Cao Cao did nothing wrong

Cao Cao did nothing wrong.

Attached: Cao_Cao_-_RTKXII_(Large).jpg (571x798, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QX2Xq5awWCo
youtube.com/watch?v=hI6Tj_PDJko
youtube.com/watch?v=ln1J1-ij-1Q
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQgby8Rb0ImEP4108x04Feg2dBvuDADJG
thespruceeats.com/turkish-filled-meatballs-3274329
turkishstylecooking.com/lahmacun-recipe.html
turkishstylecooking.com/kayseri-mantisi-recipe.html
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3ylcrx/how_and_why_did_romance_of_three_kingdom_become/
youtube.com/watch?v=qvOBLYVWPYY
totalwar.fandom.com/wiki/Zheng_Jiang
youtube.com/watch?v=DImfrqeiy-0
youtube.com/watch?v=xiRApKdGOOI
youtube.com/watch?v=ufwCB8Vm9W4
youtube.com/watch?v=rFA08BJUtPo
youtube.com/watch?v=T7hloOYtrrI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAs7dk_E5jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Left fucking Cao Pi in charge after him
>Who let Shima take over

Then the only thing he did wrong was die.

Attached: 1546021164314.webm (720x400, 2.91M)

He fucked up by having incompetent heirs which led to Sima Yi taking over. Then again incompetent heirs seem to be the downfall of every one, it even happened to the Sima Yi's descendants which resulted in the clusterfuck known as the War of the Eight Princes.

Can we all agree Wei>Shu>Wu?

AMBITION

>grew up liking wu
>as a grown man appreciate wei
Fuck Shu always tho’

What was he supposed to do?

Yeah definitely don't consider a master strategist failing to prepare for forgone conclusions a fatal flaw or anything.

Why the fuck do people shit on cao pi?
The real guy was competent.
Sima Yi was a cooler guy who took the reigns when he needed to,the problem was not giving it back

fuck all three honestly.

But Shu has the best home base, nothing more comfy than the brocade valley, since there was for all intends and purposes no place closer to Paradise than the Sichuan Basin in 200AD

Attached: 1516134426878.png (720x405, 582K)

No, Shu was and always will be garbage. Liu Shan did nothing wrong when he surrendered despite the propaganda saying he was a coward. Also based Sun Quan pretty much outlived nearly everyone from the Three Kingdoms period.

Attached: Liushan-dw7art.jpg (684x980, 610K)

Cao Cao did have a competent heir though. I forget which kid it was since I haven't read the books in ages but if I recall Cao Pi was basically able to gain favor toward the end due to deceipt. Liu Bei though had the worst heir, Liu Shan was a fucking idiot and Zhuge was wasted on him.

Liu Shan's greatest accomplishment was having two hot wives who were also sisters. Still find it strange that the DW franchise doesn't present Xingcai his wife and omits the existence of the older sister. Other than that he was useless and Zhuge Liang was wasted on him.

Attached: Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png (848x1278, 3.1M)

And what of it? Still died in the end, burried in a tomb under a fucking rice paddy in some villager's garden.

Attached: 1200px-Xigaoxue_tomb_no_2_front.jpg (1200x821, 223K)

Attached: Xingcai-dw7art.jpg (684x982, 778K)

Pretty much. As far as Shu is concerned, only Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang are insufferable faggots, unfortunately they're the decision makers of the faction, but the individuals are cool as fuck
>all five tiger generals
>wei yan and pang tong
Awesome motherfuckers. Meanwhile the only cool characters in Wu are Zhou Tai and Taishi Ci.

Liu Bei SPECIFICALLY tells KongMing if my son sucks, take over. Its his fault desu

Speaking of Three Kingdoms, does any care about the upcoming Total War game?

Attached: Cao Cao.jpg (1920x1080, 698K)

Never forget Zhuge literally lived rent free in everyone's head.
>Zhuge Liang ordered all the gates to be opened and instructed soldiers disguised as civilians to sweep the roads while he sat on the viewing platform above the gates with two page boys flanking him. He put on a calm and composed image by playing his guqin. When the Wei army led by Sima Yi arrived, Sima was surprised by the scene before him and he ordered a retreat after suspecting that there was an ambush inside the city.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empty_Fort_Strategy

don't like the SJW angle, will pirate

literally 5D chess

He was competent but he killed Zhenji

>Wei yan
He literally killed Zhuge because of his retardation.

I am worries that its gonna be shogun 3.0+warhammer hero magic

looks meh

>Meanwhile the only cool characters in Wu
Sun Jian was pretty fucking based considering all the things he accomplished including BTFO'ing Lu Bu twice. If he actually lived to participate in the Three Kingdoms then I'm sure a lot of things would have gone differently.

Reminder.
Inherited Fang>Quiet Howl>Beyond the Destiny>Trio shit

>literal pedophile rapist
>bandit who was so insufferable his troops changed sides without any effort
Good brothers you got there,or should I say,benevolent :^)
All sun leaders and lü meng were cool too
Literally no proofs
It's a possibility but as far as historical documents show they were a happy couple,even more than the avarage

he also was the last one with a legit claim to the near-legendary Sun Tzu
F best guy Sun Jian

>tiger generals
Legit Huang Zhong. That’s it.
Wei Yan
Ma Dai
Xing Cao
Fa Zheng
Yue Ying
Pang Tong
There. All the good Shus.

Wu has
Lu Meng
Lu Su
Sun Jian
Sun ce
Ding Feng
Zhou Tai
Zhou Yu

This. Their decisions to include some random female bandit who was nothing but a footnote that got her shit pushed in by Cao Cao immediately is retarded. I'll just pirate the game.

Attached: literally who.png (793x1050, 1.09M)

>No Liao Hua

Guy lived his whole life loyal to Shu.

>that hypothetical storyline in DW8 where Lu Bu actually listened to Chen Gong
That was pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=QX2Xq5awWCo

Attached: tfw somebod pursues me.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

In the game.

>wu had ACTUAL benevolent dudes who went out of their way to avoid bloodshed or dont even spend their money frugally so they can help the state and the poor,especially lu su
>wei was filled to brim with lawful people who wouldnt let corruption exist,their faction helped the improvement of every aspect of the chinese life
>hurrr highwaymen,pedos and other kinds of brigands were the good guys
>mfw even the greentext is,well,green

Attached: ladySunlookingatLiuBei.png (730x370, 355K)

It looks boring and the people behind it have absolutely no fucking clue about the time period.
Which was also true for Shogun 2, but that one had amazing visuals, went all in on presentation, great music and was the first modern melee TW after quite a number of years.

Based historical revisionism.

Shu propaganda was effective. And even now the meme that Shu was the benevolent underdog trying to do what was right gets perpetuated by games and whatnot.

7/8 actually gave the other factions more love. I’m sure Wei has more fans now.

>take massive losses
>it was all part of my plan!
Why was Zhuge Liang such a genius?

>Zhuge Liang gets shit on
>This was part of my strategy.
>Sima Yi gets shit on
>Uhhh retreating isn’t so bad. My strategy needs fixing.
Based Sima.

Like the rest of Shu, it's pure romanticism. Don't get me wrong the guy was a very competent strategist, but he wasn't some 5D chess keikaku master like a lot of fiction likes to portray.

hating shu just appeals perfectly to Yea Forums's contrarian appetite

>loses an important general because of his decisions
>never even attempts the same thing ever again
>Don't get me wrong the guy was a very competent strategist
He LITERALLY lost every single offensive he did,except the one time where wei left the town empty because they know he was coming and used the force somewhere else
He didnt actually have any defensive victories that can be attributed to him
He was one of the most incompetent guys in military aspects
You know how they show zhou yu in media?The really smart guy who fucks up all the time because of his emotions?
That's Zhuge Liang in reality,except he was a big retard.
You dont need 5 massive fuck-up offensives on a single front to see you are terrible at something
He wasnt bad as on civil matters,however.
He would've been an ok dude if he didnt fellate himself every second,actually hired a historican and never even touched military issues.

Based. Fuck shuniggers.

>bandits who got curbstombed throughout the history who only got to where they were because extreme oppurtunities
>vs competent people or even more competent people,both of which werent affiliated with literal kiddy diddlers
Hmmmmmmmmm......

I still find it hilarious that Zhang Fei was murdered by his own men because he became a drunken mess who abused his men after Guan Yu's death.

biggest problem is that CA is already bad enough at european history

the number of euro/american historians competent at chinese history can be counted on one hand

>final Lu Bu alternate mission is fighting literally everyone
DW is truly a based series

Attached: 1551171618210.jpg (720x539, 23K)

>He would've been an ok dude if he didnt fellate himself every second,actually hired a historican and never even touched military issues.
Or maybe the lack of resources and men just fucked Shu's military forces? Shu was even worse without Zhuge Liang, who at least minimized the losses. After his death, they spent more resources attacking and did just as badly or even worse.

Liu Shan was literally a statue. He barely did shit and was like nah senpai I’m gonna read and shit.

>Or maybe the lack of resources and men just fucked Shu's military forces?
Oh yes taking the offensive in such situations wasnt the problem
Or not knowing when to back off
All 3 of his big assaults were for no reason when they werent in that much danger thanks to wu's war efforts
You dont count as a good commander when the enemy can sit on their asses and you suddenly lose your troops
Or straight up ignore you when you go attack a town

He's the one who ended up doing the best thing for Shu and surrendered. Whether he was just a coward or he simply realized that further fighting would just fuck over Shu since they couldn't hope to win is irrelevant.

