Just finished this for the first time. AMA

Just finished this for the first time. AMA.

Attached: Nioh.jpg (600x351, 50K)

did you have fun?

weapon/armor class?

NG+ and ++ are even better

i think imma pirate this rn just finished DMC5 i have hollow knight to beat still but i want something more hack and slash i guess rn but this is like Dark Souls samurais right?

DLC as well or just regular campaign?

If I play this right now will my skills with DMC 5 diminish as I adjust to this game?

>finished this for the first time
You're only 1/5 of the way through the game user
Good luck!

yes

good or bad
>inb4 hurr this is shit compared to dark souls ninja gayden sekiro

I'm in the second level and find it somehow hard to level and the enemy's. Loved and played through all parts of dark souls and Co. But im somehow struggling with this game. Should I just level and git gud?

>just finished the tutorial playthrough
did you at least play DLC?

>dark souls ninja gayden sekiro
is ninja gaiden any good? im sorry if its annoying to compare them but i only heard about ninja gaiden when i was younger but i never played one

Yes at first then I got my ass handed to me for a long time and I felt pretty shitty, ditched my dark souls style playing, adapted to blocking and playing a LOT more aggressively and I had a lot of fun.

Dual blades/Kusarigama and red demon armor.

I've just started two kings : Nioh and I'm getting my ass kicked again.

Don't play it like Dark souls or you will get fucked HARD plus it makes it boring to play if you do.

Just the regular campain, I have the DLC ahead of me.

I'm going to get my shit pushed in again, aren't I?

best / worst fight?

Play aggresively, use low stance to dodge around then switch to mid/high if you need to for more damage.

DLC is tough and good. Play it

Best is probably Giant Toad or Ogress, if I had to choose then probably Giant Toad since he's such a bro.

Worst is probably white tiger I liked the fight but the end was pretty sad. I'm sure there's a pain in the ass boss fight I'm not thinking of.

I'm going to start it once I finish up on the main game. How much harder is it compared to the main game?

How fast do you guys think we'll get Nioh 2?
The first one only took them a decade.
Still I hope they don't rush and instead make it the best they can. It's very truthfully the only big release I'm looking forward to that isn't just a localization.

it's announced for this year?

no fucking way, we've seen nothing new since announcement
2020 at the earliest

bet we're getting it fall 2020 or early 2021.

what was your favorite stage?
spider nest castle and the iga escape were fucking kino

still waiting on the surge 2

you're right, fuck

ocean roars again was the most kino level in the entire game

only thing that came close after that was the demon king castle

Why did you waste your time?

Those are probably mine as well and the sunken temple level with Umi-bozu. FUCK Sawayama castle though, the level wasn't hard, just annoying as shit.

Git gud, this game isn't meant to be approached like Souls in any respect. Approach it like DMC if anything, focus all your time on toying with all the mechanics to learn and see what you can come up with. Use Ki Pulse and stance switching at every opportunity and never take anything for granted.

Because the game was kicking my ass and I wasn't taking any of it's shit.

think of it more as a Ninja Gaiden RPG
utilize the meme mechanics and play like a trve ninja
it priorities 60fps for a reason

The first boss is like a born again Onryoki in terms of forcing you to pay attention and testing your mastery of the fundamentals. A lot of people get scared off by him because of that. Overall the DLC does ramp up more as it continues directly from the end of the game and expects that of you.

How did you manage to stomach that shit game until the end?

Can't remember how much harder but the new enemies are gonna fuck your cockhole if you aren't careful. Break them and you'll be fine.

Tips for the two kings? I'm getting my ass stomped again.

Are you looking forward to sekiro?

Yeah, I can't wait for it especially after playing this.

are you going to miss Wirriam?
the idea of getting to devil trigger into yokai sounds very interesting though

in a way, Nioh succeeds where NG3 failed because of the incessant use of meme mechanics
NG3 was full of them and bogged down the pvre experience that game is supposed to convey
but with Nioh, you have a much longer exploration campaign and a differently structured combat system that allow for these more bizarre features to be fleshed out

it's weird but they finally found their footing again with at least one IP

>DT into Yokai

Wut

I'll miss him and the end scene with Hanzo trying to speak with him in Engrish was fucking hilarious.

William was hardly even a character so why would I care

>I'm going to get my shit pushed in again, aren't I?
NG+ isn't too bad until Mitsunari imo.

That's like the next level of boss gatekeeping. I'm of the opinion that a lot of the bosses (early bosses anyways) force you to learn new things about the game and its mechanics whether that's combat, movement, the use in skills and onmyo and so on. Mitsunari was such a monster in NG+ that he truly puts your skills to the test and even hones them. He prepares you for what to expect in end game of NG+ and beyond.

according to the devs of Nioh, in the sequal, you can become a yokai. its probably gonna be like dark souls where an item turns you into that dragon form, but i guess thats better than nothing.

Way of the Nioh bros, where you at? Post your current savedata.
>Done everything
>Max level
>Max bonus attributes
>One hits almost everything on hardest difficulty
>Kusarigama is a fun weapon

Team Ninja's original version of Nioh that was in development for the PS3 from 2009-11 basically had a Devil Trigger ripoff that'd turn William into a Nio, so it's probably just recycling that concept.

>one hit everything
how?

i did a run with a guy on wotw against the ice cunt, he aggro'd her the whole time and blocked all of her attacks so that i can hit and kill her. at some point, her attacks were dealing 0 damage to him. wtf was he? he used a katana by the way

Whoops, forgot the image.

Attached: 6.jpg (640x426, 63K)

I found it better focusing on Muneshige first, but always watch for Tadakatsu and keep him at a safe distance. His backdash iai slash (the one you have on LW) is a free headshot on whiff.

Not even my build gets 0 damage from enemies so i've no idea, what system did you play on? If PC, it was probably a cheater with OP defense.
As for my OHKO, I have painstakingly upgraded my weapons with +grade to the best of my abilities and Ethereal abilities that ups my base damage alot together with LW buffs.

you can one hit everything if you got gear from abyss probably.
Never got to that point, quit at lvl 300 something, got bored immensely

Oh right, and my armor set too. It has similar skills equipped and upgraded to A-S rank.

There's a few effects that nullify the next attack after certain actions, for example Enku gives you it on dash attack. There's also a talisman that acts as a shield, and Fox has a chance to nullify elemental damage.

That looks pretty fucking sweet, I'm getting Asura vibes.

What is LW? I keep seeing it in Nioh threads.

Living weapon. You know, Super Saiyan mode.