Gen 2

There are people out there who claim to love video games, and yet they GENUINELY don't recognize gen 2 as the best Pokemon generation

Let that sink in for a bit.

Attached: wp_ss_20140605_0006.png (475x431, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/wp_ss_20140605_0006.png/
youtube.com/watch?v=JbCtVIDMEAs
youtube.com/watch?v=_Iem9iN1Ds8
youtube.com/watch?v=nU263Ud3LM4
youtube.com/watch?v=mKNXetfroH0
youtube.com/watch?v=M4zqdU7izi4
youtube.com/watch?v=kMcfQSXcZ3I
youtube.com/watch?v=k4puhzOiQW8
youtube.com/watch?v=NmpiD3QdYqA
youtube.com/watch?v=i3GrO6kxJCw
youtube.com/watch?v=n0XQMITBQ44
youtube.com/watch?v=xr9KFynxBpA
youtube.com/watch?v=gXMVdtCD_8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=W0aG7kBJS18
youtube.com/watch?v=_9X6uXyylJE
youtube.com/watch?v=U9V5vKZoI68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're fags that started with gba or ds. Absolutely disgusting, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Crystal was my first pokemon game and I still recognise gen 4 as superior to gen 2. Gen 2 sprites are peak pokemon aesthetics tho.

Attached: noh.png (776x883, 409K)

gen 2 really was the climax of pokemon. I couldn't even get into gen 3, and I started with gen 1.
>got back into it briefly on gen 4 because they had good starters

>Most memorable music
>First use of day-night mechanic
>Pokemon designs are still good
>No hand-holding
>Certain degree of non-linearity
>Villain story kind of decent
>Mind-blow moment of returning to Kanto (even though Kanto was fairly empty)
>First use of breeding mechanic
>Battles progress quickly
>Core mechanics are decent
>Lots of optional areas to explore
>Sprite art is huge step-up from R/B
>COMFY

Gen 4 was okay, but very bland. Try playing Gen 4 again after playing any other Pokemon game and you'll find it's almost unplayable. Battles move so slowly that it's unbearable. If they sped the battles up, the games would be better.

god when you fight RED, fuckin goosebumps man.

Most of that list pure opinion. Do better next time johtobro.

>>Villain story kind of decent
worst villains yet. Literally hijack a tower and beg Giovanni to come back. That was so lame.

That’s just zoomers for you. They’ll never know how awesome it was when gen 2 came out. Best christmas I ever had was when I slept over at my friends house for christmas eve and got a Gbc in a pak with a carrying case with Lugia and Ho-oh on it, a link cable, and Gold Version.

maybe they'll change their minds if you make another thread
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/wp_ss_20140605_0006.png/

Gen 2 is probably the most uninspired generation other than 6.
The region is barely a region, and sure it has some great moments like visiting Kanto for the first time, but all of the gym leaders' teams suck and Kanto is fucking empty. Not to mention the Pokemon distribution and level curve is atrocious.

Gen 4 and 5 are better.

Because theres more to games than what the towns look like at night.

actually it looks like half of it or more is pure fact.
new pokemon blosdix anyways, so unless you're a kantobro your opinions don't really matter.

It has the lowest level E4

Why are you posting this thread every day? Gen2 is my favorite too but I'm not sure of your purpose spamming this.

Someone didn't go back to Kanto.

>First use of day-night mechanic
This is the only fact in that post, fact.

Sorry I didn't type out everything. Most of thar list is pure opinion or can be applied to other games as well. Do better next time johtobro.

This, you’d have to be bullshiting to say Gen 2 was the best when it had such awful flaws.

Emerald, Platinum, HGSS and Black2/White2 are all genuinely better games than gen 2, and I say this as someone who's first Pokemon game was Yellow.

JOHTO BOY

I love the G/S/C. My most favorite gen out of all the pokemon games.

Attached: 1552071165091.png (921x521, 117K)

Rematches don't count, dumbass. The first time you fight them is the level they should be judged by, not by the post game levels.

All analysis of art is based on opinion. There's no way to quanitfy things like "good music" or "Pokemon designs are still good." I mean, if you have shit tastes and think that this is a well-designed Pokemon, then ok...

Attached: crapily.jpg (225x225, 9K)

It’s not, Gen 4 was better.

>Slugma was gen 2

Attached: 1501025833138.png (716x642, 626K)

Have you replayed that game at all recently, user? The level curve is horrible.
When you're clearing out the rocket hideout, 6 fucking badges in, the grunts are using 16-22 level pokemon, with the admins using level 24.
When you storm the radio tower, the grunts use level 22-24 pokemon. 7 fucking badges in the game, and you're fighting trainers that have level 24 pokemon. One of the admins has a team of 5 (five) level 30 koffings and a level 33 Wheezing. This is supposed to be one of the climaxes in the game.

Attached: 1537231072050.png (525x698, 565K)

How are they rematches if you aren't Red?

>First use of breeding mechanic
care to show me where it was before that?
>Certain degree of non-linearity
true or not, this is not an opinion, it is something that can be quantitated
>Lots of optional areas to explore
just because he didn't quantitate this one doesn't mean it's not a fact
>Sprite art is huge step-up from R/B
this is objectively true, unless you are blind or retarded.

I won't bother any further, you get the point.

Exactly. So don't use them in a list combined with objective facts. Muddles the whole thing.

Because you fight them before you get access to Kanto?
Don't tell me, you haven't played Gold, Silver, or Crystal, have you?

There are people on here who claim to love video games, but play shit like Pokemon that barely classifies as a video game.

shrug

It sucks so fucking much, bros. There are TWO new fire types in Gen 2 and HGSS, but you can't even use them during the main game.
The first time I got to use a Houndoom in the main adventure in a Pokemon game is ULTRA SUN, how do you fuck up so badly and make it so you can't use a Pokemon in the main game for FIVE FUCKING GENERATIONS AFTER IT WAS INTRODUCED

Pokemon Crystal is the only game I have ever pre-ordered, and probably the only game I ever will.

I love this kind of stuff, lots of different conditions.

Sounds like sombody at gamefreak really didn't like that pokemon. For about 16-17 years?

late gen 4 beats every other gen comfortably.

Gen 3 is full of Poochyenas though

>care to show me where it was before that?
I missed that one.
>true or not, this is not an opinion, it is something that can be quantitated
Maybe you're right there, but the game also has a certain degree of linearity, so it's a statement that means nothing
if not quantitated.
>just because he didn't quantitate this one doesn't mean it's not a fact
What people consider to be 'lots' or not is their opinion.
>this is objectively true, unless you are blind or retarded.
Doesn't matter how clear it is to you or even me, it's an opinion.

You could get a Houndour in Platinum too.

>Different conditions
Yes, waiting until you beat the fucking game to get a level 10 Pokemon so you have to grind it up 30 levels (in a game with no Vs. Seeker, by the way) sure is great.
Waiting to get a Tyrogue and equalize its stats to get an average Pokemon that you have to level up 30 levels sure is great.
Searching for hours for a 1% encounter rate sure is great.
Pokemon that can run away from you (in Crystal) are fucking fun.
Headbutting every tree over and over until you find an Aipom sure sounds like fun.

Fuck I always get them confused lol

What an arbitrary measurement metric. So what? The game doesn't end with the E4. There's an entire second world's worth of content.

"Barely a region" -- this doesn't even mean anything.

This is what I loved about G/S. The new Pokemon weren't just thrown in your fucking face. You had to go to unique means to get them. In the new gens, there are like 20 fucking legendaries sitting on your doorstep.

fair 'nuff

Well yeah, it's a collecting game. You don't need to get every single pokemon just as easily. As long as the different types are more or less well distributed (unlike fire, which the other user mentioned) it's okay.

Additionally, everyone in Kanto is basically on the same level, with the exception of Red, which shoots from the mid 50s (Blue being the exception who has level 58) to 80 out of fucking nowhere.
Brock, Sabrina, Misty, Surge, and Erika are all 40, Janie's are fucking 30, Blane has a singular level 50.
Cut to Red with a level 81 Pikachu.

Attached: 1541129116337.jpg (800x828, 67K)

Sounds fun to me.

>What an arbitrary measurement metric. So what? The game doesn't end with the E4. There's an entire second world's worth of content.
Kanto is empty as fuck, and has almost nothing to do, plus everything is underleveled in Kanto. It's a second region, sure, but in name and size only, not in content.
>"Barely a region" -- this doesn't even mean anything.
It does though. Johto was obviously made to be "Kanto, part 2" and it shows. Half of the Gym Leaders only have Kanto Pokemon, and a lot of Johto Pokemon were shoved to the side for no reason. Plus it has a laughable excuse for an evil team.
>This is what I loved about G/S. The new Pokemon weren't just thrown in your fucking face. You had to go to unique means to get them. In the new gens, there are like 20 fucking legendaries sitting on your doorstep.
They keep you from getting new Pokemon in general. If one of your selling points is new Pokemon, then you shouldn't keep new Pokemon out of the player's reach until postgame, but that's exactly what they do.

I played Crystal so long ago, I was pretty sure they were R/B/Y gym leaders you faced in Kanto. I still find the idea that all of the gym leaders magically transport to there once you ride the magnet train to be confusing and silly at best.

Cope, this was one the worst parts of GCS

Not a zoomer, I played every generation from 1 to 7 in order of release. Gen 3 and 4 are peak pokemon. LGFR and HGSS are objectively superior to RBY/GSC plus gen 3 also has the best pokemon games of all time, Colosseum and XD. And Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Orre are up there for best region.

This is what I hated about S/M, too. Thanks to gen 1 wankery a ton of the new Pokemon are way out of the way and hard to find

>What people consider to be 'lots' or not is their opinion.