Still better than a literal,non ironic retard
Oh yeah that happened

If anything, I'd say it's the fact they try with history at all instead of just doing whatever the fuck works.

Look at Shogun 2.
Japanese online actually laughed at just how weird the foreign perception of the era was. It's like looking at Mario Kart and saying it's a licensed F1 game.
But underneath that was a really solidly designed game with well defined classes of units and battle system which won most people over.

Thats why they hire Chinese historians?

I want to pursue Lu Bu's daughter.

Attached: Lu_Lingqi_Artwork_(DW9).png (851x1284, 1.33M)

a stable court is the foundation of advanced medieval development. shu, though definitely more primitive than the others in terms of governance, probably represented the only remotely stable chinese political situation until 1k years later

and because no other chinese political situation has ever been stable, the only equilibrium is huge despotic hegemonies that quickly become decadent like the song

a balance of three shu-like nations could have seen china develop much faster

Based

Attached: 1538957077740.jpg (564x977, 114K)

Stinky

To be fair a large swath of Chinese history is pretty fubar. Thanks Chinese commies for destroying huge portions of your own history during the cultural revolution. Fucking retards.

He's in, right?

Attached: Red.Cliff.2008.Open.Matte.720p.BluRay.mkv_snapshot_00.43.56.500.jpg (1280x720, 249K)

>Zhugay Liang was wasted on him.

Attached: zhuge liang.gif (1276x996, 157K)

They "hired" a Chinese historian like Hollywood movies hire historians to make their movies historically accurate.

Mate, the official recorded narration in the campaign streams can't even pronounce the names. Learning pinyin takes about 15 minutes and it's not like any legitimate historian would come in and go "Oh yeah. You gotta have this Cow Cow guy in. He was really important!"

the gameplay is ass because hte lack of unit types. the only good thing is the macro situation because they hard coded the ai to gang up on hegemons

and then promptly ignored them. they're trying to appeal t othe chinese but the chinese already intended to pirate. if they see that their turboautist history is getting ignored they're just gonna double up on the piracy

Wu was unironically based but nobody ever gives them their due because it always turns into a dick waving contest between Wei and Shu.

the language gap seems to be the more relevant issue. In my class at a 'decent' university, I'm literally the only non asian that could even learn hanzi properly

the failure rate is probably 499/500 if you are aiming for fluency

The witcher guys said they hired a swordfighter but I only remember ballet
But that's false
Just because it was smaller doesnt mean it was better or bad stuff didnt happen
Hell,%80 percent of wei were lawfags

In regards to Total War, CA already fucked up by introducing this cunt as if she was relevant in any way. Chinks already dislike it.

People only care about Sun Jian/Ce and the fact that Wu got shat on by Zhang Liao.

Don't get me wrong, the language gap is a massive issue. It's just an issue that's compounded by the fact that the Chinese themselves destroyed a fuck ton of records, on top of tending to mesh fact and fiction more than they should.

The three kingdoms time period is actually a really good example of this.

people generally do believe that smaller countries are operated more efficiently. do you not believe this for some reason?

I'm not saying the north is some lawless hellhole. but I am saying that colonies effectively serve the function of being able to enforce stable courts because dissenters can simply move further south to make a better living. imperial cores naturally have more corruption/less cooperation. the schelling points for stability all got set in the south

No he wasn't, he was schizophrenic loon who killed half his court, including his wife, because he thought they were all conspiring against him.

Cao Pi was a faggot who couldn't even sort out his own shit. Ended up killing his own wife by forcing her to commit sucide when all she wanted was his attention.

Attached: Zhenji_15th_Anniversary_Artwork_(DWEKD).jpg (2040x3040, 3.02M)

Is Warriors Orochi 4 any good? I saw it for 20 dollars and had no idea it came. I guess they kept a low profile after the shitfest that was DW9.

that's all history, though?

I mean, there's nothing remotely as comprehensive that remains from the roman empire, my guy

the enlightenment itself is literally a psyop to kill monarchs and destroy legitimate history

the chinese are really only particularly blind in regards to recent history. the government can't even admit the reason the economy is improving, so they have to control the 'capitalist' nearly completely because people still don't understand price basis of value

It doesn't have Cheng Pu, but it's also not DW9.

>It's just an issue that's compounded by the fact that the Chinese themselves destroyed a fuck ton of records.

Just like they have during any of the periods discussed. Three Kingdoms alone saw the capital city burned to the ground.

Plus, they still hold a fuckton of ancient records. They went apeshit on the more prominent ones which covered history we're more familiar with.
And that's not even getting at the fact Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, Singapore and who knows what other countries also have hundreds of years of research done on China.

They destroyed a lot of shit, but the extent is a little overstated because it happened during the Cold War.

Incompetent heirs are the downfall of almost every autocracy in history. It's an innate flaw.

>Not wanting to control the most BEAUTIFUL Warrior of the Three Kingdoms

Attached: 1455339272864.jpg (558x491, 57K)

That's not Zhou You.

Attached: Zhouyu-dw8art.jpg (1000x1359, 1.12M)

>man with 5 kids gets turned into a faggot because his name is butterfly on an irrelevant language
>even though there are plenty of other dudes with the same name
He didnt deserve this

it's called iq regression to the mean

assuming the mother is not screened for iq, the son inherits half of his genetic intelligence from the mother, returning every generation to the mean by a factor of .5 the deviation of the father

if you need to be roughly 130 iq to run an
empire, the majority of your children are going to be 115. maybe 125 if you marry the daughter of an intelligent general. but RARELY 130

>there are people on Yea Forums right now who don't think Wu is the best of the three kingdoms
Care to explain yourself?

Attached: 1550622350089.jpg (850x1155, 318K)

Make way for chad quan,the guy who hunted tigers
>The Jiang Biao Zhuan, a local record, gives an unusual description of the young Sun Quan’s physiognomy. It says that he had a square jaw with an especially large mouth, and that his eyes were particularly brilliant. The Shu Zhi, a different local record, says that Sun Quan’s torso was long and that his legs were short by comparison (a trait that Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang both found off putting). With physical descriptions like this, it’s important to understand that the concept of physiognomy was very important to the Han Chinese, particularly back then. They believed that unusual physical features foretold some sort of greatness. As a result, famous people are often described with unusual features, so these may just be inventions to retroactively fortel Sun Quan’s future exploits.
>On the other hand, descriptions like this shouldn’t just be tossed out either. Sun Quan very well might have had a square head, big mouth, long torso, and short legs.

>Best Wufu posting her husband
Cute.

Don't confuse eccentricity and grace with faggotry.

Wei and Shu were the two big factions while Wu was sandwiched inbetween and it did fall to Jin. Still better than Shu.

Attached: 58f06b128f897183ec12a5916927f954.jpg (1200x1120, 464K)

Much better than DW9. The whole diefying stuff and magic is silly story wise but pretty fun in game. My only gripe is it is piss easy due to the addition of magic, you can get entire groups of soldiers and all officers stuck in infinite juggle loops very easily. As previously stated the story is silly as hell but that's to be expected of an orochi game. I say grab it if it's cheap and you enjoy the old style combat and Samurai Warriors. The real question though is if we will ever get another strikeforce game

Fuck Wu. Wei and Shu are based

My only issue with WO4 is how much better the SW cast is than the DW cast. Still a fun game though.

>tfw no scary mommy gf

Attached: Zhangchunhua-dw8art.jpg (2000x2717, 3.38M)

Going to boot up DW 4 when I get home. Wish I had a PS2 to play DW3. I wish I could enjoy the newer titles but they seem to have gone a little overboard on the power levels of the characters. It's always been a little out there, but in the earlier titles hard difficulty was actually challenging.

Why does the yellow turban rebellion get so little love in the games with only Zhang Liang getting a unique model while his two brothers are just generic generals?

Yeah for once I'd like a good portion of a DW game dedicated to the Yellow Turbans and Dong Zhuo's rise in power.

It's so early on in the story they probably felt it was a waste of time to put more effort into it.

Cao Cao never had a chance of advancing on the rest of China after getting his ass kicked at Red Cliffs. It's historical fact.
Shu is best choice.

This. I recall DW 3 being my first one and when lubu showed up that was the end of fun. In all recent games when he pops on the field I just laugh and go beat him before everyone has even finished their scripted dialogue for the encounter. They definitely dialed back the difficulty while making character designs a bit too over the top. An HD remake of 3 would be amazing and fun as hell to play

To be fair it's literally taken up until recent few decades for Cao Cao to get historically vindicated, for example.

It's motherfucking Zhuge Liang. Of course he's in.

Attached: DwpI484X0AEMcGr.jpg large.jpg (1181x1181, 252K)

Yellow Turban then Dong Zhou have the best lineups though. You get Cao Cao, Liu Bei along eith his brother's, and Sun Jian all working on the same side just to name a few. It's not like it was lacking in heroes or anything. They just seem to not care because they instead invested time into Jin which only matters at the end of the kingdoms. They have enough characters to make a Yellow Turban, Dong Zhou, or even Yuan Shao army that could have their own "What If" storylines. I love the games and will always play the new ones but I would enjoy seeing the early parts of the era fleshed out a bit more now and then as opposed to all the same battles each game has.

he didn't let the doctor fixed his headache/cancer instead he killed him

Narrator for ALL official Total War videos has been horrendous and I have no idea why they keep giving the job to him. He's so disinterested and monotone or going completely overboard at inopportune moments.

his youngest son but cao pi or sima yi killed him

It's an outright fantasy game with focus on heroes. Hell, "historical" mode just gives them units so they're even more powerful.

