Monster Hunter is 15 years old today!

Monster Hunter is 15 years old today!
Let's stop all this oldfag vs newfag fighting for once to appreciate this series.

Attached: 7wo1b40zpel21.png (960x640, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R0CSjpe9sX4&list=PL65021004517CAFFB&index=51
youtube.com/watch?v=lpHXMbzdxpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this official or fan made?

>oldfag vs newfag

oldfag vs newfag was nearly 15 years ago too gramps. it's all about the boomers vs zoomers vs pol vs incel vs tranny vs shill vs wojaks now.

>impying it's not Nintendofags vs everyone else

Attached: MHW-Tzitzi-Ya-Ku_Render_001.png (1242x1080, 1.03M)

fuck you both, FIGHT ME

Attached: 8569203e807e5118521b3eece6746a68.png (654x895, 307K)

rent free gtfo retard

What fighting? MHW fucking DESTROYED oldfags! It wasn’t even close to a fight

I can't find rocketfuck where is he?

I'm an idort and have World on both PC and PS4, but going back to Sony is the worst thing for discussion that has ever happened. Why can't you guys shut the fuck up about consolewars even to play a game on your own fucking system?

Attached: 1547659160187.jpg (702x1078, 373K)

ps2 games are literally unplayable, camera movement sucks so much

This. It's sad oldfags still deny this. Monster Hunter World literally improved everything bad about the old games.

This. The game came out a year ago and you STILL can't have a MHW thread without people posting wojaks with "NINTENDIES ON SUICIDE WATCH".

It's fucking horrible. We need a /pc/ board, or at least a /sony/ one.

Attached: 1495175478542.jpg (378x411, 44K)

Asshurt nincels on the scene as always

What's the best monster, and why is it Zinogre?

Attached: 1551169635563.png (344x380, 153K)

based

Let's all come together and post our favorite monsters. Mine is this pretty girl.

Attached: Ahtal-Ka.png (512x512, 605K)

This is why people hate Sony fanboys.

Attached: monhun.png (720x965, 988K)

Iceborne's gonna give him roids.

Attached: qqAEdC05eMieySMuY3i1QdmCo7k5v4zoncMHSpHajWE.jpg (1000x697, 99K)

>It improved everything by removing it
Brilliant!

Iceborne hopes?

>full layered system
Come the fuck on, this is easy af
>Chameleos, Zinogre and Tigrex
I want my fav ED
>better endgame and monster variety
Don't even need complex skeletons like bugs or crabs, just put bears, crocodiles, monkeys, foxes, all they shit you can
Also make Master Tempered more different you cunts
>better planned post-launch support
They can do some pretty good shit now with Updates, but it would be nice to have somehing at least monthly

Ofc I'd like full weapon designs back, but I'm already know we won't get those

Attached: logo.png (960x647, 555K)

I wonder what other biomes are gonna be in Iceborne. Arctic and jungle are basically confirmed. Maybe something like Misty Peaks?

based pcbro destroying consolewar children

for PC to not be delayed half a year on all content

Attached: literal devil.jpg (982x604, 55K)

Maybe it doesn't count, but I want more support even after Iceborne. I heard Mater Rank is below G Rank, so it's possible there will be a G Rank expansion later on.

We'll surely get some support after Iceborne, like every G-Rank title. We'll have to see how much.

Also, that was shitposting. Master Rank is literally a renamed G-Rank.

Post yfw you first saw this bastard out in the field, and heard its music kick in.

Attached: Bagel Goose.png (1464x1019, 2.01M)

>Ofc I'd like full weapon designs back,
I would love that too. For the things MHW did right that one hurt me the most.

Attached: 148156856516.png (391x281, 175K)

This kills the sonycrony.

Attached: 1548876180247.jpg (326x252, 17K)

I didn't see him. I died before I saw him. He was just a very fast, very close blur on my screen as he dive bombed me from behind. I was fucking scared to go back to that area because I didn't know a monster that could do that.

Attached: 1551994987108.png (400x440, 222K)

What do you think the chances are of all new monsters added in Iceborne?

Attached: 1537734911221.png (446x456, 262K)

The Gen/GU monsters absolutely ruin the picture. It should have been spinoff-free.

G rank always adds a couple new monsters, the flagship and the secret boss at the very least

how

Is it me or are Diablos' hitboxes in World all fucked up?

So far, we've seen Nargacuga. I feel like that'll be the flagship for some reason.

i-is Tzi-Tzi gone?
C-can I be the Apex monster of Coral Highlands n-now? Please...?

Attached: legiana_plush.jpg (640x640, 47K)

They fit in too well and it triggers me.

They just stick out like a sore thumb.
I guess that if the other shitty monsters from Online and Frontier were there it would be fine for completionism's sake.

>They just stick out like a sore thumb
How

obviously not, there's always a new flagship for each game

they're shitposting, ignore them

Iceborne is DLC, though.

Let me add to it once more.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-03-19-00-41.png (1280x720, 918K)

>how
how

The World monsters really don't fit in with the rest of them when you look at it like that.

G rank is essentially DLC and would have been if it were feasible to do so in the past, Iceborne is 5th gen's G game

Who's shitposting you little faggot? You're fucking blind if you think that Gen monsters and NPCs arent chinise fake tier garbage compared to any older title and even World too.

