Smash Ultimate

Who is the most blantant omission from this game? (No Western garbage)

Attached: Fighter Pass.jpg (1001x564, 580K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fqjkAXCgx7M&feature=youtu.be&t=873
youtube.com/watch?v=fTo7DZ0dIOU
youtube.com/watch?v=gGzamClGfkI
siliconera.com/2011/03/11/actually-the-monster-hunter-team-didnt-want-the-hunter-in-marvel-vs-capcom-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=MfvBLAgc8y8&t=32m15s
ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/nintendo-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach
youtube.com/watch?v=-bNCfEvQFUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Porky
>Lip
>Ryu Hayabusa
>Phoenix Wright
Find a flaw.

Isaac as a fighter

Nintendo's first fighting game character. A perfect fit for the game that probably would have made it if it wasn't for the whole debacle over his inclusion as an item or trophy in Melee. I'm glad he's an Assist, but I feel he's up to make the bump to playable.

Attached: suka.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

Waluigi. Not even memeing.

Reimu Hakurei

Attached: reimu_crosses_the_border_by_saijeehiguchi-d8cx75q.png (1024x576, 502K)

Isnt sukapon a she?

I still don’t understand not including Bomberman.

Jesus almighty, delete this right now

According to Japan it's Rex.

Attached: 1524098546894.jpg (750x1009, 94K)

Lip was excised from her own series

Sukapon is a robot.

Attached: il_570xN.1135731967_geej.jpg (570x713, 102K)

1st party:

Dixie
Toad
Rex
Excite Biker

3rd Party:
Ryu Hayabusa
Monster Hunter
Crash
Rayman
Steve
Doomguy
Phoenix Wright
Leon

"Remember me" guy.

No, Reimu should be in smash

Waluigi, but since Nintendo has tried to phase him out out of Mario Kart and Sakurai picked a mook enemy over him, it's not going to happen.

Japan has shit taste

They are the same people who want waddle dee

Ryu Hayabusa
Ninja Gaiden (and Contra I guess) is the most glaring omission as far as important NES games go.

>all these wrong answers

Attached: JLVC7JPWEM6LBA2OKYBGEWR4Y4.jpg (1024x679, 112K)

Pic related

Attached: download (4).jpg (290x174, 15K)

>Scrubbed from her own Series with reskins
>Never got a clean release like Arle
>Never got a return to form like Rayman

Attached: 1473684777405.jpg (344x580, 258K)

>(No Western garbage)
What is so triggering for you people about anything not made in Japan?

Yes, I want her in Smash too, I meant your pic, that shit is not Reimu goddamn.

The best RPG from the SNES doesn't even have an assist trophy

Attached: chronotrigger.0.jpg (1200x800, 254K)

Nintendo Puzzle Collection was her last big chance, too bad it's western release was cancelled.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts 3.14159265359 Days Over 2: A Fragmentary Passage: 5.0.

Not that I want them but the ones that seemed really likely but didn't happen are imho:

Dixie
Springman
Rex
Waluigi

Earthbound has been dead for decades. Mother 3 didn't even make it to the west. Be happy you got 2 characters.

Smash is a Japanese game. The only western characters that deserve to be in are first party like K. Rool and Diddy.

Not important

He shouldve have been playable

Its not fair bros

Attached: 2bc8rysbqve11.png (1049x550, 509K)

>sword slashes
>ranged attacks
>rocket charges
>rock 'em sock 'em robot for a final smash
>great BGMs
Either him or Rad Spencer would be easy adds

Attached: Capture.jpg (597x720, 85K)

OP said omission
this user was saying that reimu shouldn't be in smash. she is nothing more than a shitpost meme on the tier of waluigi and it's not like baneposting where it's actually funny it's just retard weebs with a shit meme that should have died in the first two days of it's existance.

1st party is Dixie and 3rd party is this guy. Assist trophy isn't enough.

Attached: brmn.jpg (800x800, 44K)

the question is not "Who", but rather "What," and the answer to that question is Smash Run.
It also includes the stagre builder, and any modes or features that could have been easily ported over from the 3ds and wii u modes.
While trophies are a sad thing to loose, its not so bad with the spirits. But the fact that all these modes and features are missing that would have been relatively simple to port is inexcusable. Smash tour was a mess, and squad strike supersedes it in every regard.
But dammit, smash run had real potential. Instead it will forever be locked to a system that can't handle it

Attached: SmashRun-7.png (637x346, 282K)

Also, where's Arthur?

Attached: super-ghouls-n-ghosts-03.png (640x480, 148K)

I don't know what's funnier: Nintendo purists REEEEing about third parties, or Japan purists REEEEing about the prospect of western characters.

I am 100% confident that at least one Fighter Pass will consist of a western IP.

blame square

Ryu Hayabusa is by far the biggest omission. I figure he HAS to be in Smash 6.

Waluigi

>sakurai said one of the main inspirations behind smash run was City Trial
>one of the best aspects about CT was being able to interact with players in the map
>you can’t in Smash Run
what a fucking waste of a good idea

Porky will be in.

Attached: 1547508112696.jpg (720x964, 142K)

He's a assist trophy from a series that already has plenty of representation.

I'd say Rex. I really don't care about him, but he seemed like an obvious shill pick.

>(No Western garbage)
Doomguy

Yet they added and will charge money for Piranha Plant

But he is literally the most blantant omission

Sephiroth & Crono are basically the only major omissions at this point
> Character of the Year Winners
> Winner: Link (Playable)
> Runners Up: Mario (Playable), Sephiroth (N/A), Crono (N/A), Samus (Playable)
> Winner: Cloud (Playable)
> Runners Up: Sephiroth (N/A), Mega Man (Playable), Link (Playable), Snake (Playable)
> Runners Up: Cloud (Playable), Samus (Playable), Mega Man (Playable), Sonic (Playable)
2005 Villains
> Winner: Sephiroth (N/A)
> Runner Up: Ganondorf (Playable), Bowser (Playable), Eggman (Spirit), Kefka (N/A)
> Runner Ups: Mario (Playable), Sephiroth (N/A), Cloud (Playable), Crono (N/A)
2006 Females
> Winner: Samus (Playable)
> Runner Up: Zelda (Playable). Yuna (N/A), Chun-Li (Trophy), Tifa (N/A)
> Runner Up: Cloud (Playable), Snake (Playable), Sephiroth (N/A), Samus (Playable)
> Runner Up: Snake (Playable), Cloud (Playable), Samus (Playable), Sephiroth (N/A)
> Runner Up: Snake (Playable), Crono (N/A), Cloud (Playable), Sephiroth (N/A)
> Runner Up: Cloud (Playable), Snake (Playable), Mario (Playable), Sephiroth (N/A)
> Winners: Link/Ganon (Playable)
> Runner Up: Mario/Bowser (Playable), Red/Blue (Playable), Cloud/Sephi (1/2 Playable), Samus/Ridley (Playable)
> Runner Up: Samus (Playable), Snake (Playable), Mewtwo (Playable), Mega Man (Playable)
> Runner Up: Zelda (Playable), Cloud (Playable), Mario (Playable), Samus (Playable)

Its not a meme
I legit want her in smash

Bomberman is missing, yeah.
Who hasn't played a Bomberman game? I feel that while not many people hold strong attachment to him, everyone's experienced Bomberman at least once, and the design is just a perfect blend of cool & cute. What a great mascot.

So Smash is Japanese, but you're already allowing Western characters in, which completely destroys your retarded claim.

They're both groups of faggots cut from the same cloth.

>No western garbage

kek. All of Rare it is.

>blantant omission
>No western garbage
If I can't choose Banjo, I'll say Geno. I don't care for Geno myself, but people have been campaigning for years since before brawl came out. It worked for Ridley and K.rool, so it's no doubt Square forcing Sakurai to make him DLC. They wanted Cloud to be DLC as well

>wanting a second FFVII character
>thinking Square will allow anything else of theirs to be in Smash after how they handled Cloud

>phase him out of Mario Kart
Since when? He was only absent from 7, it isn't like he was cut from 8 as well

It's Isaac. No one else comes close, except maybe Paper Mario.

suk a pon these nuts.

