Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17590752
youtube.com/watch?v=rQItIcu9vvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>4 bosses
>1 weapon
>respawns
No thx

this is the same exact shit people peddled when bloodborne was coming out and it ended up being completely false

Bloodborne is the weakest title so far though.

>2 bosses
>0 weapons
>god mode
look, i can make fake news too

lol

it's by far the best. it wins our own straw polls and is the highest rated.

4 bosses? Even from the latest trailer you can see that there are 6 bosses featured in it

Yea Forums

Attached: 1543807852606.jpg (306x306, 20K)

That's why it's the least played at the moment. Hell look how dead the general is on /vg/.

I still get summoned and pvp all the time lol

not him but nah
both Demon's and DaS1 are better overall games.

With the same four(4) people, yes.

I'll pirate it on PC
IF it's like the rest of their releases it'll be fucked up on PC
DS1: lolz enjoy no optimization
DS2: what's that? Oh there's a bug that breaks weapons faster? No, it's nt being fixed, fuck off
DS3: pirated version runs fine in windowed mode. Paid version caps at 30fps if you go outside of buildings

hmm
definitely day one pirate
will buy a cd0key from some scumbag when it's 4.99 tho

Those are mini bosses

I and everyone else disagree. DaS1 in particular has terrible gameplay.

>1 boss
>no way of fighting
>unlimited lives
yikes

Is this post a joke?

will this level be like the buddha mission from GANTZ?

says who? you?
whenever it goes up to vote here or everywhere else, everyone else picks bb. sorry nigga'

>Paid version caps at 30fps if you go outside of buildings
your computer just sucks

More like Sekino

whats funny about the truth?

I'm sure it is but I'm tired the same shit with a few different garnishes that FROM's been been peddling since DeS

PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

>taking strawpolls seriously
These are truly dark times to post on Yea Forums.

Nope, DaS1's gameplay is great. Kindly shove a katana up your rectum.

should i just accept your shitty contrary claim instead?

Hello.
I represent the entire hivemind that is Yea Forums and I disagree with your opinion. Bloodborne is not a very good title compared to other games by From Software.
Best regards.

its terrible and braindead. objectively worse than bb/DeS

Attached: 15484747781922353425.jpg (540x720, 178K)

Oh, I think I know where this is going. You're one of those guys who hates shields and poise, right?

I be your dual wielding katanas in DeS.

it's a 4 year old Console Game, of course it's the least played when every other Souls game is a multiplat with one even getting a recent re-release

What I'm expecting is

BB > DS3 > Sekiro > DS1 > DeS > DS2

user, let me get this right.
You are telling me that my PC can run a pirated version better than the official "patched" version and the reason for that is... my computer sucks?

Is that what you are claiming?

>No PvP
>No levels
>No builds
>No shield
>No weapons
>No messages
>No covenants
>No newgame+
>No multiplayer
>Retarded story
>No bloodstains
>Only 11 bosses
>No replayability
>No heavy attacks
>Published by activision
>No stamina management
>No character customization
>The menu looks like a PS1 game
>Big red flashing sign to tell you when to dodge
>Just zipline all the way to the boss with the grappling hook
>90% of the enemies are dudes in japanese armor (i.e. not aesthetically superior western armor)

Shields are braindead and shit on the game, but it least you have to time a button press. Poise is dogshit and dumbs down the game. The enemies and bosses are also shit. Movesets were a massive downgrade from DeS. Kick does literally nothing. It's slow. Etc.

>no pvp
Thank god. Community will be so much better, and the game will be comfier

>No multiplayer
>On a 2019 game
Yes, it's gonna be kino.

Attached: shig.jpg (900x810, 55K)

None of my online friends are intersted in it.
I have different friends on different platforms.
None on some of the games i play.
None on steam.
None on discord.
The only people I can talk about the game with is the anonymous posters on this website and that's not very fun.
:(

Attached: 1539519982317.jpg (1920x1080, 122K)

Yep, typical crying about poise and shields. Saw that coming. Not even going to get into that, but what the fuck do you have against kicks? They do what they're intended to do. It breaks the enemy's guard. You must have never used it before. Next time you load up the game, kick the shielded hollows, and thank me for the free hits. How can you call shields brainded, when you can't even find a fucking use for the kick. Seriously.

And you're just objectively wrong about the movesets. Not even going to justify that with an argument. Just play the games.

The only thing wrong with DaS1 is the lack of diagonal rolling

>literally stripping out previous mechanics like multiplayer and stats

>Bloodborne is the weakest title so far though.
lol, ok this is cringe

Shields are objectively more braindead than dodging unless you're using them to parry or are getting stam'd out all the time

Still not as baby mode as magic. But also, who cares, do what you like

>Bloodborne defense squad too busy defending their game on an online image board instead of actually playing their game

Truly the smartest playerbase.

we cant have normal sekiro thread without shitposters cant we

Attached: 1552197130454.png (640x480, 309K)

make a /vg/ general if you want your circlejerk

Kicks don't break enemy guards effectively at all and breaking guards isn't important anyways. The only enemies it would matter against is Black Knight's, Dark Wraiths, and giant enemies and in each of these cases kick does diddly squat.
Imagine needing to kick down a hollows shield for "free hits", Jesus christ.
I'm objectively correct about the movesets. Literally every weapon was dumbed down from Demons except claymore-type weapons. I could get into how Estoc had very specific target combos (up to 5 unique hits) in Demon's and in Dark Souls is literally braindead smash R1, or how Dragonbone Smasher was a remarkable weapon while Dark Souls 1's greatswords are all braindead mash R1, but it would be a lot of typing.
There are even stupider mechanics in play like hitstun being a hidden upgradeable stat, hitstun being tied weapon trees, and weapons sharing a class having different recovery speeds. You don't know anything about Dark Souls 1 and you don't know who you're talking to

Will it have Denuvo?