>Empty Fort Strategy
when your charisma is high
youtube.com/watch?v=hI6Tj_PDJko

What the FUCK even happened with DW9? It's like literally everything that could went wrong.

Attached: DW9-famitsu.jpg (1043x1069, 400K)

Never forget that Zhuge Liang caused more Shu soldier deaths than any enemy general. What an amazing """tactician"""

why wouldn't he, he lived rent free on sima yi head

The open world is vast as an ocean yet shallow as a puddle. It's cool in concept but riding your horse back and forth long distances with nothing to do but stare at trees popping in the distance is not fun at all. Im sure they'll improve from here with how poorly it was received, if you recall with 6 they changed the combat and it was a bit of a shit show but they figured it out. In time I'm sure they can make it with with side missions or something. Also get the original English voice actors back. They weren't amazing but the ones they use for 9 are the worst I've heard in a long time.

The alternate routes were the best part of the DW8. Why they took it out in DW9 I'll never know. Then again DW9 in general was a pretty big fuck up.

Cao Cao dd literally nothing that everyone else wasn't doing as well. In fact, he didn't even proclaim himself the emperor like some others did. All the shit came his way because he did for himself and not to restore the corrupt Han.

Hypothetical routes are in DW9. They're just, you know, selling them as DLC alongside characters.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 53K)

What are you talking about? Well not complete by any stretch of the imagination, the history of the Roman empire is still incredibly comprehensive thanks to the preservation of records, art, and even structures. It helps that it was a damn near continent wide effort by Europe, something that can't be said about China and its neighbors. I'd even go as far as arguing that Roman history is 'more complete' and 'more accurate' than its ancient Chinese counterpart.

>enlightenment itself is literally a psyop to kill monarchs and destroy legitimate history.
I'd disagree with that. My main issue with the enlightenment is with its popular modern conception. The issue with the modern idea of the enlightenment, and this extends to the earlier renaissance as well, is that it's divorced from the idea of God and the divine. The bulk renaissance and enlightenment thinkers have their framework based on the conception of God and the divine, and when your that all of their beliefs and idea begin to fall apart.

Still a shame to see it go regardless. It's always a tragedy to lose any part the past. I just enjoy harping on the Chinese because I don't like them.

i agree that the narrations have been fucking dogshit at pronunciation but dont act like the absolutely fucked nonsense of pinyin can fully be understood in 15 minutes

Cow Cow>Cao Cao

There's the using the emperor and dealing executions a bit frugally but yeah.

I mean sure, but in hindsight DW6 got an overblown. DW9 is much much worse and easily the worst mainline entry yet. Say what you want about Renbu combat changes, but they pale in comparison to absolute grounds up changed combat in 9.

The best part of 3 Kingdoms is they all failed in the end. Anyone who hasnt read the book needs to. Many leaders have used it for their military conquests including people like chairman mao.

>I'd even go as far as arguing that Roman history is 'more complete' and 'more accurate' than its ancient Chinese counterpart.

Nah, it's just presented that way. The reality is much more spotty.

Just like Three Kingdoms is often presented as a done deal in the common Asian media despite them researching and unearthing new things to this day.

> Saw gif
> Expected meme
> Got bad mspaint story

My disappointment is immense.

>there will never be a game covering the absolute clusterfuck that was the war of eight princes
It's not fair bros

>I'd even go as far as arguing that Roman history is 'more complete' and 'more accurate' than its ancient Chinese counterpart.
Just because the media we are exposed of shows them and there are better and more translations to english doesnt change the facts really.
3K isnt that unknown of an era and the first reason some parts are spotty is because zhuge liang decided that historians were for chums and recorded shit himself,all the while inserting his own ideas so the smallest and most unimportant faction has some missing data and Cao Zhang hated wimmin so much that we dont have much info about the women of the period as he went on to delete them from the records.
That's it,the rest arent unkown.We seriously need more historians to properly translate and put the said stuff on layman's terms for the general public to understand better.
Good thing there are more sources for my mother language and have contacts

The other section really needs some work. I remember wanting the two guys that put a spell on Sun Ce and this butthead among Donb's group. Dong in general had a notable number of officers under his belt.

Attached: 8t8T1QD.png (720x1030, 1.47M)

>itt uneducated retards bashing on cao pi because most of his biographies werent translated to english till this decade
Go up and read stuff about him again.
He's a weirdo and a kinky one who believed in magic sex but he's a rad dude and was actually a good leader.

Never forget that he may have invented the pork bun.

>Many leaders have used it for their military conquests including people like chairman mao.

My favorite will always be the absolute boner Nobunaga had for the work. Like, he literally went around and called some of his retainers by names from 3K he thought best fit them. Literally enacted strategies straight out of the romance and succeeded with them.

And in the end it all fell apart when historians named the period after the Warring States period, instead.

user,dont believe his lies
The cunt claims to have invented like 20 different things including THE FUCKING WHEELBARROW
He might've been one of the first guys to use it as a way to move supplies on the battlefront,however.

>The other section really needs some work
Feel the same way.

Attached: Zhurong-dw8art.jpg (2000x2717, 3.69M)

Look I'll be honest user. I just really want to talk about steamed chinese food.

I hate how /ck/ was one of the boards with the fastest quality drop
It's filled with unironic facebookfrogs and wojaks nowadays despite not being one of the fast boards or actually having any relevancy to newfags
At least you can make porkbuns at home with some effort.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=ln1J1-ij-1Q

Attached: cao cao.gif (340x257, 904K)

Not the same user but honestly I know basically nothing about Nobunaga other than he was a westaboo. Source for the ROTK thing? I'm curious to read more about him.

It's not all gloom and doom but you are correct. Any semi-popular board always slowly goes to shit. I have made my own pork buns and they turned out nicely. The dough was a little bit more sweeter than I wanted but I just added more pork and chicken to the bun.

Preparing the perfect dough is harder than most people give credit for.Just be willing to change up the recipe from time to time.
You ever tried baking them instead?I prefer steamed,but baked pork buns are generally fine too.
You should try making spring rolls sometime,totally underrated food.Try adding minced meat and a little bit onion+carrot instead of other vegetables after making some normal ones,they taste delicious.
Keep some s o-y sauce handy too.

Today we will use the Burning Men of Shu tactic

To be fair the best shu is a dead shu

Spring rolls are easy for me to make since family is asian. However for the longest time steamed buns and steamed sticky rice dumplings evaded me until I asked my mother who was like "Yeah of course I know how to make them." Not once did she ever make it at home in 3 damn decades.

Lu "GODSLAYER" Meng was the best boy

Wei Yan too

Attached: Guan Yu's head in a shubox.jpg (720x400, 25K)

What's the best way to get into Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Should I read the book or watch the TV series?

Better yet,find a way to get in to the actual history because it's even cooler but yeah,2010 tv series is the best and easiest way to get in.
Otherwise just get dw7 or 8.

how about fighting a naval encounter with a fucking Army? seriously, he should've stayed in Jing and built up his marines before pursuing Liu Bei. what the hell was he gonna do? Bleed on him?

> he didn't let a quack perform head surgery on him
> in medieval China
> somehow this is his fault

too bad aside from lu bu and friends they are all literal whos with no interesting back story or achievements

I'm reporting you for trying to discuss video games on my shitposting channel. >Not making your own faction with your ugly as CC

You can say that for most of Shu and Zhu "Outback Steakhouse" Ran.

Attached: Zhu Ran Live.webm (720x720, 2.96M)

Fact

Attached: 1503287523453.jpg (1024x2725, 2.45M)

Steaming is an alien concept to most because it's no longer used as often.There are plenty of steamed stuff in my cuisine so it wasn't that hard for me.
Try some other cuisines too then,branching out is often fun.
Here are some easy yet cool non steamed recipes if you want.I havent really checked the websites or the recipes but they are stuff I already know and tried.
thespruceeats.com/turkish-filled-meatballs-3274329
turkishstylecooking.com/lahmacun-recipe.html
turkishstylecooking.com/kayseri-mantisi-recipe.html

I first got into ROTK via Yokoyama Mitsuteru's Sangokushi manga if you're into that. It's one of the best titles I've ever read.

Sadly, Sengoku Japan is even less accessible than Three Kingdoms and English sources are largely nonexistent.

Here's a little snippet about the reuse of tactics.
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3ylcrx/how_and_why_did_romance_of_three_kingdom_become/

The forementioned Takenaka Hanbei even re-enacted that brotherly vow by the trio from Three Kingdoms with 'monkey' Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

If you want to get into it, I think your best bet is to get a general idea from some anime/manga/game whatever and only then expand on it with actual historical research, because you will have to buy actual books no fuck has ever bothered to scan. Or learn Japanese.

>diao chan
>not as good
huh

It's even funnier that the real lü meng was even more of a badass.Dude was like a real life anime character.
Deng Ai,Zhang Liao and Sima Yi are honorary animu too
Daily reminder that Xu Chu wrestled fully grown oxes
Daily reminder that both Sun Jian and Sun Ce were shounen heroes too
Daily reminder that Sun Quan was a really weird motherfucker

Totally forgot Guo Hai as the comic relief character that end up wreaking havok too
Although he's less of a comic relief and a dude who got ill on a terrible occasion which resulted in his guilt issue

DW9 unironically has the most fun combat system in the series and it would be a shame if it got canned in DW10 just cause people complained about the open world

Are there any Sengoku manga epics similar to Kingdom or Sangokushi - as in they're somewhat historically accurate (or at least follow a certain source like the Shiji and the Romance respectively) and go through the whole time period?
I've read my fair share of series that take place in Sengoku-era Japan but they don't really have the same feel to them as the two previously mentioned titles. I think the closest is Hyouge Mono but even that is not really the same thing, just somewhat similar.
Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

Yeah it was a really good manga but keep in mind that it's even more fantasy than the real rotk

They're adding back weapons through expensive DLC. I don't think it's going anytime soon.

