ITT: games you avoided for years because Yea Forums liked them, but then you tried and Yea Forums was right for once

ITT: games you avoided for years because Yea Forums liked them, but then you tried and Yea Forums was right for once

Attached: òwÓ (2).png (768x767, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hiNWNnG7
hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Completion
youtube.com/watch?v=Kxa7bby1lIk
hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Unnamed_Moth
youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9pnOeOuwc
youtube.com/watch?v=kkkXLyJxsZE
youtube.com/watch?v=XZjttHXdbmw
youtube.com/watch?v=yT9HJ7G-lNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Yea Forums was right

Attached: 1521661451699.jpg (299x333, 16K)

never listen to Yea Forums's advice

>taking this board's opinions seriously
Kill yourself

Attached: 1513703489000.jpg (638x522, 43K)

Hollow Knight is a fantastic game.

HK is a reddit-tier uninspired rehash of dark souls with flash game graphics. Yea Forumseddit likes it because they like to jerk off about being able to beat "hard" games, even thought even within the same genre there are much harder and better games, like La Mulana

This is Hornet. She's a spider that thinks that she's a bee. Say something nice about her.

Attached: 1552299243817.png (262x207, 99K)

Popular BAD

put some panties on

Attached: slut.png (420x520, 336K)

Nice legs.

Hollow Knight is a game that Yea Forums loves because Yea Forums did not play 8 and 16 bit platformers.

It doesn't do anything particularly well at all.

Reminder that Yea Forums thinks the fucking Yakuza series of games is good and people here will play all of them more than once even though they are the exact same game.

I didn't play HK mostly because I suck at metroidvanias. With a trainer is passable, nice game.

>there are much harder and better games, like La Mulana
LMAO, THIS. Never listen to Yea Forums's advice

>Popular BAD
that is correct in 99% of mankind taste on any topic

Pretty cool game worth pirating it

Attached: 1542129275013.jpg (750x733, 347K)

you can't stop me from posting gay bugs

Attached: cutebugs.png (563x522, 375K)

Yea Forums was shitting on Hollow Knight when it first came out. I remember keeping a close eye on Hollow Knights sales numbers on steamspy and even after 6 months it was still only around 250,000 copies sold. It wasn't until a year after release when word of mouth finally spread enough and they had sold over a million copies on PC and then launched on Switch that most of Yea Forums finally played the game.

Yea Forums is actually really good for vidya advice as long as you're aware of what games you tend to like personally, and you are good at sorting out plebs and shitposters.

Some of my favorite games of all time I only played thanks to Yea Forums recommendations.

>playing soi-looking indieshit

Attached: Attack_of_the_giant_faggot_starring_OP.jpg (425x301, 27K)

Also worth purchasing it

>Hollow Knight is a game that Yea Forums loves because Yea Forums did not play 8 and 16 bit platformers.

Hollow Knight > Super Metroid

Attached: here we go.png (459x156, 20K)

You stop posting those gay bugs right this instant, user!

What's "soi-looking"?

She goes pussy out.

Speaking of which, she only has 4 limbs, which doesn't help with her identity crisis.

Attached: 1552299181124.png (1034x582, 988K)

Xenoblade 2

Attached: saikek.jpg (723x629, 130K)

Attached: 1551403634270.png (1017x212, 21K)

Attached: v.jpg (1200x1133, 320K)

Pretty sure it means "thing I personally don't like".

I don’t go out of my way to avoid playing games, but thanks to this place I definitely know not to touch anything without seeing reviews of them first

Attached: 89F34F43-3BAA-482C-8F68-3C0EDBEF41B7.gif (480x287, 2.04M)

I wish I had the "playing video games is not Yea Forums" post from a RoR thread.

sure if you faggots werent shilling it this hard

It took me quite a while (and maybe four separate attempts) to enjoy FFVII, but currently am playing it now and am quite liking it, finally. Dont know what clicked, but I certainly see now why Yea Forums for the most part seems to be fond of it.

Another is Shovel Knight and Morrowind. Oh, and fucking God Hand. Great game.

Games that Yea Forums generally recommends that are actually mega shit are The Binding of Isaac, Mass Effect, Dark Souls/Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight

hahah, nah. it's not even good dawg. game is fucking depressing to play.

>Reviews
I sure hope you mean user reviews, and not "professional" reviews, or else you're a gigantic faggot.

over-stylized, artsy and retro

The shilling is happening because they just announced a sequel and we're not sour fucks so we're excited about it.

Have sex

i can't i'm addicted

Attached: greymourner.jpg (880x695, 105K)

pick your character

Attached: 1536228725814.jpg (1600x900, 232K)

What's over-stylized?
What's artsy?

user! I'm serious!

>it's a bug
>has human-like hair
for what purpose

Go fuck yoursef.

no cost too great

Attached: cuddling bugs.png (1280x1141, 1.06M)

Yep user reviews, sometimes even those aren’t enough to convince me to play something

Attached: 7D8CB43F-FB41-479F-8790-C38034702B8D.gif (467x480, 442K)

Make me, normie faggot

Reposting this treasure from a million threads back.

Attached: 6EEE0DF0-364C-4E9F-A43D-6F44CB7DDEFA.jpg (1400x393, 236K)

I have never made a bad purchase based on Yea Forums's Yea Forumserdict. Of course, this isn't something you base on a single post; it's based on a long analysis of criticisms posted here, avoiding memes and such.

?????

>desleal instead of traidor
And that's why I play in English.

>Hating on Yakuza
Is having bad taste a requirement for being a white guy?

>La Mulana
What, you mean "I really want to be as shit as Castlevania 2" Just because you're fighting shitty controls have the time doesn't mean La Mulana is hard

Attached: eat a fucking sausage.jpg (682x658, 48K)

how else are you supposed to tell they're pretty

Attached: ladybugs.jpg (1280x893, 347K)

It's an aesthetic that applies to some indie games but definitely not Hollow Knight.

>SEÑORES MANTIS
Now I want to see them wearing sombreros

But that's a cockroach.

picked it up because I decided to try a new genre I always ignored. It was fucking great, completely absorbed me for few days and 30 in-game hours just flew by
I almost feel bad for pirating it (not rly)

Attached: hollow_knight_guide.0[1].jpg (1200x800, 151K)

Because some insects do have hair and they're humanoid insects?

>RACE TRAITOR BUT OK

Attached: 1488850267925.png (700x603, 116K)

This guy get it.

>pirating good games
You should feel bad indeed. At least buy a legit copy when it's on sale or something.

>game is depressing to play
I know it is, but Super Metroid is a nevertheless important game in illustrating how far metroidvanias have come

Attached: rlly.jpg (280x400, 21K)

Is the PS4 version gimped or something? It's cheap, too cheap, especially on the PSStore.

Attached: 598e1e0a4aaf514333378c8be7_0.jpg (800x800, 138K)

You shouldn't make all your shill threads with the same picture.
Retards like me exist who remember it.

I havent played that version, but Hollow Knight was never that expensive to begin with, and it's been out for a while

HK is absurdly underpriced at $15 as it is. It's on sale on PS4 right now for like, what, $8?
Team Cherry is insane but so am I since I've bought it on 3 different platforms and spent less than $50 total.
Protip: the Switch joycons are horrible for precision platforming.

Do not try to understand Australian logic.

who is race traitor

I played this for two weeks straight and then one day stopped. I've no idea how far into the game I am, not how much stuff I'm missing. I just felt like I had alreayd played enough to get what it had to offer and left it behind. Now i'ts been so long I wouldn't even know where to go.

>You shouldn't make all your shill threads with the same picture.
>Retards like me exist who remember it.
still works

>Protip: the Switch joycons are horrible for precision platforming.
The Pro Controller is not much better off, because it can fuck up D-pad inputs. As in if you press too much downwards on the left D-pad button, it can register as a down press sometimes. It got me (nearly) killed several times in Hollow Knight.

the moth who helps you

Attached: seer vanishing.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Either the one guiding you to the Dream Nail or the moth who teaches you about it

Why did she die/vanish? Did she just hold on, to make sure the Dream Nail was in capable hands?