Pretty much
Game has trash replayability compared to Souls games. Game was dead in pvp after a month

Shields and ranged are broke.
The game is slow.
Poise is broke.
Enemies and bosses are particularly easy and pose no threat to the player.
Movesets have been downgraded from Demons.
Hidden hitstun mechanics that discourage experimentation.

Not every move is going to be effective against every enemy. Unlike bloodborne where a twitch of the gun trigger can keel over any enemy. THAT'S braindead. But knowing how to use your moves in the right circumstance, in the most effective way, that takes a bit of thought. So yeah, you can't effectively kick certain enemies. That's because some enemies naturally have strengths and weaknesses.

>Imagine needing to kick down a hollows shield for "free hits", Jesus christ.
it's actually faster than any alternative strategy. You could just spin around them for the backstab, but shield hollows have better turning speed than others, so the take longer to get in backstab range. You could break their guard by hacking at them with your weapon, but that takes more of your own stamina, and they might attack back.
A quick kick, and a strike, is all it takes.

>I'm objectively correct about the movesets.
I'm not doing this. You're measurably wrong.

>You don't know anything about Dark Souls 1 and you don't know who you're talking to
Oh-ho-ho, and who are you? Are you the fable parry king? Parrying the world, bare-fisted? Seriously, who are you, mr important? You can't be ENB, because he's streaming right now. I doubt Oroboro cares what other people think, or even bothers arguing with others. The only Souls E-celeb I'm familiar with with this much self-righteous anger and regularly spews Yea Forums lingo, is InfernoPlus.

>The game is slow.
That's the entire appeal of Demon's and Dark Souls you utter cretin, slowly and methodically taking out enemies in precarious environments
All the other stuff is basically untrue (except from poise)
>Movesets have been downgraded from Demons.
This is a massive exaggeration that has gotten out of hand

>0 bosses
>have to settle disputes with words alone
>game doesn't actually exist
cringe

You don't even know how the combat in BB works. Plenty of attacks can't be parried and the same criticism applies to Dark Souls 1, except you don't get to resort to a shield. In Dark Souls 1, all enemies have the same weakness: R1 spam destroys them all. It least in BB, you can be punished for this since there are no combos and enemies can DP you.

Worrying about dispatch time with dreglings and hollows doesn't make kick a good or useful move when you can do the same thing just mashing into their shields, parry them, BS them, etc. It also seems you don't know the actual use of the move (it has nothing to do with breaking shields).

No. I'm correct about movesets being downgraded, and you didn't address my points. Not only were movesets faster and more punchy in Demon's, they had more interesting combos, tricks, and better overall moves. On top of this, the Dark Souls movesets have no rhyme or reason to how they work. You can't combo with most weapons in 2-handed stance, but shit like Claymore and Mura have 1-handed infinite? L. O. L. Not only that, there's no hyper armor on the attacks themselves so weapons play very braindead. I mean, I know you'll just deny it and refuse to address this or that Demons weapons have infinitely more complex combos and gimmicks, but it least try to learn something.

I'm someone that knows more about Dark Souls 2 than you and I go back before anyone you've mentioned, all the way to Demons.

Shit game. Thakfully it will be forgotten as fast as Nioh.

Demons is much faster then Dark Souls.
No, the moveset downgrade is not an exaggeration.

>In Dark Souls 1, all enemies have the same weakness: R1 spam destroys them all. It least in BB, you can be punished for this since there are no combos and enemies can DP you.

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)

Well, make an argument.

MOLYNEUX YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!

Attached: 1527107403552.png (247x248, 99K)

>Bloodborne is the weakest title so far though.
>weakest
That's a strange spelling of 'best'.

>I know you'll just deny it and refuse to address this or that Demons weapons have infinitely more complex combos
They don't because they don't actually have "combos". They have a running attack animation and a secondary R2 for two-handed if you're lucky. That doesn't mean it's "infinitely more complex". To say so would be very disingenuous

>Demons is much faster then Dark Souls.
It's slightly faster than Dark Souls. The reason Dark Souls is slower is because they understood that the entire appeal of the game is measuring the environment and the distance between the enemy, gauging their wind-up, attack pattern and picking them apart, slowly and methodically. There is increased emphasis on delays between R1/R2 input and the "hit" for this reason. It creates a game that feels like it has real weight, which is the entire appeal.

Let's compare Estocs between the two games.
Demons Estoc:
>r2 combos into r1/f+r1 (1h or 2h)
>r2 combos into offhand L1.
>roll r1 combos into r1/f+r1 (1h or 2h)
>roll r1 combos into offhand L1.
>dash r1 combos into r2 (1h or 2h).
>f+r1 has hyper armor.
>All combos work in both stances (except those of course with off-hands) meaning there is a reason to use the weapon 1 handed, 2 handed, and dual wielding).
>some interesting combos come up, like run r1, r2, L1, r1/f+r1.
Dark 1 Estoc:
>No combos.
>No hyper armor.

There's nothing methodical about the souls games combat user, and Dark Souls dumbs it down worse.

