Is it literally perfect or are there some blemishes?

Is it literally perfect or are there some blemishes?

Attached: Devil-May-Cry-5.png (1200x630, 485K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EdM0SkjlOdw
youtube.com/watch?v=g8A7NGqnq5w
reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/aztzcw/why_i_think_dmc_5_has_an_excellent_and_possibly/
youtube.com/watch?v=qIMm_Mg9t7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DT bars not filling up in a clear way and poor friend-priority matchmaking are the only flaws for me. The rest of the game is great but those little things niggle away in the back of my head.

Really wish there was a way to cycle devil triggers, but that's about it so far

I wish there were a couple more missions toward the end that gave each character a long string of battles against formations of the tougher enemies. V's last big mission is a pseudo boss rush, Nero's is more of an obstacle course than anything, and while Dante gets the majority of the harder encounters, even he feels a bit crunched since you're still getting new weapons by the end despite only having a couple boss fights left to go. Higher difficulties alleviate this, but the campaign itself still feels lopsided, like I haven't really had the chance to stretch my legs before it's over.

LOTS of blemishes.

It's honest to God my favorite game ever. Not even just my favorite DMC. It's got some minor hiccups, but to me the game is a solid 10/10 because it dies absolutely everything I had hoped for and then some.

I'm super excited to unlock s
Super V and watch the game doing jack shit

Easily going to be the most overrated game this gen.

>no unlockable outfits
>Vergil's fight is ripped straight out of DmC
>V's backstory

It apparently has negatives but shitposters always fail to provide what they are besides the snoy meme.

Attached: tumblr_niwktzctMq1u9soo6o1_500.gif (500x334, 386K)

There's flaws, but honestly the Devil May Cry series was never a fountain of perfection. Fuck, there's only one truly great game prior to this. It does what DMC does pretty dang perfectly though.

Not perfect at all but damn enjoyable.
>V isn't as fun as the Nero or Dante and almost feels like a chore when his missions crop up even though I like him as a character
>Not being able to switch between devil breakers seems clunky, i'd rather they were made slightly weaker but give us the option to scroll through them like Dante's weapons
>not being able to play any character you want in any mission after completion seems like a missed opportunity
>really nitpicking here but royal guard seems to be able to block far too much just by holding it and not even bothering to time it but I assume that doesn't apply to harder difficulties

The fact that the "final boss" is just the same fight two times but you're controlling different characters. It feels like the developers couldn't decide between having Dante or Nero fight Vergil so they just had them both fight the same exact fight two times in a row.

Matt and Itsuno said that there were many weapons in the game that hadn't been shown before that the player will discover, and there isn't. They straight up lied.

>DMC1 is bad meme

Attached: Devil May Cry 1 Combo.webm (320x240, 2.78M)

Most of the levels are boring as fuck
Enemies don't do shit and are generally unfun to fight
V is the epitome of not fun
Initial difficulty levels were too easy
All of the bosses were boring
The story and dialogue is shit tier, only DmC is worse than it in this regard
Character models are ugly as hell
Graphics can be really ugly during gameplay
Music sucks and the DLC feature barely works
Lots of loading screens(laughably if you use speed hacks they speed up, console devs are fucking retarded)
No turbo mod(modders fixed it though)
Crappy costume variety
The snapshot feature after you finished the game is extremely annoying
Characters are constantly swearing

6/10

They could still be secret weapons that you can't access until you've done certain things, so secret that they don't appear in any of the nico logs or whatever.

is this a meme now? seen this copypasta 10+ times and the rating changes every time

There is no such thing as perfection, but DMC5 gets pretty close gameplay-wise. Story is a bit of a letdown.

V needed more polish.
Mostly just Shadow needs some more stuff to it.

I keep hearing that "same fight as DmC" but outside of fighting him in a white area, I can't quite figure out what this means. Virgil in DmC was still Virgil, they just mimicked his DMC3 appearance. The complaint was more the character sucked, the ending came out of no where with unlikable characters, and the combat engine was just Heavenly Sword with a reboot dmc skin on it.

Did they actually say "many"?

Someone is copy pasting my list?

I wish Nero got more development at the end. Dante sort of hogs the last quarter of the game, until Nero shows up for the final mission.

Vergil summons a doppelganger at the end, that's it.
You're right that the DmC Vergil fight came out of absolute nowhere, tweest for the sake of a tweest.

The story is the biggest weakspot
Weapons and styles are unbalanced, with some outright better than others
Devil Breakers have too many restrictions to feel all that useful (Can't switch between equipped, can't trade between equipped and field, very fragile)
Shit all for unlockables
V's gameplay is really counter intuitive for the genre and feels too close to DMC2 in which you just kind of walk around mashing buttons

Aside from being fought in a boring white arena, they give him the same bass drop sound when he does the dive-kick, and they even gave him the mid-fight cutscene of him revealing a Doppelganger form.

A breaker switch mod would be cool.

From what I've seen so far, the way he employs Judgement Cut and Summoned Swords is a lot more like DmC than the DMC3 version of the fight. A lot of his animations have that DmC sheathing time that I don't remember in 3 either. And doppleganger, of course. Plus the slowmo zoomin thing from DmC probably makes it feel even more similar.

It's too easy, they should add third difficulty from the start.
And levels are shit as fuck, it's not a perfect game fir sure. 8/10 maybe 8.5

>Can't rebind taunt on controller for some reason
>Rarely even see the other people when "Starring X" comes up, hopefully DLC expands on it some
>Vs kind of boring to play
>The entire D-Pad being taken up for Devil Trigger for Nero instead of letting you also swap arms with it
>Even though you can change character battle themes, there are a bunch of areas where some other battle music plays instead regardless

Kinda wish the alternate music selection was a bit bigger. Super Public Enemy, DMC3 Battle-2 and all those Remixes from the Griffon/Nightmare/Shadow fight come to mind.
Also some other minor complains because my computer is getting slightly old, but the load times were still faster than PS4:
>Loading screen for going to customize menu and back
>Loading screen to open up pre-mission
>Restarting mission goes back to the pre-mission screen after loading

Still had a lot of fun regardless. Working through Dante Must Die right now.

Attached: 20190308091324_1.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

>Spoilering fun
>Doesn't understand why you can't freely switch arms
Shitter redditry

The story was absolute garbage. I wanted something kino like DMC3, I got some shounen anime-tier bullshit where they waste away a cool new character so that fans can cream themselves over the reveal of their favorite cool katana man. The ending feels like it has no stakes or consequences, they just fight and then everyone is just alright with each other, Vergil killed like millions of people in not London and Dante talks with him like he's just some normal bro.

Attached: savingmefromthishell.png (376x438, 265K)

Not him but exactly why can't you switch arms? I expect you will say because they're too powerful but you could always re-balance them to make them do less damage in exchange for more options.

The areas you fight in get tiring stylistically. It would be like if dmc1 had half the game take place in that hell area at the end.
Nico is just annoying. I tried but I can't find her likable at all. It might just be the mongoloid voice.
The story (including the plot and character interactions) felt kind of whatever until the end. Maybe having some kind of antagonist we could care about besides Vergil would've helped.

I agree with you the plot is weak but desu it's a devil may cry game the plot has always been wank and everyone knows it, but that's why we love it.

Balance, prevent homogenisation, cost is inconsequential, depth to gameplay
>Story was garbage
>I wanted 3s garbage instead
3fags are fucking insufferable

>I wanted something kino like DMC3, I got some shounen anime-tier bullshit
That's literally DMC3

This.

Trying to comprehend the mind of the 3fag is a futile endeavour

DMC3 was kino as fuck.

Attached: maxresdefault-162.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

3 has a legit well written plot as far as action games go, I wish it was something more along that line.

3 is seinen.

I agree with you. DMC3 was beautiful in its simplicity. 5 has a bunch of annoying characters doing mostly nothing until the end of the game.

So was 5, it's the best in the series by far

It was so fucking bad.

The only reason I've ever liked these games was because of the story. The gameplay is fucking generic, it always has been. Don't be a faggot, 5's story is an absolute disgrace to the series. It ruined every character and Nico was the worst I've ever seen in a game.

There's obviously some blemishes. The only game with zero blemishes is OoT.

Don't you think they could balance the arms around the ability to switch, especially if they balanced them for the far harder difficulties rather than the pleb difficulties?

>Nico
Seriously, what were they thinking with this character?

no

Attached: Guatemalan documentary.gif (299x200, 2.91M)

If they added arm switching it'd make Nero way too much like Dante and doesn't suit Neros character at all. Just play Dante if you want to switch between shit all day

Itsuno is a fucking faggot and there were clearly western kikes breathing down his neck too. I can't even express my disdain for the character, literally everything about her disgusts me.

