What is it about Oblivion that made it so... charming, welcoming, comforting?

What is it about Oblivion that made it so... charming, welcoming, comforting?

Was it the soft lighting? The way they implemented humor and bombastic dialogue to each character you interact? The distinct lack of racism compared to Morrowind and Skyrim?

Attached: file.png (1280x668, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpJEg6MTPzc
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/OWuJ7bmvZT57pDiLQB1chQ/
virtualpiano.net/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552330806358.webm
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Provinces_of_Tamriel
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9877/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87651
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44818
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2876
demwaifus.blogspot.com/2015/10/oblivion-modding-guide.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_MlswygETRs
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Heartland_of_Cyrodiil
youtube.com/watch?v=pPWVfCtnGyg
imperial-library.info/content/subtropical-cyrodiil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's the soft lighting, the european aesthetic even if it's not accurate, and the music. If I had to choose out of all TES games to just walk around in it would be Oblivion. Also Ayelid ruins>Draugr crypts

Mods.

I think it's you being underage.

Oblivion focused on towns, whereas Skyrim focused on the wilds. I do agree that Oblivion is the comfiest game ever.

this. it's pure nostalgia and op is a fag if he thinks oblivion's atmosphere stands up to skyrim's in any regard.

Would've preferred if Cyrodiil was still a jungle. Well, not entirely a jungle, it should be a jungle in the Heartland and Nibenay, but the jungle gets swampier the more south you venture.

Gold Coast Colovia would be akin to a Mediterranean countryside while Chorrol and Skingrad would look like a Germanic-Slavic countryside.

The weather effects... The greenery, the exploration and mushroom picking. The music and general comfiness of it all. That was a great game to smoke a bowl to. Suddenly the real world didn't matter so much.

You were 8 when it came out. Oblivion is trash.

>TFW I find a book in the Mage's guild library that says Cyrodiil is full of jungle

Attached: 1534144348192.jpg (851x666, 57K)

>nostalgia
>underage

Pick one.

It's very bright and colourful compared at least to Morrowind and Skyrim. It has more of a magical and dreamy sort of feel to it.

Plus you have the hilariously retarded NPC interactions which will never get old.

underage means under 30 more to some people. like if you were underage when i first started posting you are still underaged i guess.

The book the jungle line comes from doesn't appear in the game.

I first got oblivion in like 06 when my sister was going through life threatening surgery and its always stuck with me because of what i was going through at the time.The music really stuck with me too

Anvil is great but what is best town and why is it Bruma?

Attached: anvil.jpg (1652x929, 110K)

I wish there was a mod to completely replace the models of NPCs, they look so fucking bad and it's the one thing making me not want to replay it.

There is a mod to do that.

Oblivion dungeons were trash.

Yes it does. I was literally in the imperial city mage guild and read the book. And this is on Xbone version.

It tried to be a vidya RPG, not replicate reality

I always liked Bravil because of the wooden buildings and the bridges, very comfy

The score coupled with those early lighting effects.

youtube.com/watch?v=XpJEg6MTPzc

Attached: 1542633538107.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

This.

Attached: Oblivion.png (1024x2304, 3.41M)

Bethesda really are amazing at world-building.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/OWuJ7bmvZT57pDiLQB1chQ/

i will honestly never understand how people can be this pathetic

>129 times
Wow, they really have no life.

Look, dude, just fuck off.
No one here asked for you fucking trash opinion.

he's posted it more than that, the archive doesn't show it all

The music helped a lot too.

Go to virtualpiano.net/ and type:

x v C x
z k x
x n x

The level scaling is definitely gay.
However, it's enjoyable to use the in-game mechanics and glitches to cheese.

No, it doesn't. In fact there has NEVER been a book in ANY TES game that refers to Cyrodiil as being jungle. The sole source for this "fact" is physical swag from collector's editions of some games. It's never actually appeared in any game except via modding. Sorry, user, you are either mistaken or simply lying.

"Bruma"...?
That's a weird way of spelling Cheydinhal

>In fact there has NEVER been a book in ANY TES game that refers to Cyrodiil as being jungle.
Morrowind

>muh safe space
Get better taste, zoomer. Oblivion hallway dungeons were just as liner as Skyrim's and the enemies were nearly as repetetive.
"Oh look, another, goblin, rat, zombie, bandit".
Only the traps were better done, but the physics based one would sometimes ruin themselves negating that point. Atmosphere was better because Skyrim is lit up like a Christmas tree, but Oblivion is still too bright, making the torch unfortunately worthless.
tl;dr better than Skyrim doesn't mean good. It's a pathetically low bar to clear.

Nope.

>Oblivion hallway dungeons were just as liner as Skyrim's and the enemies were nearly as repetetive.
Empirically wrong.

Attached: Elder Scrolls Dungeon Design Evolution.jpg (875x2423, 152K)

>zoomer
Opinion discarded.

I find it odd that the count of Bravil is the only count that you can kill.
Something I used to do is collect all companions, start at the entrance of Bravil and massacre my way in the castle to slay the count.

You scares of the truth, faggot?
Leave this place, before I punch you back to next week!

Ironically the controversial change from jungle to European fantasy countryside helped this game be a lot more memorable than it would've been, we've already seen Bethesda has good concepts but can't help but fuck them up in execution. Oblivion as a jungle would've looked like ass but instead we got the first big "generic" fantasy game with just enough flavor to keep it interesting, the jungle would've made it niche like Morrowind whereas the universal setting made it approachable and "refreshing".

Attached: 1537009465700.jpg (1800x1800, 947K)

I dunno, i just can get into any TES game anymore. I loved Oblivion as a kid but now the combat just feels so confusing, clunky and unsatisfactory. I started playing Skyrim not too long ago and absolutely abhorred the combat.

Attached: f3152347b1aa4aa23bfed38aca14d9a3.jpg (341x248, 22K)

>hurr durr this cherry-picked bullshit proves you are wrong somehow

There's a mod for that, you know. It's largely a tree/foliage replacer so you get some floating bits here and there. The textures they used for up near Bruma aren't the best and makes the rocks look pretty bad.

This screen was taken next to Aleswell.

Attached: ScreenShot2.jpg (1920x1080, 629K)

the caves got very repetitive but i always enjoy coming across a new ayleid ruin. the vast majority of them are over before they get tedious, unlike the winding never ending cave systems.

No shit you don't like it now you faggot, you are acting like its a game that just came out when it came out many years ago. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim were all fun and fresh when they came out. I'm guessing you're underage.

Pleb spotted.

Attached: YYZ Drum Solo.webm (1122x648, 572K)

you are probably trolling but why dont you show an example
of oblivions linear maps

>FULLY

before morrowind came out i came up with builds that accommodated jungles. my builds are fucking useless now; FUCK YOU!

It’s the music.

Did you even look at your image? The Oblivion dungeon has a few instances of an offshoot path that either backtracks to the main path or takes a long way back ahead on the main path. Morrowind does something similar, but at least it has more separated rooms with locked doors, traps, tough enemies and verticality. They actually tried.
Trust me, I know you can't refute a single thing I said.

>I will never know if the feelings I felt playing Oblivion for the first time as a kid are inherent to the game or just my young ass being impressed by anything
>I will potentially never relive the same feelings of wonder and excitement and exploration, either because of my aging or because no one else will make something like it again

No other Bethesda or open world games came close to it, Morrowind was good as an RPG, New Vegas is in my top ten games ever, Fallout 3 was kinda atmospheric but overall bad, and Skyrim was just bad outright in every aspect, and none of them came close to what Oblivion made me feel.

Attached: 1551530459768.webm (1484x1080, 2.85M)

here's a 3d layout of a daggerfall dungeon for comparison

Attached: 1525885168-325.png (1946x838, 1.53M)

and they call it a mine

Haha how old are you, angry little child? So mad over video games. I bet you look cute when you're angry.

>skyrim was just bad outright
Some people are just meant to be retarded I guess..

But at least they got jobs at Bethesda.

>you can't refute a single thing I said.
I don't care to. I just replied because of your shit attitude and silly buzzwords. Bang on that keyboard some more, champ!

>Oblivion... the combat just feels so confusing, clunky and unsatisfactory
What are you talking about? You a retard, or something?
Oblivion's combat is the most in-depth combat system of all Elder Scroll games.

Combat has 4 features: standard attacks, heavy attacks, blocks, and dodge.
Block standard attacks (follow up with a heavy attack), dodge heavy attacks (and follow up with an stand attack).

There's also features called: the "whirlwind attack" and feinting.
To perform a whirlwind attack: block the enemy's standard attack and (spamming standard attacks) circle them, stay at their backs.
Feinting is to lure enemies into performing a standard attack. The A.I. (from what I found) use heavy attacks when you're actively blocking. Feinting is when you tap the block button just at the right time, and perform a whirlwind attack. Or if the enemy performs a heavy attack, dodge (just by simply stepping out the way) and strike with a heavy attack of your own.

As you can see: Oblivion's combat is very indepth.

It had all the bad aspects of Oblivion with none of the good ones
>meh music apart from the main theme rearrangement
>cold uninviting setting
>soulless UI and details
>uninspiring aesthetic
>jank was outdated by F3 in 2008
>novelty of open world wore off

>>novelty of open world wore off

Who are you people that think open world was invented last gen? Open world games have been around since the fucking 80s.

>Jeremy Soule not involved with TES VI yet
I hope to god this means they just haven't gotten to that point yet, the music is what salvaged Oblivion

Attached: 486468.jpg (500x540, 20K)

oblivion is way better than shitrim and anyone who disagrees is a retarded faggot who can suck on the thick tip of my dick

Attached: jewishguydabs.jpg (498x507, 23K)

Maybe he's talking about himself.
Bethesda's open world have a problem with scale. Everything just feels so small.

Feels like you're in a kiddies pool, just jerking off.