Attached: 20190309045436_1.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

Celeste

I bought one of those cheap-ass $25 controllers for the switch for it and had about the same issues, which is bullshit since you really need that d-pad sometimes in this game to hit the precision platforming.
The dualshock 4 is much, much better for HK. I hear KB&M is pretty solid too but I just use a pad on the pc.

>"Nada personal, siñior"

Pretty much. Seeing all of the broken shells in the basin, she had to be sure you weren't just another chump.

*the filthy stinking moth race traitor Radiance worshiping cunt moth bitch
ftfy

La Mulana fans still mad I see.

same. i'm almost through my first play through and i've enjoyed every minute of it

yoda reference

There must be something to resting grounds and how Seer and Ze'mer managed to hold on into the real world and banish once they were done with Hallownest.

OwO

hollow knight is a beautiful game but it's not fun to play. I don't like blindly roaming maps forever to buy a map, dying to shit and have to run all the way back to my body which will inevitably happen often because I'll fall into mini boss fights and shit. Can't play perfect. It's backtracking: the game. Though I can't be too mad at this game specifically, metroidvanias are all fucking shit with shitty ass platforming. It isn't fun it's annoying and tedious.

Fuck you.

Attached: Seer.png (182x177, 22K)

They're set for life even if they don't work a single day in their lives from now on, they don't need to price it higher to please shareholders.

>metroidvanias are all fucking shit
So why do you keep buying them?

Should I get it for the PS4?

Last one I got before this was axiom verge when it came out on ps4, which was also shit after 3 hours. Then I tried metroid zero mission and spent way too much time figuring out the correct path, don't worry hollow knight is my absolute last time.

Attached: YIIK - A Postmodern RPG.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

Who's ''we''?

>blindly roaming maps
were you dropped on your head or something? How's your spatial memory?

You know, I think being a race traitor is fine when your race goddess is trying to fucking end the world.

She's cute tho

Attached: yikes.jpg (640x320, 270K)

>It doesn't do anything particularly well at all.
stopped reading there
kys

>

Attached: 2680551-4504289372-DMC-D.jpg (1920x1080, 113K)

she fills the souls of bugs with light

>because I'll fall into mini boss fights and shit. Can't play perfect.
The game was designed to allow for quite a lot of error before you're penalized. You sound far, far from perfect

The people that like the game.

cope. enjoy your backtracking game

only one of those words is quantifiable and you're still wrong to use it.

Oh look, another brainlet that can't find his way without handholding markers.
How pathetic.

Light that makes them go insane and sometimes also explode in orange goop, yes.

>cope
from where is this shit coming?

>excessive backtracking is okay when it's the main point of the genre
imagine thinking this

She just wants to be free though.

I love the look of the upgraded nail

Attached: 20171215_by_gushu009-dbwqk1z.png.jpg (751x1065, 117K)

>games you avoided for years because Yea Forums liked them
Yea Forums absolutely hated this game when it came out. unironically never listen to Yea Forums

>excessive backtracking
>>>>excessive
Not the game's fault brainlets have zero spatial awareness and get lost every 10 steps.

Git gud, son

Attached: 876122772_preview_Map-V5.jpg (6747x4727, 2.08M)

This bad boy right here.

Is the sequel any good?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 40K)

>so why do you keep buying them?
>I played others and didn't like them
Huh.

Minor detail. You know what they say, no cost too great.

Its a shame because I absolutely adore the aesthetics, the lore and visuals, but absolutely despise the combat. I have a hard time playing the game because the vast majority of the game is doing the mediocre combat, when exploring and taking in the world is much much more enjoyable.

>metroidvanias
>roguelites

Attached: 1551602581466.png (753x960, 29K)

>Yea Forums was right for once
Pic-unrelated, I presume?

The worst part of the game is the dull level design and the boring and underwhelming power ups.

It looks like the developers learned their lessons for their next game by giving Hornet combat tools for depth and variety.

I think the Godmaster content is very lackluster, unnecessary, and the "true" endings should not be that difficult to obtain. Idk if any share that opinion, but it's a pretty big mar on an otherwise great game

Attached: 1547841171047.png (1200x798, 2.4M)

>It doesn't do anything particularly well at all.

I completely agree.

>dull level design
Compared to what? If you compare it to the classics of the genres, just about every single area of the game is unique, and has a unique environmental aspect that only occurs once, unique shapes or contours of the map, even while the environmental theme itself repeats for a certain region. You have unique statues in the background, unique traces of civilization, etc. Compared to SotN where you pretty much just have horizontal and vertical hallways with the vertical ones having a zig-zag back and forth, almost predictably boring

I don't think you've played much of the game. I have to admit the first couple hours are dull as it seems the whole game is going to look like the forgotten crossroads and you have yet to realize how large the map is, but that just goes to show the splendor of Hollow Knight: most detractors mistake the first region as the entire game.

Attached: castlevsotnMap-Castle1_25x.jpg (3912x3000, 1.65M)

>boss rush area with DIFFERENT DIFFICULTY SETTINGS
>standard difficulty mode is: Fuck you.
Yeah, they dropped the ball on that one.

>I don't think you've played much of the game.
This is the go-to retort by HK worshippers. I'm tired as fuck at the moment but for next time a HK thread rolls around I'll prepare a screenshot of my 105ish percent run of this masterpiece of mediocrity.

>we have reached a point where games like Symphony of the Night, the Yakuza games and so forth are added to the list of games Yea Forums will eternally parrot are shit even after praising them for years for enjoying them

Is there some group of giant mega autists out there fucking hellbent on shitting on whatever little remains the majority of Yea Forums actually likes, or have we gotten to the point where the oldfag meme of "no vidya on Yea Forums" has become too real due to shitposting faggots and it is too late to save the board?

>This is the go-to retort by HK worshippers.
Ok then. Do you care to offer examples of what "dull level design" means to you? Offer examples of what they did wrong and how you think it should have been improved. Because otherwise it seems like a baseless assertion

I might even agree with you about the power ups. I mean it's not like you get to transform into a bat or a wolf or anything, but for as unique as those transformations were, they hardly ever came up in SotN's gameplay, whereas HK masterfully wove the necessity of all of its moves into not only the environmental challenges but the boss fights as well

>the dull level design
Can you explain what's exactly wrong with the level design?

>it is too late to save the board
It's been this way for some time
The only thing that spawns conversation around here is dissension. No one wants a group of people who just agree with them except maybe Nintendo fans

The godmaster endings are not the true endings.

I'm still angry that it didn't get a vita or 3ds port
metroidvanias are best play on handhelds.

The biggest mar on this otherwise great game is the lack of diversity in items, equipment and power ups which translates into a lack of proper rewards for exploration and challenges. You can't change weapon or armor or mask, you can only customize charms and half of them are useless due to being poorly designed, too costly or having clearly superior versions. Many of them shouldn't be charms in the first place and should just be passive upgrades. The rewards for finding secrets is mostly just Geo which quickly turns useless. The Rancid Eggs are bad rewards and the priest that summons your shade should just be a free service. It's an horrible feeling when you give treasures to the historian and you get nothing but Geo. It's an horrible feeling to find 20 secrets and get 20 rancid eggs and it turns out you can buy an infinite amount of them and I only ever used one.

>The rewards for finding secrets is mostly just Geo which quickly turns useless.
Not since they introduced a way to upgrade the frail charms.

This is like being hard on a Zelda game for 95% of rewards being either rupees or heart pieces, of which you don't really need either

HK doesn't have many powerups but they all prove useful for all kinds of scenarios. If you compare this to turning to fog in SotN, a trick you need to use a whopping one time, it seems like a cheap excuse for an ability, something that fools you into thinking you got something when it may as well have been a gate key

>somebody assaulting Hornet
>she appears as a captive in the trailer of her game
They are.

Have in mind I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you (specially on the charm system being underdeveloped), I just want to know how you think these elements could fit and work in the game.

>You can't change weapon
What kind of weapon would you want in HK?
I mean, considering you have to maintain the ability to pogo, wich means the same attack for the four directions, there isn't that much room for weapon variety. What would a different weapon give you?
>armor
Health masks and defensive charms already have that job, don't they?
What would armor types give you?
>change masks
Aside from being an aesthetic thing, what could changing mask give you that could not be covered by the existing charm system?