Let me quantify: More optional dungeons and areas than any other Pokemon game.

>Doesn't matter how clear it is to you or even me, it's an opinion.

And people can be of the opinion that a 4 year old's drawings are better artwork than the Mona Lisa. It's still an opinion, but it's fucking retarded and quite simply *wrong*. The jump in sprite aesthetic from R/B to G/S is like going from cave art to sculptured marble.

GSC fans are the new RBY apologists. Anything that's a flaw with the old gens was SO FUCKING FUN to them.
I like gen 2, but some of that shit is fucking inexcusable.

It'a one of the best parts.

It literally gives you Kanto pokemon for free, basically. Do you really think soemthing like Politoed should take more effort than a Gyarados?

Part of the main appeal of Pokemon is the customization of your team and Johto does literally everything in its power to discourage that.

>Can't get some of the new Pokemon until after you beat the Elite Four, but you have to grind them up 30 levels against Level 10 wild Pokemon for a few hours to make them useable
Yeah, fun.

Exactly, fun.

How come nobody ever talks about how HeartGold/SoulSilver wrecked the atmosphere of the originals in a lot of places? Forcing the kimono girl bullshit in the legend encounters, washed out palettes (especially at night or in caves), and am I the only motherfucker who was FURIOUS about that terrible Goldenrod City """remix"""? And just a whole bunch of random other stuff too, like how the lighthouse interior went from a grimy dilapidated shithole into some sleek modern looking thing in the remakes.

Mechanically and content-wise HGSS beats GSC by a mile but they sure fucked up their actual portrayal of Johto. Yeah, it might sound like nostalgic nitpicking to some but I think Gen 4-5 era Game Freak were competent enough that they /could've/ recreated a lot of this stuff, but just went in weird directions with it instead. If only some of them hacking autists out there could create a HGSS hack with the best of both.

Attached: goldenrodcity1.png (256x192, 10K)

No, it's fucking boring if everything is piss easy to obtain. The only one I concede is 1%, it should be something like 1% except in a certain area, or at a certain time of the week for example.

Explain to me how that is fun, both of you.

Yeah, it's like an exotic pokemon, an easter egg. It doesn't all have to be based on its utility for combat regarding the main storyline.

lol all pokemon games are piss easy. I had no trouble with the level curve.

I find it entertaining to catch lowlevel pokemon I want and raise them up

>get the romhack crystal clear
>it's great
>go on the CC discord
>oh look it's full of fucking trannies
>I get banned for something stupid
>I post their discords on /soc/ and log into an alt account and join the server
>they're complaining about mass ad's

Now I just have to get their dox's, fucking degen gross men trying to parade around as "women" anyone here ever notice how trannies on discord always have generic female names as their display name? that's like the biggest red flag for detecting a gross tranny.

Attached: 1267773599958.gif (200x150, 902K)

>muh night and lit up windows
reminder that this is the johtofag's only argument for how the game has "soul"

It isn't an exotic Pokemon, though. It's supposed to be a newly discovered species in the Johto region.
How do you find fighting level 10 Pokemon for a few hours a fun, enjoyable time?

Rather explain to me how it would be fun if the condition for encountering every pokemon barring legendaries were the same?
>Just go to area X or Y and you'll get it 1/n of the time, where n is the amount of different monsters in that area

The age old tactic of spam a thread praising a game daily until everyone hates it and everyone who likes it.
Not bad, especially since if you do ACTUALLY think fucking gen 2 is better than 3, 4, or, 5 you deserve to be hated. HGSS is a complete objective improvement.

There are people out there who GENUINELY think Pokescam is a good series.

Same way I find fighting any pokemon of any level enjoyable.

>Half of the Gym Leaders only have Kanto Pokemon

Why is this a bad thing? Why do gym leaders have to use new Pokemon? That doesn't make a game bad or good. Again, it's a completely arbitrary criteria. Can you imagine criticizing a shooting game because an end boss uses an M4 instead of a new and improved laser-sight proton cannon introduced in the game?

>Plus it has a laughable excuse for an evil team.

Villains don't need to be truly menacing to be well-written characters. The Team Rocket in the game is interesting because their story is well fleshed out without being exposition heavy. They're a disgraced husk of the criminal organization they once were, relying on exotic meat trade, brainwashing, and a desperate attempt to call their former leader back to action by hijacking a radio tower. They have a more interesting motivation than pretty much every other Pokemon villain, whose main goal is quite simply "CATCH THE BIG POKEMON AND MAKE IT DO BAD STUFF." Fucking yawn. I bet you jerk off to the dialogue in superhero movies, too.

>They keep you from getting new Pokemon in general. If one of your selling points is new Pokemon, then you shouldn't keep new Pokemon out of the player's reach until postgame, but that's exactly what they do.

I found the Pokemon in G/S were pretty well spaced out. B/W was the best for this though, desu, since they forced you into using all brand new Pokemon for the main game. It was like playing Pokemon again for the first time.

I don't get how drones support this shit.

Yes, the way it is and the most extreme way in the opposite direction are the only ways things could have turned out. There's no possible way Pokemon could have different encounter rates without being a literal 1% encounter rate or having you do super obscure shit or gating Pokemon behind post game.

>It isn't an exotic Pokemon, though
What? It's exotic by definition, hard to get.
>It's supposed to be a newly discovered species in the Johto region.
What does this matter? It's not like the majority of pokemon new to gen 2 are hard to come by, and you mostly get a party of gen 1 mons.

it had THE worst starters
fucking gen 5 was better

>Why is this a bad thing? Why do gym leaders have to use new Pokemon?
They want to show off the new Pokemon and get us to like them and recognize them. They should give the Gym Leaders Johto Pokemon. There's no reason for Falkner to use Pidgeotto when Noctowl and Xatu exist. There's no reason for Bugsy to use Scyther and Metapod when Heracross exists, etc.
Okay, I don't like to waste my time, but I understand that some people really enjoy mashing A for a few hours rather than criticizing the fact that the level curve in GSC is all sorts of fucked up.

>Pokemon could have different encounter rates
That's the case for most, you can even see it in the original pic posted.
>literal 1% encounter
I already told you I agree that's bad >super obscure shit or gating Pokemon behind post game
That's just for a few pokemon, we've been through this already user.

>It literally gives you Kanto pokemon for free, basically. Do you really think soemthing like Politoed should take more effort than a Gyarados?

Considering Gyarados has never been difficult to obtain, sure. I mean, it certainly raised the mystique of the Pokemon a bit. Made them special. In the same way that Drifloon, Feebas, and other Pokemon you can only get are when you fulfill certain conditions.

And not the "go to Route X again after the main game and press a button to make the grass shake and a NEW (old) Pokemon who you could never find there before will pop out for some reason"

I dislike Gen 2, for a couple of reasons:
>real-time day-night cycle + days of the week events
This shit sucked ass because it means you need to play at specific hours and even days of the week. That's just not how people consume entertainment (see the rise in streaming services as proof of that).

>100 new Pokémon
A large part of the appeal of Pokémon for me is discovering Pokémon. So locking down most new Pokémon to swarms and post game content sucked.

>Kanto
Felt like a missed opportunity. I would've liked to seen more changes that show Pokémon and people have an effect on their environment, and a better curve so you aren't left high and dry for post game.

There were other things I disliked; even if some people like them. Introduction of genders, more methods of evolution, and so on. But they don't significantly detract from the game.

i started with genwun back in the day. gens 4 and 5 are the peak of the franchise. 2 was shit until hgss fixed it.

>And not the "go to Route X again after the main game and press a button to make the grass shake and a NEW (old) Pokemon who you could never find there before will pop out for some reason"
Johto literally has that in Kanto. Why couldn't we encounter Slugma or Houndour in RBY if they're in Kanto.

>I had no trouble with the level curve.
Can you really not comprehend why enemy trainers being barely on the level of Bugsy 6 gyms in is bad?

Who the fuck grinds a Pokemon up to level 30 by pitting it against level 10 wild Pokemon? lmao not surprised you're a gen 2 hater. further proof that they are literally retarded.

There are people out there who claim to love video games, and yet they GENUINELY don't recognize Pokemon for the garbage it is.

Let that sink in for a bit.

That's really just an assumption on your part. You assume that just because a pokemon is native to the johto region, it means they must be MORE common there than Pokemon also in the Kanto region. Clearly it's not the case.

This user knows his shit. Plat, HGSS, BW, and BW2 were the perfect group of Pokemon games, and they all came out in a row. How did they do so well then flop so hard?
How do you level up your Pokemon in Gen 2 without a versus seeker or reliable rematches against trainers?

>All analysis of art is based on opinion.
The Kanto Return in Gen 2 is much more a visual than some great expansion of content, sinse the level curve was adjusted, along with the game's contents, therefore, when people say Gen 2 has 2 regions, they are right, but it certanly doesnt have 2 regions worth of content.
There, easy.

This constant shilling is going to make me buy a backlit gameboy, I swear.

You do know that R/B was basically a beta and what you guys call
>gen 2
was the originally intended release, G/S dropped merely a year later thus making it the actual
>genwun
There was literally no reason to add Kanto to the game without it being a form of excuse because the first editions were such abominations.

Let that sink in.

Attached: vb.jpg (300x300, 24K)

It's a pokemon game, you're always mashing A, So I no idea what you mean by that. If you didn't like wasting time you wouldn't be posting on Yea Forums or playing videogames.

The open world really blew my mind

Turn off battle scene dude

>Battles move so slowly that it's unbearable
>says this while praising gen 2

Gen 3 blew gen 2 the fuck out in every way. Kms yourself, asshole.