The cameo system needs some refinement
>start SoS playthrough
>get to the hotel scene where you see V
>there's no one there
>Starring: Vergil

Fair enough. It doesn't really feel like outside of a sour reminder of where they came from, they were bad ideas. Doppleganger is a nice throw back to DMC3's style that didn't survive and feels appropriate on Virgil, dynamic music is already used all over the game.

I guess what I'm asking is more what did they remove from DMC3's fight that makes it feel less like that?

Yes it is, 3nostalgiababbys are too braindead to realise though

Nico isn't even part of the story though, she's comedic relief and there to make arms for nero, her being the daughter of agnus is just a nice way to bring her into it.

If you dont time the RG blocks it consumes devil trigger. So there is still incentive to gitgud with Royal Guard blocking.

DMC3 having a small cast worked to it's advantage. One character meant that the pace of the story was always in momentum with no breaks, all the character gets proper development and arcs that satisfyingly conclude in the finale. DMC5 just have characters going nowhere, V having character development that doesn't matter once he merges back with Vergil, an ending that feels of no consequence in comparison to the events that just transfolded.

Attached: dante_the_poet_not_the_video_game_character.jpg (686x686, 152K)

You're an idiot...

hey, the very same exact thing happened to me with the same username

which cameo mission is it from anyway? it's not like we ever get to play V during that one section, or is it just a spoiler drop for free or something with a precorded name?

IIRC it uses data from the secret mission in Mission 5, the one where you're not allowed to get hit

3 actually has content.

fair enough, i'm glad there's a downside to it

That's interesting. I just assumed somebody was being funny.

5 has the most content of all DMC games.

Nico only exists to make a normal person cringe, Lady only exists for nudity, Trish only exists to say "I'm not your mommy" which also makes a normal person cringe, Morrison only exists so they could put a nigger in the game.

5 was disgraceful

wanna expand on that and tell me why i'm wrong?

>Muh content
5s gameplay is fantastic and story mode is enough, we're getting BP soon too. 3babbys need to be purged

It's going far to say it's absolute garbage, but I have to say it does feel bloated. I'm not exactly sure what I would change though is the hard part. Some people want V removed but I really liked him. Dante feels like the most bloated as far as the story goes, dragging with him 2 characters who have nothing to do and taking away from the meeting between Virgil and Nero that should've been the heart of the whole story, but he's the most fun aspect gameplay wise and I'll forgive the pointlessness of Trish and Lady if they become playable characters down the line. I might've wanted more in depth character interactions but that would only make the cutscenes longer, so that's hard to get.

It's messy because the gameplay and story are at ends with eachother. One needs to be simplified for the other to exist.

Attached: punching.webm (853x480, 2.8M)

Nico isn't even part of the story though, she's comedic relief

>It's messy because the gameplay and story are at ends with eachother. One needs to be simplified for the other to exist.
This is bullshit, they just did a terrible job with the story.

And whether or not you liked V he didn't add fuck all to the story, he only took away from it because his entire arc took up a huge chunk of the game and it was completely inconsequential.

They didn't have a single good idea with the story, they just slapped shit together to make trailers just like Kojima did for MGSV. This is the new standard apparently for milking fans. Instead of making a good game they just make good cutscenes.

5 only has like three memorable locations
>Urizen's throne
>Red Grave City (Mission 2 and 3)
>Fruit Urizen's arena
The entirety of the game is the same DOOM looking levels in the Qliphoth.

The game has only one color palette swap and a Super DT variant for each character, meanwhile DMC3
>coatless Dante
>DMC1 Dante
>coatless DMC1 Dante
>Super Dante
>Sparda
>Super Sparda
>coatless Vergil
>Super Vergil
>Nelo fucking Angelo
>Super Nelo fucking Angelo

V is clumsy as fuck to play and his whole story is straight out of Kingdom Hearts.

Attached: 1497326089823.jpg (280x330, 58K)

>3babbys continue to be retarded

Mission 17 is literally just descending from sphincter to sphincter.

Clearly they spent all the level design budget on that first level of Nero's.

cope

massive cope

I can't for the life of me understand why they picked Taste the Blood over Divine Hate for DMC3 music. It baffles me.

It's almost perfect.

The writing could be a bit better, there's a lot of pretty engrish dialogue where characters speak in a manner that sounds really awkward and dumb (one liners are generally good though)
Pacing is also a bit wonky, not awful like RE6; but you could tell the game was really stretching itself pretty thin to support 3 main characters. Kind of wish it was 30 missions long so the story had more room to breathe.

Basically everything else is 10/10.

Attached: 8225c.jpg (430x286, 18K)

>All 3babbys can do is spout memewords
Says it all really

>Berial's boss theme instead of Credo's theme

I just don't understand. Hopefully someone starts making music mods and makes it easy to make our own.

Attached: 1231283718.jpg (600x300, 44K)

This is once again going into hyperbole. There's plenty of good ideas, it's just messy. If you shuffled them around and gave them time to breath, it would've been better. There's just so much happening and the game is concerned with having too many cutscenes that none of it had the proper impact it should have.

I beat prologue dmc2 style, max range gun only

Attached: ok.png (512x512, 37K)

V being Vergil's humane side is literally the fucking best part of the entire story.

It was a really clever way to explore Vergil's character.

>says the one spouting "3babbys" as if that means anything
Cope.

>There's plenty of good ideas
Fucking where? I will agree it's messy, they did that on purpose to keep you from realizing how bad it all is. Disjointed bad ideas: the story.

3babbys are the worst part of trying to talk about DMC, they played the game once when they were 12 and thought it was good. It's why DMC threads aren't comfy anymore, because fuckheads like you ruin everything with your 3 garbage

The only bad thing about the DMC fanbase are autists like you mate.

>Anyone who isn't a 3faggot isn't allowed to discuss DMC
I see, you must have brain damage

Nobody said this. You however
>Anyone who is a 3faggot isn't allowed to discuss DMC

Lets take your most hated example, V. V being Vergil's human side definitely has the beats of a redemption arc, I can see what they're going for there, and it could have been a major reveal. His merging back with Vergil is definitely what gives him some chance of not quite going back to his old ways in the end.

The problem is we keep cutting away from V and splitting up when he should be forming a bond with the others and making you actually wonder who he is. We also never got enough moments with Vergil to really see the impact it had on him.

Except you did. As soon as someone dares not follow the NPC "3 is amazing" bullshit you tell them to leave

Except I didn't, and you can't share the post number because that post doesn't exist. Faggot.

>3fags literally don't live in reality
It all makes sense now

I just see you as a defender of shit right now bud.

Okay.

Attached: fun.jpg (1031x778, 152K)

You're trying to justify V dude. Get real, that whole idea was retarded and amounted to NOTHING. Even the hint that Vergil retained those memories was poorly done and weak. Whoever came up with the idea was a faggot and it was executed poorly.

>The plot was way too predictable; the story's highlights were almost entirely character moments and lore gap-fillers over actual plot points
>Trish & Lady don't do a fucking thing; they're basically there so they have models in the new engine, Eva can have a model, and they have a reason for Dante to have Kalina Ann again
>V was pushed as main playable character but you only ever NEED to use him in like three or four Missions and he's almost definitively gone forever story-wise; he's fun and different but it almost feels like he's playable because Itsuno realized they had the time and budget to do it
>Dante's gun selection oddly feels empty; he has the E&I/Coyote-A staples, a gimmick ranged weapon, and a heavy ranged weapon, but I feel he needed one more utilitarian gun but they just gave Devil Sword Dante summoned swords instead
>Ending screams DLC campaign with Dante & Vergil in Hell cutting the tree's roots and then fighting again before returning to Earth despite them saying they had no plans for DLC
>Level design gets less varied over time because you focus on the tree; even the city levels that bring you to different places don't feel as interesting because of the super muted color palette
>They added Red Orb Continues but also hand out Gold Orbs like fucking candy anyway
>Cameo system is underutilized, but is cool when it does work
>Bloody Palace is post-launch, even if it's free
>The EX Provocations all kinda suck; all of Nero's defaults are better than his and V's violin/conductor taunts are better than his as well
>No Cerberus theme remix
9.5/10 game

Attached: 1552169510822.png (865x570, 970K)

Lmao who gives a motherfuck about the story

Lmfao you people act like dmc 3 is moby dick or something LMAO

Cringey retards. Grow up or kys

Vergil being explored by splitting him human and demon side was a fine idea, and even had it's moments. It's just poorly executed thanks to how many stories are going on at once so it gets very little for development.

Enemies are the worst in the franchise (except 2 obviously). They do almost nothing and are super tanky. DMD is chore. Half of the enemies are literally standing around, other hald throw one or two lazy moves.
Turbo can somewhat fix this, but I highly doubt it.

>EX Provocation isn't just the Devil Trigger dance

What a wasted opportunity.

If you don't time your Royal Guards correctly it ends up breaking and enemies will punish you.