>The rewards for finding secrets is mostly just Geo which quickly turns useless. The Rancid Eggs are bad rewards
>it's a horrible feeling to find 20 secrets and get 20 rancid eggs
Could not agree more on this. Specially the Geo; it's probably the biggest flaw in the game, the money is horribly balanced.
>summoning your shade should just be a free service
Shouldn't be in the game at all to be honest.

can someone give me a greentext of the story?

Attached: 1552323215825.gif (200x153, 2.48M)

>buying games
Yikes. Wagecuck detected

I am equally hard on Zelda games because many rewards are rupees. I am consistent in my feelings. I don't like Zelda games for that reason. I played the first ones on nes and snes but they fell out of my favor. Heart pieces are acceptable rewards however. It doesn't make the player scream "FUCK YEAH" but it has purpose and impact. It's not currency.

>pastebin.com/hiNWNnG7

thx user

>>>she also pulls other bugs into her thrall, and being "controlled" by the Radiance means being a without thoughts, a mindless drone
Starting to get tired of this headcanon to be fucking honest.

>moth shines at everyones faces with a bright ass flashlight
>pale boi comes along and gives everyone sick shades
>people stop caring about moth fag
>everything is good
>mothfag comes back with an even stronger flashlight
>pale boi decides to lock up the moth in thing so he cant blind everyone again
>turns out thing is flawed and he can still shine through the cracks and he starts blinding everyone and their moms
>everything turns to shit
>you come and break that fuckers flashlight once and for all

Attached: 1546256909834.png (3840x2160, 62K)

>put the Radiance inside him (never really understood how he did that)
Pretty sure he just let the Radiance invade him and his hollowness swallowed her. But since he wasn't completely hollow he had to use the dreamers to seal the egg.

Bretty güd :DDDD

I will not argue that it is impossible to make power ups into the exact same customizable charms. You are absolutely right. Changing weapon, armor or mask would produce the exact same kind of power up that comes from charms. Longer reach, heavier blows, greater protection, greater mobility, all these things can be granted by charms and the game already does that. I have no reason to argue against it. However, most modern games offer several ways to customize a character. It is generally well received. It adds depth. Most games seem to be doing fine by giving more customization options. This game is a 9/10, I am not trying to shit on it in general. I'm simply giving the reason why I can't see it as 10/10.

This but unironically.

Fuck "ha ha good luck figuring out where to go"

Both this and dark souls have shit gameplay and are babbys first hard game.

Go beat castlevania then come back to me

>But since he wasn't completely hollow he had to use the dreamers to seal the egg
The Dreamers sealing the egg (2nd layer of the sealing) is so that the vessel doesn't get disturbed by outsiders.
The vessel not being "completely hollow" is the reason why the first layer of the sealing failed.

Fuck castlevania poster here. I just saw this. You absolutely nailed what is wrong with this game. Based 8 to 16 bit poster

Attached: tenor.gif (320x180, 1.23M)

Attached: plot of hollow knight.png (644x694, 344K)

Is she a captive or is she being carried in a palanquin as royalty?

Attached: Palanquin.jpg (1500x1500, 380K)

Well, the infection at least seems to do that. Though the moths obviously weren't drones before the king came, so it's not accurate.

>they are the exact same game.
Stopped reading right there

Attached: 1552120317282.png (533x463, 255K)

She's a captive:
>Play as Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, and adventure through a whole new kingdom ruled by silk and song! Captured and brought to this unfamiliar world, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom’s peak.

user there's a character in the game who's entire purpose is to show you that the Radiance enters people's thoughts and takes over their will.

Attached: eamonn-devlin-myla-fan.jpg (1920x2715, 285K)

Fell free to explain why its wrong instead of acting like a know-it-all prick .

Fuck you, Team Cherry. Seriously.

>Pirate the game
>Realize it's incredibly good
>Buy it twice

It's 10 bucks, you'd need to be unemployed or underage to not buy it.

I understand then that your main point is that some of the effects we can get by charms should be proper passive upgrades that don't cost notches then.
If that's the case then I guess it would be a matter of balancing the game around that.

Mind you, again I'm not disagreeing with you. It's not unusual to see people saying they're disappointed in the past that the Mask Maker didn't let you change masks for new effects, or that you couldn't change weapons, or that there's too few abilities.
I would love those things too, but I have no idea what effects and changes could these elements introduce, so that's why I ask what other people would do with them, trying to look for external insight.

For me the biggest flaw is still how badly the money is balanced. And then the fact that some areas and aspects of the game were left incomplete.
With that I still think the game is an 8/10 at worst.

Attached: movement skills.png (615x417, 20K)

I just want to know if the PS4 version is good

Of course you did, it's the end of the post retard

Both things.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 32K)

I'm talking about the time that specific quote is referring to, you dorks.
We literally don't know how things were before the Pale King and if she exerted influenced over other bugs than her own tribe, you thick cunts.
The only confirmed thing about her on those times is that she was the goddess of the moth tribe, anything else, like saying she had the rest of the world in a hivemind, is pure fanfiction from moth haters.
Specially considering the game heavily implies other tribes existed with their own mind previous to the King's influence.

All versions play the same, Switch PS4, PC, it's all personal preference.
PC version has mods for harder difficulty if you're a masochist, but I prefer the Switch version to play wherever

I posted this in a thread before but I'm pretty sure that Myla's dream nail dialog is a trick. The game wants you to think the Radiance wants Myla to murder the player character with the text "kill the hollow one". However, with all things considered, the Radiance is probably broadcasting the vague command "find and kill the HOLLOW ONE who is imprisoning me" which actually refers to the Hollow Knight, not the player character, althought Myla herself is not informed of the situation and will obviously strike at the player with the hope of fulfilling this command. The same can be said of all the infected bugs who are hostile to the player, who can sense his void nature but cannot know if it's truly the bug imprisoning their master.

Attached: TacRZTH.png (671x667, 25K)

That's right, user. You're a smart cookie.

That's a good point actually. Everyone assumes she's 100% aware of what's going outside her cage, but that could not be necessarily the case. It could be possible what we see with the dream nail is her desire to have her "seal" killed.

It's kinda nice that you'll have to climb in this game when in HK you were mainly going down.

He didn't have any arguments to begin with.

>on the middle of a Steel Soul run
>aiming for the 100% achievement
>decide to practice the Trial of the Fool on another save
>tfw I'm fucking shit
Guys, I... I don't think I'll be able to do this.
Perhaps I should just give up.

Attached: 2546354y7658678.png (889x473, 517K)

Sounds like you need more practice. Build up that muscle memory. Keep at it.

Just equip the mantis charm that gives you more range, the one that gives you more strength, the one that lets you slash faster and the one that gives you a longer invulnerability period and you'll be golden.

Same for me but I still quit after 8 hours and never went back. I just cant bother, its not that good

But Bardoon specifically talks about how the Radiance takes away bugs' ability to think

>For quiet retreat did I climb up here, away from spitting creatures. Ormmph... Yes. High up. Away from simple minds, lost to light.

>Theirs is a different kind of unity. Rejection of the Wyrm's attempt at order.

>I resist the light's allure. Union it may offer, but also a mind bereft of thought... To instinct alone a bug is reduced...Hrrm...

I wouldn't say it's my main point that some charms should be passive upgrades, It's more of a secondary point. I mostly wanted to talk about the lack of proper rewards, which could be fixed entirely to my satisfaction even if none of the charms were turned into passive upgrades. The rewards just need to be balanced and fair. But if we're talking about that subject, I think those charms would be good candidates for being passive upgrades: Wayward Compass, Dream Wielder, King Soul, Void Heart, Spore Shroom (just the effect for learning and speaking mushroom language). At least I think most will agree for those. I would add Dashmaster and Sharp Shadows but these are more questionable. More mobility is generally welcomed and giving the player the choice to be either more mobile or less mobile is often not a good addition.

He's talking about the infection, not about the pre-King Radiance.

You can be critical about something you like. What's more, you'll have a lot more criticism about a game you've played for a substantial amount of time than someone who played an hour and dropped it thinking it was pretty good but will never finish it because of their low attention span.
You've probably heard about this phenomenon before, it's called being blissfully ignorant.

sure buddy

You realize those lines could be pretty much referring to the events post-plague, and the light could be referring to infection, right?
You don't know if what's he's saying is referring to events previous to the Pale King.
>rejection of the Wyrm's attempt at order
Hell, that line mentioning the "Wyrm's attempt at order" obviously refers to his kingdom.
Bardoon is aware that the Pale King was birthed from the Wyrm's death, and he's the one that theorizes it could've been just a transformation.