I like DW9

Anyone played the Koei's ROTK strategy games?
How's ROTK XIII on Steam?

Attached: 9446474cd292a70de19fc28a339bb118.png (432x314, 36K)

:O

Attached: debate.webm (1100x618, 2.89M)

Koei gonna keep fucking things up as usual, game's been out for just a year and they're already on their "third" season pass lmao
If DW10 declones everyone and adds more moves it could legit be fucking amazing, don't really care about open world vs stages as long as what they end up doing isn't shite
DW9 combat being good is also highly dependent on the gems you had though, to do all the crazy DMC shit you had to have a ton of wind ones on which kinda nullified the point of the other elements. Hopefully they make it more accessible next time.

Any handy guides for a rookie? Fukken sleeping dogs have made me moist for for them several years but they're as alien as a competent government up here in north yurop

Thanks user!

Weren't they? Sounds like he was right, just that there was collateral damage

Speaking of ROTK media, pic related is pretty damn good. Revolves around Sima Yi as the main character. But obviously it's liberal in it's interpretation of the events for example in these Sima Yi and Zhou You are friends who gradually become enemies and Diao Chan is a trap.

Attached: ravages of time.jpg (1200x925, 361K)

>Gan Ning
>Not cool
I don't care how late this response is, fuck you.

Sure, I consider it an accessible and really enjoyable entry point into the time period more than anything else.
I know it has its fair share of historical inaccuracies and that the first volume is glorified fanfiction but I like it nonetheless. IIRC Hox wrote about the topic when he was working on the series.

I cannot see that being factual, even on a subjective basis

Attached: Explain.png (526x700, 486K)

I haven't played these games since DW4, so decided to pick up DW8 XL since it was on special.

Boy these games haven't changed one bit.

Lu Bu halberd sweeps are still as satisfying as ever, but fuck me that low camera positioning.

I bought every volume but man it sure is getting repetitive or rather it's been repetitive for quite a while

Attached: 1530191218174.png (800x5424, 2.7M)

>Zhou You
Meant Zhao Yun not Zhou Yu. I still can't stop mixing these two fags up sometimes.

Yeah it does drag on which is unfortunate. The art is top tier though which helps keep interest.

Just about any recipe you can find in google is ok,the problem is general inexperience you might have with cooking and/or the materials.
I tend to just look at recipe pages and deal with whatever shitty food comes out till I understand/improve,so can't really suggest many video guides anyways.
Just checked this for you and it seems a detailed and simple enough guide so try this.
youtube.com/watch?v=qvOBLYVWPYY

These games are getting too easy now.

Attached: clearing crowd.webm (800x450, 2.87M)

>Boy these games haven't changed one bit.
dw9....

I've seen stuff that tries to correct as much common misconceptions about the intricacies of the period, but nothing directly from Nobunaga's perspective (i.e. you usually get a character who ends up joining the historical lot).
Not saying there isn't one, I just don't know about it.

>pick up DW8 XL
Did the same two days ago during the sale. Would never buy it for 50 bucks, but 15? Given the amount of content it has I'd say it was a good deal. The last DW I played was 6 which before 9 came along was considered the worst DW.

>Boy these games haven't changed one bit.
DW9

Hesitant. Not happy they included some unimportant cunt and Zhang Yang instead of actual warlords like Liu Zhang or Liu Yao. This just screams to me that they have no idea what they're actually fucking doing, and in a historical game like this that annoys me.

>Random bandit factions tee hee
>Yellow turbans are actually saints tee hee

Attached: 054.png (300x300, 141K)

well be a man and use the rotk characters instead because they fucking suck ass in the game

DLC

>Liu Zhang or Liu Yao
ackchyually both of them are in the game tho Liu Yao has a generic model

Attached: rjgt4d8ih0bf.jpg (858x1271, 268K)

I'm just reading now that Tao Qian, those two and Han Sui are all in game but AI. Yet we have some unofficial female bandit warrior and Zhang Yan?

That's honestly disappointing.

>the Gan Ning went from looking cool as fuck to some high school punk.
>Tfw Wufag but waifu is a Weird girl

she is playable? or just some fodder for us to push their shit in

That's pretty neat, thanks my dude. I'll also try my hand at some jap stuff via the FFXV menu some guy autistically recreated and uploaded, in case you know of that one

totalwar.fandom.com/wiki/Zheng_Jiang

This literally who bitch is a playable faction while other more important warlords aren't.

Sun Quan got a lot cooler when they gave him the hottest waifu.

Attached: 35031218_p0.jpg (2039x1447, 1.38M)

Who is /dong/ here?

Attached: 20190203194244_1.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

Everyone is grossly exaggerating her presence in the game. She is literally the weakest faction and doesn't even start with any land. She is literally just there for the guerrilla bandit raider play style.

I want Total War map but musou battles

They already have Zhang Yan for bandit playstyle. They put her in because they wanted a woman and it's complete bullshit. Especially when there are a ton of other more historically interesting warlords that could have been chosen.

With all the emphasis on their relationship dynamic why the hell was this bitch chosen? Tao Qian having to decide between Cao Cao and Liu Bei would have been an infinitely more interesting scenario, and that's only one example.

gross

Wonder what Lu Bu would have accomplished under Cao Cao if he didn't get executed due to his well known chronic backstabbing disorder.

Attached: just an average day for lu bu.gif (500x281, 1000K)

>She is literally the weakest faction and doesn't even start with any land. She is literally just there for the guerrilla bandit raider play style.

The thing is, you have Vietnamese for that in said time period.
Why make up some non-existent woman bandit when Vietnamese have a long history of doing exactly this. Oh, and actual woman-led uprisings which did happen and are in historical record, not a one line footnote.

The answer is simple. They don't know shit about the period or the history behind it.

i'm sure they will add more as dlc later
the dw games do the same thing except it's for fan service but at least we get to kick her ass in this game whoever she is

Once again it all comes back to DLC. CA will undoubtedly release like 15 DLC packs for everyones favorite faction also why so many important characters have generic portraits too.

I really haven't been following this series at all. Seen nothing of DW9 yet.

I'm only just starting out, so haven't seen much of what if offers yet.

I'm still not sure get the weapon types like heaven and man, and why each character has so damn many weapons to choose from (and from the very start of the game).

He was an absolutely atrocious general but he did know how to lead DURING a fight so he could've made a good field commander.

You can safely google some recipes as your base and then adjust from there. It's what I did and over time you might be able to adjust them for any differences in region like temperature and availability of local ingredients.

i dont mind her too much because she reminds me of that cool bandit chink from the kingdom manga

Attached: 1544994864940.png (591x448, 193K)

Is this game worth it at that point? In one sense it would be nice if they add in more factions for interesting playthroughs, but charging them all as DLC is pretty shit.

DW6 Lu Bu story is still the best. Dong Zhuo and Zhang Jian literally come back from the grave to try and stop you. In the final stage you kill literally everyone.

Too bad their daughter ends up being one of the worst cunts in the 3 kingdom that nearly ended up destroying Wu.

>kingdom
How has Koei not made a Kingdom Musou game yet? It's fairly popular in Japan and the setting and whatnot are literally perfect for a Musou type game.

Attached: 80e85863c6b095ab5b9a4b40fce3de273dbaaba1_hq.jpg (1024x731, 310K)

Read the translation. The first bit is a dry as hell but it's a romanticized story so it's pretty entertaining and has a lot of badass parts. The DW games will give you the most broad stroke version of the story. Haven't watched any of the series but the two part Red Cliff movie is fairly entertaining but focuses on a specific battle within the story.

You just know!

The DW folks just do a shit job of fleshing them out. The Yuans for instance are actually very interesting and just really poorly represented in the games. Plus there are generals that Dong had who were considered to be some of the strongest in the land and yet are just generic models when you play the games.

I thought I remember reading that they never actually had a kid.

They really need to bring back the hypothetical storylines, and not the way in 9 where it is some shitty ass DLC.

>I really haven't been following this series at all. Seen nothing of DW9 yet.
They basically took your "Boy these games haven't changed one bit" comment, for example, and tried to make something different after 20 years of the same gameplay.

DW9 went open world and caused a giant shitstorm because of it. The whole map is one of the most most barren open worlds out there. Copy pasted castles and buildings sprinkled throughout with empty wide open areas. There's no constant action. It literally takes 3 hours to get from one end of the map to the other.

Attached: sky surfing.webm (854x480, 2.61M)

Yeah it's pretty sad that Dong Zhuo and Yuan Shao are essentially the meme characters of the DW franchise at this point.

>Guan Yu
>horrible
I mean he was only made into a legitimate God after his death and all. That aside even he was pretty badass on the field, to the extent that Cao Cao had a raging boner for him and tried to win him from Liu Bei at every opportunity.

Yuan Shao faction with Zhang He, Yan Liang and Wen Chou when? That shit could be viable now that Yuan Shu is even getting recognition within DW.