Banjo is from the UK, the only western characters added are directly owned by Nintendo & originated in the UK. So he still counts

How would Sephiroth's sword even work? It's bigger then his entire body

Yeah, and Plant was a waste too. Mario has more than enough representation.
Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Dragon Quest, Non-FFVII Final Fantasy, Minecraft, Doom, Crash, etc need it far more than yet another Mario character, especially a fucking meme one like Purple Luigi

Oh okay then fuck Geno. Banjo is the best answer.

WHY was he absent at all? To make room for Honey Queen and Wiggler, who are never coming back?

> Double Dragon, Steve, Doomguy, Crash
All irrelevant literal who's that nobody actually likes. Game popularity does not = Character popularity

What on earth makes you think that Crash is relevant enough for Smash?

Do we have one of these for games as well?

It's just weeaboos, plain and simple.

That doesn't stop her from unironically being in the same boat as scott pilgrim, freddy fazbear, shrek, goku, spongebob, waluigi, and bandana dee.

Elma and Xenoblade X in general got shafted super hard.

Attached: 1532182727659.png (393x377, 19K)

Hell if I know but what matters is that he's in 8 which is still pretty recent, as well as in other games

>Game popularity does not = Character popularity
Fucking retard

So you're just going to ignore the Crash/Mario rivalry and the fact he recently had the N. Sane remasters and the upcoming CTR remaster? Or is this yet another "I hate this character therefore nobody knows who he is!" shitpost?

Resident Evil character

Attached: Leon_S._Kennedy.png (175x486, 93K)

Attached: 1522472628956.jpg (607x643, 95K)

Dixie Kong and Waluigi are the only correct answers. Dixie was good enough to headline her own game in the DKC trilogy and has made several return appearances in Mario spinoffs and The DK gsmes after 64. Waluigi may be a meme character, but he's clearly one people care about, and Rosalina got a lot of backlash in Smash 4 for being chosen over Daisy or Waluigi.

And what exactly makes 3rd string Mario Spin-Off character Waluigi relevant outside of autists on twitter and meme spouting retards?

excuse me what the fuck is that model

Attached: 1547540589545.jpg (850x963, 100K)

Who's that?

He was actually relevant in Japan compared to most western third party requests.

geno is really the only character i'd want to be satisfied with the roster at this point.

Attached: shake.gif (512x512, 573K)

>Dixie was good enough to headline her own game in the DKC trilogy
Nobody liked it when she had her own game and everyone missed Diddy and DK. And she hasn't had too many spinoff appearances, since it's usually just Diddy. There's nothing glaring about her omission at all.

>So you're just going to ignore the Crash/Mario rivalry
This is all in your head. The only rival Mario has ever had is Sonic. Crash is not a rival, Jak is not a rival, Rayman is not a rival, Gex is not a rival.
Pretty much every game ever developed has been remastered this generation, Crash is nothing special.
youtube.com/watch?v=fqjkAXCgx7M&feature=youtu.be&t=873
You sound like this guy. Crash is not nearly as relevant as you want him to be, get over it.

I know, and i hate the memes,

It makes it worse for people like me that legitimately love touhou and want her in because we like the character

The remake trilogy sold less than 45k in Japan.

So yes, you're yet another "I don't care about/like this thing therefore it is irrelevant BECAUSE I SAID SO THAT'S WHY!!" retard.

He's a Nintendo character who has tons of personality and everyone loves him, therefore he is the only character who should be added.

Balloon Fighter and Excitebike are retro reps that have a legacy stretching into the modern era, so I think each of them should have been a fighter.
>But Villager has Ballon Fighter's sole gimmick!
Not quite true. Balloon Fighter could possibly pump up new balloons, pop them, use flippers, lightning bolts, wind, etc.

It literally is, Samus is the most popular female character ever & even beats Pikachu every time. But her games sell like shit

Correction: Nobody liked Kiddy. DKC3 still sold well and didn't get mostly negative reviews. People were clamoring for her when she was absent in DK64 and she's usually on people's wishlist for Mario Kart additions.

Pic very related

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

>everyone loves him
Citation needed

Travis, Suda said he wouldn't be in Ultimate but I'm doubting it so maybe not?

Attached: TravisTouchdown_Classic-Mode3.png (1280x720, 1.9M)

Nintendo only agreed to have Ayane in Fatal Frame due to DoA5 being a commercial success. They want nothing to do with DoA now that 6 is flopping

>Samus is the most popular female character ever
You mean Princess Peach, right?

Have you not seen all the petitions? all the reaction videos of people pining for him? How he's the top choice in every poll and list?

A shame since 6 is actually a solid fighter

Tecmo killed it by trying to appeal to sjws, pissing off the fans

>People were clamoring for her when she was absent in DK64 and she's usually on people's wishlist for Mario Kart additions.
Do you only hang out with people who love Dixie?

Depends on what you want
>NES era reps with legacy even to this day
Ryu Hayabusa, Arthur from GnG, and a Dragon Quest rep would be the top choices. Goemon and Bill Rizer (Contra) would also be good...
>Big Japanese franchises not in Smash yet
A Hunter from MH, Chris or Leon from RE, Chosen Undead/Solaire of Astoria from Dark Souls, Heihachi from Tekken...
>Western Picks
Dohvahkin from Skyrim, Doomguy from Doom, Tracer from OW, MC from Halo, Rayman or the Rabbids from Ubisoft, Crash and Spyro...
>First Party
Probably Dixie Kong and Excitebiker, given the popularity of the first one and the long lasting nature of the Excite series...

It was the model used for a Touhou smash bros that got canned because ZUN wouldn't let them crowdfund and the creators lost their shit over it.

Attached: 1485153983472.png (128x245, 69K)

There's only room for one swordsman here.

Attached: Dirk_the_Daring-0.png (320x500, 104K)

It's from a cancelled Smash clone that copied the mechanics of Melee. It could have been pretty good if you exclude the terrible look of the characters.
youtube.com/watch?v=fTo7DZ0dIOU

lowkey surprised we got no ARMS characters despite the fact it was a flop

Attached: 8ZwTdpKkjP.png (898x824, 835K)

You both mean Ms. Pac-Man, right?

unironically all of these

Attached: 1549660235147.png (578x326, 308K)

Nope because Tifa is vastly more popular then Peach & Tifa couldn't even beat Samus
> Whose your favorite character
> Tifa (79,000 Votes) > Peach (41,300 Votes)
> Samus (72,773 Votes) > Tifa (71,355 Votes)

>Kirby is 3rd
Based

Attached: 48f8cdb58e2348bf93c5da01f2d2787e.png (1280x1772, 1.2M)

>Meme votes on a silly online poll
Let me guess, you'll link me to a change.org petition next. Right?

Splatoon barely made the cutoff point and Yabuki said Arms was too young for smash, so I was surprised Sprig Munn is an assist.

>all of the furfags voted for isabelle

Attached: 1534469128400.png (584x470, 366K)

>b-but
If people didn't want him and he was a hipster choice, his vote count would be where Jibanyan's is.

>No one fucking cares about Mario

IIRC he's also he one with nonbotted votes, so he's more or less the legitimate first.

>ctrl+f "goku"
>1 result
>not answering op
Bad thread.

honestly as long as scorpion or doomguy aren't in, I will never buy a smash game and that's fine with me. so just put banjo and whatever in. I don't wanna have to buy this shitshow of a game. especially since I hear smash online is fucking trash and you have to pay for it now. what a travesty

>1.2 million votes
i dont care if that poll was for a meme or not, 1.2 million people voting for him is a fucking lot and should say something

Attached: 1519330331141.png (736x460, 357K)

>steve
die.

Smash is literally advertised as a videogame without borders now, you stupid fuck. western or eastern, 1st party or 3rd, from a Nintendo console or not (but they usually are), it doesn't fucking matter.

Attached: 3rd party tier list.jpg (3101x5848, 1.88M)

>>Never got a clean release like Arle
Puyo isn't much better, depending on which characters/universe you're a fan of.

only the boomer and dudebro tier are based. fuck the rest.

