archive.fo/NwifE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>shitty cave
>cover enterance with dirt
>getting shot
>what the fuck is shooting me
>beat my first skeleton to death with a block
I’ll never get my teen years back

I made a "cave" in the rock mountain close by.

was a tiny ass hut dug into ground level

Attached: javaw 2010-12-20 10-11-32-13.png (1440x848, 1001K)

>How was your first home?
It was a hole in the ground

My first home was a really shitty treehouse
It was shit, but it was mine

It was actually pretty scary desu. Build a dirt house in the side of the mountain and saw something moving outside. It was a creeper. I was afraid to come out for a long time.

with antigrav glass i see

i think i just climbed up a mountain and hollowed out a bunch of stone
i didnt really even "make" a home lol just a mountain with a door, no torches cause i couldnt find any coal

So when's the new 4craft starting?

that was all we had back then to simulate smoke from a chimney

I built on top of a tree in a forest and connected it to other trees for other rooms, it was max comfy and protecc from monsters.... i wish i still had the world ;w;

i dug a hole in a cave then i tried to make a chimney and i ended up burning everything.

Friday, we could use some help.
discord.gg/bQtBNTh

Made out of diamond ore and with a lava floor bc creative mode

I'm in.

I wanna go back bros. youtube.com/watch?v=aBkTkxKDduc

Attached: 1510773152497.png (882x758, 16K)

It was a simpler time

>Get the game for PS3
>Invite a friend
>He helped me build a relatively large wood house
>The overall outside was finished
>Would end up completing it myself
>Add stuff like a water slide, arenas, an altar for the beacon and the dragon's egg, place several storage chambers...
>Stopped playing after a while
>Six years later, it remains untouched

The same for me. But the door was made of dirt.

Built in a snowy biome so it was christmas all year
my base slowly grew a main building which I built a tower to keep an eye out for zombies (all out of comfy spruce wood)
below it was a basement, mostly a mix patchwork cobble and furnaces
further down was a mineshaft which i dug out at the start and was too scared to go down again
I built a second building for storage as my dirt was becoming too much to store
eventally tame a dog after hundreds of skeletons follwed me around helping out with a cute bark
Eventally Figure out how to install mods and decide to install Archimedies Ships and NEI
Gather string and wool to build a basic airship using Archimedies
push my dog onto the ship and fly away into the sunset

>post yfw nether update
I was so fucking excited for that that, remember he was thinking making torches temporary too?

Attached: 177.jpg (280x330, 19K)

i made a hole on the ground and then expanded it

my first home was a castle tower made of gravel. i thought it was stone

2 story wood tower with a creeper face for a window

Stolen from a villager.

This

It's actually kind of scary, how even 9 years later I still remember the first world I played it.
I remember my house, the creeper that blew it up. the small pond and waterfall next to it, the big lake behind it, the ugly library I made immediatly after they added book blocks, the weird construction in the sky I build a bit further off, the terribly ugly castle I build in the other direction, the weird cart track I build underground.
What stuck with me the strongest and what I consider the most beautiful thing about Minecraft is the sense of tranquility in conveys. Even as a kid I never thought stuff like "This game world is awesome I wanna live there" I always percieved fictional world as just that. But with Minecraft as a teen that kind of cracked. It got you fully immersed in it's simplistic beauty. Hard to describe.
youtube.com/watch?v=qq-RGFyaq0U

Attached: 1550601827405.jpg (1150x1080, 207K)

>all these latecomer normies
who /2009/ here

I dug about five blocks down and made a little box to live in connected to a large cave I explored often. Eventually made it so the top was glass so I could see everything walking above. When it rained, it was maximum comfy.
It's nice that I can still occasionally play and still get a huge amount of enjoyment from it.

Attached: 1470848425928.gif (340x324, 218K)

>first home
>villager
i pity you

My first home in Minecraft was in a mob spawner in a frozen lake. I wish I'd taken screenshots.

Am I autistic? When I find a village I make cobblestone walls and set up a perimeter set with torches to stop monsters from coming in and killing them all

I dug into the side of a mountain.

I've been playing since 1.5. Am I a latecomer?

My first home was a pillar of dirt that I was too afraid to get down off the entire night.
My first long-term home was a small natural cave.