How did I fucking know you were going to cite the Estoc. Every single time. No matter what you say, that shit is not equivalent to fucking "combos", and simply ignoring the move-sets of Dark Souls weapons and saying "no combos" isn't an argument

So you're like some big deal in the DaS2 world? How so? High ranked PvP guy? Do you mod? It sounds like you mod.

Here's the deal, IN BB if you miss a parry, you get hit. In DaS1, if you miss a parry you get hit. There's not "oops I missed, but I'm using a shield, so magically I'm protected" There's always risk and reward involved in parrying.
Not only that, there's a risk in shielding too. Because the slower you dispatch enemies, the more they can continue their assault. Also, your stamina doesn't last forever. And there are some attacks that will outright squash you. Turtling can sometimes be more risky than dodging, or parrying. It's highly circumstantial.
If you watch new players with shields, you'll notice that they often time lock their shield up, lose stamina, and then get wrecked. Because stamina management is important.

R1 spam destroys all enemies in Demon's souls as well. It's the same strategy for almost every enemy: dodge their initial volley, and then fire back with R1. In Demon's every enemy staggers no matter what. That's why little flinty weapons like the crescent falchion is so OP. Not only does it do a bullshit amount of magic damage, it stuns the enemy for "combos."(R1 spam)

>you didn't address my points.
And I won't. It's like you're arguing up is actually down.

The bait is too stronk... must... give... (you)...

>0 bosses
>9 weapons
>528 respawns
Wtf From?

>Slowly picking apart enemies methodically.
?
But Dark Souls 1 is the game where you have to do this the least thanks to how incredibly overpowered the player kit is. Shields, ranged, poise, and DWGR cause the game's difficulty to shit itself. Not to mention enemies and bosses are primitive and simply don't have the ability to punish rolls in that game.

You can do it for DBS, Katana, Falchion, Gaxe, Spear, etc. I can if you want.

>setting is feudal japan

yawn

>There's nothing methodical about the souls games combat user
In the true sense of the word there obviously is. It's easy to become overwhelmed so a lot the gameplay is focused on methodically moving through the level, luring enemies and taking them out. Dark Souls doesn't dumb it down at all. That game gives you a lot less room to do the classic "step forward, enemy comes toward you, step forward, next enemy comes towards you" than Demon's Souls, and also has more emphasis on varying delays between weapon hits and button input, which is what makes the games' combat work so well

And that's a good thing.

None of that devalues the fact that you progress by slowly taking on enemies individually so as to not become overwhelmed.

>pvp only
>2 levels
>builds are only unlocked after credits
>shields only
>no weapons
>messages only
>covenants dictate everything
>new game plus costs the price of the game
>multiplayer only
>no story
>bloodstains are everywhere
>2 bosses
>no replayability
>heavy attacks only
>published by EA
>insanely low stamina bar
>no character, just a floating shield
>menus are unorganized garbage
>no dodge
>just walk everywhere
>no enemies
AAHHHH FROM HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?

this, absolute drab snorefest

>Bloodborne hate police talking about games they dislike instead of playing games they enjoy

Feudal Japan is cool. I know this isn't a convincing argument, but neither are yours

Tudtling is stupid for starters, and isn't what breaks Shields. It's the block-and-roll away. You literally don't have to think. Enemies in the earlier games couldn't handle this strategy.

As for r1 spam dominating enemies? Yes, sure. Demon's is shit for that too, but it's still not as bad since you can't ignore enemies with poise. In Demon's you are it least forced to respect Thier moves

Not aggroing 10 enemies at once doesn't make the combat itself methodical. How you approach approach and engage enemies is methodical, but all the games are like this. The combat itself remains braindead as primitive enemies completely crumble to the players arsenal of broken shit. It's only in the later games where you really have to start paying attention to what the fuck enemies are doing, especially BB.

>no pvp
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROOS I HAVE TO BACK TO-
*whiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
AH AGH NO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO I'LL HAVE TO GO BAAACK TO-
*WHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRR*
NOOOOOO ANOTHER YEAR IN DS3 PVP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: sekiro FTW.jpg (900x586, 103K)

based

>How you approach approach and engage enemies is methodical, but all the games are like this
They certainly aren't in the same way as Souls, where you can very easily die when having two or more enemies attacking you, and the level design often puts you in precarious situations where a slow and methodical approach is needed. This has nothing to do with how "deep and intelligent" the game's combat is, because I'm not 13 and would never stroke my ego over a video game is. Objectively: they're games where you are encouraged to be methodical in combat.

"all the games" means "all the souls games" user.

Okay so what are we in disagreement about? The guy complained that Dark Souls was slow and I only said that it reflects the way the game and combat encounters are designed

If someone is investing in both high stability shields and high poise armor, then you can almost bet that they're disadvantaged in other ways. Stamina recovery is slow, they roll like boulders, probably aren't even the type of player to have any offensive skills in the first place. Because people are naturally drawn to equipment that suits their playstyles. If you're a twitchy try-hard, then you'll probably strip down and two-hand your uchi. If you're a bumbling fool, then you'll probably armor up to protect yourself.

And this brings me to the issue I really want to talk about, and that's who is actually *playing* smarter. You can say no shields is smarter. However, I've watched hundreds of hours of these games on twitch. From hundreds of different streamers, all with their own playstyles. And from my observation, the players that think they can dodge everything during their first playthrough typically get destroyed. The only people who can truly get by with raw reaction timing, and natural battle instincts, is like 5% of the playerbase. Maybe less.