>because of your shit attitude
>t. the faggot who sperged out at a random post because they dared post an opinion that triggered you
Fuck off, child. Just stop posting since you obviously can't handle it, nor do you have arguments anyways.

Open world kept being improved on greatly up until the mid-2000s keeping the novelty fresh, and then diminishing returns hit. Skyrim was identical to Oblivion from a technical standpoint, and they didn't do anything to make up for it, like e.g. GTA V which felt the same or even smaller in scope than San Andreas, but made up for it by trying to make the scale look more impressive, detailed, and life-like than ever.

Attached: vGeT5ge.jpg (1280x1447, 394K)

>What is it about Oblivion that made it so... charming, welcoming, comforting?

And without immersion. I wish it were Morrowind.

What are some of the best mods?

Attached: skyrim npc rape censored image.jpg (1600x2200, 1.33M)

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1552330806358.webm

Anyone have a good updated modding guide?

Saying open world is a novelty is as retarded as saying linear corridors is a novelty. Game design does not dictate worlds are linear corridors by default and you can do that as lazily as you want but any deviation from this design is novelty by definition and you better have improved the formula from previous games. Open world is not an unusual game design philosophy. It's not a fresh one. It's not just a novelty.

>oblivion was better because it appealed to a wider audience
Dumb faggot, how can you even say how good or bad a jungle world would've been. You have absolutely no basis upon which you could even make that prediction.

Everyone was impressed by Morrowind's open world, everyone was impressed by Oblivion's open world, by the time Skyrim came out it was nothing special, today even less so.

You've confused "everyone" with "me in hindsight". Many people make this mistake because they don't understand the difference between their opinion and consensus.

The generic world was easier to realize given the technology and Bethesda's incompetence, they set their ambitions lower and hit the mark fully, instead of setting them sky high and never fulfilling them. The generic world also contributed to the feeling of familiarity and comfort, as a jungle would've been a strange, exotic, hostile land like Morrowind was. I don't know about you but I could rarely feel "at ease" in Morrowind, not saying that's a bad thing but it's not as comfy and doesn't feel like home.

No, we objectively hit diminishing returns in the mid-2000s and that's very clearly reflected in gaming press and discussion

Attached: 76hAZSQ.jpg (784x1024, 188K)

You just post it.

Just download Mod Organizers, download mods you want, install them with MO, used LOOT, and play. It's that easy.

What are you talking about? Far Cry is a major mainstream franchise built on jungles that predates Oblivion. They are not technically more difficult than a deciduous forest. Nobody thinks jungles are strange magic lands and nobody is scared about alienating people with the use of jungles. They said they made it look like the LOTR movies, i.e. New Zealand, because that's what the devs were into at the time. They make Skyrim look like GoT because that's the thing the devs were into at that time. That's all there is to it.

If it helps put you at ease you’re more than likely correct that they haven’t gotten to it yet. Music is usually created after the composer has a look at the game and creates pieces to match.

>It's very bright and colourful compared at least to Morrowind and Skyrim. It has more of a magical and dreamy sort of feel to it.
This. It feels kind of like a noblebright fairy tale world.

Try Oblivion Character Overhaul.

I don't think you ever modded oblivion, it's not as easy as morrowind and skyrim. A lot of mods are a pain in the ass to install, and wrye bash is pretty much a necessity.

A MINE

>They are not technically more difficult than a deciduous forest.
They are if you want them to look good, they're defined by dense vegetation which takes more resources to render

>Nobody thinks jungles are strange magic lands and nobody is scared about alienating people with the use of jungles. They said they made it look like the LOTR movies, i.e. New Zealand, because that's what the devs were into at the time. They make Skyrim look like GoT because that's the thing the devs were into at that time. That's all there is to it.
I'm not saying they switched from jungle to forest in order to be more comfy, I said the switch had that effect unintentionally. And jungles are inherently less inviting than tame European countrysides, both in media and in real life, as most people can't identify with feeling at home in a jungle

>skyrim
>atmosphere
yeah buddy, i just fucking love that big white and grey mountain aesthetic, truly great atmosphere

Hortator

Attached: 92d833857cd65b60cf617de615101a4cd361f08e_00.jpg (512x512, 50K)

Not him, but while modding Oblivion is a little bit harder than modding Skyrim, it's not that bad. A lot of mods just require OBMM to install properly. You can also use Mod Organizer for profiles and stuff, if you set it up to run OBMM through MO like you would for TES5Edit with Skyrim.

they look much better with that mod but still pretty shit desu

>underage means under 30
What

>they're defined by dense vegetation

As opposed to a forest? Oblivion was actually pretty good with flora density. Better than Skyrim at least.

Attached: Untitled.png (760x411, 826K)

It's not hard to install a small amount of mods correctly, but a lot of the most complicated mods have very specific instructions and compatibility issues. If you're going to download a bunch of mods and just install them through mod organizer you're going to have a bad time

High iq millenials: daggerfall
High iq zoomer: Morrowind
Console pleb millenial: Skyrim
Console pleb zoomer: TESO
Prove me wrong

Attached: 0e0058099ecf94771d2bc89cb8127dd1.jpg (800x900, 123K)

Pseudo-intellectual snobs with shit taste: Daggerfall
Pseudo-intellectual snobs with acceptable taste: Morrowind
Non-pseudo-intellectaul snobs with acceptable taste: Oblivion & Skyrim & TESO

Wrongness proved.

I'm late but you're wrong. This book appears in Oblivion.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil

"Cyrodiil is the throne from which they will decide their destiny. It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle. Its center, the grassland of the Nibenay Valley, is enclosed by an equatorial rain forest and broken up by rivers. As one travels south along these rivers, the more subtropical it becomes, until finally the land gives way to the swamps of Argonia and the placid waters of the Topal Bay."

Brainlet post.

Attached: Skyrim.jpg (3840x1800, 1.9M)

Unlucky for you I'm still here. The Pocket Guide to the Empire does not appear in any game. It's only provided as physical swag in collector's editions. There are mods that add the book to Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and the reason there are mods to add the book is because IT'S NOT IN THE GAME.

Everything is kinda going okay in Cyrodil during Oblivion all things considered and compared to other elder scrolls games
Morrowind is a perpetually shithole place
Skyrim is a rugged and hard place
These have their merits but Cyrodil during Oblivion most feels like a place where you wouldn’t mind actually settling down and living a life of only mild adventure, and that’s comfy

I like all of them
Check-mate atheist

I swear to God I'm not making this up. I read about the jungles of cyrodiil in a book in the mages guild. Playing on XBONE so no mods. I'll return with evidence as soon as I find it

FOUND IT!

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Provinces_of_Tamriel

"Cyrodiil is the cradle of Human Imperial high culture on Tamriel. It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle. The Imperial City is in the heartland, the fertile Nibenay Valley. The densely populated central valley is surrounded by wild rain forests drained by great rivers into the swamps of Argonia and Topal Bay."

This.

You won't find evidence because you never did it. Here's a link to a mod that adds the book to Oblivion.
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9877/
Here's a link to a mod that adds it to Skyrim.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87651
And here's a link to a mod that adds it to Morrowind.
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44818

The book isn't even really considered to be canon. Not that "canon" means much in the TES universe.

I want to go back....

>tfw you will never open up a comfy local alchemy shop in Chorrol with your wife and have an idyllic carefree life, spending your days cuddling by a fireplace, tending a lazy store and helping out all your loving neighbors by selling cheap health potions, and wart removal solutions, taking the occasional adventurous stroll in the countryside to pick up mushrooms while your qt Breton/Dunmer wife keeps a watchful eye with a healing spell at the ready should you need it
Why even live bros?

>The densely populated central valley is surrounded by wild rain forests drained by great rivers into the swamps of Argonia and Topal Bay

That's in Oblivion.

See this post, It was a different book but almost word-for-word to what was in Pocket Guide

However the endless jungle is not.

This is based. Such a nostalgia hit, thank you user.

>No interplay between guilds in Morrowind

Didn't Morrowind have exclusivity? E.g., the thieves guild would get you kicked out of the fighters guild, or Telvanni would keep you out of mages?

Well, I don't think "endless" was to be taken literally. Roughly 70%-80% of Cyrodiil in Oblivion is dense forest of some sort ranging from deciduous forest in the north and west to rain forest for most of the center and east to mangrove forest in the south. The parts that aren't forest are either consistent with the pocket guide to the empire, e.g. the jerall mountain range, or have never been described well before, e.g. the west coast. In fact, apart from the interpretation of the word "jungle", Oblivion is actually mostly consistent with the largely non-canon book anyway. I think a major problem here is when people hear "jungle" what pops to mind is a very specific type tropical jungle.

>largely non-canon
It's canon that Cyrodiil used to be a jungle but Talos changed it. It's even referenced in Skyrim

>I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land that is mine
>I do this for you, red legions, for I love you

>atmosphere means it has to be varied and colorful

lowest IQ post I've read all day

Depends on what order and how you do the quests. You can become leader of both if done right.

>this. it's pure nostalgia and op is a fag if he thinks oblivion's atmosphere stands up to skyrim's in any regard.

I was only into rts and town building games when Oblivion was released. Skyrim was my first Elder Scrolls game and then I played Oblivion afterwards. Oblivion did many things better than Skyrim.

In Oblivion the local populace say the Imperials just manually cleared most of the forest from the valley the old fashioned way. Some Talos cultist 400 years later claiming that Talos used CHIM to get rid of the jungle is not proof that Talos used CHIM to get rid of the jungle. It's kind of a major thing in TES games that almost everyone knows fuck all and talks a lot of shit and that includes the stuff in books.

