When will we get a Xenoblade Chronicles remaster with updated character models like Takahashi originally intended?

When will we get a Xenoblade Chronicles remaster with updated character models like Takahashi originally intended?

Attached: uo7k1ugcus311.jpg (2048x1756, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobygames.com/game/wii/xenoblade-chronicles/credits
youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/76226011
youtube.com/watch?v=yCo78e53uUc&
youtube.com/watch?v=hZgZzn-Gv58
youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M
xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/ITM_Orb.html
youtube.com/watch?v=H-P_QHBzTwk
youtube.com/watch?v=75YyJ9FQnMI
youtube.com/watch?v=B1xE4zPzP4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CDxY6Xv2yTI
youtube.com/watch?v=P9kLM5DLKgY
youtube.com/watch?v=dTq1MwdocqM
youtube.com/watch?v=PGkPEDFRgng
youtube.com/watch?v=4ffMspQdbRA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sujz66VsHWU
youtube.com/watch?v=WNRnFvPny4g
youtube.com/watch?v=OfS1nWtqZwU
youtube.com/watch?v=EUK6tJMlGI8
youtube.com/watch?v=n10VyIRJj58
youtube.com/watch?v=JwDE-hVPh_A
youtu.be/jaL_HcxYTHY
twitter.com/CatWithABrush/status/1105216424363024386
youtube.com/watch?v=RDMWp1oLoA0
techraptor.net/content/monolith-soft-opens-new-studio-in-iidabashi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like the rough ugly look of the original

left soul right soulless. they should remake chronicles 1 and 2 with X's character models. to make all the xeno tertiaries mad.

soulless vs soulless

>smashfags think the fishfaced fuck on the left is good

the original artstyle is so much better than the 2nd games

fuck off zanza

>baby face is any better

The right looks like shit though

I actually like the semi-anime look on the left more, the right looks too generic anime.

It's Radiant Historia all over again!

Keked

Attached: 1532266789851.png (500x576, 349K)

If they ever remake Xenoblade, they should just redo the models in the original style. Tanaka's art is great and all, but it doesn't need to be used for everything.

"For the original Xenoblade Chronicles game, this character design artwork simply didn’t exist; all we had were costume designs for the clothing the characters wore. This meant we were forced to create the CG character models to fit those costume designs. And what’s more, the only artwork released of those characters were retouched versions of their CG models – there was no concept art to speak of, not like this at any rate."
Xenoblade's always been anime but they were probably understaffed during development of XC1 (and also 2)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

And yet the designs in 1 turned out better than any other Xeno game. In fact, 1 isn't even a Xeno game

Based modelers.

does somebody have the webm where Melia gets friendzoned before The Mechanis Core?

Attached: 1542085028285.webm (960x540, 1.91M)

thank you based user

Attached: 1513750250459.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Now that's a fucking lie.

Attached: 1548656783348.png (1559x467, 1.44M)

He's talking about the starting outfits, not optional armor.

>Not liking spiky Riki.

That's actually X

Attached: 1551633199119.png (238x288, 111K)

The longer you wait, the better it will look. Give it three more gens and you will get movie level models.

EVERYBODY HERO TIME!

Attached: rikixeno.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

did he pat her thighs too?

XD

Punch-Out Wii looks better than this and it came out like 2 years before, no excuses.

Right is how the game was supposed to look, it wasn't supposed to be a ugly soulless piece of shit like the left

Why are people even saying that the image on the right is souless? It's the same artstyle that was used for the first Xeno game

Attached: images.jpg (151x333, 10K)

NTR when its on the girl feels so good.

That's to be expected from almost every other game on the Wii, Xenoblade 1 is one of the games with the largest environments on the system.

Attached: 1531973749447.jpg (3000x1227, 1.61M)

Smash secondaries know jack shit about Xeno

I played through this part earlier today for the first time and it's so fucking funny and sad at the same time
Melia deserves better

Unironically because most people here aren't aware of Tanaka or haven't played Gears or Saga to recognize his art contribution to the series. Basically just a bunch of secondaries spouting brainless commentary. The right looks better than the left any day, and Takahashi downright admitted that XC1 didn't have a proper artist to design shit for. I can't wait for the inevitable XC1 remaster years from now.

Attached: Tanaka_Shulk_Fiora.jpg (900x900, 157K)

They're both canonically soulless.

Attached: 1522508665241.jpg (720x810, 138K)

see

Is that official art? Happen to have more?

Besides the one I just posted, this is the only other artwork of Shulk and Fiora that I've seen by Tanaka. They look better and more defining than the originals any day. No amount of people spamming the "soulless" meme can change that.

Attached: XC2 Shulk Fiora.png (1665x1200, 1010K)

Shulk always looked like a bootleg Tidus tbqh

What I don't understand is the fact that FFXII was a open-world game on the PS2 and it didn't have character models as ugly as the ones from a hub-based wii game.

These looks so nice. I hope Tanaka's doing the character desings for the next Monolith game as well

I don't like the noses.

>Budget Wii title that was never expected to get so popular
>Vs.
>A billion dollar franchise established for years and run by Squeenix
Gee user, I wonder.

I think he was supposed to look like Luke Skywalker

There is no "supposed to look". They still don't have a permanent character designer.
So until they hire one (which they are currently doing) they don't have a characteristic artstyle.

Funny thing is that Melia is now a Who-girl so the character is too expensive to ever bring back. Melia is dead.
It's like the universe hates her.

Attached: 1522394296616.jpg (1024x1280, 115K)

That isn't a excuse, Monolith had all the support from Nintendo. They even allowed Takahashi more time to finish the game.

Nigga look like Luke skinwalker

Budget is the biggest excuse to ever exist.