Most players get goaded by the chat, into stripping their armor off, and two handing their weapons, and they die, and die, and die, and die and die. And you might be thinking right now, "yes, because without shields, they must play smarter to survive". But they don't. They don't have the natural talent to dodge enemies. They have to learn the enemy's moveset. Which they could do safely, if they had a shield. But because they don't have the safety measure, or the talent, their death scores are often 3 to 5 times more than cautious players.

People who take souls slow and steady, and study, actually perform waaaaay better than the others. They actually learn the damn game. So this is why I believe shields and armor are smarter. Because your way of playing is inefficient, and foolish.

>infinite bosses
>infinite weapons
>0 respawns
life suck

Notbing aside from this list of criticisms was correct. They stand correct as far as I can see.

>Enemies and bosses are particularly easy and pose no threat to the player
>Movesets have been downgraded from Demon's
>Hidden hitstun that discourage experimentation
All are wrong.

It's not hard to get 55 poise and an upgraded medium shield and roll quickly, come on now.

>Game's mission is to save your little master at all costs
Mfw

Attached: 1549857931878.jpg (500x500, 44K)

Enemies and bosses die to the player's absurdly overpowered arsenal of piss easy backstabs, poise, broken ranged and shields while lacking the ability to punish roll spam. Bosses are helpless if you dive at their nuts since most of them don't have defensive movements or attacks.

Hitstun is tied to upgrade level and upgrade tree. You didn't know this, but it's true.

Here's just one example of downgraded weapons:

>Fighting to save the little kid spreads dragonrot
>Ending will change the whole world depending on what you decide to do
>It's not just some binary choices that matter
>You don't get some bullshit Last of Us cutscene
>It's how well you play that decides what happens to your master and the world
Unequivocally based

Attached: 1551797569506.jpg (947x647, 65K)

>no coop
>no PvP

trash beyond trash
It's like they think anyone cared about Souls for its singleplayer

Attached: pau-manzano-judge-deathcrop.jpg (975x1314, 522K)

>main character is too determined to lose
This is going to be peak motivation kino

>It's like they think anyone cared about Souls for its singleplayer

Attached: low quality bait.jpg (600x600, 20K)

Attached: 1550130900022.png (326x309, 81K)

Stop replying to bait, retards. The shit posting wouldn't go anywhere if you lot just didn't take the bait every single fucking time. We could have decent threads if you didn't pile all these (you)s onto the weakest bait.

Attached: 1550151987535.jpg (720x1280, 145K)

Most new players don't learn what poise or stability are. Poise is a meaningless word to most people. It's synonymous with having good posture. And even if they notice the stat, they wouldn't know how to test it.
>But they can press select to learn what it means.
That's another problem. No one thinks to use the extra menu options. This is also why they never learn about shield stats. Because they'd actually have to toggle to find these things. Which they don't. Typically, some fag in chat tells them to take off all their armor, so they can roll fast. And remove the shield because it's "useless". A lot of the time they actually listen to that guy, and proceed to play worse. They Just throwing themselves at the enemies, without the talent to play effectively. Dying a lot more, but being fed the idea that this is the best way to play.

Or, they convince themselves that shields don't work, because they haven't learned stamina management.(they don't notice stamina regens slower when holding the shield up) And they don't learn about stability, so they think their dinky starter shield is indicative of all shields. Or at best, they upgrade to the knight's shield, because it looks fancy, and then drop it shortly after, because it weighs them down. These players also die a lot more, though typically less than the others.

So in summary, you have people who don't learn stats, don't learn how to manage equipment, tend to be more impulsive, and die more quickly while attempting to learn new enemies. And you're telling me, this is the smart way to play?

Nah. I try to take the "teach a man how to fish" approach. Inform them how to toggle the menu, inform them to pay attention to what shopkeepers are selling. Try to explain the humanity system, etc. But do they ever listen to that? No. Armor off. Two-hand. Rush. Die.

I don't know about "most", because plenty of players are going to seek outside help and all Demons players knew before the game even came out what poise was.

Do I want the steelbook or the letter opener?

Is the ">6 bosses" the new ">sickdark >5 weapons" that Bloodborne had before release?

Attached: 1551981613107.jpg (680x794, 227K)

Demon's doesn't have poise. Did you mean Dark Souls? Either case, it doesn't matter. The audience that paid attention to these games prior to release, are specks, in comparison to the fanbase at large. Demon's grew by word of mouth. Before then, no one was paying attention to it. And Dark souls worked similarly, however, it had a bit of a boost, thanks to more effective marketing, and the reputation of Demon's.

But today, most Dark Souls players have never touched Demon's. And most Dark souls players came after the initial launch. Also, no one I knew was talking about poise prior to the launch of the game. maybe it was just you and your small circle, studying the meta. But the reality is, practically speaking, no one knew what poise was, and no one knows what it is now. Players only learn about poise after their first playthrough. Trust me. I and others have tried to inform players about poise, and they simply don't listen. The concept is something they're not interested in.

The only people who might care, are those who read guides as they play. Which, are complete aliens to me. I don't even want to count these people. However, once again, you have a case of people gravitating to information that suits their playstyle. The twitchy try hards will find stuff like weapon upgrades appealing, and the bumbling fools will find stuff like armor upgrading appealing. And possibly, they'd learn about poise, from researching armor.

Yep. It's just that. Ignore it, as the boss count tends to get lower and lower each shipost.