>unique means to get them
>RNG bs

>There are people out there

Attached: 1551412173258.gif (468x498, 1.34M)

shut the fuck up

Much better than the boring, rehashed "MODERN BUILDING EVERYWHERE" architecture in every game post-gen 2.

>Not bad, especially since if you do ACTUALLY think fucking gen 2 is better than 3, 4, or, 5 you deserve to be hated.

Prefers slow battles of gen 4 and shit designs and railroaded gameplay of gen 5 to be improvements over gen 2 LMAO

>HGSS is a complete objective improvement.

GF completely ruins the aesthetic of the game, removing all of the COMF-FACTOR, and yet you think it's a better game because "omg a pokemon can follow you around". Fucking gimmicky bullshit.

Attached: wp_ss_20140605_0006.png (160x144, 2K)

No because not everyone is a nostalgiafag autist who gets mad at shit not being exactly the same as you were an easily impressed kid.

>you need to play at specific hours and even days of the week
>Exclusivity is bad
You're like the people who complained about having to play at night in WoW so Blizzard caved in and made the night in the game ultra bright.
>locking down most new Pokémon to swarms and post game content
It's for a few pokemon, not "most". See >I would've liked to seen more changes that show Pokémon and people have an effect on their environment, and a better curve
I agree

>Introduction of genders, more methods of evolution, and so on
What's bad about those? They make it more interesting.

Nigga you could just fuck with the clock and date in game to get the game to work to your liking.

>every encounter is underlevelled as fuck, and barely gives out any experience
>at the end of kanto, managed to beat blue comfortably and every trainer is defeated due to how desperate i was for experience
>i'm fine, everything's fine, levels are only about level 53-56
>try to fight red
>has pokemon 20 levels higher than mine, all of them are faster than me (except snorlax) and hit like fucking bulldozer's on crack
>if i want to stand a reasonable chance, i either have to get extremely lucky with critical hits or grind for potentially hours
>my only reward is a basic fade to black and credits
I don't care what anyone says. Red is the worst designed final boss in the history of Pokemon. Did nobody on the development team even consider how much autism is required to win?

Attached: 1539809192120.jpg (649x416, 51K)

Almosy every pokemon is rng bs though.

>Much better than the boring, rehashed "MODERN BUILDING EVERYWHERE" architecture in every game post-gen 2
Gen 2 has modern buildings everywhere too. In fact, they literally replaced the Pokemon Tower with a fucking radio tower.

For me it's Gen 7

Attached: C6A5CAE0-0DC1-47CC-918E-B3F7B2C2DE0E.png (1052x1613, 610K)

Holy fuck I'm not the only one that forgets this. I also constantly get Torkoal confused as a Gen IV pokemon.

>how the game is designed isnt important, the only thing that matters is how the towns look at night

Attached: 1550476596061.png (750x650, 70K)

dude you have access to both legendary mons. Use X items.

>Yeah, it might sound like nostalgic nitpicking to some
It really is. HGSS is still not a perfect game by any means, but I honestly believe it's the closest to the core of the series original feel that it's ever gotten. I do wish they buffed levels in Kanto and gave you the gameboy player right at the start though.

>loved Soul Silver so much went out to look for a Gold and Silver copy
>got both from the same gaystop
was based.

Silver was my first game in the series, but I prefer the remakes personally.

Attached: 1527925600565.jpg (500x700, 555K)

Attached: johto.jpg (3150x3150, 624K)

Yeah, you're right, no other gen can compete with the COMF-FACTOR of gen 2, following pokemon is a fucking stupid gimmick and if you want it you're fucking braindead and should just fucking off yourself. Keep it up user ;)

I didn't care for the music or general aesthetic of the remakes

I personally prefer the OG ver but they're both the best Pokemon games.

>How did they do so well then flop so hard?
game freak's decision to do a soft-reboot with gen 5 had the misfortune of lining up with social media becoming massively popular and '90s nostalgia becoming the hot new trend. this is when the genwunners started coming out of the woodwork, and they trashed gen 5 because "ICE CREAM, TRASH AND GEARS? WTF? WHERE'S MUH PIKACHU AND CHARIZARD?"
masuda put a ton of passion and hard work into those games, only for them to get rejected by bandwagon "fans" for dumb superficial reasons. after that, he gave up and started churning out yearly shovelware with tons of kanto pandering in it because that's what people want.
i honestly get the impression that nobody at game freak even likes making pokemon anymore, but they have to keep making it because it's the only reason they're relevant.

The actual gameplay sucks though, the only thing it has going for it is nostalgia and a barebones Kanto.

ah! you must be this.. retard everyone keeps telling me about!

Attached: 1552141582377.png (378x357, 70K)

Power-wise, yeah, they were pretty shite, but their aesthetics were good at least. Art > Power

I dunno man, I kind of liked discovering the new Pokemon on my own. I can still remember the first time I found a Natu, standing at the bus stop in the cold January air. Anyway, Xatu is used in the E4, so I don't know what you're bitching about, and other trainers use Noctowl and Hoot-hoot.

It's the first time you've gone to those routes in G/S you pleb. Fucking volcano on Cinnabar erupted, sending Slugma all over the goddamn place. Look at its proximity to the bike trail. Goddamn, use your critical thought. Houndoor is a night Pokemon. There was no night cycle in gen 1. Besides, you can't judge a game based on locations you visited in a PREVIOUS game. That doesn't even make sense.

Patently false. Whitney, Morty, and Jasmine were all fairly difficult.

Elite 4, you fucking moron. Alternating with Red, if desired. Level 50 encounters in Viridian City. Holy shit.

Of course it doesn't have 2 entire regions' worth of content. I'm not disputing that. The fact that Kanto is in the game does not make the game worse however -- it objectively makes it better.

Even still, there's a severe lag between Pokemon attacks, turns, and when receiving exp between KOs. It's very slow. I noticed the drag instantly when returning to it after playing B/W.

Gen 5 really felt like it had passion put behind it. I didn't go on the internet much until Gen 6, so I didn't even know the general consensus was that BW/BW2 were bad until a few years ago. They've always been my favorites from the first day that I played them.

>level 81 Pikachu
it's still just a fucking pikachu

>it objectively makes it better

Attached: 1552307970973.jpg (484x409, 33K)

>Prefers slow battles of gen 4
>says this while praising gen 2

STOP

SPACING

YOUR

THIS

FAGGOR

For what it's worth, I don't hate HG/SS at all, I've put in solid time on both and had probably a dozen or so playthroughs of those games. They really /are/ objectively better in terms of pure gameplay, features, overall package, polish, quality-of-life features and so on. There are just some changes that are whack. Why make a new female protagonist but basically keep the male one the same? Yeah it's nostalgia for the old female protag, but isn't that a pretty legitimate complaint for a remake (designed to harvest sweet nostalgia bucks?).

I don't think complaints like the lighthouse redesign are trivial either cos the game design is tied into the visuals - running around jumping down holes in the floor actually makes thematic sense if you're in a dilapidated shitmhole, less so in the sleeker new lighthouse.

I started playing with Yellow and barely remember anything from Gen 2. You faggots overrate this so much when it's just the table scraps of Gen 1 with a shiny new coating.

Was sad to see that, actually, but it did make the game memorable. I know it was probably due to memory limitations, but it really seemed to parallel the real world, and the sort of disrespect people would show towards sensitive issues (like bereavement) as long as there was a dollar to be made.

But I guess I analyzed it deeper than others, who just went "THING I LIKE IS GONE. NOW I HATE."

>Much better than the boring, rehashed "MODERN BUILDING EVERYWHERE" architecture in every game post-gen 2.
Gen 2 has houses that look literally the same in every fucking city.

yikes my boy. is this really what upsets you these days? get some help lmao

>"THING I LIKE IS GONE. NOW I HATE.

This is literally what gen 2 fans say about other regions when they flesh themselves out instead of neutering themselves to include an objectively worse version of the previous games region.

Fair enough. I do kind of get what you mean in some regards.

>Whitney, Morty, and Jasmine were all fairly difficult.
That's not what we're talking about at all though. I'm saying how fucking lame it is that when you storm the rocket hideout, the trainers there are barely above the levels of the 2nd gym, when you're 3/4ths of the way done with Johto badges. Additionally,
>Morty
>difficult

Attached: 1537127581919.jpg (425x609, 100K)

This, specially Sinnoh babies, their taste are fucking horrible. And they are mad because they didn´t live the best era

Gen 2 will always be my fave because they really tried to make the ultimate pokemon game sequel at the time, no holding shit back for the next game, its a sequel in the best way. Also love the music.

The only arguments in gen 2s favor in this thread is "muh town at night" while the gen 2 detractors are actually coming up with reasons about why its not actually great.

I like how people post this like it means anything at all. Tapus have stats lower than every other non-egg legendary and you can find UBs infinitely, or in great numbers. Barely legendaries.

Gen 2 was perfect except for the whole fucking putting shitty pokemon in kanto

This. Also, counting Cosmog and Cosmoem separately as legendaries is fucking ridiculous.
Type:Null and Silvally are 100% not legendaries.

It doesn't 'upset' me- I could start making all my posts in all caps but I don't because I'm not a redditor in disguise

They are, but they also fit with the tapus in the "lower stats than actual legendaries" Hell, funny enough Silvally actually JUST reaches the Tapu's BST which is 570, 10 lower than every other normal legend that isn't Phione.

I was thinking of starting HeartGold
How is HeartGold different from OG Gen 2, in regards to Pokemon availability?

Okay, fair point. And cmon, Morty had a Gengar and two Haunters. Unless you had a Pokemon strong against Poison, yer fucked, bud.

