World design of Dark Souls 1 with lots of verticality

>World design of Dark Souls 1 with lots of verticality
>Advanced movement systems both in and out of combat
>More in depth combat system than any Souls game
>Multiple approaches to boss fights
>Death now has a tangible effect on the game world
This unironically looks like a masterpiece, why has the reception here been overwhelmingly negative?

Attached: Sekiro_SDT.jpg (1080x600, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
pcgamesn.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-world-design
youtube.com/watch?v=5n7y4bFemL0
youtube.com/watch?v=NoWI1LazLtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tpYH0a1o05Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>souls combat with no weapon variety
that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg
>b-but you have to actually block attacks now
i don't care

Last game a bunch of autists started reeee-ing at me for saying this was a soulslike game.

*Last thread

Fear.

It's because of no PvP, so invaderfags will have to fuck off and hold out for more than a year or so in DaS3. Also retards who don't know there are actually two weapons and many combat arts and shinobi perks.

Basically this. It is a soulslike game with no customization of appearance, stats or equipment and no online for pvp or co-op.

>soul combat
Good meme

Please spam this about 30 times a day till release date. You know to counter the other autist needlessly trashing the game when its not even out yet

Because Yea Forums likes games it already likes, so anything new is being thrashed.

Attached: wheresthemoney.png (671x611, 395K)

Activision

The only people who hate invasions are thosr dumb enough not to realize that you only ember yourself or restore humanity if you want to experience online play and that singleplayer is balanced around being unembered/hollowed.

>implying I hate invaders
>strawmanning this hard

Dumbed down, casualized action Souls, with a weeb environment, instead of gothic medieval.

You were literally just crying about invaders in the post I quoted. Go back and reread it if you've forgotten already.

>30fps

Attached: 1552194149012.jpg (474x474, 26K)

>Dumbed down

>Console

Attached: c4a9cafe23d05cabbf611d187bdbb2f7.jpg (960x720, 113K)

Reading comprehension

Attached: 1460791977075.png (476x484, 35K)

Because of secondaries who only watch invasion YouTube compilations and can't actually play the games without grinding.

>playing games on a console
??

I bet you bought DMC5 on console too lmao fucking retards...

Autist coming through

>It's because of no PvP, so invaderfags will have to fuck off and hold out for more than a year or so in DaS3.
"Hehehe, I wasn't crying about invaders in a souls game, I was telling them to fuck off, I only had one tear drip down my cheek as I suppressed all the memories of getting buttkicked online"

Shoo, autist

>there are actually two weapons
TWO whole weapons!?!?!?!?

Attached: aw8ebd.jpg (1023x680, 463K)

Fromsoft deviates from their standard formula:
>autistic screeching
Gamefreak releases the same exact game again:
>autistic screeching
Faggots will complain no matter what a developer does.

It's dark souls except
>stealth
>instant kills
>grapple hooks
>jumping
>climbing
>wall jumping
>swimming
>different level design to accommodate all the new methods of getting around
>no blocking
>no leveling
>no coop
>no builds
>no shield
>no iframes
>different controls
>different respawn and death mechanics
>no stamina
>new fatigue bar
>different currency mechanics
>different exp mechanics
>voiced and named protagonist
>different setting
Seriously the only thing this game shares with other from soft titles is r1 to attack. What do you think this game has that makes it like other from titles I'm struggling to see it

Attached: 1547951458919.gif (222x400, 2.93M)

>invaderfags
Is this what made you seethe, invadernigger?

>purposefully ignore the combat arts
b-based retard

amazing

In other words, it's nothing like Dark Souls nor is it trying to be.

>defending two (2) weapons

Attached: 1544742742196.gif (480x238, 415K)

>Skill trees replace the RPG stat leveling
>Unlockable combat arts
>Two weapons
>Prosthetics that have a range of utilities (e.g. Hyperarmour axe, flame vent), obtained from the world and levels
>Dodges have the narrowest i-frames yet in a From game
>You can jump vertically now, no need to run
>Timing deflects, instead of blocking
>Only parrying mechanism is the mikiri, which is only for thrust attacks
>No stamina
>Posture bar: fully filling up the posture meter by attacking and deflecting allows you to strike a critical that removes all their health, they have multiple revives though
>This applies to you aswell
>Timed deflects do posture damage to enemy, however the posture damage is very little, you inflict significantly more posture damage by attacking and performing mikiri (when appropriate)
>This means you can't just stand and deflect
>Perilous attacks like horizontal swipes cannot be blocked, perfect blocked or dodged through, only jumped over
>Posture bar can deplete over time
>You obtain a revive (gained from killing sufficient amount of enemies), so you can come back to life after dying
>Dying induces a world tendency equivalent in Sekiro called dragonrot, an illness that spreads to friendly NPCs in the hub
>More you die, the less chance of "unseen aid" from these NPCs and will eventually lock you out of dialogue, lose chance to obtain useful items/bars progression
>It is said to kill, expect NPCs to die and affect the narrative
>Multiple (4) endings
>World design is their biggest one yet, opens up significantly, early on. Expect it be like DaS1 level design
>There will be multiple mini bosses before a true boss

Music, art style, enemy design, interface, same lore-through-items storytelling technique, etc.

It's Dark Souls/BB with the MMO elements stripped out and replaced with even more kino.

>This kills the Soulsfag

>Is this what made you seethe, invadernigger?

No, because

>>verticality
shut up saint

> crtl + f tenchu
> 0/0

> crtl + f souls
>1/9

Attached: 4123626245.png (1600x1200, 503K)

This.

it's not much like either

its retards being retards user. game will be superb. glhf.

Attached: 89534.jpg (1920x1080, 566K)

Its not? ive only watch a few minutes to not spoil it but it looked very tenchu

SOULS
SOULSSOULSSOULS
SOOOUUUUUULLLSSSSSSSSSS
HAHA VIDEO GAME!

fuck you don't insult tenchu like that

there's something to be said about it sharing some DNA from both but my impressions are that this game is entirely it's own thing. It does of course have a foot in both Souls and Tenchu. The stealth and grapple hook stuff is very Tenchu but I don't know if Tenchu ever had boss fights against large mythological monsters? If it did I'm not aware.

>MMO elements
>Ywn play a Dark Souls MMORPG where you defend Lordran from the Abyss and hallows.

this

It's ninja souls with parrying

>Dark Souls: Age of Fire Online
>Play during the height of the reign of the gods.
>The dragons are still a major threat to mankind
>The darksign has just emerged and undead are rare and outcast, but civilization has not yet collapsed yet
>The abyss has not yet been contained and is spawning monsters
>Same thing with the chaos flame
>Lord Gwyn just sacrficed himself for the flame and all the lesser gods are vying for influence to fill the power vacuum
>2 major sides: light and dark. The way of white serves the gods and are based in Anor Londo. The darkstalkers seek to bring them down and are based in the ruins of Oolacile. New Londo is a neutral hub, a corrupt city that nominally serves the gods but sanctions dark heretics to preach and convert followers.
>Players can form covenants for pve and pvp
Sounds bretty good

>two weapons
That’s a fuck ton more than one user
>combat arts
So how nioh did with like 7 different weapon classes but this game has 2...... aight
>shinobi perks
Like nioh did with onmyo magic and ninjitsu but probably gonna be watered down
The only thing that could sell me on this game is a midway through mindfuck like blood borne did with paranormal/otherworldly elements. If it’s just gonna be big snake, samurai and ogre And other slightly fantastical things it’s a no frOm me Hoss

>muh Nioh

ok nigger
see you
on
release day

Attached: One Armed Wolf.jpg (2000x2000, 654K)

Nioh’s combat was fun and addictive and had far more depth than “block, okay maybe I’ll roll, ok maybe I’ll TRY to parry”. The one thing souls had going for it was it’s world and exploration and the plethora of armors/ weapons

Sekirofags BTFO.

I’m still gonna buy it, it looks good

Pretty fucking glad they're cutting RPG elements, they felt super arbitrary and redundant in Bloodborne.

>tfw pretty excited for Sekiro
I'll probably just torrent it and enjoy it either way

Attached: 51543326_2043907175693019_4307724864992575488_n.jpg (720x720, 40K)

Because Soulsfags are pathetic.

I’d play this.

