These guys are going to drop their massive load into your hobby in about a week

these guys are going to drop their massive load into your hobby in about a week
and with all the amount of dosh they have, they are going to change the industry forever, no matter what they have in mind
and that is why you need to be concerned: they shove their asses into whatever they want and either buy and shelve, or shove themselves in, like that stupid cousin that ruins everything
EA and Microsoft have already killed hundreds of legendary studios... and they a joke compared to this giant
you have been warned
it's over, bois

Attached: file.png (2480x1240, 345K)

But what if they make good games

Attached: 0D34BF40-EEEF-48E9-A7D1-85588208866D.jpg (498x499, 40K)

what games? do you think they want to make games? they just want to dominate another industry
they are just going to buy whoever they want, and transform the industry into whatever they want
telemetry in games (even more)
microtransactions up the wazoo

based devil's advocate Falco poster

If they can replace Sony for niche jap games that are not censored then I am for them coming into the market. Right now the one that needs to go the most is Sony followed by Steam

>they are just going to buy whoever they want, and transform the industry into whatever they want

Sony, Microsoft, EA and Zynga all tried that and failed. Apple sort of succeeded but the industry would have already gone to hell anyway. What is Google bringing to the table here that hasn't already been made? Either they make new, original and ultimately good games or they're just going to fail like everyone else has.

Attached: best crossovers.jpg (346x346, 18K)

first of all, they're an american company. just like microsoft, they're facing an uphill battle to get more than the most token mainstream japanese support.
second of all, it's google. they're sjw central. if you don't think they'll censor the crap out of every game, you're naive.

>Ouya stream box
DOA. Google can't into hardware, and everyone despises them in 2019.

why on earth do you think Google is going to make games, lads?
they are a platform business
they are like one hundred steams
they can get into game distribution in a couple of clicks, and compete with every other store, while having the install base of every android device...
it is not like google is going to make a new fortnite.... they are going to distribute every single shit ever like no big deal

Will they meddle with Pantsu Quest XVI or Okaa-san's Bed II? No? Then I don't care.
Buy and fuck all the western properties you want.

i have a backlog that lasts until retirement and then some. modern games are shit anyway

So exactly what Apple did with the iphone ten years ago. Google technically is already there with the Google Play store, but they're having to purge lots of content from it for breaking their updated TOSes. As you can see, it peaked last year which is probably why Google is trying to start a new service from scratch. It will likely not work because even if they mandate it as bloatware on all new Andriod devices, it's just not going to get the same amount of interest as it did five years ago.

>it is not like google is going to make a new fortnite.... they are going to distribute every single shit ever like no big deal

What's "every single shit"? Are they going to convince EA or Nintendo to rerelease all their games on their platform? Because if so, that's highly unlikely because EA has their own platform now in EA Origin. Google has to bring some sort of first party content to their new service, they can't just expect games to be made for it.

Attached: 280x1024_scrot.png (1202x792, 144K)

well, to begin with, the streaming beta was using the last Asscreed, and they ended up gifting a Uplay copy
that could be a hint that at least jewbisoft is in

I can't imagine a game developed by Google. I just can't, it's impossible.
Maybe a Flash application about rainbow-colored (but not white) cartoon children that make random happy faces at the push of a button with no apparent win or fail state.

I didn't even imagine gaming would be any shittier, but indies will still hold me up. I'm sure Bannerlord will be getting thousands of hours from me when it comes out. I've already picked up new hobbies. Right now I'm training in boxing and also learning about cars because I want to make my own ricer that I'll take to the track. I'm pretty much all set.

So then Google is getting gouged having to deal with Ubisoft's charges, this isn't a situation they want to be in especially when it's something like streaming that has zero viability in the US due to data caps. There's no way this could work unless Google is able to make games themselves that people themselves want.

I'd be Simcity 2013 and would fail just as hard as Simcity 2013. By the way, please don't remind me any more of Simcity 2013 because it still hurts.