Radiance is communism, Pale King is capitalism. Fuck mindless unity, everything is about cost and none is too great.

Can you prove otherwise with something that is not headcanon and speculation?
No? That's what I thought.

Why are you guys acting like infection and Radiance aren't the same thing? The game couldn't try any harder to put these two things together.

t. sawblade fanatic

Why does nobody draw art of true best girl teacher?

Attached: 1552056781069.png (1280x1280, 330K)

what kind of bug is greymourner btw?

Attached: 1541115906853.png (1278x720, 765K)

Why the fuck are you acting like we know if the Radiance messed with other bugs other than her own tribe before the King came?
There's literally nothing about how things were before PK came in, and we have no idea if she interacted with other tribes and bugs outside her people. The only thing we know for sure about the Radiance from that time is that she was in charge of ONE tribe.

On the other hand, what the game does tells us is that her tribe was a bunch of pacifist hippies who very rarely picked up a weapon and that the King convinced them to betray her so he could rule as the only higher being.

the gay kind

Attached: with a big sword.jpg (1181x1575, 106K)

>show proof
>no!
>oh okay
>HAHA GOT YOU
Whoa.

I should've mentioned that I'm also doing this Steel Soul run with no nail upgrades.
Wanted to go for a magic build, but jesus, the trial is so long that at some point I end up needing my soul for healing.

What proof?
I'll ask again, can you prove that he is talking about the pre-hallownest Radiance in those lines and not the post-infection events like he obviously is?

cockroach

>He
Don't assume my gender, fucking HK worshippers are worse than scum, I already told you I was too tired to post.

Can you prove that he is talking about the post-infection events in thoses lines and not the pre-hallownest Radiance like he obviously is?

>no nail upgrades
are you masochist? do you also enjoy the 2 hour boss fight agains Seymou in FFX?

I can't believe it, I just died to Absolute Radiance in Pantheon of Hallownest, during the last phase after dealing most of the damage necessary. I had such luck with the patterns, he only spawned downwards spikes and orbs in the first round, appeared TWICE at the same place as I did in the second one, but hit me twice with these stupid fucking lasers as you ascend the final platforms. Only two or three hits more and I would've been done with it.
Fuck, I don't think I can do this again, I'm good enough now to beat NMK Grimm and Pure Vessel almost every time, but my patience is running dry.

Attached: 4790127344543.png (960x540, 670K)

Same brother. When Yea Forums isn't shitposting, it's got good taste

Attached: 1551657587928.gif (557x605, 29K)

No, I can't prove what he's specifically referring to, and neither can you, that's exactly my point.
You're the one using his lines in favor of your argument, when neither of us know for sure to which timeframe of events Bardoon is referring to.
Yet you assumed which one of the 2 options must be true and then proceeded to past your fanfiction as canon.

I'm not the one arguing here with a loose quote that can be interpreted 2 ways.

Literally stop then, candy-ass roody poo

So you're saying at the start the Radiance was completely harmless and then a new kingdom went to great length to imprison her for absolutely no reason because she was completely harmless and then AFTER being imprisoned it turns out she became a apocalyptic threat of mass brainwashing and wanton destruction but she wasn't before, and nobody knew she could be, so the king experimented and murdered all his children just in case, and oh boy his random guess turned out right.

Magic build is fun in this game, but also kinda busted.
"Transforming" your nail into a soul gathering tool by not upgrading it balances it out, but also makes some long fights very scary on a Steel Soul run...

I thought that knight was a she, the Traitor Lord was her lover, and that mantis in the grave was the son?

Hornet better better have more than 3 needle arts

Attached: hornet is beauty hornet is grace.png (2600x2001, 809K)

that sounds actually fun

Yea Forums liked the fuck out of Ever Oasis but it was so obnoxiously "cute" and handholdy that I dropped it the same way I did Epic Yarn when that came out on Wii. Fapped to what little Esna porn there was a couple times and that's all the games was worth. 2 faps/10.

>he
But seriously. This is part of the reason why the game is an 8 or 9/10. Now you have to fight your way aaaaaaaallllll the way back to her past all the other bullshit, in ONE go, with no place to save or get your bearings. It's ridiculous and I wish less games do that sort of artificial elongation

Not him but there is literally zero indication that Radiance was ever a girl. Even "her" screams sound way too masculine.

Silksong fucking when?

>So you're saying at the start the Radiance was completely harmless
No, I'm saying we literally don't know how she was at that point other than she was the godchief of one tribe, but it's kind of curious that tribe also happened to be known pacifists.

>new kingdom went to great length to imprison her for absolutely no reason
Sorry, but the King did draw the first blood in this confrontation because he wanted to be the only godlike being the people under his rule worshiped. The devs pretty much confirm that on pic related.
>and then AFTER being imprisoned it turns out she became a apocalyptic
Wow, after another god convinced the people she created to betray her, and forget her (which is practically death sentence for a metaphysical goddess), she comes back centuries later mad as fuck and desperately trying to reemerge?
How fucking unexpected, right!?
Fucking please.
>so the king experimented and murdered all his children just in case
The King did that AFTER the infection appeared for the first time.
He didn't expect Radiance to survive nor he was preparing void children for her return, that was literally his new plan after trying to have her forgotten failed and she came back. Get your fucking lore right god dammit.

Attached: radiance and moth tribe.png (733x469, 84K)

It's ok
Dropped it because I got bored though

if i do the grey mourner quest i can still 112% right?

what do i need?
grimm and pantheon?
not all pantheon?

Attached: 1543037657002.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Attached: cool bugs don't look at eruptions.jpg (2289x2212, 727K)

>if i do the grey mourner quest i can still 112% right?
Yeah, no problem.
>what do i need?
hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Completion

why the fuck do you go on V then?

Nice try autistic shill

There is absolutely nothing in that paragraph which says that the Radiance was harmless. It makes perfect sense that the King tried to bury this god and turned its tribe away from its worship because it was highly dangerous and volatile, just like we have seen when it is unleashed. There is no ending where we can convince the Radiance to stop being mean. Everything in the game tells us that it acts of divine instincts and cannot be stopped. There is only one thing that can be done about it: destroy it. The Pale King is not portrayed as definitely good, he is portrayed as ambiguous and harsh and pragmatic, but the Radiance is absolutely portrayed as chaotic and deadly. It's the whole point of the game to kill it because, again, there is no alternative with dealing with it.

kys faggot

But user, even if your make a very valid point regarding that sentence in partiuclar, it's obvious the Radiance did make the bugs into mindless creatures, because Silksong as a whole and bugs like Cornifer that came after the Radiance sealing and the PK disappearence have a mind of their own. So the Pale King wouldn't need to grant them superior mind unless it was taken away from them.

Dark Souls desu

>There is absolutely nothing in that paragraph which says that the Radiance was harmless
AND MY POINT
IS THAT WE
DON'T FUCKING
KNOW
YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING DEAF CUNT
Holy fucking shit how much do I have to repeat this.
Arguing about how the Radiance was pre-hallownest is arguing with assumptions. Go to fucking hell for trying to mix your retarded headcanon with what few things we actually know.

>I didn't play HK mostly because I suck at metroidvanias.
you can still play it

>Have sex
Saw the reviews; wouldn't recommend. Even pirating it can fuck up your machine with viruses and you need a good VPN because the cops actually enforce anti-piracy laws for sex.

>when i imported the save it got me all the achievments up to that point but not false knight

am i fucked?

Attached: 1547853414811.jpg (400x317, 59K)

I've just beaten Soul Master and am now fighting the Dung dude in the waterway. How far through the game am i at this point? Still haven't been able to access the 3 dreamers so far and i've always ventured through alot of the bug infested area near the bottom.
I was tolld Holow Knight is an extremely long game but i feel like i'm over half way.

Attached: H2x1_WiiUDS_HollowKnight_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 213K)

Will these do?