>tfw Oblivion is 13 years old and you played it on release

Attached: nido.org_1533938294975.jpg (1565x1955, 826K)

Oh I agree Heimskr knows nothing about CHIM, he is just reciting mythology that talks about Talos nurturing Cyrodiil but it indirectly refers to changing the landscape with CHIM

Nothing.
Oblivion was the least atmospheric and most unimmersive game in the franchise, and arguably least atmospheric open-world RPG I've ever played.
Even Skyrim, as crap as it was, was a massive fucking step forward compared to Oblivion. The world felt so incredibly fake, it was so poorly designed, lacked attention to detail, good art direction, sensible scale, and completely failed to take advantage of all of the tools an RPG can use to draw the player in. Every time you got closer to characters, every time someone opened their mouths, every time you actually took a second look at the architecture, assets, maps etc... it immediately fell apart. Even fucking Fallout 3 managed to maintain some degree of immersion for some 10 hours. In Oblivion, it falls apart the second you leave the fucking sewers.

The music, and the forests were nice. You know, whenever you did not get close to ANYTHING that was supposed to be man-made or man-related, it was bearble. Except that really was only those few brief moments when you were gathering flowers and mushrooms and no building, character, or monster was anywhere in sight.

Yes and no. There is nothing in the code keeping you from joining and completing whatever guild you want, however in certain guilds there are quest that will make completing quests in other guilds hard(often killing a high level guild member for another faction). Though to get past it you mainly just have to do that characters quests first if it's even mandatory to do in the first place. Other than that you just have to not get caught.

The only thing you can't do in one save to my knowledge is to join more than one house, though even then you can join two houses with a bit of an exploit.

As much as I love Oblivion, Skyrim by far outshines it in overall atmosphere and world building, HOWEVER, Oblivion has a very sweet sort of "Renaissance fair" feeling to it that the other more gritty TES games dosn't have(well not counting Daggerfall I suppose). It has a certain type of nostalgic feeling to it that the others lack I feel.

But the point is Talos didn't clear the landscape with CHIM because you talk to the people that actually cleared the landscape in Oblivion and they say "We cut down the trees with axes." This is what I like about TES and what lorefags never seem to grasp. Almost all the mythology in the game is 90% bullshit and that's by design.

The fact that you were 12 when it was released

You do? I must have missed that while playing myself. Neat.

Mustic, lighting, NPC chatter, UI design, and the sound design(like the leaves in the wind).

I'm an expert.

Attached: rainymood.webm (960x540, 285K)

it's called being a naive child that never experienced an open world game before

People had been living there for centuries and you think the had only just recently cut down all the trees just before the events of the game? Doesn't make sense to me

>We cut down the trees with axes
But that's bullshit, they say the land around the city is cleared for agriculture, while in reality it's all trees and not a single rice field.

How doomed is TES 6?

doomed as hell

Oblivion is probably the closest match we have for a realtime 3D game that looks like 90's renders. Also the generic look and feel is not necessarily a bad thing; it evokes the quintessential fantasy look. Forests, castles, knights, crypts, caves. An honest effort was made to make the prime open world fantasy sandbox. The looks of Morrowind & Skyrim are too specific

Attached: gate-1.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

If FO4 and FO76 are any indication? Completely. Paid mods are a certainty regardless.

Oblivion is still pretty unique, I really want a high rock game for a proper knights & chivalry type TES setting.

Moving around was 1:1 pretty much unless you were fucking around on slopes. The momentum shit in skyrim is sluggish and feels fucking awful. I noticed this also going from New Vegas to Fallout 4; it was a lot funner to explore when i had complete control of my movement and position.

Attached: eyes.png (416x189, 89K)

Probably gonna be on the same level as F4. I think even Bethesda is starting to realize there's value in making somewhat enjoyable games, so I don't think they will casualize it even further than 4, most likely it will just be Skyrim 2: Now With Fallout 4's Wonky Building Mechanics.
However, judging by F76 being a massive failure, they are probably gonna double down on having more god awful cinematic NPC interaction shit and endless dialog garbage that makes every quest incredible fucking tedious, and animation garbage that will make the game feel sluggish and gross to play though.

Basically they are gonna try to make Skyrim play more like Witcher 3, and not in a good way.

fuck i really hate the sprinting shit in skyrim, constantly havin to hold it down and wait for stamina to regen is so tedious

oblivion and morrowind did it perfectly, you actually get faster as you become more skilled.

> defending shitrim
please stop this Oblivion was a charming but shit game that I enjoyed as a teenager. I can't fucking stand to play Skyrim's aboslutely mentally retarded evertyhing from the terrible quests to stripping any RPG mechanic to the shitty uncomfy environment and atrocious towns Winterhold has THREE houses THREE fucking houses the "Jarl" gave me a quest to find a helmet or someshit and offered plenty of gold as a reward and I was like nigga how the fuck are you even gonna get the gold nigga you got like three fucking houses

Fuck the rice field bullshit but you are right that, in general, there's a severe lack of farms in Oblivion. I think most of what little farms there are in the game aren't even actually operating.

Honestly, the world is not very well designed in Oblivion. Even just simple shit like some of the roads are so steep combined with the flaky gravity in the game and it's possible for a player to die from "falling" down a path that should be walkable. Morrowind was better designed and Skyrim was a return to form in this regard.

It's especially bad in 4. Whoever though adding a fucking moment delay to a first person perspective deserves to be taken out the back and shot.

Though I don't mind it in Skyrim that much, just wish the animations weren't so god damn flaily and the combat as less rigid when swinging a weapon and shit.

>I think most of what little farms there are in the game aren't even actually operating.
what?

I'm replaying Morrowind right now, going to do Oblivion next. In terms of mods I've stayed pretty close to vanilla in MW but the level scaling bullshit in Oblivion means I'm willing to broaden that a little when it comes to playing it. What's the best mod for fixing it, without straying too far from the original game? I used to use OOO back in the day, is that still the go to?

Bretons are a mage race, though, so you'd have less knights and more sorcerers. Which is fine by me, because I always play a Breton mage.

I like Maskar's overhaul the best

That's where men are women

>Probably gonna be on the same level as F4. I think even Bethesda is starting to realize there's value in making somewhat enjoyable games, so I don't think they will casualize it even further than 4, most likely it will just be Skyrim 2: Now With Fallout 4's Wonky Building Mechanics.
Even FO4's level of casualization would be unacceptable.

>Whoever though adding a fucking moment delay to a first person perspective deserves to be taken out the back and shot.
Honestly it feels more like the game is bogged down by the ancient engine being saddled with so much shit on it, rather than intentional momentum like in GTA V which was actually good and added nice weight and impact to everything. I still prefer the less realistic "floaty" controls though.

Skyrim was also pretty retarded when it came to farms and stuff, but I can't really blame them since that's a problem with almost all RPG's, and hell, almost all fantasy movies.

Witcher 3 had farms that worked

Francescos and I believe Maskar's are about fixing the scaling rather than removing it. OOO is still the one a lot of people rush to recommend, but I think they're wrong to do so.

No Bethesda game ever has an actual well designed world. It's all surface-level. When you scrutinize for even a moment and think "well, how does this work?" There's almost never an answer

I was exaggerating. There's about a dozen farms in the game and, if I remember correctly, four or five are not in operation for various reasons, e.g. abandoned, owners dead, under attack, etc. There's several quests in the game about getting farms running properly again.

Does OOO add new creatures? Are there any overhauls that only modify numbers but otherwise leave the game practically "vanilla"?

>Underage
>13 years ago

Time keeps marching on.

based as fuckalso true

>It's all surface-level. When you scrutinize for even a moment and think "well, how does this work?" There's almost never an answer

You can say that about pretty much every game. No one has either the time or inclination to build a 100% workable world.

Witcher 1 for that matter is probably the best I've ever seen as well in a fantasy game.
Which is odd because Witcher 2 doubled down on the whole "silly fantasy city that would never work" thing most games fall into.

Not that I'm asking for realism, just you know, at least have some farms outside cities that aren't just a hovel with a small garden and have a couple of craftsmen and stuff outside the walls.

That wouldn't really be called an overhaul, would it? What exactly do you want to modify?

It's the music.
Same about Morrowind.
Mediocre but very open games with amazing musics.

>Are there any overhauls that only modify numbers but otherwise leave the game practically "vanilla"?
There's Adrenaline Oblivion. I never used it myself, though, so I can't speak for its quality, but it's pretty well-endorsed.

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2876

yeah but the only "city" in witcher 2 was a small swamp nigger settlement which I assume subsisted on fishing hunting and mushroom cultivation

Looking at some of the changes now and Maskar's sounds pretty cool, I'll give that a go. Thanks bros.

Attached: 20190311212651_1.jpg (2560x1440, 315K)

>No one has either the time or inclination to build a 100% workable world
>laughing dorfs.jpg

Holy fuck you got rekt faggot

>OOO is still the one a lot of people rush to recommend, but I think they're wrong to do so.

I agree. OOO is a clusterfuck of outdated inconsistency, poor design, general imbalance and bugs. It's good if all you care about is MORE CONTENT! I DON'T CARE HOW SHIT IT IS! but if you actually want to have a fun game to play stay the fuck away from it.

Oblivion and Arena are still the only mainline TES games that I can't find any enjoyment in. Oblivion is just so fucking boring.

>Witcher 2 doubled down on the whole "silly fantasy city that would never work" thing most games fall into.
how?

he probably means Vergen which is less of a city and more of a small mining town

Indoril areas in Tamriel Rebuilt are the comfiest in the entire TES series. Prove me wrong.

Attached: supahotfrog.jpg (1000x847, 107K)

based

Not really. In Witcher or assassin's Creed I can go and see peasants tilling the soil, harvesting fruit, drawing water from wells, spinning looms, making dyes, fishing, hunting, feeding animals, and so on. Of course it will never be foolproof but it makes a lot more sense than a "city" in a barren field that somehow survives off dirt or whatever

what mods are this? please share it looks great

the only thing that's changing colour is the sky you absolute fucking mong

You mean, what made it so uninspired, forgettable and tedious?

