Ultimate summit proved Salem to be 100% right

Ultimate summit proved Salem to be 100% right

Attached: 155223900340.jpg (733x745, 374K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMrN65VxKlQ&ab_channel=Armada
youtube.com/watch?v=EBGffJfBkd0
youtube.com/watch?v=IpJtTVVWJyU
twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/1101742192584880128
twitter.com/ArmadaUGS/status/1105028347078205440
youtube.com/watch?v=I6ZX9VVBhKQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Redpill me on the situation.

Attached: 85e.png (680x383, 302K)

>Winning a tournament literally no one was at
Congratulations. Summit was a lot of fun to watch without Salem

I guess MVD is a no one now

Not really, Melee fags were pretty bro with everyone,

>Melee players got spanked
>Mang0 didnt take anything seriously and used it as a vacation
>Leffen sperging on twitter all weekend

Meanwhile
>salem beats the best snake player with his 1 month snake
>wins 6k easy

Attached: salem_1.png (1281x718, 515K)

Leffen says snake sucks
Salem says he doesn't and just recently beat the best snake and is now looking to be the new best snake player plus he got 1st and 3rd at his last 2 tournaments

Why did that tournament had such a gigantic pot size? like wtf nobody even watched it

>all the melee players got absolutely washed by the smash 4 players
>mang0 busted a hole in the ceiling of armadas room
>mang0 goes 0-12 in bracket not even taking a single game off of any player
>melee players in pools all went 0-15 in game counts on the second day
>armada a literal 1 trick pony and admits on mic that he doesnt have the same ledge trapping and combo game level as cosmos who beat him in the ditto
>leffen busters out and blames his character for every loss and basically only beats armada
>melee players besides mang0 dont even do skits/mafia
tldr: mang0 dangerous, armada 1 trick pony, melee isnt part of the ultimate community, chillin is very fat.

Obviously, it's now in their best interests to do so. The problem is that they spent a decade shitting on everyone else and are now trying to pretend that they've always been nothing but kind and inclusive.

> Salem is butthurt because Melee players were dicks to Brawl players and he still can't get over it 10 years later
> Leffen said Snake sucks (he was wrong) and that provoked Salem into a huge Feud with him
> As a result of this feud Salem started saying melee Players are garbage human beings and has been super toxic to the melee community for the past couple of weeks
> Loses his sponsorship due to this toxicity
> Won a tournament nobody watched while Summit was taking place using Snake

>chillin is very fat.
Hes just bulking

> Melee players aren't as good in Ultimate as Ultimate players

Well holy shit nigger

Does anyone else smell that? It fucking reeks man jesus

Mang0 stopped taking it seriously by the melee vs. Ulti crew battles because melee got fucking crushed, he knew he stood no chance in bracket. Armada did okay, but cosmos was just better in every situation. Mew2king took a set or two, but he was severely crippled by his tiny character pool and experience. Maybe next year the melee pros will at least stand a chance.

God bless vanes for making that last mafia game legendary, that shit was like the Death Note anime.

Honestly meleefags were super dicks during the Brawl days, but they just kinda shut up during the Smash 4 days.

Mew2king in particular has always been very bro,Armada has always been neutral, HBox has never been a dick to Smash 4 or Brawl players as he's always been a dick to the Melee community while taking all the tournaments (huge alpha), Leffen just likes being leffen, Mang0 is a piece of shit though

Almost all of those Ultimate players played every Smash game, including Melee. Unlike the hardcore Melee spergs they actually played other games in the series and didn’t just become one trick ponies that can literally only play the one game

>Armada did okay
by beating washed up Zer0?

>Mew2king took a set or two
He only shined because he played Mang0 in losers and as you said Mang0 isn't even trying.

>Maybe next year the melee pros will at least stand a chance
It's never gonna happen because Ultimate is closer to Smash 4 than Melee.
Did M2K won some big tourney on Smash 4? No

Yeah dude Esam totally dominated at melee summit.

Yeah but Ultimate players playing melee would do just as bad as Melee players playing ultimate, is the same shit

Esam actually had the results to qualify for voting, they didn't have to add a "You're allowed to vote for Mang0" rule specifically for him.

>armada beat zero
fucking kek @ scarflard

testing something

m2k could easily become the weird presence he was in smash 4 as the one motherfucker who keeps getting 33rd but knocks down a top 10 player along the way.

Armada did okay comparitively, a lot of people noted that he was grinding hard and really listening and learning from the ultimate players, same with mew2king. I say they'll do better next year if this event is repeated because they'll have had a year to practice. I'm not a meleefag, I always thought the tourneys looked incredibly boring and the God subculture really annoyed the shit out of me, but I think the harder-working melee pros can get to a respectable level in ultimate.