Attached: 0cce22fa458642adb42e5b58037fd4fc20c177385cd5f609f6e8f2224feb79bd.jpg (1250x1250, 69K)

>it's obvious the Radiance did make the bugs into mindless creatures
Before Hallownest, all we know about her is that she ruled over the Moth tribe.
The game also implies there were other tribes with their own free minds. What the King did is grant minds to wild tribeless bugs so he could have the numbers to kickstart his kingdom, and then tried to assimilate existing tribes like the Bees, the Mantises, the Mosskin and the Moths.

So no, it's literally NOT obvious that she made the entire world into mindless creatures before the events involving the Pale King, when there's several things that go against that assumption.

It says the moths are descended from Radiance. Perhaps that makes them immune to the infection. Perhaps the Radiance makes every bug go mad except other Moths. We've seen the Seer, she worships the Radiance, she doesn't appear infected. We've seen Markoth, he's a warrior of the Moth tribe, he's not infected. There is also a moth ghost in the graveyard, not infected. There isn't a single infected moth in the game. Perhaps they have clemency from this angry god who smites all others. Moths are insects that enjoy light, the Radiance nourishes them, but other bugs want darkness and flee from the light.

>it was highly dangerous and volatile
Back then at the start? We don't know, that's the point of this conversation.
>it makes perfect sense...
It makes perfect sense that she became insane as she currently is AFTER being betrayed by her own children and sealed away alone for god knows how long. Possibly centuries.
A lot of interpretations can make sense.
>There is only one thing that can be done about it: destroy it
Yeah, but you guys aren't talking about present "gone mad from betrayal and isolation" Radiance, you're talking about pre-betrayal Radiance and assuming she was like that out of nowhere.

>The game also implies there were other tribes with their own free minds.
Exactly. But then to who did the PK grant superior mind hum? I'm not saying EVERYONE was dumb shit under her control, Mantises probably weren't for exemple, but many were and there is evidence of that in the form of what you yourself said, the bugs we encounter that came from outside HN and Silksong. Radiance rules does equal losing your mind. and before you say it Moths weren't like that because why would you fuck over your own creation that whorships you anyway?

Maybe like 30-40%?

Just use a keyboard man, switch supports uPnP right?
Hahaha

Attached: lel.gif (800x430, 564K)

I found the switch joycons were pretty decent for HK
Also got the game for $5 on mexican eshop I'm canadian

I find it gets (You)s like "incel" so I spam it whenever someone seems mildly upset. It works.

It takes so long to get another shot, I can breeze through the pantheon until I encounter Markoth, then the game gets way slower. Zote is easy enough, especially after forcing myself through all his challenges, but Grimm is also another boss that punishes you if you think you can go really fast, two masks at a time add up really quickly if you decide to do risky shit. So I play with patience, beat the shit out of Pure Vessel, the four lifeblood cores are a good safety net in case you get that shitty combo of dash and counter. Then Absolute Radiance completely ruins you with some truly unfair patterns and there you go, wasted at least half an hour.
Worst thing is this isn't the games fault, it's my autism, it just wouldn't feel right finishing this game without unlocking the last ending. I beat AR at Attuned and got to the last phase during Ascended, but I still wouldn't feel satisfied until I beat him at the end of the pantheon.

White Lady's eyes makes me want to hug her and put her in my pocket.

Attached: tumblr_p7lfm6B9yy1wc2jzqo5_1280.png (1024x1024, 1.23M)

>ha ha good luck figuring out where to go
>dark souls
>hollow knight
damn my nigga you are retarded

So the Knight has feelings right? Doesn't the first ending suggest that he'll eventually succumb to the infection too?

And, are they special, in the sense that they were able to become that giant very monster?

And I'm saying the game doesn't try, at all, it really really really DOESN'T TRY, to make it seem like the Radiance is a misunderstood victim that isn't actually chaotic and dangerous. The game doesn't try to give any hints of that. The game says it's an horrible wrathful god and the game tells you to kill her. It's the goal of the game and there is no alternative. You're the one who has to perform a great stretch of imagination to assume the Radiance might have been harmless pre-imprisonment. Your only evidence is that it had a tribe of worshippers which it didn't immediately kill. Woopedoo, it didn't kill SOME people. It's hardly meaningful at all. It can be a wrathful god that has few worshipers and smites all others, as explained here , and it's pretty much how the game portrays it. The theme that moths want light but other bugs want darkness is omnipresent in the lore.

>Radiance rules does equal losing your mind
The infection caused from Radiance desperately trying to survive does. We literally don't know if she was the responsible behind tribeless bugs being mindless.
You could also argue they were just naturally animal-like bugs the ones the King granted minds. Then after having the numbers to start the kingdom he began expanding.
Convinced the moths. The Hive remained independent, we don't know how. Failed to absorb the Mantises but made a deal with them.
Not sure about the Mosskin, they had their own godchief too (Unn), and it seems they weren't happy about the Queen making their territory into her personal gardens.
The Spiderkin seemed like they didn't mind being part of Hallownest, but the wilderness and danger of the Deepnest that separated the kingdom from their Village seem to have made impossible to properly assimilate them in.

There were probably more tribes, but we just learn about a few in the span of the gameplay.

your quest is a piece of shit

kak nié znat rodiogo cina?
No idea what it mean tho.

Super Metroid is one of my favorite games and I'm sure I'm older than you and I love Hollow Knight. Eat shit faggot.

I didn't get that impression.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kxa7bby1lIk
He takes the place of the hollow knight and that's it.

¡Que te jodan!

This.
I completely agree.
HK is shit haha
how do i upvote

>>The game doesn't try to give any hints of that
>the only tribe she created are known for being pacifists
>the Seer dialogue heavily implies that they made a mistake (crime) with that betrayal
>the devs (word of god) pretty much confirm the King was the one to take first action
Yeah, I guess there aren't any hints if you ignore the ones that we do have.
>You're the one who has to perform a great stretch of imagination to assume the Radiance might have been harmless pre-imprisonment.
Great stretch of imagination?
Honestly? Fuck you man. My entire single point in all this conversation is that we DON'T KNOW how she was, that the game DOESN'T TELL us how she was, and that we should NOT ASSUME how she was without more information.
You are the one arguing with headcanon and assumptions here while I provide quotes and explain that we should only follow the few things that we do know for sure, and I'm the one that is performing a "great stretch of imagination"?
Fuck you, you headcaning faggot, fuck you.

>Your only evidence
What's your fucking evidence about how she was before the betrayal other than assumptions and fanfiction?
>Woopedoo, it didn't kill SOME people
WHO DID SHE KILL BEFORE THE BETRAYAL
WHO THE FUCK DO WE KNOW THAT SHE DID KILL PRE-HALLOWNEST
OH, BUT I'M THE ONE USING MY IMAGINATION HERE AND ASSUMING THINGS, RIGHT?
Fuck your headcanon mate.

Yea Forums has only steered me wrong once. It's a piece of shit.

Attached: Rune_Factory_4.jpg (640x569, 115K)

>avoiding stuff because someone likes them
You are just as retarded as morons who do everything because of peer pressure, do you think you're being a special snowflake?

Well you know you have the chance to kill the nail master or not. If we take out player choice, wouldn't the decision suggest mercy or desire to fulfill the master's wish?

>rehash of dark souls
It's a rehash of metroid you mongoloid faggot

The moth tribe is pacifist because their fucking god infects and kills all non-moths you gigantic autist. It couldn't be more clear. Is there any point in the game where the Radiance says "Actually I don't want to randomly kill everyone can we just live together in peace?". No. It doesn't say that. That's literally all the evidence you need. The Pale King sealed it behind several layers of protection because it was a nuclear bomb.

It's 15 dollars for 40 hours of standalone content. Stop being poor.

Attached: 1551637504483.jpg (590x460, 69K)

>You're the one who has to perform a great stretch of imagination
All the guy has been defending is what the devs literally said here , and that anything outside of that is speculation. Stretch of imagination is by definition what you are doing.
Are you fucking mad now?

It's a good game, and on paper by all means I should like it, but I just couldn't get into it.

>It couldn't be more clear
You're arguing with headcanon. You literally don't know what the Radiance did and she didn't in that era other than create a tribe.
>Is there any point in the game where the Radiance says "Actually I don't want to randomly kill everyone can we just live together in peace?"
Is there a point in the game where it's stated that before the Pale King came the Radiance was killing fucking everybody? No. It doesn't say that.
Fuck mate, that's a great stretch of imagination there.