Attached: 43292766_407282546473162_5431654156088033733_n.jpg (1080x814, 97K)

>this game only has 1 weapon
>"but passive skill trees"
lol

It has more than enough to make up for that though.
There are also tons of active skills and prosthetics stuff that have way more functionality than the spells and pyro stuff.

>No levels
>No weapons
>No bosses
>No enemies
>No playable characters
>No multiplayer
>No digital stereo sound
>No secret codes
>No scaling capabilities
>The guys don't even bleed
Why is anyone hyped for this?

Attached: 1399081350618.jpg (573x490, 59K)

>"but passive skill trees"
Combat arts, these are not passive.

I'm talking about Dark Souls and the wait leading up to it.
Everyone who watched and played the E3 demo of Dark Souls immediately noticed poise on the Black Knight prebuilt. It didn't take too long for someone (eg me) to figure out the poise numbers and publish them.
Also, the souls franchise is full of vets, tryhards, and power gamers.

How is shit like wall jumping a passive?

spot the DS2 fag

I'm excited, even if I don't care for the Japanese aesthetic too much.

>Everyone who watched and played the E3 demo of Dark Souls immediately noticed poise on the Black Knight prebuilt. It didn't take too long for someone (eg me) to figure out the poise numbers and publish them.
Oooh, we have a real Dark souls expert. Got to play the E3 demo, and be the first to update the wiki with poise.

>Also, the souls franchise is full of vets, tryhards, and power gamers.
BWHAHAHA
The Souls franchise is full of all kinds of types. Veterans, newbies, tryhards, casuals, and.... what the fuck is a "power gamer"? I think I'll file that under tryhard. Because only a tryhard would think that being good at games is worth its own recognition.

Anyway, no one but your but buddies cared about the exacting points of poise. Most people just think "if I wear armor, I don't get stunned." But the particulars of this, are lost on them. And that's even if they noticed the difference. As many people only think in terms of defense. And then they get shocked by the weight, because they weren't even thinking that the big armor would slow them down. Let alone, how much the big armor prevents them from being stunned.

I bet the gaming journos will start calling soulsborne " soulskiroborne"

Attached: moon.jpg (1135x704, 78K)

I published all the original breakpoints actually. I also made the first dead angle video, BS okizeme vids, etc.
Anyways, the long and short of it is poise a shitty easy mechanic in Dark, just like shields, ranged, etc. I'm glad they all went the way of the dodo and the gameplay is looking more engaging than ever.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nononononononononononooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oh no no no no no

>0.68383 bosses
>combat is just bejeweled knock off minigame
>respawn locked behind lootboxes
miyamoto is a hack

Demon's, Dark, and Dark 1 were all adventure game. You never understood this. You play them like action games, so you prioritize twitch gameplay, and whatever mechanic facilitates action. That doesn't make your way of playing smarter. As I've explained before, learning the intricacies of the mechanics makes the smarter playstyle. Dropping mechanics for base reaction timing, turns a smart game into unga-bunga shit. Not that I'm complaining. Sometimes that's the game I want to play. But let's just be real about what it is.

Also, there are ways to advance poise and shields as the series progressed. But Miyazaki became lazier with the game's systems, rather than being smarter. Cutting them out only leaves less variety. Which is what this thread is about. The lack of variety in playstyles, thanks to the cutting out of diversity. The game is literally dumbed down, for the sake of action.

>adventure games
no they are point and click games

I heard the reason they held back review copies is because the game starts out as Dark Souls 4 but the Old One from Demon's Souls gets resurrected and you get struck down and your arm cut off and it turns into Sekiro and that's why you get stripped of all your weapons.
If you beat the game with no deaths and get the Platinum trophy it turns back into Dark Souls 4 and you get to play NG+ with full online and over 500 weapons and armor. Also it unlocks a full Battle Royale arena set in Drangleic.
My dad's cousin's nephew works and Activision

>10000000000 bosses
>-34.276 weapons, all axes
>s pawn
huh????

>soulskiroborne
Why don't they include Nioh in the genre title too though? They're clearly retarded enough to call it soulsborne to begin with so why not "soulsniohkiroborne"

>googolplex bosses
>more weapons than particles in the universe
>no respawns, game has permadeath and atomatically uninstalls itself, also you die in game you die in real life

Attached: 049.jpg (1000x1000, 91K)

That's actually not a bad premise. Beating the game at a high skill level, unlocks what the game would have been, had the story not fucked you over. There's definitely something there. Maybe contextualize it with a crazy time travel plot.

>(182747i)^4 bosses
>Σ(n-5) weapons
>Dying in the game kills your potential children in alternate dimensions

You're projecting user. First, don't presume to know why I play the games.
Second, you don't KNOW what makes smarter playing; you only BELIEVE something that makes "smarter" playing (whatever in the fuck that means).
Third, I never played any of those games like "an action game": I played them by breaking the systems like poise, builds, etc. I was the guy that cracked Talisman first, I was the guy that showed to delevel for Freke, I recorded all the first games combos and publisbed them (every one), and more. I digested the games systems completely and broke them completely. I literally wrote the book on the first game from builds to bugs and glitches I figured out.
Finally, poise was unfixable. They've tried two other versions of it, and they were both just meh. Shields are in a perfectly serviceable place, but not every game needs to have them. They're trying new things, like traversal (adds variety), stealth (adds variety), revive mechanics that dynamically effect the world (add variety). You're not the judge of all variety.