I'm actually glad Tanaka decided to put noses on his designs unlike some artists who draw a line here and a dot there and are done.
Same, I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten any news on who Takahashi chose as Monolith's head artist yet. I guess when they unveil the Fantasy title?

Shulk is soulless since he was like 5 but Fiora will always be soulful.

It was a matter of priorities from the development team probably. With more time they could have used higher quality models for cutscenes, in X and Xenoblade 2 they have multiple LoD models for your party and the skells.

Attached: 1528501089835.jpg (500x600, 296K)

It's downright budget user. Are you implying that they gave Takahashi a massive amount of funding for XC1? They didn't. They simply gave him an excess of time, but even then the game was incomplete.

>Shulk is soulless since he was like 5 but Fiora will always be soulful.
I see what you did there.. I like you user.

Attached: 1551249274341.jpg (512x512, 50K)

what are you smoking? XBC had huge open fields while ff12 had small as fuck tunnel maps.

>Same, I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten any news on who Takahashi chose as Monolith's head artist yet. I guess when they unveil the Fantasy title?
We probably aren't going to learn until the new artist actually works on a game.
The first Xenoblade is definitely a complete game, what?

>that hair antenna
Yuck

Attached: 1551684862049.jpg (760x1004, 152K)

>>Budget Wii title that was never expected to get so popular
Xenoblade Chronicles has longer credits than most triple-A RPGs from that era:

mobygames.com/game/wii/xenoblade-chronicles/credits

And it came out in 2010, and it somehow has worse looking faces than an RPG from 2004 made by a small niche developer who had never made a 3D game before.

Attached: 70.jpg (760x305, 20K)

Not him, but it was likely their priorities. This was their first time creating such an expansive JRPG and they likely put emphasis on the world and story over everything else.

>What I don't understand is the fact that FFXII was a open-world game on the PS2

>linear MMO hubs
>open-world

Attached: 1552167632268.jpg (550x549, 39K)

>Soracuck
Yikers

It feels like budget/personnel issues have always been there with every game Monolith's made, especially Xenogears and Xenoblade 1 and 2. Xenogears was just hell for the developers and almost half of Monolith's staff was working on BotW during the development of XC2

>What I don't understand is the fact that FFXII was a open-world game on the PS2 and it didn't have character models as ugly as the ones from a hub-based wii game.
Uh-huh.

Attached: vaan-victoria-beckham.jpg (437x283, 26K)

The noses are great, though. Tanaka's one of the last remaining anime artists who doesn't draw bowl jaws in side profiles.

Attached: elements.jpg (1000x750, 153K)

Thanks I hate it

Attached: 1406672341235.jpg (250x205, 25K)

>XC1 remaster
>Tanaka on the designs
>Bionis Shoulder is a complete area that you access between Makna Forest and Eryth Sea to give you a proper sense of progression instead of simply being warped to the Eryth Sea
>Obligatory Zohar scene to give it a real connection to XC2
>More backstory on the giants and other lore
>Less tedious Affinity boosting to max out your character links
It'd be glorious.

Attached: 1551126262046.png (435x435, 317K)

I just don't think Tanaka's art transitions well to 3D at all. XBC in my opinion did a really good job working with what they had to make the art style work, while I didn't really like the look of XBCX or XBC2 all of the time.

To be fair, VTMB facial expressions are unmatched to this day even by AAA western shit

>The first Xenoblade is definitely a complete game, what?
Nope.
>youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY
There's an entire area missing.

xs3 was peak of translating the style to 3d.

>spend tons of hours and development resources on designing characters with a billion belts, zippers and other extraneous details and graphical flourishes
>put so little effort in faces that they look flatter and more emotionless than a wojak
Great priorities they have at Monolith Soft

Attached: 1552074775995.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

Speaking of character designs, I wish they'd gone with this design for Nia

Attached: IMG_20190311_223226.jpg (4608x2176, 2.4M)

That's used in cutscenes

>X
Tried a more realistic approach with it's art style and it didn't mesh well with Tanaka's art.
>XC2
For the first time managed to properly handle Tanaka's art style, and it looked perfectly fine.

There's also Xenosaga 3 which did an amazing job, but that's another story.

CHOCO is great, I don't know why Takahashi doesn't pick him as an official artist

The level of detail of the models were a conscious decision from the development team to allow them to render such expansive areas at an acceptable framerate in that kind of hardware.
Also comparing absolute credits sized from two different games doesn't give you too much information, for example half of the Xenoblade credits are for European Localization and sound alone, things that aren't even tangentially related to designing the polygonal complexity of the assets in every environment.

>XC2
>For the first time managed to properly handle Tanaka's art style, and it looked perfectly fine.

Attached: 1539529106880.jpg (974x691, 506K)

Content gets cut during development all the time. If that's your hallmark of an incomplete game, then the majority of games are incomplete.

>>Less tedious Affinity boosting to max out your character links
Oh yeah, that's what I don't like about the game at all. I'm playing through it for the first time (near the end), and I hate how the heart-to-hearts work in this game. I don't think I've been able to watch any heart to hearts the first time I've discovered them. Felt so awkward to fast travel back to the early areas just to watch them

Tanaka didn't design these

Which is odd. It's featured in cutscenes which signifies that it should have been an explorable area based on the footage people have uploaded since it's in the game's code, but it's not accessible. XC1 was definitely unfinished. Not bashing it or anything, it just needed a little more time.
>CHOCO
He's amazing, but I prefer him on Mechs. His character designs are too loli esque.

If you're going to participate in an argument, you should at least try to have an idea of what's actually being discussed.

>comparing absolute credits sized from two different games doesn't give you too much information, for example half of the Xenoblade credits are for European Localization and sound alone, things that aren't even tangentially related to designing the polygonal complexity of the assets in every environment.
I specifically excluded those in my comparison.