I mainly only use ROTK characters and it's easy as fuck. I am a shu fag so Guan and Liu Bei are staples, third spot I switch around but favorites are Zhou Tai, Zou Ci, and yellow turban guy. Liu Bei has the same magic as that first guy in the video so can just constantly yank everyone in front of me and keep them juggled. Guan I use his strong magic which is a spinning water thing that holds people and the enemy officers are dead in no time. This is while playing through hard and doing the chaos levels here and there. The game is piss easy with the inclusion of magic

Attached: 1456099893063.gif (400x286, 995K)

yeah it's easy but the sengoku characters don't even need horses to travel around and they can kill stuff far easier and faster

> to the extent that Cao Cao had a raging boner for him and tried to win him from Liu Bei at every opportunity
I think this gets exaggerated a lot.
He did not treat him any better than his own officers when he captured him,but sure,that still probably meant better conditions than shu
Cao Cao tried to steal generals all the time too
What really made Guan Yu such a well renowned dude was his loyalty.
His battle feats tend to be exaggerated too even if he wasnt bad by any means and he wasnt that good of a general too.

Why was Liu Bei such a shit irl?

because he is literally a shoe maker

Oppurtunist hypocrite uneducated asshole gets lucky a lot so becomes more greedy and self centered
Also no morals,best buds with a drunk pedo and another dude which even his own troops despised a lot
Did banditry with and without these dudes for a while too

Attached: you_.webm (1000x562, 2.95M)

I like it but theres too much

"I knew that was your plan, so I planned for it!, but oh no you planned for it! good thing I thought of that too,"

especially when they recycle the same exact strategy
the guy sure loves some history repeating shit
I read the lu bu novel (granted it was written by another guy but approved by rot author) and it is just the exact same story with dong zhao replaced by ding yuan

Attached: friend.jpg (800x600, 75K)

%90 of those bullshit stories are about zhuge liang too
Fuck that farmer
Sima Yi and Cao Cao did such ruses irl though

>The fuck are you even doing here.
Accurate.

I just want to know how that gets twisted into MUH BENEVOLENCE. I know history tends to romanticize shit all the time but where's even the starting point. Like you can look at Wu and be all Family honor, awesome. But Shu is just shit from the start.

Attached: tiger blood.jpg (848x506, 115K)

It's even funnier when wu already could fit the benevolence bill too
Lu Su,Lü Meng,Sun Jian,Sun Ce are already shining beacons of benevolence
Their generals were mostly all loyal too,most straight up denied their wages so the state or the rest of the army could improve,more charity lovers than one expects etc.

Shu was romanticized by a Shu apologist years later. Before that I think the chinks thought Wei and Jin were the legitimate successors to the Han. Only after this cuck started bitching did they rexamine it and start pushing that Shu was actually fucked over and the legitimate successor.

Liu Bei technically was related to the Han. His ideals of saving the dynasty hold some merit as opposed to literally every other warlord who simply wanted to usurp it.

I think they just really wanted to do an underdog story where Shu is always in numerical disadvantage but has muh strategy.
Liu Bei is the protag so they made him likeable.

Also yeah Wu and Wei weren't so bad, the only real villain was Dong Zhuo.

Almost all the sides were reasonably benevolent. Cao^2 was pretty stand up too.

I like how Cao Cao goes from anime villain to actually just a pragmatic and ambitious man in DW series.
In 8 especially he's really not bad at all, though still seen less good than Liu Bei

I mean, Liu bei threw his son on the fucking ground. Not his fault if he's a bit stoopid after that.

To be honest, Wu is less about benevolence, they're more about their own independence and freedom. They're like the Texas of ancient China. Part of why Wu became it's own thing is because it had been a region which was just generally left to it's own devices, so much so that it was kinda like it wasn't actually a part of Han China.

Are these two the worst additions ever.
Guan Suo
>Does he have a personality?
>Low tier prettyboy, not even the fujoshits like him
Bao Sanjuana
>Literally WHO
>”Cute” character is already Xiaoqiao, Bao is somehow 10x more obnoxious
>Debut design doesn’t fit her character at all
>Literally looks like a different person in each DW game
What went so WRONG

Attached: 43C08DA0-7771-4DDC-ADAB-67C081B8B406.jpg (2048x2048, 644K)

was it not one of cao pi sons who killed her beacuse she had his mom killed by swallowing niddles?

See that's what I think makes them appeal as heroes. They mostly just went to be left the fuck alone and not deal with the rest of these assholes.

Attached: 19881490_p0_master1200.jpg (688x830, 726K)

cop pis sons/grandsons should have not been so incompetent.

its what happens when you add in a literal self insert fanfiction character that made it into the later versions of the novel, and his fan fiction wife number 1 out of two who was never in the actual novel.

sure the novel is fictional too, but the differences in fictional tone of both is jarring.

To be fair, I think we added most of the cool ones by the time seven rolled out.

This game does a pretty good job with their characters looks wise. Milky, tsundere, mommies, tomboy, barafags, twinks, etc. There's something for everyone

Attached: 1502645793455.jpg (170x204, 5K)

Man,I'm getting madder more I think about it so here's more context
Southlands were poor,so everything they did,they did throughout their own efforts.
Wu was,in general,at least 5 times more successful than shu.These people weren't just sidenotes in history,they were the driving force behind the opposition.Their successes go unnoticed because of this shu faggotry too.
Liu Bei's latest relative from the imperial line was from 300 years ago,and his family doesnt count as a part of the imperial family because THEY decided to not send tributes to the throne.So he is not even close to the family by blood,but also by law.
That's not real but he did some retarded shit anyways
I would paint Wei as the I AM THE LAW faction if I needed to simplify it as much as possible.Half the guys there were removing corrupt fucks even before this whole 3K thing.
Not arguing against that,just trying to fit them in to this specific narrative where the author really wanted benevolence & loyalty to be a theme.

>make your son into a retard
>your adopted son betrays you

should have had more kids.

>two
You mean three.
Zhou Cang:
>Yet another Guan Yu dick rider
>The biggest Guan Yu dick rider yet, literally all he does is grovel to Guan Yu and ride his dick at every oppurtunity
>Little personality, all he is is being the fastest man alive
>fanfiction character to boot.

I'm so fucking pissed that this fucking douchebag was added yet actual INTERESTING real life dudes like Jian Yong are snubbed. Jesus christ Koei get your shit together.

Attached: Zhou Cang.jpg (640x553, 71K)

>lu bu vs the world
his final mission was dope.

But could anybody provide him a decent challenge?

Also why Lu Bu is considered so mighty? He loses a lot

but literal fanfiction characters like lu bu's daughter are ok?

As much as shit-worthy Shu is,I think people go a bit hard on L.Bei's son.
Think a bit about the context.
He didn't get all those fancy training Cao Cao's sons did
Hell,Cao Cao trained his kids himself on some subjects,like mounted archery and poetry
Or the Sun family
He was surrounded by dumbasses,but worst of all,SELFISH dumbasses.Loyal and good Shu dudes were mostly all military fellas most of which died while he was alive anyways so they couldn't help or train him in civil matters.

In short,he was just a scared kid with no knowledge.He should've acted on many issues sure but what did people expect from him but to refer to others?He didnt ask to be crowned or anything too.
Surrendering was the right move too.

This is Lu Lingqi. Say something nice about her.

Attached: DuD_2NfXgAA00zZ.jpg large.jpg (1080x1920, 235K)

It's not fully confirmed but Liu Bei along with Dong Cheng and others had an official edict to kill Cao Cao. Based on that, Liu Bei did do the right thing in trying to save the Han and building up Shu-Han as his successor.

He was a distant relative literally obeying an edict directly from the Emperor. That in some sense makes him benevolent, as all other factions were technically in open rebellion until Cao Pi forced abdication.

>stopped going to /eagg/ ages ago because they embraced the fucking dumpster fire that is DW9
>they unironically refuse to discuss any other game, even DW8
>waifufags are single handedly keeping that trash heap of a game "alive"
God I fucking hate waifufags so damn much. I'd shake the hand of a leper before spitting in the direction of a waifufag.

Attached: 1551941214552.png (533x358, 442K)

Liu Shan did the best he could with what he had available. The war was basically being fought on "honor" by that point and he was just waiting for Zhuge Liang to fucking die so he could surrender and stop putting his people through this shit.

It's terrible. I miss the more subdued designs of the ps2 era games.

>they unironically refuse to discuss any other game, even DW8
Not really. There's been fucking DW7 vs DW8 debates every time when someone asks for a first game recommendation.

He loses often but he still is still a relevant and important figure both from his link with dong zhuo and all the latter events with liu bei & cao cao so fiction ends up painting him as a mountain to pass.
There's no evidence of this edict ever existing.
The distant relative part is all ditto shit for the already listed reasons too
Nothing he did excuses his crimes too
He could've just joined Wu at any point of time as well,after all they were acting on the pretense of supporting the throne since Sun Jian.
There's nothing benevolent about Liu Bei.

I forgot he even existed. I'd rather they just made Xiahou Ji the new shu addition and scrapped Zhou Cang completely desu

I don't mind fanfiction characters if they actually do something, or have an interesting story made up for them.

Didn't they kinda do that already with DW9 designs?

How is that even a debate vanilla DW7 is AWFUL. Good story mode I guess, but everything else...

>Loyal and good Shu dudes were mostly all military fellas most of which died while he was alive anyways
Are you doubting Zhuge Liang's impeccable genius?

