Are there any other examples of "Raiden syndrome"?

Are there any other examples of "Raiden syndrome"?

Attached: 2.png (766x697, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0a_QlurNZU&feature=youtu.be&t=24s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Technically any game with Luigi as the main character.

Raiden is objectively a better written character then Snake though

Why is Nero mirrored there?

Those are all examples of better characters

Diddy Kong.
>Can't play as DONKEY KONG in DONKEY KONG Country 2 or 3

Technically Nier Automata. You spend more time as 9s than 2b. Even though she is hyped as the main character.

> Implying having your main character play the role of teacher and mentor is a bad thing

Raiden syndrome only lasted until the arsenal gear part

Technically untrue since A2 is just an extention of 2B to some degree

This. I usually enjoy the protege type character arc since it usually fleshes out the mentor character a little more at the same time.

90% of the Flash comics.

Except I unironically love the concept of Raiden Syndrome.

Pretty much every fighting game has them

Technically untrue since A2 is an assault model and 2B is a battle model.

Brainlets to this day don't understand that Kojima made you play as a fragile and unexperienced character intentionally to make you angry for wanting more of Snake even though he already had three games

When the inevitable Horizon Second Dawn comes out, I kind of hope this is the direction they take.

In the case of a game with skill or equipment progression, this also has the benefit of not having to explain why the main character looses it all between games.

Technically untrue since they play exactly the same except for the taunt and charge

Well then he failed, because I wasn't angry playing as Raiden. Raiden was an easier character to just forget about and slip into the role of, so that whenever I'd accomplish something it wasn't "look what Snake just did" it was "look what I just did".

>2B is a battle model
technically untrue

Technically we are talking about characters and not gameplay

Technically they differ in personality true but technically 2b is still alive in her heart

Attached: 8645312563215312.jpg (800x524, 68K)

Technically she does have her heart, but that doesn't make her the same character.
technically 2B is cuter

Technically A2 feels much more human,technically 2B just panders to weebs because of her kuudere and slight tsundere acts

Capcom was transparent about playing as the other characters

What is the Raiden syndrome?Lying to your fans showing off snake in your trailers just to pull the rug on release date?
Nier automata did something similar.Now that i think about it nier automata really did alot of stuff,why do I feel like it's a completely unoriginal video game even if an amazing one at that?

Technically they are robots, so they are not going to be completely human
Objectively A2 is much more Kuudere than 2B

no?She is much more expressive than 2B

Technically No

Apollo isn't better than Phoenix
Until Dual Destinies

>Are there any other examples of "Raiden syndrome"?

Ah, you mean replacing an established character, seeing the fanbase hate them, and then re-writes them for the better?

Also, you still played as Dante in DMC4 and Nero was already his own guy.

Hell one e-celeb took back EVERYTHING bad he said about Nero when he realized that Donte was much worse:
youtube.com/watch?v=b0a_QlurNZU&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

Attached: Raiden's New Sword.jpg (854x480, 69K)

Arguable, but definitely better after Dual Destinies