>The level of detail of the models were a conscious decision from the development team to allow them to render such expansive areas at an acceptable framerate in that kind of hardware.

Doesn't make sense considering:
>spend tons of hours and development resources on designing characters with a billion belts, zippers and other extraneous details and graphical flourishes
>put so little effort in faces that they look flatter and more emotionless than a wojak

Don't talk about things you aren't knowledgeable on. Tanaka didn't make these. Saito and another guest artist did.

>Don't talk about things you aren't knowledgeable on. Tanaka didn't make these. Saito and another guest artist did.
If he was the art director, he was responsible for approving those and deeming them in line with his own vision.

based retard

How are you still this butthurt about Rex's design after over two years?

Yeah I just don't really agree with that for XC2. Some characters look alright motionless, but a lot don't. And no one looks that great in motion (really I think animations are what Monolith needs to focus on in general). But having no facial detail at all in X2 does generally work better than X trying to have too much detail than it can handle. I think something between X and 2 would look really good.

>How are you still this butthurt about Rex's design after over two years?

Attached: 1542575193664.png (379x631, 502K)

>this reading comprehension
Holy shit you people are retarded.

>Everyone who dislikes a design in the same person!
Please keep your braindead paranoia to yourself. We're trying to have a good thread for once. I find the crotch window and bunny mommy design ugly as hell, but that's me.

That sounds like a fallacy, you will have to provide a better argument than that if you want to make your case. I think you will need to know how much increasing the texture resolution and the amount of polygons in everyone in your party will affect the game performance in every scene, or if you want to decrease the quality of the assets in every scenes to compensate for the increased visual quality in your party you may need to establish a process from which we can objectively determine if the result is better or worse than the configuration in the final game.

Attached: 1522623782885.jpg (800x600, 115K)

Xenoblade 1 reminds me a lot visually of FF12. They have similar face designs.

>Feels the need to call out some elses reading comprehension to inflate his own ego when it didn't even involve him
Stop.

>Tanaka didn't design these
XB2 has no good designs whatsoever, so whatever Tanaka did design wasn't any good regardless.

Attached: 1551463810724.jpg (528x792, 66K)

So Xenosaga 3's art style? It was a perfect mix for me anyway. I found it realistic enough, but still retained a sense of anime esque art design.

Finch is the only original character Tanaka designed for XC2

Attached: 121321545.png (1000x1000, 1.12M)

Alright first of all, being this paranoid about being called out means you are guaranteed to be a regular shitposter.
Secondly, Rex was revealed over two years ago. You're butthurt about it now, therefore you have been butthurt for over two years.

>this level of gymnastics
Do you think Xenoblade is the only game ever to have to make certain graphical trade-offs.

And you have yet to address the point I brought up: if the lack of detail in faces was a deliberate decision to make environments more expansive, why are the character models so detailed?

Shieeeeeeet nigga, fuck yea actually. Never played XS3 but yeah this is the look. Just turn back the anime just a lil and it's fucking perfect.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>giant fucking seamless environments
>hundreds of characters, monsters, armors, etc.

Versus

>A dozen dudes in a fucking boxing ring

I wonder why

*this level of mental gymnastics

And that's why she's so perfect.

Attached: 1532557247988.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

Your comment is highly subjective and unnecessary to the discussion since it provided nothing. As a matter of fact, half the people saying "Tanaka designed this!" probably have no knowledge of who did what. The only designs he did do were KOSMOS, Shulk, Fiora, and Elma. Everything else was by Saito or the tens of guest artists responsible for the other rare blades. Blame them.

Attached: 1552211920756.png (680x680, 378K)

Why would you bash Suki when Uka exists

Attached: oofka.jpg (298x626, 83K)

>Implying I'm butthurt because I said it was a bad design
Um, okay? My opinion isn't going to change. Would I be a shitposter if I said the design was good two years later? Quit being so insecure.

I couldn't grasp it, but now I can. It's totally this. I still like him better than Tidus though. Not even a contest.

Attached: D1Obb-zUwAAYxe4.jpg orig.jpg (480x800, 71K)

Why did they remove visible armour in XC2?

It's a lot of work to model all of that.

>The only designs he did do were KOSMOS, Shulk, Fiora, and Elma.
And Finch!

Attached: 1524106327906.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

But I liked her twin dragons. It totally screams Star Ocean 2 to me, and I love it

Attached: 01.jpg (301x269, 76K)

They had more budget than XC1 and XCX, no?

Attached: yes and.jpg (125x187, 10K)

>It's a lot of work to model all of that.
RPGs made with a fraction of Xenoblade's budget have armor change appearance, so I don't buy that argument.

Because having a cohesive visual design doesn't really work with armour. Imagine if Nia bursts out of her cocoon to show her true self, except the cocoon is a microbikini.

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I'm not claiming that the bodies would look too bad with less level of detail, I don't have an opinion on the issue because I lack the technical expertise to determine the best way to design the polygonal distribution in this kind of game. I'm not making any claims other that you need to make a better argument if you want to convince people that making simpler bodies or simpler environments and more detailed heads was a better way to design this game.

Attached: 1539185258367.png (500x902, 188K)

He is Eric, literally used the exact same phrasing yesterday.

I like her but I feel Aoi Yuuki was wasted on her

Attached: D1GnQPDUwAAcoBR.jpg orig.jpg (1516x2048, 282K)

Most likely, but Monolith was heavily understaffed during the development of XC2 because Nintendo assigned half of them on BotW. I think Takahashi even said that at one point during development their UI designers quit so they had to go with what they had.

Attached: 1513757310283.gif (255x255, 2.62M)

Because he's a mouthbreathing secondary

Tanaka designed Finch? No wonder I liked it so much.

Probably? But we do know that they were wrapped up helping BOTW.

Regardless if it's not a priority, it's not a priority. This is one thing I didn't like about XBC2, it felt low budget for some reason.