>His first experience playing minecraft was after villagers were implemented
I would feel bad for you if you weren't such a zoomer.

reminder to use the beta+ mod

it lets you generate worlds with both alpha and beta generation. Seeds like glacier and gargamel work

beta generation also has the current biomes and structures

Attached: Snímek obrazovky (157).png (1920x1080, 3.05M)

yes, 0.30 is the cutoff

>tfw autistically opened up any mineshaft I made up into the open sky
>my world was just full of craters and abysses
It was goddamn satisfying though.

Was a cave under a tree surrounded by ice, the constant snowfall made building there extra comfy.

I system of rooms built into a massive flat cliff side with open walls overlooking the ocean.
It was fun making that with friends.

Attached: 1527219514461.jpg (400x558, 29K)

It was a big cobblestone tower that reached all the way up to the max height you could build to, each floor dedicated to a different function, with a balcony/library at the top
it was also asymmetrical, but I didn't realize that until more than half-way through

Fuck i still remember my first world i played with a friend all the way in 2010. it was like mid alpha. We built monster traps, mansions, towers and everything. I still talk to him sometimes.

is hunger present or no

I never made a home, I played when it was just building shit. I built some big ass labyrinthian network in the underground, and then had a few friends try to explore it. Good memories.

I bought it when that halloween update that never came was announced.

>mod in air vents and gas releases to put in my mines and the ground above them

I didn't know how to progess in the game at all. I looked up online and saw you needed to punch trees. I was hitting the same tree for about 5 minutes wondering why it wasn't working or maybe if the game was just fucking with me. I then realized that you were suppose to hold down when you click as I was just clicking repeatedly over and over.

This. I didn't know how to make doors so I had to keep one block open to wait for daylight while all the monsters outside got more and more pissed off.
I still carry around a door on expeditions due to this reason.

lol i thought it was meant to launch yesterday

Was playing with my friends in 2017 december when they introduced me to it. Didn't build a house, just had to learn how to play it and helped a friend with their reactor. The first time I played was actually kinda frustrating and not fun, since they were using mods. But it became a lot of fun as I played more and more. Still always kind of build into a mountainside like a dwarf though

Torches should get extinguished after some time, prove me wrong

yes but there is a mod called beta days that allows you to disable it. It works with beta+ but only for 1.12. Though beta days is most likely gonna come to 1.13 soon

I miss ice worlds, Yea Forums.
Take me back to the good old days.
My first house was a big igloo.

I have never played Minecraft

Apparently there were some issues and the fucking discord got deleted lmao

>tfw lost my very own actual minecraft house by getting lost on an adventure
It was fun

Attached: 1422067776115.jpg (341x248, 38K)

Yeah and he never did ANY of the shit on that list, it wasn't even difficult to do. He just never did it cause notch is a lazy fucking cunt.

>it's been 9 years since you had fun exploring MC with your mates

Attached: hand_shake.png (180x187, 72K)

thanks

bought the game in early 2011 but played the browser version or whatever in 2010, i didn't even know the game existed in 2009

reminder beta1.7.3 was the pinnacle of minecraft

Attached: Snímek obrazovky (71).png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

I spent like 20 minutes making something like the pic in the OP because I thought the ceiling blocks would fall down, so I made a column of dirt and then removing it, save for the topmost block. Shit was comfy

My first house was a small cave, it was like 10 blocks deep and didn’t lead to anything. I just covered the hole with dirt and put a door to see outside and waiting until day time and for it to stop raining. I spent all night crafting shit and using the furnace.

Attached: 1FA8CD9D-C9F9-474E-8206-A868AB097CF2.gif (666x386, 342K)

I made a hole big enough to fit my character, covered it with dirt and waited there for the night.

just get a minimap mod

It started as a small cave that evolved into a skull fortress with lava coming out the eyes. It had a greenhouse on the top.

>not being there when it was first posted on Yea Forums

True, but 1.7.10 has the best mods.

I only have this picture left. It was pretty ugly, but I liked it. Was a lopsided tower spewing lava into a big moat.

Attached: minecraftjunk.png (851x1434, 1.08M)

>t. le corbusier

I remember cracking the Alpha myself. I miss those times.

So, which is better?
Manufactio?
or
GTNH?