Level design too samey

I'm greatly disappointed
Gameplay is perfect, the story is an extremely poor attempt at copying 3. The story is literally soulless and feels like fanfiction.

Yeah 3 was pretty shit, glad 5 rectifies those issues

Exactly this.

Any tips to git gud?

Attached: 666.webm (1920x1054, 2.04M)

The story in DMC is literally just some alibi to kick demon ass, it was never good

Stop spouting this meme, leditor. DMC3 was amazing, 4 was very good. There is a story in DMC and it used to be good until 5, aka we defeat the enemies with power of family and friendship.

This, christ knows why people go on about the writing as if it matters in an action game

It wasn't though. V is just a goth faggot the devs wanted to make and they fucked up the story for it.

No one in their right mind would prefer V getting all that development over, you know, Vergil.

The game needs better friend-based matchmaking and a leaderboard.
It was Hell trying to play Mission 7 with a friend because there's no other way from "Prioritize Friends".

Posting this footage while trying to defend DMC1's combo game is disingenuous.
This is footage of Super Dante with infinite DT who's constantly using Devil Form for aerials, to try and pull off a fraction of the later DMC combos
Not to say that DMC1 doesn't have any combo-wank at all, but this just makes you look like some contrarian asshole by re-posting this webm.
Go flex with your own footage if you want to prove a point so damn badly.
Plus the guy never even said DMC1 was bad, you fucking loon.

>CTRL+F: cope
You're not doing anyone any favors.
Especially not you, hypocrite.

Attached: 1472781013991.jpg (378x485, 65K)

>DMC3 was amazing, 4 was very good
Yeah they were as games but the story wasn't good whatsoever. How the fuck does DMC have a good story in your opinion? Do you ever play other games or consume any other kind of fiction?

>daddy issues Nero beating the shit outta Vergil
I got exactly what I wanted from this game

>aka we defeat the enemies with power of family and friendship.
That was literally a thing since DMC1,3 and 4 and Sparda's whole story.

What happened in your life that turned you into such a pathetic loser?

youtube.com/watch?v=EdM0SkjlOdw

Attached: 1532117546007.jpg (736x1000, 143K)

>Guy who thinks DMC 3 is good calls other peoples losers
holy shit

>There is a story in DMC and it used to be good
Oh wow. I bet you think MGS4 is well written too

Here we go nigger.
Both 3 and 4 had an amazing story. Like, 3 didn't even have that great of a gameplay, not nearly as good as 4 and later on. But it had a story. Half demon ass blasted brothers trying to find a meaning in this world is 99% better than all the zombie apocalypse and generic bullshit out there. DMC has a story, a good story, which was shat on and retconned by DMC5. I laughed when it turned out Vergil was actually angry cuz mommy left him (even though he was angry because mommy died in 3).
The more I think about this game the more I understand tards that call it DmC2.

not him but you started being a bitch though, reflect on your life.

Your bait is delicious. Can I have some more?

What bait?

I'm not the guy he was replying to at first. Don't look so hard for bogeymen.

>you started being a bitch
Read the thread nigger.

>DMC5 is the best
>"No"
>ree rampage

>better than all the zombie apocalypse and generic bullshit
If those are your story standards then obviously anything that has a story is good for you

Why there is this wave of contrarians talking shit about 5 ?

The only complaint I have with this game is that the menus are kinda clunky and it takes some time to get into the levels by just navigating menus.
As for the game itself, I'm confident in saying that it has almost no objective flaws.

Attached: 1552267348085.gif (600x338, 2.04M)

It's a major release. It's just rare that a relatively niche game like DMC is a major release.

>the final boss batle wasn't the same as the boss battle in NSUNS4
>we didn't get sudden transitions to DMC3 underworld final boss fight
>we didn't get sudden transition to Nelo Angelo fight
Sad

>the story is an extremely poor attempt at copying 3.

Not at all, the story is like the complete opposite of 3. It's about Vergil growing as a person and finally stopping being a total douchebag.

V is a part of Vergil's personality. At the end he decides to man the fuck up and take responsibility for his Urizen. When Vergil is reborn he's a changed man thanks to V, which is why Nero is able to convince him to stop fighting Dante.

Attached: 1552255033831.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Happens every time, it's why Yea Forums is fucking awful for actual game discussion

> No way to seamlessly cycle through Nero's devil breakers

Why would they do this is completely beyond me, they literally had the D pad unused, imagine the mad combos we would be able to do if you could cycle through them like Dante's weapons

Attached: 3dd.gif (480x270, 1.66M)

>3 and 4 had an amazing story
No? It was barely passable at best and 1000% carried by the characters it was about, no the story.

Hello shitter!

>DMC
>Niche

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 5.04.23 PM.png (1794x236, 50K)

There's definitely a weight to the characters now that takes some getting used to, and while the story is pretty engaging, it's certainly got some out there moments that won't sit well with some people. Overall, it's a serious improvement over DMC4 in terms of a complete package.

Enemies are slow and tanky. What the fuck is even an objective flaw?

>Dante was complete cancer in 4
>actually is the most fun to play with in 5
They saved our boy

I know it's Reddit but this is a good write-up on DMC5's story. It's the best in the series, in my opinion.

>Don't notice the giant boss statues,
>Pick up griffon
>Angelo appears
youtube.com/watch?v=g8A7NGqnq5w

Attached: 1411929249009.jpg (582x581, 135K)

> Dante being complete cancer
> Ever

Attached: 1551888857857.jpg (498x590, 36K)

its to add another layer of complexity in customising the loadout.

DMC being a major AAA game and performing better than other AAA games released this year so far is a surprise. I expected it to do the best of any game in the series, as in 2.5-3 Million lifetime, but it's apparently on track to sell 4-5 Million by the end of the year before we even get a 5SE.

Forgot to link.
reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/aztzcw/why_i_think_dmc_5_has_an_excellent_and_possibly/

GOTY is ours boys

Dante was the best in 4. Now he's trash and doesn't do any damage without Sin

V wasn't Mundus. That's all the game needed. Instead they made Vergil the big bad AGAIN and we didn't get good closure to the story.

is there any guide for all collectibles?
want to have full bar before i start DMD and im still missing some

I doubt we're gonna get an SE since we live in the age of DLC. Probably gonna get some new characters and levels as DLC.
I'd love a Vergil and Dante series of levels where they get out of Hell. Maybe six levels with three bosses. Have Vergil actually earn Devil Arms instead of giving him Beowulf and Force Edge for no reason.

> Another layer of complexity

You think customizing the devil breaker's layout can be more complex that all the crazy shit and mad combos we could pull off by letting us cycle through them?

Come on nigger

Attached: 1551981215703.png (617x453, 361K)

Yeah, I think literally every other plot rather than the existing one would be better

just a few minor blemishes
what is this feeling, this is the first game Ive played in recent memory that feels like it released with actual full content
No day 1 dlc, even thought it had a deluxe edition and a store, and genuine polished gameplay and details

not sure what this feeling is

Cavaliere does insane damage.
Actually, almost all of his stuff hits hard. I didn't like the way Dante played in 4, but I love him in this one. I feel like I actually have to use ALL styles. In 4, I just used Swordmaster and Trickster, but I find myself actually using Royalguard and Gunslinger in this one. His Devil Arms are also a lot more fun.

>reddit

Attached: goBack.gif (500x382, 102K)

>reddit idiot is an idiot

Yes people plicked up the extremely subtle an in depth storytelling like Nero was angry at being called deadweight and that Virgil missed the yamato.
It sucked.

Which level is the best for grinding red orbs? Want to finish everyones movelist and upgrades before my SoS run

Yeah, it was good. A shame it didn't seem to make any difference to Vergil after the merge. I was hoping for at least some slight change in him when V returned, but he seems almost exactly the same as before.

> SE

Not happening, and RE 2 sold 5 million and this game is set to surpass it, make that number 6 million and we're talking (not even accounting for digital copies)

Everyone in DMC is an over the top trope of someone's "cool", V fits right in.

It's equal to 3, at least.
All the DMCs have mediocre stories except for 3 and 5, which are legitimately good.

Attached: 1551500526689.png (238x344, 120K)

Some inputs are still tied to buttons even if you set ten differently.
V's charges (holds) on his summons go away when you dodge.
We never see Kyrie or the twins, or Lucia.
Other than that, 9/10.

it's like you can hear the fedora and obesity in his voice

3>5>4SE>1>2

Attached: 1536979281482.jpg (736x840, 89K)

WILL WE FUCKING GET THAT TURBO MODE? THE GAME IS SLOW AS FUCK. Literally unplayable

they needed to tell the story out of order in order to make it not completely and uterly boring.

Same but I picked up Nightmare and I also never knew you could read the book to get more DT, so in order to get more DT I had to smack Angelo with a cane over and over

The PC version IS SHIT. I'm gonna call Capcom for this. It's basically the console versions with no fucking improvement. You can have the cinematic's graphic quality like you should be able to have on PC. The FOV is shit too.

