Growing up poor: Yea Forums edition

Any of you guys here grew up poor?

I did, it sucked. I always had maybe one console at a time, with only maybe five games at any given time. If I wanted newer games or consoles, I'd be forced to sell what I currently own, so I never built a collection. Emulation was my friend, but I had a shitty PC so anything beyond N64/PSX was out of the question for me. I'm in my 20s now and still poor, but at least I can buy the occasional game since I have a job.

I'd be lying though if I still wasn't bitter about my more well-off friends. I still can't afford a Switch or a decent gaming PC yet.

Attached: 8N9TS.jpg (767x889, 187K)

the nintendo dude always gets me

You can see in my collection when I got a job.
>SNES/n64
Relied on parents
>3DS
Bought myself

Attached: 01394A09-AF5E-4956-8B7F-4D60E2C24B43.jpg (2900x2641, 1.88M)

That set-up is pretty much how my room was from 10-12 years old. Shitty ass CRT on the floor, gamecube and other consoles as well.

no I had gen 6 and all gen 7 consoles

I never had any actual console growing up except bootleg NES one.

>the nintendo dude

Attached: tape.jpg (1277x715, 172K)

iktf
I have like 20 switch games. I think I owned maybe 12 DS games over the console's life

Same here join the yang gang

have you considered getting a 2ds/3ds?
it's easy to hack it and get a bunch of really good games imo

>regularly went hungry
>mum always managed to have enough money for cigarettes though
I wonder what its like having grown up happy.

The Ps2 was that perfect era where parents supplied food and a home and my income from part time work went 100% to games.

Attached: 02385AC9-A244-42BB-B825-C4FB1140565E.jpg (4032x3024, 3.65M)

Already have a 3DS and a decent amount of games for it.

I'm from Chile, but always had a decent PC and at least a current gen console, the trick was that I fucking pirated everything so played tons of videogames all the time.

I'm jealous, the PS2 is probably one of my favorite consoles and by the time I got my first decent part-time job we were well into the PS3/360/Wii cycle.

Why didn't you buy a modded console?

Shouldn't you put G.U after the originals?

I was always a console generation behind because we couldn't afford new games. Right now is the first time I have been current and idort with a ps4 and a switch.

AbcdefGhI

Although they are in the same universe I don’t consider it a sequel.

Mi amigo chileno, It's obviously an anglo only thread.

I fucking hated having smoker parents growing up. My mom only recently stopped smoking, but my dad still smokes his nigger Winston brand in the basement, which happens to be directly under my room. I can pretty much tell whenever he's home by the fucking fumes wafting up.

You can defiantly see that the PS3/Wii/360 era was when i moved out and had new financial responsibilities

Attached: 28D06767-8811-4E18-9121-52F7CC847FB8.jpg (1574x2100, 864K)

I went from completely average to literally eating waste doughnuts from the bakery below us in a dripping flat to a small mansion to a fucking mobile home.

The weird thing is I have absolutely no bad memories of being broke. I was well sheltered from the reality by my mother and ignorance. I played a game in my head that essentially equates out to bad fanfiction for fun, played cards, read old books. My first console was a playstation in 2000 and it fucking blew my mind.

Being rich was nice, but not for the tremendous strife it came with. Being poor again was hell, but it was better than being rich and seeing your mother sad.

Attached: INFINITE_POSSIBILITIES_AND_DOGSHIT.jpg (640x480, 324K)

I was always a console gen behind growing up. I remember still playing snes games while the GC/og Xbox/ps2 were gaining steam

My father wasnt in the picture but my mom worked really hard to provide so I kinda understood that new gen stuff wasnt in the picture

Attached: 1501563957916.png (706x540, 598K)

>that feel staying up all night with a friend playing Timesplitters 2

I don't necessarily mind smokers, but letting your kids go hungry so you can feed your worthless addictions should be punishable with death.

How did you go from poverty, to rich, to lower class? Did your Mom get divorced? Family business went under?

Well I just assumed that being Chilean immediately meant being poor. Never knew someone who had more than 5 games.

Lottery winner is a possibility

I had a friend who’s parents won 50million and went from boarded up window home to a mansion back to a homeless shelter after they wasted it all.

Divorce then married a solicitor with family money, then a really messy divorce and then business collapse, then married a banker but I was out by then.

A lot of these poor lotto winners don't really understand that expensive properties usually come with proportionate taxes and maintenance.

If I won the lottery (I guess I’d have to play it to win) I’d buy a very modest house, a very modest car and then travel and study.

I'd just buy a cheap condo and live off the interest. Even after taxes, the annual payout on 50m would be like 900k. I'd just work out, play games, hit up bars, live the life.

Yep, grew up poor, had an N64 with maybe 2-3 games on it that I owned and pretty much rented everything. After that it was pretty much WoW and PC gaming exclusively once I got a job.

I couldn’t do a condo, I’d have to live close to my family and they live in the back woods of TN.