I’m still gonna get it, these r just my gripes

Attached: memba.jpg (1294x550, 74K)

dragonrot = beastplague

i like the souls games and i'm excited for sekiro. it's good to see developers trying something new for a change; all these fags crying over no online need to consider suicide

>why has the reception here been overwhelmingly negative?
its just trannies from resetera

Attached: bloodborne 2.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

ELEVEN
L
E
V
N

DAYS
A
Y
S

Attached: 1544505814152.jpg (800x600, 151K)

I was really excited but after playing DMC5 I am a little worried the combat will feel bad and ruin the game for me. Like when I played Bloodborne right before the Witcher.

>11 days

Attached: oh yes.jpg (1000x706, 738K)

See you guys in 10 days

Attached: sekiro.png (356x124, 65K)

all this game has done has shown that the majority of soulsfags on Yea Forums are bitter people

You guys are alright.
Don't come to the Ashina Outskirts in 10 days.

Attached: Sekiro.png (1468x771, 876K)

>Witcher has shit comba-

Attached: God Tier Witcher 3 Combat 2.webm (853x480, 2.69M)

I love TW3 but I'm pretty sure this is the enhanced edition mod

Attached: 7394579837493.png (802x927, 1.1M)

It's the ultimate pleb filter. All the soulsborne fans just pretending to be like the real patricians will be exposed. I am UNIRONICALLY going to be jerking myself off SO fucking hard for enjoying this game. There won't be a single thing you can say about this game that doesn't just expose you for the massive shitters you are.

Dangerously redpilled.

I would rather have 1 or 2 solid weapons than 100 weapons where only 5 of them are even remotely useful. More does not mean BETTER. Horizon is a good example of this, lots of tools, traps and weapons but you will only ever use the bows and ropecasters because they are just more efficient than anything else in your arsenal.

This guy gets it. Stop being cunts and enjoy the new experience. We've had 5 soulsborne games so far, change is GOOD, we need some fucking variety.

This beyond repilled.

T
E
N

Attached: 10days.png (333x598, 198K)

>stripped souls
No thanks

Reception on Yea Forums means nothing, especially when the game hasn't dropped. We have like 50 people who want to play the game and 130 who just want to shitpost. Take my advice, just drop any attempt at discussing it now, and come back once you have it good and beat. This place has truly gone to the pigs.

you loss, brother

>souls
>weapon variety

>Stripped down Souls
>Has more involved systems than any Souls game
:thinking:

Whatever. It looks like a mediocre action game with a shit story. I'd rather Tenchu, and I'd rather play a mediocre action game with a cool setting/story like Nier or the upcoming Astral Chain.

No multiplayer and no Denuvo means no reason to actually spend money on it. Based From.

Attached: 1551950054149.png (555x555, 329K)

But...I like Sekiro, you can't criticize it, I LIKE IT. This isn't fair, you can't just make a personal attack on me like this. I can't believe you, this is disgusting. You can't do this. It isn't allowed. I've never seen this level of degeneracy before, everyone knows you can't have a different opinion than me, not here, not like this. I think I need to contact my therapist, she won't believe her ears when I tell her what you did, passing absolute judgement on my interests like some manner of uncaring god. Fuck you. This isn't right, YOU aren't right. None of this is right, none of it. I can't believe we live a world this lost to the darkness. Saying something so offensive, so scandalous, in PUBLIC no less. You human catherer. I LIKE SEKIRO, YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT LIKE THIS AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

Attached: 1551505072712.jpg (325x325, 11K)

>why has the reception here been overwhelmingly negative?

You mean the one guy posting the same thread every single day?

It was fun the first 20 times, after you are just a memeing nuisance and need to fuck off.

Didn't you hear?
Any game from the third person perspective that uses any type of melee weapons and has checkpoints throughout the world is a Souls game.

This is the most manufactured "hype" i've ever seen.

I don't mind limited weapons as long as there's more in-depth combat. DS1-3 were quite limited in regards to combat depth.

Though, I wish there was a tanto on his belt that you could switch between (faster stabs and cuts against faster enemies).

>soulsfags so far on the spectrum that they ignore repeated assertions by the developer that it isnt a souls game
>wah where are my stat level ups and weapons builds
>wah where is my pvp

>More in depth combat system than any Souls game
Literally any action game ever made has more depth than a souls game.

Attached: Dsl7X4DVsAEpV3--1.jpg (554x1169, 55K)

I don't know why the people who like this game feel like criticism is a personal attack.

>unironically seething that we are waiting for an enjoyable experience
a true cuckhold, please go back to invading

saved

First From game I've pre-ordered. Loved DaS but wanted them to do something different since then.

that kid just went to the shadow realm

This but unironically. The depth came from the builds.

>You can tell it's a plot because three people on Yea Forums are excited for something other than rape day

Attached: 56b.jpg (800x533, 225K)

Sounds like Assassin's Creed lmao

I literally played all of Nioh with the Katana class. One weapon is fine by me.

>tfw this game will flop because of retarded Souls and BBfags
>tfw From will forever be forced to make sequel after sequel because people hate things that are different and only want what they know

Just watched ninja scroll the other day, it was good.

Was there any fucking doubt in your mind? "People" who have so little going on they measure self worth by how "good" they are at some videogame? I'd be surprised if they make It to 40.

Same here. The vidya feel of essentially eight boss fights made it a good pre-Sekiro film.

>we want the naruto audience

AM I THE ONLY ONE EXCITED FOR LITERAL TELEPORTS BEHIND YOU!?

Blueprint for outing yourself as a lonely shitposter on a vidya board right here.

Attached: snap.jpg (492x700, 31K)

>This absolutely uninspired, soulless boss design
Defend this.

Attached: sekiro-giant-snake.png (1024x582, 928K)

You should watch Basilisk if you haven't. The original one. Not the shitty sequel.

We need Sekiro asking the Dark Souls fan base why they can't just be normal. I'd do it myself but power is fucky at my house right now and I don't want to plug in any electronics

>>This absolutely uninspired, soulless boss design
DaS2 has plenty.

>Demons' Souls became renowned worldwide for breaking the mold
>10 years later the series is nothing but the nerd version of FIFA
>Fans now unironically think the series is good because of number-crunching build autism

Attached: 1535687418637.jpg (541x547, 47K)

No wonder it was made by the same team

>not playing for the exploration
pleb

Gennosuke. I...love you...
Still mad.

I honestly could not give a shit mate. If this is B team, then they are doing well. I don't remember B team working on BB and the Old Hunters DLC though.

Fucking BASED.

Listening to the japanese voicework kinda reminds me of the early Akira Kurosawa films.
I hope we get to see an easter egg referencing them.

No

Sekiro was made by the BB/TOH team. They moved straight on to it after finishing those up. Miz didn't have much to do with it.

DS2 team worked on DS3 with Miz.

Will Sekiro save Q2 and Q3 2019? It's the only game on my list.

(You)

won't even be the most relevant game of it's month. Sad for FROMmem

>relevancy
imagine following normalfag hivemind mentality

FromSoft fans don't give a fuck about this game

GOTY just released a few days, mate.

it's not even a little souls like

>dump STR and win

Can someone do a summary of what went down in the last sekiro trailer? No spoilers please, just nº of bosses shown/ nº of new tools

Say it with me: GOTY.

Attached: Sekiro - Samurai General.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

It's BB + Tenchu

only thing that bothers me is multiple lifebars and meme execution animation on said multiple lifebars enemies that shrug it off and keep fighting unless they only have one, it looks fucking stupid for them to gush a fountain of blood and be okay

A couple of new mini-bosses, some new enemies, and bosses we've seen, but nothing I'd consider a spoiler, as there's no context.

I think it's safe to watch.

It's nothing like either.

You fought a bear and a huge ogre looking bastard in the first one, I think

comparisons like this make me wonder if you guys even watch gameplay or pay attention to anything not on the surface. I get why people say this, but it comes off like not understanding what's unique about all of these titles. It's easy to say "it's like this other thing I'm familiar with" it's harder to say why a product is different but the identity is the differences not the similarities.

Sounds good, I'd rather play something different than yet another dark souls clone.

>world design of dark souls 1
yeah if every area was separated by a gargoyles type cutscene where you're whisked away to an entirely different locale.
what the fuck are you smoking, boy?

