Did you think you were safe from console wars on your PC?

Did you think you were safe from console wars on your PC?

Attached: epic_store-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

Yep.

Attached: logo_dark_nodomain2_optimized.png (188x70, 2K)

I am. Because most games are the epic store are available elsewhere or are times exclusives

How many choices of store front do you get on a console?

Choice = Good.

Fucking brainlet.

You do realize you can keep both of those free, readily downloadable programs on your PC at all times, right?

>installing chink spyware

i have both installed for free on my computer.

you only make it a war if you're hyperturbo autistic

Epic reminds of the GFWL days. A fuck awful service nobody would use willingly except for the games held hostage to it.

So exactly like Steam when it launched?

what a shit fucking thread

>boohoo having plenty of free choices is a bad thing and confuses my tiny little handicapped brain!

pathetic

When piracy exists? LOL

Also, you don't need to buy a new console to get a exclusive game, just install a different rootkit.

I can choose to not use either and pirate all games that don't get released DRM free.

I pirate, couldn't care less about this shit.

>choices
>buy it on our store or don't play it at all
>what do you mean you want basic features

you're there to play the game, if you like the game you buy it and install their free launcher, if not, then fuck off no one is forcing you to play the game if you don't like it.

what's so hard to understand about that?

this "war" is 100% manufactured by shills and the media that hate Steam now due to their lax policies on games.

Attached: 1542471616373.png (720x720, 629K)

I agree. I can choose from Steam, GoG, Humble Bundle, Fanatical, GMG or a giant pile of Chinese spyware run by greedy cunts that tout their shit as adding more choices, but making shit exclusive on their shitty, outdated store full of bugs and shit features, plus it charges users more because they want to pay their devs a little more money.

Hmmmmm.

I still am
I'll just pirate epic exclusive shit

wow I have to install an another launcher I guess I better kill myself

Attached: DilkhPDU0AA3LmL.jpg (690x691, 31K)

>buy and install it on a launcher already proven to be insecure
>that doesn't even have a tenth of the basic features of every other launcher so you're not even getting a complete experience
>not even drm free like gog to make up for being a waste of memory

I am overwhelmed with all this choice.

No you faggot. That is such a stupid brainlet opinion of someone who has no grasp on the situation. REAL choice is having all of the games show up on all of the stores and you get to pick which store you buy it from. The choice that comes from someone competing with Steam is choice for PUBLISHERS. They get to shop around and choose which platform they want to sell their game on based on rates and goodies the platform gives them (i.e. not forcing them to have reviews). This all ends up hurting customers. We are now forced to install half a dozen fucking game clients and can lose things like user reviews. Steam is like a benevolent dictator who worked in favor of game customers. The competition that is arising from this gives publishers more choice and takes away power from consumers.

I didn't realize we were still in 2003, user-kun

I m trying to avoid Chinese software and Chinese devices that include a microprocessor.

I'm also trying to avoid shit by Google.

Epic Fail Tiananmen SquareMassacre

if your computer can't handle more than 1 launcher installed at the same time then the problem is you.

maybe switch to consoles if you like shit hardware and not having choices.

>We are now forced to install
No you're not.

Chinese spyware vs jew spyware. Better just pirate everything.

Does this mean PC will actually get some exclusives for the first time in decades?

These things are free. There is no reason not to have both. Anyone complaining about this is either autistic or shitposting.

It can handle it fine, but what the fuck do I want it for? It's just there to be a gatekeeper, the very definition of unnecessary. Fucking origin gives you more.

I honest to God hate these launchers.

And service accounts.

And email accounts.

Fuck'em. Not a single one more as long as I live!

only retards put epic store on their pc
just like only retards put origin or uplay

Get used to it, unless you accept an unified account where companies can see all you do, we are stuck with this.

I just pirate shit. No GoG, No Steam, No DRM-free, No Buy

The Epic Game Store is unironically resulting in less choices though.

there are plenty of exclusives on pc, its just that the Yea Forums shitposters love fotm movie games

Great argument.

Couldn't care less, I launch games from *.exe desktop shortcut anyway...

Attached: Captures.jpg (248x174, 8K)

>OP thinks he's playing 5d chess by instigating a non-existent flame war

yawn

Yes because now I have to buy multiple PC's. One for each launcher... Oh wait, no I fucking don't

>not having an optimized PC for each game

Attached: 1532276391078.jpg (500x376, 30K)

Attached: 1989_Tiananmen_Square_protests.png (1400x586, 692K)

Why are you so willing to accept a straight up shittier more jewish service just because it's free?

I thought that was a propulsor lol

fucking casual

Why can't they just sell me a game? Aphysical copy with some unique ID like CD key or such if absolutely necessary? They knew how to do that shit with BF1942 in 2002.