Ideally something that just redistributes existing enemies/creatures/loot across the world from the start instead of waiting for the character to level up to introduce them

Looks good, I'll check it out

Attached: TR3-place-Akamora.jpg (1440x1080, 623K)

enderal mod for skyrim is honestly a comfy sequel to oblivion if you pretend its an actual elder scrolls game

That and Markart- I mean Vergen.

By having more fantastical locations like a magical fairy tale swamp/forest and a city carved out of stone. Not that it was bad or anything, I loved Vergen and Flotsam, just a bit of a departure compared to Witcher 1 which was pretty damn realistic and mundane with it's villages and city structure. Though I suppose lot of it is also due to WItcher 2's more "artistic" artstyle. I prefer it to 1 and 3, since it had a really nice blend between being photorealistic while still being a bit stylized, unlike Witcher 3 which looked more like a German simulator.

And? In TES games you see people wake up in the morning, eat some food, go off to work, eat lunch, continue work, go to a pub after work, go home and sleep. On weekends they go to church. When they met people in the street they stop and talk to them. And so on. There's always going to be the slices of reality you recreate and the 99.9% of reality you ignore. Doesn't matter what game you are talking about.

>> defending shitrim
I'm not defending Shitstrim, as you put it. I'm just giving you perspective: Skyrim was crap. Oblivion just was even worse. You may have massive nostalgia goggles and be generally clueless, but I'm not. Skyrim was better than Oblivion in nearly every imaginable way (the only exception, and HIGHLY DUBIOUS ONE, was the matter of quests). It wasn't nearly good enough, but it was at least not as absolutely, straight up ATTROCIOUS as Oblivion was.

Oblivion is the weakest RPG (aside from 76) that Beth has ever put out. Fallowed closely by Fo3, but Oblivion is still worse. It's a travesty game. In fact it was so god damn broken, so fucking awful that Skyrim improved on much of it by CUTTING shit. And cutting shit generally makes things worse. You have to break something beyond repair to make cutting it the better option. Oblivion succeeded in that.

You know what considering that Skyrim's cities have a population of like 25 people they really could be fed by the farms there. How the fuck the thousands of bandits managed to get food is more interesting. The bandits could jsut team up and take over skyrim if they wanted

>Oblivion is the weakest RPG (aside from 76) that Beth has ever put out

Someone never played Arena. Even for it's day that was a shitty RPG.

Jeremy Soule
More like

SOUL

Also its cause the empire was unified through the oblivion crisis.

Proof the empire is necessary for a prosperous tamriel

For me, it's Horse Armor

>(the only exception, and HIGHLY DUBIOUS ONE, was the matter of quests).

convenient you forgot everything skyrim cut from oblivion

An empire long united, must divide; an empire long divided, must unite. This has been so since antiquity.

Not him but if you want your Oblivion to look some of the best its ever been look up Bevelix's mod list

>You know what considering that Skyrim's cities have a population of like 25 people

Skyrim's cities are a lot more populated than you think. Whiterun, for example, has about 80 people living there. Skyrim has something like a population of 1200. That's not an insignificant amount of NPCs and none of them are dynamically generated. If you want to start counting dynamically generated stuff the population gets closer to 10,000.

Attached: Bethesda Games.png (580x757, 332K)

The mechanics weren't outdated yet. By the time skyrim came out the minecraft combat was clearly shit and behind the times, and it's going to be absolutely sad by the time tes6 comes out. People are still going to buy it though.

Sometimes I think about downloading Skyrim to mod it and then I see something like this

>Excellent Tier
>Arena, Daggerfall
Why do people think they are cool for pretending to play and love old games that are fairly mediocre to kinda shit?

Issuess w skyrims atmosphere
>Certain texture palletes are too dark and need their blacklight lowered
>UI color is bad, practical aesthetic is fine, looting gets annoying the second time you open a menu
>Sound design is awful, like all of it needs a replacer thats less realistic-but-bad and especially combat sounds
>Music needs to turn up volume and combat music is bad, I hope to add oblivions and morrowinds music in combo and see how it works
Could I accomplish this?

Arena is fucking bad, there's no reason to pretend to like it for cool points.

daggerfall is pretty good but arena is dogshit.

>Arena
>Excellent tier

You have objectively shit taste. You are talking about a game released after Ultima Underworld. Even if you want to pull the "but open world" line you're competing against vastly superior stuff of the time like Realms of Arkania.

>Arena
Whoever made this list is a poser who hasn't actually played that mess.

Where do they get the food? Most of them don't work, they just stand around or sit. Witcher and Asscreed have people eating, standing at stalls, having conversations, and so on, but they put more effort into other tasks as well that make the world make more sense.

Daggerfall is maximum comfy and I'm very fond of it, but it's basically the TES version of No Man's Sky since it's incredibly lacking in content and everything is generated.

Kinda funny how people give Oblivion a lot of shit(rightfully mind you) for it's level scaling, loot randomization, bland artstyle, and lack of unique looking locations, and then turn around and praise Daggerfall like it's the best thing ever when it's 10 times worse in those areas.

based and redpilled

i knew it wasn't a waste of time to make this

Attached: questsinskyrim.jpg (1378x887, 276K)

I really dislike the green mournhold buildings. Too generic-fantasy, the color makes no sense and they clash with other Houses' styles. Maybe they're okay for the king's palace, but making them every commoner's house just made it so much worse.

Follow an NPC around in those games you call superior and the illusion fails pretty quickly. It's all smoke and mirrors, you are just prepared to buy the illusion in some games and condemn others for the same shit over petty crap.

to be fair the artstyle side of the skyrim armour is steel armour and the execution side is iron armour, the cuffed steel set does look like the artstyle side

It's a different focus, Witcher focus more on static NPC's that has no real interaction and are basically set dressing, looks good in passing, but makes no sense if you stick around, whereas TES's whole focus is that every NPC is a "unique" individual with their own schedule, name, stats, inventory dialog and so on. Not that they always succeed of course, but it's still their focus.

AssCreed has just random generated pedestrians like a GTA game that has no life what so ever and exist only in a single instance at a single particular time and will never be seen again, they are basically the raindrop version of NPC's.

Reality is just an illusion. Ask real people enough questions and realize that their minds are just smoke and meaningless axioms

Crash to Desktop simulator

Implying TES is any better ? Most NPC's walk around and follow the exact same routine and have like 1 or 2 lines of dialogue. Woweeeee

>AssCreed has just random generated pedestrians like a GTA game
Nah in the last 2 they're like Witcher NPC's in that they all have tasks/animations they perform instead of walking aimlessly

>1 or 2 lines of dialogue.
Oblivion NPVs have literally every line of dialogue available to em

go to virtualpiano.net/

type

s d D
D g h
h J g
hg D d s

Also, what you see in the game isn't meant to be a 1:1 representation of what's there "in real life".

Because there's only 8 voice actors

Go up to a random citizen, ask them about rumors, and they'll spew some line you've heard 20 times already

>The distinct lack of racism compared to Morrowind and Skyrim?
please leave resetera

They can still be raindrop NPC's if they have tasks. Pretty sure even GTA 3 had that to some degree. The point is more if you return to the same location 30 hours later, the random nameless NPC who is tilling the field will be the same NPC or if the algorithm will have replaced him with a new one from the pool. Which to my knowledge all Witcher dosn't do, at least not for most villagers and stuff. They are all copy-paste with no personality, but still unique instances that carry over from hour to hour.

Haven't played a AssCreed game past 4 so I can't comment on if they are in Origins or that new one though.

demwaifus.blogspot.com/2015/10/oblivion-modding-guide.html

don't listen to that other guy or your game will look bad, make your own list

I'm sorry but I remember when Skyrim came out, the idea of having this massive snowy map to explore, and the first time I entered Jorvaskr I literally reached maximum comfy.

then, well the game didnt age well

Attached: 1u8FWje.jpg (1920x1080, 1.18M)

>Kinda funny how people give Oblivion a lot of shit(rightfully mind you) for it's level scaling, loot randomization, bland artstyle, and lack of unique looking locations, and then turn around and praise Daggerfall like it's the best thing ever when it's 10 times worse in those areas.
That never made sense to me either. I don't have a problem with the art style because I like generic fantasy, but I definitely agree with that stuff about randomization and scaling. People get on Todd's case for the "infinite" quests of Skyrim and Fallout 4, then go on to praise Daggerfall, which did the exact same shit.

Well that can easily be handwaved by a slightly different peasant is working the fields when you come back, or he changed clothes, or whatever.

Regardless, this conversation originated talking about the believability of the world, not the NPC's, and my point is simply I believe the world more when I see people in it doing tasks that make sense, rather than things just existing erroneously. Where does everyone in Skyrim get their clothes? Shit like that.

Game has no quests or abstract variety in the world, only on your character in the form of perks which are only good w mods

>want to have fun game
>stay away from OOO
I dont get it. What does OOO do that upsets you so much?

>It's a different focus, Witcher focus more on static NPC's that has no real interaction and are basically set dressing, looks good in passing, but makes no sense if you stick around, whereas TES's whole focus is that every NPC is a "unique" individual with their own schedule, name, stats, inventory dialog and so on. Not that they always succeed of course, but it's still their focus.
The ideal solution, of course, would be a mixture of both - lots of filler NPCs to make the world seem more lived-in, plus a smaller number of named NPCs that have quests, dialogue, etc. I don't know how you'd make it apparent which was which, though.

>Where does everyone in Skyrim get their clothes
They go to the clothes store in solitude, duh!

Focusing too much on realism takes away from epic fantasy vibe. It leads to stuff like wyvern Smaug.

All the general stores usually have some clothes for sale as well.

But who made the clothes? Where did the fabric come from? What about the dyes? Who grew the cotton or flax?

What's this trying to prove??

Soon

Attached: 1538099070533.png (1912x919, 1.91M)

That Skyrim is comfykino.

Attached: leaving-riverwood.jpg (1920x1080, 594K)

Don't get me wrong for the most part I agree, but I will say there is also something pretty incredible in knowing every NPC you come across can be interacted with, toyed with, attacked, stolen from and so on. There's a pretty major sense of immersion in that as well.

