So, what did change?

so, what did change?

Attached: videogames.jpg (499x499, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NotintheMovie/comments/94nigv/trailer_in_the_transporter_2002_jason_statham/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: videogames2.jpg (1022x489, 80K)

boycot games like this or pirate them to show em

Fixed for current year

Attached: videogames.png (249x249, 70K)

Stop caring for western games

>they changed the recipe for the pizza in 2012
>now it's worse and tastes like SJW shit

You forgot to remove the cheese of visual quality

Some Japanese games are like that. Hell, that burger pic on the right perfectly describes FFXV

nothing cheese pizza is the best

>No! it's better! the customer is wrong!

Digital happened

Have sex

t. Incel

These really haven't been relevant in the current gen. They stopped doing this kind of thing in favor of lootboxes.

Nostaglia fags are retarded, newer games have more content then most old games which were 2 hour platformers

Also old games cut content and sold them as full priced $80 Gold editions or as sequels

oh, you americans and your obsession with food

I'd prefer the final, those toppings are shit that I'd never order.

pedo

Unironically the internet. The internet ruined videogames because it gave developers, and most importantly publishers, the ability to push out a "sorta mostly finished" product with loads of potential issues because hey it could always get patched later. It also enabled them to nickel and dime consumers with DLC and microtransactions and every other little shitty practice that has endlessly plagued the medium since the internet became commonplace.

And we're stuck with it like this forever.

Trailers are getting more and more inaccurate, you fucking illiterate cum brain.

AAA companies still do that on top of loot boxes.

Attached: microtransactions-comic.png (625x605, 40K)

Late stage Neo liberalism and sheeps buying a brand rather than a product.

Trailers are more accurate than ever, five minutes of overly scripted flashy cinematic sequences mixed with wandering around a barren open world

based Stonetoss delivering the truth once more

be quiet, penniless fuck

>hating on mushroom and pepper

choke to death on your final

You forgot that the cheese is exclusive to pizzastop

he just says it, he doesn't afraid of anything

These days Pre-Order bonuses are like a side of hot wings. It's extra shit that you don't even need.

Haha, EA joke, DO YOU GET IT?

What was the last AAA game you played user? Because these practices went out of style in 2013-2014.

Yep, you only really need DLC 1 and 2.

>most old games which were 2 hour platformers
Why lie on an anonymous scissor sharpening forum?
>old games cut content and sold them as full priced $80 Gold editions or as sequels
No they really didn't, expansion packs weren't developed until after the game had been released.

You're intentionally missing the point. Trailers aren't inaccurate in genre or pacing, they're inaccurate in project scope, visual fidelity, and features. But you know this already, stop being retarded.

Attached: e05.jpg (498x441, 41K)

Maybe if you threw out one topping that was only shown at E3 it would be more accurate

>Food analogy

Attached: 1552255498357.jpg (480x403, 32K)

Yes, now they just give you the bread and a shop where you can buy a random happy meal toy with the chance to get a legendary McDonalds birthday crown. Then they give you a roadmap detailing how salad is right around the corner and tomatoes will surely be in the game within the year.

Attached: 1539814954642.jpg (540x537, 58K)

Imagine being so poor you can't afford DLC
lmao

Your tastebuds. Apparently you hate pizza if it’s just cheese and you’re not willing to pay extra for toppings. Pizza shops don’t run on donations and a suprememe pizza uses a lot of toppings bud.

>implying the trailer wouldn't have a topping that isn't even available at the end

The crust is moldy cardboard rather than pizza, user.

Sex doesn’t make you start liking broccoli, kid. Your uncle was just lying to get in your pants.

Millenials sucking that shit up, therefore giving these coporations money, therefore establishing a market for dlcs, micros and pre-order alpha versions.

you don't even get the cheese now
Big corporations are saved by goverment and banks, good luck fighting these.

I hate the fact that, despite Horse Armor becoming a meme, things only got worse over the years, with tons more cosmetics being under the name "microtransactions", some costing enough to make the horse armor look like a great deal.

Attached: HorseArmor.png (1634x1048, 3.29M)

>neo liberalism
lmao

wheres the pineapple?

Kill yourself right now, you worthless pile of bacteria shit.

Attached: ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png (413x549, 113K)

Wow nice argument I completely changed my position!

NOT!

Those pictures kinda lack the beta version as gold release and day one patch.

this image implies that buy using all this shit the game will "look" as good as in the trailers which it never does cuz they always use fake pre rendered footage, fuck that shit

fattie

Attached: DzGUgZMXgAAsY0_.jpg (640x640, 34K)

Attached: laugh2.gif (245x210, 1.29M)

Online distribution, inflation, corporate greed encouraged by investors, longer development cycles.

This is DoA though

But he's telling the truth; look at Quake, that's a what, 12 hour game plus first run through? The two expansion packs only began being made after it was a success.

>most old games which were 2 hour platformers
This statement is so blatantly false it's not even worth it to post an extensive list that weren't 2 hours long or indeed platformers, my autism just doesn't run that deep. Either you were seriously deprived of good games and maybe you genuinely believe it either way you're incorrect.

Attached: Burger game DLC.jpg (734x1650, 203K)

I can't think of any games where content advertised in trailers was subsequently removed from the game and made DLC

Attached: feminism in video games - stonetoss.png (625x605, 52K)

Repetitive copy paste shit, might as well be 1 hour

Most old games that weren't copy paste grindy JRPGs were very short retard

Attached: ps4 games.jpg (1595x689, 170K)

>ultimate delux edition

They got smarter.
They can make really unoriginal game and you will still buy it because else are you going to do? You wasted most of your life playing video games so you are not going to just drop time invested into them. Fuck me and fuck you all you lazy faggots for not investing time in something more useful.

