All of his weapons are direct downgrade from stock

>All of his weapons are direct downgrade from stock
>All of his knives nerf his HP
>All of his guns nerf his damage
>He has no reliable way of dealing damage in a 1v1 situation and will die 90% of the time
>His hitboxes are beyond fucked and his backstabs dont register half the time due to lag comp
>His direct counter class can remove his sappers because ????
>Hes useless on every gamemode and is countered by people shaking their mouse around like spastics
>He hasn't gotten a new unique weapon since 2012
Why does the TF Team hate the Spy so much? Like literally all they do is add weapons that are either useless for him, or counter him.

Attached: spy.png (330x610, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QUXj0U0Ew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

git gud

Because Spy mains are the worst people on the planet.

Attached: 1529072912800.png (1007x838, 502K)

>If you want to be useful as spy and can aim you're better off just walking around uncloaked undisguised with ambassador shooting people in the head
What were they thinking?

Attached: 1551671599857.jpg (567x567, 69K)

Spy's hitboxes will never be fixed, this is a fact of life that we need to live with.

Attached: scouthitbox.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

You've been told before, dumbass.

What the FUCK were they thinking, giving the Pyro, a class who directly counters Spy, a tool where he can destroy his sappers. Like what the fuck?
The entire point is that only engineers can destroy sappers, so if the engineers dead the spy gets free reign for helping his team. But thats no longer the case, now the Spy gets punished if he doesnt kill the engineer AND his direct counter.

Same thing they were thinking when they gave spy the Dead Ringer and Spycicle, I'd wager.

Spy has a get out of jail free card at the cost of his knife and available cloak. He doesn't, extinguish the flames, and also teleport behind the pyro for a free backstab. Hes effectively useless for 30 seconds and can be relit or bumped into if you give chase

>bitching about spy
You can just do cl_interp 5 in console and you're instantly stabby-tier godlike.

Dead Ringer might as well be stock at this point.

I've rarely encountered a spy equipped with anything else.

>having to gimp your lag compensation for the class to be good
This is proof that the class right now is fundamentally flawed. Fuck the heavy update, give me a Spy update

You have one of the most powerful close range hitscan weapons in the game. Shoot 6 of the nine classes three times and theyre fucked. I've had better luck just shooting people rather than trying the backstab since you have the advantage of range and its easier to escape. Medics dont know what to fucking do when they cant rely on their critsaw and their pocket only has two seconds to kill you before your third shot lands the kill.

Tf2 balance dosen't matter.
Leaving Spy as a useless troll class is perfectly fine.
The compfags will run Demo, Soldier x2, Scout x2, Medic regardless.
Spy is interesting as a challenge

He can't actually be relit considering both of those items give afterburn immunity on activation. Dead Ringer also gives a huge speed bonus and Spy is already faster on his feet than Pyro.
Also, the recharge time is only 15 seconds for Spycicle (assuming no ammo pickups) and only 20 seconds for Dead Ringer.

>getting "good" at Spy boils down to exploiting hitboxes by getting sidestab kills where it doesn't matter that the enemy is literally facing him

Attached: 1533953310300.jpg (916x916, 200K)

Spy is the worst class in this game, everyone is capable of doing something unique.
Scout has double jump and can go fast
Demoman can trap an objective with sticky's and sticky jump
Soldier can rocket jump around
Sniper can deal with targets from a long range
Medic can heal people
Engineer can build teleporters, sentries, ect.
Heavy can tank a lot of shit
Pyro can deal with multiple enemies at once
Spy can.... turn invisible and be able to not hit anyone? He can also disguise and do... something, OH but he can sap sentries... but only if the engineer is dead and the pyro doesn't have the homewrecker.

The problem with the spy is that it was a very novel and interesting idea but after fucking 11 years people knows how he works

You're not supposed take 1v1s you goober. You stab them while they're distracted by your team and use your gun to finish off people with low health who are running away.
If you're gonna complain about the class you should at least know its role.

