Tfw we'll never go back to the golden age of FPS

>tfw we'll never go back to the golden age of FPS

Why does it hurt bros?

Attached: BestFPSs.png (1600x1120, 2.56M)

>CoD
>Halo 3
>golden age
Is this bait? Anyways
kill yourself late zoomer

nice joke, op

Attached: samsara.png (1200x1200, 236K)

cod4 is on psplus rn everyones playing it

absolute unit

2005-2008 is the most soiboi time to be nostalgic for.

Due to the displacement of comfort that you associated with your childhood -- which is now over and gone -- you're idealizing the content of your past in an attempt to rekindle some emotions from your past. Nostalgia posting, comfy/cozy posting, and anything that looks like these are rampant now because the majority of those posters are now in their late teens / mid-to-late twenties, they feel more or less ungrounded, and crave the security that they felt during their youth.

>bunch of shit of literal nobodies after the 90's

Take your pills grandpa

>CoD4
>Halo 3

>golden age of FPS

Attached: der zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

gaming was so fucking good back in 2005 - 2010, these zoomers will never know how good we had it

Attached: 2010ingaming.jpg (1288x4088, 995K)

Attached: 1402554375259.gif (150x150, 904K)

MW2 and Halo 3 were peak Xbox live. The online culture was as important as the games themselves

2007-2010 was early stages of zoomer era friend

Holy shit do you seriously not recognize anybody from that pic?
And you browse Yea Forums?

That's just sad, buddy.

If you're browsing Yea Forums and you're past the age of 30 than there's something seriously wrong with your life gramps

Thread is full of zoom-zoom posers
Abandon thread and launch 1.6, don't look back

many of the games listed here are absolute shit

Everything after 1995 was the beginning of the end. 3D was a mistake. I'm old enough to remember all of the eras and I played games in all of them.

It's true.

Attached: 1991_teenagers.jpg (600x854, 81K)

Haven't you've got some tide pods to much on?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
holy shit you're trying your best to cope right now, ain't you?
If you are past 10 and you don't know the history of your hobby then there's something seriously wrong with your head, and unlike life, that cannot be mended.
Good luck kid, you will need it.

Careful, you might get a heart attack there. Try not to think about the days of the Gulf War too much.

Attached: heart-attack.jpg (378x301, 14K)

>Unreal, Half Life and Quake were a mistake

Sorry dude but it seems to me you're just bitter

You should kill yourself user. That would help.

you don't even know your memes, infant
go back on instagram and stay away from detergent pods!

Attached: HNNNGGIANT.jpg (948x1137, 509K)

>don't know the history of your hobby
jesus grandpa give it a rest

Unreal was a tech demo for 3D accelerators, Half-Life wasn't a bad game but it took games further down the part of interactive movies, and Quake was just an inferior version of Doom.

Hey guys, who here still remembers fidget spinners XD?!

Upvote if you are a boomer like me!

It was only good because we had friends during that time. Those games were average at best.

what game is the security officer from?

Ok kiddo I will leave you alone for now, stay out of trouble and remember to be afraid of strangers!

Jesus fucking christ, this is probably a bait but this thread pissed me off

A world of keflings is amazing,
also no skate game in almost a decade could care less about anything else.

Attached: 73380744_p0.jpg (826x1169, 570K)

Because it's the truth

>cod4, halo
>haha zoomers amirite guys?
>*sips*

Attached: 1525223525659.png (381x353, 40K)

>samsara
>prisoner 849
OH NONONONONO

bro I respect your age and all that shit but you sound like the classic insufferable faggot
Half Life, Quake and their mods did more for the videogame industry and for the public face of gamers than any other product EVER
And this comes from someone that absolutely loves Doom and played Frogger on Atari2600 as a kid.

Marathon

BC2
black ops 1
MW2
ME2
fallout:NV
Borderlads

based

nice thanks

>public face of gamers
The fact that you think this is important means you need to be euthanized for the good of gaming.

You are the zoomer you retarded faggot

Sorry, I'm 19 years old. I'm sure you were reminiscing about the days of Quake II and Unreal on here in 2009.

>mfw zoomers think they are not zoomers

Golden age of FPS goes too far. More like the golden age of Console FPS games.

>More like the golden age of Console FPS games
*shoots you*

Attached: 007.jpg (1642x1200, 380K)

Cod4 sucks, most of the maps are just snipers' paradise

What do you mean user? You're still in it! Not a god damn thing has changed for over a decade!

Golden eye doesn't hold up unless you're playing it on emulator with Keyboard and mouse controls. It was fun back in the day don't get me wrong. But in terms of raw game design Goldeneye doesn't hold a candle to Halo CE let alone Halo 3 and Cod4.

Halo 3 has the worst multiplayer in the franchise

So the game sucks because you don't know how to snipe? Or because you can't play against snipers?

>But in terms of raw game design Goldeneye doesn't hold a candle to Halo CE let alone Halo 3 and Cod4.
it's a much better designed game than those you listed though

>unless you're playing it on emulator with Keyboard and mouse controls
that ruins the game because you can cheese the stealth system, the guards have deliberately slow reaction times to suit controller aiming

I love how you so confidently declare that you're 19, like every other tweeny faggot thinking they're a big deal.