If I wanna look like a clown, I should be able to look like a clown. Also, there's nothing wrong with bikini or swimsuit outfits. Shulk even has one as a skin in Smash.

Attached: 1549335192409.jpg (433x427, 86K)

Can we drop this Eric meme? This is why Xeno threads are in the state they are now. Quit trying to identify every post you dislike as some boogeyman to project on. It's not working so well. I could call you Eric, Ryan, or whoever and it'd be just as retarded.

More budget, less staff. Less development time too.
They already had to outsource a bunch of the work modeling the rare blades, armor would be a lot more work on top of that.

>it
Rude.

Attached: 1537254516140.png (410x437, 328K)

I just want XCX2. Give me an XCX port at least.

Attached: 1512702810796.jpg (609x660, 52K)

Dumb cute birb queen.

Attached: 38648278943.jpg (1004x1200, 146K)

Is there a (somewhat complete) spreadsheet somewhere with aux core drop locations ? I just left Mor Ardain and am looking for Affinity max atk 2~3 aux cores, but I do,n't know what drops them

I wish you guys would stop asking for a port when the Switch barely has any original titles. By the time XCX2 comes out, you'll forget about it completely. If XCX2 does well, you'll get your X port or remaster, just wait.

>RPGs made with a fraction of Xenoblade's budget have armor change appearance, so I don't buy that argument.
Xenoblade 2 instead has like 50 unique rare blades and 35 different common blades. Also each Driver has a moveset for every type of weapon.
Xenoblade 2 has a couple of cosmetic items per each character but 85 complete extra characters/blades that add gameplay elements are much more work than modeling 85 armors.

>Xenoblade 2 instead has like 50 unique rare blades and 35 different common blades. Also each Driver has a moveset for every type of weapon.
So? Plenty of RPGs, even low-budget ones, have different races with different body shapes and heights, yet still manage to have hundreds of different pieces of armor.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

>No Melia guest Blade in XC2
suffering

No because it’s obviously you. You type the exact same way in PoE and XB2 threads and bring up the same worthless complaints nonstop.

Is literally copy pasted.

Well, X is the best game in the serioes and it's frustrating to see it be treated as a one off. I'd like confirmation they're working on something at least.

1 sec in Google
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/76226011

Xenoblade has that too, but apart of different gear per character you have 85 other characters that act as equipment and as secondary party members. Also making a part of your NPCs a different race shouldn't increase your development cost in any significant way unless you're adding what you say to an already completed game.

Attached: 1546775119806.jpg (1099x1600, 389K)

Whatever you said paranoid kid.

Post your favourite songs from the Xeno games
youtube.com/watch?v=yCo78e53uUc&
youtube.com/watch?v=hZgZzn-Gv58

Attached: DR1bv7s_2048x2048.jpg (1000x1500, 553K)

post the next one.

youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M
Theme X is just too good to ignore

I don't know about spreadsheets, but if you can navigate the datamine, it's good for finding out that kind of stuff.
xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/ITM_Orb.html

Honestly one of the best songs I've ever heard in a video game. The whole XCX soundtrack is just incredible.

Attached: 1535175184530.png (1101x1920, 256K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=H-P_QHBzTwk
>youtube.com/watch?v=75YyJ9FQnMI
>youtube.com/watch?v=B1xE4zPzP4Q
I absolutely adore the Night tracks in Xenoblade titles. They always sound so majestic and have a sense of mysteriousness to them. In general I'm a night person so that's probably why.

Attached: 1550529328409.gif (512x384, 575K)

Lots of stupidburdbros around here

Attached: DzxSSe2VsAAztTk.jpg orig.jpg (1200x1600, 230K)

hello fellow birbbrain

Attached: 19876325.png (1031x1320, 1.03M)

youtube.com/watch?v=CDxY6Xv2yTI
youtube.com/watch?v=P9kLM5DLKgY
youtube.com/watch?v=dTq1MwdocqM

Attached: D1NZZcFUYAAnQTh.jpg orig.jpg (1200x1800, 264K)

Left is better. XCX doll shit was better as well. XC2 is generic anime shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=PGkPEDFRgng
XB1's main menu was so good.
2's menu was also great (especially at the start, with the wind and rain) but the music didn't have quite the same impact. And it's oddly sad compared to the rest of the game's tone.

Why did people hate the lyrics in X>
youtube.com/watch?v=4ffMspQdbRA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sujz66VsHWU
youtube.com/watch?v=WNRnFvPny4g

This. XC2 feels like a parody of Japanese games at times.

Speaking of which, I'd like to make a collage of all the XC2 title screens. Does anyone knows how many of them there are? Obviously at least 10, 1 for each chapter, but I'm fairly sure I'll be missing 1 or 2 somehow

Attached: DY-OAlCU8AAvkcm.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

it is a parody. get it? its shit ironically (except when its not shit, then its being genuine)

13, I think.
>before starting the game
>chapter 1 - 10
>after finishing the game
>after finishing NG+

Then another two from Torna.

>T-Tanaka is a good character designer!
Pfft.. OH NONONONONO HAHAHAHA. Are you telling me these look better than Saito or Choco's designs?

Attached: 37473823.jpg (8387x1747, 1.68M)

These 5 designs have more soul than 80% of the characters in the game though.

yes, they look fucking great. not that I have any issues with the other designs (for the most part)

youtube.com/watch?v=OfS1nWtqZwU

Attached: 1507546641650.jpg (800x450, 42K)

Only 60% of those designs have soul though.

