Remember me?

Attached: poop poop.png (841x485, 436K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qHer-rGfTco
youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nobody cares about that old crap, grandpa

it's actually impressive how quickly it was forgotten

Yes. I miss comfy threads, kinda wish it won the pointless goty award so shitposting threads would be about it instead of a mediocre game.

I heard there's a shitload of input delay in this game due to how long animations are. Is this true?

Still haven't touched online yet, but I'm still playing.

It's tough.

Attached: arthur sad.gif (540x300, 2.84M)

Yeah, it's not infuriating bad and it is at least consistent, so you'll either adjust and get over it or be frustrated from start to finish. People say he moves like a tank but I think it's much more nuanced than that.

>20 billion dollaridos budget
>can't make decent controls
rocktards will defend this

Attached: 1528738265800.jpg (400x386, 25K)

It has the input delay like most rockstar games. It feels like they wanted to make movement have a sense of weight and consequence behind it. I personally like it but I see how you might absolutely hate it.

The game controls fine, the control scheme on the other hand leaves a bit to be desired, but again if you're not a spud you'll quickly get used to it.

In the end the game was boring, it was a naughty dog game but open world.
Rdr1 is still fun to play even with its dated animations, graphics, and more "arcadey" gameplay and controls. Rockstar is showing their lack of criticism through out the years, they always get showered with praise and very little negative feedback, so they think they are always doing everything right, and since they release games so far apart, they never get to stretch those developer muscles and evolve their games, that's why most missions in 2 are go to area, do what the mission tells you, something goes wrong, shoot out, everyone split up and lay low, and repeat ad nauseum, throw in some unnecessary micro managing-micro managements and you got a recipe for snail pace gameplay that's not fun.
But people love to brush it off with "go play Cod or fortnite if you want a faster game" and enable Rockstar.

In my opinion I thought the game was fun though, you might have found it unfun but that's just your opinion.

There's always animation delay, but the 'imput delay' that gets thrown around is usually about how long it takes your character to turn from right to left but if you hold the run button it basically cuts the animation time in half.

+ :Great graphics and sound, decent enough story, amazing voice acting and neat world building with a ton of detail and customization

- : Awful shooting and melee combat, bare-bones quest design relying too heavily on waypoints, side-quest stories often doesn't live up to main story in terms of quality, still quite buggy

its not that impressive how quicky people stoped talking about RDR2 if you played it. sure was pretty but the gameplay was garbage, impossible to derive joy from it

People say this about literally every big game that is released on here

>Awful shooting and melee combat
You should actually spend some time getting into fights, there are actually a lot of hidden actions you can do which are never explained or mentioned at all, and with the lack of melee combat in missions you'd never find them either.

>rdr1
>"arcadey" gameplay
Holy shit you're retarded

Because the story had absolutely no soul

As much as you may wish it was, it isn't. You can go jerk yourself off to gay twink fuccboi simulator 2017, aka breath of the wild.

Honestly this game was so fucking boring, shame as the map and graphics were amazing.

RENT

I don't think I'll ever forget you desu. Unironically game of the generation along with Nier.

This. The technology behind it was good but the actual plot was retarded.

Valentine... Home...

This game lost all it's appeal and charm once i had explored the whole map.

Once the map was no longer mysterious I just straight dropped it. The most enjoyable parts were exploring and discovering the world for the first time.

Attached: x2alg6hh80t11.jpg?width=758&auto=webp&s=30ddf5d8262057b57e7a9fccde01da387267ca9d.jpg (758x767, 110K)

>the largest map yet
is this guy stupid? even rockstar said it wasnt their biggest map

single player was so shit
they added music, story, good voice acting but they forgot to add good gameplay , every fucking mission was linear as fuck they were all fuckign the same because rockstar decided that a linear mission was better than letting the player decide how to tackle the missions on their own

>it doesn't get talked as much on Yea Forums so the whole world forgot it!

