How do you play your stealth games Yea Forums?

How do you play your stealth games Yea Forums?

Attached: stealth.png (1450x500, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghostbin.com/paste/zutnb
ghostbin.com/paste/u89nf
ghostbin.com/paste/76qpu
pastebin.com/EunUseBw
youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ghost, except I don't miss any items.

commando 100%

I still have nightmares about that retarded red faction office building level where you just HAD TO be stealthy for 3 levels because there wasn't enough ammo to kill everyone

I think it's poor design to not let you go commando mode if you want (an example of good design was capek's secret lab in the same game where you could choose to pick up the lab coat and try to sneak past guards or just not pick it up and murder everyone)

None of the above
>murder the first guard in the cheesiest spot u can find
>bonus points if game has corpse physics
>abuse shitty ai to create a "huh?" then backstab cycle until the building is clear
>proceed to just clear the location of all the goodies

The predator because I can't bear the thought of missing something. I refuse to use walk-throughs though because that takes the joy out of finding things to begin with

Ninja

The predator. My autism refuses to allow me to miss collectibles.

>I think it's poor design to not let you go commando mode
I think it's the opposite really, the game should focus 100% on combat or stealth, if you try to do both you usually end up with lackluster combat and stealth.

Ghost or Predator but I'd like to do Burglar more often

Predator/Ninja

Attached: 1493936972956.jpg (594x552, 50K)

Predator.,will absolutely avoid killing enemies but wont be kicking myself if need to from time to time.
Wont never ever engage in full combat tho,will only restart if i fuck up big time,save scumming defeats all the purpose of stealth games.

Commandochad

burglar/predator
save scumming a stealth game ruins half the fun

Why would a ninja avoid kills but Batman wouldn't?

that's a valid point, I wouldn't mind rewriting that as
>it's poor design choice to try and force stealth elements into commando games
since I don't actually play stealth-focused games like the thief series

my niggers

Attached: 1537608436169.png (441x603, 1.02M)

Burglar. Playing ghost killed Dischonored 2 for me.

Ghost except I don't savescum, if I get seen I simply start the level over.
It always disappoints me whenever a stealth game comes out and doesn't support a no kills/no knockouts/no detections playthrough.

The burglar. I try to play stealth, but half the time I fuck up and have to end guerilla style.

The Predator and the Commando in one. Stealth games are fun but nothing more American than walking in guns blazing
thats sarcasm by the way

ghost or commando

ninja, but burglar is very fun

because batman killed a ninja warlord

Predator, each time.

I always try to play Hitman as the Burglar but I suck shit at stealth so usually it just ends up in me killing the entire level to make sure there are no witnesses, at which point it just becomes a horror simulator with me trying find some poor NPC trying to hide from me.

How do you guys feel about the save mechanic in Hitman?
On one hand i hate that the game rellies on it too much since its enfuriating to play 30 minutes of a mission just to do a minor mistake and screw up everything,but at the same time giving limited saves prevents you from save scumming.

Attached: Hitman.jpg (740x450, 33K)

predator ftw

Just don't make mistakes.

it's a PC game it never hindered the experience for me.
Classical loads just take longer and kill my will to play.

I kill everyone. I go out of my way to make sure that absolutely everyone is dead. Ideally without being spotted, but that's not always possible.

Burglar, whatever happens happens.

if the stealth gameplay is good enough either ghost or predator
if the gameplay is some bland and boring shit like in the last of us i usually just switch to the easiest difficulty and go commando just to see how the storyline gets me

Attached: 1445353137424.jpg (315x315, 17K)

Having "The" in front of every type makes it look TVtropes tier cringeworty

Ghost/Predator.

I'll go for ghost if I can actually nab everything, but typically most games end up being Predator.

Regardless, only way to play is 0% detection.

Burglar, I guess? I always aim for ghost, but I don't save scum and whatever happens, happens. I'll often go back later and try to ghost as many levels as I can.

Why did you enter a thread dedicated specifically to stealth games?