Attached: 1552006753030.jpg (950x1047, 789K)

>People talking about the game again
>Better oh no no no some more

It's just personal preference. I prefer my JRPG's with no lyrics, except for some kind of orchestral choir in some cases

>実はお蔵入りとなった曲があり、そちらは主人公目線で書いた曲でした。個人的にはそれもお気に入りだったので、そちらはまたいつかどこかで。
Is this basically saying that Hiramatsu composed a different song for XB2's final boss that went unused? I hope they release it someday.
Of course.

Better than Saito, that's for sure. The fuck is this?

Attached: Vandham.png (800x1200, 807K)

A lot of them sound like you're fighting to Bring Me To Life by Evanescence.

a fucking UNIT
what the fuck are Saito's proportions

What is this nigga wearing

Design-wise? Wonky. Character-wise? The most based guy in the entire game.

I only accept lyrics if they're in Kajiuran. Or Emi Evans.

youtube.com/watch?v=EUK6tJMlGI8
youtube.com/watch?v=n10VyIRJj58
youtube.com/watch?v=JwDE-hVPh_A

Attached: 1218051590098.jpg (249x251, 17K)

all pouches, all the time

Better than most of the other designs in the game. Blades like Nim are hideous.

Brigid and Pandoria are best though.

Tactical titty pouches.

Vandam...lay off the armu steak...

Is the art on the bottom right of pic related in the artbook?

Attached: 75751-1527465001.jpg (2865x1695, 857K)

Does the Xenosaga trilogy hold up? I love all the Xenoblade games and really want to play the rest of the Xeno games

People will say no, I will say it does if what you're looking for is a heavily scenarised jRPG. Which is why I like jRPGs in the first place.

Attached: 1541797718093.png (2880x1205, 2.95M)

At a quick glance, couldn't find it there.

it's 5 minutes of walking a corridor, doing few minutes of battle then 30 minutes of cutscenes. if you like space (soap) opera it's a treat, even if 2 is bit of a turd.

looks too masculine

I finished Xenoblade X not too long ago, does the combat get more interesting post-game or is it still just infinite Overdrive into big damage?

Attached: 408422-xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg (740x416, 67K)

The loathed any time I saw one of the foxes, because that meant that I had to get out this soft-core furry bitch and listen to her stupid voice.

Attached: Evil Fiora.png (575x576, 235K)

What's wrong with her voice? It's cute.

Not before we get a Xenosaga Remake with completed story like Takahashi originally intended, I hope

Attached: The truth of the Xeno series.jpg (2018x1208, 379K)

I think Xenoblade 2's artstyle is great but Switch can barely handle the game in a normal resolution. I could also do without so many anime tropes.

I also love Xenoblade 1's artstyle but it reminds me of a LOT of PS1/PS2 RPGs.

Xenogears' story is such an overwritten clusterfuck, man.

All right, finally did it. I love when devs do this.

Attached: Title Screens Collage.jpg (3840x3600, 3.02M)

>FFXII was a open-world game
FFXII is not open-world in any possible sense of the word; where the hell does this dumb meme come from?

Attached: WTF am i reading2.jpg (182x374, 29K)

JOKERS

Attached: fgdtpvzaaxe11.png (500x462, 321K)

I love her so much, I wish she was resurrected or something in the original game

Attached: Lora.png (820x1176, 708K)

kinoblade

>Gears Perfect Works failed
>"Better go on to Saga with Bamco"
>Saga Perfect Works fails
>"Better go on to Blade with Nintendo
>Blade Perfect Works is going smoothly with Nintendo and Xeno is at an all time peak
Ah.. we're finally getting it after all these years..

Attached: Zohar.png (475x936, 413K)

Attached: 98a.png (500x454, 152K)

Attached: man of culture.png (956x532, 794K)

Hey, that's actually pretty fucking cool. I never got to see all those title screens because I would sometimes finish several chapters in one sitting.
Thanks user, saved.
Man, how the fuck do I make use of him? I cannot find a single reason to use him over Dunban. Unless he has Sharla blasting his ass with healing bullets, he just dies quickly. And he does fuck all damage

>implying Takahashi and/or Nintendo won't find a way to fuck it all up again

Nah, we're good. This is actually the farthest we've ever gotten. Monolith is stable, Nintendo sees their potential, Takahashi is in a nice position, we're solid. My only wish is for Soraya Saga to return..

How well does X emulate with Cemu?

>Monolith actively hiring more staff
>Has multiple projects in the works
>Xeno is more popular than ever
I'm fucking stoked bros

Attached: 184846456.png (900x1237, 1.02M)

I really really hope it man, Xenosaga is by far the biggest wasted potential in the history of video games

Attached: my soul.jpg (284x292, 38K)

I'm talking about the characters themselves, and their faces

>Cute as fuck
>Still hasn't joined my party

I'm getting real tired of only having Nia/Tora/Rex.

Don't worry, she's the next one to join.

>Morag, Brighid and Dromarch never got to show up on title screens
Unacceptable.
They teased her joining so much in chapter 4 that I started worrying about the possibility of another Roc situation where she'd die and Brighid would become Rex's blade. It thankfully didn't happen, but jeez.

Attached: 1532667972869.jpg (382x544, 32K)

More like Monolith Soft finally learned to curb their plot boners and focus more on gameplay and exploration. Thank god for Soma Bringer setting them on track - even if it wasn't itself very good.

>Monolith's number of employees almost doubled since XC2 was out
Crazy

Attached: 1226091536653.jpg (798x373, 118K)

Same thing happened with Troy Baker and Yuri

>teasing

I just got to the part where Rex shakes hands with her, they agree to work together, and then she's like "lol I'll be at the palace kthxbai"

Fucking blueballed hard.

Poor Melia just can't catch a break

Attached: 73543666_p1.png (1181x1748, 1.85M)

I wish Meleph was a real boy.

What is a Who-girl? The voice actor strike or something?

top right title screen you blind fuck

That's mah boy Zeke and his bladefu though

Attached: D0_Gk40U0AAhSYM.jpg orig.jpg (818x1600, 155K)

Doctor Who. Her VA played one of the companions.
What?