>, or have an interesting story made up for them.

Im happy if they at least don't get in the way. There's a lot of characters and people we only have a basic history off, if you want to pepper that with some literal whos I don't really mind if they at least play well on a team.

>Starves his troops to death 4 times
Heh...
Nothing personell...
Sh-I mean wei...

It's all part of the plan bro

>How is that even a debate vanilla DW7 is AWFUL.
>/eagg/: That's where you are wrong, kiddio
In all seriousness. There's a DW7 definitive edition on steam with the XL expansion and all DLCs. I don't think vanilla DW7 is in the question.

Attached: DW7 elitist.webm (850x478, 2.95M)

Most of Liang's best ideas were all his chud wife's anyways.

Attached: Yue_Ying.jpg (2900x2542, 878K)

I haven't paid much attention to 9. Hearing the backlash and the last 3 games being disappointments kept me away.

>claims to have invented a dozen of shit that existed for years
>gets more shu soldiers killed than any wei general
>writes fanfiction while self fellating and tries to pass it as history
>doesnt notice the fact that the only reason he was recruited was that his older brother was more successful so they could use him as a leverage to recruit him
Kongming....
Remember the name...

Rafe de Crespigny, the more prominent Three Kingdoms/late Han scholar in the west, is supposedly a consultant, but the excerpts I've seen seen to have the events being more fictional than the later Dynasty Warriors. I think Liu Bei forms the coalition against Dong Zhuo in this one?

Can't help that Shu build their Kingdom in a fucking shit hole, user.

I can't help but feel like the whole of Shu is just a giant Monty Python bit,.

*AHEM*
Strikeforce is the best game in the series
Multi-Raid 1&2 collection on Switch fucking WHEN?

Attached: Xiahou.Dun.full.709104.jpg (1024x1024, 229K)

>what is southlands
Yeah,no.You can make do when you bust your ass.
It's not like they entered completely ravaged lands too.
user,I was talking about his campaigns
The reasons his soldiers got starved were because the retard couldnt into logistics,not because they simply had no supplies
The enemy would just wait them out half the time

Strikeforce designs are something else.

Attached: Pang De transform and roll out.jpg (711x800, 109K)

Attached: Objective Taste.webm (700x392, 2.94M)

>Rafe de Crespigny, the more prominent Three Kingdoms/late Han scholar in the west, is supposedly a consultant

user, my own posts are consulted with all the biggest names in both the western and eastern spheres of research into the Three Kingdoms period.

Just like I remember Total War AI playing by the rules of Sun Tzu's Art of War.

Words are cheap, no one gives a single fuck about what the "history" consultant has to say.

Dong Zhuo did literally nothing wrong.

but he gives "good" gaming news on twitter

>A FUCKING TRANSFORMER
God damn it
Devs never listen to consultants
More news at 10 o'clock

>samurai warriors 2

muh nigga.

That gut suggests otherwise.

Stop learning Three Kingdoms from video games and TV shows and start reading Sanguozhi biographies you fatherless drunk cretins

>''Hey fuckface,force feed your bro some poison''
>burns the capital down
>desecrates tombs
>kills random court officials
>throws a fucking spear at his adopted son because of a maid
>fucks anything that moves
I mean the guy wasnt probably AS evil as portrayed,but he still was evil.

Wei Yan did nothing wrong

Attached: Wei_Yan 23.jpg (736x488, 114K)

All the characters are exaggerated to ridiculous degrees. From Zhuge Liang's 5D chess tactics to Sima Yi essentially being Starscream even though in reality he only started the coup because Cao Shuang was an incompetent idiot. Kind of Ironic that Sima Yi's own grandson ended up fucking everything up too.

Attached: fdf80edf637c8e4a2763a25c6bdfbcde.jpg (800x448, 30K)

But He did! He fucked up at Red Cliff also He should killed Guan Yu when He had a chance.

Because in reality a single soldier won't win a battle by themselves. There are a couple of historical mentions of his strength and skill, which means it must have been notable, but that kind of thing won't be enough to win by itself.

It's a shame about 9 being shit. They iron out the kinks and I could see it being pretty boss for Empires.

Don't forget Pei Songzhi's commentary and Zizhi Tongjian's 3K era translation of Rafe de Crespignyy

sima yi's great grand son*

>I mean the guy wasnt probably AS evil as portrayed,but he still was evil.
It's actually pretty accurate, Dong Zhuo was cartoonishly evil. Dude minted a new currency just to stroke his ego and it immediately completely crashed the local economy and tons of people starved to death

Srls you still cry that they add extra lord to let Women that like to play strategic game to choose female lord if they want to?

Sun Quan literally hunted tigers but you wont see him portrayed as a predator.

DW8 had such a great OST

youtube.com/watch?v=DImfrqeiy-0

youtube.com/watch?v=xiRApKdGOOI

youtube.com/watch?v=ufwCB8Vm9W4

They've been updating the game for a whole year, but it still has the fundamental issues of open world. It's a reaction image generator at this point.

Attached: 20180711132811_1.jpg (1920x1080, 587K)

Had he killed Guan Yu, Liu Bei and Shu would have been focused on ending Wei. They would have worked with Wu much longer then they did and probably wiped Wei out. Guan Yu living led to Wu and Shu relations falling apart.

The problem is he probably did all those stuff because all he knew was from his military life,so military tactics,ie big shows of dominance would be useful.
We're talking about a guy who spent his years killing rebels and foreigners.

Quan gets a bad rap. I mean I know he had big shoes to fill but dudes alright.

The fact that she's a woman has nothing to do with it your projecting fucking retard. It's the fact that she's a literal nobody when they could have chosen someone relevant to meet their diversity quota. Also the the 99% of players of these types of games are males so fuck right off with "w-what about the female gamurs!!?"

>Also the the 99% of players of these types of games are males
Have you any proof to that sentence?

It is a meme you fucking zoomer cunt

Hello, police. Somebody let /pol/ out again.

are there any actual women somebodies in rotk?
dw fanfiction don't count

god that artwork is hot

He was really successful too,it was only later on where his mental illness advanced over a point that it shat the bed.
At least,most historians think he had a mental illness and him completely changing throughout like that does point to some problem

Reminder that Liu Yu actually did nothing wrong

Attached: C771318A-43D5-4DAD-BBAE-88D8A0DC86CD.jpg (360x512, 49K)

based zhang liao broke his brain

Are niggas really trying to argue whether bitches play Total War? I don't know where you came from but go back please.

literally, gongsun zan is an asswipe

Yeah plenty actually.Only like %20 of females in DW werent in the romance.Well,history is a different thing but even then some of those still existed.
Most of the historical records of women were burned because Cao Shuang hated women or something

>goes to fight in the mountains when he's over 60 and still wins
>actually fights,not just leads too
God damn it I can't believe that he's a mere human and not terminator.

>tfw this thread has more posters and activity than /eagg/ currently.

Kwan didn't have any mental illness. It's everyone around him that was dumb. It's his soldier's fault they couldn't find a mythical island.

Attached: 1497916439134.png (730x720, 587K)

Was Cao Shuang /our guy/?

Liu Shan didn't deserve her. Also kek at Koei trying to hook her up with Guan Yu's son before they realized that they should stick to history and even then they never explicitly make her his wife. Even they don't like Liu Shan.

Attached: Xingcai_15th_Anniversary_Artwork_(DWEKD).jpg (1934x3120, 3.59M)

They clearly weren't trying hard enough.

sure but they are just wives or political tools, never leaders or anything like that
not saying the inclusion of that bandit whoever isn't dumb but which female character could they realistically include

2 islands you dumbfuck,and dont you forget it.
>fucks up so much that another family usurps the throne
Fits the bill.
Funny thing is 1 of those islands were probably japan so only one was mythical.

I really like the slit of her dress.

Attached: Xingcai-dw8.jpg (2000x2000, 503K)

I never really got the strategy behind these games. I always just beelined for the main castle and beat the boss.

>loses his father violently
>loses his brother violently
>watches his generals and friends succumb to illness or die violently
>watch family members succumb to illness, including the love of his life
>slowly begins to lose his mind and end up alienating loyal advisors, friends and family members, sometimes even having them executed
>ends up, for the most part, watching from the sidelines as different factions begin the slow decay of your kingdom due to infighting
>probably spent his last days remembering happier times with his wife, friends and family and wishing he could go back
zhongmou had a tough life

crank up the difficulty and then see how well that works

>Dynasty Warrior 6 and Dynasty warrior 9
Top fucking KEK.

Adding to what the other user said, in /his/ matters there's only proof of Wang Yi going to the field.

Shang Xiang? as in the female that they already put into the game that existed in history and the novel?

i'll wait for you to move those goalposts

I miss the dance party endings and director mode

That's why the Empires games are so great. But the Empires games falls apart when your sworn brother joins an enemy army at the drop of a hat.

State mothers and some specific wives did partake in some state affairs,at the very least as consultants but yeah,would be extremely forced as generals in a historical title and wouldnt even work.The thing is they are seperating romance and records mode so diao chan straight up doesnt exist in records mode where she caters to DW players,so meh,could work.

Quan was also a raging alcoholic. Everybody was an alcoholic back then, but Quan was noticeably worse than others, which is one of the causes of his very bad decision making when he got older.

Wow hostile. I think the dude was just asking legit.

>as in the female that they already put into the game
not sure what you mean by moving goal post

He spent his final months regretting exiling Lu Xun.