Ew, too involving and videogamey.
It should be more like TLoU2

Ok, this will determine if I buy it or not.
How much space does it hog on PC?

add this: 1 weapon

I find it interesting how they showed us attempting to get the young lord back from the guy that took him in this trailer. I feel like we're going to save the kid at the halfway point, then he'll turn out to be some horrible dragon monster that was going to fuck over Ashina all along and Isshin will be the latest old guy we kill to sad music

that's exactly why I wrote it

thank you but I'll try to hold on (I think I can make it, just 10 more days). Cuious what makes you think they are miniboses and not bosses
also, what's with people thinking the game will have like 4 bosses lol. They've given multiple interviews saying same length/bosscount as past titles...
current list of bosses (not counting new trailer)is
>horseman
>corrupted monk
>centipede demon
>butterfly hag
>big monkey
>also maybe the drunk guy from the 1st trailer? but i've heard he's a miniboss and you can just kill him like its shown in the trailer

Attached: de5f09c702f027b75833d4e576dc38f0.jpg (581x800, 118K)

Prosthetic = trick weapons and ninja tools
Fast movement = BB
Lantern/hub = BB/DS
NPCs = BB/DS
Storyline = BB (based on blood)
Stealth = Tenchu
Hook = Tenchu

If you can't see the resemblance, then yes, you're a moron.

>Fast movement = BB

Attached: 1509551930994.jpg (645x729, 26K)

That's possible; the context could be the last fight, or it could be middle.

I'm sure it's around the middle and that's where we see the real villains afterwards. I think that Ashina dude is a red-herring and is just stealing the kid for someone else.

25GB

the entire moveset of every weapon in a souls game combined has less variety than a single weapon in most action games
BB moved in the right direction bu having less shit but making them actually unique

>What do you mean your gameplay determines what happens to the world and kid you want to save?
>Now give me my cinematic cutscene at the end of my movie-game to tell me what the character does
>Why aren't these characters all having gay sex excuse me what the fuck

Attached: die cis scum bigots.png (200x174, 41K)

the resemblance is not what is important, it's the differences
Bloodborne didn't invent fast movement
DS/BB didn't invent checkpoints
they didn't invent npcs
i'm not even sure what you mean by storyline if you're basis is just blood then you must have missed all the elderitch god content in BB
tenchu didn't invent stealth

the hook is pretty tenchu tho

Not half bad.
I'll get it in the morning.

Attached: freddie.jpg (246x205, 9K)

>Implying From aren't essential ResetEra-core

People are crying because >muh one weapon, the guy is a fucking samurai he's not gonna be jumping around with a Dragon tooth or a +10 chaos zweihander is he?

From don't shove political agendas in their games do they?

That's a CLEARLY FAKE copy pasta, but yeah, you are right

>DUDE, RELIGION IS BAD

Attached: 313196-bloodborne-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x1011, 115K)

>Fight to save your little master at all costs
>Die over and over for it
>Condemn the world for it
>He becomes possessed by evil and destroys everything
>Have to end the curse and put your master out of his misery by killing him
>When he's dead his blood goes away with him
>Die with no resurrections
Mfw

Attached: son you've got a way to fall.gif (540x235, 1.99M)

That's such a garbage reading of Bloodborne's lore holy shit

>>DUDE, RELIGION IS BAD
You didn't understand the game, did you?
Did you even understand the plot?

Attached: 1549948788488.jpg (640x640, 246K)

The game itself will be great, but it will have garbage replayability compared to Souls because of no online. Which is all the niggers on Yea Forums care about at the end of the day.

>but it will have garbage replayability
Incorrect.

Yeah that really bothers me also. It would have been cool if after each of the executions the bosses/mobs would have permanent damage on them and slighty different animations. Not necessarily a second altered phase but just small visual indication you have dealt serious harm to them. Just have them bleed when walking around would be dope. Really disappointing that it seems Wolf does not get covered in blood like in BB and DS3.

Do not watch the newest trailer it reveals way more than the other trailers and content releases. You can watch the other trailers and be fine and get hype though imho.

It's not about religion being bad you faggot it's about intelligence agencies, governments, (((scholars))), and the (((elites))) are fucking evil and engage in blood libel to commune with Gods from higher dimensions by sacrificing babies to them so they can ascend to a higher plane of existence as the expense of families, cities, entire fucking civilizations.
>youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

Attached: alfred. get the wheel.png (1200x788, 576K)

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING

Do you know why people still replay A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time? Becase a tight controller single player experience trumps online and "character build variety" every time. Online games all have an expiration date, RPGs have a finite number of ways you can play them, controlled and well directed single player experiences are the games that always go down in history as the greats. By removing builds, From software has more control over how every encounter in the game will play out and that's key for replayability.

>why isn't this game being shilled 24 hours a day with 20 threads on the catalog at once
Because it's a Souls game, a Rockstar game

Isshin is definitely doing it to keep the ministry out of his land, but with the memory we've seen of him talking with the young lord he is pretty much sick and tired of all the killing and wants a way of preserving Ashina that doesn't involve senseless slaughter which involved taking the young lord (and the story summary from the JP site says pretty much the same thing). Of course now he has Wolf coming after him everything in his path using dragon magic to fuck up as much as he wants to while consequently poisoning the entire land so even if the young lord isn't just fucking with him, there's basically no way this game can end the way he wants it to.

The other thing that's got me convinced that the shota is evil is just the dialogue from the start and the end of the TGS trailer. There's no way this kid doesn't know what Wolf dying over and over again is doing, he also knows that Isshin isn't a prick, yet he sent Wolf down a warpath anyway.

>have minimum 700 hours in DeS, DaS, DaS3 and BB
>sony couldn't pay me to give a shit about online bullshit
>>>/land of wrong/

Ku-on

>but it will have garbage replayability compared to Souls because of no online
user literally no one that's normal gives a fuck about your schizo co-op pvp bullshit.

Attached: thhhhhh.jpg (377x396, 21K)

*not a Rockstar game

Great synopsis and it's 100 percent correct.

>and
>create the plague to begin with then offer you a "cure"

>Because it's a Souls game
Except, it's not.

Omukade.

I really hope we have lots of yokai and bakemono in this one boys.

No he isn't but the primary weapon of the samurai was a spear. Enemies use spears in this game so what gives? Why can't wolf? Yes he gets a spear attachment and an axe attachment but that isn't the same as having equitable swap able weapons. The prosthetics have limited use. They don't count as a seperate main weapon. You are stuck with the Katana for the whole game.

>doesn't even understand the true nature of the Healing Church and its principles
t. 0 insight beastly goy

Attached: kosm.png (542x520, 97K)

So it actually has combos? Or is it still spam r1 or r2 and circle strafe?

what possible reason is there to play the game a second time?

Has there been any news of NG+? (not that that has ever been a good reason to replay souls)

Based.

creature from Kuon, an older From game
prior to the first trailer, there were some rumours that sekiro would take inspiration from kuon and that the game would turn into j-horror mid way through it
considering the centipede guy in the first trailer, I think ITS ON bros

Attached: szB0ku0.gif (728x408, 3.71M)

The game features tons of different progression paths, similar to DaS/DeS.

The fuck does it look like? It's a monster that takes the appearance of a woman to lure in prey.

Yes, it's already confirmed to be peak vidya combat.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 8.50.52 PM.png (1950x286, 76K)

I really want a Kuon sequel, fucking loved that game.

>Only 11 bosses
OH NO NO NO

What lines will the enemies yell at the character? I loved the mobs in Bloodborne yelling "away beast!:

>11 bosses
>3+ mini-bosses per area
i'll take it over a quantity of terrible bosses

カルマを与える

Based.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>AS I BREATHE, YOU WILL NOT PASS

Attached: gyoubu the demon.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

The only reason most players replayed through Souls a million times was to make new builds for PvP. It was the main reason to replay the game after finishing NG+ and NG++ once or twice. You seem to have your reasoning reversed, most players won't Sully their experience by replaying it unless there's an incentive. Will the replay once? Twice? Sure, because there's alternate routes and builds they can try. Will most people replay it dozens of times and put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into it like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Demon Souls? Not unless they're GDQ trannies.

I'll give you a hint. Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are the most beloved soulsborne games on Yea Forums.

Dark Souls has always been #1 in polls.