Beyond wrapping up stranger missions there's no end-game content. RDR1 at least had constantly repeating bounties. Its mission linearity also hurts the replay value.

Attached: 1547236916931.gif (220x167, 339K)

And yet Rockstar tried to shill this to hell and back for the Game Awards. The fact that it won for the best OST over Ni No Kuni II is beyond disgusting.

FREE

I remember when I used to get this hyped for games.
What baffles me is most people I see like this nowadays are WAY overhyped just like this guy and somehow they are still satisfied with the game no matter how good it is.

I remember every time I'd get myself this hyped for a game I would just set myself up for disappointment (with a few exceptions like Twisted Metal: Black, GTA:SA and Halo 2)

There's bad opinions then there's this guy

God why are they like this?

>rockstar decided that a linear mission was better than letting the player decide how to tackle the missions on their own
Because it is lol

Not that user, but I've seen no memes about it. All of my friends that played it never talked about it or went back to it. I was expecting something when the online came out.

rdr2 is in a way like a leone film, not the western ones, but once upon a time in america. it is a great experience and a long ride. it's not something you want to repeat over and over (as videogames tend to do). more something you sit back and enjoy a couple of years from now

Attached: clintnod.gif (500x225, 701K)

Boring games tend to be like that

I still haven't finished the SP. I'm a graduate student and it's hard to find the time. I'm almost done with Chapter 4.

I know, right? I'm fucked. At this pace I should be done in time for RDR4.

Yes, and it was great. Studio has made $1 billion+ and core dev team has moved on to next project. Meanwhile Forumwarrior games like Souls shit and BotW desperately need continuous dork discussions in order to find success years down the line.

I'm still playing this and having a blast. Third full playthrough and I spent yesterday just doing some challenges, taking in the game world and loving the atmosphere.

Attached: 1548277564767.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

Attached: 1543127645840.jpg (800x800, 321K)

Attached: 1550162435432.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

I really want them to make DLC for the game

Attached: 1550164411278.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

Online is pointless, all there is to do is farm arena battles against other players to buy clothes

Thank you
You were a good girl ;_;

Attached: artddy.jpg (765x900, 59K)

I'm kind of jealous of you for taking your time with it. I rushed through everything and got 100% on my first playthrough under a month, while my second playthough has taken about 3 months now and I've just finished Chapter 4. It works so much better as a slow burn game.

Attached: Red-Dead-Redemption-2_20190310203741.png (2560x1440, 2.28M)

I still play it before sleeping
It's such a great feeling to go hunting and roaming around camp, or going on hikes

I really hate how you lose ALL your horses in the finale, not just the one that croaks from under you

The constantly repeating bounties or other types of repeatable quests would've been cool but it is what it is.

Attached: 1550154894759.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

Well I also wonder if it's depression/anxiety that keeps me from finishing games.

I don't have this problem with books. I read over 30 a year. But it's hard for me to finish a fucking video game. Has been for a long time now. I'm 29, btw.

>tfw you're afraid

Attached: G2WG7ir.jpg (1920x1080, 113K)

Attached: artjustme.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 released in December 2017, so it was up for nominations, but got shafted, like it always happen to games coming late in the year. It should have won best OST. Or its expansion if that qualify. Stand Unshaken is the only truly standout song in the whole RDR2 soundtrack.

>Yea Forums isn't making dumbass bait threads with it every day so it's forgotten
Every fucking game with you retards these days.

Kingdom Hearts 3 seriously killed a lot of the hype I have for future games. I still held hype for DMC5 somehow and it actually met my hype expectations for once. I was hyped for MK11 just a bit, until I saw that leaked roster which made me reconsider ever buying MK11 at all.

So at this point I'm only hyped for two games:

Fight knight
Doom:Eternal

Literally all major games stop getting talked about after the first few months except Nintendo trash because it's a fucking cult of autists that never stfu.

Same thing happened with GTAV, nobody cared about it again until Rockstar finally made the online playable.