That's how a lot more action focused RPG's does it, including the Witcher games. And for the most part it works, but it does make interaction a lot less interesting and tends not to work all as well with more traditional RPG's.

That's not to say it's hard at all to have Skyrim's system with NPC's that does tasks and stuff, in fact all the code and functionality for it is already in the game and can quite easily be modded in, it's just that Bethesda is to lazy to do it/it would take to long. Even then there are some of that already in there, like maids sweeping floors, smiths working their forges, farmers tilling fields and so on. It just looks like crap because Bethesda are shit.

yikes

>who grew cotton or flax
Dont know about flax, but there is that ingredient tundra cotton. Would be nice if they made something like a farm or two where it is harvested
>cotton picking
>slavery
They would not do it. And then there is wool. So much could be done with that too.

>Where does everyone in Skyrim get their clothes
Morrowind was better with this sort of details: it had looms and spools of thread.

>cherry picking this hard

Attached: 1425490218694.jpg (1078x1722, 271K)

he's right

Attached: 2019022416073600-74EA5D8C57EB2F39A242F585A490F51B.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>he says while cherry picking

>ingredient tundra cotton
It's an actual arctic plant and it's not useful for making thread.

nostalgia

>"leaving Riverwood"
>pic is facing Riverwood

>autistic skyrim babby playing in 720p in 2019
jesus christ

He is trying to make a point retard

Notice how the skyrim dungeon is still linear

Based.

>not knowing what irony is

See Lets pretend it does.

Not an Argument

Attached: 2019022414164500-74EA5D8C57EB2F39A242F585A490F51B.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

>comparing a full dungeon to simple caves

trying a bit hard there, also funnily enough the skyrim dungeon is STILL linear

you are pathetic in so many ways

>he doesn't moonwalk out of town

Fixed

Attached: intelligent opinion on beth games.png (580x757, 333K)

You were an underage shitter who didn't know better when you played it.

Oblivion is honestly probably the worst big budget WRPG ever made.

Absolutely. Theres mods for the UI, sound, and theres a mod that lets you add your own music to skyrim

Cotton is not viking aesthetics.
Better idea would be wool from those shaggy cows and goats.

>missing the point completely AND lying with facts in your face

>probably the worst big budget WRPG ever made.

Attached: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (238x293, 34K)

How so? You are the one who thinks worlddesign is measured in resolution
>Skyrim is comfy
>b-but 720p

Attached: 2017112115254400-74EA5D8C57EB2F39A242F585A490F51B.jpg (1280x720, 288K)

That was a change from Dawnguard. Originally both locks leading to the back room were Master level. Can't have a quest-related item stuck behind something like that though, oh no.

That's not Fallout 3.
Fallout 4 isn't even a proper RPG.

>this woman watches you walk and says she likes what she sees
What do?

Attached: 1552278150967.png (811x1053, 921K)

>Oblivion is honestly probably the worst big budget WRPG ever made.

Attached: MEA.jpg (768x768, 139K)

This.

This. Comfy isn't something measured in pixels. I find NWN1 pretty comfy, and its graphics weren't even high-res for its time.

Last time I played Oblivion properly was in 2009. I've tried many times to boot it up and get back into the rhythm of it, but it just isn't happening.

It's a shame too, I really have fond memories of the game.

whoever made this image is a god damn retard

>I really have fond memories of the game.
Who doesn't?

Attached: Tales from Cyrodiil.jpg (1400x3400, 451K)

the quest chain and the bonus mod quests

I'd probably give it a try just to see what it's like.

Dump my dragon bones

Same thing with me and Halo 3 although my sister had recently died of brain cancer after a year of hell. It was around my birthday when it was found and I had recently got a few games. Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood was one of them.

Got Oblivion on October 20th, 2007, which was shortly before, so it must have been very effective at blocking out what was happening since there's a void there and I don't even remember playing it then.

Good game ^-^

Attached: Oblivion Start.png (389x161, 7K)

>It's fucking 12 a.m., so my vampire is taking sun damage
Uh, no he's not.

>going from room to room with no side passages or alternate routs
totally non-linear

Still retarded, but that's what I get for trying to make a meme image for an 8 year old game that I'm the last person on earth to play I guess

it's the early console gen look where everything has lots of polygons but lighting is very basic

Let this be a lesson then, fagotron

play daggerfall

Attached: dagg3.jpg (620x271, 88K)

share a care

This.

Attached: Daggerfall.webm (640x400, 2.88M)

daggerfags should unironically be shot. morrowfags are still fun to talk to about lore even if they can be a bit obnoxious but daggerfags never fucking shut up about their garbage fucking game that is irredeemable.

i had a lot of amazing memories in oblivion, it's really special. but it's too ugly and clunky and broken now, i can never go back and play it.

Skyrim is pretty but it has artificial atmosphere. It tries so hard to have atmosphere that it's not atmospheric at all.

Attached: 1551845513085.gif (257x212, 2.91M)

>no distant LOD
I want to see the whole of Highrock at once

you seem like a more angry cancerous fag than anyone.

at least my games are good

good movies maybe

>being turned off by old graphics
what a pleb

Became *very special* friends with her

I always liked Skingrad, mostly for the great player house there

Because the game was fully committed to being a silly fantasyland without needing to handhold or jack the player off.
Skyrim, meanwhile, was hugely generic and had to fight to convince you about how epic and cool your character was, to the point that the entire universe bent over backwards to fit you up its ass.

Oblivion is the perfect amount of graphics. Skyrim was too much graphics.

I've tried to play it on 360 but the framerate is bad and I can't add the few little mods I want like the one that revamps how you get gear. Leveled lists or something. I can't play it on PC because it lacks controller support. I don't want to play it hunched over a keyboard. It's always been a comfy controller game. I tried to use a Steam Controller but it wasn't happening.

>Skyrim, meanwhile, was hugely generic

Attached: Blackreach-TESV.jpg (3840x2160, 673K)

Apparently Todd got Soule involved very early in TES5 development, before he was officially on board or something.
I doubt Soule will be left out of TES6 with how much Todd loves his work and just the sheer quality of his composing

You posted literally the only remotely interesting location design wise. Rest were generic draugr/bandit caves.

cuz it was the empire at its height and everything was cool and comfy as fuck

>posts literally the only interesting or unique location in the entire gameworld, which a decent number of players never even saw thanks to skipping the MQ
Thanks for proving me right, dumbass. The invisible village quest you can get into 5 minutes into free roam in Oblivion is more interesting than everything in Skyrim save Blackreach.

And I don't even really like Oblivion that much, didn't play it when it was new and actually played Skyrim first. Skyrim's just fucking boring.

oblivion came out 15 years ago

>not having a properly modded oblivion with 250 mods and not tasting a cool as fuck vampire mod right the fuck now

I love being a zoomerboomer who grew up with oblivikino

Attached: up your ass.png (1062x1062, 1.03M)

This is something old and well known, but I think it would be interesting to consider it for a minute.

As many of you know, if in Skyrim through commands, you get out of the limits of the map, you can find the almost total map of Morrowind and Oblivion as well, which could mean that Bethesda, at some point in Skyrim's development , add these other territories, and make this game bigger than it ended up being.

If the above is true, does that mean that the reason why the map of Skyrim (and its dungeons) are so linear, arficial and boring, was because they spent a lot of time creating those areas that were later discarded?

It should be noted, these areas can not be seen in its entirety unless you cross the limits of the game, otherwise, you can not see more than a bit, and nothing else.

I suppose that if the theory exposed above is true, then The Elder Scrolls 6 will be bigger than Skyrim and will be located in two totally different areas. But without any immersion, and focused on satisfying the casuals and the SJW.

Attached: AeXXKky.png (859x637, 486K)

Attached: 1542560670061.jpg (637x504, 69K)

Ew. I just read that little chain you call posts. I bet you are a disgusting fat lmao nigger

>Excellent tier.
>Skyrim.

Nice try, Todd, but do not even insult your own games, which prevents us from realizing that it's you, damn cocky.

this
morrowind boomers who will argue to the death about autistic kirkbride shit and skyrim zoomers who can't into even basic lore need to sort their shit out

Why the fuck is Yea Forums so absolutely trash? Why do you guys come to a thread and just shit it up. It makes no sense to me. You don't like the game? Say you don't like it and move on, don't spend 4 hours spamming your absolute dogshit replies which just take up space. No one cares

I doubt Bethesda originally planned to have Skyrim include large parts of Cyrodiil and/or Vvardenfell. I'm honestly not sure why those parts of the map are there.

>charming

youtube.com/watch?v=_MlswygETRs

What is it with giant mushrooms anyway? Every time people talk about how Morrowind was so much more interesting than Oblivion or Skyrim, the first thing they bring up is the giant mushrooms. When Dragonborn came out, everyone talked about how you can visit a mushroom wizard tower.

oblivion was a copy pasted meadow circus good for one playthrough

Wow, you really changed my life, guy. I'll never shitpost again! I'm a better man! I'm gonna go out and have sex with a girlfriend, then get a job in Sports Psychology! Wow! Whoa! You're retarded!

Those shrooms are pretty generic fantasy stuff
Morrowind's shrooms were more unique, a mix between a mushroom and a tree.

Nice post! Happy to have read it!

based and redpilled. TES sucks

you just dont get it

I still think that if it was planned, just imagine, a gigantic map, and that you sell the players the size as an incentive to buy it.

I think it's sad that we do not do anything else, but talk about how this franchise is not what it used to be, and that Bethesda ignores the hardcore fans; Is this the fault of Todd Howard or Zenimax?

Attached: skyrim_morrowind_03.jpg (500x313, 13K)

mods fix it, if you can't take 10 minutes out of your life to fix up level scaling which is fucking everywhere in the nexus then kys

They just use a heightmap of everything for reference and distant views, it doesn't mean they ever planned to flesh it out.