5 > 3 > 4 > 1 > DmC > 2*

1) Level design is bland for the most part
2) There are basically two kinds of scenery - London and/or demon tree
3) No Nico VR dating minigame

Apart from that, it's fucking incredible

Attached: 1538944102388.jpg (2048x1233, 471K)

People call 5's enemies fun to fight against. What these casuals actually mean is that you can beat almost anyone to death and they would do nothing.
People call 4's enemies the worst ones. What these casuals actually mean is these crazy fuckers had tons of moves and constanly tried to fuck you up (except for scarecrows, yeah) not letting to mash them.

>No Nico VR dating minigame
This is a good thing.

You'd have no incentive to break them. As someone in other thread said, they should have made them even more expendable, I don't remember I ever used their destruction attacks more than once per level.

>I also never knew you could read the book to get more DT
But the game tells you that the first time you're using DT

Why is V so cheap to play as? Literally every time as him i always wind up getting SSS ratings and never get hit.

This.

Attached: Devil May Cry 4 - Nero combat.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

If DMC 3 came out today, everyone would be shitting on the story and about having Arkham as a blob monster villain.

It's the best DMC game by miles.

ALSO, BEST USE OF OVERTURE:
youtube.com/watch?v=qIMm_Mg9t7E

Attached: 1552339551843.jpg (3840x2160, 2.61M)

t.Barry

I turned off Tutorials

Those tortured hells are more aggressive than anything I've seen in 3
>4's enemies the worst one
Literally no one ever said that. It's the game's strongest point by far and the reason why people played it for so long

Cope.

Nice opinion, friend.

>Arkham as a blob monster villain.
People have always complained about the Disco Blob.

Vergil looks moon-faced as fuck in that picture.

Let me guess, you also can't find any secret missions?

How would Yea Forums have reacted to this?

Attached: Gigapede.gif (600x494, 76K)

What are the tortured hells?
Well, for a past couple of days everyone was
saying that 4 had the worst enemies. Literally EVERYONE said that

It's an opinion based on facts, my uneducated friend

> You could break them to unleash the stronger skill, like the beam or the shit that AoE freezes time
> They would still break if you get hit
> If you chain several of them and get hit, all of them break, making the risk/reward system all the more satisfying.

Attached: 1551890687274.jpg (495x455, 39K)

>Literally EVERYONE said that
No, not everyone. Stop exaggerating you LITERAL moron.

AHEM

3 > 4 (first half) > 5 > 1 > 4 (second half) > DmC > 2

The only thing I can immediately think of that I'd like to change is making spare arms a little more abundant in Nero's levels, like dropping from defeated enemies. Currently, it feels like if you use breakage moves too often, you get left without any towards the end of some levels, or have to stop in with Nico to re-up.

I think having to just roll with whatever drops from enemies would be a lot more interesting to play with than being able to curate your arm sequence every single time.

Sure, keep telling yourself that, kiddo.

>4 (first half) > 5

Attached: 1509551930994.jpg (645x729, 26K)

I found 6 of them

Attached: 1536123129012.jpg (254x283, 12K)

It sucks that the easier difficulties have more of them. It should be the opposite.

I mainly play for the fights, I think the enemies are more or less the same as they've ever been (better than 3, about the same as 4). But the number of quality bosses is way above 3+4.

Good 4 bosses:
Echidna
Berial
Credo

Good 3 bosses:
Agni&Rudra
Beowulf
Vergil 2
Vergil 3

Good 5 bosses:
Geryon Knight
Cavalier Angelo
Urizen
Cerberus
Malphas
V's Summons
Vergil

It's not even a contest. Furthermore even the worst 5 bosses are more engaging than the worst bosses from 3+4. Nidhogg and Gilgamesh are light years ahead of time-wasters like Centipede and Doppelganger. And I'm so glad that nothing has AI as garbage as 4Dante.

spbp

Everyone who replied to me said that. LITERALLY

Terribly, like most other bosses. The truth is that DMC 3 wasn't about being stylish at all, the only way to play that game is by exploiting each enemy/boss's gimmicks over and over until they die. SSStylish gameplay was accidentally discovered by players.

For example, everyone loves Vergil 3, but actually all Vergil fights in that game worked like a railroaded set-piece where you run around until you're allowed to attack him for a few seconds, over and over until he dies.

I mean come one, you stinger in, he counters it and attacks. Then you roll to the side, stinger in again. Now you're allowed to pop some free hits in until he recovers. Then repeat.

Attached: 1550196356040.jpg (1172x1646, 344K)

I don't see why you could have just been able to pick up at least 3 spares and have them be warped to Nico or whatever. Also, it's dumb that you can't cycle which arm you want to use, even though R2 has literally nothing tied to it and could have been used for that.

>Not including Vergil 1, Cerberus and Nevan for good DMC3 bosses

Story is dumb even for DMC standards, that is the only actual flaw of this game, you can nitpick about V being too strong, though this is clearly a design choice, the team opted to make V strong to be safe, if was weak there would be a lot of hate for V. You can also nitpick about the environment looking samey, but in world it makes sense for the environment to be destroyed and covered in demon roots, it would be weirder if we had a green lushy forest in the middle of the city followed by a bunch of fire and lava

Agnus' room was more intense than gilgamesh.
Agnus and Bael are good bosses too.

>he thinks a handful of faggots on Yea Forums is everyone
Now that's some autism right there.

>R2 has literally nothing tied to it
Leave this thread and finish the game, dingdong.

>but actually all Vergil fights in that game worked like a railroaded set-piece where you run around until you're allowed to attack him for a few seconds, over and over until he dies.
Which is why Azel 2 remains the GOAT action boss. It actually feels like you're fighting a rival with all the same moves as you.

I find it weird how Vergil is always great to fight, yet in 4, Dante is not. Like its not even close. You'd think two human v human fights would be similar but no.

Vergil 1 is lame and only even passingly interesting in DMD. Are you talking about the cutscenes and atmosphere or something? Because I'm talking pure mechanics.

Cerberus is a great casual filter but entirely uninteresting for replays.

Nevan is a pretty boring gimmick fight.

There are blemishes that put it to 9/10 instead of 10/10 for sure.
>Loading screens are too frequent and at times completely arbitrary (Like transitioning between two cutscenes)
>No Balrog cutscene
>Breakaway default the same button as DT
>The Diverging Point missions feel like unnecessary padding and could probably be split down to two missions, one where you can choose to play as V or Nero similar to the subway mission and the next as Dante to see what he's doing in the mean-time
>King Cerberus theme isn't a Suffer remix even though Psycho Siren got a remix for V's boys
>Vergil's theme isn't a remix of any of the Vergil themes
>Vergil's the only boss that reacts to taunts
>Only V and Vergil get unlockable outfits and they're just recolors
Otherwise excellent game.

>even though R2 has literally nothing tied to it and could have been used for that
You absolute retard. You need to leave right now or you'll be spoilered to death.

>4 (first half) > 5
Yes. That's just a matter of face, but the second half is so rushed with no of the enemies being designed with dante in mind that if you don't divide the game in half then 5 > 4.

Attached: 1520315687402.gif (361x200, 2.21M)

Bael is kino.

Attached: Devil May Cry 4 - Bael and Dagon.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

Dante's AI is basically input reading. It makes him really uninteresting to fight because you know exactly how he'll react to your every move and you can trick him into doing shit that sets him up for some real pain.

I'm glad that you exist. Noone except me and you thinks that DMC4 enemies are great.

Nothing is perfect but DMC5 comes the closest.
TURBO
MODE
WHEN

Oh gee, one thing that doesn't matter until the FINAL mission. Big fucking whoop. They still should have allowed you to cycle arms, especially since you always change to the newest one if you're able to pick it up. That's not up to debate.

>R2 has literally nothing tied to it
This nigga serious?

lol

What the fuck is enemies are not designed with Dante in mind? It's your problem that you are shit

Fuck off, nignog. I never said it doesn't have anything the entire game.

The alternate cutscenes are a fucking godsend.

Attached: 15310524.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

what is the logic in making everyone play devil or lower which is basically tutorial tier?

The best way to play is at a difficulty that challenges you enough for your first play through.

>WAHH WAHH WHY ISN'T NERO JUST DANTE 2.0 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Name a worse character.

Attached: nico-1.jpg (600x330, 28K)

Some anons pointed out that tree was very reminiscent of Nocturne. While that's true, they could have doubled down on surrealism and style the deeper you descended into it.

Attached: tree.jpg (1280x1478, 590K)

If you could access other arms without having to break them, no one would ever use breakage moves. Nero with specialized weapons you can freely switch between is literally just short haired Dante.

Breakage and lack of cycling is an important part of the Nero flavor of gameplay.