>In the winter of 251, about half a year before his death, Sun Quan regretted what he did to Lu Xun. When he was sending off Lu Xun's son Lu Kang back to Chaisang (柴桑), with tears in his eyes he told Lu Kang, "Previously, I believed slanderous rumours and failed to understand your father's well-meaning advice. I've let you down. I've burnt all the documents containing the allegations against your father so that nobody can ever see them."

Attached: best girl(male).png (880x1282, 3.23M)

>Implying all of Shu did not secretly wish for Guan Yu's death.

Historically, The man is unlikable and problematic as hell.

I wish asian men looked like that in real life.

>Quan was also a raging alcoholic.
Huh,really?Can't remember that part.Where was it stated?Not saying it can't be true,just cant remember it at all.

Koei's been painting him as a genius who only acts dumb from day one, with him surrendering to big dick Deng Ai as a sign of this. It's only in, out of all things, DW9 where they show Huang Hao and Jiang Wei draining the coffers, and Liu Shan doing nothing to stop them, aside from question their actions (and he's the only one to do so).

Wasn't there an anecdote about how he was such an alcoholic that he would order peoples' execution, and had to wake up the next day to tell them to not actually kill them when he's drunk?

If I'm not mistaken, it was Guan Yu specifically who didn't want to give up Ji providence. Cao Cao letting Guan Yu live and go to Shu was probably more of Shu's undoing then his own.

>>Expecting asian men to grow respectable facial hair like that
Dream on.

Attached: emperors new bu.png (500x456, 252K)

>Sun Quan loved hunting and was very bold in his expeditions. In fact, he was so bold that Zhang Zhao often feared for his life, since he tended to hunt tigers. Zhang Zhao even went so far as to build him a special cart from which he could hunt in safety, and this might be the world’s first tank.
>After an argument he sent messengers to Zhang Zhao’s home to apologize, but Zhang Zhao refused to meet with them, so Sun Quan came himself. Even then, Zhang Zhao refused to come out and talk to him. And that was when Sun Quan had another idea that is kind of crazy. He set the gate of Zhang Zhao’s house on fire to smoke him out - so that he could apologize. But Zhang Zhao was so ridiculously stubborn that he just let it burn and still refused to come out of the house. When Sun Quan realized this wasn’t going to work, he extinguished the fire and then just sat outside looking sad. By this point, Zhang Zhao’s sons had had enough of all this, so they picked their father up and dragged him outside. They put him in Sun Quan’s carriage and the two rode back to the palace, where Sun Quan publicly apologized.

Sun Quan and Zhang Zhao sitcom when

He drank so much that he gave an order to ignore all his orders when drunk
>Sun Quan decided that he could not be trusted when he had been drinking and commanded that any orders he gave while drunk to be disregarded. Since Gu Yong himself did not drink and was very stern, Sun Quan appointed him as the chancellor in part to moderate his own behavior.

>Apologize by burning someone's house down

That's our Quan.

>Failed to assassinate Dong Zhuo.
>Nearly got captured and executed while fleeing from botched assassination, but was pitied by Chen Gong.
>Freaked Chen Gong out by killing his adopted uncle and acting like it was nothing.
>Was decimated at Chi Bi, and was only spared because Guan Yu felt like he owed him a favor.

kek

user....
That's fiction...

Stopped caring about Total War years ago.

But wait,there's more!
>Sun Quan and Zhang Zhao had a heated argument in the court, and Sun Quan grew so furious that he almost drew his sword and threatened to kill Zhang Zhao. Zhang Zhao responded by reminding Sun Quan that his mother had tasked Zhang Zhao with protecting him and that he would rather die than hold his tongue. Both of them started weeping and they eventually embraced. Even then, though, Sun Quan would not listen to Zhang Zhao’s advice. He still sent Zhang Mi and Zhang Zhao was so furious that he refused to attend court. Sun Quan thought that it made sense to pile dirt outside of the gate of Zhang Zhao’s house so that he couldn’t leave, since he was content to remain inside. Zhang Zhao, in response, piled up dirt on his own side of the gate.

I’m surprised nobody answered. I love the strategy games but I’ve never played the ones on steam mainly thanks to the review scores.

I keep trying to play through 9, but I haven't managed to make it past Hu Lao Gate... It's just so boring and awful. Plus fuck them for keeping Zhang He's claws behind a paywall. It makes me so sad to imagine the future for the series (if there even is one). I just want more 8-style.

same here actually, i'm REALLY in the mood for it since i've had enough of sphere of influence (fun game but i feel like i've drained it of all its value)

You can’t control Tao Qian and Han Sui? Wtf

last one I played was 8 and it was pretty fun trying to get events to pop up
I'm sure it is completely different now though
I had the old snes one too but it was pretty barebones

>Dorky pupil and Stubborn old man
It's like I like a crazy shounen manga

But he did, he tried to romance Zhang Xiu's sister-in-law, which lead to Dian Wei and his son Cao Ang getting killed. He regretted it to his death

>killed Kong Rong because he couldn't take the banter

You can recruit both. As long as they exist in the game, you can turn them over into your faction whether through bribery or politics. Same way you can steal Lu Bu from Dong Zhuo as Yuan Shao

Played every one from IV to XIII. If you can read Japanese, play X (pinnacle of the series). XIII is a poor man's version of X

Because they've been talked about to death since before DW9 came out. Why do you think generals and /vg/ as a whole are such shitshows?

I don't know why you guys hate them so much.

Attached: DW Girls.jpg (4572x3000, 1.26M)

I hear she's in the shack on the road.

Jesus Christ, that’s /ourguys/.

They need to keep the option of original voice acting, and that sound effect that played before every cutscene.

How do I get into Three Kingdoms? The TV series?

I dont know why people are angry about Zheng Jiang. Just like Xingcai, shes a composite character based on two persons. Also, youre all hypocrites. One of the most popular characters in DW outside of the fujobaits like Guo Jia and Cao Pi, is Lu Lingqi a literal no named nobody who was only mentioned in the romance whose only purpose was being a political hostage to Yuan Shu but somehow became one of the faces of DW and is one of the strongest characters next to another fan fiction character Guan Yinping.

*sound effects*

"MY LORD THE ENEMY HAS BUILT A DIKE BY THE EDGE OF THE RIVER"

"A DYKE?! OH NO!?"

Depends if you want to get into the fiction or actual history. The TV series is mostly fiction but it's great.

Also, daily reminder that Ma Teng and Gonsun Zan are still not playable in DW but Dong Bai is.

i dunno if ma teng is worth a character slot, gongsun zan i'd say yes if they're willing to dirty liu bei's character abit by associating him with gongsun zan.

Nobody but me likes Gongsun Zan anyways.

Attached: 1522423513138.png (800x600, 341K)

As long as Zhao Yun exists that wont happen. His character exists to point out that Zan is a jerkass and is Liu Bei is the most virtous guy in the land.

Fiction and then history I guess.

it's ok if japan does it
jokes aside it is probably because koei does it for fan services waifu purposes but people think the total war inclusion is due to "diversity quota" or whatever and that is threatening to people
>only thing I know about the total war series is "shamefur dispray"

Watch the TV show then. Enjoy the ride.

Yes

Attached: dong snuggle.jpg (800x800, 122K)

How are those two Red Cliff movies?

Attached: red_cliff_xlg.jpg (1061x1500, 300K)

I can’t get my hands on good version of X but I gotta say I really loved playing VIII and XI on the PS2.

sadly i can see this happening, i could see koei not even bringing up that Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan were school mates and close friends.

to be fair its easier to accept fanfiction characters if they're cute.

Do what I did, start with the DW games on the GBA.

>Ma Chao
>legit boss
In real life he abandoned his father to go to war with Cao Cao for no reason other than to be a dick.

>zhuge wank and lets shit on zhao yu some more the movie

The battle scenes are fun, but the rest is a bit boring.

pathetically low troop count

also the generals look bland as fuck and soulless. Doesn't feel like the same devs that made the old total war games

its really strange how the 2010 TV show is the best version of Zhou Yu that has been done by a chinese director and even there he's kinda a dick.

>omits the existence of the older sister
She's in ROTK 11 and 12 but yeah it's weird that they never put her in DW.

Attached: Zhangshi-rotk12.jpg (372x526, 91K)

im pretty sure it was a story about him getting so drunk, he ride a horse to a neighboring village and asked them to serve him food and drink. if it did not meet to his standards, he would burn the house down after getting served.

he’s a degenerate bandit with a fancy title

Only cavalry is low. The unit sizes are the same as ever with 160 for infantry on large.
Also fuck you. The game has the best rendition of Cao Cao to date after the Rotk 2010 tv show. I hate Koei for making Cao Cao just chinese Oda Nobunaga wearing blue.

han > shitty usurpers

based

>thousands of years of shu fanboyism in china/japan and the entirety of the orient
>the west gets their hands on the three kingdoms
>CAO CAO DID NOTHING WRONG

Attached: 1549564988178.png (550x527, 316K)

>Red Cliff
>Shit on Zhou Yu

Huh? If anything it was one of a few version that did not shit on him.

>dead rotting corpse long past it’s expiration date infested with corrupt eunuchs running the show > a government that gives a fuck about ththe land and it’s people
hi Zhang Rang

China shills the living shit out of Cao Cao and Wei ever since Mao, user.

Legit boss

With all the female generals in TW3K, Ma Yunlu as a general under Ma Teng when? She was said to have beaten Xu Zhu and Xu Huang in combat.

