Yakuza 0 removes Denuvo

Yakuza 0 removes Denuvo
steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1835685838081959287/

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1835685838081959287/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Performance increase or nah?

Why even bother in the first place? Wasn't the game instantly cracked?

Hey i was just asking about them removing Denuvo from Yakuza a while ago in a Soni Mania thread, sometimes nice things actually happen

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DENUVOCUC_KS BTFO

who cares, the game was already running all maxed out @1440p with 80fps+ on a 970gtx

Denuvo is only needed to protect the sales in the first couple of months. Even the 9 months they had it is egregious

Imagine actually believing Denuvo protects sales and isn't cracked day 1.

yeah, worked great for DMC5

And I just finished it a couple days ago.

Most of the time it does, DMCV was an internal leak. You'd be stupid to take one instance of Denuvo getting bypassed quick and pretend we're back to the days of same-day cracks for almost everything

Yakuza 0 took like a month or more to crack, don't remember exactly but it definitely wasn't day 1

still pirated it

Now remove it from Kiwami too and I'm buying.

Metro Exodus took 4 days, RE2 6 days, Just Cause 3 1 day.
Denuvo is dead, bud.

I wonder if they'll take it out of vc4 next

>DMCV was an internal leak
Yeah, okay

>protect the sales
most pirates wouldn't have bought it anyway

>Yakuza 0 removes Denuvo
Finally. I know I could have purchased it back during the 30% sale, but I really wanted to wait until the beta patch went out of beta and Denuvo was officially removed.
In a way I feel kind of like a sucker for waiting, but I wouldn't want it to look like I was ok with Denuvo.

Now if only they put it on GoG I could give them my money.

>releasing a denuvo free version on steam

probably was tbqhfampai

Huh, My 980 was dropping to 40ish in town.

im %99 sure Kiwami never had it

Consistency as expected of Japanese devs. I ran it 1440p ultra 55-60fps on a literal i3+750ti.

I may have to reinstall it and give it another go then.
or just Platinum the PS4 version first

Based, now I'll pirate it.

Yakuza 0 should remove Yakuza 0
The most overrated game in a bad series.

Cool, I just bought this game a week ago and hadn't got around to playing it until yesterday

>most of the time it does
Not anymore, if people want the game it gets cracked quick.

You know, you'd think Denuvo and companies would get the message by now and stop forcing it.

And none of the thirdworlder shitters that said " I'll buy it once they remove denuvo" bought it.
What a surprise

Attached: sly.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

But I literally just bought it. And had already bought Kiwami.

Wow based devs removing online check from a single player game!
We should totally thank them for not being scumbags!

Kiwami never had it. It's functionally an expansion pack of 0 people call meh so it was never a huge priority.

Would you rather they never remove it at all like other publishers?

>steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1835685838081959287/
I may buy yakuza because the price seems right and it has no denuvo right now.

But I'll never buy VC4 even if they remove denuvo, the price is atrocious for my third world economy.

In fact, it's so bad I already pirated the game, fuck whoever thought this price was a good idea.

it took over 100 days for it to get cracked iirc

Thanks for DRM-testing!

Attached: a.png (733x231, 89K)

proof?

Do I need to play the other games in the series to "get it"?

No, 0 is meant to be a starting point.

No.

Did the random stuttering get fixed?

Not really, Zero is a nice starting point for people new to the franchise.

No, 0's designed as an entry point to the point where both Kiwami's and 6 pay off stuff from it.

Brits are responsible for the port.

>0 is a starting point
not really. you'll get more out of it if you're a fan of the series

Goddamnit, why are my eyes leaking?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

For small time easter eggs yes but 0's plot is designed to be newcomer friendly. Knowledge of RUBBER BULLETS doesn't impact how Majima's thoughts about the Saejima situation are driving him.

SEGA are fucking based.

Lets be honest, all the Yakuza games after 0 are really about the Pocket Circuit substory, and 0 is the right place to start that.

Attached: Yakuza-0-1.jpg (1170x660, 194K)

No since they put denuvo there to begin with.

It's $11.39 on Fanatical right now user, 43% off. Your patience is rewarded.

Sweet I can finally my Humble Montly version

Hows your card collection going, aniki?

Attached: screenshot00435.jpg (2560x1440, 1M)

I don't think I would've gotten through Kiwami 1 if I didn't play 0. That has some some of the worst mechanics and bosses I've ever seen and the only thing that made it enjoyable were the references and Majima everywhere.

