*Hinge breaks off*

Attached: ds_lite_sys_red_blk.jpg (500x390, 24K)

Never happened with my DS Lite's. My originals broke from a 2 foot fall.

I went through like 5 ds's, my original was a phat ds and I think it stopped charging, then I got a replacement and the hinge broke and I proceeded to go through like 3-4 ds lites with the same issue. The 3DS at least doesn't have to seem this issue or at least it's not as common.

>put all of my 3DS games in one case for easy transport during a trip
>trip successful
>case returns home successfully as well
>case disappears into the miasma of shit I hoard
>entire 3DS library is MIA
Fuck my retardation. I SWEAR I unpacked it.

*L button stops working*

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 98206F95-E97E-4928-8B92-70149C386766.jpg (651x755, 390K)

congrats user now you have a game boy

Oh, cool. I got a Switch now.

Did Nintendo address this at all? Other than bringing out the DSi of course
Every DS i've had snaps in either spot no matter how careful i am.

*tries to rip everything in half like a rabid maniac*
i just don't understand how it broke, why did nintendo make their handheld so fragile?

>not just replacing the housing and upper LCD if the damage is to the point where the ribbon cable got fucked up

Did the nintendium deposits run out for the DS lite? Those things had such shit durability. I had 2 and the hinges broke on both. And I never dropped them or anything.

Go through your shit and find it, dumbass, and also get rid of the shit you don't need.

Might have been Gold Plastic Syndrome.

CLEAN YOUR ROOM

Attached: the_reason_why_the_DS_has_weak_hinges.jpg (322x417, 42K)

Jesus Christ. I swear I've had nightmares where this would happen to my DS or 3DS (at their respective times), but thankfully nothing has happened yet in reality.

The only DS I broke was the original DS phat, I dropped it and the hinge broke but it still worked. My DS lite, DSi and 3DS all still work perfectly and I'm a clumsy autist that drops them a lot, my DSi in particular has the corners all scraped, yet it's still in one piece.

It's only really the ds lite that had the shitty hinges. The other models are okay.

nintendo - we make toys

Attached: 1539130191762.gif (320x238, 2.32M)

That happened to my GBA, my GBmicro, and both DS lites I used to have. It's almost uncanny

>*loses stylus*

Attached: recliner.jpg (847x605, 168K)

I don’t get it
If you break off the upper part the touchscreen is used as a replacement display automatically?

I never had that issue, my DS Lite just started freezing when Id turn it on.

I think I knocked my original bulky design DS off a shelf twice, about a 2 meter drop. Hinges shattered the second time. The DSi I bought when it came out still functions to this day and I still take it with me when I travel and shit.

you could play gba games on either screen

Just install cfw and install all the games you lost.

Attached: 1551970403787.png (689x693, 675K)

No, the DS let you choose which screen would GBA games display on, he just configured that before tearing the thing apart

I am pretty sure it's implying the DS is shit and GBA was better and he's playing POKéMON Emerald.

Cute, but it has no speakers now

That was my second guess

Isn't that like a fairly common "mod" you can make?, it was called the Gameboy macro iirc

Mine started to freeze in the middle of gaming.
Sleep tight, old prince.

Attached: 1548009248699.jpg (680x545, 31K)

REEEEEEEE
Don’t remind me

Nah you have an option to choose where GBA games display, and if they start automatically on boot

still has a headphone jack though.

still have mine, with the hinge broken and the buttons all unresponsive, it it wasnt costed me $80 bucks i would be mad,it was almost new when bought it from a black person, so it may had been stolen.
yet my OG DS is working as good as day 1

*save corrupts*

Attached: ScreenHunter_1044 Mar. 11 18.48.png (515x542, 273K)

blow on it, it works on mine, and eventually you stop needing to do it.

>Every DS i've had
That might just be you if that's the case seeing as it was only an issue with the Lite.

This makes me so uncomfortable

Attached: F9F7E0DB-3AB9-4A0E-A842-086AF2DDB678.gif (500x277, 1.38M)

*drops out of 20th floor window and destroys concrete sidewalk in your path*

Attached: 20190215_174952.jpg (3264x2448, 2.42M)

>implying the battery dying is corruption

>hinge breaks

>not using CFW
nigger

Attached: 1535665289812.jpg (920x960, 85K)

Imagine having to wear shit, just to hear sound

Attached: EA42E04F-6DAA-4E94-93B0-9E3513CB42CE.jpg (2094x999, 1019K)

Happened with my original DS

It was pretty durable, used to bite it all the time when i got pissed

>tfw people actually buy laptops like this

Attached: 1550283669048.png (492x250, 102K)

>L and/or R buttons stopped working.

I can't believe Toa Tahu is fucking dead

Advanced

happened to my brother's DS, my blue DS ended up not playing audio after I lent it to that fucker later on too

It's surprisingly easy to replace a hinge. And by that I mean I had to buy another ds, take my old one apart, realize the replacement ds's hinge didn't fit right, and just decided to replace the entire top screen. But that didn't take that long. Thanks for reading my blog

>DS phat has a cracked but not severed hinge
>DS lite is still going strong
Any moment now it'll happen.