Battle of Action JRPGs

Ys is a better Action RPG series than Kingdom Hearts, change my mind.

Attached: yskh.jpg (1280x720, 760K)

Why would I want to change your mind? I see nothing wrong.

ys is literally who weeb shit

Yes, but at least the villians aren't holding back all the fucking time like in trails.

Kingdom Hearts combat is better tho.

This is better than both.

Attached: 1542681506921.png (915x1140, 2.01M)

Never played this, is everyone gay like in Zestiria?

KH2FM+ has great combat, but the Ys series has a far better storyline that does interconnected factors in a lot less of a retarded fashion, and does actual dungeons and gameplay far, far more consistently.

I say this as a man that loathes Bump System and still needs to sit down and start playing Ys games more thoroughly.

KH may be a mediocre series, but it is in no way worse than Ys. KH2 is a much better game than Ys could ever hope to be and no KH game is as painfully bad as Ys I-II.

far less gay than Zestiria

What other action RPG series are there?

Why is Ys impossible to find anywhere for PS4?

Diablo and the Souls games come to mind.

Almost every Tales of?

It's a niche series. Hopefully one day people will recognize its greatness as they did with Persona. Also just get the digital version.

>Ys I & II
>bad

Did NISA actually improve the translation when they went back and re-did it?

They did, it's a lot better now. Some people still complain because it's NISA, but I understood the story completely fine and it's really good.

What are the other Ys games that are like Origins? I don't want to do that bumper cars or party crap.

yea but they had to get outside help to do it since their internal team is so trash that they can't do a actual translation.

The fact that they had to hire the ex-xseed team to do the translation for Trials of Cold Steel 3 tells you how bad their old translation team was.

Dragon's Dogma

I think Ys VIII comes close and might even surpass KH2FM.

I admit that 2FM's combat is a lot deeper than Ys VIII, but to me, both games are pretty much neck and neck when it comes to overall gameplay and content.

>I think Ys VIII comes close
YS8 is literally worse than several older Ys games, it's casualised as fuck and ugly

> I don't want to do party crap
You're missing out, Ys VIII is one of the best ARPGs ever made.

But for Ys games like Origins, there's Oath in Felghana and Ark of Napishtim.

t. Felghana fags