>remake all the games with the worst face models and shaders on the trio
Why?

>Melia is now a Who-girl
What did he mean by this?

It’s absolutely how it’s supposed to look because they got Tanaka, the character designer for Gears, Saga and X on it
In other words, most of the in house artists at Monolith Soft probably try to emulate his style

Isn't Perfect Works a meme people came up with because Gears is dead?

More like it’s a meme that Takahashi made about “muh space opera would have been so good if I got to complete it”
It’s a pretty good story and setting but even Takahashi seems to be tired of it

How would a real book describing the lore be a meme?

Attached: 9a8986cf07ed4ad09983cecfa413c11b[1].jpg (350x350, 23K)

>Xenogears died because of Squeenix
>Squeenix is currently struggling with Final Fantasy quality wise
>Xenoblade is boosting in popularity and Takahashi is more successful than ever
Haha.. HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1513681937873.jpg (121x125, 3K)

Right is modeled usrs the artwork of the original xenogears artist, that alone gives it more soul than left could ever have. Now leave zoomer, talk to me again when actually have played ALL the xeno games.

Attached: 1533534797696.png (1000x563, 200K)

Attached: DkeJeU3UcAEEtzG.jpg (762x1000, 114K)

I wish we had a video of all these in order, the only one I can find has every title screen for only a few seconds and with an unnecessary transition effect. I wanted it to use it as my Windows wallpaper so I would rather have each one running for longer.
The XCX's title screens were great too and I'm used that one at this moment so I can't complain.

Attached: 1537629791882.png (1344x756, 2.04M)

madman finally made it, he unleashed the power of the Zohar and rewrote reality. The monkey's paw is he had to submit to the Nopons, who control the Zohar. They demand his next game is a story about the Nopons for the Nopons, all party members will be Nopons, and all NPCs will be Nopons I'd actually play this

Attached: Takahashi wine.jpg (600x435, 60K)

youtu.be/jaL_HcxYTHY
Here you go bro

Decently well if your PC is pretty gud and you set up CEMU correctly.

Admittedly I'm new to this series so I figured I would ask since there's a nice thread up. Do you gentlemen know what the Zohar is based on? I'm pretty interested, and I heard people compare it to the Triforce in Zelda.

t. nopon

If you didn't get any enjoyment out of the combat, then stop right there.

Attached: Comfy World Tree.webm (356x200, 2.88M)

It's "God" for the xeno universe basically.

>people talking about Xeno games ever getting remade because "it'd be so good if only they changed x, y and z!"
how do people not understand that none of these games are ever getting remade? they're always going to be compromises from whatever Takahashi's original idea was. they are not going to revisit an older game just to put in campfire scenes or Malos as a Blade or any pointless fluff you come up with. if you're a fan of any of these games you should know they're perpetually going to be highconcept unfinished schlock by now.

It’s all Gnosticism

>and I heard people compare it to the Triforce in Zelda
Well, it isn't that far fetched, though it's a bit different. It's not a wish-granting device per se, but since it's power is infinite, and depending on the game, can rewrite reality, well, we're close. Triforce has more background with how it was created and what it can do. Zohar is more mysterious

Attached: Zoharforce .jpg (1280x720, 190K)

It's the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey (film/book) and a literal Deus Ex Machina.

Everyone understands that but that doesn’t keep us from dreaming about remakes or re-releases

I can't wait for the reveal that the Zohar/Conduit was created by super advanced Nopon to make all their fanfiction dreams real

Attached: everyone.jpg (2048x1536, 273K)

What would you do for a Monado Bar?

Unspeakable things

Attached: DzbQ94RVYAAjv6N.jpg orig.jpg (2048x2048, 418K)

Xenogears died because of Takahashi's lack of experience as director and most of the flaws in the Xeno series are also his fault (like Saga imploding and depressing staff so badly most were considering quitting video games). Meanwhile SQ can put out a random faux-retro IP and match Takahashi's triple A magnum opus "this time for real guys" in sales.

I will never understand Takahashi dicksuckers.

I'M GONNA SAY IT

Attached: 73525347_p0_master1200.jpg (1005x1200, 865K)

>arguably best Kos-mos
No doubt

Attached: b6416c666e9682a2012092fa0998392d.jpg (1275x1800, 937K)

>guest artist: Rob Liefeld

Oh shit you're right

Attached: Ashton_Anchors.jpg (240x240, 14K)

xenoblade 2 isn't even close to triple A.
you're right about the takahashi worship being obnoxious though.

I bet Sharla has a dirty butthole.

SHARLA
HEAD CHALLA

Is there any proof that episode 1 to 4 of Xenogears were supposed to get their own games? I see people argue that a lot but it always seemed to me that they were supposed to be backstory and nothing more.

is this ready, or gormotti?

Based

Behold, the most soul ever contained in any Xeno game!

Attached: 1452391946186.jpg (640x479, 83K)

The meme is actually spreading in nipland. What beast did we unleash, anons?
twitter.com/CatWithABrush/status/1105216424363024386

Attached: D1aDxaFU0AAHj3G.jpg orig.jpg (613x701, 70K)

That's the only one I found, but I would prefer one that lasted longer.

>japan got the wind of it.
We did it! expect loads of fanart.

Who's worse?
Smash secondaries or XB2 secondaries?

Attached: catto.jpg (3456x4608, 2.03M)

yes

Faggots like you trying to derail a good thread.

>Pokeshit
Unbased.