Ninja/ burglar

Since we're having a stealth game thread I'll just post the best stealth game ever made

Attached: Thief_II_-_The_Metal_Age_Coverart.png (252x306, 104K)

>admitting to being underaged
Enjoy your ban kiddies

That's not Thief Gold, user

Because this is Yea Forums and everyone here is so self-centered that agreeable posts that fall in line with the topic will rarely be replied or expanded upon, so if someone doesn't throw in some conflict somewhere, the thread will just fade away and die in a corner.

The Predator on easier levels, burglar when I get stuck

I think it sucks more stealth games aren't actually designed around sneaking, but just getting behind people one by one and shanking the shit out of them(obligatory option for stabbing them to death non-lethally included) and then piling them all in a dumpster so you can hop around like a retard and grab whatever you wanted.
The most ridiculous was human revolution with its achievements. Ghost, and they're all jerking you off with how nobody even caught a glance of you. No fucking shit they didn't, there were no survivors.

Burglar-esque. Fuck planning, fuck taking it slow, I bull-rush through each level, only slowing down if enemies need to walk by. Usually no knockouts or killing unless I'm absolutely cornered.

>HURR YOU MUST PLAY GAME LIKE ME
get fucked zoom zoom

>state that you're 12
>start typing in all caps when someone says you'll get banned for doing so jokingly
You really are 12 you angsty faggot

>"is literally 12 years old"
>100% me

The Predator

@454125551
Seething

Metal Age is superior and you know it
Now go ahead and defend that shithole Bonehoard like we both know you're going to do

coz commandos don't give a fuck and we just kick in whatever doors we want OKAY

Mutt

To answer OP, full ghost was fun in Thief Gold, only ever did it in the first mission though.
My normal playthroughs usually involved black jack when necessary and just regular ghost when I could so probably more like The Ninja on this image.

Attached: the batman.jpg (251x353, 18K)

y i k e s
how embarrassing to be reduced to posting like this

Ninja

what if I make sure to kill every single enemy without beeing seen once?

You shouldn't subject yourself to seeing posts that bad. One word and the kid manages to trip two filters.
>pepes/wojaks/eceleb image hashes'
ghostbin.com/paste/zutnb
ghostbin.com/paste/u89nf
ghostbin.com/paste/76qpu
>text filters
pastebin.com/EunUseBw

Now you got me in an inconvenient position because I have no idea how to ask you what the fuck is your problem with Bonehoard without you replying "aha! Told ya"

Ghost or Commando. Commando is fucking fun in some games when there is a large weapon variety (Hitman), but shit in games like Splinter Cell.

Burglar here.
There were sections in MGS4 where the game expected me to play cat and mouse with some stalkers, I whipped out a shotgun and mercilessly killed them all, fucking up with my stealth score at that point (which was super easy).
Do not fuck with the Burglar.

Just give a game over when spotted instead of bad endings, being locking out of story content and other discouragements of commando play. At least it's honest.

Fair point

Sounds like we found the real underage cancer.

aha! Told ya

See? That's what I'm talking about

There's stealth in a Metal Gear game?

Have you never played a Metal Gear game before?

Mixed bag, really. I try to explore as much as I can with the minimum of detection and savescumming. If the game has a chance of turning into epic fuckup cascades (Thief), I will take care to knock out every guard and stash their bodies somewhere safe. If things do go haywire, I go Burglar-mode.

I never play stealth games and avoid them, no matter how great they are. Stealth doesn't suck, I admit I'm just bad at it and this approach is against my nature. The only stealth games I played and finished were Dishonored, MGS 2 and 3, but I sucked shit even there.

Dude you're so fucking stealthy you avoided the entire game

I just walk through the level headshotting everyone to death. Sneaking is retarded scripted garbage

preferably ghost, otherwise ninja

I'm the Burglar. I try to be stealthy but if things go pear-shaped I usually just roll with it.

You know, saying that you are underage is actually beneficial for you. We're giving you the benefit of doubt and say you are underage. Because otherwise you would simply be a fucking retard.