Attached: 1538486887831.jpg (626x354, 20K)

Yeah and the story in 1/Kiwami1 was pretty shitty in general...
Well at least they added a few good sidequests in Kiwami1, so its not entirely bad.

Jingu fight was total bullshit though.

Attached: dinner.jpg (2560x1440, 829K)

>Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
Noice, it will now probably run out of the box on leenox with proton.

Still waiting for the GoG version.
Steam is still DRM.

so many fixes but the turkey is still a chicken

thanks doc

did someone finally made the hardcore mod?

link to the mod?

give mod damnit

>Yakuza 0
shit sux

3/4/5 on ps4 when
kiwami 2 on pc when

Attached: 1551039631978.png (400x378, 79K)

shhh don't destroy his false narrative

insects

Attached: 2019-03-11_15-57-48.jpg (642x620, 49K)

wait for a sale at least, save a couple bucks and it's past that "no sales" period

>not preordering both
>not having finished both games already

Attached: file.png (1002x233, 267K)

The Chinese localization of all the Yakuza games are by Sony Taiwan so it's very unlikely those will be ported to PC.

shouldn't attack someone just because they prefer denuvo

just isn't right

does the steam version not have chinese?
that's weird, the ps4 one even has a different model for assassin dude

see

I dunno about hardcore mods, man. They make the collection thing and video-viewing more interesting, but Kiryu is a canonically an eternal virgin that has never seen naked pussy.

woah, nice

Attached: hmm.png (631x48, 32K)

When are the rest of the games getting ported to PS4? I refuse to play 6 without playing 3, 4, and 5.

Attached: 1535484944008.jpg (975x820, 78K)

you just know limp-wristed white cuckold hands wrote this post

some time

Naturally loading times will get quite shorter, some FPS increase is also expected because Denuvo basically runs in a virtual machine.

Do you think it'll be an E3 bundle or are they just gonna drag their asses on it?

Noticed faster loading.
You'll really only see a performance increase if you got a weaker CPU in this game

Okay, fuck the unfunny button masher, when's Sonic Mania's turn?

are you dumb

Not having chinese translation for a game nowadays on Steam is pretty stupid. Those bug fuckers buy games like crazy.

it already doesn't have it
now leave

Why is majima dressed like this

you should really play 0 user
it's a good videogame

we'll probably get them all bundled, but i have no idea when they'll have them localized.
we could be lucky and get them at the end of this year.
it mostly depends on if they're working on localizing other games like shin ryu ga gotoku, since they definitely want to redo the localization for 3 in particular.

>end of the year
why would it take 16 months to localize a game "if we're lucky"

Holy fuck, I actually didn't expect that, sales must have sunk for them to backtrack. What other Sega games were freed?

Attached: 1530905970054.jpg (295x424, 52K)

>only played 0 so far
>mfw seeing all the footage from other games with Majima looking like some drag queen pirate

Attached: 1546972872406.png (313x305, 145K)

it's the smart thing to do
after the game is cracked it's pointless to keep paying for denuvo, regardless of sales
you didn't play 0 to the end?
also i started with 0 too but absolutely love post-0 majima

Attached: backstory.jpg (1920x1061, 332K)

I will buy once they fix regional pricing

like i said earlier, it depends on what other games they're working on.
they seem to be focusing their efforts on new RGG studio releases atm.

I'm still stuck grinding cabaret in chapter 7.

I can't believe Valve's little cuck drones on Steam community will still defend Denuvo.

This.
Either fix the price or I'll wait for sale.
Honestly these games deserve to be bought at full price but I just don't want to spend so much money on a video game.

Felt like I waited a year for a crack.

sega is pretty big
is there only one team doing localizations?

>so much money
user it's 20 currency

It's more than 20 in my country.

0 is an interesting game. It's the only one that has managed to crash my pc during the past 15 yeas.
I still loved it to death.

i think so, FOTNS wasn't done by the people who normally localize the yakuza, which is why it came out shortly after kiwami 2.
thinking about it more, it really shouldn't take them longer than this year to release the ports, since the existing localizations for 4 and 5 are fine, and they said they have newer localization software so that may help them with 3.

Still going to pirate it, fuck paying for a download. By giving console a physical release but not PC proves that they see PC as nothing but a bunch of brainwashed Steam using pay pigs that hate themselves so much that they give literal donations to companies
It should be illegal to charge for a download

Anyone find it jarring when you go from 0 back to Yakuza 1/Kiwami and everyone's flipping out over 10 billions of yen?