I still think I prefer chapter 6 over the others

youtube.com/watch?v=qHer-rGfTco

is the prospect of a pc port dead?

>if you put your headphones on while arthurs sleeping, you can hear him cry in his sleep while masturbating
Woah, a little too realistic rockstar!

>forgotten
>still making this threads
this was cool movie but you can stop now

It's actually impressive it wasn't forgotten during the first week.

Arthur takes his time to turn around if you don't hurry him by tapping A, yes. Think of it this way, the people who hate this game think you have to press too many buttons to play it

Not impressive, considering PS4 players had better games they could move on to after realizing that RDR2 was boring.

Whats is exceedingly impressive is how nintendies continue to shill BoTW despite it also being just as boring as RDR2 due to nintendies having no other good games to play in the YEARS since its release.

Because it wasn't very good. People still talk about BotW on the other hand to this day.

The musics in RDR2 are more than just the songs, the different music tracks accompany the different missions near perfectly like the track that plays when the gang rides to the Braithwaite Manor. Listening to a lot of the tracks just in their own is one thing but how they function together with the missions, that's the real treat.

Attached: 1550157829219.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

The game is good but it has absolutely no replay value, since there's only 1 way to do missions there's no incentive to replay it.
What's worse is you have to play as fucking John in the post game, removing my desire to even play it a little bit to roam around in cool outfits and hunt.

Attached: 1358962099590.jpg (319x480, 140K)

>PS4 players had better games they could move on to after realizing that RDR2 was boring
for example?

Go into settings, change the controls to “Standard FPS” and turn on toggle for running. Then I always turn auto aiming off and use free aim. That fixes a lot of problems.

we took monster hunter from nintendies for one.

>no replay value
>no incentive to play it

This is seriously the most retarded opinion holy fuck.

The replay value is in the seemingly endless amounts of side content and things to discover you morons. There's no way you can find everything there is to do in this game in your first playthrough. Most people probably barely even experienced half of what RDR2 had to offer in their first time playing through the story.

Curious if you form the same kind of emotional bond you do with books the same with video games. I'm not fond of books, I tend to read them too quickly and not ponder on them for too long so I don't read many. I don't play many video games either but the ones I do I usually tend to get sucked in to if they're immersive enough or have a good story.

>autistic children and weebs on Yea Forums and some other forums still talk about BotW

I guarantee you that in the real world, normal people are still playing and talking about RDR2 more than your kiddie games.

but that is also on Xbone and PC

The various side missions aren't interesting enough to warrant playing throught the fourty year long intro.
I also don't find fucking around in the wilderness fun enough to play it again either, but maybe that's just me.

Attached: he mad son.png (464x332, 279K)

Not really. The people who play shit games like RDR2 play them for a week or two after launch and then drop them for the next shit AAA game.

They really could've done with a bit more missions where you have more player agency. I mean sure, if you played RDR1 you did not have much choice either but almost all RDR2 missions tether the player to NPCs pretty tightly which in turns means you have to follow them really closely to not break the scripting and thus break the mission. I know it was tempting for them to play with the movie like storytelling but every now and then they could've put in a few solo missions where you get to have some agency in how you do it.

Attached: 1550180132817.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

irrelevant to the point im making. we're not talking about whether xbone and pc have games. we're talking about how ps4 has more games than nintendo.

Remember that GTA V went a year and a half without any form of PC announcement. I would be very surprised if RDR2 doesn't get a PC release, that would be Take Two leaving money on the table which we all know isn't going to happen.

My nigga. XB2 deserves best music for sure.

>ps4 has more games than nintendo
obsessed

>game unequips your rifle without warning or consent again

Why? No, why?

It feels SO fucking good to finally learn from my past mistakes. I used to buy the console version of Rockstar games because they implied they'd never come to PC. They basically always did and I got fucked to double dip. But not this time. I held firm while the hype was at its maximum and you know what? I pretty much forgot this game even existed. That's good because based on everything I saw, it's actually hot garbage. If it ever comes to PC I'll wait for a sale. Don't need it Rockstar, but you need my money. Your move.