>Single player games have never been replay worthy, ever
>fun isn't an incentive
You're no older than 23 right?

It's not fun to replay single player games. It's shit for small-minded people.

This. It's giving trophies for main bosses that are required. The optional bosses, being called minibosses, most definitely count in the total number of bosses. If you look at them, they are definitely challenging, and Juzou the Drunkard even has several phases. Really no different than Bloodborne having 8 mandatory bosses, the rest being optional. A cutscene and fog wall aren't requirements to make a fight a boss fight.

m8 I played through Dark Souls 1, 3 and BB 5 times each and I never did builds for PvP. I just did it because they were fun games to play.

>A cutscene and fog wall aren't requirements to make a fight a boss fight.
Wrong.

It's the other way around imo, you would only want one playthrough of story focused games that have brain dead or otherwise shit gameplay like RDR2 and Witcher 3

autism

>Demon souls

Not so fast snoyboy. It's DaS1 and BB

>Witcher 3
>Shit gameplay
Nice bait.

Attached: God Tier Witcher 3 Combat.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

>he thinks all games should be geared in favor of replayavility
From has claimed this is specially their most open game and it gets very non-linear past the first half so that helps. What if additionally miniboss/enemy placement changed, together with tool locations
also not trying to be confrontative here user, but we still know shit about game systems like the dragonrot or the mortal sword.
both stuff that could play a big role in replayability. Game doesnt need to follow replayability rules of souls, try thinking outside of the box
here are two ideas that I've see around
>you can get fushigiri as soon as you want in the game, just need to beat x boss in x location. The weapon is fed from bosses you kill and will ultimately change the story told. Risk going for it early and not rescue your lord asap? maybe wait for that midgame open world section to go for it?? but then you'd miss out on feeding it with the souls of earlier bosses
>dragonrot system is a zero-sum one, you can only save so many npcs unless you do a deathless run...basically each playthrough is different. areas are also affected by it depending on how much you die in them.
there's a lot of stuff that could work in favor of replayability, again, be more open minded. People were scared as fuck because muh 1 weapon meme because they couldnt see past their loss aversion and realize the prosthetic tool is basically new weapons plus added functionality (not just damage output) and the katana is getting a shit ton of moves compared to regular souls weapons

Attached: tumblr_nc7b30RqHo1tm1u6fo1_1280.jpg (800x650, 102K)

Not bait at all, I played 10 hours of this shit and considered switching to easy mode just for the story. But even then I couldn't get into the "which whore will you choose" plot line

>confrontative
confrontational

I literally turned it to the easiest difficulty after like 3 hours and still couldn't maintain any interest in the game.

Geralt is just one of the most unlikeable characters of all time, and so are nearly everyone else in the story
>they're just like real people!!
>each and every one of them is a fucking piece of shit in some way!
no thanks, I get that in real life

...didn't gwyn not have a cutscene?
neither did the asylum demon, the capra demon, priscilla, iron golem, moonlight butterfly, taurus demon or the bed of chaos
i guess those aren't bosses

Attached: 1532472032076.png (634x658, 577K)

baste. get a clue, soulsbabbies

>Overwhelmingly negative
Yea Forums is the only place where that applies and they shit on every game that comes out and ya know what, they are wrong 99% of the time. Currently its 'GAMES TO HARD WHAT A FLOP' whats just laughable

Jesus user are you me?

>enemy notices you resurrected
NANI

This is an outrageous claim, user. Do you have any research data to back this up? Where is the correlation between intelligence of people who replay games for their multiplayer components, and people who play games for their singleplayer components? Are you saying that there is absolutely no way that a game can be repayable if it is singleplayer? Games can never have inherent design choices that offer a slightly different, or entirely fresh experience with each playthrough (varying enemy behaviour and ai, different weapons or approaches to situations, quest resolutions, etc)? What about games without any of these, or a severe lack of 'replayability'-geared content, that people still play anually because the game is just so fun to play and well-crafted? Are games supposed to get dropped the moment they're finished and forgotten, even if they'd still be enjoyable to play and you liked them? What about folks who play Half-life anually, or other classic games?

There seems to be a lot of evidence against these bizarre claims you're making, but if you have some sort of counter then by all means, let's hear your further thoughts on the matter.

Attached: 1542160905989.jpg (750x730, 112K)

>realize the prosthetic tool is basically new weapons
1 attack that does not combo and is on limited use anyway? it takes like 4 emblems to use the spear.

Spotted the DaS3 zoomer.

>A cutscene and fog wall aren't requirements to make a fight a boss fight.
in a game were you are a stelathy ninja and should have no problem sneaking around certain bosses
yeah no:P
i'll take a smaller main bosscount if they are all on maria,ludwig etc kino tier. Also minibosses seem to have a fuck ton of moves so yeah, basically work like bosses from past titles only here we can walk past them quicker cause less bloated health pool but we still need to learn moveset.

ironic you think that is not shit

Maria sucks, though. She doesn't have anything to protect herself from R1 spam until she's 1/4 health.

>This unironically looks like a masterpiece, why has the reception here been overwhelmingly negative?
Maybe don't spend so much of your time here? It's filled with contrarian teens, console warring faggots and 30 year old neckbeards miserable at life.

Unironcially agree with these posters the you see right through the shallow gameplay a few hours in. It took about 5 hours for me.

Then you realize every marker on the map is the same copy pasted chest or mob event the only difficult things are the ranged mobs but each spec gets an ability to make those trivial. Game is cruise control after that so just do the story and realize its just KHV male power fantasy. I trudged through it till the second continent and could not be fucked to go on. Felt like I had largely wasted my time.

>all prosthetic tools combo into r1 differently
>some like the one that extracts blood from enemies to make a smoke cloud has altered effect if used on poisonous enemies etc. The system has the potential to be more branching than regular weapons
>also most enemies drop white emblems, its not like you're going to need to use more than 5 times the flame beat in a single fight, but if you do then that's your limitation and challenge
also pretty sure you can spam the axe and requires less white emblems on continuous use. Kitao from fromsoftware played basically spamming it in one of the earlier previews. it even has different moves and everything

>always a weeb dex player in souls games
STR FAGS BTFO!

>W3
>Shallow gameplay
Pick one and only one.

Attached: God Tier W3 Combat.webm (640x360, 2.71M)

dude there are talents that add different r1 combos to each tool and change depending on mid-air use or land

based DEXbro

Let's be real though, this game is unironically gonna be a masterpiece.

This but unironically.

lol is this that batman game w asscreed combat?
why he doing that faggot ass move w the sword

anymore information on how you get those rare scales, think it'd be weird in a game like this to have a fishing minigame

we know
and the ones that dont will BTFO

m8 this webm isn't that convincing at all

>Souls combat
But it isn't
>I don't care
Why are you here

Is it safe to watch the trailer or do they spoil everything, like the one for DaS3 did?

It won't have no replayability, it'll just have the same replayability of most other single player action games, for most players. You'll play through it, enjoy it, then replay it once or twice to get all the other routes and upgrade paths, then feel burned out and drop it for awhile, then you might do a playthrough again if you really enjoyed it. It's replayability won't be much worse than Souls if you never touched online, but Souls has had replayability on par with most multiplayer games when you do play online. That's most peoples gripe, since replayability has always been a large selling point for players when it came to Souls. They knew they'd be playing a good game they're a fan of for months to years until another really good game that they like comes out and they're properly burned out.
Not saying they should favor replayability above a quality experience, but alot of Souls fans obviously do not care much for quality as long as there game was fun and entertaining them in the long run.
>BUT IT ISN'T SOULS
Ok.

>sequence breaking out the as
I AM SO THERE! Preordering tomorrow.

basted breadpilled

I think there's potential that it'll be in the top games this decade. Swordplay looks very nice.
But fuck I'll miss the english theater VAs in this one

Prove it? Nothing I have seen or heard leads me to believe that is true. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. And isn't the blood shadow move a shinobi art?

probably get some by beating really hard minibosses, some others in hidden areas. I think they'll have the same rarity as blood rocks in basegame bloodborne

do you know what the phrase "speak for yourself" means you egocentric autist?

so more like fighting some super hard encounter or finding a super secret area and getting a titinite slab, guess that makes more sense

There is ZERO, and I mean ZERO, weight behind attacks in W3. It feels like he's swinging around a pool noodle, it's terrible.