Literally the only counter-argument you have to gen 2s is "you only like the towns at night!" despite people who like gen 2 making very good points. Shut the fuck up about the night narrative. You're the only one discussing it and you've made like 4 posts on the topic so far.

>MUH MONS THAT CAN'T BE FOUND UNTIL POSTGAME
just fucking hack them in to replace your starter or your first wild mon for fucks sake, or better yet use a randomizer (obviously with legendaries disabled) which is the only way to have fun in this shitty franchise anyway

Attached: 1543602888121.jpg (351x351, 34K)

You're also forgetting the part where trainers love to throw at you tons of Kanto Mons you won't be able to catch until postgame (Doduo, Clefairy, Diglett, the fire horse, etc.)

Okay, not him but here are a few examples of things that are wrong with Gen 2 because you obviously can't read that people have issues with Gen 2 in this thread.

>people are this retarded

Here's the thing about Kanto. It's basically a victory lap after the E4. You become the champion, now go around Kanto and do it again.
What you will not find in Kanto though, is anything resembling content. The only actual thing you do other than barrel through the region taking down gyms is stopping a singular rocket grunt from sabotaging the power, which amounts to these steps
>go to power plant
>go to cerulean gym
>go to nugget bridge, fight singular grunt
>go back to power plant.
That, from my memory, is the only actual thing you do. In addition, things like Cerulean Cave are blocked off, previous dungeons like the Power Plant and Pokemon Tower no longer are even there, Cinnabar Island is a slab of rock with only a pokemon center now.
The leaders are laughably pathetic, special highlight on Janine, so it doesn't offer much there either. All the pokemon encounters are weak, all the trainers are around the same level save Blue and Red. The only other notable thing you can do that I remember is picking up the bell that gets you access to the other box legendary.

tl;dr, people who try and defend the lackluster Johto region by saying you have Kanto to "explore" are fucking batshit since there is literally nothing to do other than speed through defeating weak gym leaders again.

Attached: Janine.png (1201x773, 94K)

>Literally the only counter-argument you have to gen 2s is "you only like the towns at night!" despite people who like gen 2 making very good points. Shut the fuck up about the night narrative. You're the only one discussing it and you've made like 4 posts on the topic so far.

Literally all of these threads start with the town at night picture though. Gen 2 apologists cant come up with actual reasons the games are good and just try to spin about why the flaws are good. God forbid the new games let you get overleveled but gen 2 is based when you're fighting level 20 grunts right before the elite 4.

This was my first Pokémon game. I can still go back and play it.

>Unless you had a Pokemon strong against Poison, yer fucked, bud.
You can just power your way through like every other gym leader in the game. Croconaw even gets bite.

>Okay, fair point. And cmon, Morty had a Gengar and two Haunters. Unless you had a Pokemon strong against Poison, yer fucked, bud.
No you weren't unless you picked Chikorita, otherwise Cyndiquil's and Totodile's special atk was more then enough too decimate Morty, on top of that, Morty would spam curse which would end up back firing hard on him then actually doing anything useful

Just use a fucking normal type user. I managed to beat him with a Noctowl because all he has is Hypnosis and Dream Eater on one Pokemon, other than that he can't touch you.

SOUL

Attached: Pokemon2.png (820x1184, 63K)

People who consider Gen 2 the best pokemon gen are the only decent pokemon fans.

Attached: 1540773774056.jpg (400x400, 32K)

so you actually got a tyrogue to have perfectly balanced ATK and DEF? nice dude here's your reward

Attached: 1523826204402.png (468x354, 21K)

im so fucking hard right now

I’m sorry but I just prefer the sprites and colors of G/S over the ugly 2.5D of HG/SS. I hate how the DS games look, it’s weirdly blurry looking.

It's good because it isn't easy to get, user! GOOD REWARD!

jesus christ just buy some minerals its not fucking hard to do.

you think because you spend 30 minutes levelling and calibrating a mon you should be rewarded with a personal fisting from junichi masuda holy christ the entitlement. not hard to tell you're a zoom-tard

HeartGold and SoulSilver are legitimately the best in the series. It's not even a question.

Why is night in Gold/Silver so comfy?

Not the point user. It shouldn't be hot garbage because of the investment it requires. Hitmontop isn't any better than Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. In fact, it's worse.

t. surf-spamming sweeperteam brainlet

>just put in an extreme amount of effort for a mediocre pokemon

there's too many monsters to go through with the unique stuff now. Pokemon should have ended with gen 4

i had fun with it, but that’s certainly an issue HG/SS tried to address

I didn‘t have any trouble getting half of these as a kid

Gen 1 had nothing strong against Psychic, did 2 fix this problem by putting in good bug moves?

Probably because they're more a test of how much tedium youre willing to go through rather than any skill.

>did 2 fix this problem

The answer to that is always going to be no.

The only downside to gen 2 is that you cant get best pokemon on crystal

Attached: mareep.jpg (331x400, 36K)

They fixed it by putting in dark types
>good bug moves in any gen prior to 4
lol

dark type exists solely to stop psychic sweeps. They also split special so that Alakazam no longer had gigantic special defense. Ghost moves actually work now too. Bug for attacking still kinda sucks.

Lolno. Gen 2 tried to patch the psychic problem by creating dark and steel instead.

Bugs didn't get anything good until like gen 4-5

S TIER
Heartgold/SoulSilver
Emerald
Platinum
Black 2/White 2

A Tier
Gold/Silver/Crystal
Firered/Leafgreen
Black/White

B Tier
Ruby/Sapphire
Diamond/Pearl
X/Y

C Tier
Sun/Moon
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
Red/Blue/Yellow

Attached: ash charmander.gif (450x338, 223K)

Why did pokemon designs become so garbage gen 4 onwards?

Attached: gen4 arcanine.png (546x500, 216K)

fpbp

Because you have tunnel vision. Every gen has good designs and bad designs.

Did you guys forget Heracross? He was pretty good and the exclsive user of Megahorn at that point.

>muh slow gen 4

Attached: final_5c86b533ce689b0014fb8179_2852.webm (720x720, 2.66M)

to be fair movesets are absolute fucking garbage for almost everyone until Gen4 (or was it 5?) starts getting its shit together.
if your mon can't learn the big 3 elemental moves (surf, flamethrower, thunderbolt) and doesn't have normal-type STAB then it's shit
>it took 4 generations for bug to get actual moves

Attached: 1521015680248.png (465x442, 25K)

>Part fighting type

>Okay, fair point
>completely miss the point you were replying to in the first place and bring up something completely unrelated
>get called out
>Okay, fair point, let me double down on this completely irrelevant tangent

Attached: 1540414134352.png (335x351, 41K)

glitches alone make R/B/Y worth it. Have fun IV breeding when I have level 147 Pokemon and can crash the game at a moment’s notice.

>FR/LG - A tier

>Red/Blue/Yellow - C tier

Besides graphics and Qol they're literally the same game.

he still lost to Alakazam, and bug type overall still was lame. That’s why I said “kinda”.

>>Okay, fair point. And cmon, Morty had a Gengar and two Haunters. Unless you had a Pokemon strong against Poison, yer fucked, bud.
LOL how the fuck does anyone have problems with morty? the AI is so fucking retarded it kills its own mons by spamming curse

that's a faggot argument

the good designs of early gens are very different than the "good" designs of late gens with all the shitty stripes, spikes, sharp contrasts and various other clutter they shit up pokeymen with

Attached: 643.png (1126x604, 405K)

And fixing glitches. And the addition of Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. And Johto Pokemon being added in the Sevii Islands. And better Pokemon movesets. And better game speed. And a run button, etc.

based and redpilled. Gen 2 is by far the peak of Pokemon media, bar none.

Also
>I hate the weak.
The most BASED rival in gaming.

>85% accuracy on a part fighting pokemon
Might as well not have even existed.

This is the oldest, most tired argument of all time. I've heard people say this for ten years. Ten fucking years. I'm not going to have this argument with you because you're just going to post the same images next time a Pokemon thread comes up.

I dont get the point of the image
Its a shitty garchomp and a shitty charizard

He should have kept showing up Kanto, i wanted more fights Silver/Gold' rival

I do not understand why people keep posting this when that garchomp looks like absolute ass.

Watch, he's going to post the one that has redesigned Krabby and Crabrawler next.

>emulator

so which pokemon do i play first including remakes? i want the BEST i dont wanna play all of them.

>gen 4
literally worst gen

Your point?

>I still recognise gen 4 as superior to gen 2
>Gen 2 sprites are peak pokemon aesthetics tho.

Attached: 1531160313356.jpg (1033x679, 41K)

>I dont get
>I do not understand
the state of zoomers

>the DS hardware slowed down the game

Attached: QaYqtd7.png (645x729, 90K)

>gen 4

Attached: 1551985223258.jpg (348x596, 51K)

People who call Gen 4 and Gen 5 the worst gens are actual fucking brainlets.

>post a shitty mockup for actual years trying to show that gen 1 had superior designing scheme with a shit tier edit
No, I don't get it.

I still remember how amazed I was at having both Kanto and Jotho in the same cartridge, I remember my bro Haunter who literally carried me through the entire Elite 4 and Lance with spam of hypnosis and dream eater

>that Red fight
>all those locations
>the whole unown cave
>the legendary trio
>based Joey ratatta

so many memories

Attached: 1529660574417.jpg (1954x881, 401K)

>the only criteria of how we should judge video games is how the towns look at night

>gen 2 apologists

I really like the depiction of Johto in HGSS. It's a very nice art direction.

They definitely did mess with the way it was originally portrayed in GSC though.

gen 5 is fine, don't lump it in there with your trash

Can you guys start spamming gen 3 everyday too? So we can hate it together.