Just make a mental note to check your weapons when you get off your horse. If you're doing missions don't bother, just roll with what they give you.

Find one game that is generally not forgiven except in a few niche communities. For instance, NieR Automata is only still talked about on here but if you were on a different communities you would get the sense thats its completely forgotten.

This talks about the current age and it is true for any media and event.

We're reaching shill levels that shouldn't even be possible

Attached: 1549205800899.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

impressive tech demo
mediocre game

>traveling in the middle of the night in the pale moonlight
>try to make a save
>saving is disabled
>see silhouettes of riders in the distance
Love how the game sets up kino moments like this organically. The story missions have room for improvement byt the open world is great

Attached: 1544559385033.png (771x1035, 832K)

>traveling in the middle of the night in the pale moonlight
yes

Attached: artghosttrain.jpg (1600x900, 121K)

REmake still being talked about. DMC5 will also still be talked about.

Oh man GTA SA was the one game I got hyped for. I used to tell all my friends about it but if I remember correctly, none had the PS2. I brought magazines at school and shit. Wasn't disappointed indeed. I remember kids getting hyped about H2 around the same time but I didnt have an Xbox.

Dumping my few webms. General's gone and buried and I'm probably never going to touch this game for another couple years

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181130164451_1.webm (300x168, 1.88M)

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181125124348.webm (1050x590, 1.84M)

>impressive tech demo
>shitty guns/scopes
>idiot horse
>have to walk everywhere you go
>spend 20 hours recovering your honor for 10 seconds of dicking around
IDK nothing about the game would have been good as just a tech demo either. Breath of the Empty is more of an example of a good tech demo.

Well this is a image sharing board for weeaboo baka gaijin filth so that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Know your userbase

Because Witcher 3 was the last good AAA.
other than that, non-triple A is pretty okay like all the indie games on PC.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181203225247.webm (800x450, 2.28M)

is this real? whereabouts did you find this? don't give me a wiki link, i don't want to know too much

Everyone has that one game that killed their hype forever. For me it was Mirror's Edge Catalyst. If Bannerlord comes out and it's hot dogshit I literally wouldn't even care or be surprised, I'll just wait for more games.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190301052940.webm (900x506, 1.68M)

Attached: ghost.jpg (800x450, 86K)

>Witcher 3 is good

Attached: 2008120819051737_lyndon_johnson_3x4.jpg (918x1288, 167K)

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181201151048.webm (800x450, 1.87M)

>tfw i can't bring myself to finish the last few missions as Jim Milton

sooner or later, but i know once i'm done i'll lose the will to continue at all. not much left to do but hunt and look for dino bones/carvings/etc.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181114173000_1.png (1920x1080, 3.43M)

The multiplayer was dead on arrival, Rockstar must be kicking themselves over that.

thanks, partner. i'll look into it next time i play

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181205143225.webm (1000x562, 2.44M)

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181207034742.webm (800x450, 2.7M)

>Reddit screencap
Kill yourself

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190107232713.webm (960x540, 1.96M)

The melee animations were impressive but that finishing stab was uncharacteristically stiff.

Welcome to every single PS4 exclusive. Huge deal about it pre-release, then absolutely nothing a month in.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190105151021.webm (950x534, 2.51M)

B-but were in a thread talking about it

RDR2 isn't even a PS4 exclusive

Hydropolis theme is my shit

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181202035152.webm (1100x618, 2.68M)

RDR2 saw daily discussion until February though. That's 5 months. RE2 discussion is already dying out 1 month after release lol.

People talked about GTAV for years though.

there is no point talking about story
the gameplay is an old formular
online is neither fun or alive

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181228115949_1.webm (950x534, 2.78M)

Ask after the inevitable gen 9 remaster.