>2 hour platformers
Still better than modern games.

FFXV didn't even get finished after all the DLCs, especially when they cancelled season pass 2

what's "modern games"? that's a pretty insane generalisation, have you forgotten all the shitty platformers that were released en masse or does your nostalgia blind you? let's take bloodborne as an example, find me a 2 hour platformer that's better

Once consoles were able to connect to the Internet and have a store, things went south.

I was just thinking the other day that if I made video games, I’d make the game first then patch it every week. The game itself would cost twenty dollars. I’d add slightly new content every week for a month. After about a month, I’d release a DLC which would have content that is the equivalent of four patches. The DLC would cost one dollar. I’d release a DLC every month for three months, and then I’d release an expansion which would have content the equivalent of three DLCs. The expansion would cost three dollars. I’d then release a new expansion every three months (or one season) for half a year. After half a year I’d release an expansion set which would have content the equivalent of two expansions. The expansion set would cost six dollars. I’d release a new expansion set every half of a year for two half-years. After a year I’d release a sequel, which would cost twenty dollars. The sequel would have the same amount of patches, DLCs, expansions, and expansion sets. After another year I’d release a prequel. After yet another year I’d make a prequel to the sequel, a “pre-sequel” (if you will). And then finally the fifth installment to this series would be one last sequel, making this series a pentalogy. The pentalogy would later be sold for $100. So what’s the point of all this? Absolutely nothing! I just wasted your time. Haha! Loser.

>Copy paste shit.

You can admit you were wrong you know, it's better than making yourself look stupid.

Built-in DRM/Censorship/feminist empowerment shit that is forced upon you by the servers. Also, the servers have a monopoly, so you literally can't buy it anywhere else.

This analogy sucks ass cause cheese pizza is better than having all that trash on it if you pick a good italian pizza place.

>promised white women
>get APEX Legends.

None of this shit would be happening if game prices increased
A new game costs as much today as it did 20 years ago and development costs are only getting higher and higher

I made an edit of your pic

Attached: 1552325585040.png (499x499, 245K)

Absolutely this. PC gamers had standards, console babbies had mom's credit card.

I still remember balking at the asking price for the COD4 map pack. Fucking $15 for four maps, I'd expect a whole expansion pack for that. But everyone bought it, and things were ruined forever.

But they sell a load more than they did 20 years ago.

Why do people hate red onions so much?

>'Pizza' is now made of a flattened cauliflower with spirulina, kale and whatever vegans use instead of cheese
>Sold as historically accurate pizza
>If you don't like the pizza, don't buy it!

They're tasteless manchildren

They need to sell more copies in order to make up for their fuckhuge budgets

this, modern dlc doesn't add anything to the base game. it's rarely gameplay content and the rest is outlandish cosmetic outfits that breaks the games established style

Oh god. We're only so far away from console controllers having RFID readers built-in so you can tap your debit card to buy credits.

>breaks the games established style
This is what pains me the most. I can deal with optional cosmetics being available, I just don't ever buy any of them. I can't deal with seeing everyone else running around in neon pink in my super serious war game. Especially when the pre-release footage boasted a clean, appropriate artistic design, which gets shit all over as soon as players are allowed to customise their stuff.

I don't want to customise my stuff. I want an actual artist to make good looking stuff for me. I don't know jack shit about color theory and neither do most people.

>Nostaglia fags are retarded, newer games have more content then most old games which were 2 hour platformers
You could complete it in 2 hours if you were good enough to complete it with no deaths, yet it could easily give you at least 10-20 hours of gameplay just because you had to master the game to complete it
Compare it to the modern mainstream 4 hour games which are basically movies where you have to press buttons to keep watching

>feminist empowerment
Cool, double for me then

Hollywood has been doing that shit since forever.
reddit.com/r/NotintheMovie/comments/94nigv/trailer_in_the_transporter_2002_jason_statham/

This is a debunked lie, get out of here with that horseshit. If you think companies would suddenly stop using microtransactions and dlc if they charged 500 dollars for a game you are out of your goddamn mind.

might wanna read up on neo-liberalism

its ultra-capitalism/corporatism

bro i love sfv

what is he trying to say? is he a tone deaf right winger or a tim heidecker level troll?

Oh please don't give me that bullshit. When you have modern games literally proven to have cut content locked behind a key like the Prothean DLC character literally being a flag switch being "0" to "1" to enable them or Capcom putting the entire DLC cast in the game files easily accessible to play but making you pay for a key to unlock them. Don't give me that bullshit of newer games having more content than old games when it's the same amount of content but charging you twice more for it. In old games you were rewarded with character unlocks and costumes and extra stages or whatever within the game for getting good. Modern games you need to pay for the same content already in the game now.

Also anyone that uses the nostalgia fag argument clearly doesn't know shit about anything. Nobody is ever nostalgic for a shittier time. If there's an actual reason it was better then it probably was better and that's not nostalgia but rather a fact.

he's joking about gamers that are too obsessed with politics in vidya instead of real life. don't think there's supposed to be any deep message

>development costs are only getting higher and higher
Wrong. Development costs are not getting higher and higher(not as much as you think) but rather marketing budgets are getting more bloated.

>pride flag on top of city ruins
is it ironic or not?

IMAGINE BEING SO FAT

>food analogy

that's his point, he's saying they're neglecting all that isn't vidya and allowing fags and whatnot to influence real politics