Attached: mayunlu.png (239x236, 105K)

Attached: mfw.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

I need to watch it again then since that was the impression I still have of the movie but I did see it more than 10 years ago

Xishi when?

Attached: 1551680452254.png (720x1030, 1.49M)

Haven't really liked a Total War game since Medieval 2

I love the Three Kingdoms era so much I'm hoping that my enjoyment of the era will cover the lack in quality. I mean, I didn't really like Dynasty Warriors 6-8 and I still put a ridiculous amount of hours into them.

Being an ex-Yellow Turban makes him interesting automatically makes him more interesting than half of wu

They lost the Mandate of Heaven a while ago, the Yellow Turbans were the first to notice.

TIIEENNNNSHAAAAAA

The AI is worse than the TW:WH games

Who's this semen demon?

The Yellow Turbans should have won. The eunuchs were making the common man's life so shitty that the villagers were rebelling and joining this faction. It was the only solution, taking the power away from the twelve warlords that were all fighting for power. Liu Bei was hard evidence that there is no political solution to evil, vile rule through force. He shouldve stayed a commoner and fought for the turbans if his morals were so high-strung.

Attached: 51010749_1487465441389311_922246868497334272_n.png (640x480, 165K)

He BTFO commie Cuck Bei and all of his shithole country

Better watch 2010 TV series

>The game has the best rendition of Cao Cao to date after the Rotk 2010 tv show.
Oh fuck right off. That Cao Cao looks like a bum filipino mechanic, and the goofiness is absurd leddit tier shit

I always read that shu and Liu Bei weren't at all like they are shown in ROTK and media. Can someone suggest a book that gives a more accurate, and non romanticized, depiction of the three kingdoms era and the people involved?

>The unit sizes are the same as ever with 160 for infantry on large.
That's the fucking problem. It's fucking China at the fall of the Han dynasty. Not cowboys and indians or african tribals chucking spears at each other

Which is ironic since Liu Bei most represented the shitty confucian system that says that everyone has a specific place that they should never stray from.

I think the chinese just like being ruled over.

They make my man Zhou Yu an ugly fucktard. and that literally who bandit. and its also another wank at pre-3 kingdoms period. Why the hell cant we get some game that highlights those clusterfuck moments when the three kingdoms were finally there?

China's cultural customs treat their people like an ant colony. It's always weird seeing things like that.

>Cao Cao literally did nothing wrong.

Fixed

Most country does in the past, actually. Chink is just more systematic when it comes to brainwashing.

>Zhou Yu
Literally who?

Because of recognization. Three Kingdoms period is widely known throughout the world and even in the west thanks to DW. If they made a game on the shitstorm that was War of the Eight Princes majority of people would go "fucking who?".

Sun Quan is always my boy, too bad he always gets sidelined between the other two faction, and always ends up as the "ally". I'm just waiting for a chinese drama depicting Wu since like said, , Wu had alot of their own intrigue.
I mean, china makes a slightly more pro Cao Cao drama that had to went like 3 title changes because people still had rage against that guy. The market is there.

youtube.com/watch?v=rFA08BJUtPo

XI had such a great soundtrack.

Nah, I mean when the Three Kingdoms were all finally established, aka early 220's. No matter how familiar we are with Yellow Turban all the way to Chi Bi, those are still technically not the Three Kingdoms period, but Late Han.

> When you see through the eyes of your custom character in the empires game
> The cutscene where you watch Lu Bu tear through a group of soldiers then charge at you
> Your character straight up parries Lu friggin' Bu and pushes him back a few

That was fun as hell.

I think it's pretty funny that Lu Bu's hypothetical is also the best outcome in DW8. He ends the war and unifies China earlier than anyone else, is adored by the public, has a genius strategist he listens to, and he managed to develop into a more functioning human being.

>Wu's Hypothetical ending is literally everyone living happily ever after
>Jin hypothetical is better than the real one because there's more focus on Shi over Sima Zhao
>Shu hypothetical ending has a pretty kino ending if i remember correctly with Liu Bei and Cao Cao dueling in a burning palace or something pondering fate and all that shit

Wu's hypothetical is major good feels.
>Cao Cao coming to respect Liu Bei
>Liu Bei's last words to him is to look after the people
>Cao Cao is so moved by this, his ambition is replaced by benevolence

Hu Juer

Attached: Hu_Che'er_-_RTKXII.jpg (360x512, 66K)

>DW9 where they show Huang Hao and Jiang Wei draining the coffers, and Liu Shan doing nothing to stop them, aside from question their actions
By that point no one could do anything but watch.
It's hilarious how DW9 actually made Huang Hao play a role in the fall of Shu and yet shit on Jiang Wei as much as DW7

>Wu

I still can't believe what they did to him

Thanks
On a similar note, how's Nobunaga's Ambition series? I know two games are on Steam.

Who's his older brother?

>unmatched strength, bravery, and loyalty
>lel no he's a bumbling baby

Attached: b825c563f5aa70d17554bff2f5b9327e.jpg (750x1020, 101K)

just time travel bro

Zhuge Jin from Wu

This

Attached: Three_Kingdoms_RPG.jpg (800x500, 129K)

sphere of influence, as i've said before, is something i've really enjoyed alot, it has a stronger focus on story if your doing a major clan during certain era's, my only issue with the gameplay is that sometimes you'll just have lines of commanders waiting for their turn to attack,, also the game can feel pretty tough if your trying to defeat Nobunaga/Hideyoshi.

Some of the questionable character concepts can at least sorta be justified. Zhang He is still pretty likable and the whole faggotry thing can at least be chalked up to being a secret badass bloodthirsty freak like Hisoka from hxh

I wish koei's version of xu chu showed him hardening up and slightly maturing after Dian Wei's sacrifice

Which other factions the player could use apart of the big 3? Most TW games start right in the moment most groups start to kill each other to earn a place in the new power plays as the old powers begin to fade.

I bought all the dynasty warrior games, including 9, in preparation for total war chinaman and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'm going to enjoy all these games than trigger you AND go around spouting bullshit factoids taught to me by dumb videogames and not any manner of reality.

Attached: 1551951484245.jpg (803x1200, 214K)

>The unit sizes are the same as ever with 160 for infantry on large
>160
>one hundred and fucking sixty
So it's the same shit as every TW game of

Man, they should introduce him and have him take up a brotherly rivalry with Zhuge Liang just to BTFO him multiple times.

Then you can make up a hypothetical route where the three Zhuges all come together and build their own army.

>I bought all the dynasty warrior games, including 9
I highly doubt that.

Attached: 20190311172352_1.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

Who's looking forward to the movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=T7hloOYtrrI

Bet you donate to twitch whores too.

It's great so far. Did you guys know one of Wei's generals was a giant, flaming faggot?

Attached: behold.jpg (1268x513, 144K)

Where did you manage to buy the first one?

When I said "bought them all" I meant the good ones.

I take that back. I thought you unironically bought ALL dynasty warriors games (1-9), not just the ones on steam. You're missing DW8 Empires.

Attached: 20181104142823_1.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

I saw no point in buying that one when total war is coming out.

to be fair 7 empires is better

Creating your own guy/waifu is not worth it? That's a first. There are people who exclusively play Empires just for the CAW alone.

Attached: 1798170-sango7.jpg (637x401, 97K)

Its too different. I'm not.

But you bought 9 as well

Wei is red in TW?

8 Empires is much more customizable, since you can save custom scenarios and also edit even flags, soldiers and mounts, not only characters. It also gives you more freedom, like being able to leave a kingdom, renounce a throne or actually being chosen as a successor, but it does suffer due to their stupid priority for cutscenes (only one ending doesn't matter the fame type you get).

Is DW8 any better than 7? I bought DW7XL Definitive over the weekend, and while the core gameplay is enjoyable, the story modes are all supremely shallow and disappointing, and the conquest mode is boring as fuck. I don't really get the purpose of the weapon switch mode, either.

>story modes are all supremely shallow and disappointing
What? 7 is praised for the storytelling.

The Wei hypothetical is really silly though.

Liu Bei loses in Chibi and escapes. Then Wu falls, Liu Bei is persecuted again and barely escapes in the aftermatch, then Liu Bei escapes once again to the West... And now suddenly ALL of China who weren't directly under Cao Cao pledge loyalty to Liu Bei, from the Nanman to the Ma clan. Suddenly Liu Bei has this mega army that he never had in history and forces a "Final battle" against Wei where if they had won Cao Cao would have been immediately toppled. The progression just doesn't make sense.

If you dislike 7's story I really don't think you're going to enjoy 8 (you aren't mixing up with the Japanese numbering, right?). 8 gives you character options for the stages, but that sacrifices a lot of the cinematic style of 7's, in addition to a few dumb changes to the history just to make it different from 7's, generally in ways that make the story worse.

Yes.

Attached: WO3-Nezha.png (1800x2000, 2.2M)

post best dw music
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAs7dk_E5jg

I grew up on 3-5, so I'm used to much more in depth stuff. I also really dislike having to switch between characters constantly, though at least I get to retain skill points between stages.

I played the Shu story mode first, and it really did seem to gloss over a lot of questionable shit Liu Bei did. The battles are generally fairly short, too.

Not mixing them up, no. Got it on steam.

They always portray the kingdom you're playing as positively, and Shu was never negatively portrayed in the old DWs.

You do get a portrayal of Shu as bad during the Jin story though.

Eh. I wanted to learn more about the original characters rather than play with one of my own.

LITERALLY

Yinping legs really lewd.