Attached: 1458985785371.png (152x254, 40K)

this series peaked at gears

Attached: ihatesand.jpg (634x475, 199K)

>derailing a thread that was on Page 10

Takahashi peaked at the opening of FF6
youtube.com/watch?v=RDMWp1oLoA0

Attached: best-final-fantasy-moment-part-2-terra.png (512x430, 15K)

Man, that scene just feels like someone made it specifically to ruin Melina's life

>that scene
>ruining Melia's life
how about the one where most of her race and her only remaining family are turned into horrible monsters

High Entias deserved to be genocided, desu.

Attached: Nopon Elite Squad.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

>MUH SOUL
Left was made by an armor designer who can't make character designers.
Right is done by the character designer of Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode 1, and Xenoblade X.
Eat shit, Xenoblade 1 secondaries.

Attached: Elly Fiora.png (541x549, 534K)

who can't make character designs*

X port first then 1 remaster

TO ME
TO YOU
TO ME
TO YOU
TO ME
TO YOU
TO ME
TO YOU

they don't even have money to port X and you want a full scale remake of the biggest Wii game in history

Attached: file.png (84x93, 17K)

XB2 sold big though.

I'VE GOT IT
ALRIGHTY

they are owned by nintendo 80% of the sales money goes back to them, all they get is a pat on the back and "yeah you can hire more people I guess" bonus

And used all that profit to expand the studio like crazy.

They opened a new studio.

AWESOME
NICE ONE

i agree pokemon blows but don't look a gift horse in the mouth

I'M ALL OVER THAT

To this day I still don't fully understand gem crafting.

Left is infinitely better. Right almost looks like something out of RWBY.

Attached: D1I5cHWUwAA5FFx.jpg orig.jpg (1329x1893, 225K)

I honestly prefer left.
Right looks too generic.

Did he direct the opening?

*throws you out of the battlefield*
Nothing personal

Attached: 20180429153722658.jpg (720x720, 93K)

Attached: IMG_20190309_122347.jpg (1535x2048, 237K)

Why exactly did the world tree's security robots need to be motorcycles, again?

Because looks cool.

Yeah? Can I get sources on those, I wanna see how much they've grown.

fuck these things
I'm so glad you can easily topple them when they're charging at you

>techraptor.net/content/monolith-soft-opens-new-studio-in-iidabashi
The article also mentions they have been hiring new personal like no tomorrow.

but they, like all enemies in the world tree, look stupid

Shulk's Smash Ultimate model looks better than both of them.

Monolith can't design characters.

>Dumb moe faces

You're telling me Shulk was originally intended to be a shota?

You look stupid.

Because left is a unique artstyle that stands out in a good way, and right is a generic one that just looks like your typical anime design. I swear, either Takahasi is constantly hit or miss, or someone else drew certain pieces of artwork for Xenogears, because the character portraits look just as generic, but stuff like Fei on the cover and that image of Elly with bedroom eyes look alright.
If we ever get a remake for Xenogears, I hope they don't make it look like the garbage in XC2, I hope it looks like the new figures. The Fei figure looks great.

Takahashi designed the Magitek armor used in the opening. hence why they look different than any other appearance in the game.

>like Takahashi originally intended?
Is that you Lore Autist?

I completely agree with this.

forgot image

Attached: Untitled.png (1485x582, 908K)

Now in 3D.

Attached: 73627055_p1.png (1914x1052, 2.32M)

Has anyone figured out how to imitate the outlining used in XB2's engine? Surely it can't be that hard to mimic.

yeah but at least no-one else has to look at me

I have no idea why, but I like the older graphics better. looks more realistic

>Pokemon will never have a cat people region

this guy has so many fucking pouches, the guy must have like 50 different kinds of food going at any given time, no wonder he's so huge

Today I will remind them.

Attached: XC2.jpg (1080x785, 205K)

>The "this character by the same artist somehow looks more generic than the other meme"
Is that you Ryan?
Unfortunately, nobody cares today.

Why didn't he make a 12 hour critique?

user....

Attached: 1548117318811.png (700x1300, 736K)

Did the town make him stupid?

Yes, that is a good character design.

did you fucking read my post or are you pretending to be retarded? nintendo funds their operations to get a profit, nintendo greenlighted the new studio, their operating profits go straight to nintendo, that's why studios are bought and owned, holy fuck

I love how he's calling it out for what it is, a game people play ironically, and this is making the XC2DF scared and confused, so their NPC brains desperately try to come up with an argument to counter it, nothing comes out, so they just E-CELEB BAD

>belt shorts
>good

xc2 wouldve been better had tanaka kun done all the characters

you didnt forget, did you?

Attached: a58.jpg (680x691, 78K)

>Gears boomers still clinging to their shitty unfinished FF7 knockoff

He's lost his touch, Shulk looks like complete ass on the right, don't how anyone can say it looks better.

Tanaka's always drawn Shulk with a bit of a baby face. I guess it's just how he sees the character, but I don't think it fits him that well.

Who the fuck is Ryan? Some boogieman for you?
Look at this image you can't tell me that the two drawings look the same.

THINK YOU CAN CONNECT ME?!?

Rex's VA definitely has to be a joke.

DON'T FORGET ME

>swimsuit
>artbook
>pokemon
>smash censorship
This have been all the artwork waves, whats next?

Nothing, this game is deader than Anthem.

lolno

The pokemon one is new.

They're by the same artist. Stop nitpicking Ryan.

Prove me wrong.
You can't.
The Pokemon meme was on last pathetic attempt to keep this game alive.

HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 9063D941-57DC-4D14-8E49-BF27D9DA87A5.jpg (1050x1080, 145K)

Butthurt Xenolet

Attached: xenobabbieshatethis.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

So his artstyle is then hit or miss, 50% of the time he draws decent, 50% of the time he draws shit.
Also I'm not your boogieman, and I have no idea who he is, hell for all I know the guy could not even exist and you're just trying to start shit by giving me a random name.

oof

I’ve never played a Xenogame big lel

No, there's always someone nitpicking about art styles and he has your exact same posting style. Regardless Tanaka's illustrations are always nice, both are perfectly fine. So again, fuck off Ryan.

