Let's talk about Tetris

Let's talk about Tetris

Attached: Arika_Ti_title.jpg (596x447, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

themamecabden.blogspot.com/2015/08/tetris-grandmaster-3-download-guide.html
youtube.com/watch?v=d44u0L4uCJw
youtube.com/watch?v=KoCFToFstSY
youtu.be/bgktMCoNnAo?t=117
youtu.be/LteeZ7um9ww
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What can we say about Tetris that hasn't already been said before? It's pretty much the perfect vidya.

Stop making this thread and go play Cave games

this but unironically

There's a surprising amount of variety between the variations of Tetris
For example:
NES Tetris, pieces are completely random and pieces lock immediately when they hit the floor. The rotation system doesn't allow for many wallkicks/floorkicks. NES Tetris is also smoother than GB Tetris
Sega Tetris/TGM goes by a piece memory system of randomization (remembers your last 4 pieces and tries to not give you those) and has a fixed amount of lock delay. Has some wallkicks/floorkicks
Modern Tetris has a 7 bag randomizer which guarantees you'll get every piece in permutations of the 7. The rotation system has a fuckton of wallkicks/floorkicks and the lock delay resets with every rotation. Some games only allow 15 rotations before a piece locks while others allow infinite.

How can I play TGM3?

It runs natively on PC
themamecabden.blogspot.com/2015/08/tetris-grandmaster-3-download-guide.html

I also saw the latest Dunkey video OP

play 2hu instead

You're right. We should talk about Katawa Shoujo for the millionth time. Uhhh that cripple girl was really hot.

Are you gonna post this on every Tetris thread? It just makes you look bad. I've been playing this game for a lot fucking longer than that video has been out. Kill yourself. He barely even mentioned the game in passing. You meme fuck.

10/10 game

I'm playing NES Tetris a lot lately. The randomizer combined with piece lock adds a lot of challenge. The Gameboy version will always be my favorite though, due to having all three types of music, plus it was my first. Just a shame the speed capped at 20.

user from the past, get out of here while you still can!

Honestly?
TAP is the best one, but that doesn't mean TGM3 is bad. Except for one thing
>nice GM play kid here's a fucking MasterM because you didn't unlock it in your account now keep feeding me with money

Oh hey you watched the Dunkey video too!

Nobody fucking cares what dunkey did or didn't do post your favorite Tetris version or get out faggots

I honestly really do like the account system, because it makes your achievements feel a lot more meaningful and I like having all of my records saved
But the requirements for GM are bullshit artificial difficulty

nice stealth dunkey thread ya eceleb worshiping faggot

Nice completely un-self-aware projecting you fucking memelord zoomer faggot retard who should fellate a fucking shotgun

I like the requirements because they tried to take as much advantage of the new guidelines rules as possible while keeping the difficulty to unlock the mroll doable but really hard.
The requirements in the credits are bullshit though but I'd take "make 5 tetrises or else" over "make 32 lines or else"

imagine being so zoomer that you see tetris and think about ecelebs

what are some tips and tricks to playing Tetris like a pro?

I know about leaving space for the i block for easy tetris, anything else?

Attached: 1549127945112.png (1587x2048, 1.84M)

not that user but kill yourself, there is a tetris thread on Yea Forums maybe once a month, you are obviously pretended to be obtuse and trying to meme

Just learn how to stack fast and do 4wides in multiplayer

Learn t-spinning

For NES learn some stacking techniques from Jonas Neubauer and learn about the DAS and maybe hypertapping
For TGM you really gotta learn how to finnesse the pieces where you want em, pyramid stacking?and for TGM 3 abuse Hold
For Guidelines learn 4-wides and T-spin triple setups

Tetris 99's release pretty much gave Tetris threads a second wind, maybe you should stop thinking everything revolves around ecelebs

meant to put a , not a ?
pyramid stacking is essential

what about puyo tetris? that's the one I play

puyo tetris is guidelines, learn 4-wide and tspin triple setups
center 4-wide is preffered but a little tricky

>only managed to get one win in 99

Attached: 1551304765681.png (306x243, 94K)

Post your ranks Yea Forums
2 classic s3 world noob here

Attached: 49840190.jpg (480x608, 29K)

for me it's tgm2, fuck tspins, fuck multiplayer and fuck the hold button

I never thought I would ever see a thread about this game on Yea Forums
This board usually doesn't have taste

My highest play is an m8 but I'm ranked S9, all on Classic.
BASED

SEND EM

READY.