They've been the most obvious omission since 1999

Attached: Boomjo.jpg (1080x1055, 360K)

Isabelle is the reason I'm a furry now

Attached: 1552259216830.jpg (612x379, 30K)

> FF is literally a 26 Billion dollar franchise
> All of it's characters somehow not being in Normie tier
Kill yourself

>Goemon
I don't know how my heart would take it. I would [probably cry just hearing him call out "GOEMON IMPACTO" even as an assist trophy.

Who wouldn't love Kirby, after all?

Attached: 2 jolly fellows having a good time.png (960x893, 500K)

I haven't been following much, but has there been any other fighter confirmed (and I mean actually CONFIRMED) other than Joker?
And when the fuck are we going to get them?
I paid money for a fighter's pass and still it's radio silence, I want extra character Nintendo REEEE

Attached: 342621356311.jpg (606x326, 93K)

>I haven't been following much, but has there been any other fighter confirmed (and I mean actually CONFIRMED) other than Joker?
Nope
>And when the fuck are we going to get them?
At least for Joker, either before the end of this month or the next.

needs d.va and steve in cringe tier but other than that pretty based

Any answer other than Bomberman is wrong. This is it.

Attached: maxresdefault (14).jpg (1280x720, 130K)

They've already announced that Joker will come around/with the next big content update "Before the end of April" so we're waiting for that. Whether or not they also namedrop the 2nd character is up to them but we're just anticipating the first character and what the update has.

Custom Robo
Ray01

Attached: Ray 01.png (421x746, 297K)

Rex/Pyra/Mythra

He would hold it backhand

Attached: images.jpg (209x241, 8K)

when they do the second 5 dlc characters he will be the first one released

This. I'm not salty at all and I love Plant anyhow, but if there even was an omission that was truly blatant, it's him.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x331, 1.03M)

No, but datamining confirmed that Joker's stage is Mementos. He also has a "Jane" alt costume with a ponytail.
Joker should release with 3.0 next month. They could throw in the next character as a surprise, or at least announce it after going over the update.

An actually new Zelda character

This, I just want him in to complete the four

>tretra

Marin
It'll tie in well with Link's Awakening remake.

> Nintendo's first fighting game character
Urban Champion says hi

>Dixie
>Toad
>SpringMan
>Waddle Dee
>Rex
>Waluigi

These are the only correct answers

Dixie Kong

DKC2 is the best game out of the original SNES games and she was the MC in that one along with Diddy

Anyone but her

Primarina

Attached: Angry_Primarina.jpg (1200x900, 459K)

No but i'm not a retarded faggot like you

More Capcom characters.
Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Leon Kennedy, Akuma or Chun Li, Amatarasu, Zero, Dante, Viewtiful Joe...

ffFFUCK JUST MAKE NINTENDO V CAPCOM ALREADY DAMMIT

Attached: 1512560207490.png (321x318, 226K)

> Smash Ultimate
Don't you mean Smash in general? Why spefically Ultimate? Not all of these character anons listed are getting in.

I just want Dante.

Bomberman.

Hes a classic character that has at least one game on almost every console since his creation.

Dixie Kong

Good

Id like Geno and Banjo as they have been wanting in for a while

Attached: 1551895483234.png (650x650, 77K)

A good chunk of the assist trophies would have made better fighters
Ignore Waluigi though I didn’t make pic related

Attached: 2B4E4721-37CC-42E2-AD9F-FDFD000811B9.png (960x720, 527K)

Smash Ultimate would basically be perfect, roster wise, if those on the right got in.

Be fucking happy Shovel Knight is in retard

Terry Bogard both male and female
like the wii fit trainer

Attached: Capture.png (464x568, 515K)

fuck assist trophies

A dude named Takyata.

Bomberman and Protoman in boomer tier.
Chun-Li in weeaboo.

Then it will be perfect.

I was fucking elated when he was revealed I didn’t make the image tard that’s why Twitters most wanted Waluigi is there

That looks much further along than I thought they got. Holy shit the art is terrible though.

Plant is unironically more recognizable than any of those characters on the right, no wonder why it got in.

ahahahaha holy shit I can see that happening, I want it now

So replace some characters then or make your own, don't be a lazy fucker.

That’s literally why it was chosen. No one is disputing who is more recognizable here

They really did move at a fast pace. They had 2 characters and two stages in ~130 days.

Honestly this, I really don’t think anybody is actually excited about the idea of playing as Dixie she’s just one of those “fuck it I want more DK” characters with no actual fan base.

Leon Scott Kennedy tied with a classic Square character (Crono, Terra, Mog, Black/Red Mage, Cecil, etc), Paper Mario

One of those

Attached: supersmashbrosfighterspass.png (1432x670, 749K)

> Not ignoring Isaac

Boomer tier shouldnt exist, a lot of the picks are either Edgy, Weaboo, normie or cringe.

I respect most of the right but Bomberman is unironically the most boring fucking pick

Home-Run Contest, with Break The Targets runner-up

Reimu will always be a legitimate pick, as long as there are people who unironically support shit like Shovel Knight, Quote or Shantae. Unlike the other indie shitters, Reimu actually has a strong legacy and importance to gaming.

Dixxie is the only explicit one I can think off.
Maybe Loui, maybe Dark Matter Swordsman.

>Posting this shitpost image
I’m hoping the person made this list is at least aware that it’s garbage.

Fair enough, 2nd one then. Just that Urban Champion is a little shallow.

Isn't it pretty fucking obvious?

Attached: Goku_SS_Powering_Up_(Cooler_s_Revenge).jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Zzz

Snake was honestly the worst addition to Smash because it opened the floodgates for tangentially related characters to be suggested as if they're "deserving." Characters like Ryu Hayabusa haven't meant shit to Nintendo is forever and a garbage Wii U port of the worst game doesn't change that.

Choco/Mog

Attached: d22gtnv-ef1ea798-30c0-47eb-99cd-4f8e556329d0.png (700x559, 443K)

3rd parties are based, sorry fag.

Absolutely

desu the only bad smash ultimate newcomer was incineroar and chrom and daisy are just harmless echos that could have been alt skins.
That being said, i do agree that some assist trophies could have been better newcomers

>Doomguy
Where did this faggot meme come from and why does every fag with no taste have his dick so far down their throat? where and why did this literal who get all this support from?

same reason why retards want steve

> 182 replies
> Not a single user has mentioned Ashley
Absolute retards, she a shoo-in at this point.

Attached: DpeTa9dWsAA0tXE.jpg (1200x1200, 90K)

Why can't Sonic have his sidekick?

Attached: Tails.png (1982x1347, 1.39M)

Wonder Red

Rayman

His character design was made for smash.

If it wasn't Snake, it would be another. Third parties are added because of the shock factor

> Not a single female character on the right
Fucking incel, i'm glad people doesn't have control over the roster decisions.

who?

It's not 3rd parties that are the problem. Simon, Ryu SF, Mega Man and Sonic all have a rich history with Nintendo. Ryu Hayabusa doesn't was my point. So to answer the question of blatant omissions with Ryu Hayabusa seems inaccurate

kill yourself

You go first incel, imagine having a grudge against women that it also affets video game. Fucking pathethic.

Go back.

Cope incel

philistines hating on the chad roar

LMAOing @ your life rn senpai

we're getting wario's wife if anything

Attached: Mona.png (508x673, 69K)

Wasnt she like in the top 5 during japanese most wanted/expected smash characters?
Rex and Ashley are basically shoe ins for the next game or "Fighter Pass 2"

It's not Reimu's fault that the smash community is painfully ignorant when it comes to Japanese games. Treating her as a meme only puts emphasis on that.

This probably wouldn't fucking happen, but I sincerely HOPE we see a current AT have a playable character, as well- just so we can see characters like Ashley and Shadow make it, and for the internet to suffer a meltdown

Attached: rs_355x210-140404140948-tumblr_moohomos111ql0k28o1_400.gif (355x210, 1011K)

Porky

And im not even talking about him as DLC
Where the fuck is he

There's probably gonna be a direct or some shit around the time Reggie's retiring.

>Toad
Based and buppilled

Attached: mega mush.jpg (713x723, 49K)

the 2hus actually play really nice

youtube.com/watch?v=gGzamClGfkI

>despite the fact it was a flop
Didn't it sell 2 million copies though? I'd say that's decent for a new IP, especially since it was released earlier on when the Switch had a smaller install base.

ur mom lmao

Ultimate's missing a dark horse retro character.

