Collapse of Western developers

Anyone want to hazard what the hell is going on with Western devs in the past few years? Bioware, Bethesda, and Blizzard have tripped over themselves and released such hot garbage for their core IP's, and followed up with dumpster fire PR relations with fans.

But it's not all of gaming, it's just western devs. Meanwhile From Software, Capcom, Nintendo, and CD Projekt Red have yet to step in horseshit in any comparable fashion.

So what's going on with Western game developers. At the rate it's going all of them are going to have to abandon PvE single player gaming and do nothing but flavor of the week loot crate PvP games

Attached: from-software-shadows-die-twice-detail-leak-rumor-logo.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 29K)

Hazard? lol

CDPR have gotten into some shit, but mostly about them being an awful place to work more than making bad games, kind of like the Konami scandals. But speaking of Konami, there's an eastern dev fucking things up left and right. Oh, and Squeenix (even if they still somehow shit out some gems like Octopath).

It all comes back to one thing: the SJWs

Good fucking riddance.

Capcom realized that making good games equates to them selling well and From Software always knew it

All modern western games are bad, but From Software and CD Projekt Red have never made anything worth playing.

It's the B curse. Any major studio whose name starts with B is screwed.

Big money, big corruption. Video games are like the new Hollywood.

It's because Microsoft can't seem to actually publish a video game this gen. What have they actually done in the AAA space? Forza? That's pretty much it since the launch of the Xbone.

Sony's studios are doing alright; Horizon, GoW, Spidreman, etc.

Third parties with few exceptions have all been acquired by large publishers and turned into shells of their former selves pumping out software to pull mtx from saps.

Just stop.

>Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines? Now that was a real game

Attached: (You).jpg (540x720, 86K)

Kuon 2 when?

user...
1. venture to say (something).
"he hazarded a guess"
Would've taken you a second to google.

Attached: 1354159958857.gif (200x163, 1.25M)

He's not completely wrong though.

That's a hot opinion, there.

>But it's not all of gaming, it's just western devs.
Uh-huh.

Attached: 132891091.jpg (670x708, 189K)

>meanwhile Rockstar

Attached: Rockstar_Games_Logo.svg.png (2000x1840, 100K)

Aw Left Alive sucked? Took all that time crafting a fictional world and politics. Oh well.

>Anyone want to hazard what the hell is going on with Western devs in the past few years? Bioware, Bethesda, and Blizzard have tripped over themselves and released such hot garbage for their core IP's, and followed up with dumpster fire PR relations with fans.

>Bioware, Bethesda and Blizzard haven't made a good game since the early 2000's,
>OP only starts complaining about this now, nearly 2 decades later
What did he mean by this, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1549152541649.jpg (1200x1386, 118K)

is the original kuon actually good?

The industry is collapsing in on its own hubris. This will resolve itself and we'll have a handful of studios still standing. They'll either learn their lesson and publish their own games through Steam or die.

Apparently Miyazaki was interested in doing Kuon 2 but it seems they settled on a spiritual successor to Tenchu/Otogi with Sekiro instead. I doubt we’ll ever get a proper Kuon 2 but Miyazaki clearly had a concept for the game and some ideas that I’m sure will show up across their next few games.

That's how history in perspective works. Some of >us waited for the outcome. The japs won.

To be sure they make anything cancerous, it just seems odd they've all thrown their reputations away simultaneously.

And anyways it's not old social justice shit, they're just plain making bad business decisions period. Why wouldn't Bethesda do even rudimentary testing on FO76, I mean *who* internally beta tested it and didn't raise red flags with having no NPCs. How does Blizzard think abandoning Western game players for the Chinese gatcha market is going to work when theyre going to get financially raped by the Chinese government and get rolled by the dominant Chinese players like Tencent?

Just pure stupidity

>poland isnt West

They are still white you know

They can be blue as long as they can publish entertaining games.

Attached: 1549140682682.jpg (1090x1200, 117K)

This is an American board.

It's not SJWs, is just the result of video games reaching the masses. Same thing happened to film and music. AAA media in the west is 90 percent garbage because companies just find a formula guaranteed to earn a return and market the shit out of it so casuals buy it.

Nothing to do with fags. If anything the gay people I know I have better taste in games than normies.

Good western devs are being phased out and replaced by the new generation of untalented gen-y hacks that actually wasted their parents money going to school to make games.
The previous gen of devs learned all that shit on their own.
It was just a matter of time.

To add to this, Subnautica was made by ultra SJWs who I disagree with massively politically but the game was still one of the most original and interesting to come out recently.

It’s literally just shareholders in the business of turning a quick buck. Buy shares cheap, drive up their value as much as possible in the short term then sell when they’re at their peak, just before they crash. As soon as a company goes from private to publically traded their fate is sealed, even if it’s still decades away. It’s how things work for big companies like this.

And ironically those are the publishers who have put the most effort into modernizing and "westernizing" their brands. Funny.

This. Western games went from being made by neckbeards in garages to rich kids that are probably talented coders but lack any creativity. This is why western games have beautiful, clean graphics and cinematic effects but no soul.