Yeah Oblivion has some really solid mods that fix some of the issues with the game. I like oblivions story the most out of all the Elder Scrolls games personally. Something about that first Oblivion gate really brings back the memories

In Morrowind mushroms fit into natural landscape, they had woody trunks and branches, so they looked just like another tree. All following games tried to copy them for the sake of being unique, but never managed to make it right.

because it came out after the lotr movies and need for generic high fantasy was everywhere
this is where oblivion came in and succeeded

They are there so you have something to see when you climb that mountain.

>tfw you thought it was dope until you read the lore about what it was supposed to look like

never become a lorefag kids

>there are STILL buttmad muh jungle fags
holy shit its been 13 years stop already

you got btfo

this

They actually retconned the book stating that by saying it was a transcription error in ESO.

Attached: 1552048948163.webm (720x720, 497K)

could totally be wrong but i think that's the VR edition of skyrim

>They just use a heightmap of everything for reference and distant views

>They are there so you have something to see when you climb that mountain.

Sure what you say, they added that so you could see it from a distance, even though Skyrim's drawn distance is crap; even in PC you need mods to be able to increase it significantly, and even if you want to, you can see those areas.

>Bethesda really are amazing at world-building.

Yes, in Morrowind, in Oblivion and Skyrim is TRASH!!! no immersion

Attached: 685624920id9488gol.jpg (950x534, 54K)

Nah, it's a retroactive dragonbreak.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Heartland_of_Cyrodiil
And here it is

>Much has been made of the classical author Heimskr's characterization of Cyrodiil as a jungle or rainforest. My studies indicate that the use of the phrase "endless jungle" to describe Cyrodiil appears to be an error in transcription. Close study of the original, badly faded manuscript reveals that the phrase was miscopied, and should be more accurately rendered as "extensive uplands."
They could have said Cyrodiil drastically changed along the centuries due to random like flooding but no, they just went and completely poofed this cool tidbit of lore out of existence.

Attached: 1552016465592.jpg (653x653, 36K)

Get rekt, faggot

i think it looks like trash

It is.

Maybe that's just a case of unreliable narrator and the author of the book is wrong.

It had soul

Literal high school tier bantz

Fucking bugged mage guild quest has fucked over my enjoyment of this game twice now

>only what's in the games is "canon"
>no other information matters
Why are Kirkbride haters so stupid?

What quest?
Don't play this game without the unofficial patches

Yea Forums will come to understand, in due time

Attached: DFunity.png (1360x768, 1.5M)

What's the likelihood that ES6 will have completely new lore that builds off of the trash ESO lore that nobody knows because nobody bought that game?

Why does Oblivion Reloaded ruin my entire game every time I try installing it after other graphics mods? It works with a complete vanilla Oblivion but after modding it then trying Reloaded it makes my game crash at start up. Even after uninstalling it fucked up my files so it crashes forcing me to uninstall it completely from Steam and deleting the leftover files to make it playable again.

Use Vortex or Mod Organizer you downie.

What's wrong with Wrye Bash? I use it for all mods that aren't OMOD only.

Wrye is outdated as fuck and only used for bashed patches, Vortex and MO use symlinks for the mods files so they can be easily switched in and out without causing damage.

use LOOT to sort your shit

Is ESO any decent?
Is it more of a TES or WoW wannabe?

God that is my big worry too, and the likelihood seems high. Maybe they will CHIM away ESO's lore.

The soundtrack.

It has its weak points, mostly in relation to combat music. But for exploration and for lounging around in taverns and in metropolitan fantasy towns, it was god tier.

More like a star wars old republic mmo wannabe. Linear questing with lots of quest giver voice acting but with even less choices able to be made than TOR.

>Vortex and MO use symlinks for the mods files so they can be easily switched in and out without causing damage

It will damage an in progress game to remove a mod symlinks or not. Even rearranging the mods may not play well with an in progress game because you've essentially changed the mod setup by altering conflict resolution. These programs are useful for testing and working out a final mod configuration but in regards to sitting down and playing the game? They mostly do nothing but waste a lot of disk space with redundant data.

I've always been doing that every time I install a mod

I dunno about that it had a update in 2018

I assume the guy was having trouble even opening the game, naturally a mod organizer won't fix save incompatibilities.
I don't think MO has redundant files, it only keeps every mod in its own folder and then uses symlinks as a sort of virtual file system, it also keeps track of any modified files while the game is running so if a rogue mod fucks shit up you can just revert changes.

out of my way plebs, true immersive world coming through

Attached: 3X1H6yD.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

I wonder how a TES game would sound like if Inon Zur made the OST instead of Jeremy Soule. He did a pretty good job with Throne of Bhaal.

>4 different room shapes
>hallways/ramps/stairs to connect them
you could assemble a clusterfuck dungeon like this in skyrim easily, i'm very glad the devs didn't because this sort of place would just be annoying to deal with

Attached: 1544305455302.jpg (708x708, 48K)

Attached: C3lbQIA.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

>meh music apart from the main theme rearrangement
>saying that when this exists
reddit spacing
youtube.com/watch?v=pPWVfCtnGyg

>see that tree? you can climb it

Attached: OhGaKSx.jpg (1920x1080, 638K)

Any time you have a mod conflict there's redundant data. Because MO seeks to preserve the integrity of each mod it inherently preserves redundant data. Granted eliminating redundant data is probably beyond the average user but at least in the case of conflicts involving default replacements most people are going to eliminate the redundancy as a matter of course. MO removes that possibility by design. Let me put it this way, when I finally settled on my mod configuration for Skyrim and manually installed everything and removed MO the difference was in the gigabytes and that mattered on my SSD where space was tight.

Did the author say how long it will take to finish it?

And by the way, open new attack or mechanical animations like the possibility of blocking with the right click or it will be the same as it was classic Daggerfall but with beautiful graphics?

I want a labyrinthine dungeon i can actually get lost in, not something to quickly run through.

No clue, he's been making good progress, him + the volunteers add 5-10 features a month, mostly little things like climbing but it's definitely moving towards feature complete. I'd give it 12-18 months

Since it's all open source I imagine it will be totally possible. There's already lots of mods being worked on like roads between towns, and fast travel that fast forwards your journey instead of teleporting you. Somebody just has to get around to coding it.

Just delete the disabled files, it lets you do that, no need to go back to the stone age just for some GBs

Oblivion is goofy as fuck. The people look like potatoes and talk like robots, while the world is bright and colourful like you're in a fever dream.

"You're under 30" isn't a good argument for a game being bad. I don't understand why I have to be born before 1990 to have a credible opinion on a fucking video game.

>Howard Shore will never score a TES game ever
why even fucking live

Attached: rhorotkPIPcrying.jpg (439x325, 27K)

>I don't understand why
Because you're under 30

Sorry little man but the new age of vidya has collectively destroyed any possibility of good honest opinions by zoomers.

>Just delete the disabled files, it lets you do that

That defeats the purpose of the program in the first place so why even bother using it after that? It's not "going back to the stone age" to get rid of a now basically useless launcher. You strike me as the sort of person who would install redundant software to organize the files on their hard disk completely oblivious to the fact that that is what a file system already does.

That's some stupid shit an annoying uncle would say.

>Excellent Tier
>Skyrim
>Shivering Isles
>Only good
>Fallout 3
>As good as Shivering Isles
get the fuck out of here

tbf Morrowind has similar quest design and is equally as broken. The problem is Beth never really fix the problems with their previous games, they just streamline or remove things they don't like.

Describe to me in detail how.

Home...

Because it does a billion things to help with modding, you sound like a plain retard that never actually used the program much and think copypasting archives into a folder is "good enough".

racism is comfy AF what are you talking about user

How do I download ENB? The site doesn't have a download link anywhere even on the download page.

If anything Skyrim has more interesting art direction than Oblivion. All the cities are pretty unique and memorable whereas they're pretty samey in Oblivion.

Skyrim is pretty worthless without mods. Really modding is mandatory to enjoy that game.

Oblivion is also kinda shit, but your standards were probably lower as a kid. I played Oblivion with mods on PS3 and enjoyed it, tried to boot it back up a few years ago and couldn't stand it.

>Because it does a billion things to help with modding

Such as?

Morrowind: God Tier
Everything else shit tier

I first played Oblivion when I was like 15 and initially hated it. I think eventually the general gameplay loop and the TES lore got me invested.

I was really frustrated when Skyrim came out and Beth improved very little on Oblivion. I knew how Morrowind fans felt despite shitting on them in 2011 Yea Forums as an underage 17 year old.

>Really modding is mandatory to enjoy that game.
Pleb spotted.

Attached: Skyrim Finisher.webm (1024x576, 2.09M)

Skyrim is an improvement in every way, barring magic and quests.

Probably this. Oblivion is actually my least favorite elder scrolls world. The best part was leaving it through the hell gates.

I thought it was very cool because I never played any open world fantasy rpg's before it. I thought it was big and awesome af and that you could do whatever you want in it like sitting on chairs and shit. Yep those were the times.

What about for a first playthrough? I played Morrowind, Oblivion, and New Vegas vanilla my first playthrough. I don't wanna spend a whole day installing mods on Oblivion again since I cant find the link to download ENB or get OR to work without it fucking up my entire game after installing mods, I got 2000 hours played into that game anyway.

>posts modded skyrim

Isolating all mods into their own folders with the virtual file system, download management and archive extracting, fomod installers, granular control over files and their order, easy configuration and launching of extra tools, profiles so you can have different saves using different mods, literally no reason not use it even with very simple mod setups and is absolutely required for anything more complex, if you really need the drive space then you can just delete unused files.

The game is literally 90% complete. so hopefully it will be out of alpha soon and fully playable enough.

it's playable now desu, as long you don't mind a few features not being implemented yet

Bruma is comfy, Cheydinhal is obviously corrupt.