Why would you ask me? Maybe it's easier for them, or they want you to buy more shit from their store by forcing you to install their shit, but I don't have the answer.

Fuck off retard.

Attached: epic.png (1268x1257, 268K)

*Ahem*
FUCK DRM

Attached: Gog chan.jpg (1000x1000, 236K)

>More Jewish
>Free
Pick one

>free choices
kek wut

>Yea bro, just install Steam, Origin, Epic store, Battlenet, and Windows store for free!

Fucking kill yourself nigger.

I'm going in raw.

Attached: 20180726224115653.jpg (3000x1688, 763K)

Why even install origin, it doesn’t even have worthwhile games.

Bros, are we really going back to the PC boomer era where we had a full desktop of .exes for our games?

Attached: tired.jpg (500x322, 44K)

No, we're going to the jew era where companies have an exclusive war subsidised by the customers and we won't be able to do anything about it because all other avenues will be shut down.

Attached: Annotation 2019-03-11 203256.jpg (642x621, 117K)

GFWL was old as fuck too so nice try

This

so they're pulling it form epic too?

>mfw 10k behavior score good boy

Attached: 1502499880963.png (600x695, 404K)

are you really comparing having to buy multiple expensive pieces of separate hardware to installing free software on the same machine? how do people become as spoiled as that?

No, they say it'll only be available on uplay and "one other exclusive store". Wouldn't be surprised if Epic had a hand in that decision, considering ubisoft were fairly indifferent to third party resellers even up to far cry new dawn.

Steam was the consolization of PC, I pirate now, fuck paying for a download.

All this shit does is make me download yet another launcher for one or two games

Download speeds are faster than disk read speeds so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. You really want to buy a blu-ray drive for your PC so you can install games slower than just downloading them?

Bigger companies are incentivized to offer digital products through their own storefronts because then they don't have to pay for dvd cases and cover art and they don't have to pay physical distributors and cut in brick and mortar retailers. Smaller indie studios may not be able to afford those things at all. I'm not defending it, but you asked why they do it, and the answer, like the answer for almost every other question about business practices, is to make more money.

>REAL choice is having all of the games show up on all of the stores and you get to pick which store you buy it from... Steam is like a benevolent dictator who worked in favor of game customers.
really? is that why valve took the CHOICE to buy physical games away from pc gamers? meanwhile, the consoles that you guys shit on so much still have physical distribution.

absolutely /mystore/

Steam doesn't tell publishers to not make physical copies of their games, user.

What? You can still get physical PC games and steam fucking facilitates it. Some devs choose to only put a key in the box, but that's on them. I have a nice metal box version of Dark Souls 3 and Project Cars and I had the special edition of Wolfenstein TNO with the postcards and they all had the installer data on the disc.

>Steam, Origin, Uplay, Bethesda Launcher
>crickets.wav
>Epic suddenly worms its way in
>STEAM IS DEEEEEEAD
It's like the Chinese really are insects.

ARE YOU GUYS PREPARED FOR A NEW GOLDEN AGE OF TORRENTING?

Attached: ARE YOU READY.png (1152x864, 1.48M)

thanks to valve's bloatware, it's now the exception when a game has actual physical copies, not the rule.

That's because all of those only sold first party games and they didn't actively bribe publishers to prevent them from being sold on other stores.

Keep up user, we've been over this a few times already.

too bad it won't be possible once games go all streaming

>this "war" is 100% manufactured by shills and the media
this, it only exists because people are obsessed with the "death of x"

>only using steam to begin with
you are part of the problem

>steam weenies upset gabe lost to epic's giant cock
Go back to buying emotes and trading cards that you will never ever use. Or be a good goy and buy a "gold" profile, while I, a real gamer, will be playing Metro and other awesome PC Exclusives on Epic Store.

fpbp

Attached: 1447978316483.jpg (600x600, 65K)

I already have a blu-ray drive but they could always release games on flash drives. Read speed is irrelevant, the DRM free physical copies I have install the game from disc then run the game from HDD/SSD, I'm willing to give up an insignificant amount of convenience for paid digital distribution and all the negatives that come with it to disappear, not that that is possible because there are so many brainwashed drones such as yourself.
>convenience > everything else
kys, paying for a download cannot be justified. If you don't care about physical copies then you should be exclusively pirating.

or you could just buy a drm free digital copy and burn it onto a cd or flash drive instead of whining about a problem that doesn't actually exist

I'd prefer if we all had blu-ray drives and had a handful of DRM free games

Copy protection on discs is just as bad as DRM.
And you can bet your ass no publisher in the world would give out discs without it.

And just like that. The FPBP was captured.

Chinks don't use Epic store. They use CubeJoy. Get with the memes.

>But chinks used epic in my mind.....