That’s true but it doesn’t really do much to fight the whole “Melee players are too separated from the whole Smash community” narrative

won more games than mango

Attached: 1490194022177.png (440x478, 376K)

Esam shouldn't have lost to light at nimbus, I'm so fucking sad about that. It was definitely all his fault though, he tried to style on people no less than 4 times, and all of them resulting in him taking losses he could have easily avoided: that's both how he got knocked into losers and how he lost grand finals.

>Washed up zero
>Zero takes a game off of mkleo and the others were at least close
He's not washed LMAO

reminder armada beat zero

esam is a faggot so i am glad

If washed up Zero can take Leo to game 5 and three stock Light then he must be a beast.

>three stock Light
>three stock Fox is impressive past Melee
ok bro

So what I'm getting from all this is that players who have spent literlaly every waking moment for months playing Ultimate, are doing better in it than players who have been playing Melee instead all that time, but not well enough to completely dominate them to the point where none of them won any matches? Lmao imagine being that fucking bad

>esam is a faggot
based and redpilled opinion

Leffen,Mango and Armada have been grinding ult since launch so pls find a better excuse, melee-drone

Attached: 1829909629.jpg (720x720, 57K)

The only thing summit proved is that mafia is 100 times more entertaining to watch than ultimate.

>they
None from the melee invitees other than mango fit your criteria, and even then mango did it towards the game, not the community.

Many of the melee players have been playing ultimate since release, but ultimate is much more like smash4 than melee, so the smash4 players made the transition more cleanly. Melee players are still getting used to characters like wolf and olimar in general, like just learning their moveset and stuff. They're still at a considerable disadvantage, but I think that excuse won't be available next year.

Mang0 hasnt.

Leffen and Armada have but they have no Smash 4 experience

God melee posters have been so fucking cringey lately

Armada called the entire FGC mindless sheep and corporate whores a week ago.

Get fucked Tr4.5sh fag.

He's not wrong though

Why do Melee players suck so much ass in all the newer entries? They are the only fags who consistently failt to adapt to the newer games.

Leffen didn't also play Smash for years without any breaks like the ultimate losers did. No idea about mango it's a wonder he can even hold the controller with how drunk he is. Armada doesn't even play smash seriously anymore

>You trash4 kiddies shouldnt be mad at mango getting into summit, hes been the number 1 ult streamer!

>Mango did bad because he doesnt play ult enough

Attached: 1490170102120.jpg (345x389, 23K)

Wrong.

>muh precious Melee, only melee counts nothing matters if its not melee melee MELEE
Yikes

one
trick
ponies

>NOOOOOOO HOW FUCKING DARE HE
>*retweets 10,000 times*

Attached: 1549583017410.png (480x600, 128K)

Suck corporate cock harder.

The newer smash games are really different in terms of mechanics compared to melee.

Man the npc meme is so ironic

>smeeles still using NPC memes
lmao demented

Less technical stuff, more neutral game.
Essentially you want to play smarter than your opponent since you can't combo them from 0 to kill percent in seconds.

>no corners
How can Smash ever be considered a fighting game?

See you at EVO :)

>mang0 busted a hole in the ceiling of armadas room
source?

Fun fact: the ‘stinky day’ quote originated from a Smash 4 venue, not a Melee one. So whenever you repeat any memes about Melee players not showering, you were tricked. Melee players are mostly laid back and do practice basic hygiene, whereas Smash 4 (and by extension Ultimate) players are a bunch of smelly dudes with a fake community. They also suck down the latest corporate products that Nintendo shits out.
Just some food for thought. Think before you shitpost next time.

Whatever you say Smelee

Dont know what that guy is talking about he busted a hole in his own ceiling

>grug melee player not stinky, grug smash 4 player stinky!

You both reek, stinky.

Smaylay

Confirmed tr4sh 4 baby. Bigger melee players rarely smack talk other games but brawl. Certain tr4sh 4 babies get upset that melee players dont like the same thing as them. Both communities have man children but no one that matters really cares. Salem just decided to sperg out on twitter towards Leffen claiming melee wasnt a smash game. Then it escalated. Even though the biggest melee names all like ultimate,enough to enter and play lol. Its retarded. And Salem lost his sponsorship over acting like a bitch

I repeat
source?

youtube.com/watch?v=OMrN65VxKlQ&ab_channel=Armada
its in the background of this stream

>And Salem lost his sponsorship over acting like a bitch
And now hes playing even better so sound like their loss, not his.

