New Deus Ex when?

New Deus Ex when?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9a8r7xQvS1g
youtube.com/watch?v=abbhEcZD1-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

never

Both the new games suck desu

They just have artwork the gameplay in both and story in both is bad

nah

How was a single boss fight or enemy or situation interesting in both games name 1

HR has 9/10 story and 6/10 gameplay, MD has 5/10 story and 10/10 gameplay.

Wat you just give numbers

You have probably played 30 games in ya entire life they are both shallow games

>MD has 5/10 story and 10/10 gameplay
Have they added melee weapons? Are the takedown cutscenes gone? Is the third-person cover stealth gone?

S-E seem intent on burying the franchise so never

Seems like DMC might be more up your alley. I enjoyed stealth, emails, hidden rooms and different ways to reach goals. The atmosphere was on point in both games, too.

The boss fights were patched to be optional in 1 and there are none in 2

it's just so fluid and modern, i love the way it feels.

10/10 Music too.

Wasn't Marchenko patched? I remember throwing an emp and taking him down, yet I replayed it recently and it took a couple of more emo grenades and hacked robots

You realise you literally just said you like the maps only

I agree the games are keno to play and feel cool but there is no actual game its just a world to walk around in its got no game unlike the first games

They weren't patched to be optional in 1, they were patched to give you more than one way to beat them. So instead of just sluggin it out, you can use turrets gas, drones etc, to help you. You still have to kill them all.

Well, shiiiiit

Attached: Letitia-bustshot.png (781x784, 360K)

>HR has 9/10 story and 6/10 gameplay
It has better gameplay than story, however arbitrarily you grade it

this character was so strange

>Mankind Divided's DLC not integrated into the main game
>lame takedowns
I'll never forgive this game

Attached: 1518558445590.gif (480x360, 1.69M)

Where would they fit Criminal Past into the main story? It takes place before everything else and difficulty-wise it wouldn't work.

I’m hoping Cyberpunk 2077 does well enough to revive interest in it. If not, we always have the GMDX mod.

>Mankind Divided's DLC not integrated into the main game
How would that even work for some of the dlc.

This is very accurate.

ADAM!

Attached: 311.png (240x240, 88K)

Yeah boss?

Attached: deus ex.jpg (600x400, 153K)

It's a shame his voice actor was black listed after talking about Pizzagate shit. That's why he has a different VA in the 2nd game.

Any idea why MD speciifcally (not any even more demanding games) would cause my GPU fans to ramp up like crazy in order to maintain a way lower temperature than the target? Motherfucking PC gets loud with this. I play anything else and it's fine.

What we desperately need is a sequel to the first DE. IW does NOT exist.

These games were very frustrating for me. All I ever wanted was more Deus Ex, but what we got was a poor imitation.
Every time I started getting into it, I would be pulled right out by the invincible cutscene takedowns, third person cover sticking, or completely unnecessary third person ladder climbing.
Would it have been so bad to just design a game to keep you in first person during gameplay? The takedown cutscenes are horrific design both for gameplay and immersion, but if it kept you in first person it wouldn't have made me want to vomit. Doom 2016 did this pretty well with their glory kills, and I would go so far as to say those takedowns would look much better in first person.

Attached: 1327203955534.jpg (214x152, 17K)

Man, he was such a good guy even with some of the shady stuff he does. I enjoyed his character a lot. Him and Pritchard were great.

I played the original on ps2 back in the day and own the 2 new ones. Is invisible war any good? Thinking of getting it for my xbox.

What a shame

Attached: c4a7697ea9cc48aeac0d0699c387006e.jpg (770x887, 43K)

I hated how short MD was

user I think your perception of time is warped.

I remember it being okay. I'd put them on the same level as HR and MD. The universal ammo and the HUD are the worst parts, which you constantly have to deal with so your mileage may vary.

Blame Square Enix for forcing the devs to chop up one game into two or three.

>9/10 story
Ok then answer me this: why are there riots?

Normies got memed into replacing their body parts with artificial ones and chimped out when they found out they needed an expensive drug to prevent implant rejection.

>augmentation becomes a thing
>majority of the population dives head-first into this new fad immediately
That would literally never happen. You'd have 99% of the people who are interested do nothing and be cautious, to see what happens. Especially when chopping up your limbs is involved.

By the time HR took place, implants had been around for decades. In some documents you can read that Adam was a test subject for anti-rejection drug research when he was a child.

Within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

Original DX, set around 2050
>augmentations are extremely rare
>bartender lady is one of the very few civilians with an augmentation and if you ask her about it she tells you she's ex military
>augs are basically for violent purposes, nothing to do with everyday life

Human Consoleplebization, takes place about 30 years before original DX
>EVERYBODY has le epeck robo limbs!
>WTF BEING ABLE TO JUMP 10 METERS IS STEALING MUH JOB AS A CASHIER
>HEY THAT GUY CAN LIFT BIGGER WEIGHTS THAN ME LET'S RIOT

>this is good plot for casuals

sa bout right, the cyberpunk feel isn't there but thr gameplay loop is tight

>DIFFERENT IS BAD >>>:(

I just finished the game yesterday. You can still just chuck a single emp grenade at him and then do a takedown.

