Your thoughts on Shadow Man by Acclaim, Yea Forums?

Your thoughts on Shadow Man by Acclaim, Yea Forums?

Attached: shadowman.jpg (640x440, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=39cCEC476w0
youtube.com/watch?v=ghSuER5Sgh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Synopsis?

Played it for PC and genuinely enjoyed it. platforming sections were frustrating but I really liked the art and character design
curious about the sequel, never got a chance to check that out

You are a voodoo shaman constantine chasing after jack the ripper thru the shadow realm while looking like a late 90s blade character. This game is TOTALLY not a weird hybrid of Blood omen and Alice. But the game is good in an old 90s adventure game charm kind of way.

What gameplay does it entail

I played it, I don't remember much from it. I think I rented it. There's a dream world or shadow world or something and a real world I think you can phase between similar to Soul Reaver? You solve puzzles and shit this way. I remember fighting a serial killer boss in a death row prison, maybe just by the electric chair.

Remember playing this on ps1. Never finished, got lost constantly and the lonely atmosphere made me feel depressed.

Might get it the next sale for nostalgia's sake.

Literally Legacy of Kain style gameplay, thus the >TOTALLY not a weird hybrid of Blood Omen and Alice

Atmosphere is 10/10
gameplay not so much

Just remembered that Irish skelly snake. Funny how your brain stores random stuff even after decades of not thinking even once about it.

its kino youtube.com/watch?v=39cCEC476w0

Yes, I remember getting lost constantly as well. And I also remember a lot of over head swinging like on monkey bars.

The PS1 version fucking sucks but DC version is GOAT

It didn’t live up to the hype. Kinda dumb, no where near as edgy/bloody as they implied it would be. It noticably looked worse than earlier games like Turok 2. It felt clunky and repetitive.

I just know teen me wasn’t impressed.

How has nobody posted this yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=ghSuER5Sgh0

i bought this as a kid and it was hard as fuck. i dont think ever got past the 2nd level. it was a weird game. i remember some alligators and bayou type setting.

Attached: 1539648082960.jpg (512x512, 33K)

Too bad the main weapon was that very unsatisfying slow peashooter. On paper this should have been a 10/10 game.

Played for PC. It was great game, and the GOG version stands up really well.

It can be confusing on some parts, specially the beginning of the game. I'm sure I had to use the walkthrough at some point or two.

It has that Metroid-like progression where you revisit stages and open new sections with the new power-ups.

I had Shadowman 2 on PS2 and the load times were obscene. Literally minutes to load every level and loading again after you die

The fantastic creepy atmosphere.

I've been putting it off for years now, what's the best platform to play it on?
How's the Dreamcast port?

PC is probably the better way to play it nowadays. Maybe a potato laptop can run it well.

I miss Acclaim

I looked this up last year. IIIRC the DC port looks the best and has some other improvements. PSX was worst port, followed by PC. N64 isn't great due to limited hardware/cartridge space, but has good atmosphere I think. Possibly there is a modded PC release that's considered "best" but not sure. I'd say DC

COME ON SLOWPOKE

Great but a bit wonkey and I was too young and too foreign to properly play it on the playstation.
Art direction and world building was a honest 9/10 for sure

Attached: SHADOWMAN-ENNIS_TPB_001_WOOD.jpg (780x1200, 187K)

this game plays a lot like metroid, combat kinda sucks but level design is compelling enough

lots of back tracking to unlock new areas or upgrades.

i loved it

It's still one of my favorite games. Can't beat the atmosphere and the world they built is very cohesive.