Laughable, please continue.

t. 25yo zoomer

Attached: 1542222714679.jpg (381x353, 66K)

Neither, snipers just aren't fun to play with or against, it just promotes camping in COD4

Be careful OP millennials will google games older than those and shitpost saying they were better. Last thing you want is that. They are nearly as delusional as Ninten.cucks.

I guess you wanted videogames to be a basement entertainment and nothing more.
Instead now we have tournaments and media coverage in big-ass installations and thousands of little leagues in friendly communities.

But eh, the greater good, right? Eithanasia it is.

ok kid write a blog or something

Get cancer and die.

1 third of this image is nothing but dogshit games.

That's a truly laughable statement. You may have preferred Halo 2, but Halo 3 was every bit as good. Had some of the best designed maps and most fun weapon additions.
>Guardian is a better map than any map in Halo 1 or 2
>Valhalla is superior version of the OG classic Blood Gulch
>The Pit is a top 10 Halo Map
>Gravity hammer like it or not was fun as fuck and without it we wouldn't have had gryph ball. the best Halo custom game mode ever.
>Spartan Laser is an absolute unit
>overall weapon balance and map design is the best of the halo series.

>I guess you wanted videogames to be a basement entertainment and nothing more.
It was never basement entertainment you LARPing zoom zoom. There was always mainstream interest in arcade competitions. Only reason e-sports took off now is because it used to be hard to broadcast niche forms of entertainment due to limited analogue TV bandwidth and internet being too slow.

If gaming hadn't gone in such a cancerous direction we'd be watching pros compete in arcade games online instead of the garbage they play these days.

The N64 controls are dogshit. You'd know this if you were capable of seeing through a nostalgia filled lense. I grew up with goldeneye bud. The N64 was the first console i ever got as a gift just for me.
All the old 007 games were fun back then. But in retrospect, game devs back then just hadn't figured out the proper way to design an adequate fps control scheme. And N64 was ill suited to that scheme anyway because it doesn't have a 2nd analog stick.

t. 43 year old loser who literally has spent every single day on Yea Forums and has nothing to show for his life so he insults people for stating the fact halo 3 and cod 4 were really good and no one plays fucking quake

Attached: 1542508071252.png (1199x630, 1.19M)

>I grew up with goldeneye bud. The N64 was the first console i ever got as a gift just for me.
doesn't mean shit, i know lots of people who had the game that were incredibly shit at it

unless you beat the game on 00 agent back then i don't want your opinion since you never actually played the real game

not your bud pal

Attached: 1550751685387.png (730x290, 48K)

ok bud. getting good at goldeneye is like getting good at riding a fucking ripstick or slight of hand magic. Sure you can do it but why fucking bother when you could ride the vastly superior skateboard or just not be a massive faggot?

I seriously doubt the players could have done anything against that.
Publishers and developers wanted money, home consoles printed money so arcades died, then players wanted money, streaming printed money so videogames are dying.

Your problem is not cancerous gaming direction, it's capitalist raison d'ĂȘtre.
Anyway you want to call me a larping zoomzoom and I don't talk to raging neckbeards so enjoy this thread full of real zooms while I take off.

IT'S LITERALLY ALL I HAVE

Attached: 1550934807298.jpg (636x358, 31K)

>Half-Life wasn't a bad game but it took games further down the part of interactive movies,
stupid fucking argument

You can literally play both those games still. Like the passage of time does not erase them from existence.

MW2 and Black Ops 1 was better that CoD 4

Microsoft is fucking retarded for refusing to remaster Halo 3 though

It's true for Cod4 with MW remastered being damn good has a decent sized community.
But the MCC is a fucking ghost town and MS killed Eldewrito.

>Publishers and developers wanted money, home consoles printed money so arcades died, then players wanted money, streaming printed money so videogames are dying.
Arcades died because the quality of games declined thanks to 3D. After that, game sales weren't determined by quality but ease of distribution became the selling factor. Which system is best for delivering garbage to the consumer.

I didn't say the late 90s were all that bad, just that 1995 was the beginning of the end. The decline was steady.

MCC gimped the multiplayer and removed file sharing killing the forge communty

MW2 and Black ops were both great. But they are a bit more arcade-ish in nature where Cod4 is objectively the most balanced multiplayer experience and probably has the best or 2nd best campaign of the entire series.

>MS killed Eldewrito.
eldewrito was dead before m$ killed it. and they really didnt kill it, they just forced them to remove the download links

Bro I distinctly remembered that game being alive and well, and then when MS issued the takedown i was no longer able to connect to the server. So maybe that experience wasn't unique to me. If I knew you could still play that game i'd be doing it.

Why is Marathon so fucking underrated?

You literally can.

Halo 3 babies are so obnoxious

Reminder that those who are most ignorant and have the worst tastes are the most vocal

Halo toddl3r.

3 has shit maps and shit gunplay

Your mom has shit flaps and shit tongueplay.