>Extreme amount of effort
>Not really that much more effort than getting any other Pokemon
>Not any more effort than ensuring you get a Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee

Hah hah oh Kay cool

>2000 was merely one year after 1995
whoa shit

tiny arceus is cute
why is it tiny tho?

Starters overall
Sinnoh > Hoenn > Kanto > Kalos > Alola > Johto > Unova

I hated that Lance was back as gen 2 champ, after already hating him back in Red/Blue

Honestly it fel like it

>haunter
Fucking gengarlets

>HGSS over gen 7

I'm currently the Battle Frontier in Emerald and it's bullshit. First of all there is the focus on win streaks, which is garbage. Then there's the fact that you have to fight REALLY gay teams. Like degenerate AIs that just spam Double Team, Substitute and sit and do nothing. Like what the fuck am I supposed to do? How is this fun to just wait for these fags to Struggle to death? The early rounds are too easy and the later rounds are a welcome challenge but if you fuck up even ONCE it's back to the A button mashing tier which sucks big time. Who enjoys this? .

just play battle factory

I also prefer the chiptune over the remakes. The music on the DS can sound kind of tinny and bland

Literally what other pokemon requires more effort besides the ones where you have to be at a real world place at a specific time?

Gen 2 is a trainwreck. Dark and Steel were both half-assed and barely had any mons. For every good mon it introduced, 10 bad ones that nobody remembered followed. And a barebones Kanto haphazardly thrown in to cater to genwunners. Literally needed another generation to go back and fix the useless mons. Insulting.

Attached: 1531704106564.png (1280x1280, 484K)

>Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan
>Feed Tyrogue one type of vitamin the level before it evolves and you're set
>Hitmontop
>Micromanage its attack and defense after every level, make sure not to accidentally boost a stat by too much before it levels up, they have to be exactly equal

I like how there were so few dark. Make it feel special.

I feel you. I do not know how they expected kids to beat it when it gives even adults headaches. How are you supposed to deal with constant status effects, teams designed to fuck you over, RNG fucking you over like that one webm where the guy lands multiple OHKO moves in a row.

Attached: tenor.gif (370x370, 1.88M)

Haunter has always been just as good if not better than Gengar

Don't forget you can't get ANY dark type Pokemon until the post game other than Umbreon despite the fact that they were supposed to be a new, cool type.

>aesthetics were good at least
totodile is the only non-abomination mon
>in the E4
yeah because after half the game and the entire new region you want see the pokemon being used
>Besides, you can't judge a game based on locations you visited in a PREVIOUS game.
of course, that's called comparing
>Whitney, Morty, and Jasmine were all fairly difficult.
i give you whitney, rest ist trash
>Elite 4, you fucking moron. Alternating with Red, if desired. Level 50 encounters in Viridian City. Holy shit.
most boring shit
>it objectively makes it better.
bigger is not better
last point is true, but personally i don't care, but thats up to you

When you actually enjoy the fucking game, you like playing it instead of having everything handed to you so you don't have to play it

Not an argument. If you like playing the game, you like playing the game. Not sitting around and grinding a Pokemon near the endgame to help it not be dead weight.

>This is how hauntards cope

Any happiness evolution
Any evolution that involves elemental stones.
Any 1% find pokemon
Any Pokemon you need to trade for (especially with hold items)
Swarm pokemon
Any Pokemon you need to breed for
Any Pokemon you need to level past 30 to evolve
Version exclusives

Literally most fucking pokemon

honestly better off keeping umbreon or just getting someone else to learn Bite. sneasel and murkrow were fucking useless and houndoom was merely "ok"

Not an argument either.
>I sure love battling with my Pokemon
>except this part where I also have to battle with my Pokemon, that part is SHIT

Or do the exact same thing to get Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan, except making them equal instead of over-levelling one. Are you retarded?

None of those even come close to what you have to do to get a tyrogue, let alone Hitmontop.

>no moves used

How many gen 2 threads are you going to make this month? This is like the 8th one with the exact same image within the past few weeks
gen 4 and 5 are the golden trinity of pokemon games, fuck off nostalgiafag

>Any happiness evolution
Passive
>Any evolution that involves elemental stones.
A single item
>Any 1% find pokemon
fair
>Any Pokemon you need to trade for (especially with hold items)
A single item and action
>Any Pokemon you need to breed for
A single action
>Any Pokemon you need to level past 30 to evolve
Passive
>Version exclusives
Just catch them.
Compared to
>Do a bunch of arbitrary shit to find this person to give you a Tyrogue then micromanage its stats to get a mediocre Pokemon

>playing gen 2 in 3rd grade
>"damn I wish I could play as a gym leader myself"
>not possible
>sad.webm
These were painful times no doubt about it

Attached: 1550691143069.jpg (288x415, 19K)

Fuck you Cradily is awesome

That isn't how stats work in Pokemon. Making it so one stat is higher than the other is perfectly easy. Making two stats equal and then keeping them equal is harder.

There were a lot of good changes to Johto, that's for sure. The new Lake Of Rage with it's rising water levels and rain is just an objective improvement over the original incarnation. Ecruteak had the charm cranked up to 1000x in HGSS and the new music remixes to distinguish Ecruteak and Cianwood were a nice touch. The routes in HGSS were pretty much universally better as well, actually experimenting with topology and height-based stuff - Route 45 in HGSS is way more interesting than in GSC, and having the magnet rail tracks visible on route 32 goes a long way to making it a more believable world. With that being said, I still hold my opinions on how HGSS tampered too much with the atmosphere of many locations that didn't end up being for the better.

I guess what I've really been trying to say is I think both incarnations of Johto have their merits, so I get a bit irked when people talk about HGSS as though it has rendered GSC completely irrelevant. I think both of their portrayals of the Pokemon world have something to offer.

>Passive
Not if you're levelling it strictly to evolve it. What a shitty argument. I could say stone evolutions are "Active". That doesn't make them inherently more difficult. What makes them difficult and time-consuming is that you have to show a specific Pokemon to Bill to get a limited supply of stones.

>A single action
So is evolving Tyrogue. A single action (levelling) and item (Protein/Iron)

>Breeding a "single action"
You legit have to be trolling. You can't be this dense.

Getting Hitmontop:
1. Literally talk to someone.
2. Level it
3. Use between 1-3 minerals of the same type.

Improvement ROM hacks > original games

I wouldn't be THAT harsh. Sure, fire types are lit as fuck, but I enjoyed the worlds map structure enough to compensate for the lack of MY favourite typing(ice types).
also:
>youtube.com/watch?v=JbCtVIDMEAs
0:50-1:40

Attached: 491px-Stalwart_Man-at-arms.png (491x335, 210K)

You don't need to keep it equal. Once it evolves, if one stat grows higher than the other, it's not going to revert back to baby form, unlike you.

Get it to level 29, buff up one stat. It's not rocket appliances. Can't believe you actually need someone to break this down for you lmao

Okay, now explain why Hitmontop shouldn't be a good Pokemon. That was the original argument.

That's literally the best thing about team rocket, they act like an actual mafia group. All throughout the first 2 gens they're doing actual sleezy shit to make money however they can and act with the problems that a group of every man for themselves faces.
Gen 3 was when they started the "worldwide" bullshit groups that are trying to take over the world in some pants on head retarded way that never works because trying to flood the world or make the world pretty.

>there were literally only the starter pokemon and fucking ponyta in DP.
I may need to rethink that games place in my top 10 list.
As for gen 2. I only got to experience those pokemon through the orre region(rest in piece).

Attached: 1548029159236.jpg (480x458, 42K)

Put USUM in B, demote XY to D tier and you're 100% on point

What team are you using?

Change your frame of reference. Why does it have to be a good pokemon? Just because you say it is? You have dumb, arbitrary criteria, you have no idea about what makes for good gameplay, and you most likely have doodoo brains

Based

felt like a whole decade to me

This isn't an argument, that garchomp looks like cookie cutter shit

did you like Spiritomb gen 4 and Mareanie too

Nice argument.
Again, why should it be less good than Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan considering it's objectively less easy to get than those two.

Using a sand stream team in Battle Tower. Bulky Waters and Sub staller rape my ass because my best attacks for them are usually neutral aside from the part Psychics such as Starmie or Slowbro that I can fuck up with a shadow ball.

cradily has seven cocks hanging around its face

>The region is barely a region
Because every region needs to be modeled after a real life country like America, France, Hawaii, England. Fucking retard

The worst part about the frontier in Gen 3 is that breeding for good IVs (almost required honestly) was fucking asinine, and it didn't get much better in Gen 4.

Which is why I want a new frontier, now that breeding a killer team takes an afternoon at most, rather than a month

>why should doing something that takes more effort be more rewarding

Thats basic game design.

That's not what I meant. I meant that the region is more like half a region because it literally just feels like Kanto: Part 2. Which is what they were going for, but it really feels too MUCH like a sequel.

I like how people think stats matter when determining what a legendary is. Phione say hi and others on the filter ban list for gts

Attached: 4717DF63-F00A-495A-AA74-B5C81E6FC726.png (498x392, 295K)

once again it's not any less easy. whichever one you intentionally try to get, you will have to use vitamins right before it evolves. You might even have to use MORE minerals, for example, trying to get a Hitmonlee, if Tyrogue's defense is lower than its attack, making Hitmontop harder to get. It's pretty well random what stats you will get. I... can't break it down any further. It's like arguing with a flat earther.

But you're doing a great job of demonstrating how retarded gen 2 haters are. Keep it up

>Cherrypicking
>cherrypicking poorly

You could've picked an actual boring Hoennmon like Luvdisc or something

But overall Gen 3 has the best overall roster, hands down

BF could be good if they just tierd it so you could do EASY, Moderate or Hard and have more flexibility. The biggest load of shit is dying one time and having to start all over again fighting Charmanders and Nuzleafs. Like c'mon, that's unfair.