Custom
>Wants to explore every nook and cranny
>No kills, no alerts, completely undetected
>Will use knockouts when necessary, minimize them if they're temporary (might full ghost for a re-run if it seems like a fun challenge)
>Savescums like an absolute motherfucker

Batman

Predator for the most part

predator/commando first play through
ninja second
ghost third

Also ninja/Batman descriptions should be reversed, the ninja description fits the Batman role better

Checkmate, atheists.

Commandofag if I don't actually like the game
Burglar if I enjoy it.

I was burglar for MYSV. but a commando for lots of other things

I was a ghost in Oblivion and Skyrim tho.

I like when game give me an option to kill everyone on map, it's hilarious when your target in unarmed so after everyone is dead you can confront him and he run away screaming for help that will never come, kinda like horror movie but you're the killer.

>Like Dishonored
>big flaw of the series for me is that you're punished for killing so you won't use half your gear/powers if you don't want a shit ending
>Death of the Outsider comes out
>not only does away with that system but also has a level where your bonus objective is to kill everyone on the map

Attached: 1442677296333.jpg (1440x1080, 127K)

The ninja, I prefer non lethal but will kill if I have to.

You can't be detected if there is no one alive to detect you.

Attached: Eversor_Assassin_01.jpg (523x540, 34K)

fucking predator. Better go back and down that last remaining guard or he might might might just fuck things up later.
Also an area is only complete if the last black on a possible map is gone and the last crate is opened.

The last two I played involved throwing grenades at a tank and running up a stairwell mowing down an army of soldiers pre-alerted to the player's presence, getting into a firefight that the protagonist started in a cutscene instead of even trying to be stealthy, and using the worst AA-missile system ever invented to have a prolonged surface-to-air fight with a vtol fighter.

Predator but I will go out of my way to kill each and every enemy and then joyfully run around since no-one is alive to detect me

brute forcing a stealth game is fun though

Commando except fighting is easy because most stealth games are baby-tier garbage.

Predator, always.

The only problem with Death of The Outsider is that since it did away with the murder restrictions, that influenced the level design. No player is given even the option of playing in full stealth due to the fact that canonically the main character doesn't give a shit who lives or dies. Even Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches gave the player that option even though you play as someone canonically even more ruthless.

Ghost > ninja > everything else

Ninja and Ghost = the thinking man's choices.

Attached: 1542946488500.jpg (125x172, 10K)

Ghost but I -will- find a way to get any item.

Ninja

Which is the one that lets me wear a monkey mask and a twirling around a lit torch while fucking around with unaware guards

It's missing the Professional option.
-Is primarily concerned about completing the main objective at all costs
-Attempts to remain completely undetected
-Never saves the game
-Knocks out threats that pose a risk and are in the way
-If compromised, quickly and quietly kills the alerted enemies to keep witnesses to a zero and residual impact at a minimum

Attached: 47 angery.jpg (471x535, 19K)

the burglar, but only if the game is well designed for this

The Predator.

It's so much fun in Dishonored 2.

this guy gets it
yeah okay buddy

Attached: e7Vbb.jpg (1920x1200, 366K)

Option 7: Nyarlathotep
>Knows the engine and NPC behavior so deeply it becomes more of a playground than a challenge
>Doesn't even give a fuck about the actual level objective - fucking with the system IS the object
>Gets guards to behave in ridiculous ways on the fringes of their intended programming
>Rounds everyone up in a single place, tosses objects at their heads, gets them stuck in perpetual KO/Wake-up loops, knocks them all over in a domino, avoids detection through pixel-perfect manipulation of line-of-sight...etc.
If you're not playing this way are you really playing stealth games?
youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds

>Have you never played a Metal Gear game before?
A typical MGS game has dozens of unavoidable combat setpieces and boss fights. How is that 'stealth'?

Attached: 1552167632268.jpg (550x549, 39K)

guess i can call myself a Predator
altough years of playing MGS also gave a habit of making sure to clean up or hide my mess

Predator but I never kill even in games where there isn't a no killing rule.

Thief > all other stealth games

The Predator. I was Commando for MGS4 though, I was sick of that game.