Agree on the 1st party but I'd add ARMS as well.

Elma. Classic characters still have plenty of chances to be in future Smash Bros games or post-Fighters Pass DLC but lets face it if any Xenoblade character gets added now it'll be Rex.

HE'S IN

Attached: Leon_holding_knife_RE4.png (560x500, 196K)

The only list worth mentioning

>Walugi
>Paper Mario
>Dixie Kong
>Black Shadow/Deathborn
>Issac
>Skull Kid
>Springman/Ribbon Girl
>Octoling

Nobody else comes remotely close. Fight me, too bitch

She wasn't even in Nintendo Puzzle Collection.

>Issac
>Paper fucking Mario
>Dixie
>Octoling
You're beyond salvation.

Attached: 752.png (242x210, 134K)

hahah get recked.

Attached: steve.png (600x545, 287K)

Zoomzoom.

> This list
Might as well include Glass Joe or King Hippo while you are at it

fpbp (fourth post best post)
i'm convinced they're keeping him for later like they did with ridley

Of first parties, right now, Porky Minch.

Attached: PresidentPorky.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Phoenix Wright. Not as a character but in terms of any kind of representation. How is there NOTHING from Ace Attorney at all in this game?

This, in fact even dumb shit like color TV would actually be good, I don't see any assist trophy out the 59 that is a blatant no like say fortnite guy since mooks are apparently okay now.

Attached: Waluigi Artwork.png (846x1007, 369K)

But he is not missing, he is still in the game.

For the longest time I thought he would never get in before Monster Hunter, but seeing that Capcom deconfirmed the Hunter already, PW actually has a decent chance.

His only other Capcom competition is from Resident Evil. I do think Leon or Jill has a higher chance overall, but Phoenix could be deemed more important since AA7 is coming out for Switch, while RE is only getting ports on switch.

>That model

You crossed the line alright, yeesh.

Goku in dudebro

Thank fuck Sakurai has a track record of treating his third parties well, at least we know he would stick closer to the ZUN style.

Attached: b4ea780ea04ef256cf5928988f6d2b38.jpg (552x620, 151K)

>all these goons saying waluigi

Fuck off, he's existed for nearly 20 years at this point and has never amounted to anything beyond just being filler in Mario spinoffs. Comparing him to shit like Ridley and K. Rool is retarded because those characters were and still are important to their respective series, being the most reoccuring anatagonists in a multitude of mainline Metroid/DK games. All Waluigi has is just a bunch of nerds crying on the internet and memes.

Including him also sets a bad precedent because because I guess now any minor shitty character can get in if people whine about it.

Attached: gru.jpg (512x512, 26K)

>No Geno after over a decade of people begging for him
>Gets his Mii costume cut
Square is just being salty about Cloud not being DLC so they most likely are making Geno DLC.

All the third party Mii Fighter costumes (ie Zero, Knuckles, Heihachi, etc) got cut.

>dudebro
>based
What the fuck

Knowing that Alucard almost made it in instead of Simon will forever pain me. It's insane how brainless the Belmont's playstyle is and how interesting/fun Alucard would have been.

You only hate him because he's more well known than your literal who

An ARMS rep is the only blatant omission but the excuse from the ARMS team was that the roster was already decided before ARMS came around. Otherwise everything else I'd a niche pick only talked about because internet popularity in certain circles. OP asks for glaring omissions and at this point there aren't many.

I don't get it.

>ctrl+F
>Mike
>NO RESULTS FOUND

Attached: mikejones.jpg (800x450, 67K)

Unironically Erdrick.
Dragon Quest is a long running, Nintendo tied, genre inventing series and it really needs representation regardless of what rosterfags think.

Attached: 1539743896572.jpg (1090x1200, 327K)

based, waluigi is for retards

Attached: 1550520087370.jpg (1161x1404, 348K)

He's a literal never ever, Japan never got Startropics, so I doubt Sakurai knows about him. Dude didn't even get a spirit.

Yooo, that's Shesez!

>but seeing that Capcom deconfirmed the Hunter already
Yikes that's where your wrong

>B-but Capcom said they want Monster Hunter to be represented by Monsters and not Hunters!
They said that, yes but that was 8 years ago BEFORE Monster Hunter appeared in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

>B-but they didn't ask permission!
Wrong!
In the same interview where they stated they wanted Monster Hunter to be represented by Monsters and not Hunters they said "You also have to get permission from the producer of that series to include the character and however they are implemented." Which means they must've changer their mind since then.
siliconera.com/2011/03/11/actually-the-monster-hunter-team-didnt-want-the-hunter-in-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

>T-they didn't ask permission for how Dante is represented!
Devil May Cry =/= Monster Hunter and plus the English voice actor for Dante said this, how would he know that?

Attached: mh dab.png (774x1032, 452K)

Then slap startropics onto the nes online lineup, ez. then make startropics 3

Anything from Mario + Rabbids or Rayman itself.

I mean, given it's been in development for so long. And released in 2017. Rayman, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Mario and Rabbid Kong have been omitted as Spirits. Although I find it odd that there isn't even music from any of those games. Mario + Rabbids being a wilder exclusion. Is there even someone else in that game that could technically be viable for Smash?

Even still, it seems so obvious to me that Geno has to be in the fighter pass. There's no way they wouldn't get such an easy cash grab. Niggas fanboy for this character so hard.

Jak and Daxter

Attached: 3368277-jak.png (1920x1920, 1.46M)

They would've announced monster hunter at the game awards since mh world won best rpg this year. Persona 5 won the previous year so that's why joker got announced. Get back to your corner hunterfaggot, rathalos is all you're getting.

a side role in a spinoff does not count.
just as bad as waluigi

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Please fuck off faggot. Ryu Hayabusa is the only good choice there. Phoenix Wright is alright, but he shouldn't be in Smash. Porky is also alright but there are a lot of characters that deserve to be in a lot more.

>Implying I said I wanted him in

Attached: 801112_mrpeculiart_isabelle-at-hard-work.png (3000x3802, 3.34M)

> Relevancyfag/Legacyfag
Sakurai adds whoever the fuck he wants, stop spewing this kind of bullshit

imagine if isabelle drank from that hose until her arms were too full and heavy to remove it wouldnt that be funny haha

its happening with doom eternal. get ready to get blown the fuck outta the water

Attached: 1551905206183.png (1275x1920, 3.82M)

Not that faggot but you're a brainless fool if you think geno has even a sliver of a chance.

The only way Porky or Mother 3 could ever happen is if there's a "Mother Trilogy Switch" announced. Until then, not even a chance.

It's a fair point but Porky wouldn't sell or get any new cross-promotion audience like Snake did in Brawl.

I don't, I'm a Wonderbro, but it's a shitty excuse nonetheless.

The sprite on the left is the one used in Smash. It's the sprite used before Porky gets in the Absolutely Safe Capsule.
The one on the right is the sprite not in Smash, and it's for after Porky gets in the Capsule. Meaning Porky is not in Smash in any shape or form.

So then why aren't Waluigi/Ashley/whatever playable then?

Everyone thought he was a shoe-in.
We got baited hard.

Attached: Shadow happy.jpg (640x960, 75K)

Because they want Monster Hunter's reveal to coincide with the 15th anniversary

How the fuck should I know? Do I look like someone who works on Smash?

But if you want an answer, it's mostly because ballot and bringing everyone back, there is a reason we only got a few newcomers you know

Does that mean IT'S HAPPENING?

Attached: 1455169373983.jpg (960x640, 72K)

Both of these characters are relevant though

Some slight sprite change in a cutscene from a GBA means a character from a game that never got released in America is totally going to be in Smash because Mutt weeb autists are insane and think they know more about nintendo games than the actual game designers.

>Dixie Kong
>Toad / Captain Toad
>Waddle Dee / Bandana Waddle Dee
These are literally the only first party characters with any significant merit left
I don't care if you don't want them or not but there's strong arguments you can make for each

Attached: battletoads.png (1798x1225, 976K)

>Toad
He'd be boring, but it's still weird he isn't in.
>Waluigi
Biggest normie choice.
>Excitebiker
Considering how often Excitebike is referenced in Mario Kart, I don't get why he's not in.
>Skull Kid
This is the most consistent choice Zelda fans have asked for.
>Ryu Hayabusa
Ninja Gaiden was huge on the NES just like CV and Mega Man.

