Why are isometric RPGs always the best RPGs?

Why are isometric RPGs always the best RPGs?

Attached: 2808311-11.jpg (1920x1080, 574K)

WHERE'S THE EXPANSION STYG?

>Deus Ex
>VTMB
>KOTOR
>New Vegas

Nah, there are lots of great RPG's that aren't isometric.

that's, like, just your opinion, dude.

who /.44 hammerer/ here

3D ones are too expensive to make and easily fucked up with mismanagement, VTMB is a good example.
They are risky due to no guarantee of returning the invested money back so publishers force devs to play it safe and pander to casuals.
2D ones can be made by a single dude with very little funds and risks allowing him to go wild with no restrictions.

Attached: Psi crit.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

>What is Unity

only one of those is good

>Ahem!

Attached: 1547052265813.jpg (400x400, 108K)

An engine.
Your point?

Jagged Alliance 2 is one of my favorite games and I've given up hope for a spiritual successor. All the shit games that have been pumped out using the name is depressing.

what game is this? underrail?

make 3d game cheap

Have you tried 7.62 HC?

Yes

Attached: E6 2014-03-12 17-32-27-29.jpg (1920x1080, 848K)

None are good. The Witcher is better than all of them.

tell me about atom rpg

it's unfinished

You do understand that you still need coders, 3D artists, animatiors etc?
Unless you mean slapping together store assets like the scammers do, which doesn't result in a good game.

2d games need those things too

No, Underrail was pretty much done by a single dude, with a little help from some others.
Even the UI icons were hand drawn by him.
2D games are much easier to produce, there's no room for debate.

>done by a single dude
>a little help from others

this is silly. it's a matter of how much time it takes. the amount of effort involved in making 3d games seems to be going down a bunch

He comissioned an OST and some work on the spites and tiles. That's pretty much it.
Please educate yourself about game production, listen to some podcasts with professional developers, I did and it helped me understand just how much it takes to produce something worthwhile.

I'm too educated to listen to podcasts

Is this you?

Attached: eva.jpg (283x304, 19K)

play it or wait

Because they have nothing else to sell themselves over BUT the roleplaying, so they may as well expand on it as much as possible. Usually they are still garbage though, and barely involve any role playing at all so much as meme options with "personalities" and bad endings.

post 20 garbage isometric rpgs

PoE (and any sequels), Shadowrun and expansions, Underrail, Divinity, Tyranny, Wasteland, Quest Hunter, Icewind Dale and Torment games (Planescape at least gets points for being unique so skipping that.), Book of Demons, Black Geyser, pretty much every Diablo and Diablo-clone after the original one.

do you know what isometric means

Do you?

not well enough to define it on an anonymous videogames message board. pillars of eternity and tyranny are 3d

What kind of game is this?

Attached: no they are not.jpg (1142x54, 41K)

the models are 3d and the maps have height I think

Because they don't have to worry about stupid shit like voice actors or gameplay

Slav Jagged Allience

That has nothing to do with anything, user. There is no category separation on that basis.

fine I'll kill myself, but you'd better know what you're talking about

No stop, I was joking! TW3 is not isometric, you were right mate.

how bad was torment numenera