The Groundhog Day:
>playing on hardest difficulty, so there's no mid-level saves and armed conflict most likely leads to player death
>learning routes of guards, beneficial scenarios that could be played out, locations of useful items during consecutive plays

Attached: groundhog.jpg (101x53, 2K)

I prefer to go Burglar mode but I usually end up doing Predator mode cause these days games all tend to pull the same bullshit
>You can play however you want!
>But if you dont play it this specific way (no alerts/nonlethal, usually) you dont get the good rewards/endings

>Snake Eater 2nd playthrough.webm

this
bonehoard is peak ludo

Predator
I take my time to explore the entire level, wouldn't want to miss out on content.

Predator on first playthrough, burglar on second.

Ninja first run. I played MGS4 as a Walkthrough fag and I'll never make that mistake again.

Reluctantly.

ghost/ninja

I savescum to get no alerts but I also knock enemies out to make things easier

People don't want to admit it, but this is the only strategy that is possible to use when trying to 100% Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Too many guard movement patterns are directly tied to scripted conversations that the player needs to trigger at specific times in order to make it to that single window of opportunity when it's possible to make it past undetected. All you can do is try and try again until you eventually find that one specific sequence of actions that take you from the beginning to the end.

This is missing the kill-happy predator playstyle

you mean commando

Ninja.
That's how I play MGS, but I suck at stealth so I get detected all the time despite tremendous efforts to the opposite.

But commando gets caught

ghost but without "no kills"

I think an archetype missing here is the sniper, you shoot everyone from a far and once everyone is dead or asleep you just walk through the level regularly.

Deadass I play as the ninja.

Ninja

Sometimes Predator

I'm The Predator that transforms into The Burglar if things go south.

Ninja/Ghost depending on game
Predator if I'm replaying

What do you call it when I've knocked out 20 guards by leading them all to the same closet and stuffed all of them in the air vents?

First playthrough burglar

Second ghost

Third with silly limits/unintended playstyles like going commando through everything, even sections where if you're spotted you're intended to die.

If a game has stealth I just see it as an option to fuck with the enemies before I kill them all.

Burglar everytime I play a Hitman level for the first time.
>try to play as stealthy as possible
>eventually fuck up
>try to switch disguises
>get compromised with the only disguise in range and have to kill a couple hundred goons

>if there's any amount of non-stealth then its not a stealth game

I don't know m8, i try to play stealth as much as i can but if some fag sees me and he is too far for me to knock him out i just kill him

Burglar. Games like PD2 are a lot of fun if you take in account fuck ups.

Burglar all the way. I’m not good at perfectly playing stealth. I just go at it and make due.

Attached: CE8A8154-6712-4F6A-8FE5-A5E5DA21A91A.jpg (620x413, 52K)

I play burglar but motivated by the motherfucking loot. Loot above all else, even if well guarded. If you ain't maximizing your profits you're in the wrong career path, son.

Half the fun is being over your head, fucking up your plan and fleeing like a crazy fucker from everyone out to get you.

I'm the ninja. I feel bad for killing guards and soldiers. They're just doing their job after all

>game about thieving
>go tomb raiding in zombie-infested catacombs instead

Non-human enemies in these games are boring as shit and you know it, especially slow moving zombies

Exactly. The game sets the rules, the player either follows them or fails. But the game does not enforce that failure state on the player. That is literally the definition of Ludonarrative Dissonance. If there's there are two ways to play and one of them is final, as in you can't recover from it, but the other one is optional and you can switch from it to the other, then it's unacceptable to force that other way. Once you're detected, you can't be un-detected. But when you're undetected, it's perfectly possible for you to get detected if you want.

ghost until i get to frustersted than ninja

*correction: Removed part of the post but kept the definition part. The definition of Ludonarrative Dissonance is the character doing something in a cutscene that the player would not do in gameplay, for example get detected in a stealth game.

Ghost ninja burglar

Predator because I don't want to miss stuff and clearing out areas is fun. I hate timed knockouts. (Still mostly used the stun gun in MGS though)

Predator/burglar.