>Melee players are gud boys, they didnnit do nudffin’
>Please ignore all the Melee players that claimed the rest of the FGC were all corporate cock suckers because they don’t want to play one game for almost two decades straight

Just watch any of there pre summit streams they talk about it a bunch

testing

How is Salem so good at Snake already?

DANGEROUS

Attached: D1XNUn3U4AA22pz.jpg (1536x2048, 431K)

good fundamentals, good defensive instincts

Law of Conservation, energy cannot be destroyed. When Leffen shrinks, that matter has to go somewhere. Leffen has never been as microscopic as he is today, all that power went into Salem.
Also the M2K household made like 21k yesterday. A good day for Jason.

Attached: 1545059848628.jpg (571x607, 77K)

The game is still new so upsets like beating the best at one character will happen more often.

you failed

Melee and Smash ultimate players are still arguing with each other? No wonder they're bullied by the FGC.

>light is only 19
what the fuck

And ZDs only 18

So is Leffen still gonna sperg about brackets being rigged and favoring Smash 4 players when it's clear Smash 4 players have a better understanding of the game?

He's got some of the best item play around, heritage from his ZSS days in Brawl

How do i beat Lucina as Ness? He gets one stock over me and camps me out and waits for me to approach and since my moves are laggy he'll occasioanlly go out and attack me and pull out and wait for me to make a move. This guy is a coward I have to put in all the work if he's a stock ahead.

Attached: 1408065587988.png (302x460, 186K)

>Getting camped
>When you have projectiles

>implying Ness mains know how to do anything except go in and PK FIYAH

He always stayed just far away from all my pk fires :( Sometimes he'd jump over me and other times he'd attack and throw me offstage and would literally go so far out to gimp me that I jsut quit onl the 4th match.

play a better character

idk dude maybe you should slurp Zero's nuts more or something idk dude haha

isn't he already balding?
that's rough

Was ZD at summit? I feel like he was but I legitimately don't remember
If he was, he felt nonexistent in both playing and personality

fair him off stage, PK thunder, uair, repeat.

He hits the Pk thunder and than hits me :(

Peach is like the 2nd best character though

Relax hes a kid

They criticized the games, not the players. Salem is shit talking the players, which is why he's getting so much flak. What's more, Ultimate wouldn't have even been as good as it was had it not been for that decade's worth of bitching.

Every move has a counter for every other move (except meele puffs well spaced bair). There is no strategy to beat lucina, you beat the player using him. Learn his patterns, his favorite getup option, his preferred tech option, if he uses double jumps on juggle or air dodges crossing you up, his favorite out of shield attack.
I know this aint reddit, but use your head when playing instead of your instincts. You'll loose a game or two purposely while learning and noticing this things. Eventually, if you punish one option learned watching, you'll punish more often than note. He'll change tactics, of course, but that is a sign that he isn't safe anymore. Tackle one option at a time, and eventually, your opponent will crack.

He's retardedly good at chucking items everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=EBGffJfBkd0

You are dealing with someone who has unlocked Ultra Instinct; I cannot help you.

How would you beat an ike that tomahawk grabs you if you parry his moves?

I mean I agree with you but smelee sounds better, so lets keep it that way

Funny because it's true. More mafia the better.

Attached: 1552083622048.jpg (2048x1144, 80K)

The white caster, looks like he's straight out of an old apogee platformer.

Why was Ultimate Summit so fucking boring?

Half the people were there just to get washed
>b-bbut muh personality
The melee guys besides mango barley did anything

Because they invited a bunch of Melee players who suck at Ultimate, why else?

adapt to his style of zoning and change your own approach, don't go full flowchart, this applies against all FE characters
also abuse of jump cancels with PSI-Magnet for the extra hitbox and mixup

You really are a complete idiot.

>>all the melee players got absolutely washed by the smash 4 players
Explain Armada beating ZeRo then, the literal best Smash 4 player.

>toxic
Go back to whatever forum you came from, idiot.

What is the most kino Mafia moment?

Attached: 1552282784094.jpg (3218x4096, 2.17M)

Fox is top tier in Ultimate, retard.

Light is overseeded and washed I would destroy Light in competiton.

Zero hasn't been attending Ultimate tournaments

Sure you would, retard. Sucks you didn't win Nimbus

But most the Ultimate Summit players didn't even want to play because the vast majority of the top players are boring as fuck lamp posts. The only ones who really cared about Mafia were Mango, Zero, Dabuz, Void and Samsora.