>enemies bosses
>can weapon
>open respawns
doors

BB is easily the best one, and I say that as someone who does not own a PS4

>Paid version caps at 30fps if you go outside of buildings
wut? I have bought version of DS3 on Steam and always had a stable 60 fps.

DS1 has fantastic gameplay, it's why it was such a mega hit

based, other user is a turbo fag

>cow boss
Who thought this was a good idea? One boss slot wasted on a useless animal. It could have been a salamander or some other cool shit.

Because not wanting a thread to be ruined by a few mentally ill shitposters that are flat out horrendously lying non stop means people want a circlejerk, right?

Or, how about, we want some actual, reasonable discussion about the game, not to witness a bunch of apes flinging their shit.
These retards are literally posting wall of text pasta where 9/10 things are always made up lies.

that's why the game is dead

>1K views on the official PlayStation channel
AHAHAHAHAH

Attached: sekiro blunder.png (187x179, 12K)

here

First, I'll stop presuming, when you stop trying to use your "I'm an important part of the community, but can't tell you exactly who I am" card.

Second, someone who plays smart and learns the game. In turn, they suffer minimally from the challenges, due to their ability to adapt. These are the cautious shield and armor users. They exploit poise, not because they read the meta before the game was released, and wrote a wiki article, detailing the exact thresholds. They simply observed how armor reacts differently from clothed gear. And maye did some minor testing. Maybe they read the manual. Maybe they actually thought to press select in teh menu, and read stat descriptions. These people are curious and inquisitive. They're smart players.

Third, cool story, bro. But for all the studying you've done, your lack of imagination still limits you. I can easily think of ways to improve poise. You say it's unfixable. I say you simply don't have the capacity to think beyond what you can study. Books smart, but not creative.

I'm not saying Sekiro needs poise and shields and all that. My argument is that those stats aren't braindead. Sekiro looks to have its own formula, and I'll see how it all flows together when I play it. But it's not the natural progression of what Souls gameplay should be, like you try to make it sound. DaS3 was a giant fuck up, because it tried to turn Souls, into what it's not. A brain dead action game.

Also, captcha thinks a mailbox is a parking meter.

imagine buying a censored soistation for blunderborne and having to defend it from internet bullying, what a pitiful existence! sad!
LOL

No one ever watches on official channels it's always their favorite memetuber that reposts it

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-11_15-15-01~2.jpg (1080x1566, 264K)

how the hell does vaait have 1.3m subs? I remember that faggot stealing lore ideas from /vg/

I don't see how anyone could be bored of it, it's such a rare setting in games

What setting did you guys want?

How are new moves you learn passive? It's literally an active skill tree lol

Cause he actually took the time to put it all together and present it. A lot of people like his voice and the way he presents his videos. Whether or not he stole ideas from anonymous posts doesn't really matter to anyone. It could have been anyone but he did it first or better than others.

Yeah I don't get this either. This must be coming from those fags that all they do is import the most obscure jap titles out there that no one has played and they only do it cause it has some lolis foot on screen for 5 seconds. There aren't a whole lot of recent titles in this setting.

I saw some tweet screencap of people referencing his fan base in a convo with him and he said it was full of those "fuck me dad" types that have no family. Most of these non-edgy YT channels seem to blow up when they develop a following of kids that are into weird fetish shit with their internet dads. It's like a step below friend simulators.

Attached: 1551889548888.png (459x156, 20K)

Will it have English voices?

One is already too much for that shit when everything (fashion, weapons, haircuts, and some of the architecture) looks like shit.

>tfw never played a FromSoft game before so I'll have nothing to compare it to
Looking forward to it.

Attached: 1549333490315.jpg (488x462, 40K)

Shitty graphics, but grat gameplay.

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-twice-3840x2160-e3-2018-screenshot-4k-19290.jpg (3840x2160, 1.76M)

I never once said "I was an important part of the community", because that means nothing. Everything I did was for the joy of discovery and for fun. And I set the meta—me.

And you still talk like a retard about some nebulous concept of "learning" and "playing smart" being some sort of ultimate player when really you have no way of quantifying such a claim let along measure it. You sure as fuck didn't observe anything I'm talking about. You didn't observe how hitstun is tied to upgrades in Dark Souls, or how poise actually works and how much you need, or how to toggle cast, or any of the other little glitches I figured out in the first two games—but I observed them. Not only that, I shared them first. I tested it all. Me.

And what inspired me to do this? Imagination. Curiosity. For fun. And I did it. What have you done, hmm? What great imagination do you have? What do you know about creativity to judge?

Finally there is no natural progress for the games nor are they being dumbed down in any conceivable way or losing all of their freedom. You are not in a position to decide.

>Cause he actually took the time to put it all together and present it. A lot of people like his voice and the way he presents his videos. Whether or not he stole ideas from anonymous posts doesn't really matter to anyone. It could have been anyone but he did it first or better than others.
Not quite right. It's clear to anyone who has even a basic understanding of the lore in any of these games that vaati doesn't do any of his own legwork to develop coherent ideas that he can then develop into solid compelling lore. Hell I've only played bloodborne and I know how bloodborne lore video is incredibly weak. Even if you don't know the game very well, his argumentation isn't sound at all. It's only the voice, and it's a great voice for what he wants to do, I'll give him that, but that's all there is along with a little bit of him getting picked up by the algorithm thanks to shoutouts, collabs, and other random shit. I might've conceded that his dark souls stuff could be good since I haven't played all of those games, but considering bloodborne is far more coherent and grounded than souls, I highly doubt that's the case.