Spiritomb was my bro.

>new Pokemon not thrown in your face
>20 legendaries sitting your doorstep
6 barely had jack shit for legendaries and while limited catch and legendaries took up a good chunk of SM's dex, people often complained about the new Pokemon being too hidden or difficult to find, like Mareanie.

are zorua and zoroark legendaries?

While gen 3 was the games i beat the most in my youth, there were a couple of technological regressions that they shouldn't have walked back on. They utilized the internal clock with berries and fucking feebas, but never had a daily cycle. Also, there was too much fucking water. I never felt the need to bust out repels so often in the other gens as I did in gen 3s ocean. Basically, gen 3s map structure isn't as solid as gen 2. But that is about it. I like gen 3 pokemon more.

Attached: 1548093474355.jpg (500x90, 9K)

*Making Hitmonlee harder to get than Hitmontop (in this specific example), is what I meant to say

Okay, but the difference is that Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are both good. Hitmontop is not. Why is Hitmontop mediocre?

Those tend to be the worst of the worst to fight for anyone. Multi-hit moves can work against subs if you get lucky but bulky waters are just a pain no matter what.

UBs are officially a separate group from legendary Pokemon despite the code designating them as such because of SM's limited copies of them, as opposed to the infinite spawns they have in USUM.
They are 100% legendaries.

Nah.

But that is not gen 1 dude.

No, but they were locked behind a rare event pokemon few people got, which hurted their popularity so much they stopped shilling it

>can be found in the wild infinitely
>can breed(major point)
>stats are low even fully evolved
no

>In the new gens, there are like 20 fucking legendaries sitting on your doorstep.
X and Y had Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. The other 3 legends in that game were locked behind events, so they don't really count.
>The new Pokemon weren't just thrown in your fucking face
Sun and Moon did this and people hated it. Why is it different for GSC?

I'd really think to know why GF though IVs were a good idea. They all the time want to causalize the series to make it easier for beginners but still insist on using a system that exists to fuck over 99% of the pokemon you get.

I’ve played Pokémon since R&B, and I have to admit that the DS games are the best. Platinum fixed a good amount of the problems D&P had, HGSS was great save the soundtrack, B&W offered better story and gameplay, and we mostly agree that B2W2 is the last great Pokémon game

>Cherry picking
Lmao look at this trash. And this is the Pokemon that's right beside it in the dex. No cherry picking needed.

Patently false. Look at any tier list. All three aren't that great. In fact, Hitmontop can remove spikes with rapid spin, so it's probably even more useful than the other too. What a scrub.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>Gen 2 defenders hate Armaldo and Cradily
Is this a new level of shit taste?

Butchered the soundtrack, but great otherwise.

>Why is it different for GSC?
Instant gratification has plagued the kids minds

ORAS threw legendaries in your face with Hoopa wormholes (not even overworld sprites) and people hated it.
USUM did it too and people hated it. what are you on about?

Gen 2 fans hate anything that isnt gen 2. Like competant level design.

>Gen 3 splashybois love overdesigned pieces of shit

Utterly shocked

>and people hated it.
Nobody hated it, people were happy to be able to get all of the legendaries and finish their national dex. People complain about gens creating a billion new legendaries, not being able to catch old Pokemon.

she's based and cute. get better taste.

Attached: 3f1.gif (500x309, 497K)

Gen 3's my least favorite. Nice try though. Please explain how Armaldo and Cradily are overdesigned while things like Xatu, Ampharos and Dunsparce are not.

Because they thought the IV system was a harmless system that wasn't broken until IV memes and metas started becoming a thing. they always intend to give players a good mount of control over stats, but they had no idea how busted IV training was and how deep people took it.

Instant gratification =/= not having to spend forever to get a mediocre Pokemon

Would it have really ruined gen 2 if Qwilfish was available normally instead of tentacool? Why don't you complain about it being reasonable to catch flaafy or wooper? Why isnt it a problem that 3 gen 2 pokemon are immediately avaialbe to you?

Its clear that gen 2 apologists just dont care about actual quality as,long as its gen 2. The johto games couldbe literally bricked our gameboys and you still would be saying "ACKSHULLY I enjoy that"

Xatu is gen 2, retard.

I started with FireRed, and my cousin gave me his copy of Silver shortly afterwards. It's been my favorite gen forever, even though I probably spent the most time in gen 4.

I suppose their simple designs and unobtrusive color patterns would make them not overdesigned, but I guess for you to understand that, you'd need to know what "overdesigned" means.

>dude gen 2 is great lmao

Attached: Water mons.png (640x864, 65K)

Reminder that gen 2 was the only gen to add mechanics to its predecessor game WITHOUT also removing any. It is therefore the only true sequel. All following gens were money-grubbing reincarnations.

This. Why the FUCK didn't they make Ledyba and Spinarak easier to get than Weedle and Caterpie? Why didn't they make Qwilfish easier to get than Tentacool? Why wasn't Murkrow easier to get than Pidgey? Why wasn't Misdreavus easier to get than Gastly? Gen 2 fucking bothers me with this shit.

>Let that sink in for a bit.
I agree with your sentiment, but seriously, fuck you.

Attached: 1543732602956.jpg (960x640, 70K)

The thing is the way Gamefreak is handling them these days feel very sudden and unrewarding since it seems like they're giving them to you out of sheer obligation more than anything, which is even worse in USUM since the lack of a national dex means no lore/backstory/fanfare for them.

Following Pokemon.

Good non-argument. Now answer my question in a way that doesn't just boil down to YELLOW GOOD BLUE AND GREEN BAD

my first game was gold and Quagsire is like my favorite pokemon.

But gen 3 and 4 were better.

Ray looks like a toy

Attached: downloadfile.png (498x480, 168K)

Emerald, Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black and White 2.
I say Fire Red/Leaf Green and Black/White are worth a playthrough as well, but the 3 I mentioned before are the actual peak of the franchise.

Attached: 1546774432494.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

That's not fair because Chinchou is indoors at Olivine docks and Corsola is outdoors by the harbor.

You can't even catch every Pokemon in gen 2. It's a complete waste of time.

Attached: GPXE01-26.png (1920x1060, 777K)

You talkimg shit about best legendary?

Attached: 1551739621042.png (638x825, 1.04M)

>Oh hey it's a water pokemon that's alright guess I'll use it to fill that spot
>OH FUCK IT'S GROUND TOO IT'S INVINCIBLE

I haven't finished a Pokemon game since Gen 3. Trying to finish HG now, will probably go back and finish Diamond and Black too after letting them rot in my closet for 10 years.
Are the 3DS games worth anything?

>gen 7 are kusoge
>BW1 is "excellent"
Yeah right.

What you don't have enough box space to house the 250 something in gen2?

Attached: 1541707714792.png (521x517, 226K)

Anything from gen 4 & 5 not named Diamond Pearl AKA Platinum/HGSS/Black&White and their sequels.

Play the newer games only if you're curious about why people don't like them as much compared to the other ones

Bw blows SM out of the water though.

Yep, it's fake. LGPE aren't even ranked on the kusoge wiki.

You have to rely on gen 1 to finish gen 2. Again, complete waste of time. At least gen 3 lets you get everything but the mythicals.

CAZZOOOOO!!!

What is your reasoning for BW1 being anything but excellent?

Gen 4 is superior thanks to HGSS and Gen 4 isn't even the best Gen

Removes a shitload of features from gens 3/4 without adding anything in turn

Pokemon is garbage. You have your own fucking board for the game it's time for you to fuck off now.

Not him, but BW1 has absolute ass for Pokemon selection. The fact that you have to use the elemental monkeys to beat the first gym is retarded.

That's about as right as it gets. If you don't agree with this, your opinion is irrelevant

I see you are a man of culture as well.

Attached: 11 (1).jpg (959x1400, 533K)

Johto's kinda tiny. Goldenrod is lame in that it's this cluttered, clusterfuck of a city where most of the buildings can't be entered, even though in most towns in Pokemon the majority of buildings can be explored.

you have to rely on gamecube games and gen1-remake to do that though.

SS Tier
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

>Gen 2 sprites
>peak anything
Go back and look at them again. A lot of Gen 2 sprites look really weird. The first time I saw Charizard, I was like "That's the best they could do? He looks better in Red/Blue, and those sprites were dogshit".

Yeah, the gen 3 games

user, hold up, a gym leader uses that one. You might actually be retarded.

Attached: 1390724544775.png (960x1800, 440K)

I have an appreciation for fine Renaissance art, yes.

Attached: a0a1a7c5-68fc-486b-ad34-66016d5f8da5[1].png (468x679, 388K)

>The fact that you have to use the elemental monkeys to beat the first gym is retarded.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

>Villain story kind of decent

Not really. Team Rocket was always mediocre in the games.

Why should they be?

Because they're shitmons, so they have no reason to be rare, and new Pokemon, so they should be front and center.

>overdesigned
It's this with legs and angled eyes. Anorith is better though.

Attached: Anomalocaris_prédateur1292366237.jpg (640x898, 241K)

That's no different than relying on RBY.
>b-but muh gens
Doesn't matter when you need to trade from different games in the first place.

Mareep is only available in Gold, you have to trade to get it in Silver/Crystal

Are you okay with Mareanie being a 1% encounter rate? Are you okay with Mimikyu being a 1% encounter rate? Are you okay with Stufful being a 5% encounter rate? Are you okay with not being able to get any new cross-gen evolutions before the post game in Diamond and Pearl?
If you say no, you're a huge hypocrite.