>illiterate retards who can't read for shit

this level of brainlet cannot be possible, yet Yea Forums always manages to prove me wrong

Attached: 1552322522654.jpg (400x490, 30K)

Lucia, Patty, Vergil, Trish, Lady.
Nico actually served some form of purpose in the game

I still can't believe they released another DMC with character locked mission.
It can't be that hard to make a character select for every single one of them.

>plot: C
>environment: F
>characters: C
>music: C
>gameplay: A (S+ for dante though)
but since Yea Forums ONLY cares about gameplay, it must be perfect

>>Dante's gun selection oddly feels empty; he has the E&I/Coyote-A staples, a gimmick ranged weapon, and a heavy ranged weapon, but I feel he needed one more utilitarian gun but they just gave Devil Sword Dante summoned swords instead
Why won't they give him another demonic laser weapon?

I never played God Hard so I can't talk about Azel, but I intended to compare the DMC 3 vergil fight to the DMC 5 one, but then gave up on writing that opinion in the earlier post.

I'm already getting tired of writing in English, so I won't say much. You can really FIGHT with Vergil in 5. No bullshit AI like DMC 4 Dante, no scripted faggotry like DMC 3. You can genuinely go crazy on him and rely solely on instinct to counter him and make your own openings instead of waiting for the game to give them to you.

Though it is possible (and easier) to fight Vergil in 5 like you did in DMC 3, it's incredibly boring and reserved for scrubs.

Attached: 1528701039046.jpg (720x629, 33K)

Yeah, I gave it some thought and he doesn't really have any openings like Vergil has in 3.
Vergil has several openings where you can catch him after a helm splitter or a judgement cut. Dante just feels like shit trying to open up on.

no turbo makes me not want to play it anymore. dmd was fun but it’s so fucking slow

Double Kalina Ann is close enough

So what would you do as V or Dante for the parts in Nero's missions where you have Grim Grips?

That would hardly make him Dante 2.0 you fuckwit.
You only use breaks for emergencies, not just to waste arms. And no, it wouldn't be just another Dante, it would be a means of using the arm you want to use instead of having to run back to Nico and filling up so it doesn't get cycled away.

There's no magical trick to it, just play more. Try out new stuff and see if you can incorporate them to your playstyle just so you don't stagnate.

The former.

>waaaaah so what if I'm wrong

gameplay is the most important part of a video game, yes

>What these casuals actually mean is that you can beat almost anyone to death and they would do nothing.
Not really. A bunch of enemies always have guards up or super armor or way too many i-frames or straight up move the fuck away from you while attacking. Proto Angelos, Hell Antenoras, Death Scissors (Yes I know you can crit them), Hell Judeccas, Furies, and Nobodies really love to just ignore all your attacks and then go in for hits that'll fuck you up and on SoS and higher they pop up very frequently.

Enemies are slow shit that do nothing though. So it's automatically B

>huurr, you're retarded even though you didn't say the button is unused the entire game
Whatever, newfag

>I never played God Hand
Go play it.

I'm sorry, but the way they completely shove Dante into the back of the game and even go as far as to give you Cerberus right before the last two missions is beyond fucking stupid

This guy can't get above B rank on the style gauge.

V doesn't use his cane when you just barely tilt the joystick stuck out like crazy for me.

Very minor ones like no splitscreen coop for some levels. Beyond that very little

I wasn't though, not my fault you assumed I meant the button is never used from start to end, dipshit.

The multiplayer integration is extremely wonky but that'll at least be fixed with bloody palace

Give them their own wire thing, like they did for Vergil and Lady in 4SE.
And that's the lazy solution. New alternate areas to replace those small parts would be even better

>Breakaway default the same button as DT
How is that a fucking complaint

>There is literally nothing tied to this button
>Except the thing that is tied to it
>UH I NEVER SAID THERE WAS NOTHING TIED TO IT
Yea Forums does it again

I got As and Ss just fine you retard, the point still stands that having the option to cycle back to the arm you were using wouldn't be bad. Stay the fuck wrong.

They should have let V to deal damage with basic combo with his cane. It would be much interesting to be on frontline and watching for your summons at the same time

I haven't played the game yet. Is it? Also, it's not like they couldn't just give it some new moves so that it's distinct from Artemis.

>turbo mode people are very vocal about it
>we'll probably get it
>it'll become the defacto playing speed
>even though I'm just starting to grasp a tiny 1% of doing stuff on the speed the game's on right now
I'll have to re-learn exceed timings which I already suck at, then timings for air combos, style changes, all of them mid-combo inputs will have to be even quicker and I can't even do them 2/10 times. Then I'll drop the game when I see all the work I put in normal speed amount to nothing. Fucking hell, I don't want turbo but its definitely happening.

Because it fucks with muscle memory if you don't immediately change the control layouts. Like I said, it's a minor blemish and not a game ruiner.

He does do damage with his cane though

Why would you tell me this? What am I coping with?

As in, nothing tied to it for most of the game, not ever. Reading comprehension really isn't your strong suit, is it?

DMC never had a well-written story. It had a well presented story.

lmao stop replying nostyle

is it even possible to S rank DMD mission 10?

The game runs slightly faster than 3 or 4 without turbo. So there's chance there wouldn't be turbo at all

Based illiterate retard

I've had four encounters over two scenes with Urizen and they all suck. I don't want to fight this fag again but if the trend continues I've got at least two more times left.
This is a bad way to make your big boss seem strong.

>huurr, I'm retarded
Glad we agree.

Can’t pause cutscenes
No end-game upgrade (or mod, at least yet, but I’m hopeful) that lets you rotate your breakers freely
Microtransactions to skip orb grind and “daily login bonus” shit reeks of games-as-service being shoehorned in
AFAIK no end-game mode that lets you use any character in any mission / too many times I was forced to use V (he’s interesting mechanically, but I don’t find him fun like Nero and Dante)
Censored in the west

Still a 9.2/10

Does reshade not work with this game?

"Cope" is what you say when someone online disagrees with you and you don't have the faculties to argue your point like a grown-up.

You'll have it all the time after the first playthrough. You're not stopping at Devil Hunter difficulty, aren't you?

Only one being illiterate is you if you think "nothing tied to it" means the same as "nothing ever gets tied to the button"

I need to remember to change my button layout. I keep doing breakaway thinking it's going to activate DT.

Attached: 1531747774727.jpg (640x720, 152K)

It's okay when Capcom does it.

>Censored in the west
On consoles/ps4.

You did not write "has nothing tied to it for the rest of the game." You wrote:
>"R2 has literally nothing tied to it and could have been used for that."

Just admit you were BTFO and didn't know what you're talking about.

No fun unlockables beyond new difficulty settings, I want a PS2 Vergil and Dante fighting Capcom.

There should be more missions that you can choose whio you want to play as. Online should also be better implemented, most of the missions I don't even see the other player.

V should get another summon during the campaign, something like Phantom or the Blades.

That's about it that I can think of right now.

>Censored in the west
>a buttcrack has a lens flare in front of it
THIS
GAME
IS
UNPLAYABLE

Yeah, it really is the new "umad xd".

No it work. You'll have to switch to DX11 manually though I think.
I don't think this game need reshade though.

What kind of van it is used in DMC5? It is huge!

Fucking hell user, it's okay to admit you made a mistake. Stop doubling down.

It’s the perfect blemish.

There are four Urizen fights total. You're meant to lose the first 2, and win the last 2.

That doesn't mean "nothing ever gets tied to it" you fucking mongoloid. Get back to school and learn how wording works.

Agree 100% even the score. It doesn't look like anything else in this year is going to top it even with the negatives.

>Censored in the west
Not on PC baby.

Attached: 1531853667867.png (274x385, 130K)

Its a non-euclidian van.

I didn't. I never said that R2 isn't used the entire game.

>Censored in the west
>BEING A SNOYKEK
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>"learn how wording works"
>tells others to go back to school
You sure I'm the one with learning disabilities, user?

Lol, in DMC3 Vergil’s tower basically devastated the entire city and Dante literally doesn’t give a fuck and never attempts to save anyone or even acknowledge the existence of innocent people

he said thank you to Nero nigga take what you can get it's a DMC game not a fuckin emmy-winning drama

Surprised they actually bothered with giving this game kb+mouse controls, even more surprised it works pretty decently but things that require rotation or back+forward inputs are a sore, i'll continue using a controller of course, but it was a good attempt on their part

Attached: budha.gif (500x285, 216K)

no dedicated dodge button

Do you know what "literally" means, you literal moron?

Meaning?

>Dante says a joke
>No comeback from boss
>Fight begins
wtf Capcom

That'd be cool to play as Dante and Vergil and tag-team demons. Though I do wonder if they'll return right away or take a break so Nero can get a full game for himself instead of always having to share with his Uncle.