Her

Attached: ELma_new_eyes_img_chara0101_thumb.jpg (240x240, 13K)

>King Hippo
He'd be a super heavyweight Mac that hits hard, but has an even worse recovery. Could be interesting.

She deserves to be in

youtube.com/watch?v=MfvBLAgc8y8&t=32m15s
This part sums it up

This. Elma is better than Rex in every single way, the only reason Rex is in is because it's the most popular Xenoblade game.

unironically based

Attached: 1549331815969.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

This mouth breathing faggots opinions are no different than Yea Forums's. Don't ever share this garbage again.
>muh moveset potential
>muh relevancy

With one character for the DLC confirmed my personal list now is:
>Reimu
>Doomguy
>Dante/Trish or Leon/Jill
>Monster Hunter
What does this say about me.

Go be a faggot elsewhere. Literal squatter known for butting in and stealing memes.

>mouth breathing faggots
>no different than Yea Forums's
Then it fits perfectly here.

I seriously doubt we'll get dlc for existing franchises because of stage/music being new

That's my point. It's redundant and unnecessary, dumb nigger.

Waddle dee, dixie, an actual retro rep, tom nook and springman

also this desu

I wanted him in because Ultimate lacked a retro newcomer.
And his game was really fun.

A bit ironic that for all the complaints of anime swordsman, there's not one Samurai playable.

Attached: Takamaru.png (384x716, 243K)

i gotta be real with you
he fucking deserves to be here

Attached: 1547174443192.png (960x540, 451K)

can no one fucking read? he op said omission not inclusion. He means who should be EXCLUDED NOT INCLUDED LEFT OUT NOT ALLOWED NON PARTICIPATING NOT ADDED

Meh, Great, Great, Great
Pretty much a 4/5

Icons that I can think oft
Rayman
Bomberman ( yes I know its an asist trophy
Banjo kazzoie
A PC game rep

Most of all a Resident evil rep, Leon would have to be the number one choice. Resident evil 4 has probably been ported more than skyrim and it all began on the gamecube. Id love to see him in it.

Does it feel good having less neurons than fingers?

Attached: 1501677031953.png (512x512, 324K)

Does the Japanese sperg over the roster as much as the Americans?

Ahem

Attached: 1.jpg (1008x563, 115K)

>heihachi mii costume got cut
BUT WHY,whats the logic here, the fucking game is partly made by namco and pac man is still in too

I'd personally veto that despite how much I adored the game because we'd inevitably get Rabbid Peach instead of every other better Rabbid in that game.

>No Western garbage
yikes!

The most blatant omissions are Doom Guy and Ranger!

Attached: Ranger Quake 1.jpg (1018x784, 85K)

Vaati

>Vaati
(s)he a cute

Amazing taste user. Both Sparkster and Bionic Commando in your list? Are you me?

Similar to Rocket Knight, I think Earthworm Jim would have had a serious chance at Smash if the series had continued

Attached: Huh.png (494x371, 124K)

As much as I hate to say it, you’re right

with RF5 coming out in 2020 and RF4S sometime this year, this is my never-ever

Attached: raguna.png (426x957, 454K)

ctrl+f "Porky"
>11 of 11 results

He's in

REMINDER:

>Mother's 30th Anniversary
>perfect series rep
>fits in with villains theme
>over the top style perfect for smash
>tons and tons of potential for moveset
>not a SINGLE reference to Porky beyond the Absolutely Safe Capsule
>in a game with spirits including Ness' dad and Buzz Buzz
>even his boss fight is INEXPLICABLY absent
>in a game where they UPDATED HIS PORK COPTER TO LOOK LIKE PIC RELATED

YEAR OF THE PIG BABY

Attached: heli.png (1003x797, 487K)

objectively bomberman. he's the most glaring omission from the playable roster at this point. i feel awful for his hardcore fans.

yep, it's him.

Blatant omission means it’s a significant series. With that in mind
>Jill or Leon
>Ryu Hayabusa
>Dante
>Bomberman
>Alucard
>Paper Mario
>Monster Hunter
Note, the only one in there I really want is Bomberman

Attached: 1551576016799.png (500x500, 201K)

Yeah, if Konami ever gets a new rep on a future title, Bomberman or Alucard are first in line. I understand why they added Simon though

There’s a weird amount of Mother series love in the game too
>Kuma and Boney
>Masked man background
>Hinawa and Claus the last 2 spirit fights in WOL
>You get the masked man spirit for beating WOL
I wouldn’t get my hopes up, though

It's too late, my hopes are up

I really don’t want Shadow in would have preferred Knuckles or Metal Sonic but I was sure we’d be getting him due to his popularity and ease of being an Echo

This would all convince me if he wasn't a literal who. Nintendo is picking the characters and they want to sell. I'm not sure that Porky equates to $$$

Easily a Monster Hunter rep seeing how Rathalos is a boss in World of Light and other bosses are from games with characters or Smash originals.

>(No Western garbage)

haha

Attached: 1528120783_Geralt DAB.jpg (378x198, 15K)

I unironically would love Reimu in Smash with this art style but tweaked to be more appealing. never gonna happen though.

Attached: 1200px-809Melmetal.png (1200x1200, 672K)

It's worth noting that Castlevania and Mega Man stayed with Nintendo though while NG jumped ship

dont wanna make another thread for this, but do you guys think there will be a dlc pass 2? so 5 more characters on top of this?

Best answer here imo. Not enough horror in Smash, and RE has enough action and camp to not be too jarring.
On paper Alucard would just be another swordie, which is a shame since he has much more moveset potential. They could do some cool stuff with angled aerial attacks like you could do in SOTN or his teleport backstab attack (as his side B with alternate QCF input), in addition to spells and other forms.
>tfw we get soma instead as castlevania corrin
Travis is my personal first choice. I like Incineroar but he's going on my shit list if they think he alone fills the wrestler quota.
>wanting dante or zero to ruin another crossover game
>not even a spirit
Was hoping we'd get a song, but I forgot we needed more Big Blue remixes.
I wanted him or Sukapon back during the Brawl days, but after seeing his AT form I don't feel like I'm missing out on much. I like the older anime style here, he just looks generic in Smash.

>Simon, Ryu SF, Mega Man and Sonic all have a rich history with Nintendo.
>Ryu Hayabusa doesn't
Let me guess... you only know Ryu from the blood-and-boobs Team Ninja games and not his original NES trilogy.

>soma as castlevania corrin
Please do not compare Soma with garbage.

It IS mother’s 30th anniversary... Who knows? They could do some kind of trilogy thing and announce Porky at the same time
If only

I had hopes that with his game finally having a western release that Sakurai could justify adding him to smash. Either him or Sable Prince

Literally the second most, debatably THE most iconic Castlevania game and the most influential game in the genre was on the PSX. That's not a very good example of sticking with Nintendo
This also isn't counting Mega Man X4-8 being PlayStation exclusive, as well as the entire Legends series being multiplat

Attached: 1550539337220.jpg (1200x1172, 409K)

Attached: 1523135330684.png (440x322, 156K)

They're releasing it on the 13th alongside Kid Icarus, but still only in America. Japan instead gets the first Fire Emblem game.

>Toad
Honestly this. He would be a boring as fuck addition but given his recurring important role in the series he seems like he'd be his own character already. Especially when the creation of Captain Toad gave him more moveset potential.
He should've been the joke Mario character instead of Piranha Plant

Startropics is on NES online now? Hell yeah

Probably eventually. SSB4 would have had more but the Wii U was doomed. And there won't be plans for another sequel for years

I am cool with all of these, I don't expect the rest of the DLC really cattering to my taste but I hope to get at least one fighter I am excited for. Reimu is my top choice but since her reveal would just nuke everything I doubt it will happen.

Reminder that Porky is Skull Kid 2.0

I’m surprised Captain Toad wasn’t added

Not yet, but in two days.

Wonder why he deleted it.

I don't think there really are any at this point.

Got my date wrong.