>getting this upset over banter
the image said "literally 12 years old" and they're having fun with you, fucking autist

predator because autism, wish I was more burglar type

Somewhere in the middle between Predator and Burglar.

Predator because I'm an obsessive fag who ruins his own fun.
Wish I could be a Burglar / Commando.

i avoid playing them since they often reward a certain playstyle more. ghost might be rewarded more than if i played like a burglar or ninja.

Predator/Ninja Hybrid.

The Burglar/Predator.
Sadly I think no game caters to me, they are horribly imba. Stealth games either operate on the "if you are detected it is faster/easier to just die than try anything" system or the "congrats you were detected, the level is now 10x easier and faster to runthrough" system. And usually both still have god awful combat. This is why nonstealth games often have better stealth than actual stealth games. MGS3 was the only "stealth" game where I felt incentized to stealth, but still made an edge of seat attempt to get through anyway.

Predator except strict no killing. Only faggots kill in stealth games.

Saboteur/Infiltrator. Go stealthy until I'm in an advantageous position to wreak havoc. If I can lay mines or traps on chokepoints beforehand, even better. Being able to hack turrets or robots to kill enemies is another big plus.

underated
not him but i agree with you its not what i want in the game (playing through theif for the first time) but you can deny how good that level is with atmosphere
sasoing hitman

and everyone clapped

Silent Assassin or bust.

>play a stealth game
>try to actually remain undetected and avoid enemies, knocking them out when needed and just save scumming when caught
>get bored
>decide to knock out/kill everyone, actually use the tools at my disposal as much as possible, and only reload when dead instead
>have way more fun
>mfw some autistic faggot said I played the game wrong

Attached: 1453670859601.jpg (792x558, 96K)

What's it called when you like to knock everyone unconscious so you could collect their bodies and drown them in pools, roast them in fire places, or just keep them sealed up in lockers?

Burglar is the most authentic and kino of all playthroughs. It's where the most memorable moments happens, when you try to finagle you're way out of errors. Roleplaying games aren't fun when everything happens according to a script, unless that script is impressive to execute.

Rewarded in what way? The mission has the same loot and objectives regardless of how you play usually.

Burglar sounds the closest, but what it really is is trying to sneak and being caught until I give up and just start murdering everyone.

retardation because no vidya is realistic enough to make that satisfying

the reward can be intangible. for example in deus ex human revolution, you would be rewarded more XP for stealthily and nonlethally completing the action segments.

For me it was the other way around. When I learned to knock out enemies in Thief 1, after that all I did was clobber everyone in the level. I played the trilogy all the way through until I decided to try not knocking out anyone at all. I discovered that I had basically removed half of the stealth experience by emptying the levels from all threats. I would just run and bunnyhop all over the place exploring everything without a care in the world. But when I started leaving enemies alone, then every area of the level retained its excitement.

Predator/Ninja, I rarely kill but I will waste a lot of time stalking and exploring

The ninja, except I will attempt to kill everything in my path if possible.

Attached: 1547488535023.png (1500x882, 456K)

That's not intangible. XP unlocks your abilities. And for the record I dislike any kind of unlocks or ability progression in stealth games. If at the start of your game your character's ability to remain undetected is worse than at the end, then you're basically spending every moment of the game getting used to a game mechanic that ends up changing anyway and by the time you've got the maximum tier ability the game is over. The only good stealth game starts your character off as skilled as he's going to be for the rest of the game, so that all of their proficiency is the player's skill being applied.
Also Human Revolution's stealth XP is bullshit anyway because kills give you little XP, knockouts give you more XP, and completely avoiding all kills, knockouts and detections gives you... less XP than killing everyone.

>First try/Tryhard playthroughs

Ghost/Predator/Ninja.

>I just want to fuck around because I know the game now
Commando but actually good

I did this in Hitman & Deus Ex. After I get SASO ranks in Hitman, unless I'm going for a challenge, I like to do a quick pistol kill on a lone guard blocking my path and hide the body. It feels cool as hell after taking out a target, quickly headshotting some poor waiter that stumbles across the scene.

Attached: 1531929021352.jpg (356x376, 60K)

Predator with a lot of savescumming.