Western (American) corporate greed. Squeeze every penny out of something until the tit is purple and blue, regardless of the opinions and backlash from the people buying your product is what's killing western developers. It has went from "let's design and build something with passion, knowledge and experience" to "let's add paywalls, microtransactions, pre-orders and year long dlc packages to make our profits look good".

A broken clock is still right twice a day
it's the SJWs

I find myself playing indie or AA games from the west, good riddance.

>...is being dragged through the mud for how beyond-shitty RDR2's online is.
Finished that for you

Only*

SJWs are the reason that most recent video games have bland gameplay and are glorified walking simulators? How does this further their cause? nu-GoW was heralded as some fuck to SJWs and it was the worst AAA game to come out in like 10 years.

Oblivion, Mass Effect, KOTOR II

I tend to think SJWs are a symptom, not the cause, of corporate collapse. Kind of like certain species of parasitic fungus that only grow in dying trees.

Something about the companies they congregate at was already giving a whiff that they're no longer focusing on quality or generally just have a poor relation to their customers

Attached: a96.png (1280x686, 576K)

>Oblivion
a downgrade from morrowind in pretty much every way apart from npc schedules

>Mass Effect
baby's first-sci fi compared with some of the worst third person shooter gameplay in the genre

>KOTOR II
Not a Bethesda/Blizzard/Bioware game (it's funny how the three biggest wrpg developers have names that start with "B" and are literally the big three

Why do you hate the truth?

Attached: lord of the rings-no.gif (500x209, 1.94M)

>baby's first-sci fi
What does this even mean

Attached: confused-best-girl.png (350x350, 160K)

Unregulated capitalism. Western companies are run by executives and investors who come and go with no interest in anything but making a quick buck. They have no problem abusing a company to make a profit and then dropping it as soon as consumers turn against it. Japanese companies are usually family-run and/or hire for life, meaning the people running it have an incentive not to burn everything to the ground and actually build a good reputation.

Honestly you're stretching if you think the original Mass Effect and Oblivion are bad games. I know it's fun and edgy to be contrarian but Bioware didn't start really fucking up until Dragon Age 2 and Bethesda seems to have fallen off a cliff, they almost seem to have let the widespread popularity of Skyrim go to Tim's head.

It's called affirmative action and it's the law. You think video games are bad? At least nobody dies. Look at engineering, healthcare, the military, etc, etc.

Attached: feminist sjw bridge collapse, gravity patriarchy.jpg (1280x2000, 2.03M)

>What does this even mean
The concepts presented in Mass Effect are shallow and sophomoric. Take for example the introduction of the reapers with Sovereign. The whole speech he gives is nonsensical. A Lovecraftian entity wouldn't brag about how super duper awesome they are and how they are going to crush humans, they would simply do it.

Attached: 1552346069272.png (403x448, 53K)

is poland not part of the west? I'm not disagreeing with you, I just thought yhet were considered part of the western sphere of influence and culture

Attached: TCG1.gif (245x133, 831K)

>If anything the gay people I know
Why are you refering to yourself in third person AND in plural?

Pole here, we're not. You can go fuck yourselves, turbo niggerfaggots.

I mean the same could be said of investor incentives in any industry, i'm not sure what would cause only game development software companies to suffer from slash and burn investment.

They are.

dont come crying for NATO when russia fucks you again

>CD project red
>not western

Attached: 1551355367456.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Square has been trying to be western for quite some time.

At Least in America, "west" usually means those nations that were NATO members during the Cold War. So no Poland wouldn't be Western. They should probably be grateful for that.

Gaming community is one of the most naive, stupid and exploitable communities out there. And they just took advantage of it.

Jews.

Don't worry. Take Two will ruin them soon.

Western AAA devs have generally fucking sucked for the past 13 years. Only difference is some of the Japanese companies finally got their heads out of their asses and started making good console games again.

Attached: Western games are shit.png (1280x2048, 1.98M)

This is why we need Intermarium desu

How would you know? You’re imposing human rationality onto a non-human entity to make sense of the world around you. Your entire argument is flawed by assuming that an alien species has to follow mankind’s current interpretation of logic and reasonable behavior.

lol ok, what would you consider the best three games to come out between 2010 and today? Do you even enjoy games? Or do you just live in the past?

When you step on an ant do you give it a speech on your superiority and tell it how futile it is to try and survive?

greed + weak m$ = strong sony/nintendo + god tier japanese games

If you're an Ant speaking bug bully you probably would.

Attached: robodoggo.gif (480x270, 1.4M)

Well, as a kid I might have to be honest...

But this is narrative exposition taking place. I thought sovereign did a good job demonstrating his might while remaining obscure and condescending enough to make the player feel inferior.

Also the relationship between reaper and space-faring races is a bit more nuanced than stepping on an ant, considering major species are targeted for indoctrination and integration to produce new reapers. It’s in their interest to cultivate life to the point where it’s advanced enough to harvest.

Also at the end of the day, reapers are just machines that an ancient organic race built. Not exactly gods.