>literally cannot comprehend that software can have value and only pays for the box

Attached: 1525376929374.jpg (640x480, 27K)

Based? Based.

Bet u think love is free too.

Chinks are moving from Steam towards CubeJoy.

>Y0 is $11 and change right now
>remember I still have a bunch of games in my backlog, even been sitting on Nier Automata for years now
time moves too fast

Attached: 1524446877706.png (538x442, 138K)

kek

tell me your backlog right now
i have the opposite problem

Attached: 1523294357839.jpg (500x376, 92K)

>look it up
>Gurumin is free
Damn, I'd sign up just for that

Oi u cunt, u take that back rite now, don't make me sharpen me spoon

do we know sega doesn't keep ownership of localizations people make for them? like one of the danganronpa games was localized into chinese by SIE japan asia and kept its translation on PC because spike chunsoft keeps ownership of localizations of their games

Main ones are:
Ace Combat 7 (think I've made it to Mission 14 or 15, whichever one is after Cape Rainy Assault)
Trails FC
Nier Automata

irony is that I'm a fighting game player but even after the EVO announcement I still haven't gone back to UNIST yet since I want to finish off my plate

No they aren't

Chinese people actually buy stuff? I thought they pirated like crazy

Was this because of the whole Winnie the pooh shit?

i went back to unist recently because of the announcement
i love the mechanics in general, grd is super interesting and having a more footsie based anime fighter is cool

Big if true

They are. Big companies such as Kadokawa/FROM are already letting CubeJoy localize, publish and distribute games like Sekiro on it.

>Kiryu quits the literal second he becomes the chairman without even bothering to fix any of the major problems he has with the clan that he knows he can fix
>He decides to make some dipshit he doesn't even know the new chairman just so there can be a wacky plot twist in the next game
>MFW people say Yakuza 2's story is good
Even Majima would've made a better chairman than that fat fucking dweeb and this was before Majima was retconned into being sane.

Attached: 1546764277089.jpg (639x358, 50K)

That's great user. I've done what I can to support the game since its PC release. I'm glad it's finally getting the recognition it deserves. GRD and CS are amazing mechanics by sheer virtue of how it's something you can choose to pursue and contest over free comeback mechanics.

>tfw the background pictures of that sad "Dame Dame!" song all feature Pocket Circuit fighter instead of Nishiki/Sunflower/Kazama now

Attached: 34826646_242710893159542_4625558805743140864_n.jpg (480x480, 30K)

Now where's my GOG release

>tfw PCfag
>completly fell in love with the series with 0 (instantly became one of my favorite games of all time)
>just finished Kiwami, loved it despite being rough around the edges
>torn between really wanting Kiwami 2 to be released asap and not wanting to spoil the experience by playing K1&K2 too close together

Attached: 1550251083238.gif (360x210, 3.62M)

They do pirate a lot, but because of the sheer NUMBER of them they also buy a truckload of shit. Like half of MHW 3million sales were from China

>same exact situation
>tried kiwami 2 demo on ps4
>the framerate is puke-inducing

Attached: 1521394720050.gif (440x247, 621K)

I hate Chinese more than Japan hates other asian races

Yeah, I really hope they´ll port the rest of the series eventually. The amount of effort and updates that went into the current games makes me hopeful though. I really don´t want to go from 144fps to sub-30.

Cubejoy's Sekiro page redirects to Steam m8.

Attached: file.png (1690x928, 1.9M)

Kiwami 2 is so much better than kiwami 1. It only takes a while to get used to the frame rate.

>It only takes a while to get used to the frame rate.
user

he's right though, it's not that hard.

It took me 5 hours or so. The story is worth it, getting to manage a cabaret club again is double worth it.
Everything not knocking you the fuck out and being able to escape grabs again makes it triple worth it.

Like I said, It´s not like I´m in a rush to play it after just finishing Kiwami 1. I´ve got tons of games I want to play and I basically played nothing but Kiwami since it came out. I still want to do a few games with the Haruka-handhold adventure mode, but after that, I´m done. I don´t want to get tired of the series by playing 2 games back to back.
I will instantly pre-order Kiwami 2 once it´s available however

That's great news. PC gaming would be a lot healthier if every game had its non-Steamworks DRM removed after a few months.

Not sure exactly how it works in this case but they do have their own client that you need to download in order to play Sekiro if you're in an Asian country that isn't Japan.
Point is Cube Game have both their own digital distribution store like Steam and are now localizing and publishing games in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and SEA.
Given time they definitely will siphon most of the Chinks from Steam.