OFP and Arma 2 are to Arma 3 what Halo 1 and 2 (and to a lesser extent 3) are to Halo Reach and beyond...

OFP and Arma 2 are to Arma 3 what Halo 1 and 2 (and to a lesser extent 3) are to Halo Reach and beyond. While the later games might be more technically impressive in a few ways, the earlier games have more soul and care put into them.

Attached: Arma.jpg (3826x1474, 1.17M)

its not just soul, ArmA 3's content was extremely lackluster compared to A2's cus the devs went the "lol da modders just gonna make it for us!" way
and then they didnt judging by how dead the scenario/campaign section is for A3 on Armaholic

There are lots of scenarios on the Workshop though.

>faggot OP talking out of his ass again for replies

every stream of arma3 i've seen is just some fucked up shit that isnt a milsim.

I then downloaded it and it's average as fuck.

and how much of it is actually high quality and not bottom of the barrel shit made in 3 seconds?

Tons of it you fucking retard.

ARMA has always had a fucking incredible modding community, 3 is no exception and OP is a gigantic faggot.

they actually did since it's the only game of its kind

too bad you're forced to play it since everyone moved to 3

B R O M A
R
O
M
A

I'm not quite sure what it is either. A3 is definitely more feature complete and optimized but A2 just felt better to play. I think it's just a nostalgia thing for when A2 was just a tiny niche community of tacticool autists and not a twitch audience who came to the game for KOTH and altis life

MURSHUN
U
R
S
H
U
N

Arma 3 is way better then Arma 2 though, better graphics, better mods, better realism, better controls, better gamemodes (including Zeus), and WAY better optimization.
I'd rather play a game that looks good instead of playing a game that looks like it was put together by a 10 year old, whos favorite color is different shades of dark green.

>reddit spacing
>cites no examples
bet you enjoy paying for DLC that gives dick all just so you could get rid of the watermarks lmao

Friendly reminder that if you play in third person you're a cheater.

A2 was just more simple and I think the mods were better too.

Arma 3 is just different shades of tan. The only thing it has over 2 is Zeus and that's just a crutch for people that can't make real missions.

>Arma 3 is just different shades of tan
Yeah but theres no fucking grey filter over everything that looks ugly as fuck, so the colors pop more, which you know they kinda do in real life.

>Zeus is a crutch for people that can't make real missions
Zeus is a tool used to create a fun, interactive narrative with whatever playerbase your apart of. It allows quick and easy changing of missions on the fly and is generally regarded as the best thing Arma's put out because now you don't need to create a scenario that has a 40% chance of breaking and being unplayable, and now you can actually change and adjust difficulty on the fly, instead of making a mission too hard and annoying, or too easy and short.
This was literally always a problem with Arma games, is that communities have a tight net of autists making scenarios, but nobody else can make them because they either make them too easy or too hard which further perpetuates the idea that the autists should be the only ones allowed to make missions.

Zeus is nice as a gamemaster equivalent, or just using as a means to test various weapons/vehicles

Why in every arma thread there is a faggot that complains about KOTH? It's a really good pvp game mode. Only issue is that I would love to have bases moved back about 2km, had actual fortifications and no safe zone.
If you are bad at shooting don't play.

ArmA 3 modding is dead, especially when everyone decided to make their own DayZ spin off only to move to UE4.

>tfw no one ever remade fireball and pogomans insurgency for Arma 3 and the original pbo is gone

i just looked up my stats for the 2 servers i frequent and i have a score of over 90,000 with just under 1000 hours.

can we have a moment of silence for all those bots who never got to see their loved ones again.

Attached: 1535592607229.gif (320x180, 3.28M)

Reread the post you insecure baby.

>why do people complain about the gamemode that turns a tactical game into battlefield where everyone except a couple of friends run around like disjointed chickens?
this is your mind on zoom, everybody

Yeah exactly it's a crutch. How can you expect someone to make a good Zeus mission if they don't know how to make a balanced premade mission anyway. "Hmm I think I'll spawn units around the corner now" is not balance. There's also an amount of detail even the best Zeus can't replicate vs a premade mission because they just don't have the time to get that granular. I've seen players also blame the Zeus for dying. Like they were cheated or something. There are always pissants that will blame things other than themselves though.

The best missions are a fusion of premade + the mission maker Zeusing to make sure things go well although with a well designed mission it should. It's kind of a hassle to do that though since the mission maker needs to be present for that and they don't get to play their own mission. They already know it front to back and can never be surprised by it anyway. The burden of mission making.

Anyone can make a mission if your group has someone that has streamlined it with a template. They should want to do this since it's boring playing your own missions and the only satisfaction comes from other people playing them.

>playing koth
>flying a huron to the objective
>get shot down by the tracing rocket launcher.
>flying to the objective in a hummingbird
>get shot down by the tracing rocket launcher
>driving to the objective in a hunter
>get demolished by road campers with the tracking rocket launcher

I can read, you are implying that popularity of KOTH is an issue
Does it take away your ability to play other game modes?
>-
Anyways, reason I like koth is that it's really the only game mode that allows me to fly transport helis all match long and still be useful. I very rarely play infantry or armor.

Whoever started this soul/soulless meaningless buzzword needs to jump off a fucking cliff

why not just fly lower?

>fly a little low
>touch a tree
>explode
>touch a power line
>explode
>try to land
>explode

>Fly low
>Don't fly to AO but land in cover
>mark ambushes on map
>COMMUNICATE WITH TEAM
And if less than 10 players on team are using mic - switch team and let them eat glue in the corner

>go in between the trees
>go underneath the power lines
???
>explode while landing
u suck

"Gets shot up by a navid"
>Nothing personal kiddo