Killed millions

>Killed millions
>Destroyed a whole city
>Openly hostile to everyone, disowned his son as soon as he learned about him
>But daddy tho, heaven forbid we kill the villain. He's our buddy now and he's gonna help out at Devil May cry

Why does Japan always do this?

Attached: 1552195883601.gif (480x270, 3.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kfCeBOZHwxg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only reason why he went down into hell with Dante was because he knew that was the only place he’d be able to fight Dante after this

Yeah but when 6 rolls around in 10 years you know that he's gonna be part of the crew.

Obviously but so is Dante

Dante isn't a power obsessed megalomaniac either.

>Killed millions
To save billions.

LITERALLY WHO user? WHAT'S HIS BIG EXCUSE?

Vergil didn't cause the Qliphoth to grow, the files say that it was scheduled/prophesied to happen every few thousand years (the last time it grew was when Mundus ascended to Demon King). Even if he hadn't been involved it still would have destroyed the city. That's why all those other demons like Goliath and Malphas are hanging around, they are trying to get the fruit for themselves. He's a dick for taking advantage of it sure but I have the feeling the fruit was necessary to cure his demon AIDS or whatever he had that was killing him at the start.

It was a different time.

Oh really? Ive been too busy playing it, I should probably read the reports. I assumed he was the cause of it.

youtu.be/kfCeBOZHwxg

The whole point of the ending was that Nero didn’t want to lose his family. That was his choice to make, besides Dante (who wanted to kill him) no one else passed judgement on Vergil. So who did you want to decide his fate if not for his son?

Technically he only half-killed millions.

Like if Germany was already rounding up jews and Hitler just kind of went along with it.

>Japan, WW2
>killed and raped millions
>destroyed whole cities
>openly hostile to everyone
>disowned humanity
>but anime tho, heaven forbid we kill the villain. He's our buddy now and he's gonna help out at making kids into faggots and perverts

Attached: 1550098554132.png (800x512, 507K)

Name 5 games where this happens

DMC5's story is literally about Vergil realizing he's an asshole.

When Vergil gets stripped off his demon side he realizes he's actually a tremendous douchebag, V is essentially Vergil just without the power autism. He doesn't want to reunite with his demonic side and just wants Dante to kill Urizen but he mans up after Trish tells him to stop being such a little bitch and take responsibility for his own mess.

V reunites with Urizen because he wants to change who Vergil is, and he succeeds; which is why he thanks Nero and gives him his book.

DMC is a shonen anime

At least he never aborted a child with a sniper rifle, then turned into a dragon that fed on the tears of children

This was never clearly explained in the game besides the reports. I absolutely love the game but the narrative is quite confusing.
Can anybody explain why Dante and Vergil has to go to their old house to stab themselves? Im assuming the house contains some sort of demonic power left by Sparda or it could be just some sort of emotional trigger to further awaken their demon form.

They don’t need to.

I think it is just emotional. It made a good set piece for the story. I don't think they had to be there to unlock their Sin triggers.

its just a place that carries a lot of emotional weight for both of them, sometimes im impressed at how dumb you fucking guys can be sometimes, that or you are a legit autist incapable of empathy

They didn't have to be there, as far as I can tell. It was more for the viewer's benefit to show their connections to their past and how it represents the trauma that defines their personalities. Vergil sees his humanity as a weakness, so he chooses the place of his greatest weakness to cast it off, while Dante sees his mixed heritage as more of a blessing and goes back to where they were most in harmony to try and truly reconcile the two.
Note that when Virgil does end up combining his Demon and human halves again, hes back at the house again (an illusory version, but importantly it's how he remembers it even as a demon).

It was just a prank, bro.

>caring about the story

Vergil was always a dumb character that people overlooked because he was fun to play & Dan Southworth has audible fun you can hear voicing him.
Also, having two back-to-back fights with him at the end of the game was stupid, should've just been Nero's fight.

Shut the fuck up bitch

Attached: 1538965543697.png (344x380, 250K)

im actually glad, the poor bastard was left alone while his mother protected dante, dude was left alone to fend off mundus fags, dude deserved to catch a fucking break

you miss the part where he and Dante are trapped in the underworld?

Not that user, but...
Chrono Trigger. Magus
Dragon Quest 4. Psaro
Final Fantasy 4. Kain and Golbez, Cecil too if you think about it
Final Fantasy 6. Celes
Baldur's Gate 2. Sarevok
Dragon Age. Zevran
Mass Effect 2. Jack
Fallout 2. Marcus
Warcraft 3. Grom
KotOR. (You)
...I'll admit I'm having trouble remembering any of substantial number outside of RPGs.

Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.