I hated how 80% of the game was Prague

>TRADITION IS BAD >>>:(
>CHANGES CAN'T BE FOR THE WORSE >>>:(

Attached: 1552333582511.gif (640x50, 30K)

Implants but not augmented limbs. Refer to for why riots make no sense.

I take it he was agreeable?

>>majority of the population dives head-first into this new fad immediately
87 million people on the whole planet, not that many

>HR has 9/10 story and 6/10 gameplay, MD has 5/10 story and 10/10 gameplay.
How does that remotely make sense when MD is the exact same gameplay as HR, with some minor and superficial additions?

Attached: 1549152541649.jpg (1200x1386, 118K)

OYES

Bad is bad, new or not. Everything listed there makes gameplay worse.

>it's just so fluid and modern

>3rd person cutscene for doing a melee attack
>3rd person cutscene for using an augmentation
>3rd person transition for climbing a ladder
rd person transition for leaning against a wall or piece of cover

"fluid"
It's one of the clunkiest first-person games ever made. The amount of 3rd person transitions for even the most basic interactions is absurd.

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

That's a lot actually. If augmentations came out ( funny thing, they are out ) there would be people literally in the single-digits all over the world cutting off their healthy limbs to get them.
This is excluding people who had missing limbs to start with, in which case riots make even less sense.

>not posting the updated version

Attached: Deus+ex+target+audience_8f8a73_6038428.jpg (680x335, 91K)

It was a different time

MD's level design is leagues above HR which also was good. Nothing in HR comes close to palisade bank.

Yeah that part of the story really makes no sense, you have hookers saying they had to get augs to compete. And it would be the wealthy who are getting augs to enhance themselves, not the working class as depicted. Maybe some people would try to bootleg it but those would be the type of people who get tattoos and body mods now. Maybe if disabled people were getting government subsidized augs that allowed them to perform better than able bodied people, that would be an interesting dynamic, but the writers didn't have the depth of insight to depict that.

>I don't like it so that makes it clunky

>Yeah that part of the story really makes no sense
That "part of the story" is the whole story

Deus Ex is DOA, square put them on indefinite hiatus after MD

fucking nip faggots

>>I don't like it so that makes it clunky
It's clunky because it adds a needless delay to basic interaction, and it takes away your player input. There is a literal fade to black and a brief loading screen for doing those things. Why do I even need to watch a cutscene to do something as basic as hit someone?

Attached: 1544127765560.gif (320x287, 982K)

I dont think you know what dead on arrival means

>Why do I even need to watch a cutscene to do something as basic as hit someone?
Not him but it's because doing that takes a lot less effort than making a whole melee system with different weapons, perks, and situations for it.
HR is a modern console game first and foremost, do not forget that.

All the takedown animations are a mere couple of seconds, which then transition into gameplay. For something that looks so well done and polished, it takes a negligible amount of space. Throughout my entire playthrough I barely noticed the fact that they were practically mini-cutscenes. If something like that interrupts and annoys you to such a degree, chances are you're a spaz with a small attention span.

>All the takedown animations are a mere couple of seconds
Which is still several seconds more than how you would do a melee attack in any normal game. And it's actively dumbing down gameplay. In a normal game, you have to sneak behind your target and correctly time the sneak attack. In HR/MD, you just press 'e' when an enemy is vaguely in your vicinity, even when they are physically unreachable from your current position, and the game plays a movie where your character magically teleports in melee range.

Why are you defending this? I can't think of a single game that handles melee combat like this. This is genuinely one of the worst designed combat systems in all of gaming.

Attached: 1551017810907.png (558x614, 29K)

>t-they're tolerable!
That's not the point. They're cutscenes in place of an actual melee system.

just use the stun gun lmao

>well done and polished

>your character loudly and repeatedly beats the crap out of someone (non-lethal takedown)
>makes no sound whatsoever

>your character silently and stealthily stabs an enemy (lethal takedown)
>somehow produces an immense amount of noise and alerts everyone

Attached: 1543789219554.gif (323x221, 208K)

This year in December. Announcement in the next couple of weeks.

That's bullshit, but I believe it.

>For something that looks so well done and polished, it takes a negligible amount of space.
They aren't polished at all, considering the developers literally had to implement a loading screen for those movies, as well as having your character magically teleport to said movie.

By contrast, games like Dark Messiah and Dishonored have first-person takedowns that are seamless and never switch to a different view.

Eidos are really incompetent devs. It's a shame the Deus Ex and Thief franchises ended up with them.