The ragdolls in RDR2 are hilarious

Ass creed odyssey unironically had a better story than RDR2, and was more fun. It's a shame because rockstar fucked up the most anticipated game since GTA 5 and made it fucking boring.

Yeah, I was thinking about this too recently. A drop off almost as bad as whatsherface potatomanface ginger.

Attached: deadringer.webm (1920x1080, 2.77M)

That's why only normies use ps4 exclusively
Gaming for like 20-40 hours every 6 months is plenty of gaming time for them

Attached: P O K E R.webm (1920x1080, 2.78M)

Attached: youfail.webm (1280x720, 2.35M)

This is why I wound the bears and then just wait and/or kick them. Fuck those faggots.

>you attacked your horse
Wut?

This was my bro for Atlas. He was over the moon since the first trailer and expectations were exploded by what that one developer made the game out to be.

Come the final delay to launch when he logged in he could only choose servers that spawned him in the middle of the ocean and everytime he made it to land he was about to run out of stamina and die. I joined him as well and got a different (albeit much more disappointing experience) of 5 fps with rollbacks happening every 3 seconds and visuals from the early 2000s alongside a bunch of people who left their games on spawned on top of eachother in sleeping animation.

Needless to say he learned the hard way to not trust bull videos.

Attached: -Witness teleports behind you-.webm (800x600, 2.94M)

HAVE SOME GOD! DAMN! FAITH!

He's lyyyyyyyyying!

Attached: Smug Micah.jpg (512x512, 46K)

>Enter mission with Repeater and shotgun
>Game switches them out for the first shitty repeater and a sniper rifle
>MFW

At least give me my good repeater, you fucking cowards.

Attached: Why Ambrose.jpg (288x499, 85K)

>Yea Forums: STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME ON HERE GO TO /vg/
>Yea Forums: wow it's amazing how no one talks about this game anymore

make up your minds fags

>mfw I have literally never had this problem because every mission lets you bring the horse so I can just switch out weapons like I do at any other time
feels good
only exception is the one where you get ambushed by cops in a barn

The thing I was perhaps the most overhyped abput in regards to RDR2 was the world simulation and NPC interactions. The game was promising so much but in the end it was ''just'' a very competently disguised set of scripted sequences which is alright but the previews were billing that shit as like world simulation and ''dynamic'' events and I'm like shiit nigger you didn't have to lie because the way the game is is fine but you got my hopes up a bit much so when I was expecting something revolutionary, even something as great as RDR2 is, it was a bit of a letdown despite all the great stuff in it.

Attached: 1548277028931.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

Pretty much sums up the online. Try to have fun, get shot by some faggot.

It's a Rockstar movie-game, what did you expect. The story is okay, and there are tons of insane details like horse balls and ears and fingers having light go through them, but the gameplay is pretty fucking boring and limiting.

They forgot to add "five seconds afterwards" in the headline.

>RE2 discussion is already dying out 1 month after release
>When there are daily threads about it

>pic related
>playing late at night so spooky AF
>shortly after ganked by a cougar with no warning

The game is a so fucking solid and filled with KINO atmosphere but clunky ass controls keep it from being perfect.

Attached: nLh3D1x.jpg (1200x675, 44K)

It was the mission near the end, where you provide overwatch for Sadie in Van Horn. Game sent my horse away in a cutscene, wouldn't let me whistle.

I wouldn't mind too much, but I love the shotguns in the game, and the basic repeater is so fucking ugly.

You been in the swamp at night yet user? That's where it gets real spooky.

Watch out for any crying women.

You mean the all the gaslighting that RDR 1 was somehow an all-time classic that was mega popular wasn't enough to give the massiv amount of shills away?

That's true, of course the tracks are meant to be experienced in context and do serves well their purpose as accompanying pieces. On the other hand, youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A

Did you consider it might simply be because the Nintendo games people keep talking about are better than most AAA games?

