential medicine.
and this guy jonas salk?
he could have made billions from it. he could have patented it and made actual billions of dollars.
you know what he did? he waived the patent. he gave up billions just to make sure as many people who could be helped got the help they needed. he became a celeb after that even though he hated it. truly a great man and he left the world a better place than he came into it.

If I had a choice between polio existing in the USA/world and jews. I would choose polio every single time and twice on sundays. I would infect myself with polio and tour america spreading the disease in a custom built wheelchair or crutches if it meant all the jews and their influence were excised from my country like the cancer they are.
polio is nothing compared to the harmful effects of jews on the USA and world.I would give anything to live in a world where our biggest problem was building access ramps and compliance with the civil disabilities act.

that sounds like hyperbole. it is not. 100% authentic feelings. I cant sleep at night anymore. I wish I never started questioning things. I wish I was still a dumb rube out there able to laugh at things instead of a woke misanthrope. I envy the dumb.

If I already own this on Xbone X, would there be any advantage to getting this on PC?

Attached: 1551737984309.jpg (640x476, 27K)

kb&m

>he could have made billions from it. he could have patented it and made actual billions of dollars.
>you know what he did? he waived the patent. he gave up billions just to make sure as many people who could be helped got the help they needed. he became a celeb after that even though he hated it. truly a great man and he left the world a better place than he came into it.
>If I had a choice between polio existing in the USA/world and jews. I would choose polio every single time and twice on sundays.

What the fuck

I know right? No Jew would give away free medicine when he could bank on billions of dollars. That guy is full of shit.

Attached: Turf.png (1280x960, 1.54M)

Halo Wars 2 is a better benchmark. Latest Halo game that's been Microsoft Store exclusive for two years now. Same for Halo 5 Forge.

>want to play Halo
>install Microsoft Store
>Microsoft Store installs Skype, Xbox, Cortana and one billion other useless softwares
No thanks pajeet

I molest mouse players with my controller on El Dewrito. Bring it.

Halo 5 will also be included + Halo 3 Remake using the SlipSpace Engine

Attached: halo5.png (469x215, 13K)

>+ Halo 3 Remake using the SlipSpace Engine

Attached: gokustare.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

Attached: halo-infinite-reveal-8.jpg (800x339, 59K)

What if I just read some fanfiction, is that good enough?

The average Halo toddler.

Attached: 1487769053355.jpg (602x792, 188K)

>hurrr why dont they make dem shooterz like they used to
>oldschool Arena shooter Comes out
>*crickets*
>game Fails, Server shut down
>hurrr why dont they make dem shooterz like they used to

>being a Quakecel

I'm gonna play Ion Maiden and Halo MCC PC and you can't stop me.

probably cause it would be really easier to add since it uses Halo 3's engine.

Considering i'm always the one who actually gives in depth replies and explains their reasoning while everybody else just goes "haha c-cringe", without any counterpoints, I still say it's them.

No, the Halo books are atually decent.

Does anyone own any games on the microsoft store? whats it like?
if this is real i will be forced to get it.

I don't know either, all I know is that everyone will be doing the same as you

If it comes to pc how good pc should i have tho ?

Apparently xbox one ports run very well

I did the gamepass thing to play Rare's pirate bullshit for a month. You have to deal with the xbox garbage if you want to do anything. It boggles my fucking mind that the xbone has to deal with it and people actually accept it.

UWP games are optimized really well, you'll probably be able to play it on 360 tier hardware desu

I own GoW4

The store is terrible but the game runs like a dream. Phil said they would fix the store atleast

>Considering i'm always the one who actually gives in depth replies and explains their reasoning while everybody else just goes "haha c-cringe", without any counterpoints
Keep telling yourself that. You just use shotgun argumentation and spam a ton of pasta you made while ignoring all the counterpoints made against them.

See you next time you pull that shit, though. Retard.

Attached: Laskek.png (331x345, 170K)