I'm looking for maximum pain and autism, i want the game to demand an IQ of fifty trillions to set up stuff in a semi-optimal way and still kick my kneecaps into tiny fragments when i forget to consider a tiny small thing

>notch will never finish his game because he went to reddit once and they threw money at him

anyone remember what the name of that one floating islands map was, the one that had massive beds of floating gravel with mob spawners and shit mixed in?
i don't remember much about it, other than that it came with a map and had a big old grayed out area with a big '?' over it in the bottom left hand corner. There was also a couple 'secrets' near the main starting area of which one was a cave to a lookout over the void.

literally just craft a compass

i built a hole in the side of a cliff, but was too lazy to make a house so i just kept adding on to the hole until it eventually became a massive labyrinth of confusing hallways and mine shafts.

I remember my first amplified world where I made a home in the side of a mountain, with a giant glass window wall to see the landscape, and below me was a walkway to a village. Good times.

I'm in too.

Also i started in Beta 1.4, the game actually was the first shit i bought when i started PC gaming. Don't have any screenshots tho.

ive been playing minecraft for like the past 4 or 5 days and its the first time ive felt peaceful playing a game in awhile, besides the nether and mobs in the mine, but fuck man, im actually having fun

Attached: pain.png (128x135, 46K)

That's nice, user. Glad you're having fun.

Attached: 1542150086460.jpg (498x498, 27K)

Reminder that the new iteration of 4craft is being run by literal retards who refuse to nerf things like enchants when even Yea Forums is telling them to, only to be responded with "git gud"

Attached: git_gud.png (642x579, 55K)

whenever i start to build i always make sure i jot down the coordinates just in case i go exploring and get lost

wait v has a minecraft server? give me the fucking link dude

Debug mode is cheating imo.
Just learn your surroundings and get maps

never played it, so maybe one day.

I got my first blowjob (she swallowed too) while I was playing minecraft with my cousin, we're super awkward around each other now though

They do if you play best mod
[Spoiler]Terrafirmacraft[\spoiler]

yesterday, i got lost in minecraft looking for a jungle for melons, thats when i decided to say fuck it and turn on creative and go back to my house, i also spawned in 1 melon seed for compensation, i also spawned a juke box, discs, and a parrot

you call it cheating i call it being smart, wasting hours of your life because you lost your way trying to explore a game about exploration is stupid and i'm not about to start using maps till the new update drops that actually makes them useful as maps are fucking terrible right now

I've never played Minecraft, I sunk over 1k hours in Terraria though. Am I missing much?

Per Fabrica Ad Astra on ATL Launcher

Try playing with cheats turned off, you can still access that menu and pin point your location but you don't have access to the console

i remember me and my sister playing on a single world for hours and hours. we had houses all around within reasonable distance of each other so we could stay safe if we got lost. I made concealed buildings inside caves, she made houses with lots of decorations like balconies and so on. i'll never get that world back and it was the comfiest shit i've ever played.

Attached: 1550444966111.jpg (250x221, 10K)

And if i'm a filthy pirate? That still hasn't DL'd the game

i miss terraria, it's too over whelming for me now though. i played during early stages when the corruption was the newest thing about the game. tried to get back into it recently but there's so much new shit that it puts me off and makes me feel weirdly ill

i didnt have cheats on by default, i opened to lan and turned them on

I started playing Minecraft sometime back in 2010 during its alpha stage. I only played the online version at first (which didn’t have any monsters or animals or anything, not even day/night cycles). I first built a simple house made out of red bricks which was promptly griefed. I hopped around various servers until I finally found a Finnish server that didn’t seem to be half-bad. “Koodaamine”, I think the server was called. I then proceeded to build an enormous mansion made out of stone bricks. After playing with those guys for a few days I decided on purchasing the full game. On their alpha server I hung out with a few guys who built their homes underground. It was kinda’ neat. Then the server crashed and we lost everything, and we had to start over. The server just kept on crashing over, and over, and over... every few months or even every few weeks. Everything would get wiped after every server crash. I stopped playing Minecraft back in 2011. Got sick of all of the server crashes and wipes. Pretty sure that the server’s owners were trolls who enjoyed wiping everything. My first experiences with Minecraft weren’t all that great, really. I only get mildly nostalgic of those days. I was 23 years old at the time. Aw, hell. You guys don’t give a fuck? So I just wasted my time writing this huge block of meaningless text. Oh, well.

The first time I played on a server I made a sky city. I was stupid and didn't know much about buildings, so it was just a flat city with plots for other players to build on. The walkways were stone bricks, and the building plots were dirt with stone bricks around ir. The entrance was a spiral minecart track with water flowing in the middle. What made it so memorable is most of the people in the server built a house up there.