Like Sasuke Uchiha.

Predator but i kill every single guard but no civilians

Burglar but I always attempt to be a ninja on playthroughs.

Attached: 1550258826421.jpg (882x1022, 68K)

Burglar

Attached: nuclear.jpg (611x458, 20K)

You should add quicksaving faggotry to the baby one.

Yeah, some guards are really hard to predict without some savescumming involved. Overall the first titles of this franchise suffer a lot from this.

Predator represent.

Attached: Mark of the Ninja terrorizing guards.webm (852x480, 2.84M)

My goddamn nigga.

If it's an amazing and replayable game then everything but walkthroughfag. Otherwise Ninja or Burglar

Man I need to replay this game, best modern take on the genre imo.

Predator is for casual fags

80% Burglar

20% Predator

I must admit, nothing like slicing a guards throat clsoe to other enemies and then quickly hiding and fading away

BURGLAR

nigger pls go

Attached: 1534520081564.jpg (992x880, 157K)

Now's a good time, it got a free 4k remaster.

This is how I played the splinter cell games.

Combination between ghost and predator. I savescum literally everything but I don't leave items or secrets behind.

also when there is nothing left of your to detect...

splinter cell chaos theory: the interrogator
make everyone talk and then choke hem out and let their sleeping asses litter the level

Predator or Ninja I suppose, depending on the game.

I really wish the sequel didn't riff so hard off Deadpool, but it's still fun. Think I enjoyed the first one more though, even with the level rehashing.

Attached: Styx_as_he_appears_in_Master_of_Shadows.jpg (736x882, 84K)

Thief makes it fun though. Realism doesn't matter when a game has soul.

>Commando but actually good
No

Ghost
Always ghost

>No lethal predator
I like putting bodies in obvious places and letting the AI get paranoid

Depends.

Most stealth sections don't have rare shit anywhere. I will just ghost and get the level done. I don't give a fuck about achievements.

Mix between predator and burglar.

The Batman games were the first to use the term "predator" to describe and design around thorough heeming of all enemies followed by investigation of the world.

Ninja, but I will go predator if I have a big reason to

Somewhere between Ninja and Predator. I cut my teeth on stealth with Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter, so I approach every stealth game like alerting guards = death = restarting the entire fucking section. New age stealth games are fucking trivial because of this. Unfortunately, it also makes me turbo autistic in games like Fallout and TES and I find myself being overly cautious even when playing a character with retarded high survivability and firepower.

The Judge, Jury, and Executioner
kill any enemy that has it coming, spare the rest

Ninja but with 100% completion autism.

i ghosted through MGSV with proximity and attention alerts turned off
that included no thrown mags or shots to distract
fucking fun experience

the predator is me. I'm willing to wait one hour in real time if I have to in order to pick off a guard in dense population.

Attached: gc242.jpg (640x566, 48K)

Predator absolutely but i'll go ninja if the people there aren't entirely bad

Ninja/Predator. MGS2 encourages that sort of a playstyle.

ghost/ninja.
I've never beaten MGS 5 becaue I refuse to reload checkpoint. I don't like savescumming so every level takes me forever.

>being seen means instant self-inflicted gameover
>doesn't want to miss anything so will try to explore every possible area until he gets too fed up with it
>hates himself for never fighting or continuing when guards are alerted
>cannot stop playing this way for some reason

>Commando
I never touch a game that even has stealth sections.
Stealth is shit and boring in its current form. Just look at the state of AI.

Ghost/Predator but I grab everything regardless of which playstyle I'm currently using. I've played through Mark of the Ninja 4 times and I still refuse to use anything besides Path of Silence and Warrior

Ghost+Ninja+Burglar

Attached: 1534567496758.jpg (480x400, 47K)

Rape man is the only way to play.

Predator, but knockout is fine. Fuck leaving things behind.

I am the predator.

Alright I have a question for you lads.
In a game like Dishonored/Deus Ex where you get all these cool tools to murder/incapacitate people why do developers push ghost bonuses which are usually just hiding and save scumming?

Predator/Burglar