You were right about everything until you started talking about Sekiro. This game is obviously far more complex in combat, and significantly harder and more tactical as well. It's not even close. This is like Souls combat on roids.

Too stupid to read? I very clearly said I do not have a PS4.

Hi! thats where youre wrong kiddo

then that means i can run it on my 760. im glad

It's a single player game retard, they're not supposed to have a "live playerbase" forever. No one ever cared about the pvp in any Souls game except for a very tiny community of autistic people.

>No source for any shitpost above
HMMM...

Skiro is very well optimized indeed.
You can play it on a potato and it would work.

That's a pretty rare and unusual opinion I would say. Japanese architecture used to be gorgeous. Their armors were really aesthetic too, it was just the kind of clothes commoners wore that were really basic and unappealing looking - but that could be said about commoner clothing in every civilization back then.

>fight a boss in a temple and get an artifact on the pedestal behind him
Simply ebin the temple is different color you see, it's all new

I have a shitty laptop with a 940MX, let's see what will happen

The graphics look fantastic to me, FromSofts strong point has always been the graphics of the environment, not small details of characters faces.
Just look at how amazing all the scenery and the whole big picture looks. It only looks less than amazing if you start zooming into the fucking faces on 4K screen captures or something...

>no western dragons
No thanks.
I'm pirating.

Attached: 505650cf3d58199ec9eabf48c93bff15.png (1280x745, 1.39M)

Those Buddha and bodhisatva statues are making me hard. From's art direction is stellar, why can't Western devs compete?

>No online
Into the pirate bin it goes.

That was traumatizing

Literally a series low point was its dragon fights. In every entry since DeS they were bottom of the barrel

Very shitty.

If we compare the graphics between Sekiro and DMC V, then if there is much to be done.

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-twice-3840x2160-e3-2018-screenshot-4k-19289.jpg (3840x2160, 1.75M)

I agree.
They're not the most technically advanced by any means but the overall style of the scene is has a lot of beauty and soul in it. Fantastic art and design direction. It's a nice balance of realism and style they have going.

Are you serious? You do realize DMC5 is like a 8-10 h linear game, and Sekiro is something like 30-50h long so what the fuck, of course it's not possible for it to be graphically on the same level as DMC5. That shit costs money you know, and even an 8 hour game with graphics like that is ridiculously expensive to make.

Well Yea Forums?
strawpoll.me/17590752
strawpoll.me/17590752
strawpoll.me/17590752

Attached: 1521973253682.jpg (188x263, 18K)

DMC has like 5 enemy types that don't move or do anything and tiny level peppered with loading cutscenes and actual loading screens. Despite that, it still has a shitty generic art style.

Why are PCfags so pathetic?

Attached: image.jpg (1106x1125, 104K)

>graphicsfagging in 2019

Yes, the direct cancer that has led to games being as expensive to produce and casualized as they are. FROM has a respectably modest art budget and it should stay that way
DMC environments are ass btw

>DMC has like 5 enemy types that don't move or do anything
That's the most disappointing thing about DMC5, the enemies are basically just AFK.

>don't feed the troll

It's the simplest of the world wide web rules, and fags still manage to fuck it up. Tremendous.

>Despite that, it still has a shitty generic art style.

DMC still has a great art style, what thefuck are you talking about.

Well, you still pay $60 dolares for the game.

I'm gonna play it on PC. Thta's why i'm a graphicfag.

This too. DMC5 might have a high graphical quality when it comes to textures etc, the technical side. But the actual DESIGN is awful, just really cliche demon slime tunnels forever.

It's standard realism shit with some edge sprinkled in. There's literally no art style.

>Well, you still pay $60 dolares for the game.
No, I pirated DMC5 and will pirate Sekiro because I can.
Though once Sekiro ends up being a masterpiece, I might buy a steelbook edition.

It's pretty weird that graphics are your only metric for why you should or should not pay 60 for it. How about everything else more important, like the combat, art design, the level design, lore. All of that is clearly much better in Sekiro.

YES YES HOWEVER

Is it 60fps on PS4 Pro?

>yfw this whole thread
>yfw this whole board

Remember when Yea Forums was good?

Attached: how cute.jpg (1024x586, 37K)

Sometimes, I feel like there are people who literally argue with themselves on this site, in hopes that someone will them a couple of minutes of attention and a few (You)s.

No, not really

every dragon fight has been shit though

No.

>It's pretty weird that graphics are your only metric for why you should or should not pay 60 for it.

I say: "Shitty graphics but great gameplay".

I'm going to play it even knowing it doesn't have good graphics.

Even after you unlock the tenth or so arbitrary difficulty level to make the enemies give a fuck, it's more annoying than a anything because of how you engage the enemies. You can't change this without changing the essence of DMC. However, Souls games CAN burn the candle from the other end, but the result is appearing to be something moving closer the Revengence/NG.

And I say you are exaggerating, it clearly has very beautiful graphics, just not when it comes to details like faces or hair. This has always been the case in their games. You can't deny that the environments look fantastic.

This.
I begrudgingly played DMC and beat it in 7 hours. Literally a quarter of what it should be (shitty game length).

All of the good parts are literally taken from China. Old japanese culture is simplistic at best compared to China.

Even if that were true, it would be completely irrelevant dumbass, who cares where it's from if it looks good.

It doesn't. Only good looking japanese building is the Ise shrine.