>kak nié znat rodiogo cina
wait that's russian? i thought it was bug language lmao

Attached: alberto-esparza-lady-hornet-in-the-hamlet-a4.jpg (1240x1754, 313K)

You guys are arguing over lore purposely made vague to fill in the blanks. Both of you are correct, as far as the devs are concerned

>The Pale King sealed it behind several layers of protection because it was a nuclear bomb.
The devs literally said (I mean, they literally said it) that the reason the Pale King convinced her tribe to betray her is because he wanted to be the only being his people worshiped so only his vision could be valid.
Your headcanon is not stronger than the literal words of the authors.
That's literally it.
>No. It doesn't say that. That's literally all the evidence you need
>"the game doesn't say she didn't kill all the bugs in that era"
>"that proves she killed them before the King came!!"
You literally don't understand the concept of "evidence".
Do you understand why the presumption of innocence (innocent until proven guilty) is a legal principle? This is so retarded.

moths like light
god of light is good for them
other bugs don't like light
god of light is bad for them

How much of a hopeless argumentative fuck do you need to be to miss this simple theme.
>but w-what if light isn't bad for other bugs
No. They fucking hate it.

I mean, I want to keep it civil but please do read the ENTIRETY of my post user.
I will break it down one last time but if you just want to ignore what I say and keep reposting the same arguments over and over what can I do?
There is bugs
And, as you say
>The game also implies there were other tribes with their own free minds.
Finally there is moths, and there is the Radiance.
Now we have two scenarios :
>1 : other bugs were dumb and Radiance didn't have anything to do with that
This one contradict a lot of shit :
>Silksong : bugs there have minds of their own and the cult traveled far from their kingdom
>Cornifer, Tiso, Coth are outsiders that came after the passing of the two mind-granter and still they did possess a mind of their own
>If everyone had a mind, then half the game lore is a straight up lie as the PK wouldn't have been able to expand any minds since they all were already, well, expanded
>2 : other bugs were intelligent and the Radiance didn't make them lose their mind
Well then again, to who the fuck did the PK grant mind if everyone already had one?
>3: other bugs were intelligent and the Radiance fucked them
The PK then did have people on which to grant expanded mind and it fits with Radiance's latter behaviour.

I mean, its pure logic.

three scenarios*, my bad

How far through the game am I if I just beat Uumuu?

I'm still not seeing where the game states that she killed everybody pre-hallownest.
All I see in that post is a huge speculation based on a real life parallelism blindly pasted on a fictional world with dream realms and shit. You realize in the game void (aka ultimate darkness) is also bad for the bugs, right?

Whenever the red sword guys appear kill everything except one of them and then dream nail them and heal until you have full health and soul.

Actually, I think the devs answered a question about this. The answer they gave was vague like always, but it did mention the infection itself might not be something the Radiance is actively doing, but rather it's simply a natural effect the Radiance has while trying to come back through their dreams. The Radiance's divinity or whatever might just be too powerful for the bugs to handle.

Attached: [Hello!].png (419x277, 66K)

Check again. The developer commentary is "I guess he wanted to be the only god". It's a guess. The sentence is structured like that for a reason, it means it's a subject the developer refused to officially answer canonically. Developers do that all the time. They don't necessarily want to give away everything, something it's something they want people to figure, sometimes it's something they prefer to leave ambiguous. Whichever it is, the wording is clear. That's his guess and therefore it is also your guess.

"Kill a nigga"
>k
"Not just any nigga I mean the prick jailing me"
>wat u say
>dw senpai we kill all niggas
"Don't just chimp out, fucking free me"
>haha naw fuck dat we run this now boi
>we wuz lite an shet

: other bugs were dumb and Radiance didn't have anything to do with that
>This one contradict a lot of shit :
>>Silksong : bugs there have minds of their own and the cult traveled far from their kingdom
Except for the fact that you have already admitted there was a separation between tribes (bugs with their own mind), and "other bugs" that were animal-like (the ones the King gave minds to kickstart his Kingdom).
The fact that there are tribes outside of Hallownest with their minds too doesn't contradict anything. Both animal-like mindless bugs and tribes with minds can exist outside of Hallownest if they existed before it.
It doesn't contradict anything at all.

>hear the legendary tails of Trial of the Fool
>get instilled with fear, so avoided it my first 10 hours of playing
>didn't actually get around to doing it until completing the path of pain and beating all the bosses on radiance in god home
>mfw it only lasts a few minutes and hardly anything happens

Attached: 1067109.jpg (1280x704, 49K)

>going through trial of the fool
>do everything perfectly up until the fight above the spike pit with no platform
>finally able to reach the second stage of that part, where the ceiling is lowered
>have to fight one more stinging bug in an even smaller space
>kills it
>another one spawn
>kill it with one mask left
>THEY SPAWN ANOTHER ONE
>die
Come the fuck on, man.

Attached: 1551510537661.png (882x960, 753K)

This is what max WIS and INT looks like.

Yeah, but that's the thing. That guy entire point in that conversation is that nobody knows how the Radiance was before Hallownest and that to claim otherwise is pure assumption (aka guessing).

It's not speculation based on a real life parallelism. Bugs in Hollow Knight fucking hate light.

Dream nail dialogs:
> ...Light...Danger..
>...Safe...Dark...
>...Scared..
>...Pain..
> ...Danger...Tired...Kill.
>...Sleep... Dying...
> ...BRIGHT
> ...HOT...BURNING...
> Aaaaaaaauugghhhhh
>...Hurt...Kill...Hurt...Kill
>...Burn! I’m... burning!

And in Bardoon's words
>For quiet retreat did I climb up here [...] Away from simple minds, lost to light.
>I resist the light's allure. Union it may offer, but also a mind bereft of thought... To instinct alone a bug is reduced...Hrrm...

Moths like light. Other bugs don't like the flashlight god. Get over it.

Where are the lewds? Has Yea Forums turned even more gay on me?

Attached: 1551642412085m.jpg (1024x701, 91K)

Your post doesn't make any lick of sense, either syntax-wise or lore wise.
>Except for the fact that you have already admitted there was a separation between tribes (bugs with their own mind), and "other bugs
No, you did, I was repeating what you said to discuss it.
>The fact that there are tribes outside of Hallownest with their minds too doesn't contradict anything.
Yes it does, There is no reason for some bugs to have mind of their own while other don't without explaination. Nor is it reasonable to assume the world works on different rules depending of the region.

>And in Bardoon's words
We've been over this shit already.
We. Don't. Know. If Bardoon is referring to pre-hallownest events or to the infection with those lines.
Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

I wonder if Hornet will find a crush during Silksong. Better not make her fucking gay though.

Attached: 1551293587495m.jpg (692x1024, 47K)

No. She was clearly waiting for the knight to show up to face hollow knight, and the knight went and became a sinister god himself. It's a joke ending at best

He's wrong. We can infer much of the truth based on simple themes and parallels and dialogs. We just can't make an educated guess based specifically on that developer's commentary, who refused to answer that question. It's an easy mistake to conclude that because that commentary refused to give a deliberate and clear answer then it must mean nothing can be brought forward and compared and discussed. Basically:
>Look, this quote has no answer, therefore no answer can exist.

>her

>Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
Stop.Acting.Like.You.Are.Some.Super.Smart.Guy.That.Is.Definitively.Right.
Stop.Speaking.In.A.Condescending.Tone.When.Your.Arguments.Are.No.Better.Than.Theirs.

Team Cherry says Hornet is a princess

Stop it.

Bardoon is talking specifically about light, not infection. That post is about light. Bardoon says he's retreating away from light. He's doing what bugs want to do in that universe, like most bugs do in real life, except for moths, because that's the twist, and it's so simple a 12 years old should be able to grasp it.

Yes Hornet is a girl. Are you dumb or something?

Attached: 1551261479229.jpg (690x1024, 31K)

So. What you're telling me. Is that the Knight grew up like the Hollow Knight. AND THEN HE DICKED HER IN FRONT OF THE EGG?

Holy shit, don't you fucking start.

She doesn't wear panties though.

Yes. I will fondly miss the release days when everyone was discussing it.

Apparently its pretty buggy though, but I managed to 100% it without running into a softlock.