>I am 100% not at all jealous over the fact Masahiro Sakurai completely dabbed on my B-tier studio's best artist

Now that's an "oof"

This kills the Tanakafag.

Poke minge just started, user.

Attached: 73627055_p0.png (1869x1052, 1.71M)

oof

Tanaka's illustrations aren't always nice, they're generic sometimes and decent other times. You literally cannot refute the fact that the art is clearly different in the images I posted, instead you resort to calling me some non-existent boogieman to hide the fact that you can't refute it.

>o-oof... *wipes tears*

HAHAHAHAHAHA

yikes my man

This thread isn't based of it, so try harder.

>And no one looks that great in motion (really I think animations are what Monolith needs to focus on in general).
they spent all their animation budget on Jin, Malos, and Pyra's titties

Right looks like moeshit.

>Original actually has more realistic shading than the "improved" version

Attached: c58.png (1500x1500, 750K)

shut up pokecuck.

The average XC2DF trooper displaying his ability to address criticism towards his favorite game.

Shulk is from the first game you fucking idiot.

Actual moron here.

Because the "improved" version was done in a quick cashgrab by the B-team in a game the head designer didn't even want to make.

The second image is from the second game, you retards.

ROUGE
ROUGE
ROUGE
ROUGE
ROUGE

He's still from XC1 user. Stop talking nonsense before I bend you over.

The second game is X you fucking mongoloid.

Left looks better than the generic anime shit on the right.

MULTUS

ROUGE
ROUGE
ROUGE
ROUGE
ROUGE
ROUGE

But the guy was criticizing the model of the character in XC2, and saying the XC1 model had better shading. No matter how you try to twist it, he was criticizing XC2.
You get what I meant, the second image is XC2.

EVERBERO

You never noticed how XC2fags claimed ownership of Shulk, and claim his appearance in XC2's DLC is what Takahashi always wanted and that XC1 was holding him hostage because evil, evil, Nintendo wouldn't let Takahashi do what he wanted?

Hell, even OP is pushing that narrative.

>No matter how you try to twist it, he was criticizing XC2.

So what?

>so they just E-CELEB BAD
Where do you think we are?

oh no someone has a differing opinion on XC2 than me so I'd better sperg out

In a place where that's right? Joe is a fucking autistic retard. His claim the entire game is bad because of a few tropes is completely retarded. Just as retarded as the XBC2DF guy.

No, not really.

>no humans and other races for nopon to fleece, er sell high quality goods to

>Nia didn't save people because she was self-consciou

good one

He never said it was bad, he said it was good, but only ironically, like the ironic anime hating weebs it draws in.

>You never noticed how XC2fags claimed ownership of Shulk
Is this a new meme?

>He never said it was bad
>constantly calls it shit while playing
>says it's a terrible game and should only be taken as a joke at the end

So, both of you are idiots for trying to call the guy and idiot. Feel free to scroll back up and reread the chain, you guys acted like this wasn't about XC2 when it was.
Glad to see you realize how you are acting.

Get over it you fucking child. Not everyone has to like XC2.

>it's a terrible game and should only be taken as a joke at the end
Because it is, anyone that's seen more than a single anime would never unironically call it it's story good.

Ask Monado:Beginning of the World fag

>Someone starts sperging about XC2
>Thread goes to shit
When are you idiots going to learn that you're the issue. Let it go, the game isn't perfect. Quit victimizing the game and grow up.

Attached: 1552136294985.jpg (702x562, 67K)

Do you legit have brain damage? I'm defending the guy that was criticizing XC2, what part of that makes you think I like XC2 in any way shape or form?

I'm not disagreeing with him.

Stop posting.

>worst thing to happen to franchise outside of Smash
>best selling title

Every time.

You should take your own advice.

Where have I heard that before?

Attached: FEF_Takumi_Swimsuit.png (1024x1024, 869K)

He looks like a fucking 12yo on the right. Same shit with Rex. He's supposed to be 15, but looks 10.

If this is the direction of the series then I'll take XBC as a fluke of being good.

It's happening again..

But Xenoblade X is the worst selling title

Attached: cruss.png (728x602, 226K)

>then I'll take XBC as a fluke of being good.
>only game that wasn't massively rushed, understaffed, overambitious etc
>only game that resembles a fully finished product from beginning to end
>only game without overt references to Xeno- lore
Sounds about right.

It wasn't, actually.

You can't improve on perfection, OP.

Attached: Dunban_2-0.jpg (800x1200, 126K)

>this is the quality of your average XB2 thread

fuck dumb man, he thinks he's cool but he sucks

now this is epic

Yeah it's so fucking bad. Especially compared to Shulk. When Shulk screamed at the beginning of the game it sends chills down your spine, but Rex's acre early on just makes you laugh at how awful it is.

Why is it whenever I see a character open their mouths in Chronicles 2 it looks like they're in pain?

Attached: rexeat.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

horrible animations
haven't seen animations this bad since I replayed Vesperia

There isn't complete data on how much XB1 or X sold but based on estimates XB1 likely outsold X if you combine the 3DS and Wii releases.

>X port never
I never got into the meat of the game. I love the sci-fi aesthetic. I just want to play it again.

>bait thread getting hundreds of replies
It's like I'm on Yea Forums or something.

?

Any Xenoblade 2 related thread is practically bait at this point. I doubt anybody actually likes that game, mainly using it as a falseflagging/shitposting tool.

cope

If you don't like the threads, why are you bumping them?

ROUGE

Just play on dolphin with hd textures, is literally the definitive way to play

>Just play on dolphin
yes
>with hd textures, is literally the definitive way to play
fuck no