Attached: 19812821.jpg (600x600, 32K)

In addition to what said, it's "a mere couple of seconds" for a technique that's used consistently throughout the game. So you've got a system that very frequently takes control away from the player, and although each instance is brief, it adds up very quickly. This is especially true given that HR is designed in such a way as to encourage sneaking around, which means stealth takedowns.

It's also not really that polished, but ultimately that's far less important than the fact that it's just a poor approach to melee combat.

I want to believe this desperately

I was always under the impression that the key story development occurs in the types of aug and the extent of them. In HR you’ve got everybody rushing to get mechanical augs (according to the game it’s to be able to compete for work), then the panchaea bullshit happens, augs become social pariahs, nobody wants mechanical augs anymore and people with them either die off or get them stripped (as detailed in MD). Then the first game rolls round and the only people left with mechanical augs are military personnel (like Anna and Gunther or that bartender). That’s why the Dentons are so revolutionary. They have nano-augmentations. It’s not exactly fucking rocket science, the games explain this

The melee combat was shit in the first game, there was no chance they'd do Dark Messiah combat in Deus Ex, the animated takedowns were a good compromise.

youtube.com/watch?v=9a8r7xQvS1g

>The melee combat was shit in the first game
Oh yeah? Can you do something like this in Human Revolution?

youtube.com/watch?v=abbhEcZD1-I

(and can someone please make a webm of this)

Attached: 1551390421904.png (420x420, 166K)

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Why would you need augmented arms to compete for work when the most popular jobs are shit like waiters, cashiers, and store clerks?

>a system where you could stab someone in the arm to make them unable to hold a weapon
>where you could stab them in the leg to make them unable to walk
>worse than "press e to teleport to target and play cutscene of stealthily smashing someone's head in the wall"
Are you fucking out of your mind, dude.

CP2077 was supposed to be deus ex but on a higher budget. So sad that it turned out to shit.

>It’s not exactly fucking rocket science, the games explain this
That doesn't make any sense. There was never an 'aug controversy' in the original DX. There is an augmented ex-unatco operative running a bar in New York, and nobody bats an eye about this.

Augmentations in DX1 were what military drones are to people in our world: abstract concept far removed from everyday life. Literally no civilian in DX1 ever gave a shit about augmentations. Instead, DX1 explored what effects technology would have on the social and political fabric of our society,

This is wrong on too many levels to count. Contrary to popular belief, OG Deus Ex (and IW) was never about augmentation. Augmentation was merely a framing device to tell a story about how technological advances could exacerbate the dangers of economical and political centralization, culminating in JC merging with an AI to form a new enlightened form of government to oppose these dangers. There was never an 'aug controversy'. Augmentations were only used for peacekeeping operations. There are like five augmented people in the whole of Deus Ex, half of which are your collegues.

While Human Revolution was advertised as a prequel, it's actually a reboot of the franchise. In a prequel things should be LESS advanced, not more) yet somehow augmentation is used not just for military purposes, but everyday mundane activities. Everyone is obsessed with augmentation. This is taken to absurd extremes: even lower-class people, homeless bums and hookers are augmented. You even have augmented hookers. Why would these people spend millions to have their limbs cut off and spend the rest of their lives paying for an expensive anti-rejection drug? How can they even afford it? And for what purpose? To get better jobs? They already have millions to spend, so what do they need those augmentations for? The whole thing is impossible to take seriously.

Augmentations in HR and MD are nothing but a vehicle to preach about topical social issues like the pro-life debate and 'black lives matter' (they literally used 'aug lives matter' in their marketing). And they even fail at that. The aug incident happened because someone basically flipped a switch and turned all augmented people in killer zombies (why did nobody question why this was allowed?). This is an issue of cyber-terrorism, not social conflict.

Good sci-fi is universal and timeless, HR and MD are sensationalist garbage that's already dated.

Attached: 132329943934.jpg (2000x1551, 629K)

Interesting fact, apparently the first game was going to get a remake after the prequel's finished. It would've been a 1:1 remake of the DE1 in a new engine, except the combat would be HR/MD's.

source or it's bullshit

>except the combat would be HR/MD's
Jesus Christ Denton, how horrifying.

A lot of this pasta is retarded.

I just heard from a friend years ago. IW was also going to get a remake though it would've been a complete remake since square enix knows that game is shit.

it's bullshit

>short
>literally longer than HR

Main story was shorter, with side missions it was longer.

HR with side missions was longer than MD with side missions

"He said before the game ever came out..."

>a system where you could stab someone in the arm to make them unable to hold a weapon
>where you could stab them in the leg to make them unable to walk
except this would basically never happen

I'm playing HR for the first time now. Goddamn what a good game.

Just beat and main story and started A Criminal Past. Great shit.

that was known all along

my personal "favourite" is
>3rd person cutscene for jumping down
FUCKING HELL are you shitting me

holy shit