JUMPING/GERBERA/TRICKSTER you fucking imbecile

Explain it to me in a way that it doesn't mean that.
If nothing is tied to it so why not put a certain function on it, where will the function that does actually get put on it go? Why put it there if something is already tied to it?

>anime-tier bullshit
Opinion discarded

Nah, it's the third best.

When V is reading from his book, he doesn't actually read a poem that's on the pages he's looking at. Literally unplayable.

Attached: 20190310164801_1.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

we're not really sure if it's censorship because it whether the lens flare happens on trish seems to be seemingly random on all platforms

on lady it seems to always happen on all platforms, except PC where you can disable it in the ini

You said literally nothing is tied to it. You're telling people to not be retarded yet you didn't actually finish the sentence you're so desperately claiming you were meaning to say. It's okay user, you made a mistake.

It keeps hanging for me when it gets to the screen saying loading. Reshade just endlessly tries to load the effects and nothing changes on my screen.

I already tried changing the 2 settings in the ini to dx11 too.

Yes Tameem, it is.

Hey man it's a single player game. Unless you're making truestyle videos you shouldn't force yourself to play modes that you don't like.
And yeah overwriting muscle memory when it comes to timing is a fucking pain in the rectum. I was playing DMC4 without turbo for like two weeks straight to prepare myself for DMC5 speed since turbo is so ingrained in me. It kinda helped but boy it was weird. Still is.

Don't jinx it nigguh. We're getting Bloody Palace, we're getting Vergil, hopefully we're getting Lady and Trish down the line too. With such a streak they ought to deliver Turbo too.

Considering you think "nothing tied to the button" means the same as "nothing is ever tied to it the entire game", yes, you do.

Fucking hell dude you're not even remotely listening to the other user, you're just spouting angry horseshit.

Pull your fucking head in, if you're gonna argue at least have the common fucking decency to listen to the other side.

>Is it literally perfect or are there some blemishes?
Style switching is handled poorly.
>Swordmaster should be default mode
>Holding right trigger down should change to gunslinger
>Holding left trigger down should change to trickster
>A face button should be dedicated entirely to royal guard
>D-pad up and down should cycle through guns
>D-pad left and right should cycle through Devil's arms
>click left stick for for devil trigger.

>t. westacuck

Meaning it doesnt follow euclidean geometry.
Example:
A tube looks like its a meter in length from the outside, but from the inside its a lot longer than a meter.

>4 had an amazing story

Attached: AB0504D9-0C72-4DBB-AA66-7F207EA2C97E.png (750x1334, 2.2M)

>You said literally nothing is tied to it.
Yea, until the end. Just because I didn't say "until the final level" doesn't mean I said the button is never used at all. Goddamn you people are dense.

I hate you.

I realize your inbred parents passed down their rampant autism to you, and that makes you angry, but you truly cannot be this dense.

Nico is perfect.

Attached: 20190308002047_1.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

I hope the Turbo mode will only be about 10% faster not 20

>not him but

PATHETIC SAMEFAG BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1478215282934.jpg (250x172, 7K)

>14 years later
>DMC3SE still the best DMC game
It really is tiresome

Actually finish your sentences, user.

Hey retards, stop trying to save face on an anonymous imageboard by one-upping each other in the dumbest fucking argument that's ever been argued.

>Hey man it's a single player game.
This is the problem though user. Its about to not be just single player.

We have a semi-confirmed online multiplayer BP from dataminers. I am excited as hell for it. But when turbo mode hits, maybe along with it, maybe later on, everyone's gonna go that speed. And I don't think Capcom's gonna implement me being at normal speed while the other online guy is turbo.

lol

Unironically love Nico lads

Would be awesome if they made some kind of Boss Memory mode where you can take on recreations of classic bosses like ones from the previous games, including properly fightable versions of the completely braindead DMC2 ones.

I hate this shit they started with Dante in 3. Nero gets a lot of new command moves, while a lot of Dante input is just absent FOR THE SAKE OF STYLES and pleasing old boomers who would explode in rage if Dante is changed only slightly

As shown in mod on Youtube, 15 is perfect. 20 is too much

No

>V only has 3 poem variations
What a fucking poser

Get help

Yea, whatever, dipshit. The fact that you can't prove that what I said must translate to what you think it does just goes to show how stupid you are.

The levels are boring aesthetically and gameplay wise.

V is shit.

Not enough Dante.

Too many loading screens.

Story was shit.

Music sucks.

In-game visuals are sometimes ugly.

He's only 2-3 days old....

I don't wanna

Actual good post here. DMCVturds will cope.

Love the game, but a dmc game will never be perfect with a shit OST.

I did, not my fault that people can't read and assume "nothing is tied to the button" is the exact same thing as "nothing is tied to the button for the entire game"

Do people seriously find this sexy?

Attached: 1552280917964.jpg (2159x2158, 867K)

>Fucking hell dude you're not even remotely listening to the other user
Because he's not saying anything, he was just defending a shit tier character.

You like it so you're a faggot too.

In terms of enemis and bosses, Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne is way better than this game

They really are.

Attached: 15310541.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

No one thinks Adam Driver is sexy
>Hey kid, 2004 called and wants its style back!

Really isn't that bad looking. Personality certainly isn't going to appeal to many, but it's a nice change of pace from just snarky gal who quips on the MC. Lady and Trish are pretty alike aside from their looks and combat skills.

the story was mostly boring until nero goes O MY DEVIL TRIGGER and unfucks the entire plot in the last mission

I can never do the million stab followup wtf

Anyone else here just feel really fucking happy that we finally get our hands on Devil May Cry 5?

Like I can see myself playing this game over and over for years...

Attached: dante.jpg (640x360, 30K)

how do i parry, i do it by accident

>>King Cerberus theme isn't a Suffer remix even though Psycho Siren got a remix for V's boys
probably my biggest complaint
Why does KING have theme this inferior to his subordinate?

there are tons of fags on this site

I disagree.

no shill.

She's still uncanny valley, but her personality was cute. That we could've got that dork as a qt brownie only makes my disdain for REengine grow

Me, If only we could get a Killer 7 sequel someday

idunno about that, im not poor and play more than just 1 game in a year

In the prologue

From what I've seen, you got to let go of the stick the moment you're doing stinger, and of course be holding the attack button.

No, I expected something I would play for years as 4. And I got slow boring shit. Now back to playing 4 again

Apparently all you do is attack when they attack.

Not enough of Dante

not only that, we also got:
>vergil and dante aren't trying to kill each other, just having some fun fights
>vergil has a new costume
>redesigned vergil DT and vergil SDT

As perfect as a post-2013 game gets, at least.

im disappointed

I’m playing this and KH2 and KH2 has more enjoyable gameplay by far.

I actually love her personality the most.
Her looks are appropriate too.

I don't find her attractive though. Then again I don't find Trish and Lady attractive either.

I'm glad she's not cute. It wouldn't really mesh desu.

Game needed more Griffon.

And also less scenes of Griffon dying.

Attached: 93e5310342985018ebdb5a0585b44f87.gif (289x175, 684K)

What is your reasoning? In souls enemies are more aggressive and each of them has a lot of moves, not just 1 or 2 attacks. I'm talking about the enemy side, not player side, it's obvious you can do a lot more in DMC

>Spend a decade getting used to one game
>Get mad when a different game is not that game exactly
bad post. bad opinion.

>first time viewing lady naked cutscene
>censored
>change dof and capability in ini
>no censor
What did they mean by this?

t. button mashing mongoloid that enjoys playing as V

>Vergil is such a cakewalk they had to add actual artificial difficulty by giving him the doppleganger

Sfm when

Weak bait.

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

i still can't tell if the link system is actual multiplayer or if it's basically just a pseudo-replay system

I'm still hoping Itsuno does DD2. I know he said something along the lines of "I want to do something new", but the guy really should strike while the iron is hot and give the fans the sequel they've been deserving for nearly a decade.

Attached: Dragon's Dogma.png (844x471, 478K)

They just said there was more in store, which was true. DSD and Double Kalina Ann were unexpected.

It's a 9/10. Some minor quality of life issues that can be fixed, but the general environments are too bland and the missions all have the same structure.

Because that's my opinion that DMC is more fun. Just as it's yours that DS is better.

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who beat Vergil while using gold orbs

>the missions all have the same structure.
What sort of missions did you want to see? Please tell me you don't want the dice game back.

>>artificial difficulty meme
Did you just die to Vergil, user?

I'm talking about enemies, you moron. Not the interaction between player and enemis. What a fucking idiot, can you even read? The way enemies are now in 5 is just Attack attack attack attack until it's dead

I was still kind of expecting him to be remnants of the original Griffon, somehow having been recovered by V. Of course, I was half expecting V to be Mundus' kid at one point.