The problem is slopes literally peaked 5k years ago with bamboo hats and egg rolls, but it least the Japanese had the sense to mindlessly incrementally improve on western shit like motorcycles and videogames instead of perfecting rice farming methods

True

>Falling for my shit b8
I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD!

Attached: 20lp42ntf4401.jpg (1416x1072, 103K)

thats exactly what the other user said though, user
vaati is not about developing own ideas, the guy just presents the lore in a good enough way to gain viewers and subscribers from it

of course people could go and look it up themselves but many choose to watch a video instead, and to be fair, he does a pretty good job

Considering you think BB is not a extremely mediocre game you are also retarded, hold your hands with them

What's with the shit posting? Isn't this on every system but Switch?

>I'm gonna play it on PC
and so will I with my 8600k and gtx 1080
yet I couldn't give two shits about actual graphical fidelity and will always take good overall visual design and artstyle of HIGH RES textures.

>he does a pretty good job
Of producing his videos with a good voice, but he's demonstrably bad at taking other people's ideas and compiling them in a coherent way. Cardi B is bad at making music. She's great at selling it, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that the quality of the lyrics is objectively poor and papered over by overproduced audio. I'm just saying that even if you don't play the games, vaati's videos fall apart because of his inability to make well-constructed arguments. Again, he's great at some of what he does, just not at compiling lore theories. I don't personally care where he gets them or if he plagiarizes. I'm saying he's objectively bad at constructing anything sturdier than paper-thin claims.

do we have confirmed framerates yet

Soulsfags are still mad it isn't Dark Souls 4

barely stable 60 on ps4 pro, non-4k res

DELET THIS

Attached: 1518327008779.png (661x670, 98K)

>barely stable 60
that's a vast improvement for fromsoft

It’s okay. Some of us are too poor to afford the best souls game.

>fighting for the first time a soon to be a Yea Forums meme boss

Attached: 1551112882517.gif (255x255, 1.57M)

better than bloodborne

It honestly is, too mashy for its own good, zero replay value.

Isn't the combat like too fast?

For you.

>too mashy for me
>no replay value

I bet he hasn’t even tried to play the chalice dungeons

Yeah i actually agree with you. What a pile of shit if im honest. The random enemy NPC's were harder than the bosses.

It's just ps4 users convincing themselves that its actually the game of the generation because its all they have on there.

How much would have changed your opinion if it had online multiplayer?

You sound autistic as fuck

It is objectively like a 9.5/10, would be a 10 if it wasn't a console exclusive 30 fps.

It's gonna be my first souls-like that I haven't seen the whole game before playing.

>souls-like
cringe

Obviously it's extremely different(Which is something I really wanted since their first try is always the best), but it's absolutely a souls-like

youtube.com/watch?v=rQItIcu9vvA

50-60 fps in interior settings

can drop to 45 fps outside

Though the demo digital foundry is playing is a 6 months old so they may make it more on the release version but from is lazy with optimization so who knows

what's worse? 30 down to 20 or 60 down to 50?

30-20

Underagefag

Kalameet was great

Cringe. Next time just say “this” so I don’t have to read your blog okay thisposter?

it would be kino

It's actually
>1 boss
>1 weapon

>imagine bloodborne but improved and with samurai, ninjas and katanas instead of demoans
on pc
for me
hell yeah

Attached: 74652.jpg (1920x1080, 716K)

None because I do not give a rat’s ass about multiplayer period. If a game is gonna be single player, keep it single player.

Attached: mynig.jpg (289x292, 23K)

>WHAT IN THE ANAL FUCK?!
Everything i have seen from DMCV looks like a bunch of super generic assets thrown together. Completely soulless.

>Though the demo digital foundry is playing is a 6 months old
If this is true then there's a good possibility it's gotten a lot better cause all the streamfags said it ran smooth for them. It's From though so drops are usually a given. I play Bloodborne just fine though and it probably has the worst drops of them all so if it's at least that good I'll be fine.

t. couldnt get past gascoigne

GOD I FUCKING HATE KINOFAGS SO MUCH

>can't mash r1 to stunlock enemies to death any more
The Soulsbabby fears the Sekiro.

Attached: 1551959499357.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

More like quinoa

i thought streamers were playing on pc?

Im gonna be playing the game day 1, but goddamn im most excited to see shitters whine about it being too hard. This year so far has been incredible for pleb-filter games

inferior jap weakling getting destroyed by superior western knight

I believe some were on PS4 Pros, the demo that was in the UK.

does time change like bloodborne or is it dynamic?

Attached: day - afternoon.png (1280x1152, 1.96M)

CLANG!

I recall time in Sekiro was supposed to chamge dynamically and time of day affecting things like enemy placements, certain monsters would come out at night etc.

Ds3 is not better than 1 or demons, fix this at once.

>Gascoigne hard
Only somebody who couldn't beat him would think that

I thought the tutorial boss was the only boss that played like ds bosses. This look the same: shitty.

The amount of people who couldn't get past Gascoigne is actually pretty high, just look at the trophy statistics for BB. Gascoigne is also a really rough wakeup for people used to slow as molasses Souls bosses since he's very mobile and closes the gap to you pretty fast. In his beast form he can basically lock you into a knockdown chain you can't escape from if you don't understand the dodge timings.

Attached: Dwfa4qjU0AA7YSk.jpg (638x1200, 97K)

I'd try it.

spoiler this hog

>not SoulSekiroBorNioh
are you even trying anymore?

Loses