Don't believe him he pulled that out of his ass. There is no info on if it will have branching paths and sequence breaks. From what I have seen and heard it is entirely linear with optional side zones.

Weren't there only three Blood Rocks or am I thinking of Blood Chunks?

you are speaking for yourself user
we know they said they can be more creative with areas and level design now that mp is gone so that's a point in favor of singleplayer replayability over past souls
that in addition to all of those unknown systems that could help too
it wont have mp and that's something you'll miss . yes ok but you are also speaking for yourself and your own experience

nigga one of those posters literally cited a reference, look it up you lazy fuck burden of proof is on you

>why he doing that faggot ass move w the sword
This is what irked me the most about it. Why would you start with the twirl? All it does is delay your attack.

is the hub area separate from the world like the hunter's dream or part of it like ds1 firelink shrine

Attached: 1551331159943.gif (400x225, 1.47M)

>it'll just have the same replayability of most other single player action games, for most players.
A single fact.gif
>You'll play through it, enjoy it, then replay it once or twice to get all the other routes and upgrade paths, then feel burned out and drop it for awhile, then you might do a playthrough again if you really enjoyed it.
Wow, you know me so.much better than...me. Not.
>but alot of Souls fans obviously do not care much for quality as long as there game was fun and entertaining them in the long run.
Do speak for yourself.

Could be DS1/BB tier, though I expect at least DS3.

This was being made alongside DS3 by the BB team.

nope rocks are the last ones and yes there are 3 per playthrough

The latter.

Fuck are you on about are you having a stroke? neither of them posted any reference you mean just because he greentexted his interpretation of gameplay he has seen lol????

>chunk/rock rarity
BITE YOUR TONGUE!

Part of

You see in previews that a guy just hooks onto a tree and there's an Ashina area beyond.

if he is waving a rod or mace, the animation and impact is barely passable,but it was a sword chopping the head off,it's hilariously bad.stop hijacking the thread

Being better than Dark Souls 3 isn't a high bar.

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

around e3 there was talk of a prosthetic tool that'd do this, maybe they changed it into a shinobi art late in dev cycle

Attached: 4399a9f6d7a5afc15ea0437e1f11cec4.png (519x556, 446K)

>lol????

dumb nigger

Watching videos of it makes me like it, but then I come here and see
>REEEE IT'S NOT SOULS IT'S THIS OTHER SHITTY GAME YOU SOULSFAGS
That honestly makes me not want it. Souls are great. Metal Gear, Tenchu, DMC, Bayonetta -- those games are garbage. So all I hear is
>Sekiro is nothing like a great game series, it's more like garbage

>dark souls niggers shitting up yet another Sekiro thread.

wew, they are scared.

Attached: Sekiro.png (800x800, 127K)

yeah like bb blood rocks but you can probably start finding them earlier on that in bb
yeah i dont think we'll have many scales
think the idea is that unless you die very few times and manage to save every other npc, you'll have to choose how to use those few scales you get and invest in yourself/a couple of npcs

Keep seething, soulscuck

That's middle bar for me. BB/DS1 is top bar.

My low bar is...DS2, I guess (at least before all the DLC and fixes, where it wasn't much worst than 3, really).

why are you so easily swayed by shitp-

>Metal gear is garbage

oh you're retarded

Kek

that could be interesting, either use the scale to maybe upgrade your weapon or use it to cure dragonrot

glad you see with both eyes open. Sekiro is a husk of a game compared to FROMs previous offerings.

people are claiming it isnt souls because each one has their own definition for the term "soulsborne". Its basically a madeup word and has no objective meaning which is what causes all of these arguments
>some think soulsborne is used for games with the exact/slightly varied systems
>some consider soulsborne to be a bigger umbrella term for all of those games that share the same core principles of souls
>everything in between
all you need to know is that this is the same team and director in From that made ds1 and bloodborne. will share main values but different combat/transversal systems

Attached: 660px-Emi_concept.png (660x599, 904K)

Sekiro looks kinda fun.
I've never tried any souls game besides bloodborne (idk if that counts) but never got far in it at all.
How long till price drop boys?

>criticizing a game you have not played
whatever you say it meaningless you doofus

Attached: 1534929606080.jpg (222x227, 16K)

Same gameplay formula and world layout as souls (with added versatility, of course), just with vastly different combat, skill progression, and traversal.

>How long till price drop boys?
4 months.

Activision

>except Fromsoft has confirmed it's their most open game
>and individual areas have various paths to each encounter
>and every other eceleb who was invited earlier this month ended up in completely different areas so...yeah not so linear user
also I pulled the dragonrot and fushiguri systems off my ass because that's the point I was trying to make, some people cant imagine systems being different to what came before so I was giving examples of new things that could happen
but yeah the non-linear bit wasnt an asspull that's confirmed

But this isn't souls, the second you mentioned souls I just stopped reading, it's a different game entirely. Souls minus builds is obviously bad but this isn't souls minus builds this is a completely different game. Not just souls minus builds.

The sales for Sekiro are going to underwhelm expect activision to cut the price within the first 2 months.

pretty sure it isnt used to upgrade your weapon. I referenced blood rocks simply because I think the scales will have the same rarity
as far as we know scales are just used to heal the dragonrot, which is what makes me think that you can choose to use either on yourself or npcs.
likely you'll get different ending and event depending on dragonrot state so you might want to invest on youself
but also be a hero and save npcs and complete their questlines by keeping them alive

>How long till price drop boys?
pre order it from a key seller and you usually save around 20-10 burgers

>Dark Souls 1 is the basis for the world design
>"The game isn't going to be non linear"

Attached: DPD51FbV4AABWOh.jpg (651x711, 57K)

How does dying effect the world?

it's free to play

We all know this is going to be From's best selling game.

NPCs die and the world gets more fucked up, which also effects the ending you get.

A game dev isn't going to say a game is worse at something than previous games, from what has been seen the game is not in actuality nonlinear. ecelebs are even worse sources they shill this game as FROM is literally their mealticket.

More open in the sense you can jump and grapple but that does not mean there are actually meaningful sequence breaks and routes. It just means if you want to you can enter a castle through a window or through the front door.

world tendancy or something similar is back. The more you die the dragonrot disease spreads and changes thing

Who gets letters anymore?

Attached: Sekiro_GME_Katana_bonusLG.jpg (640x360, 219K)

I thought the mc only spread dragonrot like a typhoid mary

pcgamesn.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-world-design

adults

Can you shut up about soulshit and actually discuss this gem?

FromSoftware games all have terrible netcode, imagine a freaking MMO.

already best selling and top wishlisted on steam :P
you can pirate if you dont have the coin user but dont lie to yourself

My 401k is down 28% this year, but they email me. It's this or a steelbook from Amazon.

sure, I hope the giant white snake isn't the only massive enemy in this game

It's 1 on Steam ATM

its 71 now, probably more as am writing this post

Watch the new launch trailer

Considering there's mention of "dragon" all over the place, and the Headless enemy is a Kappa (they give the ass soul as an offering to the dragon god under the sea), I'm going to bet there's a dragon.

Then you can take your own life with the letter opener and save face in front of your family when you lose your 401k entirely.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 10.05.34 PM.png (144x40, 6K)

I hope there are japanese dragons
That shit would be cool

That insult means nothing to me. After living through the PS2 era of mindnumbingly awful character action games, pretty much leaving consoles behind entirely, DS1, DS3 and BB were like a kind of enlightenment. I slept on them because they reminded me of shitty WRPGs, like TES, but then when Bloodborne came out, I watched someone play it, and thought, "This is like those shitty action games I wasted money on as a teenager -- except good." It also made me realize that "action-RPGs" are "video RPGs," and turn-based RPGs are just watered down tabletop RPGs made by developers who still haven't learned to take advantage of the video game medium, or are too scared to, like a movie with only one camera angle because it's adapted from a play.

You mean to tell me the people who are discounting its relation to Souls are shitposters? But they're the side of the argument that is actually excited for the game. Also, am I easily swayed, or am I just hoping the game bombs so they cry about it?