Spy needs some way to counter pyro's and heavys who literally just turn in a circle slowly, or people who know they can spy check without consequence. Only way to do this, is to turn on friendly fire, but since TF is such a cluster fucky game, turning on friendly fire would lead to more frustration then fix things. Right now atleast, spy is too far gone to fix without changing the way the game plays. Best they can do is update the hitboxes to be cylindrical like cs:go did which helped with server detection and accuracy

>he wants spy to be able to backstab/shoot people while invisible
Yeah, that'd be really fair.
>He can also disguise and do... something
By something, do you mean fool the enemy? That's kind of the point of disguising. Disguises aren't supposed to keep him completely concealed, only just enough for the enemy to temporarily lower their guard for that backstab.
>only if the engineer is dead and the pyro doesn't have a homewrecker.
You DO realize Spy has a gun too, right? He can shoot the sapped buildings to destroy them more quickly, even when the engie is alive. Sappers are also great for baiting engineers because you can sap them, jump on top of the sentries and trickstab them before finishing the job.

>Stab them while they're distracted by your team
Yeah, great idea. Lemme just hop into a pyro fuckfest and die instantly because backstabs are broken and the moment they take damage, they'll do a 360 and kill me. If they don't most likely a random roaming scout will just 1 shot me since all my knives give me random gimmick stats that severely effect my gameplay

I literally never said any of that you fucking ponce. I said the only unique traits about spy are the same traits that make him fucking useless compared to every other class.
Disguises don't fool anyone because you can literally just shoot whoever you want and see if they are a spy, nobody except mentally deficient people get fooled by that.
>You DO realize spy has a gun too, right?
Ah yes, the guns that ALL do shit tier damage except for the stock, and by the time I start shooting, guess what? I'm fucking dead because the engineers team just fucked me six ways to sunday.

[dies in spy]

Attached: speh.png (814x970, 368K)

Post yfw you aren't a spy main

Attached: 1545405178597.jpg (304x374, 21K)

Spy should be able to win 1v1's though, if a medic is running at me. I should be able to shoot him dead very easily. But the only gun I can do that with is the amby. Spy needs to have a secondary escape route incase his disguise or cloak doesn't work and the enemy decides to be frisky and chase him. Theres no punishment for a random medic or scout chasing after a Spy because the Spy can't defend himself at all.

Spy is for scrubs anyway, play a real class like the 8 other ones that aren't a french fag in a tuxedo that's too pussy to fight people directly

Attached: 1550037496806.png (1080x1331, 938K)

>Disguises don't fool anyone
They work for me. Have you tried making sure that you have your medibeam out with the medic disguise? A little acting can help you out a lot.
>the guns that ALL do shit tier damage
The guns serve a different function besides damage. The Letranger gives you more cloak on every hit and the Ambassador gives you crits on headshots, getting rid of razorback snipers. Also, do you not have the fucking Diamondback? That gun gives you free crits on demand for doing your job as a Spy. I assume you didn't mention that because you suck ass at Spy and can't get enough backstabs to get free crits whenever you want.

Have you SEEN Powerjack? Hardly any pyros use Homewrecker because that exists.

>A gun that relies on you getting headshots with no zoom on very small heads
>A gun that gives you free crits ONLY if you can get a backstab first
You wanna know what these 2 guns have in common? The -15% damage penalty that makes it so you have to play by the guns stupid gimmick before you can use it properly.

Everything Spy can do Sniper does better.

Sniper can do anything better then Spy

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QUXj0U0Ew

hes right you know

If you can aim well, then you can do damage with the Ambassador in 1 on 1 encounters. If you already do the things a Spy is supposed to do, then you get free crits with the Diamondback and you don't even have to shoot their body. You just suck at Spy and will never experience the joy of punishing someone who thinks you're defenseless. Go back to playing Soldier.

Attached: 1551897973057.jpg (558x524, 123K)

don't even have to shoot at their head, I meant to say.

>sniper

I like TF2 threads they are comfy and better then the one on /vg/

What is wrong with the people in tf2 general

they are all fucking retarded who can't carry a conversation without spouting some weird injoke or complaining.