This is the same retarded logic used to justify Snake which was exactly my point. Snake opened the floodgates for you mouthbreathers even though he was a request from kojima rather than a Nintendo all star

user, her reveal nuking everything is why it should happen.

Yeah, ZUN's style can look really appealing when done by a competent artist. I could see it translating well to 3D.

Attached: 4a27d5f0fe3b0ba9d5d7b13ed52b7373.jpg (398x700, 196K)

Nobody counts Snake as an NES-era character, as those games he had were garbage and denounced from the whole franchise.

>All of the original games are in Nintendo
>Became primarily known as a portable series due to it's success on the GBA and DS
>All the original Mega Man games are on Nintendo consoles with multiple Nintendo handheld exclusive spinoffs and collections
>Ninja Gaiden had an NES trilogy and then fucked off to Microsoft and Sony for everything afterward

I'm not saying NG wouldn't be a sick inclusion but Ryu isn't a glaring omission and definitely not on the same level as Simon and Mega Man in significance to Nintendo

>Ninja Gaiden had an NES trilogy
And a Game Boy spin-off, and a (poorly-made) remastering of his trilogy for SNES.

He IS the Absolutely Safe Capsule. It's a joke inline with Mother's sense of humor. A couple of pixels difference between the capsule before and after he enters doesn't mean shit; Sakurai was just careless. Also, they had to redesign the stage anyway; it's not that farfetched that they would replace the helicopter to better match the game, especially when the original Fourside barely had any semblance to the actual game, and that doesn't mean Porky is in.
I wouldn't even mind him as a character and think he has cool moveset potential, but you Porkyfags are actually in denial. Mother is an obscure series that was lucky to get 2 reps; it wouldn't have gotten any at all if Ness didn't make it into Smash 64 as the random pick and grandfathered the series in. There is no villain theme in the first place, and not every series needs villain representation on top of that.

Just interjecting to bring this up, history with Nintendo got debunked a while ago, it is not a requirement.
ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/nintendo-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach

All of this applies to Daisy and she made it in too.

She was technically in since Melee as a palette swap for Peach.

This timeline is too shitty for something cool like that.

This is the only Never Ever that hurts. Shame the game is on a dead console and didn't get the recognition it deserved.

It's practically insulting to say that Porky is even the "main" villain when he only did it for the last game.

>Wonderful 101 ported to switch so more people can play it
>Wonder Red added to Smash to boost interest
>Wonderful 102 put into production

Attached: D2F79F0B-EDA3-4BE2-91E5-2FE389ACABC5.gif (278x156, 2.99M)

I mean you say that but the rest of the games still ended up in GBA/DS until their westernization shit with LoS

I would love Porky but literally every point here is extremely desperate

Attached: 1540235844410.gif (800x450, 683K)

Not saying it isnt. But the thread title is about glaring omissions. Joker wasn't a glaring omission either even if he breaks the mold.

I'm glad sonicfags and especially shadowfags are put in their place

>omission
Everyone is here already.

Assist Trophy status for flops.

I'm just glad sonic's in, could care less about edgehog, Knuckles could've been cool doe

Attached: image0 (3).jpg (733x490, 87K)

Yes, as an echo fighter that took no time to develop. Can't do that with Waluigi.

Funny thing is, Daisy has more under her belt than Waluigi: She appeared in Mario Land and is also a playable character in Super Mario Run, both of which are considered to be mainline Mario platformers by Nintendo.

>all these Leonchads now

HEY, IT'S UP TO US TO TAKE DOWN ERDRICK

Attached: 12189594_1019730471424789_5043564770494477604_n.jpg (564x564, 28K)

It didn't do that badly for a new IP. But I don't think the series has lasting potential like Splatoon. Most people have forgotten about it already and a sequel would probably do pretty poorly.

It still hurts

Attached: 1551221921541.jpg (751x456, 256K)

It still has an active community, events and had a year of free support.

Each of the 3rd parties easily could’ve had echoes. It hurts just thinking about it.

found the zoomer

daisy literally has mainline game appearances unlike filler guy

Liquid would have been good. His Final Smash would've been controlling metal gear REX and attacking everybody with it.

>Being a Banjo Kazooie fan and knowing they will never get in

Attached: 1550008704891.jpg (320x287, 18K)

focus on him getting a new game first, then the smash discussion comes in later.

Attached: 1549861189990.jpg (456x456, 38K)

Waluigi is in the game fag

HE'S IN

Attached: 6bb19ed1bc51228ac7985dc738c35f9d.jpg (500x634, 36K)

>Western garbage

If Sakurai's looking for influential franchises in video game history he could do much worse.

>weebbait garbage

>we're gonna get Rex next game when every party member would be more fun and unique to play as than him

This sucks, man.

This except replace MH and Reimu with literally anyone else

>Nia the healslut
>Morag and Tora who sit there and facetank

Zeke would literally be the only interesting one and he comes late as fuck. Meanwhile Rex gets you Pyra, Mythra and Pneuma to work with and any element. Just because you're a contrarian allergic to main characters doesn't mean Rex is a bad choice

I don’t even want to take down Erdrick, I just want him in.

Attached: EDF4A2C0-B556-48BD-BAB3-74E9C8703BC9.jpg (524x618, 35K)

Characters that should be playable in the next game.

1st party

Rex + Pyra
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl
Octolings
Isaac / Felix
Ray MK III
Waluigi

3rd party

Bomberman
Ryu Hayabusa
Terry Bogard
Banjo Kazooie
Travis Touchdown
Zero
Shadow or Knuckles

If you hate any of these you're just some underage meme fag who would rather have some shitty character instead.

Rex. Spring Man. Maybe Octolings. That's it.

Fighters Pass 2 is not happening.

As a rule I'm not counting assist trophies as omissions. I think Isaac should be a fighter, but he's in the game (and not just a .png, I wouldn't count a spirit) and takes part in fights in some form, so he's not omitted in my opinion. With that in mind,

I don't mind Inceroar, but Decidueye really would have been the better choice in my opinion, giving us 3 final form starters all of differing types : water, fire, and then grass. A bird Pokemon of that type would be pretty unique too, not that Inceroar isn't unique in his own right mind you.

I think Impa definitely belongs in there, if not as a fighter than at least as an assist trophy (I'm thinking in a form more along her Hyrule Warriors model, not her older forms).

Paper Mario should be his own fighter or a stage hazard or something, he has a stage but is nowhere to be scene.

Dixie Kong is the clear missing DK rep.

Rayman keeps getting teased with trophies and spirits, yet he's not a fighter, oddly there is no Ubisoft fighter despite their relationship with Nintendo, and all the strongest rumors for the DLC don't have one there either. Pretty odd omission.

Would love for Banjo and Kazooie to be a fighter, but I wouldn't say their omission isn't understandable. Heck if a Microsoft fighter gets added and it's Steve and not Banjo, I'd get that too, I wouldn't like it, but I'd get why that would happen.

Obvious missed alt skins are small bummers (these could easily be put in as the same fighter but slightly different look and different name like Alph or the Koopalings): Ms. Pac-Man, Octolings, Louie, Brittany (Charlie is too large and would have to be added as an echo due to his different hitboxes, as such I don't care if he weren't to be added but all the other Pikmin characters were)

The only 3rd party characters I agree with are Bomber, Banjo and Ryu but your 1st party list is based

>literally whos
>if you disagree then you are underage zoomer

Attached: 1501790810715.jpg (480x473, 49K)

I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen. Smash is the fastest selling Nintendo game ever. If they're smart, they'll have Smash continue on indefinitely to ensure people keep playing and that it never leaves the zeitgeist and continues to make money for years to come.

It seems they realize Sakurai will kill himself if they keep him on the game too long though

Read the OP.

>zoomer
Thanks for proving my point. Now talk without using autistic reddit meme words.

If you're asking for BLATANT omissions...