I'm not sure that's true, though. It's entirely possible. However, the new combat system has me really intrigued. Anything that deviates, even slightly, from "chew away at meatpoints" gets my attention. I also like the spying on NPCs element. I fear it won't be entirely useful, though. The thing is, in a game where you can ultimately just run straight at people and slaughter them, if you give the player an alternative method of dispatching enemies that takes more time or energy, then it needs to be proportionally strong- no, even MORE than proportionally stronger than the old fashioned method. Otherwise, it's not really a feature, it's a ribbon.

My fears that spying won't be that great comes from the fact that weaknesses already look pretty shallow. If you have the fire vent, the white guys (re: ogres) die without even putting up a fight. Same with the axe and shield. Pick this item, get free kills on x enemies. That feels lame to me.

Attached: this triggers virgins.png (899x505, 980K)

they dont need to say its worse, but also no need to go over the top and say its their most open
if they are lying then people will be aware of this in the future and pick carefully with their statements
>More open in the sense you can jump and grapple
yes, a bit more open like going around a cliff etc or on top of a mountain but essentially its still taking you through the route of the individual level design. Still better than not having that option
>does not mean there are actually meaningful sequence breaks and routes
but there's nothing pointing against that, dont think we've ever known sequence breaking a game was possible before it released
and multiple routes and ds1 like level design is confirmed unless you dont trust gameinformer/from/ecelebs etc

fucking rad, I just hope this has a bestiary like nioh

The giant snake isn't even a real enemy its more like a map hazard like the undead dragon in DS1. Also it gets taken out in the dumbest lamest way imaginable.

How spoilery is the new trailer?

The losses are all on paper until you sell. We're all gonna make it, bro. Also, the steelbook probably. That sudoku knife looks pretty cheap.

Attached: qf6qlmnakb121.jpg (1395x785, 248K)

just shows some new bosses/minibosses

I disagree, the map hazard was the dragon that guarded the bridge, undead dragons are just fuckers that make you eat moss inbetween hitting them, also source on white snake death

Thanks man, this is solid advice. I thought as much but I needed a random internet person to validate my thoughts.

very much, dont watch it user, it's just 10 days
havent watched it myself but based on what I've been told
>1-2 new prosthetic tools
>3 minibosses
>1 important boss

>The only reason most players replayed through Souls
this is not souls
>to make new builds for PvP
wrong

What's up with From and their trailers spoiling everything? I remember almost every boss was shown in DaS3's.

its a jap thing

Will this game feature some kind of communication between players like dark souls and bloodborne messages/blood stains?

The more cool shit you can show, the more appealing it is I guess. I spoiled my self of the 3 mini bosses and that 1 story boss, but it looks good.

desu they are always tame until the very last trailer, I think it's probably required by publisher. I feel like from is more conservative esp considering for the past year they've only shown 1 area smaller than lothric's high wall and only recently a bit of a forest area.
but yeah this last trailer apparently had too much in it, i dont blame anybody tho, you want to include as much cool stuff as possible in there so ofc they're gona showcase crazy bosses

Remember that time Kojima showed quite literally the entirety of MGSV via trailers? All the Japs do this.

it shows a few bosses as you'd expect. still doesn't true the true setting of the game, which is the youkai realm

You just hide in a small hut and the snake puts its head next to the hut to peek in and you jump out and stab it in its eye. Then it shakes around the map indefinitely. Like they half assed it didn't even finish the idea. They should have at least had the snake have a fall down into the mist animation like midir falling. Instead it just flails violently. An eceleb streamer said he sat and watched it flail for 10 minutes. I can't remember who it was it was in the first few minutes of their video.

No.

Wait, how does this work? Is that a dodge? I thought there was only parry and a Bloodborne-like backjump.

this poor user can't into hitboxes, somebody edjumacate him

I can do without actual multiplayer but I will definitely miss signs/messages

really need an actual source

Attached: disgust.png (1366x768, 1.22M)

>but I will definitely miss signs/messages

I bet you can still do messages.

It definitely looked unfinished, but the snake did not die, it just lost its left eye. I'm sure that is the great serpent boss you will fight later on. They should have had it flop around a bit, then slink away into the environment.

Okay, this is epic

centipede is a miniboss. You can guess what's a boss and what's a minoboss by comparing it to the leaked achievements. For example, a bigass flaming bull was shown in the trailer, but since it doesn't seem to correspond to any of the bosses' names from the achievements, we can assume it's a miniboss.

A lot of the "mini" bosses still functionally seem to be bosses. See Jurzou the drunk

youtube.com/watch?v=5n7y4bFemL0

It was lobosjr at 1:06:05

Does 'boss' in this case just means that it has a name and healthbar at the bottom of the screen? Pic related is harder than most bosses in BB, btw.

Attached: Shark_Giant_Towering.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Wait, is the character moving out of the way, just the wind-up for the attack?

this guy might be one of the worst people to ever exist

i watched his stream for like 12 minutes one day and he *never* fucking stops talking, just completely pointless garbage nonstop, i can't imagine being that way or wanting to watch it. wtf does anyone watch these people

Yes. I doubt the player did that intentionally. But the game being designed for it to go under the attack is probably very intentional...

gonna have to agree with
I doubt that the fucker would die after being stabbed in the eye but yeah just endless flailing is bad

I absolutely love how agile you are in this game at all times.

They're basically bosses for all intents.

They're just found throughout the areas and are optional.

Some have fog gaits.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoWI1LazLtQ

Then iron pineapple at 4:44 if you want a source on it just continuing to flail about.

I don't disagree. At least he uploaded a version with no talking. Basically the only time I listen to these guys is when I'm hard up for info on a From game.

>4:44
Holy shit, that's bad.

no I agree that the endless flailing is bad I just don't think it died

No, I don't think so either. I'm a different user. But still, it looks ridiculous. The question is, because you don't have to stab it in the eye - you can just avoid it, will that choice have any impact on the boss fight? Knowing From, I think it will.

He's "good" at Dark Souls and is less autistic than the rest of the community therefore he is a figurehead.

that guy is *less* autistic?

typical drive-by contrarian retard

Anyone want to place a bet with me that you will be able to leave messages for other players...maybe in just specific locations

Holy kek.
I hope they've fixed that at least. And I'm pretty sure it's not dead.

Some minibosses work like the big shark. But a lot seem to be bona fide bosses, except optional, such as Jozou, centipede or that guy with the spear.

the most I could see being different is in the cutscene, like how if you do artorias dlc first you get a unique cutscene with sif

>IT'S NOT SOULS GAMES WAAAAHH
Basically what the negative receptions are in general.

Welp, that looks pretty great. Though I probably won't be good enough to reliably use the animations as dodges.

Alright fuck you guys. Fuck your idle talk and speculation. See you when I beat this. Fuck PvPniggers

Because a lot of what you said simply isn't true.

>Only one weapon
Yep, confirmed there's only the sword. Subweapons are just that, subweapons and require reagents to even function.
>No multiplayer at all
Also confirmed.
>No gear customization
Yep.
>Unoriginal world.
It's just Japan with bits and pieces of folklore and tales inserted and a shallow revenge plot.
>Even devs say they will return to Dark Souls style games after this game and are looking forward to it
YEP, they're pretty much done themselves with Sekiro after this attempt.

Me too. Maybe after seeing some of the people they flew out to Tokyo to play it just stand there and gawk at it, they realized they needed to change it.

Probably so, but that would be pretty neat to have it change the fight in some way. Like make it berserk and/or have a more difficult time finding you on that side.

Stop buying games on console you fucking goon

>You can do messages
>Without any network functionality at all
Yeah, sounds believable.

>Supporting Activision

>>Without any network functionality at all

Taking what they say too literally. Bet me money.

you could have at least replied to the OP's actual post instead of regurgitating the same shit you say in every post, pathetic samefag shitposter.

Attached: 1543300671218.jpg (400x400, 27K)

>365 posts
>103 posters

Attached: 1543282763391.gif (298x301, 1.81M)

Well technically, it looks like there are at least two main weapons, considering the odachi-like sword on his back here. Some people have theorized that it will function like the silver sword in the witcher.

Attached: 456351287.png (372x495, 358K)

Was my first post in the thread but okay

You're ignorant, you don't understand that this game is ultimately very shallow over all compared to the Soulsbourne style games.