Listen mate.
There are several things in the game that implies tribes with their own minds existed before the king. You admitted this.
Yet as you say the King gave minds to some bugs.
Nothing states in the lore that there can't be both animal-like bugs and intelligent bugs existing in the same world, in fact, it would be natural otherwise you have to face the contradiction that all bugs were intelligent before the King yet he gave minds to the bugs.

>There is no reason for some bugs to have mind of their own while other don't without explaination
There is no reason for it not to be like that. Is a setting with animals and persons where everything is a bug.
>Nor is it reasonable to assume the world works on different rules depending of the region
I didn't say that.

Animal-like and intelligent bugs both exist in the world.
Some of then have godchiefs (Moths, Mosskin).
King comes on a specific region and gives some of the animal-like bugs minds so they worship him and he can build his Kingdom.
He then proceeds to expand and tries to assimilate some of the existing tribes, with varied success.
There's no contradiction in this scenario.

Yeah, about that...

Attached: Boss_lace.png (1316x1331, 230K)

>princess
>girl

Attached: 1551954752759.jpg (592x555, 60K)

No fuck off, I want Hornet to have the happiness of being a mommy.

I don't think anybody ever mentions the infection as an infection in the game.

hornet is void

Attached: sfvj3nkzqqj11.png (1003x771, 412K)

I honestly don't see why Bardoon could not be using "light" as a word to refer to the infection.
It wouldn't be the first time the parallel is made in the game.

Attached: 626t3547678678.png (396x294, 34K)

She is going to get impregnated by the Shade Lord.

Fuck off you piece of shit.
All I'm saying is to not argue with pure assumptions like they're canon when we literally don't have enough information about the matter.

Hornet is Spider and Pale being you stupid dumb idiot. No void involved at all.

Attached: 1550277964824m.jpg (791x1024, 126K)

Attached: 4D46E8B3-E19F-4AA4-8A16-47E465C0AE41.jpg (750x499, 110K)

I'm sure there's some bug out there that has a bug clinic that does IVF, don't worry, they've literally done way crazier things in that world.

CUTE!

Surrogates is unnatural and peak degeneracy.

But she'd be their biological mother.

>>I resist the light's allure
I don't know, that specific line personally reminds me of the Traitor Lord succumbing to the infection in exchange of a power up.

You fuck off with your all mighty behaviour, like your some kind of supreme authority that can only speak the truth, everyone being retards for not seeing it.
You're just some guy on the internet that argues about obscure video game lore. So calm the fuck down KID.

I want full version of top left and bottom pics

Team Cherry says radiance is female.

>like some kind of supreme authority
I'm not claiming I know more, ALL I'm claiming is that we don't know things that the game literally doesn't state.
Look, in retrospective I'm sorry if I came out as an asshole due to my frustration after being trapped on a looping discussion, but I'm not claiming I know more or better than my opponents, I'm actually arguing against that.

>There are several things in the game that implies tribes with their own minds existed before the king.
Is there? Consider the following, from the Watcher of the Shrine of Believers.
hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Unnamed_Moth
"You who pry into even the most hidden of dreams... Take heed. Recorded within this shrine are utterings from another world. Thought their words may seem strange, remember they come from minds different to ours, the minds of a group united in mysterious cause. To believe or disbelieve... The choice is yours."
The most ancient moth in the game alludes that even in the ancient past the radiant god was uniting minds. It seems to me it would be a lie to say that this god discovered a sudden and inexplicable interest in mind unity after leaking from its void prison. The same ancient moth says "When many voices gather, great or terrible things are sure to come... " which can be seen as a warning against having "several voices", something which displeases the moth in chief, who prefers the safety in unity. It's a recurrent theme in the game that the Pale King gave every bug a mind but it lead to great and terrible things.

Attached: moth shrine.png (200x204, 13K)

You can do some Grimm Troupe or Godmaster content instead to get up to 100%. It doesn't have to be in the base game. I've got a 107% SS run without Trial of Fool.

That's not what happened. The Knight managed to reach the Radiance somehow after beating the entire pantheon of Gods and he obliterated her, becoming the Shade Lord and voiding the shit out of everything and since the Radiance died, the Hollow Knight just walked away and assaulted her at the entrance of the temple of the egg.

He's just talking about the kickstarter backers, don't overthink it

>the Hollow Knight just walked away and assaulted her at the entrance of the temple of the egg.
What makes you think he wasn't obliterated too when the Knight beat PV

Nah, it comes under many names but infection is mentioned.
>HUNTER: "I have felt the desire. The desire to take the infection into myself. To become stronger, more powerful."
It's in the same of an enemy (Infected Balloon) and in the name of an area (Infected Crossroad).

How can (I) not know (my) own son?

Because PV is a past version of HK, not the HK itself.

What the fuck man.
Are you really going to pass literal bonus content regarding a room where they let the kickstarter backers put their lines as if it was relevant?
>the minds of a group united in mysterious cause
>"alludes that even in the ancient past the radiant god was uniting minds"
He's just referring to the kickstarter. C'mon man, that's just a a fourth-wall cheeky wink to both the players and the backers.
Just like that one chozo reference too as a wink to the Metroid lovers.

I really don't want to escalate this, but I want you to remember that another poster accused me of "performing a great stretch of imagination" and then read your post again.

Oh, true that. I was thinking about actual conversations or lore writtings, but I guess the Hunter does count.

I came to the same conclusion as the first user, the Hollow Knight walk outs and surprises her. I thought it was neat that the reward of the perfect ending is that the Hollow Knight is finally free of his burden. The player character always have a somewhat sad ending but at least the Hollow Knight can be saved. Hornet takes a battle stance when she is startled from behind but that doesn't necessarily means she was surprised by an hostile entity, from what we know about Hornet she would always take a battle stance when surprised from behind.

If Hornet becomes a captive in the sequel and is simultaneously treated with reverence (transported on palanquin) it's probably because other bugs assumed she's the God Slayer. From the point of view of other bugs, she walked toward the temple, the Radiance was slain and she walked away, ergo she's responsible. If anything she's being transported to someone who has a lot of questions to ask her.

>the redditor faggot who helped translate this translated the name of the cities

I'll never not be mad...

I'm going to be extremely mad if Team Cherry doesn't deliver with that cliffhanger and gives us some big brother action.

Attached: hollow_knight_by_yubi03_dcwv0rt-fullview.png (1024x950, 538K)

What did he name the cities? I wanna know.

You're right that it's not a popular term in the game itself, the words plague, sickness, madness or light are used more often and interchangeably. It's a good choice, it's more poetic and fitting for the atmosphere.

It's shit, dropped it halfway because it was boring, castlevania is better, even la mulana 1 and 2 despite having bullshit puzzles are better.

After replaying Hollow Knight I realized I still don't exactly understand one thing about the ending

Why is Hornet able to enter the temple only when you have the void heart? While I understand why you would be able to destroy the Radience just in this case. I don't understand what this has to do with Hornet being able to enter the temple or not.

Attached: all-hollow-knight-endings-how-to-get-feature-img_feature.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

While that makes sense seeing how they're indeed transporting her with respect, I don't think they'd just capture her. Maybe the HK knocked her down or something and that's how they captured her?

He translated Dirtmouth as Boca sucia. I shit you not.

It makes my blood boil.

When you have the void heart, she realizes that you're not simply trying to take the HK's place, you're trying to end the plague altogether, so she volunteers to help. If you don't have the void heart, there's no reason for her to enter.

Because she's half Higher Being. She doesn't say she can't enter, she says she wouldn't be able to hold up for too long. That's why she only enters when she sees a chance.

Don't bother user, just let them reveal themselves when they keep bringing up Dark Souls despite it only being connected by a single game mechanic.

Like I said, with a trainer is a good game.

>started the game a few days ago
>make it to City of Tears
>Dat music
>Dat atmosphere
>Dat rain

Fuck, how comfy.