Attached: Dante-Devil-May-Cry-Switch.jpg (1400x700, 465K)

>implying Nintendo requested Porky for DLC
I want to believe but cmon man

Phoenix wright, dr layton, bomberman, banjo, rayman

No one, every single famous nintendo character is already in.
>BUT MUH WALUIGI

At some point they're going to continue the series without him, or he'll at the very least become more hands off and just oversee things. I don't see why that can't be his role at this point. They've laid a very strong foundation down. Now all they have to do is cultivate it and let it grow. With rumors of Stage Builder and Home Run Contest coming int he 3.0 update. I wouldn't be surprised if we see other modes also get added to the game as time goes on (here's hoping we see Smash Run down the line!). Not unlike a game like Rocket League or Minecraft, Ultimate could stand as the be-all, end-all version of the franchise. For all we know there might be a 5 or 10 year plan in place for the series, one that allows it to adapt to the inevitable successor the Switch by receiving patches to enable better resolution if it is detected that it's being played on the newer hardware. In theory there could be no reason for their to ever be a proper follow up to this game. And as long as Nintendo continues with the kind of attitude that they have toward DLC and microtransactions, I would actually be completely OK with that, if this indeed were the case.

This. The man has a limit.

How the fuck is agumon cringe

Boomer > weeaboo> edgy > dudebro > normie > zoomer >cringe

Poppy would objectively be the most interesting playable character
She could have a Pokemon Trainer gimmick where she swaps between her three forms

Attached: 1526603219063.jpg (724x1024, 135K)

Name one female assist trophy that makes a better fighter than assist

Lyn

He can use every Blade but as you say most likely it'll just be the Aegis sword and no other weapons. Which just seems like a shame to me since so many of them would be unique to Smash.

There's nothing wrong with something being an obvious choice but sometimes that can be dull.

Krystal would probably make for a better fighter than she is as an assist trophy, not that I personally want her as a fighter.

>Fire emblem character with a sword
Id only if the next smash cuts half of the existing FE characters
I don’t exactly hate Krystal but Star Fox is perfectly represented as is but that’s not the best argument against newcomers
I’m proud neither of you mentioned fucking Ashley though

This

the 5/10 year thing is probably spot on, Sakura specifically said he doesn't want to do another one and planned for this one to last 10 years. To do that I would think they'd be making DLC for quite a while and it's likely the next one will be a port for whatever system comes after Switch.

Dixie Kong. Takamaru. Elma. Bomberman. Spring man. Those were the big ones to me. And maybe this is going into meme territory, but I honestly thought Geno had a chance. Maybe Isaac too.

>tfw we get soma instead as castlevania corrin
>wanting dante or zero to ruin another crossover game
Well you're entitled to your objectively wrong thoughts and opinions

Attached: 7F116BD3-82B7-42DE-98D9-DF0A8EBD7DE8-1057-000002F0E240BC21.gif (220x220, 14K)

Top 10 best selling 3rd party games across Nintendo consoles is:
SF2 6.3
DQ9 5.7
Just Dance 5
MonHunG 4.3
SF2 Turbo 4.1
Prof. Layton 1 4.1
MonHun4 4.1
DQ3 3.8
FF6 3.4
DQ6 3.2
Since Just Dance is impossible to port due to using licensed music, I will say Dragon Quest.
People might seethe at this, but its the last big Nintendo tied third party not present.

Rex could be an okay mix of Shulk and Pokemon Trainer if he can switch Blades to change his weapon and thus specials + normals. Just save Mythra for either the alt colors or the Final Smash.

On the other hand, therein would lie a possible problem of one Blade being better than the rest.

Attached: 71676667_p0.jpg (1600x1200, 1.18M)

DKC and mother fans wanting more characters is fucking insane

At this point, the only 2 characters I really believe should have been in smash by now who are first party are Toad and Dixie.

Third party we could argue all day until we're blue in the face, so it's not worth it really. But I will say not having Bomberman, monster Hunter or shadow in this game definitely confused the fuck out of me

Also Elma, takamaru, Isaac, lip, DK Junior, anyone from arms, and a whole bunch of other first party characters really really need to start showing up as playable characters in these games. Every smash game gets further and further away from being about Nintendo All-Stars and it bugs me so much. Not because of autism but because they're all low-hanging fruit. And rather than be creative enough to work hard and come up with cool movesets for these cult and obscure characters, like we see and other crossover fighting games, they just go for bulshit like more clones and more flavor of the month and more third party choices. It's such a damn shame.

Why the fuck was Jibanyan even an option

People only like Mario for his games and everything else in them. They don't actually care about the character himself.

I'd think Pyra and Mythra as swappable buster/Pokemon that give him a power v. knockback effect or something with Pneuma being final smash

Seriously, why isnt there ANY Mother villain?
The only one was the Mother 1 robot and that was situational

Gauging interest I guess. It's funny he turned out more popular in this regard than Mario though.

If we are being factual here, ignoring feelings such as hate and love, we come down to a few series.
>Dragon Quest
Long, long history with Nintendo. Among the best selling third parties in Nintendo consoles.
>Resident Evil
The problem of being a PS1 series is mitigated by the investment in the GameCube, same as Snake, who is already in. The only problem is getting over the guns.
>Banjo
Yeah we just went from series that have over 70 million in franchise sales to a series with 5, nevertheless, its an important piece of 64 history and Microsoft only has to win with it, and I cannot think of any other western character that deserves to be in Smash beyond them.
>Some sort of Phoenix Wright representation
Deep history with Nintendo consoles, constant support and from a company that really went all out in letting Nintendo have anything they want in Smash. Doesn't need to be a character, but come on.
And that is it, literally just these, all others are not "omissions". Everyone in this thread are full emotion over logic. I don't even like any of these.

Attached: 5f3a09d663aaf6a753a50ecd53af2d70cff2b69b.jpg (903x1000, 139K)

Agree 100%. That's why Piranha Plant was a neat inclusion for me. As much as I liked Persona 5 it just feels insulting at this point. It was always a marketing machine but there was a heart to it to that gave us things like Ice Climbers and Game & Watch. We still get cool things like Duck Hunt but it took this long to get K Rool and Ridley and as you said we move further and further away from more interesting and neat nods to Nintendo history and more and more into modern "put this in to sell more copies." I'll beat the dead horse and mention how annoying it is that we have awesome characters relegated to assist trophies while Smash becomes Fire Emblem Fighters

You forgot someone for Boomer.

Attached: TF2 Smash.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

back to mexico

>agumon in cringe tier
Give me your address

>Having characters from franchises that were among the best selling of a console, with games that defined the console is not "Nintendo All-Stars"
>Having literally who from an unpopular spin-off of an unpopular series is "Nintendo All-Stars"
First Party autists are a detriment to Nintendo itself.

Point out where I said all-stars even once you illiterate cuck

this girl is not only receiving another port, but an entire new game

it's her turn

Attached: 1549578943108.jpg (900x900, 89K)

>Corrin, Cloud, Bayonetta, Snake and Joker defined a Nintendo console

Attached: IMG_20190308_195241.jpg (674x715, 62K)

>Erdrick is literally older than the entire """boomer""" list except for Sir Arthur
The way people seethe and writhe trying to exclude him is funny.

Attached: 782788.jpg (640x360, 109K)

He's zoomer/cringe tier.

Sorry, I know busted characters when I see them. I actually like Soma, but I know if he got in he'd be the weeaboo gary stu monster that everyone bitches about more than any Belmont could dream of. At least he's the best spirit for raw stats

Attached: 1505867895313.jpg (1920x1080, 167K)

>best selling game of all time
>hugely iconic, even your fucking grandmother knows what Tetris is
>not even a stage
>not even an assist trophy
>only two songs from Brawl
>game doesn't even have a puzzle rep sans Dr. Mario who's a clone with many made-up moves
Doesn't even have to be a Tetrimino - could be the Tetris monkey or something.

Attached: ed6.jpg (599x337, 25K)

>Lip, Elma, Takamaru defined a Nintendo console
>Isaac defined Nintendo's worst selling handheld
>DK Junior is literally baby-mario tier.
Say it with me user. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

should 200% be a stage, shit stage or not it deserves it

Venom confirmed!

People forget Nintendo only owns the 2 songs from the GB

So what makes Phoenix Wright and Quote weeaboo tier but Crono not? Seems a bit like personal bias. I like Crono but you're retarded

Where are you taking that goalpost, user. My point was that you shit on him claiming the characters were all stars for defining a console yet none of the characters complained about defined a console. user's argument is that having cute nods to Nintendo's history like Lip, Excite Bike, Takamaru etc. (In the vein of Duck Hunt, Climbers, G&W, ROB) along with big names like K. Rool and Ridley is more desirable than shilling for other companies and franchises largely irrelevant to Nintendo.