>Studio has made $1 billion+
You're aware that it costed Damm near 1 billion dollars just to make the game, right? All things considered, the profits weren't all that impressive.

See if they can save online before you say that. Rockstar fanboys are big enough dick suckers that they'll come running back with an expansion pack.

That's not true though. I've seen a webm with someones controller in it and it took a fuckton of time after pressing a button before the character even started the turning around animation

kek
>save online
it doesnt need saving, it's literally doing better than GTAO was at the same timeframe

Attached: 1549645824716.png (619x908, 383K)

>You're aware that it costed Damm near 1 billion dollars

Attached: 4d9.png (382x491, 124K)

>GTAO was at the same timeframe
Considering that GTAO was a contentless mess before the PS4/XBone/PC release and subsequent expansions in content that doesn't surprise me at all.

RDRO is also a contentless mess though. There's literally nothing to do.

Dark Souls 2 killed it for me

Why does my horse keep eating my guns and only leave me with my pistols when i get into a gunfight?

Well guess we'll just have to wait until PS5/Xbone2/PC release again, until then cockstar can just farm the whales.

Why does the map feel so small when I know for a fact it's pretty big? Why do I never get the sense of mystery and yearning to explore that I get in other open world games? The graphics and sound design is great, yet riding through a deep dark wood doesn't really feel like riding through a deep dark wood if that makes any sense. I think part of it is they decided to spawn NPCs all the time on literally every road and the other is that the core gameplay is pretty weak and there's really nothing that can threaten you. Couple this with the fact that you never seem to get anything special from going off the beaten path and I don't really see any reason to explore.

>Breaking news
>The controls work
I'm assuming that's the joke and I'm just being real dense here.

>lead horse to hitching post
>(Click B to hitch horse)
>Click B and I'm now holding up a guy at gunpoint who was near the hitching post
>Arthur tells horse to leave as I press (LB to peacefully defuse the situation)
>Press LB and instantly kill the guy and rob his corpse
>Town is screaming. The sheriff shows up
>(Click X to surrender and serve jail time)
>click X and Deadeye headshot the whole town
>Horse shows back up and arthur leaps on its back
>slam into the side of a barn and die because the max speed to die is achieved in one button tap
>come online and see drones actually defend the controls as perfect and old school even though Red Dead Redemption was smooth

Nah it's about all the TECHNOLOGY shit, like the horse going for a shit and having it's balls shrink in cold weather.

Weird, because this is the first game that really sold that feeling of riding through a deep dark forest for me.
>there's really nothing that can threaten you
This is one of the only free-roam games I've ever played where it feels like there's genuine danger lying in wait. Like, I can't imagine you thinking this after being ambushed by Lemoyne Raiders with a gatling gun.

I can re-read books a lot. Some of my favorites I've read at least 4 or 5 times. I find that hard to do with games.

Hell, the last game I played to completion may have been Sleeping Dogs. That's just weird to think about.

That would be the only thing and that only happened to me once in I don't know how many hours of play. Most other bandits are easily dealt with in 5 seconds. Predators that can ambush you can be threatening, but they seem pretty rare and usually doesn't attack the roads. I guess if there were more reason to travel off-road at night that could happen.

I think this game could've used some heavier survival mechanics and less dense population so putting up camp was something you actually had to do and not just a fun thing.

Same as every open world game.

Did they fix John's hair in this pic? He doesn't have his straight Arthur hair in the epilogue.

Attached: 1550043411438.gif (320x251, 2.18M)

Just like God of War

>mfw

that doesn't fix the character inertia that makes the game feel like you're trying to steer an obese, borderline retarded, drunkard.

Attached: tommy boy.jpg (630x891, 74K)

>playing in first person
>go hunting for the legendary panther
>get right in front of it with my rifle
>it disappears
>runs right at me
>shoot once
>cougars face on my screen fucking me up
>die

Attached: shit.png (671x611, 721K)