Do you think Bethesda actually learned anything from Fallout 76 or will they just continue to get even worse as time...

Do you think Bethesda actually learned anything from Fallout 76 or will they just continue to get even worse as time goes on?

Attached: 1521492798397.jpg (680x383, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jobs.zenimax.com/locations/view/53
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fallout 76 was used to sort employees at bethesda austin and was made practically cost-free because no work or effort was put into it.

I think they learned quite a lot, and things they were very interested in learning as well

Everyone post your fallout 76 receipts
Im not playing around

Attached: 1549663018510.jpg (338x358, 22K)

They made a metric fuckton of money with Skyrim and FO4 so while i believe they learned something from FO76 you shouldn't expect them to discontinue the trend of their singleplayer game development.

The latter. They know they can't do 76 again (at least not with Fallout) but their single player games won't see improvement in any way. The next ES will be met with some sort of gimmick that's hidden behind some sort of premium. The beginning of the end for Memethesda was the paid mods on Steam, not 76

Todd please, I lost it in my sofa!

>them
Fallout 76 is not made by the people who make the single player games.

Most of the studio who made fallout 76 has been fired/disbanded already

Bethesda Austin is not only alive and well but Zenimax is massively hiring for them, what are you talking about.
jobs.zenimax.com/locations/view/53

TODD, I-I GOT MY COPY IN A GIVE AWAY, BUT I SWEAR I PAID FOR IT!

The issue here is that buyers aren't capable of learning. Literal drones.

Ask yourself why you think they are hiring a bunch of people, anonymous.

Because the studio is expanding because Bethesda has bought into the "games as a service" meme just like every other publisher.

They learned that retards will buy any garbage as long as it's got "Fallout" in the title.

Yeah sure... nice cover, Todd

No, user, it's because they fired the people who had these positions.

The only thing Fallout 76 was an experiment in, and thus the only thing Bethesda could possibly seek to learn, is how little effort they can put in for maximum return, and how people will still defend them for it.

The idea that Bethesda has any intention to potentially improve as a company or somehow put more effort into a title they work on is a joke. The only thing they have ever consistently done is put less effort in, cut more corners, and make more and more hollow cash-in products.

They physically cannot do anything else than that.

They knew that when they bid on the franchise

Sorry but someone just slipped it into my bag as I was leaving Media Markt.

>Fallout 76 is not made by the people who make the single player games.
It is.

>The team actually started thinking about multiplayer during development of Fallout 4, but ultimately decided it wasn’t the right fit for the parent-and-lost-child story they were trying to tell. However, while Fallout 4 was being built at Bethesda’s studio in Rockville, Maryland, VP of development Todd Howard tasked the Austin studio with exploring an online Fallout. “They wanted to try,” explains Hines. “They wanted to see what would a game of ours look like if it was an online thing.”

>Eventually, what would become Fallout 76 turned into a massive collaborative effort across the company. Austin was soon joined by Rockville once work on Fallout 4 wrapped up, and eventually the team pulled in talent from Bethesda’s studios in Montreal and Dallas, as well. This allowed Bethesda to tap into expertise from various teams. Austin’s experience creating online games was combined with Rockville’s in-depth knowledge of building a massive Fallout game. (Hines says that “everybody at the studio in Rockville who worked on Fallout 4 has worked on 76 in some shape or form.”)

Attached: 1523723273217.png (398x384, 143K)

But people didn't buy it. It cratered.

It's amazing that people here on Yea Forums just ignore reality and constantly type the same narrative of how they want things to be.

This always happens with conglomerate companies but austin did >80% of the work.

Project management is a thing bucko

If they keep getting worse, they'll fail at some point. They will learn from their mistakes or die

See:
>The beginning of the end for Memethesda was the paid mods on Steam, not 76
Keep up.

>Do you think Bethesda actually learned anything from Fallout 76
Yeap. Don't stick your dick in the cake unless it's your birthday. And honestly Bethesda knows hands down they literally will have everyone back in a heart beat for ES6. But I doubt there will be much traction for Fallout 5.

It didn't chart but it's neive to say it cratered, it at least established a player base, a small one but one none the less.

>neive

oof, yikes

it inarguably cratered. objectively. a game that doesn't earn you significant profit and damages your reputation cannot be viewed favorably.

The game objectively bombed even at a normalfag level. Even normie youtubers were shitting on it

>a game that doesn't earn you significant profit and damages your reputation cannot be viewed favorably.
Only the former is true

No and I think they're on panic mode since they don't have a replacement for their engine.

They're giving this game away with dualshock thumbgrips. A small player base is not what they wanted at all.