Anything pre-physical/special split is automatically disqualified.

>new Pokemon, so they should be front and center.
Slow down there we can't have that.
Remember how people got a panick attack when they didn't get bombarded with zubats or couldn't catch a pidgey for the 5th time in gen 5.
We need atleast 3 kanto mons for each non kanto mon in each route to give those people a nice nostslgia rush so that they won't go ape shit.

Mareanie is passable because it's one of the best mons in the game. The problem with gen 2's overly-rare mons is that they were all shit like Dunsparce or Yanma.

Mareanie is a 20% call rate rate. Corsola required to call it is 10%.
Mimikyu is also 5%.
There are no new Pokemon in SM that are locked to a 1% encounter rate at all.

Those sane people are going to hate the newer games no matter what. Why do you think gen 2 gets praised for kanto pandering when its a sin for any other gen to do it?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Iem9iN1Ds8

name a catchier tune

>fokken xp bar ding
unf

New pokemon are a reward. Simple as that.

>all those trainers facing a wall
>you'll never know how they look from the back

Attached: 1549677001060.jpg (728x546, 107K)

Arguments in favor of gen 2:
>muh town at night

Arguments against gen 2:
>actual criticisms of the gameplay wit arguments backing it up

>Ledyba
>a reward
Kek

Why though? Why shouldn't new Pokemon be the focus?

youtube.com/watch?v=nU263Ud3LM4
youtube.com/watch?v=mKNXetfroH0
youtube.com/watch?v=M4zqdU7izi4
youtube.com/watch?v=kMcfQSXcZ3I
youtube.com/watch?v=k4puhzOiQW8

Attached: 1522082753269.gif (499x439, 12K)

Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 3 > Gen 7 > Gen 6 > Gen 1 > Gen 2

I look at them all time time user, I play gen 2 romhacks now and then. Really love the colour saturation and the little animations that attempted to give pokemon some personality.
Pic related made the fight with Morty very memorable to the younger me, his Gengar enjoyed blowing my team the fuck out and it was scary.
>Tentacles coming out of horns
Deviantart tier, what was evolution smoking

Attached: Gengar gsc.gif (250x250, 52K)

Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 7 > Gen 3 > Gen 6 > Gen 2 > Gen 1

false, tastes are subjective, but art is still based on technical, measureable criterias

5>4>2>1>3>6>7

Attached: 1521485714002.gif (300x270, 127K)

>horns
those are grasping appendages that are often referred to as arms or claws

Because judging by your bitching, they're stuff people want.
You want new pokemon, you explore more.
Same philosophy as every other game design, you want the nice thing, you git gud and play more.

Well damn, I was late to the Pokemon thread
Any retarded arguments I missed?

Attached: Gold Sprites.png (1120x728, 153K)

You could play the old music in the DS remakes, but you had to be good at the game to unlock it so you probably never realised... yikes, sorry, kid...

Attached: Silver Sprites.png (1120x728, 155K)

No you don't. Only shitters did that.

>you explore more.
>dude just look around in every single patch of grass in the entire game in the hopes of finding a pokemon that you don't know exists and that might not even be in your game lmao

Attached: optional route lol.png (640x576, 49K)

Attached: Crystal Sprites.png (1120x728, 154K)

>Buy new Pokemon game because new Pokemon are being advertised
>LOL SORRY KID YOU HAVE TO GIT GUD AND USE POKEMON YOU DON'T LIKE BECAUSE WE LOCKED THE NEW POKEMON BEHIND POST GAME OR 1% ENCOUNTER RATES

Gold Typhlosion looks retarded and Silver Feraligatr does too. I like how Crystal spliced the two sprites to create animation frames. It was lazy but worked.

>bayleef's sprite remains the same in both versions
what a shitty pokemon

My first game was yellow, and I’ve played every one since. BW2 were the peak of the series, stop being stupid

HG/SS make the originals obsolete

Poor silver.

Attached: 1537936998830.jpg (410x308, 16K)

What does that have to do with his point?

>collectathonfagging the official games when mew celebi and etc will always plague your dex with blank entries

Attached: 1536097230036.jpg (428x293, 24K)

Oh so you're just lazy shitters that want everything handed to you on a silver platter
Well I don't know what else I could tell you to play if Pokemon is too hardcore for you...

This. But part thats forgotten is that you can just trade with a friend if you wanted later pokemon earlier.

Nah, I just want a well-designed game. Clearly gen 2 was the wrong place to look, lol

Attached: shitmons.png (480x432, 32K)

He’s claiming that anyone who doesn’t agree that Gen 2 is the best gen started on a later game in the franchise

>natu
>marill
>sunkern
>yanma
>girafarig
>dunsparce
>snubbul
>smeargle
>mantine
Why are you so intent on using shitmons literally designed just to pad out the dex for anything but filling out the dex?

SOULLESS

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

My first game was Silver, and even I'll admit ORAS is where the series peaked.

considering its character design, there are certain things that can be judged objectively. For example, this Pokemon looks retarded because it looks liked a stuffed toy dino with it's legs chopped off and the color pallete being limited to literal dogshit.

He didn't say that at all.

It would've peaked if it was an Emerald remake

Why is the game intent on hiding pointless dex padding away as if it's some type of reward?

Attached: trees.png (958x288, 36K)

I stopped after gen 2. Looking at the rest of the pokemon games afterwards, I'm kind of glad. Looks like the designs have become rather shitty. 2 was definitely the best.

Attached: Murkrow.png (371x521, 248K)

Nah, Emerald was the worse game

Attached: E-Emerald is better than ORAS.png (648x687, 107K)

>tree grids
>barrels???
Absolutely abysmal world design.

i'll never understand why this board tries to act contrarian but use metacritic scores

If they're shitmons why do you want them so bad??? Clearly they are a reward to you otherwise you wouldn't be sitting here bitching away for hours on a Monday.
Considering how badly you want the new pokemon, it shows that it works exactly. Play the game fag.

>because Metacritic says so
Fuck off.

Nothing contrarian about admitting ORAS was a good game.

Attached: Emerald reviews.png (659x977, 43K)

Because the game as-is is filled with nothing but Kanto shitmons

If I'm playing a fucking Johto game, I at least want to run into Johto Pokemon, it's that fucking simple

Attached: Rodents.png (640x290, 26K)

How the fuck did they all get weaker 3 years after Red & Blue? How the fuck did Lance have dragonites when none of them were even anywhere near level 55?

You only like it cause it's also got Kanto.

ORAS and Emerald fall under the same problem where they're both just shitty cashgrabs that don't meaningfully improve off the base game
Emerald is just what RS should've been from the beginning and ORAS is just RSE with an XY coat of paint

Attached: 1544813440590.png (1024x576, 643K)

>HGSS are gold and silver remakes but added in crystal story stuff
>ORAS doesnt have any emerald stuff because ITS A RS REMAKE NOT EMERALD GUYS

Attached: 1539671013883.jpg (640x633, 42K)

Someone was banned from /vp/

>all these gen2 shitters who think their shitty chiptune is comfy.
You don't k ow what true comfy is.
youtube.com/watch?v=NmpiD3QdYqA
youtube.com/watch?v=i3GrO6kxJCw
youtube.com/watch?v=n0XQMITBQ44
youtube.com/watch?v=xr9KFynxBpA
youtube.com/watch?v=gXMVdtCD_8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=W0aG7kBJS18
youtube.com/watch?v=_9X6uXyylJE
youtube.com/watch?v=U9V5vKZoI68
You people don't know what true comfy

Attached: 1485250992117.jpg (303x567, 174K)

>Always thought that barrier was like those 10 gallon water cooler jugs, as 4 year old
>Remake
>It's just trees
I was disappointed

Attached: 1550475987743.png (405x347, 209K)

>Emerald is just what RS should've been from the beginning
You know the only big difference was the BF, right.

t. no reading comprehension

I can't believe Nintendo Power gave it a 7.0
I was sure it got an 8, or maybe that was just in the revisited section. I know for sure they made some joke about it versus Dora the Explorer on GBA selling higher in one issue.

anyone know if there's any romhacks that include every (or at least multiple) regions?

And HGSS is still the worse remake. Imagine that, your "Crystal story stuff" didn't amount for much.

Attached: HGSS and ORAS.png (787x838, 117K)

Point out where he claimed that in the post, then?

Check out drayano's stuff.

I started with Pokemon Blue on the Gameboy. The series has only improved since then. Maybe the designs have decreased in quality but the gameplay is better now. The only ones who say otherwise are contrarians and nostalgiafags.

>maze

But Heartgold scored higher...
You okay there? I got excel open right now I can be sure that 87>83

>Emerald is worse than ORAS because it has a lower metacritic score
>ORAS is better than HGSS because it has a lower metacritic score

Attached: b29f340634c4a5f4522f3268825050b3.jpg (1920x1080, 119K)

>sold less
>made more money
huh?

Attached: 1529315488426.png (640x451, 782K)

hg&ss are better than crystal
and b&w2 are better than both

Yeah, it just scored below when it comes to users, and sold worse. That's all.

At least the critics liked HGSS more. The fans sure didn't. :)

>dude just ignore the user score lmao
Dumb!

>There are people out there who claim to love video games, and yet they GENUINELY don't recognize gen 2 as the best Pokemon generation
>They're fags that started with gba or ds. Absolutely disgusting, but there's nothing you can do about it

>Gen 4
I mean that would be true if
>Ran like shit
>slowest game in the series
>world design over relied on HM's
>overlworld color palette being oversaturated
>bad soundfont
>plot with inconsistent pacing

>Had to use another post
Thought so.

You're literally on the spectrum.