It was in 2010 I believe, my computer was so shit that minecraft was running in like 5-7 fps, my first spawn was in a fucking vertical pit 15 blocks high, i spend enough time getting out of there with my slideshow and then dig a 3x3 cave in near mountain, build a crafting table, a furnace, crafted some tools. I think i was killed by creeper because I didn't know that its not safe to go outside while it's night, haven't played it anymore until got new computer few years later. Good times.

Attached: 625464.jpg (302x402, 13K)

'6838
I dug a hole into the ground and waited for the entire night only to be blown to smithereens by a creeper in the morning

I started playing a little after, but I feel the same. When I started the endgame was Skeletron Prime, then 1.2 came out and it blew my mind it was so fun. I can't keep up with the new stuff but every time I have played recently the QoL changes felt great.

First played on a server made by a friend of mine from school; had a couple people from the school in the server
I made a giant dick tower next to the house of someone that I did not like at all

It stretched all the way to the ceiling of the sky

Has that shit been updated yet?

It's ok user, I read it all. I didn't experience online Minecraft until I played the fuck out of MineZ on Shotbow.net. that was really fun, I got to the point where I wrote fan fiction about the world and some characters I made up, embellishing my in-game experiences for the sake of fun storytelling.

Yea Forums will win 4Craft this time, get in here

Attached: 1550968793255.jpg (635x665, 130K)

why hasnt there still been a mod that somewhat replicates terraria? There were a few but they were made by literal retards that never played terraria.

My first home looked exactly like that, OP. I still remember it well, and it was many, many years ago. I chose a really high hill to build my house on. I thought to myself that mobs will have to walk all the way up here to get me, and I'll be able to see them coming long before they get here. Yeah, that didn't work out like I planned.

By the way, the first big new thing to happen to Minecraft after I first started playing was the addition of chickens. I began playing in the winter time and chickens were added in the summer time, so whenever chickens became a thing I started playing maybe about six months before that. A long time ago. I still play. I'm currently playing Regrowth, Sprout, and All The Mods 3.

>having a permanent home
>tfw no airship mod for a mobile home

1st:
>Jesus christ there's fucking monsters what
>Build exact replica of OP's pic

2nd:
>Small log-cabin with one room; expanded later to two rooms

3rd:
>Opulent cylindrical wizard-tower built into the side of the largest mountain in the area, stretching as far skyward as is game-physically possible, the tower flared with wave-like upward-pointing curves at its base, with a spiraling inner staircase stopping off at various marble floors, the top of which hosting a greenhouse-like area and the base of which drilled down into the mountain, hollowing huge parts of it out to make massive well-lit halls and even further staircases leading to the base entrance of the mountain and the core of the world

Good times, lots of autism.

you can still do that ya know

I had a map online with people when Minecraft became popular and whatever am I trying to do here this is a complete waste of time well donation isn't so bad no I didn't say donation I said Google this is better I don't have any idea what should I say now good name this is pretty impressive no not good name good day good pretty good mate I yeah I feel see ugly winky no I said you're a filthy ugly wanker yes now this is good speech recognition is a thing how much can you get out of me I think I will use it more often you're a fucking nigger goodnight no good mate no I said good mate because you're a good mate in her know you know you know this good hearing mate what can I say next I'm going to kill the president don't kill the cops no don't kill don't call don't call don't care don't care don't care don't call no don't call don't kill I didn't say not care don't alright let's try again I am going to kill the president or is shit no only shit early only Holly yes mate it's not quite right holy shit yeah good alright Google off how can I stop Google Google for cough no Google for cough fuck off good guess it's time to stop

>made a really tall post with torches around it to act as beacon for me
>coming back from the woods at night
>see my beacon in the distance

Minor castle with a dope bridge

all i enjoy anymore is caving. don't have the autism i used to have to be able to build stuff

I ran a server with 500 to 1000 active players, I got bored and didnt want to be the admin and it was expensive to run, so I stopped paying for it. I regretted not paying for it but by that time the server data was gone and I didnt have a back up. everything me and my server worked on for 2 years was gone.

Im sorry

I still have the map. Anyone know how hard it is to convert a 1.2.6 Alpha map to the current version?

I hate minecraft

Always prefer to build cave-homes into the sides of giant mountains. Especially mountains in colder places with lots of snow.

when's 4craft

everytime I play minecraft I end up hoarding and categorizing everything in chests in my storeroom. would play again but the pain of losing everything again for the nth time is too great. I have memories of beautiful abodes. At one point even had a little cozy garden with trees and water streams and gun turrets that would pop out the ground and gun mobs down when I pulled a lever.

a Dirt hut above a swamp with a little outdoor chicken coop jutting out over the water as well.