Not really, Skyrim adds a bunch of superfluous elements like Dragons, Kill Cams and Shouts but doesn't really address the issues people had with Oblivion aside from making level scaling less obvious (still exists though). I actually like what Skyrim does with magic though, despite it being repetitive. Honestly that just comes down to beth being lazy and not designing more than 3 spell types.

I first played it at 24, the feeling is absolutely from the game and was always there.

Dragons are so fucking annoying and tedious. They really reduce the comfiness factor to zero and you are encouraged to get the fucking shouts so you wind up activating the gay dragons and after that the game is just shit forcing you into doing the main quest which is one of the shittiest things ever

Most the things you list there are no longer operational after removing redundant data. And you can fuck right off when you refer to things like launching third party programs as a "useful feature." No, it's not fucking useful that it can open skyim's config files in notepad. I can do that in seconds from explorer. If that's useful to you maybe you should stick with consoles. MO is good for configuring and testing a mod setup but once you've got that down it's just wasting space.

Yeah and fuck that gay shit, some people just want to play a game, not embark on a quest more frustrating than your attempts to leave inceldom

that looks fucking disgusting

Without the whole eastern vibe of the Empire it wouldn't work.

Morrowind is the only game that can be enjoyed without needing mods

Daggerfalls dungeons were the best BECAUSE you could get lost in them, each one was risk to enter and thus exciting to do so.

I want some of those too. hell, the creation kit could be used to make an awesome dungeon like that. essential quest mods, go

Everything you said before was already corrected and now you just moved the goalpost to "if I can do something manually then the entire program is useless even though it's designed to make my life easier and literally everyone uses it".
You are afraid of the supposed complexity it adds while saying someone should "stick to consoles" as if that made any sense, it's just a tool to make modding a LOT less painful and your stupidity is not a sign of knowledge but rather a sign of stubbornness.
There's no discussion here, MO is a tested and true program used by everyone in the community, if you think it's not necessary then you clearly never had a setup with more than even 20 mods.

Also this discussion started with someone having trouble with a mod corrupting their game and having to delete and reinstall everything which would be something that would be resolved instantly with MO, fuck off with your retardness.

You've mistaken tedious for exciting. Most people don't consider it a plus for a game that you couldn't be bothered playing some of the content.

ADHD child detected

> Skyrim only allows for ONE fucking ring to be worn at a time
Who the fuck at bethesda thought this was a great idea?

A lotr fan

>You are afraid of the supposed complexity

When did I ever say I'm afraid of complexity? My issue is the software's REDUNDANCY, you fucking idiot, not it's non-existent complexity. I'm a software developer for a living. MO does not frighten me. I don't just install mods, I also make them. I probably know more about this shit than you do. I never said MO is no good to retards that needs to undo a clusterfuck configuration, I said once you've got your setup worked out it's useless and wastes a lot of space. I never said it's not easy to add or remove mods with MO, I said it does nothing to change how Skyrim deals with mods being added or removed on the fly. Or more accurately, how Skyrim CAN'T deal with mods being added or removed on the fly.

tpbp
Game is fucking garbage. Anyone with half a brain would pick a different entry in the series as their favourite. The only "fans" of Oblivion are nostalgic Xbox 360 kiddies who first played it when they were 12.

not an argument

>When did I ever say I'm afraid of complexity?
>You strike me as the sort of person who would install redundant software to organize the files on their hard disk completely oblivious to the fact that that is what a file system already does.
There's absolutely nothing redundant about MO, it does many things you can't do normally which are absolute must-haves for any serious modding.
You already showed your ignorance about MO before so there's no point in trying to pretend to be knowledgeable now, it doesn't waste space if you don't want it to since you can just delete the already extracted archives and unused files and the fact that you burned this so deeply into your mind despite being told otherwise several times already tells me I'm discussing with a retarded faggot more interested in his own fragile ego than someone honest.

>I said it does nothing to change how Skyrim deals with mods being added or removed on the fly. Or more accurately, how Skyrim CAN'T deal with mods being added or removed on the fly.
No one ever talked about switching mods "on the fly" and you simply misunderstood the original poster's issues and my first reply, no one was talking about mod compatibility related to savegames and you failing to realize that we are actually talking about Oblivion and not Skyrim just shows you are a double retard that needs to stop posting immediately.

They could just remaster it with the kill cams and SE graphics and it would BTFO Skyrim

and ac 130 gunships

imagine being faux-elitistic about INSTALLING MODS the bad way as if that required skill

This.

it's for meridia's beacon. [spoilers]your conspiracy is retarded, kindly keep yourself safe you greasy faggot[/spoilers]

I think it's not intended to be used with other mods. I've also heard bad things about it in general, and the creator is a dick. I suggest not using it at all.

>hear about how awesome TES: Oblivion is.
>buy it used, dump about 10 hours into it.
>get to this point where I'm a vampire, but the game is glitched so I can never fix myself or survive past longer than X minutes
>Google it
"YEAH IT SUCKS ITS GAME BREAKING ALL GOOD JUST START THE GAME OVER COMPLETLEY OVER!
>Return it the next day
And that's when I learned to treat everything on this board as complete and utter satire

There's another book in eso of someone refuting this and basically saying the author is a retard and posits that it was white-gold tower's mythopoeic architecture combined with whoever controlled it subtly affecting the region's climate.

If I had any brainlet wojaks saved I would post one. This post deserves it.

>tfw downloaded oblivion for old times sake
>the game's controls start fucking up whenever i pause or use the menu

Attached: 1443981390559.png (239x234, 80K)

That's pretty funny if it's true, they basically canonicalized the discussion about the jungle shit and made it more confusing on purpose.

>I played Oblivion with mods on PS3
No you didn't.

thanks

I played 650 hours of skyrim in total and can concur that it is absolute garbage in every way. people criticise its side quest stories as being "as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle" but that applies to literally every other aspect of the game too: there's a lot of stuff going on but it's all kind of half baked even for an 8 year old game, there's so much wrong that I could write a book about it.

>Install Oblivion
>Spend 2 hours setting up all the patches and fucking with the load order
>Play for 20 minutes
>Get reminded why I never played past Kvatch
>Uninstall
Do this every once in a while
If I do get past the initial hump, I do Shivering Isles and then quit.
Oblivion is pretty bad.

>first character of oblivion turned into a vampire
>re-rolled

im still mad when i think about it

Oblivion is quite a bit more broken than Morrowind because of level scaling. They took a levelling system from a game where your level was really a "times levelled up" number, with not all levels necessarily being equal, and applied it to Oblivion where the strength of enemies was determined by this level. You could have the same amount of hours with two characters with the attributes, but on one character you did lots of little level ups which took you to level 30, and on another where you had fewer big level ups which took you to level 15. In Morrowind this didn't matter because almost everything was unscaled, but in Oblivion the level 30 character would be fucked. Item scaling was also a big issue in Oblivion.

imperial-library.info/content/subtropical-cyrodiil

I'm pretty sure a copy of this can be found in the Vulkhel Guard mage's guild in Auridon.

Not him, but magic and quests are a big fucking deal for a fantasy RPG. I always play a mage and I care more about quests and story than loot and lore, so Skyrim was pretty disappointing. It has a lot of good mods, though, and I do like the new combat system, but they really fucked up with spell variety and spell scaling.

Couldn't you just drink a cure disease potion before it turned into full fledged vampirism?

>people still talk about vanilla TES games as if they weren't just modding platforms

Yeah, but I didnt know that when I was 12. I just got super mad

Reading your post is when I realized that we need iq barriers and age checking requirements for posting.

The community is already doing that.

Attached: Skyblivion.jpg (1920x810, 1.04M)

But, then how would you post?

Attached: 1458692830636.jpg (640x480, 32K)

In what way do they fuck up? Do you have any USB gamepads or anything plugged in? I've heard that that can cause problems.

Skyrim 2 will be out before all these overly ambitious vaporware projects

Skyrim 2 won't even be worth pirating, though.

Why are TES threads always the best?

Attached: Skyrim.webm (900x380, 2.96M)

wow. i'm fucking retarded. i use a gamepad to play dark souls with and i completely forgot it was plugged in. sometimes the answer is right in front of you, thanks.

Attached: 1430980928472.jpg (635x457, 49K)

Oblivion truly is comfy kino

Attached: Oblivion_2019_03_12_03_41_55_266.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

Because the games are fun to talk about, even if you don't like them all that much.

>muh mods
cringe. just play the game. mods take the soul out of it.

The only faux-elitists here are the ones saying MO is the ONLY acceptable way to install mods and any criticism of it, including pointing out it's mostly redundant functions and disk space wastage, comes only from a fear of complexity. How the fuck does one come to be a zealot for a mod organizer of all things anyway? It's a fancy front end to your filesystem and some third party programs. That's all. Deal with it.

Attached: download.jpg (300x57, 2K)

all of my hnng

>but muh naked women and slutty looking furry characters mods are makes the game fun hehe

But vanilla already has slutty looking furry characters

>open this up
>try to type
>feel like a brainlet because it doesnt sound like anything

Attached: 1392365794819.png (582x980, 222K)

Isn't the Imperial City supposed to have unknown layers of cities under it?

alright man, lets pretend that modders dont go overboard with it
im all for attractive women in games and whatnot, but i always think modders for skyrim especially are cancer as fuck

based retard

I used to strip dead women naked and wiggle them around, you don't need mods to have that kind of fun.

I was using that graphics guide on nexus and it seemed like it was meant to be used with all the other graphics mods he recommended and ENB. Should I at least try getting an ENB for Oblivion?

When I tried OR when it worked I didn't really like how everything was blurry when moving the camera and looking at yourself in first person. I heard it messed with other things besides the graphics anyway so fuck it.

>finding vanilla Khajit attractive

Attached: Untitled.png (225x61, 3K)

I didn't say attractive.
I didn't say unattractive either.

sure dude, you're forcefully stripping them half naked
what I am talking about is making it so its by default and even going as far as making a girl character using trash looking armor that you downloaded from nexus from a dude called PornAddict420

They were better looking in Morrowind and actually looked like beastmen and not humans with animal heads.