Attached: big mess.png (328x357, 248K)

>streaming games
>having lag in your single player games
>if you ever stop paying monthly for your perpetual rental "your" games are gone
It's not only inferior to playing in local hardware, it's an awful form of DRM

I understand your point, but the problem is that Google power of lobbying is surreal, the same as Apple (although not infallible)
they are going to force the medium into submission, either by cutting better deals than Epic (and their pathetic shove), or offering free cloud gaming... it is just a matter of money, notoriety, footprint, and influence
in my opinion the only other player that can compete with the power of Google is Amazon, but it seems they are too retarded to get into the software market (ie: the amazon android devices)

Let me remind everyone that Google's real success came when they offered a service called Gmail, that obliterated the then popular Hotmail because they offered an unlimited inbox

Now think what Google needs to offer to obliterate the vidya digital distribution. Free vidya? free cloud gaming? a netflix service with all the majors?

well you see its for poors who cant afford consoles but somehow can afford a monthly streaming subscription that will add up to the price of a console in no time

that was the old google, not the new-age shitty google.

Don't care, I only pirate.

maybe Simcity 2013, yeah. That'd fit their profile.
SimCity (2013 game)

a big deal of Android's success is because the license is free to OEMs
once again, think about what is going to happen
free cloud?

It’s literally the ouya 2 and it’s gonna be an android based system. Calling it

Why would they cut a better deal with Epic? Epic has their own Epic Launcher and tons of Chinese money that wants to replace Google with a wechat-like service (aka Discord) not join them. To them Google is just something to push over. And free streaming/cloud gaming is still not going to help them because again data caps, unless Google agrees to pay the data charges it's a dealbreaker. Now they legally could since Net Neutrality is dead, but why would a company like AT&T or Comcast even bother with Google when they could instead direct customers to their own services? Google is just a third party to them.

They have little bargaining power here besides adding bloatware to phones, but again they already do that and it's already peaked. Microsoft also did it with Windows 10, it also has not helped Zynga recover.

Yes because it's not like any of Google's other stupid ideas have failed before. This one will be a success I'm sure. Also kill yourself you meme speak fuck.

better deal than epic, not with epic
I am talking about how epic is getting exclusive deals just by buying 1 year of revenue to devs... pennies for uncle Goog

well I guess that the cloud thing is not that popular in the states because internet is garbage there for some reason? that is what /g/ always tells me about lards internet access

Just don't support them. It's simple.

Attached: 1530376782286.jpg (205x148, 7K)

>EA and Microsoft have already killed hundreds of legendary studios... and they a joke compared to this giant
you just said it yourself. these two alone killed video games. there is nothing to kill anymore that would be a loss at this point.

None whatsoever. It's like trying to rape a corpse.

Attached: 1396799598457.jpg (288x499, 77K)

I'm still not buying what they're selling.

Attached: 1550778840990.jpg (244x244, 15K)

Epic is also able to offer a lower cost by reducing UE4 licensing fees, an option Google does not have and which means if they really wanted to compete against Epic they couldn't because Epic can offer a lower cost as they own more things. Google would have to create their own game engine and then pitch it against both Epic/UE4 and Unity. It's unlikely they'd be able to convert anyone at this point because UE4 has been the standard for so long while Unity is for people who want something else.

Stores offer free wifi for a reason, it's where people go to sync their phone or download apps so it doesn't take from their data cap.

I don't care about a video game "industry" i only care about good video games.

Attached: 1335142125227.gif (500x213, 989K)

this, gamers win in the end, Mircosoft leant in 2013,and Sony will next year. Google is too despised by everyone especially gamers who are predominantly right-wing against a left-leaning company like google

Attached: download (11).jpg (300x168, 19K)

Reminder that people who work at Google find a word like "Family" offensive and homophobic.
If they ever make exclusives, it's going to be trash.

>poorfag can't even afford some used handheld
>but he'll be able to afford a monthly subscription
you can get a used 3DS or whatever for very cheap these days