>I hate you.
Did I decrease your enjoyment of the game? Thankfully with steam you can mimic some of my recommendations. Right now I have Right trigger royal guard, Left trigger trickster, and both held down being gunslinger (which I only use for the Fausts circular AoE move.). WHen I let go of triggers I default to swordmaster. Having Trickster and Royal guard accessible at all times is so fluid, I can never go back.

Enemy attacks don't matter if you can roll then stunlock them to death with r1

No, I complained about losing to him because I no damaged him with guns only, what the fuck do you think I did?

>tfw wasted 2 gold orbs and all of my rorbs on him until I was forced to git gud and beat him without them

Attached: 1552322779550.jpg (540x645, 43K)

pirated it, didn't get what's the appeal
at least DmC had really cool levels, music and "fuck you" memes. this one, well, i'm not a big fan of arena slashers and muh score so have fun bois.

Attached: 1549817216771.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

Opinion based on WHAT? Are you 10 and just learned the word opinion? I'm talking about enemies, not games in whole.
That's why weak enemies come in groups and single enemies have hyper armor or poise. What the fuck are you even talking about

>tfw you will never take shadow for a walk

Attached: 20190311175747_1.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

>Of course, I was half expecting V to be Mundus' kid at one point.

That'd actually be better.
>Mundus tried to do the same thing Sparda did and have a half-demon kid
>Once that was done he killed the mom so V hates Mundus

Works just fine.

Yes and in Souls it's R1 R1 R1 R1 until they die.
Shoo, zoomer.

i beat both m19 and m20 vergil without using gold orbs but i had to restart a few times and i couldn't get higher than an A rank cus im shit

I cant even imagine being a fan of this series without considering 3 the best game

weak bait kek

>mission 8
>devil hunter
>literally get 6 different SSS combos on 4 different groups of enemies and the boss
>A rank the mission almost a half dozen times...
>mfw
>cheese style points by jump/grapple canceling on a half dozen enemies
>get only 3 SSS combos throughout the mission
>S rank on first try

Why is this shit allowed...why is it actually harder to S rank missions on lower difficulties?

Attached: Screenshot_20181027-092700_Snapchat.jpg (488x590, 120K)

No. You just profaned something holy, bastardized something pure, defiled something sacred.

>tfw not cringe
Try to stinger the doppelganger. It dies fast. If you're playing as Nero a charged shot should oneshot him.

Attached: no orbs.png (938x68, 18K)

Nothing wrong with that. Part of the fun in DMC games is getting trashed and then getting skilled and beating bosses without much trouble.

Can someone post "Nero Fuck you" pic?

Welcome to neo/v/

>The way enemies are now in 5 is just Attack attack attack attack until it's dead
Want to know how I know you've never played a DMC game other than 5?

>without considering 3 the best game
5 exists.

The plot is really half baked and really needs to be fixed to give it more substance. It wasn't MGSV levels of bad, but it was getting there. The time skipping around didn't help the plot either since there was barely a plot at all and just felt gimmicky.

A lot of the levels didn't have much to do in them and a lot felt rushed towards the end, like recycling the summons as bosses, having V fight spectre versions of Cavaliere Angelo and company....etc.

Vergil SDT is fucking sick.
>the way he trembles to contain himself
Always loved this kind of power display; too strong to get his shit together and needs to punch something as soon as it activates.

Attached: vergilsin.png (386x424, 277K)

i would love for weapon swapping as dante to interrupt my attacks

Christ, will you fucking chill the hell out. You didn't make that clear you were talking about enemy behavior, you just said enemies and bosses are better, that doesn't necessarily translate to "they have better attack patterns".

I can kill it?

It's a great game but the postgame is fucking garbage right now. Higher difficulties aren't enough to incentivize me to keep playing after the main campaign, but bloody palace most certainly is. Too bad it's not available at launch.

Because they die too quickly and the trash random foes here and there earns you some C ranks that brings your down

From what I can tell mission ranks are based entirely on stylish points, which you accumulate more the longer you maintain you ranking, so enemies that live longer keep you in combat longer to gain more style points overall, leading to easier ranks.

I'm glad I got to play it, but... it really dropped off hard after Cavaliere Angelo.

Yes

that's a different copypasta you're remembering

The spectre fight was eh, but fighting V's summons was fucking cool. I absolutely love when you can fight against another "protagonist" character.

That, though I also figured V was sickly due to being the spawn of an uber-demon, meaning it was too much for his human side to handle, and since most demons require a summoning to come into the human realm, V was doomed to perish. Still, what we got was interesting, but I won't deny that V could have had a few more scenes to really bring his arc full circle.

That doesn't make you unable to roll r1 them, considering how free rolls and light weapon R1s are.
In fact, poise ain't shit because you just roll to the side and continue wailing on them
Or parry with the braindead easy timings both of those games have

Love that he has a tail too. Really fucking hyped to see how his SDT gameplay will turn out.

user from a previous thread here. Said I would try it out and buy it if I like it. Played for 30 minutes and bought it. Holy fuck this game is smooth as all fuck. My biggest complaint was the deluxe shit the pirate version contains. The new devilbringers spawning in at the first missions and starting with 100k orbs is a bit too much. I actually died at the big demons with axes, haven't died on DH in DMC since DMC3. My expectations are very much met. Just a shame I got spoilered in the last thread about Urizen and V being Vergil, but oh well. Still have new weapons to look forward to and still don't know how V plays exactly, so going to be fun as well.

DSD was in trailers.

this is the objective list I think

Have you only played it on DH? DMC games are never meant to be played through just once. I assume you keep all the new weapons on SoS and DMD. That's where the game gets good. DH is tutorial mode.

>there are people who actually thought the story was bad

Nigga please, the story was fucking fantastic after that blueballs nonsense in DMC4. Making Vergil the main antagonist is good because it gets to the fucking point instead of regurgitating the upteenth plot about some random human loser manipulating everyone to get cool demon powers.

Yeah, not a word about timings on those rolls. Just Roll, yeah. You're clearly hating souls. In group fights you have to thing about your positioning

How come Dante can't do million stab as long as he could in 3?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Eh, I liked it for the most part. It certainly felt the most substantial of any DMC game. First was just a 3D Castlevania without Dracula. Second was stopping discount Tekkan man from summoning his god. Third was just two retard brothers smacking their shit around. And the fourth was "We're pulling an MGS2, but not sucker punching the audience at the last second"

u should stfu child

>Higher difficulties aren't enough to incentivize me to keep playing
Why? Even Son of Sparda switches things up quite a bit, from enemy AI to placement.

He's old.

Honestly I would have loved a 3 way Dante vs V vs Nero fight.

Maybe in Bloody Palace

It's fun, but far from perfect.

You're robbing yourself of some of the best DMC has to offer. Enemies behave differently the hgiher the difficulty as well as having different enemy placements.

You're literally a brainlet if you can't see how the story is shit tier.

But 3 doesn't have Nero. 4 was too flawed to best 3, but this game has the best of both worlds. I still enjoy the setting/story of DMC3 more, but gameplay wise DMC5 wins for me.
And yes I'm an official boomer with Monster™

>Says the retard on purposefully talking like a newfag

Because it's the same level design and cutscenes. If I'm gonna keep playing, I want pure action all the way through and I'm afraid the only thing that can really offer me that is bloody palace.

So the only people who are complaining about nonagressive enemies are human/devilhunterfags right? On SoS and especially DMD they are on your ass 24/7 and have way more moves. My only complaint is SoS not being unlocked by default.

he's an autistic fanboy, what do you expect

>Way easier to get style on next playthrough because now I actually have moves
wow

Exactly. I honestly think the narrative is great and sets the right tone. Plus, 5's overall presentation is miles above anything the series has had previously. Like the cool credits that introduce every character/demon. Love that shit.

And yet he moves around like a man on a cocktail of LSD, meth, and coke blended with redbulls.

Give me one (1) reason why 3 is better than 5, without mentioning the story.

>story is cheesy
>live action is even cheesier
>both of them together are pure kino

Attached: 20190311183947_1.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

Yeah that's always the case in DMC. But I heard monsters don't have DT in this one. That's a fucking shame tbqh.

You really fucking don't need to time that shit for regular mobs, with how much stamina they cost (basically none), the distance they cover, and the sheer amount of i-frames they have. I platinumed both of those games, and I gotta say the easiest stratwgy in every non-boss fight was "equip straight sword/saw cleaver and just spam roll r1 r1 r1 r1 lmao"

Not an argument.

Fuck cramps, and fuck letting go of the left stick to change styles. I'm playing through SoS difficulty with my new controls and I'm having more fun than I've ever had. I can't wait for bloody palace

>redbulls
So close.

Attached: 15310522.png (1277x725, 1.45M)

>table hopper is 10 times harder than forward royalguarding
do i have brain issues?