True that, Bethesda games are about either emergent stories, or stories you make yourself

>wandering in woods
>stumble upon cabin
>two sisters inside
>bludgeon them to death with a two handed maul
>strip them naked and drag their bodies into the fireplace
you have to make your own fun, you know?
if it has been scripted it wouldave ruined it

please tell me which song it is

LOL I remember the old old days of Yea Forums absolutely shitting on oblivion and how bad release distance rendering was. Then came horse armor. Its amazing how far gaming has fallen.

Sounds just like Skyrim, or any Bethesda "openworld rpg" game. Morrowind is beloved because of how good it was without additional mods; it just lets you go fuck around in the world, and really fuck around, possibly fucking up the main quest line in many different ways. Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout series, etc; these all require mods to make them seem interesting enough to continue sinking more time into after the first playthrough. Ya, there is still the "continuous" content of creating different characters and role playing, but the slog of going through the slow intros and the ever increasing simplification of their character creation/customizing, is what makes mods required to spice things up. But just as your green text lays out, this is a poor game design as you tire out the player before he can get invested into a backstory/character, you know, role play. I blame Bethesda's top brass here, as they clearly think more highly of their writing/story creating than they should; nothing thrilling or exciting happening in their current creative content; just under optimized graphics (mods fix it dough!) and large bland open worlds with scripted events, instead of deep networks of AI scheduling/connecting that allows for very interesting playthroughs each time depending on the players interactions and just random shit in general.

Is that a morrowind combat mod?

oh i was looking at the wrong one but i have heard it before

>I was using that graphics guide on nexus and it seemed like it was meant to be used with all the other graphics mods he recommended and ENB. Should I at least try getting an ENB for Oblivion?
To be honest, I never did a lot of graphics modding for Oblivion and I don't know much about ENBs, so I'm afraid I can't give any recommendations there. I've just read bad things about Oblivion Reloaded.

>When I tried OR when it worked I didn't really like how everything was blurry when moving the camera and looking at yourself in first person. I heard it messed with other things besides the graphics anyway so fuck it.
Yeah, it does mess with a lot of things. Someone actually recommended it to me once when I asked if there was a mod to increase the FOV without distorting your character's arms in first-person. Since that was all I wanted it for, though, that meant going into the ini file and trying to figure out how to disable the million other things it does without fucking something up, and even when I did that, things still didn't look right in first-person.

Oblivion Reloaded is just more trouble than it's worth.

"Oblivion has bad rendering distance" feels like a meme, back then it was cool to be able to see the imperial city so far away. Or see the other side of a big body of water.

d f g
g h j
j l h
j h g f d
o
d f g
g h j
j l z
l x z
z x c x z
l J j
h g j h
j h g f d

How retarded am I for not knowing how to clean mods with TESedit? I've tried reading the tutorial when I first modded Oblivion a few years ago but I couldn't understand anything so I always left the mods dirty if they were. Is it really mandatory for a heavily modded game? It says when using LOOT that even the official DLCs are dirty.

it does render certain landmarks far away
don't know what other open world games they were playing that had bender render distance

I have never cleaned a mod in my life.

I dont know how to do it either, user. My games have always (sort of) been fine, even when heavily modded/

Oblivion still has ridiculous pop-in and inaccurate LODs everywhere, it really hurts the open world feel.

>no Oblivion Switch port to play in bed for maximum number overcomfy
Why

>the slog of going through the slow intros
That's actually something Bethesda got right for a while. Oblivion and Fallout 3 both let you change everything about your character at the end of the intro, so you could make a save there and use it to start new characters quickly. Then for some reason they decided not to have that in Skyrim. I don't know if they brought it back for FO4.

Supreme Magicka or Midas Magic, which one do you think is better?

oblivion still had some good writing, unlike skyrim

That's a smart way to get around it, though I somehow doubt Bethesda meant for it to be a feature like that given how they removed it in Skyrim. There is a mod I'm aware of for Skyrim that allows you to skip the intro, and even choose different locations to spawn in, with various roleplaying elements. But again, mods.

Cleaning official Bethesda files is a waste. No mod should be being overridden by Bethesda's stuff, they should be the ones doing the overriding. Unless you know it's not necessary, i.e. you checked the conflicts yourself and saw nothing that's going to matter, cleaning mods is generally a good idea. It's not going to make the game run any better, it's mostly about mod conflict resolution. Most competent modders are good about cleaning their shit so you might be able to get away with just assuming it'll all be fine but I recommend at least checking.

E y t e (4)
e y u i
u y t
e u y
e u y
e y u i
u y t
e u y
e y t
e y u i
u y t
e u y
e u y
e u y
p f d

This
The leveling and scaling was fuckin broken most the quests were boring and forgettable.

>Skyrim had shit writin-

Attached: paarthurnax_facebook_cover_photo_by_zerotwoone-d5xej6p.png (1024x379, 448K)

>That's a smart way to get around it, though I somehow doubt Bethesda meant for it to be a feature

I think they did considering the games automatically make a permanent save at this point. I think they didn't bother for Skyrim because the intro for Skyrim is much, much shorter than the ones for Oblivion and Fallout 3. They didn't bother for Morrowind either and that also has a very short intro.

is that shit still in beta?

When I played Oblivion I used OOO for my overhaul mod, should I use it again or try something else? I heard Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul is compatible with OOO so maybe I should do both?

One decent line doesn't make up for the bad writing all over the rest of the game.

dude wallpaper quotes lmao xd

>I think they didn't bother for Skyrim because the intro for Skyrim is much, much shorter than the ones for Oblivion and Fallout 3.
Really? Skyrim's intro always felt longer to me, especially with the carriage ride in the very beginning.

That is some sweet armour. I just wish it would have the same experience as Kingdom Come where armor makes you a tank compared to unarmored people. It should also have more complicated maintenance, which could be automatically done by a companion who is supposed to be squire to a knight. It would make the housecarl more important. Also, putting the plate armor on should have a 5 min time skip.

>MODELED

They are comfy.

Attached: d8751953d7d8b2aec96da010c19f1979.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

>Skyrim is an improvement in every way, barring magic and quests.
>Not really, Skyrim adds a bunch of superfluous elements like Dragons, Kill Cams and Shouts but doesn't really address the issues people had with Oblivion aside from making level scaling less obvious (still exists though). I actually like what Skyrim does with magic though, despite it being repetitive. Honestly that just comes down to beth being lazy and not designing more than 3 spell types.

I like how Oblivion did things way better.

>menus
>stats
>armor and weapon aesthetics
>quests
>more comprehensive magic system
>level design worked better for conjuration
>better fight animations (how they made them worse is beyond me)
>better ruins
>better towns

Oblivion had a strong high fantasy feeling. Also the music was beyond amazing.

Skyrim is far worse as it has so many scripted events you have to sit through, and this simple af dungeon that is only difficult if you turn up Bethesda's AI sponge thickness slider.

Conjured creatures were OP as fuck, a storm atronach can kill anything easily.

>Daggerfalls dungeons were the best BECAUSE you could get lost in them, each one was risk to enter and thus exciting to do so.

I like the idea of extensive dungeons but Daggerfall has a setup that Skyrim doesn't. You can return to the front door of the dungeon to put things into your cart. There is no cart in Skyrim. If you had a full party and camp system that you could tell to travel somewhere it would be great. Then when you get to the entrance there is a camp set up, with your own guards and their wagon. Then the dungeon can be done in multiple attempts. There is an explore/kill/loot/return cycle in these games. You have to leave the dungeon after a period because of carry weight. Rest, healing and resupply should be integrated.

A huge dungeon is great but the rest of the game also has to support it.

>Game is fucking garbage. Anyone with half a brain would pick a different entry in the series as their favourite. The only "fans" of Oblivion are nostalgic Xbox 360 kiddies who first played it when they were 12.
>This
>The leveling and scaling was fuckin broken most the quests were boring and forgettable.

I played Skyrim first, then Oblivion, because when Oblivion came out I didn't touch fantasy games. I like Oblivion better. Oblivion is easier to fix than Skyrim. You just need the main patches, a leveling fix and an improved faces mod. Done. Skyrim requires much more.

Oblivion has better quests.

The Skyrim intro is objectively shorter. It may feel longer but it's only something like 15-20 minutes. Oblivion and Fallout 3 intros are like an hour long. To me Fallout 3 is the worst by far because almost all of the intro is walking between triggers for boring conversations.

where did you get these? i didn't see them on that website anywhere. also more pls

Cuz it's the one u played when u were a teenagerU wrong

idk about the guy who posted the link, but the other two I just worked out
you got any specific requests or anything?

>tfw no qt khajit gf

>Oblivion and Fallout 3 intros are like an hour long.
But that doesn't matter when you can load a save at the end of the intros and skip them entirely. When it comes to repeat playthroughs, it's 0 minutes for Oblivion and Fallout 3 and 15-20 minutes for Skyrim. So in the end, it's Skyrim that wastes more of your time.

i was mainly asking because i thought there may be somewhere else to search for the music notes on that website that i didn't see. i always wanted to get into piano but i never actually got around to learning it. any tips for a noob? also wings of kynareth is the best song in oblivion but i don't remember if it has any piano in it

You can make a save at the end of Skyrim's intro and reload from that too. The game doesn't have classes or tagged skills or anything so none of that shit really matters. You can change your appearance with the Dawnguard DLC or, if you are on PC, just type showracemenu into the console. It's not THAT big a deal.

>Conjured creatures were OP as fuck, a storm atronach can kill anything easily.

The pathfinding is much better in Oblivion. Your own conjurations block your way less. There is also way more options for summoning different creatures.

that mod crashes my game randomly everytime it's active
feels bad : (

high iq individual: likes game and is ok with other people not liking game
: )