Mine was some sort of pseudo bunker that had a glass ceiling at surface level. Quickly abandoned that world in favor a new one, which became my main save for the rest of my time playing Minecraft.

Started off neat, a cliff side that I slowly turned into a multi-story building. It came to the point that I simply had dug out the entire cliff and ended up with some sort of mansion, with a tower/lighthouse that reached the maximum height, some sort of chapel, a grand backyard with a small dam, and some sort of dining area. I began to pave the surrounding area and later on I built a bridge that connected to my spawn area (it being in an island) and a statue commemorating myself and my achievements in that world.

That world died when my hard drive did. RIP.

i think all u have to do is go to the newest version and just launch the world. it auto converts

>tfw the first thing i built was a massive swastika

A cobblestone minimalist factory. Spawn was on a really flat beach/forest plain, so I cleared a little bit. Had a short rail system going to a mine that I got lost in for multiple real life days and a rudimentary TNT cannon in the lake out front. It was tiny and a mess, but it was mine. Had a mineshaft I tunneled down that didn't break into a cave until I was right above the middle of a lava lake, and a big open box room where the only redeeming quality was that I managed to get a single block of glowstone. I tried to make a mob farm out back, but the only thing it killed was my first ever pet wolf.

Attached: 1539117114072.gif (128x128, 11K)

Is there a better moment than finally finishing up your big house and moving out of the ugly dirt shack that's next to it? There's no better feeling than completing your base, knowing that you have a solid safe space to return to or to start over from if any adventure goes wrong.

Attached: 1494097647215.png (500x500, 309K)

Guys this is all a money making scheme. The admins have no knowledge on balance issues, it's questionable if they even play the game, they setup a Patreon BEFORE they even stress tested the server, they then said the Patreon would come back AFTER they actually launched the server just so when people were having fun they'd gimp the server and throttle connections to incentivize donating to their Patreon to keep the server alive. They want your money is all. archive.fo/NwifE

I really miss playing old multiplayer, we'd all find some random valley and just build a village all over it, it's hard to find these kinds of places now unless you've got amplified on.

Attached: 2011-04-02_20.26.52.png (1293x565, 903K)

to think pic related was before beds were even added

Attached: minecraft village doku's.jpg (1600x882, 190K)

I made a hole in a dirt hill near the place where spawned. It had an alright view of the sea and some trees on the left, so that was actually my home for a long while before I moved on.

peak schizo

What?

Attached: david_bowie_kira.png (454x248, 207K)

>How was your first home?
Just a tiny cave on top of a hill with the entrance covered with dirt. The cave was actually so small that the entire thing was destroyed by a single creeper.
Then I made an actual house. Out of dirt.

SERVER IP?
SERVER IP?
SERVER IP?
SERVER IP?
SERVER IP?
SERVER IP?

minecraft.bigbuttsin4k.com

where is your screenshot folder located?

>tfw first time playing minecraft back when it was in the later stages of alpha, got put in a snow biome
>made a shitty little stone hovel for myself, friend that was watching me play told me how to set fires and shit
>built a little fireplace in my stone hovel
>waiting the night out, listening to that music while it snowed in-game

I miss it. I don't think Notch should have went into the direction of a roguelike with the hunger system, just focused on exploring and autistic building in my opinion. At least the modding community is strong.

Attached: 1543893978248.png (239x372, 128K)

Went in blind as a 6th grade lad. First days was living up in a tree with a chest and work bench breaking the first few steps up so enemies couldn't fuck with me at night.
Dug out a space on a beach and built a comfy wood house with an indoor farm, windows facing the ocean, learned about cobblestone generators and tried to build one.
In my haste I forgot that my house was wooden and fire spreads.
I was pissed.

4craft temp server 149.56.106.45

>run around learning the game
>was told to build a house and hide it in once night comes or you're fucked
>sweating bricks, just been exploring and only have a couple pieces of wood and some dirt, don't realize I can just make a dirt house
>dig 3 block deep hole in ground and cover it
>go take a shit
>come back and realize this is literally just atmospheric legos and anything else doesn't really matter
Ever since then I've wanted a game like Hytale to come out.

notch literally first posted minecraft pre-alpha shit on Yea Forums