There's gotta be an actual wallpaper resolution version of this, right?

Then why do they fit in with the other gen 1 to 4 monsters?

stop responding to it

They don't. You're blind.
And stop shitposting.

Where's the Handler?

Agreed. TOO well. Rustles my Jimmies no end.

stop responding to it

When you stop being a retard

stop responding

when's shit happening? is it the 15th now since earthquake remembrance is going on?

I'm excited for new announcements, dudes.

Maybe Microsoft will have a more in depth look at E3.

Can Iceborne please go back to a tiny hub with everything you need right there, and also have the multiplayer guild shit next door so it's not a vacant wasteland, thanks .

Attached: tanzia.jpg (1920x1080, 537K)

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=R0CSjpe9sX4&list=PL65021004517CAFFB&index=51

Attached: cat.jpg (150x150, 6K)

haha you funny guy user
now go run around for 15 seconds to get to the nearest smithy
and as long as village and guild quests aren't separated anymore and the sos system is available, the guild hall won't ever get much use no matter how close or convenient you make it

That's one of the big things I hate about world. There's no reason for the hub to be that big.

>post the hub where you had to leave the guild hall anyway to carve stuff and order more farm shit
The main difference are said stuff being spread apart outside of it in world anyway, plus load times if you're a console user. This is usually the sort of QoL Capcom brings in G games, though.

This right here is and will always be the best MH in existence. My life will never be as good as it was back then.

Attached: Monster-Hunter-Portable-2nd-G-Import-PlayStation-Portable-PSP-Game-Splash_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

>not this
youtube.com/watch?v=lpHXMbzdxpo

Attached: dancing wesker.gif (300x272, 2.13M)

>carve
Craft, even.

I really hope they add Brachydios in Iceborne.

Fuck Worldlets
Give me real MH again

Attached: 1546360029712.jpg (1000x1208, 139K)

What constitutes as a real MH game to you?

Adorable and hilarious characters

Attached: 1524907719186.jpg (1500x1063, 405K)

An MH game where you aren't fighting against the environment.

>lolicon
Opinion discarded.

I don't think I've ever fought against the environment in World. In fact, it tends to help a lot during fights. Although, I'm willing to bet that in this case, "fighting against the environment" is just code for "the areas aren't just big, flat, empty fields anymore".

Mediocre Hunter World

Attached: dont believe the.......png (156x201, 82K)

>I don't think I've ever fought against the environment in World
Because you don't know any better. You consider it "gameplay".

Not that user but do you mean by fighting the environment?

user he's retarded
after all these hours in world, he still can't handle slides and complains like it's a big issue
the same user has been here for a long time now, always mentioning the same shitty "muh slides" argument

Attached: 1502660868445.jpg (407x461, 107K)

A monster hunter game where there's a better stun indicator and faceslapping at the end of it.
A monster hunter game where you don't have to spend five minutes tracking a monster before hunting it.
A monster hunter game where the hub isn't too big.

You get the picture.

I was going to say something about how cluttered everything is outside of one or two areas like Diablos' little den but according to this user I don't like slopes Even though with an impact Charge Axe they practically break the game with how frequently you can get off mounts now.

Physical Copy

So it sounds like was right, then. It makes the battles easier, you're not fighting against them.

Nah. While older games have more open maps World goes too far in the other direction especially when trying to utilise environmental traps and things like poison cups and paratoads. It gives you as the player very little room to work with even with smaller monsters.

>It makes the battles easier,
On what planet? Half the time the camera has to clip inside of a monster so you can be seen in those tight areas, then you have platforms you can easily get knocked off of which means you have to trek back up to the monster.

>platforms you can easily get knocked off of
Those were in MH4U too yet no one complained. Plus it wouldn't even be a problem if you didn't get hit.

What's good my niggas

Attached: 3rdGen-Qurupeco_Render_001.png (400x282, 71K)

>Those were in MH4U too yet no one complained
Because they didn't exist in 4U.
You'd get knocked off and then climb up to fight in a second.
In World you'll get knocked from the canopy right to the bottom and have to scale several walls to get back up. And to add insult to injury you'll land in a bunch of hostile small monsters so your stamina will drain while you're running and climbing

were not around during 4th gen? tons of people complained about the verticality of the maps, especially trash like heaven's mount

>Plus it wouldn't even be a problem if you didn't get hit.
Oh yeah and that's easier said than done because they managed to fuck up the hitboxes more that usual.

No one complained about getting knocked off but more about combos being interrupted by ledges.

plenty of people complained about getting knocked into ledges and corners and getting bodyblocked by perma charging monsters, those ledges simply existing made it possible for monsters to lock you into a corner and made it so every map was a flooded forest tier clusterfuck

>those ledges simply existing made it possible for monsters to lock you into a corner
Things that have never happened.

>Let's stop all this oldfag vs newfag fighting for once to appreciate this series.
I can't. I will forever be butthurt about World. God fucking damn it, Monster Hunter was my favorite franchise and they had to fucking ruin it to cater to literal retards who can't even beat a fucking Kirin. Fuck this dumb shit.