There's not going to be
>World to appreciate
>Players to appreciate
>Weapons/items to appreciate
>Coop to appreciate
>Lore and story to appreciate
>Discussion to appreciate
>Replayability to appreciate

There's a reason nobody talks about Shinobi and Nightshade, despite being great action games they are just that, shallow action games. That's exactly what Sekiro is shaping up to be, just a shallow forgotten existence even if it is good it will never be the amazing Soulsbourne games.

I like Distortion, when he isn't crying. I think Cirno's funny, but he mostly plays garbage. I like Maximilian DOOD, but he's a kike. CalebHart42 just started playing Souls, and it's cool to see, but he is honestly really dumb and blind -- maybe he's not as bad as the average streamer, but he's worse than the other people I mentioned, and when people point it out he has to respond to it like a petulant child, unlike the others who'd just say, "Whatever," or, "I know I'm dumb." In other words, he finds zero secrets, skips through dialogue, kills every NPC and eats boss souls while standing next to the guy who tells you what items you can trade for them. He's right that it's silly that people spam him with comments about how dumb he is, but he is actually that dumb -- they should just stop watching if it bothers them that much, though.

Speaking of Max, he isn't impressed with Sekiro, which worries me because I suspect everyone else is a shill. He doesn't have a history of lying about how good or bad he thinks a game is, and his complete lack of hype for Sekiro leaves me feeling pretty uneasy.

fuckers would be like "oh if you stab the snake's eye it's way harder don't do it" or "oh if you stab the snake's eye it's way easier" I don't think from would want to piss off either group

Meh, not much different than having the option to do a fight with an NPC summon, or getting to Paar early through Hippogean Gaol. But seeing as how they've just left it in a permanent ten second repeating flop animation, they probably won't do it.

Max isn't impressed? Did he say anything? Haven't watched that faggot in a long while now.

>CalebHart42 just started playing Souls, and it's cool to see, but he is honestly really dumb and blind -- maybe he's not as bad as the average streamer, but he's worse than the other people I mentioned, and when people point it out he has to respond to it like a petulant child, unlike the others who'd just say, "Whatever," or, "I know I'm dumb." In other words, he finds zero secrets, skips through dialogue, kills every NPC and eats boss souls while standing next to the guy who tells you what items you can trade for them. He's right that it's silly that people spam him with comments about how dumb he is, but he is actually that dumb -- they should just stop watching if it bothers them that much, though.

Oh, so he's picking up DSP's fake bad shtick because DSP has alienated too many people and is on the way out. Got it.

He has two videos for Sekiro. One where he talks about his experience playing the demo, where he sounds unenthusiastic and just describes the game's mechanics, and ends with him worrying about it releasing right after DMC5. The other was a reaction video to the trailer with the giant ape and he looked like he didn't care that much; his friends were more excited than he was.

>Max
He's not impressed because he's one of the morons that wants BB2 and autistically links everything to an announcement.

>Yea Forums posts discussing how a streamer reacted to seeing something

Kill me.

>that wants BB2
I still don't understand why people want this. Game was wrapped up in TOH.

fuck it Im gonna buy it fellas

Do you really think that's it? He seems like he has too much pride for that. He gets really salty when people call him bad, almost sounds like he's about to cry, and calls them virgins. The way he's talked about streaming before, I can't see him putting on an act where he makes himself look bad. He's a speedrunner who's held world records and mostly plays games he's great at. I think this is just unfamiliar for him. He began DS3 insulting himself over and over again for playing like shit. I really just think he's an idiot, and he misses shit because he reads chat so much.

10 days baby, 10 days

I'm just saying he played it and doesn't care about it, despite loving Soulsborne and character action games. It's not like I hold his opinion in high regard, he's a kike, but if I made a thread asking Yea Forums whether they liked something or not, you wouldn't be responding this way, and Yea Forums doesn't have dramatically different opinions from him.

Incredibly based.

>Simon Says combat
>Fromdrones think THIS is an improvement over Souls' infinite approaches and build types

Yikes.

>Do you really think that's it?
Yes. You have described a person that you would not watch for any reason but you are watching him anyway because he is aggressively bad.

Do you really think DSP can't fucking play dark souls and shit when all he does is play video games all day? Lol. It's all an act and this guy is doing it too because it works, easily.

the one where he was worried about it'd release date considering dmc5 was after that initial video, in the more recent video where he got to play it he seemed more optimistic

So basically the perfect Souls game? Well thanks for helping me out, just digitally preordered the game.

>Souls' infinite approaches and build types

Attached: brainlet.gif (500x382, 125K)

Pretty sure the Sekiro team is moving on to it now.

It's going to be in an Aztec-themed land.

>Simon Says combat
what the fuck does this even mean?

Attached: 3210.png (541x370, 139K)

>infinite approaches

>Chaos Zwei
>Chaos Dagger

>Please, give us a 24 fps 714p game with chromatic aberration that can't be turned off, locked to a child's plastic toy forever!

Reminder that console users are peasants

Are you seriously denying that the multiplayer was a large factor in the replayability of previous Souls games? Instead of having the appeal of PVP and PVE coop and builds, it'll just be for the sake of re-experiencing the game, on par with every other single player experience.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but a strictly single player game rarely has more replayability than a multiplayer one.

Attached: DSP Dark Souls Backstabs.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

>Yes. You have described a person that you would not watch for any reason
I think he's funny sometimes. I also think I like watching people do stuff that gets them excited, because I don't really get excited over anything. I actually hate extroverted people in person, though.
>but you are watching him anyway because he is aggressively bad.
No. He's not bad in the traditional sense. He's just an idiot. It's not like he struggles with fights, he just thinks, "durr i can kill npc!? mmm souls!1" He said he did the same thing in Undertale. He killed Papyrus and his chat flipped out, so he quit the game.
>Do you really think DSP can't fucking play dark souls and shit when all he does is play video games all day?
I have never once watched DSP play a game because he looks like a faggot, but yeah, I believe that's possible. I have 2500 hours in Dota 2, 6000 hours in TF2 and 14,000 hours in FFXI, and I suck at all of them.
>Lol. It's all an act and this guy is doing it too because it works, easily.
Doesn't really add up. His entire job thus far has revolved around him doing the opposite. Why'd he quit Battletoads ten minutes in?

most of the time it was just me playing through the game pvp was just bonus content

>It's going to be in an Aztec-themed land.
This faggot again. You're as annoying and delusional as the faggot who keeps posting that stremaer's girlfriend, dipshit. Aztecs are lowly spicfags who made a religion out of turning people into literal brainlets.

Attached: trike brainlet.jpg (326x294, 18K)

fucked up grab boxes never fail to make me laugh
can't wait for this faggot to play Sekiro

Attached: churchkek.png (512x512, 159K)

lol

Because people are hoping and praying, for whatever reason, that Fromsoft fails terribly. I dunno why, but it seems to be a thing. You think on Yea Forums of all places people would be HAPPY at the fact that Miyazaki wants to get the fuck away from making Dark Souls forever and ever, but no.

It's either meme zoomers shitting up threads or some other retardation going on. I'm excited for it, looks amazing. Hopefully they'll throw in a few Tenchu references for shits and giggles.

sounds like Yea Forums fits right in

>He doesn't know
Look up Phantom Wail.

>shallow revenge plot
By that logic any motivation is shallow

sure but for lots of other people the game world just became a backdrop for pvp after their first playthrough.
I have 300 something hours in DS3 alone and most of it is from invasions and dried finger sessions.

>an anonymous Yea Forums poster has leaked

ahh, so it's nothing

Name one (1) time a Yea Forums leak was wrong.

Shallowness is actually a huge worry of mine. Souls games were never mechanically deep but their interlocking systems always made them fun to play. It's why challenge runs are so popular - the games are insanely malleable. Sekiro is going for a more restrictive approach to combat and exploration, which is hugely ironic considering its emphasis on freedom (with jumping and the grappling hook). But from the looks of the combat, it's basically Ninja Gaiden with the moveset of a Bloodborne weapon. It's extremely basic and there's really only 1 approach.

Found maybe the worst fucking YT video I've seen in ages you faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=tpYH0a1o05Y

For the last time, when has Miyazaki ever given a fuck about those ugly spics?

How is the exploration restrictive when it's confirmed to be their most open game with a huge emphasis on movement?

What armor set is that and where/how do I get it?

The book in Deracine basically spells it out, dude.

Rise and fall of a Kingdom made of Gold. Bone weapons and blood infusions. An unfinished tale.