>zoomer

TF2 came out over 10 years ago, user.

Don't speak if you don't know what you're talking about.

Attached: 1517122195630.png (800x640, 131K)

>his series has been in every Smash game since the Brawl days
>still no 2nd rep
on top of that, we didn't even get that much new music

Attached: 029fe14fed98b5c17c2ff11ab70b9c149a195504r1-2048-1152v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

>Phoenix Wright

Ahh a fellow high iq poster

Type A is a rendition of a Soviet folk song so not entirely, but Type B is an original composition. Nonetheless, Tetris representation is still worthwhile and much deserved.

Don't pretend like Sakurai didn't blatantly said he's not putting him in and put him as a Mii costume instead

Attached: 1547380871509.jpg (650x494, 48K)

Your implying we even got "much" music

Angel Island is literally the only remix

yeah he needs more. like tails and knuckles

>Only 10 years ago
>Boomer
He's cringe tier then. TF2 is meme garbage.

>Bayonetta get more love in Smash than Sonic

Kek

Attached: 1550977277102.jpg (500x500, 56K)

I hate Ashley (I’m a Jimmy T man), but I think she would have been a good addition if she was a dedicated summoner of the random shit from Warioware

We don't need a second Sonic rep. What is the point?

It really didn’t though, it only has two remixes, less music in general (which is weird because Sonic got a couple of new tracks), and one stage. The only thing Bayonetta has is a more faithful moveset.

I wish Sonic himself was better represented, too. Three specials where he turns into a fucking ball. Replace his side special with Boost, at least. Give him some Sonic Battle moves too, and a Insta Shield neutral aerial.

>Sonic and Tails being able to fight Mario and Luigi
>Sonic and Eggman being able to fight Mario and Bowser
It would be taking the crossover to even more extremes than they already have

We're going to get a new Mega Man rep instead and you're gonna like it

And an alt costume and an assist trophy

Why the hell are you on /v?
If something as genuinely good as TF2 is considered "meme garbage," I'd hate to think how you view literally everything else posted here.

Attached: 1478148427364.png (244x288, 133K)

Why would anybody want a second Sonic rep who even plays Sonic himself he's the blandest character in the entire roster.

Sonic got a new AT as well. Although the alt costume thing I forgot about entirely. But the only other third party with an alt costume is Cloud to begin with, it’s weird how other third parties in general don’t have them. Where’s beard Ryu? Where’s racing outfit Sonic? Where’s Snake’s older outfit? It seems weird how we don’t have more alt costumes.

You know perfectly well that Yea Forumsirgins despise anything popular.

That honestly doesn't seem exciting at all.

Very true.
I forget that from time to time.
Thx m8.

>Reimufag
Yikes, at least Waluigi had a shot

>Also, Sonic and Shadow vs Mario and Wario

TF2 is too recent to be considered boomer. Try Team Fortress Classic if you want to have some boomer cred.

If YTPs are considered boomer, then TF2 sure as hell is.

I wouldn't consider YTP boomer either. Too recent. Boomer isn't anything you grew up with, user.

Also this And hell, if they allowed it, it would have been incredible to have all of Team Sonic as playable, or if Shadow got in, I'm sure plenty of people would want to recreate Super Mario Bros. Z

>Nintendo's worst selling handheld
Still the 3DS. Come back later to make that claim.

Welp, to most it is.
It's you vs the general consensus.

>LE ZOOMER / BOOMER XD
Fuck all of you.

Attached: giphy (3).gif (250x250, 546K)

>It's you vs the general consensus.
The general consensus is why Yea Forums started to use the boomer/zoomer shit, in order to shit on whatever was popular. I don't have to agree with retards misusing memes.

It's why redditors get so pissed off at this image.

Attached: 1540954294603.png (680x683, 331K)

Robotnik is objectively the best choice for a second Sanic rep
youtube.com/watch?v=-bNCfEvQFUY

Honestly, I’d rather play Sonic than Marth and his shitty flavors. Hell even Ike is more fun than those 4, and he’s just strong heavy sword guy.

I really don't think that's true, even if the CDi games they used for memes would be. The only memes old enough to be from the boomer era is stuff like "all your base are belong to us" or the hampster dance
Youtube didn't exist in the dial-up days

You're just bitter because of the swordie meme. Every FE character is more interesting than Sonic's one move moveset

Rex is no where near boomer, if you said Sora then maybe, but Rex will forever be a terrible audition only wanted by no standard repfags and shotacons

>Sora
>Boomer

>You're just bitter because of the swordie meme.
Not really, I play Link, Toon Link, Ike, and Robin. It’s just that Marth and his flavors are hot garbage. Good attempt with the projection though.

2002 is more boomer then 2018 for sure

>boomer
Talk to me without autistic reddit words and maybe I'll take whatever you said seriously.

Both are zoomer. The pre-teen girls that fell in love with Kingdom Hearts 1 are finishing up college. That's not boomer at all.

Rex is shit and has a bad design, there you go

Marth's Side B alone shits on Sonic funwise personally.

who else here /boomer dudebro/

Quick Draw is more fun honestly. Team Marth and his side-B feels clunky and stiff. I’d rather Spin Dash or Quick Draw than do that tryhard “fancy” garbage.

>another sword character

Attached: 1533210469945.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Reimutards are delusional, but they come nowhere close to you Waahfags. Imagine unironically wanting the most boring, uninspired bandwagon character.

Attached: 0zqmz5gto4r01.jpg (557x588, 51K)

Honestly adding Geno into Smash would be a win for everyone
>The addition of Geno into Smash would be a perfect reason to remaster Super Mario RPG.
>Square and Nintendo will make a huge profit from the game.
>Nintendo will gain respect from the older fans they lost with the Wii U.
>Further opens the door for re-releases/remasters of games from Square to Nintendo
>The game will make older Nintendo fans happy and they'll buy the game to relive nostalgia and newer Nintendo players will have access to a game that has been well received over the years but was hard to play due to it being old.

Can always tell a scrub by their opinion of the Belmonts. Their recovery is so shit you need to be playing 4D chess with your whip angles at all time while you weave projectiles in for the set-up. You can't just unga or you get hit once and then a second time out of the sir and you're dead at 14%

jack frost. fuck anyone who says otherwise and fuck persona trash.

OP is retarded, more news at 11.

I'm not a Waahfag, but I just found that post to lack self awareness. But she's an actual character at least

Okay fine then I should have put him in his own category of characters "Sakurai will force into Smash anyways". That is unless Xenoblade 3 comes out and kills his chance.

Threads like these make me glad you fucks aren't in charge of Smash and never will be

Attached: 1530045111346.jpg (500x468, 94K)

>Yea Forums is one person

Which character do you want, user?

When did imply it was?

Why would I tell you?

Attached: 1552102379342.png (540x645, 130K)

Good people in charge of rosters.

>wants main characters / villains important to the game

Bad people in charge of shit rosters

>wants sidekick characters who aren't important to the story
>indieshit

Why are rosterfags so boring and hate niche picks?

>Now talk without using autistic reddit meme words.
the irony of this sentence is astounding

Because they think everything niche is irrelevant

>NO QUIT MAKING FUN OF MY MEMES!
Call someone a boomer / zoomer in real life without sounding autistic.

because "niche" typically means "side character from series that already has more than enough characters in the game" to you retards.

He is next

Attached: Screen_Shot_2013-02-26_at_11.42.33_PM.png (421x434, 54K)

Totally agree. Sukapon is great! Joy Mech Fight is one of my favorite Famicom games.

Porky is from Earthbound you underage retard

relevancy fags should be hanged

Rosterfags typically force niche picks. That's why Geno is so notorious.

You might as well hang Sakurai since he's the one that pushed the relevancy meme.

call someone an autistic redditor without sounding autistic

I want him as a counterpart to wario, but first I'd like to see him appear in a wario game

gimme super wario bros

Nintendo's probably saving Waluigi for his own game in a emergency situation if they make a shitty decision, since a lot of people would love a actual Waluigi game