Excited for June?

Attached: SMM2banner.jpg (2756x1789, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOBI09WFFBo
youtube.com/watch?v=VSOaBfD2UP0
youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9rVu8j1po
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my levels will be nothing but slopes

Not really.
I came in to Mario Maker on Wii U expecting a endless source of Mario levels, and the end result was that I didn't get a single level that even closely ressembled a Mario level. Just poorly designed garbage, auto levels & overly long puzzle based shit.

I'll be buying this for my 4-year-old toddler! I hope he enjoys it! Are you guys buying it for your toddlers, too?

In all honesty as someone interested in game design but with the Dev knowledge of a 2 year old, why would I want to play Mario Maker over Dreams?

Better engine. Dreams may be more versatile but comes with the same kind of floatiness & slow pace issues that LBP had.

nah my toddler plays ps4, it's the only console with censored content so it's safe for him

mario maker is actually coming out

Rude, they're called Japanese.

Sometimes a bit of restriction can be a good thing for creativity. Mario maker let's you make Mario levels and nothing else. It's nothing but level design, which means you can become really good at level design.

In comparison, the time you spend in Dreams worrying about assets and gameplay and whatnot is time you're not spending on designing an actually fun level

Weak bait. I'm interested in Dreams too, but it's just not comparable to Mario Maker.

I hope there's a way to import levels from the first game. I'd love to be able to take my old levels and update them, but I don't want to painstakingly recreate them.

These anons get it.

Designing things in LBP was long, tedious pain in the ass. Making levels in Super Mario Maker reminded me of being a kid on my dad's PC and building custom dungeons and shit in Neverwinter Nights. It's more limited sure, but that actually helps keep things on track and uses a system that works.

Attached: ItAlright.png (442x455, 144K)

I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't add Ice Flower or Penguin Suit

Attached: 200px-New_Super_Mario_Bros._U_Deluxe_Ice_Flower.png (200x205, 43K)

I was but then I heard about Mario Multiverse
youtube.com/watch?v=dOBI09WFFBo
youtube.com/watch?v=VSOaBfD2UP0
youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9rVu8j1po
>inb4 jewtuber
Yeah I know but he's got the only good videos on it

the game is frankly just embarrassing.
how could a massive studio with decades of experience fail to create a better editor than one (1) single developer?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 187K)

Work actually pays off in LBP If you aren't a brainlet stuck in your comfort zone. Music, geometry,
motif, gameplay Mario Maker is the same repetitive, shit:
>Kaizo levels what with the constant instant death obstacles, sadistic traps, and the abundance of enemies taking up the screen
>Getting rid of the storage forcing you to go on no-damage runs through said kaizo levels
>Camera that obscures important information like collectables and incoming enemies
>Yoshi feels more sluggish and awkward
>Boring music

My toddler is still fine with the SNES Classic, so I'll probably be getting this for myself instead.

Gotta agree with these guys. My favorite levels I made in maker were creating conditions and work arounds where you had to defeat a boss to finish the level before the keys got added

looks soulless

Things I want but won't be added:
>campaign mode that lets you design an overworld and multiple stages
>secret exits to levels
>no vertical restrictions
What I expect:
>Mario Maker Deluxe

A campaign mode would be the single best possible addition to the game.

Sick of kaizos and auto levels? Find campaigns made by people building normal levels instead.

>player designed levels as a core feature
>no curated lists or good sorting methods

Attached: 1526503741969.jpg (399x322, 25K)

I'm more of a Clover guy

Attached: Clover(4).png (380x580, 195K)

I don't even play these games I just watch others play them on youtube

i started watching some after that announcement of the sequel since i never actually played the game.
do people really only make smw and sm3 levels?

does the 3d levels and original mario suck that bad?

I hate to agree with the frogposter but he's right. Community curation and / or trusted curators should be the #1 priority feature.

Attached: 1552069442960.png (500x500, 211K)

Shit yeah I am.

dunno I have never actually owned any nintendo console I don't even know what you mean by smw and sm3

Nah, LBP is just shit to play. It’s not even a competition. Also git gud

Not really. Call me in ten years when Nintendo has enough balls to make Super Mario 3D Maker, I never liked the 2D ones.

Hopefully it doesn't need paid online to at least play levels.

3 and world have the best tilesets for gimmick and theme levels. Their mechanics are also generally a fan favorite, especially given how there was a whole community around custom smw levels before Mario maker.

NSMB doesn't add a ton, so it's not as popular.

Smb1 has plenty of gimmick levels using the costume shrooms.

>I hate to agree with the frogposter but he's right. Community curation and / or trusted curators should be the #1 priority feature.

God, THIS

Is Nintendo paying me to make levels for them?

Mario Maker will be more limited but is faster and easier. If you put even the slightest effort in the end result will be higher quality since the Mario platformer mechanics are good by default.

Are you fucking serious?

Attached: 1454708733698.webm (720x480, 2.13M)

3D levels only exists for the use of wall-jumping.
Original mario stages are fine even though the physics aren't accurate to the game. It's nice that you can have small mario with an extra hit-point through the mystery mushroom

I can't wait for the Yea Forums level sharing threads, some of the best levels I played came from you faggots

I like LBP too, but I would still rather play Mario Maker over it.

Attached: kickstarter.png (349x306, 180K)

cuck

lol. how fucking young are you? not owning a nintendo console isnt an excuse

>gravity at 120%
>still floaty as fuck

im 25 you dumb amerimutt

>Their mechanics are also generally a fan favorite, especially given how there was a whole community around custom smw levels before Mario maker.

yeah, i was aware of that but i just figured people might make those kaizo type levels using the 3D engine. but im guessing the game doesnt have enough tools to make them really work out well.

imagine making this while thinking you were making a DEVASTATING blow against Mario. Shit is floaty as fuck.

>arguing about mario maker, lbp, and dreams
>while ignoring the TRUE best level editor game

Attached: 52019c2af8d593d276463f815c24dbd564ec836a.jpg (616x353, 38K)

where in the FUCK is pokey?

This.

I can manage without, but it would be a bitch.

the roast is real. The burn is eternal.

Attached: pokey.png (16x23, 633)

thats floaty as fuck
you should make a kid icarus game in it