Attached: 56fa8992-e915-4629-8385-bbd94b64a878.jpg (1200x900, 257K)

>retro
You have no idea what you're talking about
Cease

STALKER series 6-7 years ago. Sad nobody talks about it anymore

>Why is Hornet able to enter the temple only when you have the void heart?
She is always able to enter the temple. She is able, but it will kill her. By the look of it, she dies in a matter of seconds. The temple is poison to her. She only enters when you have grown strong enough to tackle the Radiance (in the game, that means you have the Void Heart). Then she will make a gamble. She'll enter the temple, restrict the Hollow Knight, then fall on the ground, poisoned, a few seconds away from dying. If you kill the Radiance in the dream world the poisonous influence will dissipate, she will stand up and live. If you don't, she remains immobile on the ground, dead. I assume time is stopped or slowed down in the dream world.

Attached: 1550971464251.png (425x300, 197K)

I don't know anything about the language. How is it wrong?

>GIT GUD!

>rehash of dark souls

zoomer post

It's complete literal and wrong. He translated dirt as in filth, not as in soil.

As a Spanish user, there's many things that can be translated. But it is agreed on many players that some terms are left untranslated because either they sound awkward in Spanish or there's no direct translation to the term.
An example, the term "items" is often translated as "Objetos" (objects) and many agree it sounds weird, and would prefer it if they left the term 'item' instead. Names of places is also another thing that should be left untouched.
In the case of Dirtmouth, the translation is accurate (Dirt=sucia(o), mouth=boca), but being accurate it's not the only thing you should strive for when translating or localizing something in another language.

>"Objetos" (objects) and many agree it sounds weird, and would prefer it if they left the term 'item' instead.
What kind of South American shithole are you from? Objetos is perfectly fine.

I think I'm actually stuck in thr story progress in Hollow Knight and I dont know how to continue

sucio/a is an adjective, not a noun, so "boca sucia" would be "dirty mouth" in english, not "dirt mouth"

Huecosuelo would have been acceptable I guess.

I guess it's kind of a pun. The way I see it, it's a backwater empty town and the developers purposely put "dirt" in its name because the area is far from glorious, instead of a more aesthetic word like ground or soil. I agree that it wouldn't have been my priority to refer to dirtiness. It's logical that in-universe the town is named after the passage that leads to rest of the kingdom, a hole in dirt, so that would take priority over a pun.

Tell that to the asshole who who translated the game.

Objetos sounds dumb. I don't play my games in Spanish anyway, but still.

Can't even attack diagonally like in SOTN

Just tell us where you are in the game and we can direct you. What's the last boss you fought? What's the last item you acquired? Did you go through an area that looked important but where you haven't fought a boss or found an item? The map in Hollow Knight is complex and sometimes there are small passages or ledges that seem unimportant but lead to essential areas.

The nail slashes are pretty wide, you don't need to attack diagonally.

But I would like to and I'd like enemies that make use of it. Greater degree of precision = better.

More is not always better. The enemies already can come at you from any angle.

So you defend aim assist as well I gather? Basically the same thing...

You can do more with a greater degree of precision. You can have more enemies on screen and enemies that gravitate towards certain zones in relation to the player, like in SOTN, all the floater enemy types etc.

That's a dumb comparison. Most of the time you don't even need to use that in SotN, and in any case, if you want to play SotN, then go play SotN. Not every game has to have the same controls.

Earth Defense Force 2017

>What's the last boss you fought?
Mother Gurz > False Knight > Hornet > Moss Charger > No eyes
>What's the last boss you fought?
Since I'm stuck I have been doing a lot of exploring, last found charm was the Thorns of Agony, along with many city emblems scattered through Greenpath, for now I simply been grinding Geo, but it's getting boring rather quickly. I got the Moth cape dash thing, but that's pretty much it.
>Did you go through an area that looked important but where you haven't fought a boss or found an item?
...No? I guess?

I explored almost all Forgotten Crossroads. I cannot access the tram, nor the elevator thingy at the south-west part of the map.
Explored Greenpaths, and however I also completed the Stone Sanctuary, far on the west there is a path I cannot reach for my Dash and Jumps are not enough, there is a huge pool of acid and the plataform is too far away for me to reach. Also an unmapped area on the northeast part of Greenpath.
I explored the Fog Canyon but I cannot seem to get pass these two black energy barrier, one of them blocking the way to the Map Guy, which is very annoying
In the Fungal wastes there are 2 different places I cannot reach by Jump/Dashing, and where these bouncing mushrooms thingy dont propel me high enough to overcome and obstacle
Explored all Crystal Peak and got to the Resting Grounds, got 223 essense right now, grinding essense is too fucking hard and boring.
Found Queen's station too.

Yeah I dont know what to do, I suppose I could Dreamnail the ghosts on the Ghost Glade, but Revek kicks my ass and I dont know how to beat him, also I seem to need a double jump ability but I dont know where to find it

>Most of the time you don't even need to use that in SotN
Doesn't matter, greater degree of control is still preferable. But no, not every game has to play the same way.

>Just finished Momodora 4, Luna Nights and Hollow Knight
>still have that metroidvania itch
>look throught Steam catalogue
>only wanna-be retro 16-bit pixel shit

Any other colourful stylish metroidvania plataformer out there?

Attached: 1528135849622.jpg (442x640, 97K)

Not OP? But why does the Knight need the void heart? I mean it doesn't seem to change much, the avoken nail seems to be more important

Go back to the fungal waste area and try to reach the south-southeast area. You'll know you're on the right path once you see completely different new enemies.

>try to reach the south-southeast area
Huh, I remenber finding sort of tomb or altar to an 'Elder', but other than that I found nothing
Should I dreamnail the altar? Is there a secret somewhere? I dont really I think I missed anything...
...-I think-

Mantis Village in Fungal Wastes. You get an ability there.

Now that you mention it, somewhere south in the Fungal Wastes there is a locked door, and behind it there is an item.
I'd stay to inspect but these 3 fucking fungal mini-nuker thrower irks me beyond words.

Other than that I dont recall I missed something
That or I'm simply retarded

Names of places formed after common words should always be translated, as those names tend to give some kind of idea of feeling that would be lost if they weren't translated. Otherwise everything would be happening according to your keikaku.

You probably haven't explored all of Crystal Peak, it's a tricky place to explore and I swear I went through the area half a dozen times before I finally found the tiny passage leading to the right place. Crystal Peak contains an important power up, the Crystal Heart.

Here's a video for finding the Crystal Heart. Beware spoilers.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9pnOeOuwc

You'll need the lantern and you'll need Desolate Dive. You can buy the lantern at the shop. This video will lead you to Desolate Dive.
youtube.com/watch?v=kkkXLyJxsZE

You don't mention having the ability to cling to walls. This will lead to the claw item.
youtube.com/watch?v=XZjttHXdbmw

You probably don't want to watch videos until you're absolutely stuck beyond hope. Usually if you wander long enough you'll find your way. At least take heed that you probably haven't explored all of Crystal Peak even if you think you did. I know I got stuck on that one for a while.

Looking at my collection, you could try Strider, Wuppo or Rive. Wuppo is way better than it looks.

Same as you. Feels nice being liberated from Yea Forums's shitty bait opinions.

>You probably haven't explored all of Crystal Peak, it's a tricky place to explore and I swear I went through the area half a dozen times before I finally found the tiny passage leading to the right place. Crystal Peak contains an important power up, the Crystal Heart.
Now that you mention it, there is an area in which I cannot reach by jumping, the lobby right before the spiked floor section, where these 2 fucking crystal hunters are breaking my balls.
Up there is a plataform I cannot reach by jumping and dashing, and I traversed the whole spiked floor stage just to fall into the Resting Grounds
>You'll need the lantern and you'll need Desolate Dive
I assume that ability is necessary to break the loose stone plataform somewhere else in the Crystal Peak, yes I remenber it, you enter in another entrance

I will refrain to watch videos until i'm sure I have run out of all guidances, maybe I missed something in the Fungal Wastes and Crystal Peak, but what the fuck I dont know where it could possibly be

Generally you are supposed to get the ability in fungal wastes before going to crystal peak. It also lets you get to the next main area.

Well shoot then I will explore harder this time

wuppo looks good, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=yT9HJ7G-lNo

It unites the void, meaning radiance will be swallowed by the void if you manage to defeat/weaken her

Why did the Pale King decide to take over the Radiance's land instead of finding his own place?

because he's white

kek

Attached: 1551754966498.jpg (500x550, 127K)

>vsync

Attached: 1516747938773.gif (353x234, 2.3M)

LISA

Attached: 1550609648422.png (933x836, 667K)