There's no way FO76 made as much money as Beth projected it would, add to that the fact that their rep got tarnished and yeah, it was a failure.

>That reading comprehension
Yeah the game was a flop financially, my point is that Bethesda's soilent boy-lents are not done supporting them. This is the only company that makes games for them. Unless that changes (it will not) Bethesda's followers are reluctant at the absolute worst.

>Do you think Bethesda actually learned anything from Fallout 76
Yes.
>will they just continue to get even worse as time goes on?
Yes.

If I get a 76, everyone in this thread has to buy Fallout 76.

Attached: YouWillBuyMyGame.jpg (530x530, 39K)

How dumb you must feel to not have gone with "Fallout 45" right now
nrrbtw

You win this round, but I'll be back next thread.

Attached: YouHaventSeenTheLastOfMe.png (793x794, 522K)

if I was Bethesda, I'd be confused why journalists loved Fallout 4 and gave it 10/10, but hated FO76 when it's basically the same game. I guess they need to fly journalists out to fancy hotels for preview events, instead of just doing that for youtubers.

*sip*

Attached: bottle-nuka.png (440x800, 86K)

No Todd, pull that pin. Let it all end.

They won't, they're incapable. All they have to do is release something called Elder Scrolls 6, no matter if it's just Skyrim with a motorcycle or something. People will buy it in droves, and their cycle of mediocrity will continue.

Re-rolling

This unless ES6 sees massive improvements.

Preferably a new fucking engine FFS

Bullshit, FO76 lacked a lot what made their earlier games great (in that specific niche), there's a lot of bethesda fans who didn't buy it.

>more bugs than anybody has been able to count as of yet
>extremely lower quality story writing / quests

Yeah it’s basically the same thing

>almost want to buy it just to experience the shitshow for myself first hand

god dammit I am too invested in this franchise, I literally snapped my fallout 4 disc in half because I was playing it too much and didn't want to spread this AIDS unto the world. but I feel 76 calling me, every day I have to say no. I can't let go

Attached: dead_money.jpg (1024x640, 145K)

You’re a dumb faggot. If they ever implement an offline or even an invite only way of playing, this game will probably be worth something.

Currently, with half of the quests broken, enemies that disappear or are invisible, etc etc you might as well just redownload the older fallout’s and break them with mods. They’ll probably still be more playable.

You could port pretty much every FO76 quest to FO4 and vice versa and nobody would see a difference.

Both feature the same
>go to [randomly picked location]
>kill [levelled enemies]
>pick up [Quest token]
>return
loop

>unless ES6 sees massive improvements.
20 bucks weapons and Armour will degrade. And it won't be like Skyrim either. It will be that shitty clothing system in F4. You know. The stupid *left part, right part, body and legs shit*

>weapons and armor will degrade
That hasn’t been a thing in a Bethesda game since Oblivion, not sure if you’re on the mark on that one buddy.
That’s true but at least you talk to NPC’s in FO4, in 76 you find freshly deceased corpses that somehow died “before the war”

>implying fallout 4 wasn't full of bugs on release
>implying every bethesda game isn't very buggy
>implying people care

>layered armor bad
Frick off

Attached: adamantium-armor-2.jpg (800x600, 88K)

Dude look up a video on all of the bugs in FO76, I can guarantee it’s worse than any other Bethesda game that’s been released so far.

Yeah that's what i found hilarious as well. The same faggot shills who praised FO4 suddenly complained about shallow RPG elements, crafting-grind and lazy fetchquests in FO76.

I remember playing FO4 on release day and seeing an NPC leaning against a car with her legs turning windmills in the air. Bugs are business as usual with bethesda, it comes with territory when you're making an open world game with lots of options.

wut, the options in fallout 4 are better than skyrim's, being able to customize everything was good. the only stupid part is there aren't very many clothes that can fit under armor which is a missed opportunity, why even make half the clothes in the game if they can't fit under armor? nobody will wear them. for example why don't farmhand clothes fit under armor? they're just a shirt and pants, it would work like the other clothes

>That hasn’t been a thing in a Bethesda game since Oblivion
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Dude Bethesda Armour system is good but shitty at the same time.

>wut, the options in fallout 4 are better than skyrim's
You are just saying that because the amount of variety in Fallout 4 on customization of weapons and clothing and building shit cater to your disability.

Fuck no. When the next TES trailer drops everyone will drop back on their knees to suck Todd's little ding dong.

Are they even going to have an E3 this year?

A-user... I don't... I don't have much time l-left...
Please... b-buy Fallout 76 for any console at full price, i-it might be enough to save me...

Attached: THAT_GAVE_TODD_CANCER.jpg (1000x990, 180K)