Why is nobody talking about this dope ass hotline Miami clone?

Why is nobody talking about this dope ass hotline Miami clone?
Ape out rules

Attached: ee4fe70539cd5ec011a62457debd6b89b8be35cf.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

Visual style looks weird. If you're gonna clone HM at least make it look good

Because once you've played it for five minutes, you've seen all it has to offer.

I made a thread like this when it came out. It's a pretty bitchin' game. Really dig the jazz and aesthetics. Gameplay is super fluid and the levels are mostly good. Only gripe is that some enemies kill you way too fast, random generation of contents within the frame of the level is sometimes very bad or too easy. Sometimes you end up in an open space with like 8 enemies.
The game definitely slaps. I wish there was more content to it. Would be cool to have skins or something. I imagined I was playing as DK because that's my main in Smash.

It fits with the jazz drums really well. And the way the blood and gore splash like paint while procedurally generating a drum solo is really neat

I tried to talk about this last week and no one gave a fuck. I've been playing a little every night on Switch and it's a ton of fun. It has a great sense of style and the jazz drum soundtrack that ramps up the more you kill is really fitting.

Saw this game at SXSW a year or two ago, was pretty rad

Much like hotline Miami.
It's all about the gameplay loop

I have been playing on switch as well. It works great for a handheld game, playing a couple of runs as you are out and about

I'm waiting for the GOTY edition with the expansion pack Chimp Out.

Vapid and shallow.

The first "album" of levels has the best music. The second has the most fun levels. The third is kind of a pain in the ass with all the flamethrower guys. Still stuck on that one so far.

Care to explain or are you just going to throw out buzzwords about a game that you didn't play?

>shill
think hotline miami but take out all the weapons, simplify the gameplay (even more, somehow), and add some dynamic music.
15 minutes was all I needed, refunded and listening to the soundtrack on youtube.

>more buzzwords
And there are no weapons, there are enemy types that you can grapple. Try again, dummy.

>Visual style looks weird
I believe the term is low effort indie trash, it's an exclusive feature of Devolver Digital titles.

The lack of bespoke levels kind of limits it's potential, and it doesn't feel tight enough to warrant going back through for the sake of challenge. You are pretty much entirely at the whim of the procedural generation and because of the weird physics it's really easy to whiff punch attacks which is frustrating as fuck on hard. The mechanics aren't good and there are only two of them. The presentation is really cool, but it's a shit game.

>procedural generation
And fucking dropped.

So the devs were too lazy to come up with new gameplay, levels or decent art?

The enemy types really don't provide meaningful variety.

I would not go so far as to call it a shit game, but you have some valid points. For the price though, it is completely worth what they are asking as a 3man indie game.

The zoo level at the end was the only one that felt well realized. The other levels were kind of boring. Needed more interesting mechanics like breaking bears out of cages to help you fuck people up.

One trick pony.
At least Hotline Miami has different tactics involved in killing and disarming your opponents. This one just has Grab and Throw. Sure you can do some variation with the different enemy types, but that's about it.
The artstyle is all it has going for it.

Hotline Harambe ft. the Birdman soundtrack

not an argument. I made my peace. this game is repetitive garbage. the stages scarcely offer any new challenge except for 'the maps are a little wider' or 'area denial via snipers' or 'go left instead'

That's literally all the variety. It's insulting and cheap, as if it were designed by a robot trying to make a game for idiots.

>Hotline Miami clone
You mean Tapan Kaikki clone.

I don't know man, Hotline Miami is a more robust experience that can be found a lot cheaper. I appreciate what they tried with this but I really don't think it comes together well.

basically this
HM had something beside "twitch friendly" pixel nonsense

Attached: 1551819766723m.jpg (1024x576, 86K)

Why is everything Devolver publishes so cool looking but completely half assed in the gameplay department

Because it's easier to market, and marketing is what sells game.

Devolver is nothing but small time AAA publisher using the same scummy marketing tactics.

>Ape Out
Set in Detroit?

AAA mentality with shoestring indie budget developers while trying to hide behind the style over substance, "games are art" bullshit.
They are doing a pretty kick ass job at manipulating idiots for profit though.

Sad but true

Adult Swim is better at what Devolver tries to do at least in terms of actual quality