I know HBox gets a lot of hate for being at the top of Melee, but at least he makes for a good villain and gets people emotionally invested. Contrast him with MkLeo, who is literally the definition of boring.

This whole game:

youtube.com/watch?v=IpJtTVVWJyU

Worth watching the whole thing. Vanessa ruined it at the start, but it literally ended up transcending Chu's retardation.

Leo is a fucking dead fish eyed corpse with only one expression

what the fuck is mafia? no matter what point into the video I go to, it looks like just a pre-game unorganized chat

Light is literally the most consistent player next to Leo right now. He only loses to top 10 players.

Does melee mafia cheat? After finding out ee cheated it kinda ruined it for me, why tryhard like that in a game with "friends"

It's a game where a group of people vote to kill people they think are the mafia and mafia get to kill one person each round. Mafia want to kill all the townspeople, townspeople want to kill mafia.

It's a social game so I understand why you don't get it.

Attached: 186453839467776.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

>It's a social game so I understand why you don't get it.
Stop projecting.

Goddamn, I forget just how slow Brawl was. What the fuck was Sakurai thinking?

You won't understand it skimping through parts. Watch the whole thing from the start. I was the same until I gave in and watched the whole thing. I don't regret it better than Summit.

Nah.
The only thing Summit proved is that when women get involved with something, the game turns into complete chaos.

excuses

He may be a gay, black furry but Salem is proving himself to be based due to at least having a personality compared to 90% of the Smash Ultimate autismos.

You literally asked for an explanation, don't bitch because you don't like the one you're given.

You were given a video of people playing it and still couldn't comprehend what was happening.

This is quite hilarious to me. That Armada video really does show how ignorant he is to other fighting game communities.

It’s not an excuse. He retired from Smash 4 a while ago and hasn’t been attending Ultimate tournaments, he’s rusty as fuck. You don’t magically stay good at these games and the people he goes up against practice for several hours each day.
All Zero does it collect stream money. I would do it too if I were him.

Salem would have unironically made Ultimate Summit way more enjoyable. Making Leffen extremely annoyed on its own would've been funny.

Leffen's running away to Melee now because he knows Salem will beat him if they ever encounter.

why does Leo look like somebody's abuelita

All I see are making excuses for your heroes IMO.

I enjoy watching some pro Melee play as much as the next guy but you can tell that many of them still play or at least pay attention to their game seriously as evidenced by the butthurt about not getting into EVO over SamSho and Unist.

source on this vid?

>implying

Ever heard of Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter Battle Arena Toshinden, etc?

I thought the gay black furry played Dragonball

>tfw too autistic to enjoy mafia

>melee Players are garbage human beings
No lies detected. I come to Yea Forums daily and I wouldn't touch those people with a 40 foot pole.

twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/1101742192584880128

that last game is the most hype thing I've ever seen
holy shit

I should note that it's at the top of the rant.

wrong dude

he actually is a confirmed gay furry (his fursona is a cat), just like sonicfox.

oh didn't know that. he doesnt parade it around like sonic fox then

furries always win, baby

Attached: 1551057714359.png (247x247, 57K)

Honestly the entire Smash community is pretty garbage in my opinion. I wouldn't want to meet a soul who frequents smash boards or r/smashbrothers or whatever. They all act like children and are immature as fuck.

Attached: 1533498454839.jpg (230x320, 25K)

Maybe that's because Sonicfox is a huge libtard.

twitter.com/ArmadaUGS/status/1105028347078205440

Get ready to seethe, Ultikids.

Attached: armadatweet.png (632x180, 52K)

Not following you

Wow both videos in that thread make Armada look like a cunt.

I watched some of the summit, and I didn't find Ultimate very fun to watch. I think as the meta develops it's not going to get a lot better either. People will start getting the hang of parries more and it'll end up a more defensive game than it already is.

>that moment during Summit where dabuz switched to Rosalina vs. MkLEO and even the commentators said the game was dragging

Attached: 1536195990203.jpg (177x278, 14K)

Years of Research

Whatever point Salem had went out the window when he just randomly started bitching at any and all melee players.
Like Axe, you can't dislike Axe.

Attached: 08_n.jpg (530x355, 24K)

Thoughts?

Attached: D1W7XsfUcAALhzv.jpg (1536x2048, 458K)

>games only undergone one patch
>five characters left to be added
>optimization has only just begun in the meta
Lol ok

Leo is fun on Twitch streams, but boring in competitive/tourney environments.

youtube.com/watch?v=I6ZX9VVBhKQ

take a shower then, melee autist

who?

they look like they hate each other

"> "
>super toxic
>toxicity
Go back you massive faggot.