Ayy It's good to see TGM threads on Yea Forums, been grinding shirase mode a bit recently.

btw here's a bop for you sega fans
youtube.com/watch?v=d44u0L4uCJw

NES Tetris is great except for the completely retarded, broken DAS
As soon as I started to learn it I realized it makes the game almost unplayable

What is the best tetris game available on pc?

Attached: 14429921655790.jpg (604x516, 44K)

Imagine being such a faggot that you make a thread on Yea Forums after watching a YouTube video pretending to have an original thought

nullpomino

X-tetris

>get to 10 people left
pieces mysteriously stop rotating
>pieces locking
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? IS SOMEONE RIGGING THE GAME AGAINSY ME?!

>there is a tetris thread on Yea Forums maybe once a month
What is Tetris 99 you absolute cunt

let's talk about spins, baby
let's talk about you and me

Most of the good Tetris games are on PC

TGM2+ and TGM3 are all you really need, ignoring multiplayer

this, nullpomino jstris and TOP are the kinos

Cultris 2 is good, just a lot of hardcore people on multiplayer.

Tetris World is the best tetris, as well as the best soundtrack for a tetris game.

be glad you've gotten one at all

Attached: ddd.png (600x596, 106K)

Why it that only the Japanese get tetris?

>.
Yeah drop that vertical 4 in my ass so fast it breaks the sound barrier you little fucking trap slut

>tfw no tetris h-game

Attached: 160927210830-tk-ah0927-super-tease.jpg (1100x619, 55K)

I got to second place in Tetris 99 today which is really great for me.
Also got some t-spin doubles for like the first time today. I shouldn't focus on them because I still suck and it just fucks me up generally, but they are fun.

TGM2 and 3 have some weirdly raw sounding subtitles for Tetris games

I love Puyo Puyo Tetris for the local multiplayer

Are there any actually decent tetris apps :^)

>touch screen tetris
kb or stick only

What the fuck is The Absolute supposed to mean? The Absolute what?

Is Grandmaster Ace on the 360 worth owning?

only if you have a Japanese xbox 360
It's sadly region locked even though the majority of x360 games are region free

best modern tetris comin thru
>tfw playing this in vr the first time
fuckin wild

Attached: tet.png (1200x675, 1.65M)

If you want more TGM go for it
But as said it's region locked

Post a Tetris better than Philips CD-i Tetris.
>pro-tip, you can't.
youtube.com/watch?v=KoCFToFstSY

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (995x687, 541K)

Any one know when they're going to announce the results of the Tetris 99 tournament? I thought I was okay with a few wins, then I saw people flaunting around with 30 and 40 wins.

Style over substance, music's cool though

Did my first t-spin today lads.

Attached: C_KwiUqXYAAx2uX.jpg (1024x764, 121K)

youtu.be/bgktMCoNnAo?t=117

Long piece at beginning of current bag and end of next bag :(
Everyone can go god mode once in a while

Attached: 8F44F74C-C992-43A1-848A-376D950C52C4.jpg (125x125, 9K)

Magical Tetris Challenge was the last good Disney game, the OST is amazing
youtu.be/LteeZ7um9ww
>le bobby hill poster

joy con desyncing.

I've managed four Tetris 99 wins in just 23 games played, I only started it this past Sunday.
So I'm pretty confident in my ability, my strategy is mostly just to keep targeting attackers, rather than focus on badges or building up my own badges.

How does this play on VR? I might buy it

>be brainlet
>still pulled off 3 wins before event started after approx 4 hours of play total
>get another 5 during event because games were clearly region locked removing not only jp players but also replacing most of the other 99 with bots because based aus/nz has too few players

I literally only ever rotate in one direction and only going for the basic tetris block breaks nothing ever advanced, my only saving grace is I can handle the infinite spin for absurd amounts of time and that can't be anything special, any jp players I ko must be SEETHING knowing a brainlet like me can ever win

Also 8bitdo snes pad is the best controller for this game, fuck joy cons, fuck pro controller, need dpad goodness

Attached: i happen to be.jpg (996x720, 98K)

its literally just the regular game but you can move your head to look around. its my goty for last year so im biased but its the best modern flashy tetris experience by a wide margin, cant experience that in a different title yet.

You know who else has won once in Tetris 99? Totally a master. He's beaten every Battle Royal game at least once!

Attached: 1529428905877.jpg (400x400, 131K)

Why do you project so hard? Do you really think everyone is brought up on the hottest eceleb memes just because you are?