I think it's the Yahar-gul set that you can pick up from a chariot in the courtyard at the bottom of the giant steps right outside the building with the first Yahar'gul bonfire and the 3 hunters.

Defend what? A screenshot of a big snake that we know nothing about? I think I'll just wait until I play it before deciding whether the giant snake boss is soulless

>Death now has a tangible effect on the game world
explain

Well Sekiro releases at the end of Q1 so idk what it has to do with Q2/Q3

NPCs can die if you die a lot and death is permanent.

If Nioh 2 sorts out the shitty loot system and makes more interesting levels, it'll blow every shitty souls game out of the water. The stamina management in Nioh is way better than any single thing Soulsborne has shit out.

>That’s a fuck ton more than one user
In fact it's double

most people pick a weapon and stick to it in souls anyway, who cares

A lack of stats/weapons/covenants means that all areas will have to be around the same difficulty to stay accessible. There's no more choice in what you obtain like there was in Demon's Souls or DS1.

looks like they just have realistic collision, like a 3d fighting game. so if the animation moves, everything can be a dodge

>youkai realm
For real? That would actually get me excited about this game.

Seems like you go down into some area with Yokai, which I assume the 2nd sword comes into play more often.

You get an early taste against the Headless/Kappa.

It’s not souls combat you stupid blind brainlet

>yikes
>that’s gonna be an x
>dawg
>typing in all lowercase
Go the fuck back where you belong you subhuman pleb cuckold reddifugee soiguzzling cumguzzling cocksucking faggot.

Attached: 7637D2F4-6F0A-4F42-87CB-D39F1C8B3511.jpg (425x425, 41K)

is this like a bloodborne-ish twist or what

You’re on Yea Forums friend. Everything you said will go over most posters’, including the one you just quoted, heads

>>World design of Dark Souls 1 with lots of verticality

really?

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

that's what she said when you came out of the womb

haha gottem

Just bought it. Pretty sure this game is going to be amazing like Bloodborne.

> phoneposting reactionary

Horseshoe theory at it's finest

Based.

>Why has the reception of a videogame in Yea Forums been so negative? That literally never happens!

Will there be cute girls?

hub waifu

Attached: Emma..jpg (903x865, 172K)

that's a man

I for one am looking forward to Dark Souls: Ninja Gaiden edition

I can't get a suitable screenshot of her in the gameplay footage because of the low res. This is the best thing we have now.

Attached: 1551570372126.gif (512x512, 2.46M)

>It is a soulslike game with no customization of appearance, stats or equipment and no online for pvp or co-op
Except it's not a soulslike at all.
Why people still keep saying this even after it was proven worng so many times? Just because it's a game made by Miyazaki doesnt mean it's a soulslike, or is Armored Core a soulslike too?

nah you get more than 1.

trannies have really done a number on this place huh?

No you don't lol. It is confirmed the only weapon is the katana.

nope
Kusabimaru which we get initially, and Fushigiri later on

>will eventually lock you out of dialogue, lose chance to obtain useful items/bars progression
I dislike this.
From designs their games around learning from dying

I just loaded up DS1 to get the katana and feel the weebshit and HOLY SHIT DS1 IS SUCH DOGSHIT LMAO. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEKIRO.

you don’t know how every area’s gonna be retard

This might be the most braindead post I’ve ever seen on Yea Forums and FUCK does that say a lot

>waaah you have to use capitalization like me!!
go write an essay nerd

Absurdly redpilled post.

holy shit
i love ds and bb and im more hyped for sekiro than for any other from title

he uses the other sword to finish bosses
at least for the boss in the demo

>Are people reading to much into that little nod in Déraciné?
>You know, it wasn’t so much that they read too much into it, it was just supposed to be a little homage, but people kind of expected Bloodborne 2 and it kind of got a little bit crazy. So, we feel like we caused a great inconvenience to Sony, and that was really not our intention.
hurr durr

It doesn't matter, everyone here is going to play it.

Its 10 times as dificult as bloodborne.
I'm gone wach a playtrough

it's very easy to tell that both of you two are under 20 years old.

Pre ordered

Still it seems like souls clone. It is actually funny everyone started mimicking souls games, and the founder itself that brought out the original has been recycling the same ideas over and over. I think people just tired of seeing same thing.

Ive have decided to punish From Software for the decision to try something new. Even though I claim that I have become tired of the Souls games.

Attached: 1464203600606.jpg (400x600, 35K)

Isn't it just a successor to Tenchu?

it was supposed to be tenchu originally, but they decided very early in development to just make a new game

They've made like 5 souls games in a row and now they try something a little bit different, but still very much the same and people freak the fuck out.

BB trailers spoiled almost nothing though. Only the very last one hinted at ayylmaos but overall they did a great job at revealing as less as possible.

what's up with people thinking the trailers spoil anything
you dont know what's in the game
all the footage could be from the first 2 hours of a 40 hour game

>Fromsoft
>40 hour game

user all of their games have been 12 hours MAX.

ah yes of course Yea Forums beat all the soulsborne games without dying once

no you misunderstand. its not from dying; its from using the revive mechanic.

>hurr durr it's 1 hour long game because speedrunner did this

Their games are 16-20h long but the one you played first is much longer. DS1 took me 47 hours because i went completely blind, no fucking internet, 0 advices, that was the best experience in gaming

No, he's me.

it's not a Dark Souls game and Soulsfags are mad about it because despite them shitting on every game except DS1 they want From to only make Souls games

i want to hug you user

imagine how For Honor did it's combat where you select one of three directions to attack and your opponent can only block if they block the right direction. basically it's a back and forth of who can match each other's inputs the longest

Not what Sekiro is like from what I've seem

that is not at all how high end For Honor combat works though, it's all about anticipating the enemy attacks and reacting properly, while creating openings with feints and baiting into a parry.

Attached: 1551762815376.jpg (800x587, 89K)

>multiple approach to boss fights
You mean only one approach like all their games

imagine having to force yourself into someone else's game because you have no friends to play with

Attached: 1542247217848.png (1035x913, 675K)

>shitposters can't even decide if it's 1 weapon or 2 weapons
nice one faggots, why are you even arguing about the game when you don't know anything about it?

Face it lads, Sekiro is a watered down Nioh, nothing more.

>Only one weapon
>No stances
>No level design by choice
>No stamina
>No magic

Face it, its just a shitty Nioh, and compared to Nioh 2 it'll just be emmbarressing.

YASSSSSSS FROM SELL ME THE SAME GAME SIX TIMES YAAAAAAAAAS I LOVE YOU FROMSOFTWARE *GULP* *GULP*

just preordered. bite me.

>preordering games
hello corporate shit enabling cancer

Embarrassing post

nioh was mediocre and the tards who were saying that it was going to be the fromsoft killer clammed the fuck up within a week of its release

Not a boss

It is. You're going to sneak around the snake early and later on fight it as a boss (one of the 11)

Thank God they removed character customisation so I won't have to see another billion "haha funny face man" video in my recommendation tab

>tfw can't decide between Sekiro and Division 2

>nioh was mediocre
It was, but the combat was better than Souls and salty Fromfags can't accept that.

Based retard

You give people aids

nioh was a great game and it sold over 2.5 million as a new IP
demon's souls for example only sold about 1 million

Any real character action game kicks the shit out of Nioh and the game utterly failed to emulate the important aspects of dark souls. Nioh is a game that fills no niche.

It's a special move or weapon art or something that makes Sekiro move that way.

It's not a fucking souls game you tard.
If From makes a racing game, are you still going to complain that it doesn't have shields?

Proofs?

Embarrassing post

How many deaths until everything is just fucked and you might as well restart your entire game I wonder

>nioh was a great game
I stopped playing when I got to the last mission area because it was SO BORING.

>it sold over 2.5 million as a new IP
It was also in development for over a decade and piggybacked on the success of dark souls.

>Bronze - Great Serpent - Defeated the "Great Serpent".

1 I hope. get gud.

Souls series has one good game, Bloodborne was good but it's so overrated it's basically modern OoT. From's older games are all garbage.

Not very exited for this, maybe I'll pirate it once I see full gameplay.

Bloodborne was redpilled to the point the color itself became part of the games iconography

It's "I can't iframe through everything and spam r1"