Attached: 1540356570282.jpg (720x960, 91K)

Same thing, they're both shitty memedrinks

They're fucking nothing on SoS compared to 4 or 3. They're alright on DMD but DMD is unplayable

Enemies that actually do something

Nevan
Agni & Rudra

There's some vids on YouTube already

To be fair you have been royal guarding for 15 years.

WHERE THE BOSS SELECT MODE AT
JUST LET ME FIGHT TRISH ANGELO FFS

minor story and technical (UI/menu) issues aside it's the most well made game I've ever seen

>Fights his brother all his life
>Now that he is no longer fighting him he just sits there awkwardly
Dante signed up for months if not years together with him? What could they possibly talk about all this time

Attached: smiel.jpg (829x706, 98K)

Thing about 3 is that it has proper build up and climaxes though. You got to learn about Lady, Arkham, Vergil and how their relationships and played with them a bit. Lady tries to hold out hope for saving Arkham but learns he is totally irredeemable and it's all done really well. This contrasts well with Vergil and Dante, with Dante wanting to save Vergil but Vergil damns himself to the underworld after losing to Dante. There's themes at play here about filial relationships that mesh together and DMC5 doesn't have that at all, really. The only really good part was when Kyrie and Nero were talking about what he should do and how he wanted to handle things compared to how Dante wanted to handle Vergil

Only just begun, so not looking for tips for Dante and V, just Nero;
What's the best button layout in your opinion? In DMC4, I used to have guns to L1, so I could charge them easily mid-fight, while still being able to max-act reliably. I get the feeling that's not necessary here since you charge your guns for more shots.

Reminder that Itsuno fucking lied about their being "hidden weapons"

Honestly, this year's been off to a good start in my opinion. REmake2, KH3, and now this.

Pros:
>Most of the Devil Arms are fun and Nero feels like a much better realized character
>Just about every level has a boss fight
>Cavaliere
>All of Nico's cutscenes where she's driving the car
>Switching styles in the middle of fights as Dante feels so fucking cool
>V is a neat addition
>No forced platforming sections or stupid puzzles
>No evil pope and stuttering retard minion.
>All of the enemies fit thematically and aren't shit like scarecrow, knife fish, or demon plants.
Cons:
>Multiplayer isn't very well realized
>Ending is a bit underwhelming (Mission 20 I mean).
>Gold orbs given out like free candy
But those are all really just nitpicks. 9.5/10 game a da year

>What could they possibly talk about all this time
whose dick is bigger of course

>The story of Nero's conception
>his experience as Nelo Angelo
>where he got the new clothes from

From what I've seen on the concept art in Capcom's office, Dante is pretty much unparalleled in that regard

The first Kalina Ann is technically a hidden weapon, as is the weapon it unlocks when you combine it with the Kalina Ann the story gives you, Double Kalina Ann.

>KH3

Attached: 1513841377318.jpg (334x334, 155K)

You're spouting complete bullshit.

That's a lie. They do

user...
I've literally facerolled my way through the series since 2001, never even learned how to exceed, royalguarding was out of question for me back then with 4. This is the 1st game I ever decided to put the time into learning its intricacies. And right now everything feels like it'll actually take me as many years as we waited for DMCV to actually be decent.

Yeah, no, that doesn't fucking count.

I don't know, I think it made sense with how everyone acted in DMC5. Dante was tired of Vergil's bullshit, and knew his newfound powers from the tree of might couldn't be trusted to just leave the world alone. Certainly not the best plot in the series by far, but hardly the worst either.

>KH3

Attached: 1552327554077.png (1240x1031, 1.24M)

Why not?

>those awkward expressions he does while Dante is just sitting there reading his magazine
I love him

Story might have been a mess, but when isn't the plot in KH totally bonkers?

anyone finished dmd mode? whats the reward

Explain how instead of just non-arguments like "brainlet" and "you're lying, reee!" shit.

>17 year conclusion
>ends on sequel bait while heavily advertising a gacha
>forced happy endings for all at the detriment of the plot
>things just happen with no explanation or reason
>dropped plot points
>no FF characters despite them being important since KH1
>no stakes, most villains just become good guys
>constantly recapping the story throughout the game
>terrible worlds with nothing to offer that you explore for no reason
>most worlds are just gimmicky and soulless recaps
>13 year wait
>tons of bugs, cut content, visual errors, unreal 4 engine, reused bosses, a bunch of shitty remixes, final boss doesn’t even have a unique theme, messy loops and songs, you only hear the Scala theme for a few seconds, terrible box art, pointless extra playable characters, broken gameplay (Roxas, Ultima, Grandmagic, etc), shit story and forced unnatural dialogue, flashy zero substance combat, withholding content to release it as DLC, and overall a rushed experience
>less content than PS2, PSP, and DS games
>Fans and critics agree it didn’t live up to the hype
>Most outlets that wrote negative reviews didn’t give a score
>Foreign paid shills reviewing the game as perfect
>Even with the critic score being inflated on PS4 it’s at best a mediocre game
>Lowest user score out of any KH title released to date
>Critically reviewed lower than KH1, KH2, and BBS
>Reached lows of 78 critically and 6.9 user score
>Not a good KH game, let alone a good game

Attached: 1552242320493.png (1280x672, 384K)

>"Wait why did the Pope have a giant game board inside his demon statue?"

Attached: download (4).jpg (300x168, 6K)

I liked the destroyed city levels more than the Qlipoth ones. The apocalyptic setting was a neat change of pace from the usual dmc settings.

Nice copypasta.

Game demands money so I can keep playing
It was a decent spectacle fighter. Until I got to the flying boss. I got in with pretty low hp and died rather early. Option to revive in the middle of the fight? WTF? Sure. Spent a golden orb, whatever. But I died again when the boss was quite low. Not enough red orbs to revive again, no more golden orbs.

Start over from checkpoint, I will be full health, learned some of her attacks, might beat it now or in a few tries. What the actual...? I am low health...before a boss fight...with no means to heal. There is no manual save so I can't go a bit further back before I got hit. Oh I can buy red orbs with real money to revive and make my character more powerful.

Piece of shit p2w game.

Just waiting for angry fanboys foaming at the mouth to spam the thread with "i lold", "git gud", "its not p2w u tard cos i said so", "go grind red orbs" etc.

Dunno how you niggers don't like that game when every previous game before aside from KH2FM was literally terrible. It's the second best game in the series.

>A lot of his animations have that DmC sheathing time that I don't remember in 3 either.
That's because Vergil in 3 had a much smaller moveset, so he only had two attack that required it. Vergil in 3 only had a single combo whereas in 4, 5 and DmC he has three.

>Ah... yes. THAT woman, now I remember.
>What did I like about her?
Then it's just a long awkward silence as Nero expects some comments about his mother.

Lady and Trish are pointless, The setting is dull, V is easy and not fun. The story is melodramatic and forced.

kek is that from steam?

There's no point explaining yourself to a complete brainles who is spouting bullshit user.

You would know that if you weren't a brainlet.

You can just replay missions to grind orbs, mate. Not like it forces you to use the store to buy them.

based and whalepilled

lmao fuckin loser git gud

based, vergil went from being a total gem, even enough to sell the same game a 2nd time in a row to a shit meme.

It's still true.

Refer to

I too, have seen that steam post.

>Filtered by Artemis

Attached: 1546670759157.jpg (1043x987, 486K)

See? Was that really so hard to admit you have no argument?

You're right that it's inexcusable that it had those microtransactions. You also need to git CUHRAZY.

What's it like being braindead?

fuck lmao that's the steam one

No, it really isn't. But hey, you do you.

Attached: Sora after KH3.png (518x546, 146K)

Maybe

Attached: 124215121.jpg (1318x976, 514K)

That's a relief.

>V isn't fun to play as.
Name a more NPC opinion.

Attached: NPC.png (636x773, 8K)

What's it like having no actual argument?

3 lacks asian kino

Attached: 20190311184656_1.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

This. Complaining about them palling about is pretty moot when Vergil's last plot already killed hundreds.

But they're both soulful. DMC5 would be soulless if it tried doing everything like DMC3. Instead it chose to be its own thing.

NEW THREAD

He could have used a few moves to himself when the familiars are stalemated, and when you lose them and have to pick only one for the boss rehashes.

>

Attached: 1552127192703.png (628x552, 504K)

Isn't that from DmC, m8?

Vergil 2 is legitimately easy to be cuhrayzee with and S rank from combos and taunts alone. His moveset is fantastic, and requires/allows just as much "skill" as Vergil in 5. It's the best fight in the game bar none.

It was ripped off from Bayonetta by DmC.

>Nero doing his usual DT pose but also flipping off Vergil at the same time
>not soul

>climbing up a tower-like structure to fight Vergil at the top
DMC5 is literally just the first third of 3.

No, it's past your bedtime.

Attached: 20190308203413_1.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

Keep guns on LB for nero, you'll understand why eventually

yeah it got pretty bad

this game really needs a special edition to flesh out the main campaign