Yeah the user score is worthless considering the difference in sample size is like 50% more lol.

I made a simple request. You couldn't follow, retard.

Attached: 1549193627535.jpg (500x548, 45K)

Not ORAS's fault that more people cared about it enough to vote

holy mother of CHAD

Attached: the CHAD kalos.png (809x360, 84K)

Y confirmed best game.

Yep bros, that seals it. X and Y are the best Pokemon games.

I mean, if you want to start talking mainline games, XY are definitely better than gen 5.

Attached: Black and X.png (650x680, 94K)

X and Y and Black and White are the best games.

>XY are the best games
heh heh... not bad...

Attached: 250px-Alain_anime.png (250x261, 113K)

>reply doesn’t count because I say so

okay buddy, have a nice night

This thread is cancer and you're all retarded. Die

Why the fuck are the DP and XY anime so top tier while the rest is average to bad?

The only generation where you can catch all Pokemon without much mental gymnastics was Gen 6. XYORAS can complete the entire Pokedex, you only need someone else to help you out with trade evolutions.

Gen 1 was hard because you literally have to repeat the game and trade over multiple times its not even worth it. At least with Gen 2 you had the Daycare Center to breed multiple Pokemon.

The hardest one to accomplish was Gen 3 since you need Pokemon Colosseum and every GBA game. Gen 4 was also hard since there are Gen 3 Pokemon that require dual-slot mechanics and Spiritomb is a bitch to acquire if you don't own a secondary DS.

Gen 5 specifically B2W2 were the first games where they've made catching them all worth it and if you had a semi-complete dex from Platinum or HG/SS its pretty easy to just transfer all of them.

Gen 7 was a step in the wrong direction, there's no National Dex and Alola is missing close to 200+ Pokemon from previous generations.

Why is 87 so common with first in gen Pokemon games? Sun and Moon have 87 as well.

Nope. Black and White sold like shit are lower rated than all of the other mainline games. And Black 2/White 2 were even worse received, and for good reason.

So basically I get past that part of the game then forget Torkoal ever exists because nobody else uses him and only that one tiny cave has him in the wild.

I asked you one thing. You couldn't follow, my little autist. But goodnight have fun with your bedtime.

Gen 3 only needs Emerald, LeafGreen, Colosseum, and Gale of Darkness.

With minimal transferring, gen 4 needs Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, *and* a gen 3 game.

>Route 26
My nigga

Hey actually do you want to play some Minecraft later

>ss aqua drum noise channel
this is completely fucked up, I don't remember it being like this

touhou is bad

I was disappointed by the story and content but the gameplay was at its peak. First time I ever found battling to not be so much of a chore. Fucking roller skates too that shit was awesome. Faster than running, not as cumbersome as the bike. Battles in full 3D. Shit almost had it all, I even came close to completing the pokedex.
And it gave us Hawlucha

Attached: [PM]Pocket_Monsters_XY_074_Kunoe_Gym_Match!_The_Beautiful_Fairy_Trap!![H264_720P][007C8036].mkv_snap (1280x720, 106K)

>since you need Pokemon Colosseum
Not exactly. With Ho-oh and Lugia being event mon in gen 3 they weren't necessary for Dex completion so you only needed the GBA titles.

No.

Nah, Gen 3 requires all GBA games and Colosseum for Jirachi.

Emerald is missing Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire and Leafgreen are missing Pokemon from Firered.

>tfw love the walking pokemon mechanic so much it made me lose interest in all other entries but HGSS
JUST

Attached: lyrasad.png (600x1000, 410K)

Okay. Have a good night anyways

>Emerald is missing Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire and Leafgreen are missing Pokemon from Firered.
All of which are in the Gamecube games. Trust me on that, user. I just went and completed the dex in the first three gens, and I made a living dex for gen 3.

Attached: GPXE01-30.png (1920x1060, 1.27M)

spinarak sneasel ariados and the sprinting legendaries too

All of the unused walking/running animations are still going to be unused in Sword and Shield
Screencap this

Attached: 1551582851133.png (1200x973, 1002K)

Sleep tight euro user.

anyone know where I can find all the animated Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum sprites?

Attached: 1393741898644.gif (67x64, 14K)

Oh I’m actually not euro, I just usually say have a good night once it’s past 5pm, seems kind of stupid to say have a good day at that point

I hope so, walking pokemon was such a useless gimmick.

>When you loved Pokemon when since you were 5 and have played all the games up to gen 2, skip 3, and then 4. But never ever completed a pokedex, but that's ok it was impossible bullshit anyway.
>pic related

Attached: BULLSHIT.png (529x362, 388K)

bulbabedia?

and swinub too

besides ariados, they are all pokemon whose colors were changed in crystal
I guess they knew their colors were wrong in GSC because of hardware limitations so they didn't put any effort into those sprites, then they fixed them in crystal

So what, does afternoon and evening not exist for you?

Completing the dex isn't really that hard. I completed the gen 2 dex in a single weekend.

>tfw upgraded monitor to 1440p
>played some VBA-M and thought "hmm this looks really sharp."
>took photo of screen and counted pixels
>sure enough it's a perfect 10:1 upscale
>1 GameBoy pixel = 100 pixels squared
Looks fucking fantastic boys. But seeing it in a window at perfect 1:1 size looks so fucking sharp it's delicious. Too bad it's so small.

Attached: 20190226_091742.jpg (2016x1512, 1.6M)

You take that back

Attached: 1552111994753.jpg (958x834, 111K)

The only games it's even reasonable for are the first two gens. You have to have super autism to go through the trouble in the later games.

Evening I’ll give you, but do you really consider 5pm to be afternoon? I’d say 5 is when evening starts. I just use night as a generalization

It's only gens 4, 5, and 7 that it's a problem in. The rest are fine for dex completion imo

Gamefreak is never going to implement full 3D walking Pokemon for all 800+ shitters.

It's going to be strictly for the Let's Go games.

The Switch is currently at Year 2, assuming it has a lifespan of 7+ years and Pokemon being a yearly release it'll reuse the same models and animations until Let's Go Unova.

2019: Sword and Shield
2020: Sinnoh remakes
2021: Sword 2 and Shield 2
2022: Let's Go Johto
2023: Gen 9
2024: Let's Go Hoenn
2025: Gen 9 sequels

they don't seem to have Platinum animated sprites but they have Emerald and Crystal
good enough for me though, thanks user

>thinking 4 pathetic islands is better than 2 whole fucking regions
>liking the region with the most unobtainable pokemon

get the fuck outta here

It's reasonable in the first two games because they are awesome, I can still name the first 150 not in a row, but all of them. Only a few of Gen 2 are like who? But then after that, fucking ice cream cones and garbage bags B.S also I didn't even like the Eevee evolutions in Gen 2 so I would be trying to catch pokemon I didn't even like.

do not fucking touch Johto with that half assed lets go garbage

Attached: 1535222222107.jpg (306x311, 23K)

Gotta at least include one year of nothing.

>2 whole fucking regions

Calling either johto or gen 2 kanto a "whole" region is extremely generous.

pokemon needs a full reboot or just die honestly. a thousand monsters is retarded.

Gen 2 was so bad at using its own Pokemon that people today are still realizing Slugma and Skarmory aren't gen 3. I played Silver when I was a kid and had idea what a chinchou was until Sapphire.

That is fucking ret-
>actually a great idea

Attached: 1498246007283.gif (257x194, 995K)

because let’s go was so much fun limiting it to 153

I've always been worried about this
How many more Pokemon can they reasonably add after a few years?

Attached: Ds-huitzil-ending1.png (384x224, 9K)

Also, this. I probably only even like a third of each new generation's monsters. They're not even worth collecting.

No, what they need to do is not add any more, but hone in on the balance of what can be available to use during playthroughs.

The game does literally whatever it can to discourage to player to have any Johto pokemon on their team. It honestly surprises me that there were actually new starters.

They're going to do Let's Go: Togepi and Let's Go: Pichu.

It'll recycle the original Let's Go assets and expand into Johto. There will be a Pokeball Plus again, this time its the GS ball with Celebi on it.

HGSS didn't fix shit, FRLG fixed things by adding the vs seeker and tms that weren't shit.

basically I would just use my starter and ignore all hoothoots and ratata's until I got a butterfree, then have hm slaves and hit takers while I revived my starter, swapping them out until I caught sudowoodo (rarely) Ho-Oh and the Red gyradous.

I disagree but you have respectable tastes

Platinum exists, actually fuck you. BW2 exists too.

It's also worth noting that Gen 1 only had 3 Dragon type Pokemon (the Dragonite line) and Gen 2 only added one new Dragon (Kingdra). Similarly, Gen 1 only had 3 Ghost type Pokemon (the Gengar line) and Gen 2 only added 1 more Ghost (Misdreavus). Made those types feel really unique and special

whenever i saw maps for games, i always wondered what lied beyond them. what is to the west of cianwood city? what's north of mahogany town and the lake of rage?

7th Gym

Attached: IceLeader.png (784x360, 27K)

Gen 2 had the shittiest gyms.

Sun and Moon are absolutely better than Two Fucking Fire Types

Uhhh lemme just copy paste the first two Pokemon. Fuck it. Let's evolve one so nobody notices.

Here's your ghost-type Gym Leader bro.

Attached: 1530077763877.png (539x595, 43K)

not true, I had a Mareep on my team in Silver.

out of 16

>counting the kanto gyms

whew

Yeah because the 15th is so much better

Attached: IMG_20190311_221750.jpg (1782x858, 332K)

Cool learnset bro

Attached: yanmalol.png (451x351, 23K)

would it have killed them to make them 10 levels higher

You'd be over levelled for Red if they did.